Not available by email
ResidencyU of Nebraska
FellowshipMayo Clinic
717 N. 190th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abigail Delaney to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Methodist For Women to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Delaney always personally made sure to answer my questions and make me feel heard. At one point when I was especially stressed out and nervous, she even offered for me to call her anytime even if I just needed to talk. When we lost our last pregnancy, she also gave me the biggest hug and let me break down.... We tried one round of iui with Femara and it was cancelled so we have always done injectable medication. After trying three iui’s, our doctor said she would do one more if we wanted
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
I absolutely love Dr. Delaney. I don’t have any complaints about her. I always feel cared for and she always seems invested in my success. Throughout this whole process I have always felt that she has been rooting for us and truly hopes she helps us to become parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
Be honest with her and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
Describe the protocols Abigail Delaney used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
We tried one round of iui with Femara and it was cancelled so we have always done injectable medication. After trying three iui’s, our doctor said she would do one more if we wanted but we didn’t want to waste the money on something that wasn’t working. With the egg retrieval cycle, she adjusted my meds whenever necessary and tried to find the sweet spot between getting a lot of eggs and overstimulation me.
A few of the nurses came off as cold and grumpy a few times, but they were never the “regular” nurses I saw. For the most part, my nurses were always kind and compassionate and very knowledgeable if I had questions.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
You often see the other doctors, especially if you are doing an IUI, and the other doctors don’t have as great of bedside manner. For example, both of our ultrasounds during our last miscarriage were done by the other doctors and I think they were handled much differently than our doctor would have handled them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Methodist For Women.
It was first come first serve hours. The only complaint I have about this is that the building opened at 6am and the office opened at 6:30 am and we all had to wait outside the door in the hallway. It always bothers me that they never have chairs out in the hallway for us. We pay a lot of money to sit on the floor. I also wish there was some way for us to know how many people are supposed to be coming in the morning. Some days the line outside the door is 3 people and sometimes it’s 15.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.
Monitoring ultrasounds were $225 each, bloodwork $94 each time. Iui was $800. Egg retrieval was $7,100. Biopsy of up to 8 embryos $1,200. Cryopreservation of embryos $1,000. Frozen transfer $4,398.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.

From the moment that I had my initial consultation I had a renewed sense of hope for a course of treatment. ... Dr. Delaney was very kind and hopeful that with some additional testing and treatment, I may be able to have a successful pregnancy. She answers my questions and seems to genuinely care about me as her patient. ... She has excellent bed side manner, a good sense of humor and always explains things in a way that anyone could comprehend.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
From the moment that I had my initial consultation I had a renewed sense of hope for a course of treatment. My wife and I had been trying for a year already with donor sperm at home. I had a chemical pregnancy and a missed miscarriage in that time. Dr. Delaney was very kind and hopeful that with some additional testing and treatment, I may be able to have a successful pregnancy. She answers my questions and seems to genuinely care about me as her patient.
I would tell a prospective patient that Dr. Delaney is very kind and to try to be patient because all of this fertility treatment takes a long time.
I had baseline testing and an ultrasound for one monitoring cycle. I was then put on 75 iu of Follistim injections for the first 5 days of a new cycle and after an ultrasound I was bumped up to 150 iu of Follistim for 4 more days. I had 2 follicles that were over 18mm and so I gave myself a shot of Pregnyl and 36 hours later I got my IUI. It was not successful and for the next cycle I will start at 150 iu of Follistim. I have lower estrogen levels and so they want to start getting those numbers higher right from the start.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
Everyone in the Reproductive Endocrinologist floor is very kind. The receptionists are always friendly and helpful. The nurse I speak to most often is Monica and she always listens to my questions/concerns. She is non-judgmental and tries to get back to me as soon as she can. I really feel that everyone there is pulling for you to get a positive test.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I only had one incident where I arrived at the clinic for a baseline ultrasound and the receptionists did not know I was to be coming in and so there was some confusion. Other than that, everyone has always been pulling for me. After my first IUI, my doctor, nurse and the receptionist as we were leaving all wished me "good luck." When I called with a negative test result, they all had a lot of compassion.
Each cycle including bloodwork, medications, ultrasound, donor sperm and IUI is $2800
Omaha

