Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates

Nurse available by emailAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Virginia
ResidencyU. of Rochester
FellowshipHarvard
4510 Main Street
Snyder, NY 14226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Adam Griffin to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Griffin performed the transfer during the IVF and fully explained everything before he began. Walked us through everything during and after the procedure and gave us the warmest goodbye and said to keep positive thoughts...Bring a spouse/partner with you to appointments! He gives a lot of information, the more ears to listen the better!...were greeted warmly and he gave his sincerest condolences that our IVF wasn’t successful. He answered every question we could think of and assured us that we will conceive again, it’s not if, but when.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
We did each failed IUI (4) with a different doctor and started the IVF process with that doctor as well. Dr. Griffin performed the transfer during the IVF and fully explained everything before he began. Walked us through everything during and after the procedure and gave us the warmest goodbye and said to keep positive thoughts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
After our failed IVF cycle, started with a doctor who was leaving the practice (also had 4 failed iui’s with same doctor), we decided to put our trust in Dr. Griffin. As soon as we came into his office we were greeted warmly and he gave his sincerest condolences that our IVF wasn’t successful. He answered every question we could think of and assured us that we will conceive again, it’s not if, but when.
Absolutely loved the nursing staff. We began in 2015 with another doctor and when we returned to try for a second baby many of the nurses remembered my husband and I and couldn’t wait to see our son. All the nurses felt for us each time we knew the procedures failed and told us to remain strong and positive. They’re amazing!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
The clinic is extremely busy. But everyone working there absolutely takes the time to make you feel like the only patient there. Very short wait time, whether it’s for the nurses, doctors, etc. The front office staff is always ready to greet you with a warm smile or joke, anything that’s helpful to bring a smile to your face! Diane in the quest office is absolutely amazing. So kind, understanding and funny!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adam Griffin at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Under our insurance we had 3 IUI cycles covered. We paid out of pocket for the 4th, only cost us $100 for a certain medication. As for the IVF we spent a total of $7500 for the procedure, testing, scans, and medication.
Describe Adam Griffin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
At our clinic they will only transfer 2 embryos at a time. No more.
Snyder
Dr. Griffin oversaw an injectable IUI cycle for me, as I was experiencing lining on the thinner side with clomid and femara. Unfortunately the cycle did not result in a pregnancy but he was very open to listening to my questions and providing me with feedback on whether he thought they were good options or not...Dr. Griffin has been wonderful every time I've seen him - always compassionate and caring, taking the time to talk with me and answer my (many!) questions. He is very warm and has a great bedside manner.
I've had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Griffin, I'm always happy to have him overseeing a cycle or appointment for me as I know he will listen, be compassionate and take the time to discuss any options. I'm always asking a lot of questions about different courses of treatment I've read about, and he's honest in his feedback on them and willing to let me try anything that won't hurt. He has a great bedside manner making you feel at ease during what's an incredibly stressful and difficult time.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and be armed with your own information - he will take the time to listen and provide his feedback in a thoughtful way.
Describe the protocols Adam Griffin used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
Jen is FANTASTIC. She's very responsive to emails and phone calls, and shows a lot of compassion and sympathy. She also put together/hosts a monthly group support session which is so helpful to anyone going through infertility treatments.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
As a whole, they are all extremely nice, caring and compassionate. I do not feel like I'm just a number to them, and each doctor has patiently listened to my (many) questions and provided their honest feedback. They've been open to my requests to try different things as long as they won't hurt anything. I think they could do a better job providing more resources to their patients (i.e. I'd like to see them have an in-house acupuncturist, masseuse, and counselor/therapist). A nurse or two hasn't been as compassionate as I'd think for someone working at an infertility clinic, but generally they've been good.
Overall the cost is pretty reasonable compared to many other clinics across the country. I would have liked to see them be more helpful in finding the lowest cost alternative for medications sourced locally (I did that myself and provided my feedback to them but not sure this is being shared with anyone else).
Dr. Griffin was open to transfering 2 embryos after I had 2 eSET failures, and I am proceeding with my next FET transfering 2 as well and he is in support of this approach.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Griffin always made time for me, and always listened. My first miscarriage happened during Christmas time and he made sure to call me personally to check on me to make sure I was ok. He never hesitated to research new ideas and try new treatments.... Dr. Griffin is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. He has never given up hope that one day I will be a Mom. He always listens and is willing to try something new.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Be patient, and don’t get discouraged when it doesn’t work.
