Medical SchoolEdward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
FellowshipUniversity of Louisville
1231 S. Jefferson St
Roanoke, VA 24016
540-985-8078
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Adrienne Gentry to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carilion Clinic to a friend?
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Gentry was candid in her communication every step of the process, which I deeply appreciate. Though, she still shared a great level of respect and empathy towards me, especially as I was diagnosed with a rare uterine anomaly. This helped me, and my spouse, to navigate each step of our infertility journey.... She has been completely open and straightforward about how she approaches infertility as a whole, I went through three tests, HSG, water ultrasound, and sperm analysis, then she determines what the root cause of the problem.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic?
Honestly, I cannot think of anything bad about Dr. Gentry. I fully trust her in our infertility journey and this is why. She has been completely open and straightforward about how she approaches infertility as a whole, I went through three tests, HSG, water ultrasound, and sperm analysis, then she determines what the root cause of the problem. I feel like she is on our team to finding out the problem and reaching the goal of having a baby. My husband and I have been trying for 2.5 years and finally searched for a fertility doctor in our area. Now we will be moving forward towards an IVF cycle later this year. Dr. Gentry is willing to know her limits, or rather experience, and ask for help when needed. This is admirable in my opinion! I recently underwent surgery and she had a fellow doctor help out who specialized in the type of surgery I needed for tubal blockage with a rare uterine anomaly, unicornuate uterus. Dr.Gentry is able to relate in most instances, but can still keep boundaries between her patients and isn't overbearing or conceited. Dr. Gentry encourages for questions to be asked at any time, whether in person or online, and she takes personal time to answer them. Like I said, I am extremely satisfied with my care as a patient of going to Dr. Adrienne Gentry. I have no reason to find another fertility doctor and receive a second opinion. If you are in the Roanoke area, I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Gentry!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Any question is a good question, even if it's re-learning the basic of female anatomy! :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic?
Describe the protocols Adrienne Gentry used in your cycles at Carilion Clinic and their degree of success.
I find that my story is a little different than most. I haven't been on any fertility drugs on any cycle. I don't know if this is the place to share it all of why that is the case, so I will give a brief overview. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years with no luck. With this fertility doctor, I met with her and went through two tests, Hysterosalpingography (HSG) and Sonohysterography (Water Ultrasound) and my husband went through a Sperm Analysis. These three tests results should identify if there is a problem and what the cause of it is. Sperm results came back and they were great. In the middle of the Water Ultrasound, Dr. Gentry shared a concern with me. Though, wanted to get the HSG before confirming anything. I had the HSG and boy was it PAINFUL. I opted not to take a pain reliever beforehand, but took one afterwards. Again, Dr. Gentry shared her thoughts of what I might have, a unicornuate uterus, but wanted to do an MRI before confirming the diagnosis. I had the MRI and received the results back in a timely manner. The diagnosis was confirmed and was told I had a blocked tube as well. I was given three options and the risks of all of them. I decided to go through with a tubal removal procedure and IVF. I just had surgery and have recovered mostly. I will do an IVF cycle with Dr. Gentry in a few months.
The nurses were wonderful! They followed protocol and policies of the clinic, even though it was annoying to get asked whether or not I was taking the same medications each visit. The nurses were compassionate and caring. They also explained what would happen on each visit and made sure I felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with Carilion Clinic.
The clinic looks a little older in the picture on Google, but the inside looks up to date and nicer looking. The parking lot is a little small, but the location makes up for it. It isn't too busy to get in and out of there. The clinic's waiting room has an array of magazines, TV, and coffee/hot cocoa maker for the patients'. Each visit I have waited about 5- 10 minutes before being seen. ONE visit I had to wait about 20 minutes, but was notified before my appointment that the doctor was running late with a prior patient (due to the patient's surgery running late). The front desk/receptionist is very kind and has good communication skills! One of the great things about this clinic is they have you set up an online account in their system that lets you know of the upcoming appointments, any test results, billing information, and online communication between you and the doctor, nurse, or receptionist. That is my favorite part of the clinic. I just don't have to wonder about those things or wait for them to go through the mailing system. I love the swift response of the online message center as well! Overall, it is a great clinic to go to!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic.
