6.9

8901 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53227
414-329-4300

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Doctor Shanti is blunt and to the point. She will ask you multiple times if you have any other questions which can sometimes make you feel as though she is rushing you, but she will stay and explain in detail the answers to your questions.... Doctor Shanti remembered personal details from my life (the fact that at one appointment I said I had a test for school coming up and the next appointment she asked me how it went). At my most recent appointment following laparoscopic surgery she assured my husband and I they would take good care of us several times.
Doctor Shanti’s nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services] is hit or miss, and they seem to have a lot of them come and go. The ones that have stayed can be rude, but the new ones sometimes don’t cover all their bases. For example, I had an HSG done and I had to call back and remind the new nurse to send an antibiotic prescription to my pharmacy. As another example, I had a well established nurse insist I called and requested HCG results when I never called for such a thing. She never apologized when she realized her mistake.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She is abrupt, blunt and to the point, but it is not in a rude manner. She will take the time to sit and explain things to you if you ask the questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe the protocols Aida Shanti used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
I have only had surgery under doctor shanti’s care, but she explained fully what the surgery would be like and what we would do after the results were obtained.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Doctor Shanti’s nursing staff is hit or miss, and they seem to have a lot of them come and go. The ones that have stayed can be rude, but the new ones sometimes don’t cover all their bases. For example, I had an HSG done and I had to call back and remind the new nurse to send an antibiotic prescription to my pharmacy. As another example, I had a well established nurse insist I called and requested HCG results when I never called for such a thing. She never apologized when she realized her mistake.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Doctor Shanti, Colleen (the financial specialist) and the receptionists are knowledgeable. The nurses can sometimes be their biggest weakness, but that doesn’t stop me from continuing my care at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.
I have great insurance so my OOP cost was almost non-existent.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
A nurse did not send in my antibiotic prescription for a HSG procedure. Colleen, the financial specialist, obtained incorrect insurance information and pushed back my diagnostic testing a month.
West Allis

Dr Stanti was knowledgeable of my case. She gave me a protocol based on diagnosis and changed it when it needed to be...She is a fact based doctor. At times she is blunt in her delivery of facts, which I appreciate. She is great at explaining procedures and why they are being done. If anything in my protocol was changed she explained why...Sometimes Dr Shanti would explain things and it would go over my head as I am not a medical professional. Whenever I asked questions she was more than willing to go back and answer them.
Monitoring appointments were very easy to get [at Aurora]. I needed to schedule them as early as possible due to my job. Most of the time I was able to get the first or second appointment of the day. I barely had to miss any work for my monitoring appointments...IVF package $13,500...This clinic is small which has benefits and drawbacks. Your care is individualized and they really get to know you. However, at times there is a lot of waiting to make appointments since it is a small practice. Once you get started with your protocol it’s fine however getting started takes some time.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She is very knowledgeable. She is a fact based doctor. At times she is blunt in her delivery of facts, which I appreciate. She is great at explaining procedures and why they are being done. If anything in my protocol was changed she explained why.
Ask questions. Sometimes Dr Shanti would explain things and it would go over my head as I am not a medical professional. Whenever I asked questions she was more than willing to go back and answer them.
For my egg retrieval, Dr Shanti put me on Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. I was started on a low dose, but my medication had to be increased since I was not responding to the lower dose. I used a HCG trigger shot before the retrieval. We were successful in retrieving 15 eggs. For my FET, I was on Lupron, injectable estrogen, and progesterone in oil. Right before the transfer I was also prescribed an antibiotic, a steroid, and vaginal progesterone. This transfer was successful, however it ended in a chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
I love the nursing staff! They are all very friendly and knowledgeable. They have called with good news and bad news and have been fantastic in both situations. They always provide clear information and instructions to move forward especially if there is a change in protocol.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Aurora Fertility Services.
Monitoring appointments were very easy to get. I needed to schedule them as early as possible due to my job. Most of the time I was able to get the first or second appointment of the day. I barely had to miss any work for my monitoring appointments.
IVF package $13,500 PGS testing $2000 Medication for egg retrieval $8,000 Medication for FET $1,000
Describe Aida Shanti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
Dr Shanti recommended transferring one embryo. We agreed on this decision and were not interested in transferring multiple embryos.
West Allis