We started with femara with ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. I was able to have 3 pregnancies with this protocol but all were chemical pregnancies. We then moved to follistim and ovidrel trigger with IUI, all of those cycles were unsuccessful. We did 2 rounds of IVF where my eggs were retrieved and immediately frozen to wait for my next cycle to fertilize. One cycle was negative and the other was a chemical pregnancy. Then we did IVF with fresh transfer, that cycle was negative. I took about a year and a half break and then we went back and tried femara again, and elected to do laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis. During the prep for that surgery I discovered I was pregnant with an ectopic pregnancy where I lost my left tube. During the surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy Dr. Griffin found some endometriosis and performed ovarian drilling for my pcos. That surgery was in October 2017 and I have been on a break since trying to decide what the next step for me is.
Most of the nursing staff is very nice. I did have an issue with one nurse but Dr. Griffin personally addressed it when I brought it to his attention.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They are working on updating their clinic and coming up to the times with technology. A strength would be the ease of being able to speak with someone, they always have an on call doctor and return calls quickly.
My health insurance always covered my times intercourse and IUI cycles. The two frozen egg cycles I did were part of a study so I only had to pay for medications and the fresh IVF was somewhere around $4,000
Dr. Griffin made his suggestions based on my personal history and listened when I wanted to transfer multiple embryos.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
When we first called to make our appointment, I knew we wanted to make our appointment with Dr. Griffin because he came highly referred to us. We were very comfortable after meeting him. He listened to our million questions, answered them all very thoroughly and explained step by step what the next steps would be. My husband and I went through tons of testing and eventually surgery because he couldn't figure out what the cause of our infertility could be. He covered all bases and really gave us options as to what we were comfortable with. We always left his office with a little bit of hope. In fact, were still going through treatment but have remained hopeful along the way. He has a way of being so kind without sugar coating things. I highly recommend him.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
To stay open minded. I think that's the main component when going through infertility.
We went in very concerned as to why it is taking so long because we had our daughter so easily. We are getting older and couldn't figure out what could be wrong. He has done everything, including surgery to find an answer. He always listens to our concerns and is very empathetic to our situation.
We started by getting lots of blood work, semen analysis, and HSG. I did three cycles of femara; two of which were timed intercourse. I produced beautiful follicles but did not get pregnant so we mutually decided to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. He found a few polyps and mild endo. From there we decided to do an iui cycle. Again, I did. It get pregnant. We decided maybe Ivf would offer the best chance of us getting pregnant.
The nursing staff always has a smile on their faces. They are very informative and understanding regarding what I'm going through. In fact, a few of them have went through infertility treatments themselves so it's nice to hear their stories.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to get appointments as quick as you would like. Anytime I call in, they are very pleasant. They really do work with you financially and seem to understand this journey can be rough. I have been able to make payments which really helps with the financial stress of it all.
I can say very affordable! My medications, blood work, and ultrasounds were covered by insurance but the iui was only $450 a cycle. The Ivf cycle is $4000 for one fresh transfer and $6000 for two. Also, they offer a plan where you can put some down and make payments for a year.
Snyder
Dr. Griffin is an exceptional doctor and human being- he does not sugar coat or make unfulfillable promises....He gueninely cares and that is very obvious when you meet with him....I was through three ivf cycles with this clinic. Two were fully with Dr. Griffin.... All three protocols for the three cycles were different each time. I feel like with each failure, he gained knowledge and tweaked things for the next cycle. Everything was very clearly explained to me and my husband before starting the cycles.
Dr. Griffin is an incredibly caring professional. He wants so badly for his patients to achieve pregnancy. He takes his time and answers all of your questions. He has a great deal of experience compared to others. He puts a lot of thought and time into your protocol too. A truly wonderful Doctor!
No advice needed, he is wonderful.
Dr. Griffin is an exceptional doctor and human being- he does not sugar coat or make unfulfillable promises. I had met with him at least half a dozen times and he has never ever rushed me or my husband or the dozens of questions we have every time. He gueninely cares and that is very obvious when you meet with him.
This is hard to list as I've been through so much in the past several years. I was through three ivf cycles with this clinic. Two were fully with Dr. Griffin and the third with the new doctor in the practice. All three protocols for the three cycles were different each time. I feel like with each failure, he gained knowledge and tweaked things for the next cycle. Everything was very clearly explained to me and my husband before starting the cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jen )
Jen is wonderful- great with answering questions!
