6.7

city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2016
Sometimes I felt I was just another couple and didn't feel like he [Dr. Munabi] was super personal to our case....It's very hard to understand him. My husband and I just wanted cut and dry what we need to do. During our 1st appointment after all the tests he said we should be able to do timed intercourse with pills. But the 3rd visit he said we should just go straight to IVF. I was very confused and we were told we could also do IUI.
Weakness not reading the medical charts well enough to catch things that they should know right away but the patient had to catch it...Strengths the nursing staff [at Shady Grove] rocks and makes you feel very comfortable...They didn't catch that my follicle was growing in the right ovary which my right tube is blocked and would automatically cancel that IUI that cycle and kept me going with the injections until i mentioned something.
How was your experience with Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
It's very hard to understand him. My husband and I just wanted cut and dry what we need to do. During our 1st appointment after all the tests he said we should be able to do timed intercourse with pills. But the 3rd visit he said we should just go straight to IVF. I was very confused and we were told we could also do IUI. He messed up my 1st cycle when he knew my right tube was blocked but that was the only side with a follicle and was still instructing me to stimulate until I said something about it. I'm just a little discouraged by it and when our 1st IUI failed I couldn't bear to try again. Plus I hated having to travel an hour to another facility to get the procedure done.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Make sure to get a second opinion. He isn't clear with your diagnosis and what your next step for treatment is. He is very hard to understand with his thick accent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Sometimes I felt I was just another couple and didn't feel like he was super personal to our case.
Describe the protocols Abraham Munabi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My 1st treatment was stimulating with ovudril & follistim to prepare me for IUI. Several appointments for a vaginal ultrasound to see if we had good follicles and they were growing. My 1st treatment occurred on the right ovary which my tube is blocked. I had to mention to the dr & nurse about this bc of it voiding the IUI & they didn't catch it. The 2nd treatment went well but my IUI didn't work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Morgan sheets)
These ladies were excellent. Made it easier to understand what was going on since we could barely understand Dr. Munabi
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Weakness not reading the medical charts well enough to catch things that they should know right away but the patient had to catch it. Not being able to understand Dr. Munabi. Strengths the nursing staff rocks and makes you feel very comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
IUI is $1600. I also had to get the follistim & ovudril from my pharmacy which costs around $70 total. I also received a bill for $135 after I stopped going and put things on hold and I'm not sure why. I thought my insurance covered all my appointments. I also had to pay $300 each for mine and my husbands genetic testing.
Describe Abraham Munabi (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
We didn't have to cover that during treatment. But he did mention if we had more than one embryo we could choose to eliminate the multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia