Medical SchoolGeorgetown
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Adrienne Neithardt to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?
Dr. Neithardt is patient, honest, compassionate, and knowledgable. She takes the time to explain everything in a way that can be understood. She makes sure her patients are as comfortable as they can be in stressful circumstances.... She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful.
How was your experience with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Be open and honest with her, she is willing to listen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She took the time to answer all questions, no matter how small or silly. She made small talk and really acted like she was invested in our success.
Describe the protocols Adrienne Neithardt used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
We tried clomid, then letrazole (I think) initially, but my body wasn’t properly responding, so we cancelled the cycle. Because we were self-pay at the time, she explained that we could keep trying with the medications or potentially try IUI, but the likelihood of success was small and we would quickly exhaust our funds. She recommended IVF at that point, which we agreed was the best course of action. Based on my age and health, we did mini-stim IVF. After the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding appropriately, so we reset while my embryos were frozen (5 day). A couple months later we did the transfer and it was successful. I’m currently in a new cycle. I had the transfer one week ago and am waiting on the results.
Sometimes the wait was a bit long, but every person I encountered was friendly, caring, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have a lot of patients, and sometimes you have to wait a while after your scheduled appointment time. Besides that, however, I have never once felt like “just a number”. I think the wait time can be long because they are taking their time with patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
See previous comment on the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Adrienne Neithardt at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Without insurance, we paid $10,000 for potential multiple cycles until pregnancy. The cost did not include medications, but did include monitoring, ultrasounds, and the pregnancy bloodwork. My new insurance is covering my second round, and I paid an approximately $1,400 copay, not including medication, which came to about $30.00
Describe Adrienne Neithardt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
We weren’t given a choice; RAD only performs single embryo transfers. I would have liked a choice after the risks were explained, although I understand their approach.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, None
Dr. Niethardt is extremely smart and likable. It was always pleasant to see her though I didn't often see her as much as I would have liked. Her office is in Wilmington but nearly every appointment after consultation is in Newark. She was compassionate and checked in occasionally.... Medicated IUI with clomid three times IVF with 450ml Gonal daily and Cetrotide and low dose HCG IVF with 100 clomid and 300 Gonal
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, None
You must write down and ask all the questions you have. This process can be very confusing.
The cycles are set up to create ease for the clinic, not the patient. Everyone is on the same schedule and begins IVF at the same time. This can sometimes feel impersonal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright, Kristen Fields, Melissa Aiken)
The staff is overall very welcoming and warm. I felt at ease to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
You will be in a group cycle. You will meet with and talk to many different doctors, PA's and nurse practitioners. The earliest walk in appointment is 6:30am for monitoring. The clinic is organized and everyone uses the patient portal. If you call in the phone it is very hard to reach a live person so plan rouse the portal and you can usually expect a message back that day .
Monitoring was difficult because I begin work at 7am and the earliest hours were 6:30am. There would often be people lined up at 6:20am for monitoring.
IVF with 20% coinsurance cost approximately $2300. Out of pocket transfer $4200. Medications per cycle between $1000-2500
We were told they would only implant one embryo at a time.
Wilmington
[Dr. Neithardt] treated me like I was a close friend. She really connects with her patients and takes our concerns as a priority. We are returning patients and she even remembers my husband and I from two years ago.... She looks you in the eye during all of it instead of charting while talking....My husband had varicocele repair. 3 months post op we were eligible for IUI. We did two IUIs with femara.
Dr. N was extremely warm, friendly, and compassionate. She listens to your every concern. She answers all your questions. She looks you in the eye during all of it instead of charting while talking. A mid level performed the IUI portion of the process.
Get on her books as soon as you can! Come prepared with questions and she will be happy to answer them!
Dr. N treated me like I was a close friend. She really connects with her patients and takes our concerns as a priority. We are returning patients and she even remembers my husband and I from two years ago.
My husband had varicocele repair. 3 months post op we were eligible for IUI. We did two IUIs with femara. The first cycle failed. The second cycle resulted in a singleton live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Madi)
Most nursing was responsible to portal communication. I got a little discouraged when I waited all day for a phone call for a positive or negative result for the 15 day post iui pregnancy blood test.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths are positive outcomes. All staff are extremely responsive to portal messages. Billing doesn't hound you for payments as long as you're prompt. I loved the convenience of the in-house lab. Weakness: limited dover hours. No dover procedures, all must be done in Newark. No specimen transport medium for those traveling from Kent or Sussex County.
Insurance did not cover anything. We've easily spent $5,000 thus far.
PCOS, Other
[Dr. Adrienne Neithardt is] Very patient and knowledgeable. She gave advice without being overbearing. She seemed like a genuine and kind person. I was very upset throughout the process and she totally understood that. She gave me a very good idea what to expect and I knew she was always there if I needed her.... We did 4 rounds of clomid and I initially responded well. During the 4 cycle the stimulation was taking longer and my body was not reacting as well. At that point she told me she thought ivf was my best bet and she thought my chances of success would be very high. She was right!
PCOS, Other
Not to give up hope and that it’s liekli she can help you conceive!
I cannot say enough good things about her. She got to know me very well and I could tell she cared. She was very patient and great at explaining everything.
Caring, empathetic and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I think their billing practices leave a lot to be desired. I feel like I didn’t always know what to expect as far as how much money was due and when. As far as appointments and scheduling there were good.
I think the grand total of all the clomid, iui and mini ivf was between 15-17k
Wilmington
My doctor made sure that I understood every part of my process and made me feel comfortable... Dr. Neithardt was very knowledgeable with the information she gave me and always made sure I understood the process. Only downfall is when I couldn't come up with all of the money I needed for my procedure I wasn't given any other options.... If you come into a jam ask about your other options even if you have agreed on one set treatment
My coordinator was very organized and showed compassion and her own personal experience. Sometimes I could not get an answer from her and had to contact someone else
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I loved the clinic and all the staff were very friendly. The only thing I didnt like is when I couldn't come up with the rest of the money for ivf I wasn't given any orher options as to another treatment and that made me a little upset
After insurance I had to come out of. Pocket roughly $8000
I wasn't given the option to have more them one embryo transfer
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr Neithardt] is so warm and comforting but tells you like it is at the same time. She always takes her time and you never feel rushed....She was extremely informative and kind. The best doctor I could have asked for....She has amazing bed side manner and you will feel heard....Can be hard to get an apt late in the day, the latest is typically 3:30pm
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
She was extremely informative and kind. The best doctor I could have asked for.
She has amazing bed side manner and you will feel heard.
She is so warm and comforting but tells you like it is at the same time. She always takes her time and you never feel rushed.
Can be hard to get an apt late in the day, the latest is typically 3:30pm