Good

Aimee Chang works at

9370 SW Greenburg Road
Portland, OR 97223

2021, Unsuccessful
I'm not sure if it's isn't in her [Dr. Chang] nature, but I needed more compassion and kindness from her. She seems too focused on the business of IVF rather that connecting with me as the patient...Be mindful that they don't have a nurse or any other staff but Dr. Chang and her front desk staff... I always saw Dr. Chang for each appt...I felt no connection and/or kindness from Dr. Chang....
Dr. Chang and/her staff [at Oregon Fertility Institute] didn't explain things thoroughly. I often found myself emailing them w/little to no clear responses. I had call the office multiple times a day. It got to the point that I had my husband and my best friend call the clinic for me because I just couldn't do with their lack of information...front desk were not trauma-informed, seemed to be confused most of the time, and often didn't know the answers from the questions I asked...
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Areas of growth for her: 1.) For individuals that have experienced multiple miscarriages, it's hard to show up to these appts. I'm not sure if it's isn't in her nature, but I needed more compassion and kindness from her. She seems too focused on the business of IVF rather that connecting with me as the patient. 2.) Clearer explanations. So as to reduce the many emails that were sent through the portal ( and not answered by staff) 3.) The retrieval process @OHSU felt cold and disconnected. That room was freezing and was so sad my husband wasn't in the room because I felt no connection and/or kindness from Dr. Chang. I actually felt that more from the anesthesiologist. 4.) I think when you send the prescriptions over to OHSU that you make things as clear as possible. Most of the time, I found myself having to call your office because the dosages weren't clear when they were sent over. 5.) I would say overall warmth and compassion Areas that were great: 1.) When I sent an email super concerned about the lack of communication and clarity she did give me a call through the weekend. However, I gave feedback from beginning to end and often didn't feel heard.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Come more prepared than ever! The front desk staff do not know what they are doing. They also don't pull blood well. So be mindful of the fact they'll poke you a lot before blood gets pulled. Stay on top of what they told you they'll do. Because it's not often the case. Be mindful that they don't have a nurse or any other staff but Dr. Chang and her front desk staff. As a person who is at another clinic with access to an actual nurse not just my provider, has been absolutely amazing! Having a competent front desk staff member and phlebotomist has been amazing too. Whatever the front desk staff tells you in person, send them an email w/the exact information to hold them accountable. Because they'll need the reminders over and over again. If you are a patient that needs warmth and compassion, this might not be your place. Wear warm clothes. It's freezing in there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Now that I am at a different clinic I can feel/see the difference. I remembering feeling off when my husband I walked into the clinic. I felt as though, they cared more about the money rather than actually making me feel like they cared about me as a patient. Dr. Chang's front desk were not trauma-informed, seemed to be confused most of the time, and often didn't know the answers from the questions I asked. They made me buy ALL the medications for transfer knowing that at each moment things can stop/change. Which is what ultimately ended up happening. I never even got to my Progesterone in oil and/or other things that they had me buy. It felt as though she was looking for the money rather than my success. I had a lot of questions, because Dr. Chang and/her staff didn't explain things thoroughly. I often found myself emailing them w/little to no clear responses. I had call the office multiple times a day. It got to the point that I had my husband and my best friend call the clinic for me because I just couldn't do with their lack of information. The staff that take your blood, aren't great. I often got pocked and then switched when the first phlebotomist couldn't do it.
Describe the protocols Aimee Chang used in your cycles at Oregon Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I did an egg retrieval process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
I don't think Dr. Chang has a nursing staff. So these grades for their front desk staff and their phlebotomist.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
Areas of growth: 1.) Front desk staff need to be trained and receive patients w/kindness and warmth. Maybe even trauma-informed training 2.) Front desk staff need to make sure that if they are the ones responding to emails that they actually respond to all of the emails and questions. Not just some and/or not at all. 3.) Perhaps retrain phlebotomists. Most of them did not seem to know how to pull blood. Most of the time I left with multiple pokes. In addition to being able to explain results. 4.) Upgrade pictures to make it feel warm and kind. 5.) Warm up your rooms and/or provide blankets. All rooms are freezing. And feel blah and uninviting. Strengths: I always saw Dr. Chang for each appt.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute.
About 30,000. You have to pay the clinic and OHSU separately. Which was not fun and not explained to me.
Describe Aimee Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Fertility Institute.
I did not feel educated enough.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Fertility Institute.
So much went wrong. At first my husband would say, "maybe it's just this once and unfortunately, it wasn't." I'm truly having a hard time coming up with positives. Because most of the time, I left stressed not hopeful. Which is normal to feel when you're going through IVF but at my current clinic, I have never felt what I felt at this clinic. Even when things got hard at my new clinic, their love, care, and support was all that I needed. I do think that whole clinic needs an upgrade in people and training. It's taking me almost a year to write this review because I was so hurt and so harmed by this clinic. I'm so grateful for my new clinic! I feel all the love and the patience.

