6.9

8901 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53227
414-329-4300

2020, Unsuccessful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Shanti is insensitive and works in a robotic manner. She hardly makes eye contact, has poor communication skills and is very cold. Her directness seemed efficient at first, but little did we know she is last Doctor I would've chosen to see but there were no other options available...were rushed into things from the very start of the consultation. She gave zero explanations for anything, did not talk over expectations or even other options available.
They [Aurora Fertility Services] did accommodate my early morning work schedule but trying to keep track of when I need which appointment was very difficult. I also thing the blood work should be able to be done at other Aurora locations, not just the one...The nursing staff is doing the best they can...I was not informed of any of the costs of meds or procedures at the beginning.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is a poor communicator, she's cold, insensitive, doesn't make much eye contact, impatient, and lacks empathy. I was just diagnosed with cancer at the age of 35 and have never had a baby before. We tried IVF to freeze embryos before my chemotherapy and were rushed into things from the very start of the consultation. She gave zero explanations for anything, did not talk over expectations or even other options available.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
If you want to know what you're getting into, what expectations to have and the possible outcomes, don't see this Doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nursing staff is doing the best they can. I think it's confusing to see a nurse in the morning then have a different one call you and then see a completely new one the next time you're there. There should be more continuity of care with the same nurse.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
They did accommodate my early morning work schedule but trying to keep track of when I need which appointment was very difficult. I also thing the blood work should be able to be done at other Aurora locations, not just the one.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.
I was not informed of any of the costs of meds or procedures at the beginning. When I finally questioned it I was just told it would be covered but I paid hundreds of dollars for meds.
West Allis

I like how she explained everything with the initial consultation and next steps. She is straight forward and doesn’t sugar coat things but she is positive thinking & she does soften when she notices you are having a hard time. I wish I worked with her a little more than always seeing her staff but the staff is pleasant too. I definitely trust she knows what she is doing but she isn’t very personable.... I trust Dr. Shanti but I think the staff is a bit unorganized & doesn’t communicate all the necessary instructions
The clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] is very responsive to scheduling appointments and accomadating with special requests. It is a clean, friendly facility. It is open according to the patients cycle makes appointments 7 days a week.... I wasn’t told I needed to have my HCG trigger shot by the day of my followup ultrasound and it caused a lot of stress for me to get the shot by that day. It was never delivered to my house because a huge issue with my insurance so I do realize it is partly an insurance issue but there should have been some followup from staff.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Think about finding a Therapist who specializes in fertility so that can talk to someone who is familiar with your ups and downs of the infertility journey.
I don’l always feel like her staff is organized and provided all the necessary details I needed especially for my first IUI treatment.
Describe the protocols Aida Shanti used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Baseline Ultrasound. Letrozole 2 tablets each day for 5 days starting on the Day 3 of cycle. Ultrasound around Day 10 with HCG trigger shot usually that evening. IUI around Day 12. Suppositories starting 6 days after HCG shot. Blood pregnancy test 16 days after HCG.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
For clarification, my earlier comments were decribing Dr. Shanti and team as a whole. I trust Dr. Shanti but I think the staff is a bit unorganized & doesn’t communicate all the necessary instructions needed to be done but do an ok job overall.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is very responsive to scheduling appointments and accomadating with special requests. It is a clean, friendly facility. It is open according to the patients cycle makes appointments 7 days a week.
Initial out of pocket consult of about $545. Insurance covered the majority of everything else.
Describe Aida Shanti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
What specific things went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Shanti definitely knew what she was talking about, but she didn't do a great job explaining test results or answering my questions. I stopped seeing her due to communication issues and thought I could find another specialist who could explain things better. We did lots of testing with her but never got any answers.... We did fertility testing with her which took a pretty long time. She said my husbands numbers were low but didn't explain what was wrong. Besides blood testing, she ordered a pelvic ultrasound and an HSSG, both of which were normal.
The nursing staff [at Aurora West Allis] was very kind and gracious. They did a great job communicating and showing compassion. However, Dr. Shanti did not have a good bedside manner and it was all business with her. We did a lot of testing and never got any answers.... We did fertility testing with her which took a pretty long time. She said my husbands numbers were low but didn't explain what was wrong. Besides blood testing, she ordered a pelvic ultrasound and an HSSG, both of which were normal. We didn't get any answers from testing, but she recommended starting IUI right away. We were only in our first year of dealing with infertility and weren't ready for that yet. We ended up going to someone else and didn't pursue any treatment with her.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Make sure you are clear about what information you need and speak up if you don't understand.
She was cold and didn't answer my questions
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Extremely kind and good communicators.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I was originally referred to Dr. Hayes but she was not taking new clients so we made an appointment with Dr. Shanti. We didn't know anything about her and she was not specifically recommended, so we were already disappointed going into the experience. The nursing staff was very kind and gracious. They did a great job communicating and showing compassion. However, Dr. Shanti did not have a good bedside manner and it was all business with her. We did a lot of testing and never got any answers.
I don't remember
We never dealt with this.

