Not available by email
ResidencyU of Nebraska
FellowshipMayo Clinic
717 N. 190th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abigail Delaney to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Methodist For Women to a friend?
From the moment that I had my initial consultation I had a renewed sense of hope for a course of treatment. ... Dr. Delaney was very kind and hopeful that with some additional testing and treatment, I may be able to have a successful pregnancy. She answers my questions and seems to genuinely care about me as her patient. ... She has excellent bed side manner, a good sense of humor and always explains things in a way that anyone could comprehend.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
From the moment that I had my initial consultation I had a renewed sense of hope for a course of treatment. My wife and I had been trying for a year already with donor sperm at home. I had a chemical pregnancy and a missed miscarriage in that time. Dr. Delaney was very kind and hopeful that with some additional testing and treatment, I may be able to have a successful pregnancy. She answers my questions and seems to genuinely care about me as her patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
I would tell a prospective patient that Dr. Delaney is very kind and to try to be patient because all of this fertility treatment takes a long time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
Describe the protocols Abigail Delaney used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
I had baseline testing and an ultrasound for one monitoring cycle. I was then put on 75 iu of Follistim injections for the first 5 days of a new cycle and after an ultrasound I was bumped up to 150 iu of Follistim for 4 more days. I had 2 follicles that were over 18mm and so I gave myself a shot of Pregnyl and 36 hours later I got my IUI. It was not successful and for the next cycle I will start at 150 iu of Follistim. I have lower estrogen levels and so they want to start getting those numbers higher right from the start.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
Everyone in the Reproductive Endocrinologist floor is very kind. The receptionists are always friendly and helpful. The nurse I speak to most often is Monica and she always listens to my questions/concerns. She is non-judgmental and tries to get back to me as soon as she can. I really feel that everyone there is pulling for you to get a positive test.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I only had one incident where I arrived at the clinic for a baseline ultrasound and the receptionists did not know I was to be coming in and so there was some confusion. Other than that, everyone has always been pulling for me. After my first IUI, my doctor, nurse and the receptionist as we were leaving all wished me "good luck." When I called with a negative test result, they all had a lot of compassion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.
Each cycle including bloodwork, medications, ultrasound, donor sperm and IUI is $2800
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.

She [Dr. Abigail Delaney] is kind and cheers you in through the process. She really wants the best results for all involved. I do wish I would have been pushed a little harder on medications for IVF based on the results from the IUIs and then after our IVF failed, we had a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her as she didn’t have the answers. Overall, wonderful doctor.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is kind and cheers you in through the process. She really wants the best results for all involved. I do wish I would have been pushed a little harder on medications for IVF based on the results from the IUIs and then after our IVF failed, we had a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her as she didn’t have the answers. Overall, wonderful doctor.
Although she is very smart, listen to your body and speak up if you feel a different way.
-IUI #1: 75 IUs of Follistim and pregnyl trigger shot - 2 mature follicles estrogen 376 progesterone suppositories and negativity be pregnancy test. -IUI #2: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot - 4 mature follicles estrogen 1446 progesterone suppositories and negative pregnancy test. -1 month of birth control for residual cysts -IUI # 3: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot. 3 mature follicles and estrogen 527 PIO injections. Negative pregnancy test. -IVF #1: 300 IUs of Follistim for 5 days 375 IUs for 2 days with cetrotide the last of that day and 450 IUs for 2 days and cetrotide for both day. Pregnyl trigger shot. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to blastocysts, 3 euploid. (6AA, 6AA, 5AA) -Valium the day of the transfer. Transferred the 6s but they didn’t thaw properly. PIO injections, negative pregnancy test.
Wonderful.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
With all doctors, listen to them but also advocate for yourself. It is your care. Also, speak up if you don’t understand something. Know if your doctor is out, you will see one of the others. You speak with nurses rather than your doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Methodist For Women.
Monitoring was fine. They always went in order. Some days would take a long time but you cannot help if there are a lot of people that day that needed the same care.
IUI with meds about $3700 IVF with meds and PGS about $21000
Omaha

When my FET was canceled she [Dr. Abigail Delaney] personally called me and talked to me about it and what our next steps would be. She also did every ultrasound before retrieval. She’s so kind and compassionate...She is very kind and makes me feel like I’m her only patient. She truly wants what is best for me and my treatment... I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and Dr Delaney is doing everything to make sure my body is ready for transfer
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is a great doctor!! When my FET was canceled she personally called me and talked to me about it and what our next steps would be. She also did every ultrasound before retrieval. She’s so kind and compassionate
Trust her, she has your best interest in mind
She is very kind and makes me feel like I’m her only patient. She truly wants what is best for me and my treatment. We had to cancel a FET because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and Dr Delaney is doing everything to make sure my body is ready for transfer
They are all so friendly! They would call me immediately with results and were happy to answer my questions
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They are all so friendly and compassionate. The whole clinic really wants to help you become pregnant. They spoil you on retrieval day and make you feel as comfortable as they can. With every ultrasound and blood work I never wondered about my results, the nurse would call me as soon as she had the results. It was also really nice that the doctor would do every ultrasound
There was a time frame of 3 hours in the morning that I could come for monitoring. Everything ran smoothly and I didn’t feel rushed