Medical SchoolSt. Joseph's
5728 Schaefer
Dearborn, MI 48126
6711 Monroe St.
Sylvania, OH 43560
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ahmad Hammoud to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Michigan to a friend?
He got right to the point and was thorough in his explanation. I am in the health field and very research based on my decisions, Dr. Hammond took time out of his day to find and send me a study done on IUI treatments.... know that you will mostly see nurses after the initial consultation... For my IUI cycle I was given an initial ultrasound by Dr. Hammond and prescribed 50mg of clomid for 5 days. I was also prescribed ovadril as a trigger shot to be used I believe a day in a half prior to my IUI.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
Make sure you get him as your Dr at IVF Michigan. Just know that you will mostly see nurses after the initial consultation
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
He explained that he really believes I will be pregnant, he explained that it may take time and he understands that couples can be impatient during this processes.
Describe the protocols Ahmad Hammoud used in your cycles at IVF Michigan and their degree of success.
For my IUI cycle I was given an initial ultrasound by Dr. Hammond and prescribed 50mg of clomid for 5 days. I was also prescribed ovadril as a trigger shot to be used I believe a day in a half prior to my IUI. A few days after finishing my last dose of clomid I went in to have a follicle check ultrasound. This ultrasound sound was done by the nurse. There was concern about me having to many follicles, and they were unsure if Dr. Hammond would want to proceed with the IUI. After some time Dr said it was ok to go ahead with the IUI if I was ok and aware of the possibility of having multiples. The Day if the IUI my husband had to go in at 9am to give his sample, then I went in at 11am for my IUI. The nurse did the IUI procedure. I was the prescribed progesterone 10mg to take daily.
Amazing and very knowledgeable. Great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
Beautiful office. Finding which door to get into the building was a little troublesome at first. The parking lot is very busy as there are many other offices in the building. I wish they would tell me all the fees for everything upfront rather than sending me a bill.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan.
The only thing I am sure about the cost was the IUI which was $600. All the ultrasounds and office visits my insurance paid for a small amount so I’m not 100% sure how much those cost. I would just get bills in the mail for them every couple of weeks.
Dearborn
He [Dr. Hammoud] was always kind and patient with us, answering all questions. He always had an optimistic way of talking about our treatment which always gave us the hope we needed when investing this much money...Getting through to speak to my doctor ... never seemed easy....He was always patient with our questions...I felt at times results could have been reported in a more prompt manner.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
He was always kind and patient with us, answering all questions. He always had an optimistic way of talking about our treatment which always gave us the hope we needed when investing this much money.
Advocate for your self at all times, always ask questions and make sure your understanding of everything is clear. His advice stands for all fertility doctors though really. He was always patient with our questions
It was hard to get a hold of anyone or get through the office receptionist. The phones were always turned off after 4pm. I felt at times results could have been reported in a more prompt manner.
I was placed on SQ injectables, menopur and gonal f for 5 days. Then I started cetrotide until trigger. During the 3-4 wait while the PGS testing was done I was on SQ Lipton and oral estrace tablets three times a day. Then I did 10 weeks of IM progesterone shots. My one treatment was successful and resulted in a healthy baby boy
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Always efficient, at times I felt it was hurried and I had to ask a question for something to be explained. But they were always kind and encouraging
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
I think this clinic has weaknesses with the reception. Getting through to speak to my doctor or nurse never seemed easy. I have moved States since and had a lot of trouble having notes forwarded etc. everything seems to take weeks.
We paid total around $23,000+ I don’t recall a specific break down. But roughly broken down: I believe the IVF was around $9,000 Medications $5,000 Transfer $3000 PGS $5,000 Misc. (labs, anesthesia etc) $1,500
Describe Ahmad Hammoud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan.