2017, Unknown Success
Pros: Friendly, always explained the next step, personally called with test results. Cons: Did not explain a very complicated diagnosis thoroughly, also did not give me a referral to see a genetic counselor when I asked for one. Dr. Shanti said our only option was to do IVF which is simply not true, many people with a balanced translocation do choose IVF with PGS testing but many people have children naturally as well.
This clinical [Aurora Fertility Services-West Allis] was nice because it had flexible scheduling, I was able to have my labs drawn right in the clinic rather than going to the lab department. It has a very helpful financial department, Angie was very helpful with working with my insurance company and explaining all costs to us. The clinic was clean and comfortable... Initial repeat loss panel was approximately $5000
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be sure to have her explain all of your options, and ask as many questions as you need to.
Dr. Shanti was very friendly, however I felt like she could have taken more time during appointments and also with explaining our diagnosis and options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Compassionate, warm, easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
This clinical was nice because it had flexible scheduling, I was able to have my labs drawn right in the clinic rather than going to the lab department. It has a very helpful financial department, Angie was very helpful with working with my insurance company and explaining all costs to us. The clinic was clean and comfortable.
Initial repeat loss panel was approximately $5000
West Allis
I personally liked [Dr] Shanti’s blunt nature but know other patients were very turned off by her bedside manner. She seems very rushed and the clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] seems understaffed. As a result, I always felt like a number that they were trying to move along in the process in order to get to the next patient. was told the clinic wouldn’t do multiple transfers because it could result in a high risk pregnancy. ...
While the staff [Aurora Fertility Services] is great and friendly, I felt they were desensitized to the process. I continually did additional research to understand whether there were different options to move foreword with, and felt I was always battling for myself. The clinic is so understaffed that the timeline continues to be extended for additional treatment. ... I was told the clinic wouldn’t do multiple transfers because it could result in a high risk pregnancy.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
I personally liked Shanti’s blunt nature but know other patients were very turned off by her bedside manner. She seems very rushed and the clinic seems understaffed. As a result, I always felt like a number that they were trying to move along in the process in order to get to the next patient. While the staff is nice, they seem to lack experience and knowledge.
Fight for yourself and ask a lot of questions...no one else is going to do it for you.
While the staff is great and friendly, I felt they were desensitized to the process. I continually did additional research to understand whether there were different options to move foreword with, and felt I was always battling for myself. The clinic is so understaffed that the timeline continues to be extended for additional treatment.
Aida Shanti

She [Dr. Shanti] a very up front person and get to the point. Sometimes I would like a doctor to be more warming and understanding by giving me more option then to just do it. ... The protocols was to take 7mg of leterzole on the cycle 3-7. Then trigger on cycle day 14. And insemination on day 16. ... I would like to see the dr to tell me my results and what my other options could be instead of making an appointment to talk to the dr about that.
The clinics [Aurora Fertility Services] is very good at scheduling. The staffs in the front are very nice and welcoming. Their weakness is not seeing Dr shanti as much as you should. I'm not sure how other clinic is but I would like to see the dr to tell me my results and what my other options could be instead of making an appointment to talk to the dr about that. It would be nice if they let me know what I can do more like tests and ultrasounds before going into a ivf since I can't afford that.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Since I've been going to the clinic for 5 months now, I probably saw her 4 times the most. I wish I could talk to a doctor instead of nurses. She a very up front person and get to the point. Sometimes I would like a doctor to be more warming and understanding by giving me more option then to just do it.
Be present at my appointments.
This is my first fertility clinic that I've been to. Dr. Shanti is a very up front person where she tells you how it is and what is a good choice for your situation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nursing staff were wonderful. It seems like some of the nurses were in training but were great and they are very respectful and gentle.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinics is very good at scheduling. The staffs in the front are very nice and welcoming. Their weakness is not seeing Dr shanti as much as you should. I'm not sure how other clinic is but I would like to see the dr to tell me my results and what my other options could be instead of making an appointment to talk to the dr about that. It would be nice if they let me know what I can do more like tests and ultrasounds before going into a ivf since I can't afford that.
The iui were $1381 not including the medication. With medication, that's another $200-300.They let me pay the procedure in half, so when I go for the first ultrasound, I pay the first half and the second ultrasound to measure the follicle then I pay the rest.