Not available by email
FellowshipWayne State
8901 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53227
414-329-4300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aida Shanti to a friend?

6.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aurora Fertility Services to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I came to Dr. Shanti as a transfer patient from a different RE, after already having tried conservative methods such as clomid. My IVF treatment plan was pretty well laid out when she took over my care. However we discussed it in great detail and she gave her input/opinions. My husband and I are a complicated case as we both have fertility issues, so IVF was really our only option that had good potential for success. We are just 2 weeks out from starting the hormone stimulation for our first egg retrieval so no real results to share yet.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is a very knowledgeable physician...you can tell immediately that she has a passion for reproductive medicine and that she's very good at it. I've seen several times in my visits, her rejoicing with families who bring in their "success story children" which makes the environment hopeful. She is very optimistic about results and the quality of care she hopes to provide.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Ask lots of questions...she can answer them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She's definitely a busy woman, so appointments sometimes felt rushed. There was always the mindset of "what do you want to do" though. She also asked personal questions not related to fertility which was comforting.
Describe the protocols Aida Shanti used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Haven't seen too many nurses, but there has been a variety. All have been very friendly and welcoming. Some have been more knowledgeable than others.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Wide variety of services offered at one location. Hospital setting is comforting in case something with a more invasive procedure happens to go wrong, although it does share a floor with an inpatient unit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.
We did a shared success program which costs more up front, but covers multiple cycles and transfers. There is a 70% refund if we do not deliver a baby within the specified time frame. Single cycles also available, but the "guarantee" was a nice option to have.
Describe Aida Shanti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
Not discussed with her. We are doing PGS testing on our embryos and have no history of miscarriage or other reasons to suggest we would have trouble carrying, so single transfer is their protocol in such instances which we are okay with.
Green Bay

Dr Stanti was knowledgeable of my case. She gave me a protocol based on diagnosis and changed it when it needed to be...She is a fact based doctor. At times she is blunt in her delivery of facts, which I appreciate. She is great at explaining procedures and why they are being done. If anything in my protocol was changed she explained why...Sometimes Dr Shanti would explain things and it would go over my head as I am not a medical professional. Whenever I asked questions she was more than willing to go back and answer them.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She is very knowledgeable. She is a fact based doctor. At times she is blunt in her delivery of facts, which I appreciate. She is great at explaining procedures and why they are being done. If anything in my protocol was changed she explained why.
Ask questions. Sometimes Dr Shanti would explain things and it would go over my head as I am not a medical professional. Whenever I asked questions she was more than willing to go back and answer them.
For my egg retrieval, Dr Shanti put me on Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. I was started on a low dose, but my medication had to be increased since I was not responding to the lower dose. I used a HCG trigger shot before the retrieval. We were successful in retrieving 15 eggs. For my FET, I was on Lupron, injectable estrogen, and progesterone in oil. Right before the transfer I was also prescribed an antibiotic, a steroid, and vaginal progesterone. This transfer was successful, however it ended in a chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks.
I love the nursing staff! They are all very friendly and knowledgeable. They have called with good news and bad news and have been fantastic in both situations. They always provide clear information and instructions to move forward especially if there is a change in protocol.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
This clinic is small which has benefits and drawbacks. Your care is individualized and they really get to know you. However, at times there is a lot of waiting to make appointments since it is a small practice. Once you get started with your protocol it’s fine however getting started takes some time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Aurora Fertility Services.
Monitoring appointments were very easy to get. I needed to schedule them as early as possible due to my job. Most of the time I was able to get the first or second appointment of the day. I barely had to miss any work for my monitoring appointments.
IVF package $13,500 PGS testing $2000 Medication for egg retrieval $8,000 Medication for FET $1,000
Dr Shanti recommended transferring one embryo. We agreed on this decision and were not interested in transferring multiple embryos.
West Allis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.