My experiences with Dr. Delaney have been wonderful....During every stage of our treatment she reassured us and helped explain the process as much as we needed. She is always timely on calling us and giving us answers. What I could use more from Dr. Delaney is her bluntness. She is so sweet and comforting that sometimes I think it is difficult for her to be blunt with patients....I came to Dr. Delaney with what we thought was a blocked fallopian tube. After further testing, Dr. Delaney was able to confirm I did not have a blocked fallopian tube.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
My experiences with Dr. Delaney have been wonderful. From our consultation to our 3 failed IUI's, I always felt Dr. Delaney had our best interests at heart. During every stage of our treatment she reassured us and helped explain the process as much as we needed. She is always timely on calling us and giving us answers. What I could use more from Dr. Delaney is her bluntness. She is so sweet and comforting that sometimes I think it is difficult for her to be blunt with patients. I already recommend Dr. Delaney to my friends and family who are on their own infertility journeys, so I am very pleased with our experience as a patient!
One piece of advice I would give to a prospective patient is to try not to get discouraged. Sometimes when the answer and results aren't what we want, it is easy to blame the doctor or treatment for not working. But remember, she always has her patients best interest at heart and she too is hopeful each and every round of treatment. My confidence in her skills and knowledge help me from becoming easily discouraged.
I felt like a human to Dr. Delaney because during our consultation she shared her own story of her infertility journey with us. This helped me to relate to her because I knew she struggled with our similar issue. Because of her openness, my husband and I felt like we could trust her, therefore we felt comfortable with her and her opinion and choices. During the infertility process what I needed most was to trust and feel comfortable with my doctor, that is why I felt more as a human than a number to her.
I came to Dr. Delaney with what we thought was a blocked fallopian tube. After further testing, Dr. Delaney was able to confirm I did not have a blocked fallopian tube. After establishing that, came the diagnosis. My husbands sperm results came back normal and my diagnostic testing came back normal also. She diagnosed us with unexplained infertility, which means without the help from medicine we would have a 5% chance on conceiving on our own. Because of this diagnosis, Dr. Delaney decided the next treatment option should be an IUI. We started with 75ml subq of Follistem every day. Every few days we had an ultrasound to check the size of the follicles and I had a lab draw to check my hormone levels. Once the follicles were at the optimal size around 2.0, I received the "trigger" injection, HCG, in the upper botocks. Roughly 24-48 hours later I had the IUI procedure. I started on progesterone suppositories 3 days after the IUI. A few days after our first IUI I had dark red spotting which is not normal. Dr. Delaney said that was due to a lack of progesterone. That IUI round failed. Dr. Delaney was pleased with the number of follicles I produced with that dosage so we performed another IUI with the exact procedure as above. But this time instead of using suppository progesterone, I use the progesterone in oil injection in my upper botock, due to spotting from previous IUI. This is a higher dose and more direct way for the body to get progesterone. That also resulted in a failed IUI. I was still producing quality follicles so we tried a 3rd IUI, which resulted in another failed IUI, same treatment as 2nd IUI. After this, Dr. Delaney recommended we try IVF. She stated the chances of a positive pregnancy are higher with IVF then IUI and with 3 failed IUI's this would be our best next step for treatment.
The nursing staff were the best i've seen. They were caring and considerate of the circumstances that we were there for. They were thorough and explained all the treatment and procedures to use as much as needed. When I call with a question I always get an answer within 1-2 hours later. I never feel like I am bugging them or that I am asking non important questions.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The first thing I noticed about the clinic is how discreet and confidential it is. Infertility can be an awkward and nerve racking experience, but once you step through those doors they make you feel so welcome and helpful. I experienced timeliness too. They were very respectful of my time and our experience. They had several TV's and magazines available to use while you waited.
An ultrasound was $225 and an ultrasound and lab work was $317. Specimen test was $550. The IUI was $800. Medicine from the Pharmacy was around $700 a cycle.
Omaha

We were very pleased with Dr. Delaney, I the initial testing it was discovered that I had a polyp and she worked quickly to schedule and complete the removal so that it would not prolong our IVF process. ... With only having one ovary she was very realistic with is on the number of embryos that we wouldn't likely achieve. ... With PGS we were told that with our circumstances she would do eSET and without PGS she was open to multiple embryo transfer but it was ultimately up to us.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
We were very pleased with Dr. Delaney, I the initial testing it was discovered that I had a polyp and she worked quickly to schedule and complete the removal so that it would not prolong our IVF process. As we went through treatment she took the time to answer all our questions and personally called us when we had the first round of embryos PGS tested and didn't have any that were able to be used. On the second round she took the time to work with us on our concerns about PGS and supported our decision to not have it done. She diligently worked to track and make sure that we would have successful outcomes with the medicines because I only have one ovary.
Be very open and share anything that you can even if you think it might not matter or have impact, because she will address your concerns and research them if needed.
She took the time to explain everything in detail and called personally to deliver results and discuss outcomes.
On our first cycle I wasn't responding the way she had thougt so my medicine was increased after our first visit, this did result increase the outcome. However we did not end up with any viable embryos for implantation due to the outcome of PGS testing. On the second round she chose to begin on a slightly higher dose from the start which produced one more embryo from the first round. With only having one ovary she was very realistic with is on the number of embryos that we wouldn't likely achieve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women.
She was very thoughrough in providing us results or seeking the answers to our questions. We had a lot of questions surrounding the outcome of our PGS testing and she went above and beyond to answer or get answers to them.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic is very professional and the staff works to make sure that you are checked in and seen quickly. Know that there are clinic hours for blood work and ultrasounds but they are also very helpful in working it out with your regular OB office to have some of the things done there if you don't live close by.
There was a window for these appointments every morning for several hours and you could go at your convenience. If the clinic wasn't close to your home you could have them at your regular OB and they would assist in getting those setup.
Describe Abigail Delaney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Methodist For Women.
We discussed this at great lengths. With PGS we were told that with our circumstances she would do eSET and without PGS she was open to multiple embryo transfer but it was ultimately up to us.
Omaha