We did a single embryo transfer which was successful
Bloomfield Hills
He [Dr. Hammoud] gave me the information I needed to know, but was still considerate of my feelings and emotions.... He was very honest with me about my chances and what the best course of action would be. He explained everything very well and I was very involved with being able to see what was happening and fully understand it.... We used menopur to stimulate, and the goal was to do several cycles to retrieve a good number of eggs before fertilizing (quality over quantity) as I have diminished ovarian reserv
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
He was very honest with me about my chances and what the best course of action would be. He explained everything very well and I was very involved with being able to see what was happening and fully understand it. We ended up having even better results than he had anticipated! The only downfall I would say is at times, his accent made it difficult to understand him.
He is very honest with you and explains things out thoroughly so that you understand 100% what is going on every step of the way.
He gave me the information I needed to know, but was still considerate of my feelings and emotions.
We used menopur to stimulate, and the goal was to do several cycles to retrieve a good number of eggs before fertilizing (quality over quantity) as I have diminished ovarian reserve. However, we were able to retrieve 5 eggs in that first cycle, so we decided to go ahead and fertilize and start the process right away.
They were always very friendly and willing to explain what they were seeing on ultrasound and what the game plan was. They were so sympathetic and gentle with me, which is so important as all of us going through infertility treatments are in such a fragile emotional state.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
The equipment was top of the line. Staff was very accommodating and compassionate. The only thing I wish was different is the location as there was no easy way to get there for me, but that is an individual need and not something that all patients would have to deal with.
I believe the entire procedure (stimulation, retrieval, transfer) was about $12,000. Medication was additional but we were lucky to have our insurance cover most of that cost, so that came to around $600. Then follow up labwork and ultrasounds were additional, and I believe those added up to around $2000
I only had 2 embryos that were viable at the time of transfer, and he allowed me to decide if I wanted to transfer one or both. It had been explained to me earlier that transferring both gave me a better chance of conceiving, so I went with that option.
2012 - 2013
I'd been rejected by another local RE Clinic because I am a single woman. I was afraid that Dr. Hammoud might judge me, too. But that was very far from the case. He was kind, soft-spoken, and supportive. Dr. Hammoud was personally involved in every step of my care from doing the ultrasounds himself, to contacting me on the weekend to let me know how my blasts we're doing. I always felt that he was giving me his best effort, and never felt that he was rushing to see another patient.
2012 - 2013
European, Other
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
Ahmad Hammoud, MD is a kind, supportive, personally-involved RE. I can never thank him enough for helping me have a child. At the same time, I firmly believe that if things hadn't worked, I would know in my heart that he did everything he could reasonaby do. Furthermore, I know he attends RE conferences, and keeps abreast of latest research and studies in his field.
He is kind & trustworthy--and not at all pushy. If he recommends that you take the next step, trust that he isn't trying to get a bigger paycheck -- he's doing what he believes is right for you.
I don't remember specifics except that he recommended supplements: Pregnitude, L-Arginine, DHEA, Coenzyme Q 10, Melatonin. My Egg Retrieval protocol used multiple meds, but I can't remember what, except Gonal F, and Saizen. I know there were more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Lee Cherie )
At the time, Dr. Hammoud was at a clinic in Utah. The nursing staff was tremendous, supportive, and all around wonderful.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
Again, at the time I was his patient, Dr. Hammoud was in a clinic in Utah. The clinic and staff at the time was great: friendly, organized, prompt, great at returning phone calls, emails, etc.
I really was hoping for twins, due to my age (41/42) and the financial burden of multiple IVF cycles. He was open about his recommendation for a Single ET (he was concerned about the risks to both babies & mom of twin pregnancy and for the stress if caring for twins as a single mom); nontheless, he was agreeable to my desire for double embryo transfer.
Bloomfield Hills
Very compassionate and caring. Thoroughly explained our course of action and went into to great detail of our specific issues and statics. Set proper expectations so there was never any let down. I particularly like that upon our first visit he [Dr. Hammoud] really dig deep about our past and our what our goals were and in what time frame.... He starts with a general checklist to find where the problem truly lies. He went into each procedure with a clear explanation of what he was going to be doing and why. Results were always explained clearly.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
Very compassionate and caring. Thoroughly explained our course of action and went into to great detail of our specific issues and statics. Set proper expectations so there was never any let down. I particularly like that upon our first visit he really dig deep about our past and our what our goals were and in what time frame.