Dr Shanti got to know me and my husband. She was kind and always talked to us like people instead of treatments. I even saw her in the grocery store well into my pregnancy and she gave me a big hug!... We were encouraged to transfer one embryo because we did a frozen transfer with generic testing and all of that gave us a higher chance for success. We probably could have pushed for two if we wanted to do that, but we felt like one was enough and that way we could keep our other (lower graded) embryos for later transfers
I liked the clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] since it was inside a hospital. It was a one stop shop for everything you might need. Lab, surgery, embryo storage, all of it was right there onsite. The only thing was that you did need to use an outside pharmacy for medication, but I liked the pharmacy we used.... My treatment was all out of pocket but I was able to set up payment plans and even receive a discount through the hospital system
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She’s very direct and to the point, which I appreciate. But there’s a real warmth and sense of caring about her too! I always thought that I was in good hands and knew what to expect (as much as possible at least).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
I loved the nursing staff here!! They were always our first point of contact and at times did a lot of heavy lifting in the fertility process. They were knowledgeable and passionate about the work. And they understood that I was a little crazy and needed all of the information all of the time!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I liked the clinic since it was inside a hospital. It was a one stop shop for everything you might need. Lab, surgery, embryo storage, all of it was right there onsite. The only thing was that you did need to use an outside pharmacy for medication, but I liked the pharmacy we used.
My treatment was all out of pocket but I was able to set up payment plans and even receive a discount through the hospital system because we didn’t go through insurance. I don’t remember exactly how much everything cost, but I know IVF with medication (egg retrieval and transfer cycles plus storage of frozen embryos) was about $20k
2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Shanti is very blunt and doesn't sugarcoat things. This was difficult in the beginning, but it ended up being exactly what I needed. When she told me good news, I knew these things were true and she wasn't being generous or overly optimistic. She answered my questions and made sure I understood what was going to be happening...she means well and really is the best.
I would recommend this clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] to anybody going through infertility. I feel very fortunate to have found them. I managed to get pregnant from both of my transfers and feel very fortunate for that. Keep an open mind through the process...I really enjoyed the nursing staff...My first transfer resulted in the live brith of my son. My second transfer resulted in pregnancy, and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Get past the bluntness. It made me a hard pill to swallow but she means well and really is the best.
Dr. Shanti listened to my concerns and remembered bits of my life.
We did frozen cycles and all embryos were PGS tested. My first egg retrieval was cancelled mid-cycle because I was not reacting to the hormones the way I should so my protocol was changed for the next cycle. I did a long lupron protocol and then did the rest of the antagonist protocol. On my Second egg retrieval one embryo made it to freeze and tested normal. On my third egg retrieval one embryo made it to freeze and tested normal. My first transfer resulted in the live brith of my son. My second transfer resulted in pregnancy, and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I would recommend this clinic to anybody going through infertility. I feel very fortunate to have found them. I managed to get pregnant from both of my transfers and feel very fortunate for that. Keep an open mind through the process.
my insurance covered a lot
I was happy with the approach.