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I know that some complain of the wait- but it's only because these doctors care and take the time they need with each patient to ensure that all patients understand their care and protocol. The only negative is there are a few staff and/or nurses that can be very short with you or share their personal opinions when not really asked for. Dr. Griffin is so wonderful though so I just never let that bother me.
Unfortunately, New York state has a general clause on infertility and once you move onto ivf, you have little to no coverage at all. Their cycles are very fairly priced.
IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Griffin] was very friendly and did a good job explaining our situation. He also had a lot of compassion toward us with our struggle. He seemed to really care about our situation and wanted it to work out. He checked in on us when we had poor results. He even checked to make sure we weren't having to overpay for our medications! We could not have been happier with him...All the doctors and staff were friendly and seemed to really care about our treatment and want good results.
IVF, Donor Eggs
He was very friendly and did a good job explaining our situation. He also had a lot of compassion toward us with our struggle. He seemed to really care about our situation and wanted it to work out. He checked in on us when we had poor results. He even checked to make sure we weren't having to overpay for our medications! We could not have been happier with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
All the doctors and staff were friendly and seemed to really care about our treatment and want good results. .
We only did 1 cycle of Clomid while we awaited our blood test results. I was not able to ovulate. When we received our results, it was discovered that I have premature ovarian insufficiency. It was very unlikely that we would be able to retrieve more than 1egg, so we moved forward with IVF using donor eggs. The first set of donor eggs didn't fertilize. The 2nd set gave us 2 fertilized eggs. We did the IVF transfer, but neither of them implanted.
Everyone was very friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
The clinic was remodeled while we were obtaining treatment. They handled it all very well. The only down side of the new setup, is that it seems hard for the staff to keep information as private/protected since their staff area is more open. The whole waiting room can hear conversations being had with staff at the front desk. Other than that, everything was great!
My insurance covered most of the cost. We had minimal prescription copays. We did have to cover full cost of donor eggs.
We were given the option of either. Dr. Griffin felt multiple transfers would increase our odds of conceiving & we agreed.
IVF, Donor Eggs
I fully trust my care with Dr. Griffin- he is kind, compassionate and thoughtful in his care. When I see Dr. Griffin, he makes me feel very comfortable and assures I understand the process and next steps....Dr. Griffin is incredibly kind and thoughtful in the treatment of his patients. He made me feel as if I am his only patient, providing explanation to the process and understanding to my needs as a patient.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Try to be patience, it is a difficult and emotional process.
At the beginning of our process I spoke to one nurse exclusively for months; however when I received the news of my negative pregnancy it was not from the nurse I had fostered a relationship with; instead it was a nurse I had never spoken to- which was very difficult. I was taken aback that I never heard from the nurse who I consistently spoke to. At time, It is very difficult to not speak to one nurse consistently and having to retell the situation multiple times.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I fully trust my care with Dr. Griffin, he treats his patients with compassion and respect. With Dr. Griffin I feel my goal to have a child will be achieved. As far as weaknesses, there have been situations where some of my care has been missed or confused by the nursing team. I feel as though the clinic's high volume of patients leads to an inability for individualized care and often important items are unintentionally overlooked.
My cost of care has been significant as it is not covered under insurance. Currently our cost has been $23,000.
My transfer was with Dr. Sullivan and when we came into the office, it was first time hearing the suggestion for transferring one vs. two. I was surprised by the discussion and our need to make such a large decision in just a few minutes. I do wish there was more time to discuss and decide.
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Griffin was very consoling when o had my numerous pregnancy losses. I did feel that he genuinely cared about my feelings. He was open to all of my ideas and options on New procedures to try...I do feel that he was somewhat pushy in trying new treatments after our losses when we were considering new clinics. He was compassionate but was not able to get me pregnant...Dr Griffin urged us to transfer 1 embryo but was open to more.
Male Factor, Other
I felt that Dr. Griffin cared about me As a patient. I do feel that he was somewhat pushy in trying new treatments after our losses when we were considering new clinics. He was compassionate but was not able to get me pregnant.
Ask as many questions as you have. He will entertain all of them.
I stimulated the ovaries with follistim. I also used Lupron to suppress ovulation and finally a trigger shot.
I liked most. Some were not compassionate. I didn’t like how I had multiple nurses depending on the week.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
No consistency. Patients see multiple nurses and doctors. I do feel like everyone has the patients best outcome on mind. When I had a loss and was forced to take a shot to abort the baby, the nurses were not very compassionate.
5,000 for ivf cycle (not including medications) 2700 for FET (Not including medications)
Dr Griffin urged us to transfer 1 embryo but was open to more.