Come into the first appointment with set questions and your own plan of action. We did and I felt as thought it helped define our road map.
Him and his nurses were very upbeat and positive. I felt very much at home and they genuinely seemed to care about reaching our goal of parenthood. Very thorough.
Very delightful and helpful. Never felt rushed or that I was bothering them. Compassionate and empathetic. Very organized and always right on time.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
From my last experience with other clinics this one is a dream. Efficient, knowledgeable and very easy to work with. They really care about your outcome and work excellent with busy schedules. Great location and easily accessible. All responses are timely.
My care was covered by my insurance. However IVF is not. We were quoted 12-15k
Dearborn
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Hamoud is great! I think he would be the right doctor for someone. Just not a women in her mid 40’s. He only wanted to push egg donation and would not consider anything else because he has never been successful with a woman over 45 and using her own eggs. I think that he should allow the patient to make a choice about their route of treatment Instead of forcing his beliefs...He seemed to be knowledgeable in his field. As I stated before he was not compassionate enough about my fertility issues and just wanted to do things his way.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
He seemed to be knowledgeable in his field. As I stated before he was not compassionate enough about my fertility issues and just wanted to do things his way. He need to listen to his patients in order to fully understand their desires and not just force his opinions or beliefs on to them
Stand firm in what you want. Don’t let him bully you into doing something other than what you originally planned to do. It’s ultimately your choice.
Dr Hamoud wanted to go straight to egg donation. He only agreed to clomid after my insistence
Some were rude and some were great!
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
Only clinic in Toledo so they kind of have a monopoly on the service here. As with any clinic you have some rude staffand some compassionate staff. I think if I had to do it all Over again. I’d choose a different clinic. Even if it meant traveling
I only had a consult and clomid. I am Not sure what that cost. However IVf with genetic testing using my own eggs was quoted at $20,000 Tunis’s donor eggs was $16,000
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Hammoud was amazing and really cared about what I had to say. He never shut me out about what was going on and what he was going to do next. He always had compassion when my first two transfers didn’t take and was over the moon excited when my third transfer did work and I got pregnant. Unfortunately I went into early labor. I love being a patient there...
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
After you do your transfer do not over do it. Take it easy until you find out if your pregnant and even after that take it easy as well.
He really cared about me and what it took to get me pregnant.
Unfortunately I do not remember the protocol that we used.
I thought the nursing staff was great and really cared about me and never had a problem when I would call and ask them questions.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
I really like the clinic and how it is set up. I think everyone there does a fantastic job. Especially when you going to have a procedure done. The clinic is a little hard to get to when it’s your first time going but other than that I love it there.
Unfortunately I do not remember my treatment costs.
Dr. Hammoud recommended we transferred two embryos that way we have a better chance of conceiving. I was okay with transferring two because I wanted twins to begin with.
Dearborn
Dr. Hammoud was very straightforward and laid out our options. We have severe male factor infertility and a genetic issue and he was very realistic about our chances using other assisted reproductive techniques, so he said the best chance he could give us was IVF and he was quite optimistic for us. Having a plan right away and being able to take action quickly was exactly what we were looking for!
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
Meet him and get started right away! We had lab work and an ultrasound right away and he was totally on board wth our wishes.
