Good

Washington U St Louis

Aimee Chang works at

9370 SW Greenburg Road
Portland, OR 97223

[Dr. Aimee Chang] is very compassionate and understanding. She has wonderful bedside manners and I would recommend her. She uses OHSU lab for her IVF treatments. The downside is that she is the only doctor and I was not impressed with her office staff...I am 45 years old so she advised us that a donor would be best.
The staff [at Oregon Fertility Institute] was inexperienced and lacked treatment knowledge. We were not assigned to a particular tech, we would just call with our questions and whoever answered the phone would relay our questions to Dr. Chang. The office does not have a registered nurse, when blood was drawn, I was poked several times due to lack of experience by the staff.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Dr. Chang is very compassionate and understanding. She has wonderful bedside manners and I would recommend her. She uses OHSU lab for her IVF treatments. The downside is that she is the only doctor and I was not impressed with her office staff. They were inexperienced clinical techs. Also, there are no nurses at her clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
Dr. Chang is a great Dr., I would recommend to try her for at least one treatment.
Describe the protocols Aimee Chang used in your cycles at Oregon Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I am 45 years old so she advised us that a donor would be best. We in the middle of synchronizing our cycles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
This is where improvement is desperately needed. The staff was inexperienced and lacked treatment knowledge. We were not assigned to a particular tech, we would just call with our questions and whoever answered the phone would relay our questions to Dr. Chang. The office does not have a registered nurse, when blood was drawn, I was poked several times due to lack of experience by the staff.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute.
We decided to got with a donor, Dr. Changs cost is apprx 10k, donor cost 20k, and OHSU lab will be apprx. 10k.
Describe Aimee Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Fertility Institute.
Since we have decided to move forward with a donor and because I am 45, Dr. Chang strongly recommended a SET however, we did let her know that we would decide after the retrieval.

2011 - 2012, Successful
She [Dr Aimee Chang] is a scientist not an OB, so once you understand as a doctor she's there to help diagnose and troubleshoot your situation, her approach makes a lot of sense. Her demeanor was calm and she was always sensitive to making sure I was okay with the process and adjusted the process when necessary for me...She listened to any concerns I had and allowed me to very a very active part of the process understanding what options were available depending on how aggressive I wanted to be in the process (ICSI, PGS, etc).
I loved that her practice [Oregon Fertility Institute] was just her, so I wasn't shuffled to other doctors depending on scheduling. She was always available and never missed an appointment and was only late on one occasion (maybe 15 minutes late if that!)...There are some other 'big name' fertility groups in Portland, which are fantastic. What Dr. Chang has is the same results as those groups, but you never get shuffled around to other doctors (which is what happens at the big practices). Chang is the one you see for everything, and if you are looking for a personal relationship she is a good fit.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
She is a scientist not an OB, so once you understand as a doctor she's there to help diagnose and troubleshoot your situation, her approach makes a lot of sense. Her demeanor was calm and she was always sensitive to making sure I was okay with the process and adjusted the process when necessary for me. I loved that her practice was just her, so I wasn't shuffled to other doctors depending on scheduling. She was always available and never missed an appointment and was only late on one occasion (maybe 15 minutes late if that!). She listened to any concerns I had and allowed me to very a very active part of the process understanding what options were available depending on how aggressive I wanted to be in the process (ICSI, PGS, etc).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
She seemed to understand the emotional toll infertility was taking and was sensitive to the stress and impact that was having on my life. While her focus was as a scientist to tweak the process to get a positive end result for us, she understood that we still had to take things at our own pace. She was always the one who called us with any results, positive or negative. She was always timely for everything as well.
Don't recall exactly, I did some IUIs with and without follistim (none at all successful but could easily mature eggs) and then moved to IVF. It was a pretty traditional protocol using lupron, menopur, follistim, HCG among a few others. I produced a plethora of eggs my first fresh round (almost 30) but only a small percentage (even with ICSI) fertilized and matured to good embryos (maybe 8 total). Ended up with a chemical pregnancy that didn't pass on its own and had to have a D&C. Second round of IVF (fresh round again) was the same protocol but produced around 15 eggs and ended with 4 viable embryos (with ICSI and tested with PGS which ruled out two other embryos that were abnormal). I have 3 year old twins from that IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
Small staff. I have hard veins to get blood from and only one of their nurses could regularly do it without having to send me out to a separate lab (IMO not due to their lack of proficiency, I seriously have tough veins for anyone). After a particularly difficult blood draw resulting in having to go to a separate lab for a result, at my next appt they called in that nurse who was on maternity to handle me. i appreciated that they went above and beyond and accommodated that. Overall the nurses were all helpful and friendly and professional. That being said, I still saw the Dr. more often than the nurses.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
Since its just Dr. Chang there there isn't much else to add separately about the clinic. She runs a professional clinic - small staff, but very clean, friendly, helpful, timely.
Insurance covered a lot of things but we burned through our insurance's 5K max of meds coverage, so out of pocket for meds of an IVF cycle were around 2.5K as I recall. Overall for two fresh IVF cycles (second including the PGS testing) we spent around 15K out of pocket after insurance (and things insurance didn't cover, such as 'experimental treatments').
Portland