My insurance covered the basic infertility diagnosis and tests of underlying medical treatment. (Them 80% and me 20%). I am grateful for that. I don't remember the details of the costs with that. Moving forward with IVF in the state of Virginia will be a headache. It is currently not covered through insurance, to my knowledge. It would be nice if there was something, anything, covered for the IVF process.
Describe Adrienne Gentry's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carilion Clinic.
With my current diagnosis of having a unicornuate uterus, I will be considered high risk pregnancy as is and so my doctor's approach will be doing a single embryo transfer. I will not be able to have a multiple embryo transfer due to my uterus not being full sized.
Roanoke

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Gentry has always been warm with me when talking to her. She explained everything in a way that myself and my significant other could understand... Responds quick to messages when sent through MyChart or telephone messages. She stays on top of treatment. She keeps me in the know when test results come back or when we need to take a different course of action and she explains everything for us where we can understand. And I fully feel like I know what is going on when I leave the visit!
Native American, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic?
Dr. Gentry is friendly. Responds quick to messages when sent through MyChart or telephone messages. She stays on top of treatment. She keeps me in the know when test results come back or when we need to take a different course of action and she explains everything for us where we can understand. And I fully feel like I know what is going on when I leave the visit!
Don't delay. Go see Dr. Gentry today. She is jumps right in and helps you make a plan for next steos in treatment
Dr. Gentry has always been warm with me when talking to her. She explained everything in a way that myself and my significant other could understand. I really appreciate Dr. Gentry.
I have not started timed intercourse I will be starting at the beginning of May. This will be my first round of treatment overall. Newly diagnosed.
The nurses are excellent. So nice and caring. Most of them have lived the infertility life and that's what brought them to the clinic.
Describe your experience with Carilion Clinic.
I think the clinic was great overall. Very welcoming and friendly. Very easy to find. Front desk was very friendly upon coming to the office. I feel welcome at the office when I am seen. Easy to make an appointment with the front desk. Copay is due at the time of visit. The copay can not be billed.
I have a copay. That has to be paid at the time of visit. I can not bill it. First visit is around $500. Ultrasounds vary. Meds vary. HSG unsure of cost. MRI was right at $5,000. I do have insurance through my job so that has helped

IUI, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Adrienne Gentry] was willing to work us into her schedule on short notice, which was helpful. She was thorough in the explanation of her recommendations. After we left the office we had some follow up questions and she was quick to respond even though it was a Friday afternoon...My partner and I were seen for a fertility consult. We expected to be cleared, as there were no known fertility issues other than us being a same-sex couple who would need assistance with creating a family. After some tests and chart review we found out that we could potentially be facing some fertility issues after all. Adrienne recommended an HSG, an ultrasound and some blood work before she would move forward with IUI.
IUI, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Adrienne Gentry at Carilion Clinic?
Adrienne was willing to work us into her schedule on short notice, which was helpful. She was thorough in the explanation of her recommendations. After we left the office we had some follow up questions and she was quick to respond even though it was a Friday afternoon.
Go for it! Don’t be afraid to ask her questions.
Adrienne was patient and kind with the many questions that my partner and I had. We were hit with some unexpected news during our visit and she was compassionate and understanding.
Nursing staff went out of their way to help us, even at the end of the day on a Friday.
Describe your experience with Carilion Clinic.
Patient flow was good. We hardly had to wait once we arrived, even though we were a bit early. Staff explained what we would be doing every step of the way and were happy to answer questions that we had. They were responsive to our questions outside of the office as well, including helping to get lab work coordinated.
~400 for initial consultation including ultrasound ~700 per IUI cycle including two ultrasounds, trigger shot and IUI