Snyder
[Dr. Adam Griffin is] open to new ideas...He listened to me and made changes to my protocol to make it unique to my circumstances. He seems genuinely invested in my success...is so compassionate. He is the perfect balance of science and bedside manner. My husband also loves him. He explains everything every step of the way and never rushes us. He considers all of our wants and concerns. I could not ask for a better dr
He is so compassionate. He is the perfect balance of science and bedside manner. My husband also loves him. He explains everything every step of the way and never rushes us. He considers all of our wants and concerns. I could not ask for a better dr
Advocate for yourself. He’s open to new ideas, do be afraid to speak your mind
Dr Griffin is amazing. He listened to me and made changes to my protocol to make it unique to my circumstances. He seems genuinely invested in my success
We used a gentle stim protocol for fet after 2 failed transfers with the standard lupron protocol. We got pregnant though it ended in chemical
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
You must advocate for yourself. Some drs like the fried and true methods but those don’t work for everyone. Ask questions and voice your opinion. The office is well organized and runs well. There is a lab to do bloodwork in it so it is very convenient.
$8500 for 2 rounds of ivf. $2000 for pgs biopsy. Meds, ultrasounds and bloodwork covered by insurance
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Griffin is the ideal doctor, knowledgeable, caring, experienced, and has an amazing gift for what he does. I’ve seen a lot of doctor as that practice and he was the first one to make me feel like we would become parents.... He switched my protocol off of Lipton Bc it was suppressing me too much and added ganirelix. After one failed cycle and 2 cancelled cycles, the change did the trick
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Just make a consult, guaranteed he will make you feel at ease and if you have had no luck with other doctors he will try something g different
He treats you like your his only patient, very kind and listens. He genuinely cares for your outcome
There are great nurses and no so great nurses.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They recently remodeled so I’m glad Bc it needed to be. They do seem very busy but i have t had any negative expierences from it. I live the ease of getting blood work right at the office. I like that there is multiple doctors to work with
I think it depends on your situation, we have MFI so multiple embryo transfer worked for us
Snyder
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
He [Dr. Adam Griffin] was very great with doing my eyes retrieval so I could freeze embryos before I started chemo treatments. He was very optimistic and walked me through every step of the way. Called me very time there was an update with the developing embryos...taken a lot of time with me and made my whole experience feel as though I was a family member to them and was the most important patient they had.
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
He was very great with doing my eyes retrieval so I could freeze embryos before I started chemo treatments. He was very optimistic and walked me through every step of the way. Called me very time there was an update with the developing embryos.
Be very upfront with everything your feeling and what you expect to happen
All of the doctors at this office have taken a lot of time with me and made my whole experience feel as though I was a family member to them and was the most important patient they had.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
They are a very compassionate and willing to listen to my concerns and needs. They offered the best solutions to my specific situation for my needs at that time and currently as I have went through a second miscarriage.
It cost us around $4000 to do the egg retrieval to freeze our embryos. We did not have to pay for the cost of the medication because that was granted through livestrong program for chemo patients.
Snyder
I thought he [Dr. Adam Griffin] was very nice and explained everything in a way I could understand and answered all my questions without making me feel like any of them where stupid questions...The nurses do the IUIs and sonograms, the doctors do the procedures, surgery, imaging, ect. Sometimes you see the other doctors in the practice for the procedures, they were all very nice. No one was judgmental about me being single, it was briefly discussed (just in that I would be using donor sperm) at the first consultation and that was it.
I thought he was very nice and explained everything in a way I could understand and answered all my questions without making me feel like any of them where stupid questions.
IUIs where covered by insurance
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Terrible results but a very kind and compassionate doctor. If you want to feel good, choose Dr. Griffin. If you want to get pregnant, choose someone else....[Monitoring appointments at Buffalo INfertility and IVF Associates were] terrible, made worse by the awful radio you are forced to listen to on the waiting room. I think I have PTSD from this waiting room.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
There's a new clinic in Buffalo!
Exceptionally gifted bedside manner.
Boo!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Terrible, made worse by the awful radio you are forced to listen to on the waiting room. I think I have PTSD from this waiting room.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr Adam Griffin is] very caring and compassionate...He is very positive, so if you want someone that will be direct he is not for you. He is very devoted to his patients...Clinic [Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates] is so busy that twice I had to call them to get my embrology report
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Very busy and often you need to follow up with them
I am fortunate to have insurance coverage