she actually read my chart for what was in there and cared more about me as a person than my condition. She was very warm and inviting as well which put me at ease!...Dr Delaney wants to go in with 100% certainty of what is going on with my body. Dr Delaney didn't just jump to a treatment without knowing everything....Dr Delaney showed me more compassion and explained things to me in the brief time we were together than I had ever received at my OBGYN
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
I have only been to a consultation, but Dr Delaney showed me more compassion and explained things to me in the brief time we were together than I had ever received at my OBGYN who initially started my fertility treatments. She drew diagrams and explained things so that I could understand them. She was warm and caring, showed and incredible amount of compassion. She knew what she was talking about.
Be prepared with questions, but know that when you talk with there, she explains things so fully that you probably won't need to ask any!
The first thing Dr. Delaney said to me was "I wish we were meeting under different circumstances. You sure have been through a lot." Which shows me that she actually read my chart for what was in there and cared more about me as a person than my condition. She was very warm and inviting as well which put me at ease!
I am still at the beginning of treatment, but after Dr Delaney thoroughly went through my chart, she wants to repeat some tests so she has a better and clearer understanding of what exactly is going on with my body. She wants to see the full picture in person instead of just read it and guess. Dr Delaney wants to go in with 100% certainty of what is going on with my body. Dr Delaney didn't just jump to a treatment without knowing everything.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic was clean and welcoming, didn't feel cold or harsh. The receptionists were really welcoming and sincere, made me feel at ease and were very kind. I was able to get an initial appointment within a month of calling, which I didn't think was possible. They have all sorts of hours and are very willing to answer questions and make sure you have all the information you need! They even send home an information folder with a bunch of information about their clincic, their hours and everything else you may want to know! Even a current price list!
My insurance does not cover any fertility treatments, however they said they would bill insurance for the initial consultation as well as all repeat tests up until the first treatment cycle test. They did give a price sheet of all the treatments and what they would be, so I have no question about it going in.
Omaha

She [Dr. Abigail Delaney] is kind and cheers you in through the process. She really wants the best results for all involved. I do wish I would have been pushed a little harder on medications for IVF based on the results from the IUIs and then after our IVF failed, we had a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her as she didn’t have the answers. Overall, wonderful doctor.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is kind and cheers you in through the process. She really wants the best results for all involved. I do wish I would have been pushed a little harder on medications for IVF based on the results from the IUIs and then after our IVF failed, we had a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her as she didn’t have the answers. Overall, wonderful doctor.
Although she is very smart, listen to your body and speak up if you feel a different way.
-IUI #1: 75 IUs of Follistim and pregnyl trigger shot - 2 mature follicles estrogen 376 progesterone suppositories and negativity be pregnancy test. -IUI #2: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot - 4 mature follicles estrogen 1446 progesterone suppositories and negative pregnancy test. -1 month of birth control for residual cysts -IUI # 3: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot. 3 mature follicles and estrogen 527 PIO injections. Negative pregnancy test. -IVF #1: 300 IUs of Follistim for 5 days 375 IUs for 2 days with cetrotide the last of that day and 450 IUs for 2 days and cetrotide for both day. Pregnyl trigger shot. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to blastocysts, 3 euploid. (6AA, 6AA, 5AA) -Valium the day of the transfer. Transferred the 6s but they didn’t thaw properly. PIO injections, negative pregnancy test.
Wonderful.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
With all doctors, listen to them but also advocate for yourself. It is your care. Also, speak up if you don’t understand something. Know if your doctor is out, you will see one of the others. You speak with nurses rather than your doctor.
Monitoring was fine. They always went in order. Some days would take a long time but you cannot help if there are a lot of people that day that needed the same care.
IUI with meds about $3700 IVF with meds and PGS about $21000
Omaha

When my FET was canceled she [Dr. Abigail Delaney] personally called me and talked to me about it and what our next steps would be. She also did every ultrasound before retrieval. She’s so kind and compassionate...She is very kind and makes me feel like I’m her only patient. She truly wants what is best for me and my treatment... I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and Dr Delaney is doing everything to make sure my body is ready for transfer
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is a great doctor!! When my FET was canceled she personally called me and talked to me about it and what our next steps would be. She also did every ultrasound before retrieval. She’s so kind and compassionate
Trust her, she has your best interest in mind
She is very kind and makes me feel like I’m her only patient. She truly wants what is best for me and my treatment. We had to cancel a FET because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and Dr Delaney is doing everything to make sure my body is ready for transfer
They are all so friendly! They would call me immediately with results and were happy to answer my questions
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They are all so friendly and compassionate. The whole clinic really wants to help you become pregnant. They spoil you on retrieval day and make you feel as comfortable as they can. With every ultrasound and blood work I never wondered about my results, the nurse would call me as soon as she had the results. It was also really nice that the doctor would do every ultrasound
There was a time frame of 3 hours in the morning that I could come for monitoring. Everything ran smoothly and I didn’t feel rushed