Doctor available by email
Medical SchoolUniversity of Birmingham (United Kingdom)
ResidencyWest Midlands Hospital (England)
FellowshipWest Midlands Hospital (England)
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abey Eapen to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care to a friend?
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
All the nurses [at U of Iowa Center] are very passionate. They always meet with the patients and there when hard conversations happen. There is always a hug!...The U of I usually pushes to only transfer 1 embryo...once you are in cycle, it’s so easy to get the appt times you need/want. They just moved to a new clinic so it’s a lot more convenient for patients!...He [Dr. Abey Eapen] truly cared for me and my husband. Asked questions about how I was doing. He shared many of our emotions...I wasn’t just a number. He cared about me and my well being with the process...When he asked how I was doing after a miscarriage. He didn’t want me to say fine. He wanted to know all my emotions. He recommended a therapist and made sure my mental health was being taken care of.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
I wasn’t just a number. He cared about me and my well being with the process. When throngs were devastating, he was there to help me through it and truly cared. When he asked how I was doing after a miscarriage. He didn’t want me to say fine. He wanted to know all my emotions. He recommended a therapist and made sure my mental health was being taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
He is so genuine and professional. Once he opens up, it’s easy to joke with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
He truly cared for me and my husband. Asked questions about how I was doing. He shared many of our emotions.
Describe the protocols Abey Eapen used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
He told me about superstitions like eating pineapple, taking baby aspirin, and having lucky socks. The medical protocol was always explained with what it would do and side effects.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Maifeld)
All the nurses are very passionate. They always meet with the patients and there when hard conversations happen. There is always a hug!
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
They have up and down time. Sometimes the down time isn’t ideal. But once you are in cycle, it’s so easy to get the appt times you need/want. They just moved to a new clinic so it’s a lot more convenient for patients!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We are fortunate to have medical insurance to cover. The costs are very average within the US
Describe Abey Eapen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The U of I usually pushes to only transfer 1 embryo. The odds aren’t any higher if there is 1 or 2.
Iowa City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Abey Eapen at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.

2020
Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Eapen was very straightforward. We asked a question and he would answer it honestly. He asked us what we wanted to do and made his suggestions. I was very pleased with the testing he ordered to get us some answers....seemed to really care about me as a patient. He actually spent time talking with my husband and I to get to know us. He asked us what we wanted. He asks me to keep in touch every cycle and is very fast with responding to me. He is a very kind person.
The nursing staff [at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] was very friendly and seemed to do their job proficiently...My insurance doesn't cover any infertility treatments. My initial appointment cost about $400...The clinic is very calming. I was surprised to walk in and see how the waiting area is set up. It's like a private little booth to wait in, it really helped calm my nerves. The exam room also seemed "relaxing" for lack of a better word. The lab staff and ultrasound tech were very friendly as well. It doesn't feel so "clinical"
2020
Latino, Other
Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Be honest about what you want and advocate for yourself. Dr. Eapen seems to be very understanding but he is a straightforward guy.
Dr. Eapen seemed to really care about me as a patient. He actually spent time talking with my husband and I to get to know us. He asked us what we wanted. He asks me to keep in touch every cycle and is very fast with responding to me. He is a very kind person.
The nursing staff was very friendly and seemed to do their job proficiently.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.