Dr. Shanti is to the point, in that way you can feel a little like a number, but I found her bluntness and direct manner helpful in getting whatever needed to be done accomplished.... She is confident in her skills and makes you feel like she will do anything to help you.... After using medications like clomid and Femara without success with ovulation she knew we needed to use injectable medications, she adjusted my medication as the cycle went on for a planned IUI.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is very talented and she knows what she is doing, I feel confident with my care in her hands. Her personality is very direct and to the point, knowing that going into her office, don't expect any warm fuzzy feelings. She is confident in her skills and makes you feel like she will do anything to help you.
Go in with your questions written down. Go in knowing she is very direct.
After using medications like clomid and Femara without success with ovulation she knew we needed to use injectable medications, she adjusted my medication as the cycle went on for a planned IUI. Unfortunately with those medications it was challenging for my follicles to reapond appropriately and my cycle got cancelled. She has explained in detail, extensively on what my body was doing and she had a plan for future cycles.
The nursing staff overall was very pleasant and compassionate. I had one nurse I didn't really care for, she barely spoke a word to me while she was doing blood draws or ultrasounds, it just made me feel uncomfortable.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I don't have another clinic to compare it to, but I feel like they are well organized, friendly and compassionate. I do wish you were assigned one specific nurse everytime to gain rapport and comfort ability.
For a consultation it was in the 300-400$ range. For my cancelled IUI cycle it cost about 2500.
West Allis

Overall, she [Dr. Shanti] did not sugar-coat our prognosis or challenges. She appeared very vigilant about our case, making recommendations and changes along the way to optimize our chances. She was blunt, which we needed, but sometimes it lacked warmth. She seemed to be uncomfortable with my emotions, which invalidated the emotional roller-coaster of IVF at times. However, she still heard my needs and appeared to do her best to meet them. She always answered my questions and provided a lot of hope for us when other doctors didn't. Above all, the hope she instilled in our case was powerful.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Overall, I liked my experience with Dr. Shanti. She provided a lot of detail to us about our case along the way. She made adjustments to the treatment as things arose. She heard our needs and concerns and sat down to address them. She was blunt in her communication, which was a double edged sword as we needed to be realistic about our chances and progress, but when we displayed or expressed emotion, we sometimes felt invalidated as she appeared uncomfortable with our emotions. She provided us with a lot of hope when other doctors had not. Her hope appeared to be founded in reality and we trusted her. We did get pregnant, but lost it right away. Although the loss was devastating, we did get pregnant under her care and this silver lining supported the hope she instilled within us. Additionally, she encouraged our seeking support of alternative care to supplement our treatment with her (i.e., acupuncture, abdominal massage, etc.), while other doctors seemed either indifferent or didn't support this.
Ask lots of questions. Don't feel like you are burdening the doctors, even if they make you feel that way. It is your right to know everything you can about your case, treatment protocol, results, and what to expect.
Overall, she did not sugar-coat our prognosis or challenges. She appeared very vigilant about our case, making recommendations and changes along the way to optimize our chances. She was blunt, which we needed, but sometimes it lacked warmth. She seemed to be uncomfortable with my emotions, which invalidated the emotional roller-coaster of IVF at times. However, she still heard my needs and appeared to do her best to meet them. She always answered my questions and provided a lot of hope for us when other doctors didn't. Above all, the hope she instilled in our case was powerful.
