Sher Fertility of Illinois

ResidencySt. Joseph's
Peoria
5401 N. Knoxville Ave
Peoria, IL 61614
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Adelina Emmi to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Illinois to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8
[Dr. Adelina Emmi is] Very knowledgable and experienced. She's very efficient in her visits. I was never kept waiting long even with unexpected visits. I always liked her in person. On the other hand, I always felt like I had to really dig for any information. I was treated as if I already knew everything. I did a lot of research at home after leaving appointments.... With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adelina Emmi at REACH?
If you're familiar with fertility concepts or have someone in your life who is, you'd probably have a great experience. If not, do some research ahead of time and bring questions with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adelina Emmi at REACH?
She was always very sensitive to any questions or concerns that I might have.
Describe the protocols Adelina Emmi used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and had already tried 3 cycles of Clomid with my OBGYN without positive results. With Dr. Emmi, I first tried Letrizole alone for one cycle. Results were negative. For my 2nd cycle, I tried Letrizole with Gonal F injections & Ovidrel followed up with an IUI and For my 3rd cycle, I tried Gonal F (at an increased dosage) and was supposed to follow up with Ovidrel and an IUI, but couldn't finish the treatment cycle for 2 reasons - 1) a mistake with the nursing staff & 2) I developed a potential Fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Rose)
The office coordinator and lab nurse were great and always very helpful. My care nurse who coordinated things for the Dr. was challenging to work with. She forgot to give me a prescription at two different points in my treatment. One of which resulted in me not being able to finish a cycle.
Describe your experience with REACH.
I personally had to dig for any information I needed, but I don't know if that was my care team or the clinic overall. It took a long time for my patient portal account to get set up and that seemed to hinder communication. At times it was challenging to get someone on the phone. Ask for a direct line to your specific care team and learn who does what/who to contact for what in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adelina Emmi at REACH.
Out of pocket I paid a few hundred dollars once we got to the point of using injectable medicines(for medicine and the consolation fee). I also paid a $200 consultation fee per cycle for Ovulation Induction or IUI treatments. Most nurses remarked that I had good insurance - meaning they covered almost if not all of most tests, procedures and prescriptions. However, I only had a $5000 lifetime max for fertility procedures which only covered up to 2 Ovulation Induction or IUI cycles - which is why the nurse making a mistake was so disappointing in my last cycle.
Describe Adelina Emmi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
What specific things went wrong at REACH?
REACH
Cornelius

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adelina Emmi at REACH.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Because of my endometriosis we never got any further than medications/injections. They would cause a flare up and we would have to stop the cycle. She [Dr. Adelina Emmi] was very strict about not pushing my body any further than she thought was safe. We appreciated this greatly!... Dr. Emmi was always thorough and to the point. She answered any questions we had and never made us feel uncomfortable asking. I really struggled with having to stop seeing her so that I could seek endometriosis treatment to through a different specialist. The only down side to seeing Dr Emmi was the 2 hour drive to her office.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at Sher Fertility of Illinois?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adelina Emmi at Sher Fertility of Illinois?
She has allergies and your lotions and perfume WILL make them flair up! :-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adelina Emmi at Sher Fertility of Illinois?
The entire office was pleasant to us each time we were there. We never had to reintroduce ourselves.
Describe the protocols Adelina Emmi used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of Illinois and their degree of success.
Because of my endometriosis we never got any further than medications/injections. They would cause a flare up and we would have to stop the cycle. She was very strict about not pushing my body any further than she thought was safe. We appreciated this greatly!
Busy!! They seemed to be a bit understaffed for nurses. However, every nurse was compassionate and caring!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Illinois.
Great clinic! A bit pricey and as I stated before, we had to drive 2 hours to the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adelina Emmi at Sher Fertility of Illinois.
Very expensive!
Sher Fertility of Illinois
Peoria

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adelina Emmi at Sher Fertility of Illinois.

The office [Sher] isn't very welcoming but, Dr. Emma has been very honest and upfront. Not the warmest bed side manner but, was straightforward with us. Even though we have been disappointed with our results, it's nothing Dr. Emma has control over...She isn't the warmest doctor but, is more straight forward than any other doctor we have seen in the past....i felt like she wanted us to succeed and not just waste a cycle and have no results.
How was your experience with Adelina Emmi at Sher Fertility of Illinois?
The office isn't very welcoming but, Dr. Emma has been very honest and upfront. Not the warmest bed side manner but, was straightforward with us. Even though we have been disappointed with our results, it's nothing Dr. Emma has control over.
I felt like she wanted us to succeed and not just waste a cycle and have no results.