We are still in the very early stages, but I'm using gonal-F 150u daily and menopur 150u daily, then toward the end adding cetrotide 0.25 daily, with novarel trigger 10,000 units
The nursing staff is excellent! They answer all questions very promptly and are always available
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
The clinic is not super busy and it's easy to get an appointment. The staff is lovely. The only issue sometimes is finding a parking spot
With our cycle, including ICSI and PGS it was about $19k. Medications were an additional $3.5k
Based on my age, hormone levels and our PGS Dr Hammoud will be using single embryo transfer
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Hammoud was a fantastic doctor and he treated me well. He was willing to try any and all procedures that I wished to try. He gave realistic expectations for the outcome of each procedure. I was pregnant within seven months of seeing him.... I had three IUIs medicated with Menopur. The were unsuccessful. Due to undetectable AMH we moved straight to donor eggs from there. Since I had only been producing one follicle with each IUI. The IVF cycle with donor eggs worked. Two fresh embryos were transferred and I had twins.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
See him!
Dr. Hammoud was very kind and willing to try whatever treatments we wished for while giving us realistic expectations about the outcome.
Nursing staff performed well with a lot of patients. I had to catch ovulation a few times on OPKs but they got me in for labs, etc when needed.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
There was a long wait time some days but when you are with the care team, you are treated as an individual and not just a number. When you have good results, everyone is happy. When things don’t go well, the staff empathizes with you.
I believe our fresh cycle with donor eggs was $14,000. IUIs were only $500.
2 IUI, IVF
He [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] was warm, caring, helpful, honest. He celebrated with us when we got our positive beta. He cried with us when we miscarried. I really can't fault him, he was great. The price was steep and his staff not so great.... Dr. Hammoud was wonderful, warm, concerned, he was excited when we got a positive and cried when we miscarried. However, his staff, not so much. His primary nurse, Susan was absolutely awful.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
He was warm, caring, helpful, honest. He celebrated with us when we got our positive beta. He cried with us when we miscarried. I really can't fault him, he was great. The price was steep and his staff not so great.
Watch the pricing. Prices changed, lots of hidden costs they don't tell you about, paying out of pocket, it seemed like they added on things to amp up the costs.
She just had an awful bedside manner, was rude, called me a liar, she just was the worst. I would get upset when I knew I'd be seeing her instead of the Dr or the other nurse!
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
They are very expensive, they don't tell you how you can shop around for cheaper meds, they did give us a small discount since we are "low" income and self-paid. I would say half the staff was friendly and curtious.
After everything (ivf cost, meds, monitoring) we paid around $17,000 all out of pocket. We paid cash.
If you want to transfer more than one embryo, know that they make you sign a paper that you'll be open to talk about selective reduction if you concieve multiples.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
We saw the doctor [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] a week later and he nonchalantly said you should use donor eggs. I think your eggs are not good. He then handed us a book of 5 women, none that even looked like me and said it doesn't matter if the child looks like you. We left and never went back
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
The receptionist/ billing is rude. We had our egg retrieval which was 3 mature eggs. No one called or updated us during the 5 day embryo growth days. The day of transfer, we made the trek to office. They had me put on the gown similar assumed my babies were strong. They came in and said, " none of your embryos made it" It was devastating. We saw the doctor a week later and he nonchalantly said you should use donor eggs. I think your eggs are not good. He then handed us a book of 5 women, none that even looked like me and said it doesn't matter if the child looks like you. We left and never went back
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like he [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] gave me expectations that weren't realistic and then when said he would help me with more affordability he came back with numbers higher than I was told before. Was told I wasn't owed anything even though I got a low amount of eggs from the donor and none left to freeze...I felt they cared but was told they didn't owe me anything after paying over 30k giving me two embryos ending in a miscarriage
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
I feel like he gave me expectations that weren't realistic and then when said he would help me with more affordability he came back with numbers higher than I was told before. Was told I wasn't owed anything even though I got a low amount of eggs from the donor and none left to freeze.
Be aware realistically of expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Beverly )
They were all very nice to me
Over 30k
2013 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan?
He was very understanding, knew his job, was very knowledgeable and caring. He never gave me false hope. He was completely honest with me all the time. He was willing to do what ever I wanted to proceed. He got me pregnant!
Do your own research so you are knowledgeable, and ask lots of questions.
I felt like I was going to see old friends. He really cares about his patients.
They were very personable.