We did an IVF cycle before we met with Dr. Shanti. That first cycle with the other doctor failed. However, I responded fairly well to my stimulation, so Dr. Shanti made a few tweaks to optimize those results, but kept most of it the same (I do not remember the details). Our case is male factor infertility, and so she decided to have my husband do a testicular biopsy to get testicular sperm in addition to fresh samples on the morning of egg retrieval (which our previous IVF doctor cancelled his surgery due to finding sperm in his sample on the morning of). She wanted us to get both ejaculated sperm and testicular sperm and do ICSI with both sperm sources on my eggs. However, the biopsy was not successful (no sperm found) and we did not have enough fresh sperm to fertilize my eggs. She decided to freeze the remaining 9 eggs and place my husband on a different protocol with supplements for 4 months before attempting a second round of fertilization. We had good results the second time we fertilized and ended with a strong 5 day blastocyst. She found fluid in my uterus and decided to freeze the embryo and do a FET a few months later after the fluid cleared up. I got pregnant, but lost it within a week. We did not do genetic testing, but she suspects that there may have been a chromosomal issue with the embryo. She highly recommended we do PGS testing the next time we do IVF. She explained her rationale along the way and we trusted all her decisions. In the end, her decisions and tweaks along the way did get me pregnant, which provided me even more hope that I can get pregnant (and hopefully have a baby) in the future. She was very cautious and vigilant with our case and we felt she truly cared about our results. We did not feel like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nurses and staff were so wonderful! They were so invested in our case, appeared genuinely happy to see us for each appointment and provided a lot of emotional support. We truly felt welcomed and supported by the staff. They always took the time to explain things to us and check in on how we are doing.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic's strengths is that they are organized and coordinated. They provide a lot of support and consult on your case well. They even had the lab director sit with us in a meeting to go into more detail about our case and what his suggestions are from his perspective. They were able to help us work out a payment plan for our treatment and they communicated well with us. We felt heard and supported overall.
IVF was about 10,500, ICSI was an additional 1,500-2,000. Our FET was about 4,600 (in addition to the IVF cost).
She did have strong opinions about the number of embryos transferred. Had we had more than one healthy embryo, she strongly suggested we only transfer one at a time as our case was male-factor infertility and I was young (26 at the time). She felt the risks of multiple pregnancy were too high. However, we only had one healthy embryo to transfer and so we did not have to challenge her protocol. Had we had multiple embryos, we would have wanted to transfer more than one, and would have pushed on this issue with her. However, we did not have multiple embryos and cannot speak to how that communication would have evolved.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Shanti got to know me and my husband. She was kind and always talked to us like people instead of treatments. I even saw her in the grocery store well into my pregnancy and she gave me a big hug!... We were encouraged to transfer one embryo because we did a frozen transfer with generic testing and all of that gave us a higher chance for success. We probably could have pushed for two if we wanted to do that, but we felt like one was enough and that way we could keep our other (lower graded) embryos for later transfers
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She’s very direct and to the point, which I appreciate. But there’s a real warmth and sense of caring about her too! I always thought that I was in good hands and knew what to expect (as much as possible at least).
I loved the nursing staff here!! They were always our first point of contact and at times did a lot of heavy lifting in the fertility process. They were knowledgeable and passionate about the work. And they understood that I was a little crazy and needed all of the information all of the time!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I liked the clinic since it was inside a hospital. It was a one stop shop for everything you might need. Lab, surgery, embryo storage, all of it was right there onsite. The only thing was that you did need to use an outside pharmacy for medication, but I liked the pharmacy we used.
My treatment was all out of pocket but I was able to set up payment plans and even receive a discount through the hospital system because we didn’t go through insurance. I don’t remember exactly how much everything cost, but I know IVF with medication (egg retrieval and transfer cycles plus storage of frozen embryos) was about $20k
West Allis