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
When we were in the room being diagnosed with the ectopic, she sat there holding my face, in tears with me just saying "I am so so sorry". ... Although sometimes she can be abrupt, you can tell she cares. She truly goes the extra mile for you. I feel welcomed with her during treatments. She takes the time to explain things, and really wants to make sure that you get it.
They [Aurora Fertility Services] need new ultrasound equipment as it is a bit dated, but it is clean and there are always snacks and coffee in the waiting room. They usually run on time too unless Dr. Shanti gets caught in a surgery ... [nurses] they do seem rushed, but they care- and you can see that. They were a bit understaffed, but some of the staff have turned over.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She's a little rough around the edges, but so worth it.
When we were in the room being diagnosed with the ectopic, she sat there holding my face, in tears with me just saying "I am so so sorry". Although she doesn't have the most warm bedside manner, it was the most humble I have ever seen her.
I had an agonist protocol with a lupron down reg. 125 gonal F, 75 menopur, hCG trigger. 11 oocytes, 10 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 3 blasts. 1 euploid embro- female. Transferred with an estradiol valerate/IM progesterone protocol- ectopic
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
They need new ultrasound equipment as it is a bit dated, but it is clean and there are always snacks and coffee in the waiting room. They usually run on time too unless Dr. Shanti gets caught in a surgery
IVF: 13,500, PGS: 2800, Meds: 4000
we did PGS, so we were only able to transfer 1. We ended up only having 1 embryo anyway
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
It was only a lupron mix up. Luckily, nothing happened, but I was told not to start, but then told I should have been on it.
West Allis
Dr. Shanti is knowledgeable, clear and clearly provides information as needed. She provides worse case scenarios to prepare you for what is happening if things don’t go as planned with your body...I like that she suggested PGS testing and a single embryo. It’s a lot of work to do IVF and I wouldn’t want to take any unnecessary risks or losses that can be prevented...
[nurse of Aurora Fertility Services] They were so wonderful and had great communication skills. I always knew what to do and the plan of treatment was always clearly written out for me...They were organized, clean and on time! I appreciate that they were always proactive and called to check in when you first start shots and begin your schedule. I feel that the clinic was helpful and always answered questions when I messaged or called immediately. They certainly reduced any anxieties I had and helped me through the process.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is knowledgeable, clear and clearly provides information as needed. She provides worse case scenarios to prepare you for what is happening if things don’t go as planned with your body. I appreciate her honesty!
She is honest and some people can’t handle that, I feel she is processional and doesn’t skirt around issues.
Dr. Shanti was knowledgeable, clear and helped us understand the process from beginning to end.
I used both injections and suppositories, I also took a steroid and baby aspirin to ensure inflammation wasn’t in my uterus due to fluid in an initial meeting. All of these regimens worked as I am now 5 months pregnant!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
I loved the nurses. They were so wonderful and had great communication skills. I always knew what to do and the plan of treatment was always clearly written out for me.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I paid for the IVF and then the medication. I also incurred a bill for uterine fibroids but that was because I chose to go out of network and have the doctor do it.
West Allis

from our very first consultation I appreciated everything about her [Dr. Shanti]. She is knowledgeable and won’t waste your time. When you get to the point of needing fertility treatment, you don’t want to wait another minute for a baby, so when we hit the ground running it was comforting. She was very thorough and told us everything she was doing and why...was in high demand but always greeted me with enthusiasm and knowledge about me and our infertility journey. She made me feel like her only patient and gave me great confidence in everything she said and did.
There seemed to be high turnover [with nurses at Aurora], but everyone was compassionate and helpful...The clinic was private, secure, and very clean. The office staff have some major gaps in their policies and procedures that had a negative impact on my experience. I would encourage any patient to stay on top of billing/insurance and don’t wait for the staff to keep you informed...Dr. Shanti was in high demand but always greeted me with enthusiasm and knowledge about me and our infertility journey. She made me feel like her only patient and gave me great confidence in everything she said and did.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
I was warned in advance by a friend that Dr. Shanti was very blunt and that I might not like her, but from our very first consultation I appreciated everything about her. She is knowledgeable and won’t waste your time. When you get to the point of needing fertility treatment, you don’t want to wait another minute for a baby, so when we hit the ground running it was comforting. She was very thorough and told us everything she was doing and why.
Get ready because things are going to happen quickly and she’ll help you achieve your dreams of starting a family!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
There seemed to be high turnover, but everyone was compassionate and helpful
Serious gaps with the

2018 - 2022, Successful
We never felt rushed or unable to ask questions. Dr Shanti took the time to listen to our journey, and concerns. She was open and honest when discussing medications and treatment. She even reached out personally to a naturopath to discuss existing treatments to ensure we were all on the same page. While she can be blunt, we appreciated this. She definitely warmed up as we went through our journey together, and our second time around picked up the relationship where we left off. Extremely happy to have had Dr Shanti as our ally on this journey.
The team of nurses were all great [at Aurora Fertility Services]. During office hours you could call with any questions or concerns. If they were not available, they would get back to you quickly. They were always honest and respectful...Communication is during office hours in person or on the phone. Personally I'd prefer option to use some electronic communication (provider app). After hours the Dr is paged and available as needed.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She is your ally, while initially she can be blunt, she really cares and listens.
Dr Shanti was always available to answer any of our questions, I felt that through the process we made a personal connection and that she really cared.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The team of nurses were all great. During office hours you could call with any questions or concerns. If they were not available, they would get back to you quickly. They were always honest and respectful.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Firmly in the eSET camp.