2013, Unsuccessful
Unfortunately we had a bad experience at this clinic. I don't know that it was Dr. Chang's fault--it may have been the lab or other factors, but we did a retrieval and ALL of our embryos--which had looked okay on day 3--were terrible on day 5, and we were told that they weren't worth transferring... The doctor said she had no idea what went wrong and that we might want to consider donor eggs...Dr. Chang's protocols seemed very reasonable. The only other thing I can think of is that she may have retrieved the eggs a little too late.
Strength [Oregon Fertility Insititute]: personal care, always see same doctor Weaknesses: Closed on Sundays, which may at times be best day for retrieval and/or IUI. No nursing staff, techs lack experience drawing blood, doctor's experience is limited given the small size of the clinic. Good for easy cases, may not be so good for challenging cases...Unfortunately we had a bad experience at this clinic....She [Dr. Chang] didn't have nurses, just techs who did blood draws and office work. They were Inexperienced and would have to poke me numerous times.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
After doing IUIs with another clinic, where I would see a different provider on each visit I wanted a smaller clinic where I would see the same doctor each time. Unfortunately we had a bad experience at this clinic. I don't know that it was Dr. Chang's fault--it may have been the lab or other factors, but we did a retrieval and ALL of our embryos--which had looked okay on day 3--were terrible on day 5, and we were told that they weren't worth transferring. This was a huge financial and emotional investment, and we were left with nothing. The doctor said she had no idea what went wrong and that we might want to consider donor eggs. I waited nearly a year, did a lot of research on clinics, and went to a top-rated clinic in SoCal. We were successful with our very first IVF there, where we produced three genetically-normal embryos.
Just do your homework and compare her success rates with those of other clinics.
Personalized and attentive care.
I did travel cross country during one of the cycles. The doctor had approved this, but I wonder if it had a deleterious effect (time zone adaptation, etc.) Also, I found out that I had been Vitamin D-deficient and that I had MTHFR mutations and needed folate. Maybe these things were working against me--I have no idea. Dr. Chang's protocols seemed very reasonable. The only other thing I can think of is that she may have retrieved the eggs a little too late. Maybe they should have come out on Sunday, when the clinic was closed. I think she did the retrieval on a Monday morning.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
She didn't have nurses, just techs who did blood draws and office work. They were Inexperienced and would have to poke me numerous times.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
Strength: personal care, always see same doctor Weaknesses: Closed on Sundays, which may at times be best day for retrieval and/or IUI. No nursing staff, techs lack experience drawing blood, doctor's experience is limited given the small size of the clinic. Good for easy cases, may not be so good for challenging cases.
not covered, self-pay
Portland

[Dr. Aimee Chang is] Very caring and understanding answering all questions... She seems to be honest and doesn’t waiting for things last min. So far good. Seems to be out going and patient. Easy to talk with. Didn’t feel rushed. Talked with my husband as well with out any problems...Testing, treatment, medication, and procedure...Didn’t wait long to be seen. Make sure you come in asking all questions it will help the process.
[The nurses at Oregon Fertility Institute are] Not helpful on the phone about things as much as they should be...Small clinic but over all fine. Could use people to be more helpful when it comes to financial questions. Not as organized as you would want a clinic to be. Didn’t wait long to be seen. Make sure you come in asking all questions it will help the process...Not helpful on the phone about things as much as they should be
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Not sure yet still in first processes of getting things starting. She seems to be honest and doesn’t waiting for things last min. So far good. Seems to be out going and patient. Easy to talk with. Didn’t feel rushed. Talked with my husband as well with out any problems.
Make sure to keep all medical documents.
Very caring and understanding answering all questions
Not there yet waiting to get there
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
Not helpful on the phone about things as much as they should be
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
Testing, treatment, medication, and procedure
Not sure