My husband and I did IVF with donated embryos...Dr. Shanti constantly adjusted my protocol. We had two canceled transfers due to poor uterine preparation. She then planned a hysteroscopy as a day surgery procedure to better understand why I wasn't responding as expected. She showed great empathy toward my husband and I with each set back. She was realistic about the setbacks and I feel she prepared us in general for what was next.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask about what is next or what to expect. I was under prepared for setbacks. I was prepared to not get pregnant but all the various struggles in between came as a surprise,
Dr. Shanti and her staff were supportive of every step of the process. My husband and I did IVF with donated embryos, which was not one of the choices earlier. They helped us from contacting signing to IVF cycles.
Birth control, menstrual cycle, ultrasound on day 5 of menses, lupron, vaginal estrogen, IM estrogen and progesterone with ultrasounds. FET. IM and vaginal protesterone through week 11 of pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Yes Diana K. )
The nursing staff at Dr. Shanti's office is excellent. Diana K was our primary RN and she was terrific. She returned every phone call, answered every question. She was kind, compassionate and empathetic.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is excellent. Early morning hours, clean.
I remember our FET was $3500 We had two cycles canceled prior to the FET and we were charged 1/2.
West Allis

Dr. Shanti definitely knew what she was talking about, but she didn't do a great job explaining test results or answering my questions. I stopped seeing her due to communication issues and thought I could find another specialist who could explain things better. We did lots of testing with her but never got any answers.... We did fertility testing with her which took a pretty long time. She said my husbands numbers were low but didn't explain what was wrong. Besides blood testing, she ordered a pelvic ultrasound and an HSSG, both of which were normal.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Make sure you are clear about what information you need and speak up if you don't understand.
She was cold and didn't answer my questions
We did fertility testing with her which took a pretty long time. She said my husbands numbers were low but didn't explain what was wrong. Besides blood testing, she ordered a pelvic ultrasound and an HSSG, both of which were normal. We didn't get any answers from testing, but she recommended starting IUI right away. We were only in our first year of dealing with infertility and weren't ready for that yet. We ended up going to someone else and didn't pursue any treatment with her.
Extremely kind and good communicators.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I was originally referred to Dr. Hayes but she was not taking new clients so we made an appointment with Dr. Shanti. We didn't know anything about her and she was not specifically recommended, so we were already disappointed going into the experience. The nursing staff was very kind and gracious. They did a great job communicating and showing compassion. However, Dr. Shanti did not have a good bedside manner and it was all business with her. We did a lot of testing and never got any answers.
I don't remember
We never dealt with this.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Pros: Friendly, always explained the next step, personally called with test results. Cons: Did not explain a very complicated diagnosis thoroughly, also did not give me a referral to see a genetic counselor when I asked for one. Dr. Shanti said our only option was to do IVF which is simply not true, many people with a balanced translocation do choose IVF with PGS testing but many people have children naturally as well.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be sure to have her explain all of your options, and ask as many questions as you need to.
Dr. Shanti was very friendly, however I felt like she could have taken more time during appointments and also with explaining our diagnosis and options.
Compassionate, warm, easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
This clinical was nice because it had flexible scheduling, I was able to have my labs drawn right in the clinic rather than going to the lab department. It has a very helpful financial department, Angie was very helpful with working with my insurance company and explaining all costs to us. The clinic was clean and comfortable.
Initial repeat loss panel was approximately $5000

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
from our very first consultation I appreciated everything about her [Dr. Shanti]. She is knowledgeable and won’t waste your time. When you get to the point of needing fertility treatment, you don’t want to wait another minute for a baby, so when we hit the ground running it was comforting. She was very thorough and told us everything she was doing and why...was in high demand but always greeted me with enthusiasm and knowledge about me and our infertility journey. She made me feel like her only patient and gave me great confidence in everything she said and did.
European, Middle Eastern
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
I was warned in advance by a friend that Dr. Shanti was very blunt and that I might not like her, but from our very first consultation I appreciated everything about her. She is knowledgeable and won’t waste your time. When you get to the point of needing fertility treatment, you don’t want to wait another minute for a baby, so when we hit the ground running it was comforting. She was very thorough and told us everything she was doing and why.
Get ready because things are going to happen quickly and she’ll help you achieve your dreams of starting a family!
Dr. Shanti was in high demand but always greeted me with enthusiasm and knowledge about me and our infertility journey. She made me feel like her only patient and gave me great confidence in everything she said and did.
There seemed to be high turnover, but everyone was compassionate and helpful
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic was private, secure, and very clean. The office staff have some major gaps in their policies and procedures that had a negative impact on my experience. I would encourage any patient to stay on top of billing/insurance and don’t wait for the staff to keep you informed.
West Allis

I’m early on in treatment with Dr Shanti. First appointment she was blunt & told me to lose weight. I didn’t like it at first because the truth hurts. Now I’m liking how direct & blunt she is. I’m looking forward to working with her more.... Walking through the hospital & inpatient on same floor felt weird at first [Aurora Fertility Services- West Allis] I came from a clinic that wasn’t in a hospital so it just had a different vibe. I got lost on my 2nd appointment because I went out the wrong exit. It was super confusing
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Have a list of questions along.
Let me ask questions.
My “What’s Next” appointment is this next week so then we will know a lot more.
Very knowledgeable & caring.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Walking through the hospital & inpatient on same floor felt weird at first. I came from a clinic that wasn’t in a hospital so it just had a different vibe. I got lost on my 2nd appointment because I went out the wrong exit. It was super confusing.