Dr. Chang is knowledgeable and listens well. We feel that she is great at offering suggestions and her professional opinion, then leaving the decision up to us. I tend to pass out when I have my blood drawn and she always offers me candy and plenty of time to get my bearings before moving on with an appointment. She never makes me feel like it's an inconvenience.
The clinic [Oregon Fertility Institute] is clean and easy to locate. It has a decent sized waiting room. It's not huge, but every time I've been there I have been the only person in the waiting room. There is a restroom conveniently located in the clinic and one right across the hall.... Her nursing staff is very kind. All the girls I've talked to there are friendly and sweet. There are one or two that, when they answer my phone calls, seem a bit hesitant. But I think they are new, and if they don't know the answer to something they always ask someone who does.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Chang listens well to my concerns and answers my questions as completely as she is able. She offers her suggestions for treatment, but leaves the final decision completely up to me.
She does an ultrasound and blood draw at the beginning of each cycle to see where my body's at and monitor how the medication is working. I then call when I have a positive ovulation and we schedule a time for IUI. She does an ultrasound to check my follicles.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean and easy to locate. It has a decent sized waiting room. It's not huge, but every time I've been there I have been the only person in the waiting room. There is a restroom conveniently located in the clinic and one right across the hall.
Consultation cost, prescription costs, cost for IUI procedure and ultrasounds, charges for blood work
Portland
[Dr. Aimee Chang] was great! I have had a fair number of doctors throughout my pregnancies and she was the best...made me feel like I understood everything after every meeting. I am a bit nervous by nature and she dealt with my nerves well. I loved being able to see the same doctor every time...Because of male infertility we went headed straight to IVF - we did one IUI with no success ( we did not think there would be)...Ended up with 6 good embryos and over the course of 3 transfer...had 2 live births ( 3 babies in all). Second transfer was a chemical to which Dr.Chang decided on a endo scratch on the next transfer which proved successful.
Overall the nursing staff [at ORM Fertility] is really solid. The remembered details from visit to visit. I did have a couple times that they forgot to call with test results or similar - not a huge deal...I love the one - on - one personal contact. The cost is pretty much standard. If there is any weakness I did not care for the fact that transfers happened at OSHU - it was a far drive for me and I did not know the nursing staff. The results for me have been great - I have 3 great kids because of Dr.Chang...Because of male infertility we went headed straight to IVF - we did one IUI with no success ( we did not think there would be). Egg retrival - menopur and follitism ( maybe something else). Ended up with 6 good embryos and over the course of 3 transfer ( 2016 - 2018) had 2 live births ( 3 babies in all). Second transfer was a chemical to which Dr.Chang decided on a endo scratch on the next transfer which proved successful.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr.Chang was great and made me feel like I understood everything after every meeting. I am a bit nervous by nature and she dealt with my nerves well. I loved being able to see the same doctor every time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aimee Chang at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Because it is a small office they are not open all hours.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aimee Chang at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr.Chang was great! I have had a fair number of doctors throughout my pregnancies and she was the best.
Describe the protocols Aimee Chang used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Overall the nursing staff is really solid. The remembered details from visit to visit. I did have a couple times that they forgot to call with test results or similar - not a huge deal.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Describe Aimee Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I did 2 embryos each time. One ended up with my twins, one chemical, and one single live birth. I would go one embryo a time.
2010 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
She [Dr. Chang] truly cares about her patients & takes time to do appropriate tests & talk through options. She runs a small practice and uses OHSU labs, & uses her own judgement which clearly comes from both science & her gut instinct....She laughed with me. She gave me clear information. She was willing to work with me to monitor DE cycle...She understood financial constraints & did what she could to help.... Know that it is a small practice using outside labs.
It’s small. One doctor. But she will come in on a Sunday if that’s the best moment for a procedure. The waiting room [Oregon Fertility Institute] is small.... [Nursing Staff] Great at blood draws - painless! Attentive & asked what I needed....Know that it is a small practice using outside labs. If you want an in house donor pool go elsewhere....She [Dr. Chang] understood financial constraints & did what she could to help.... About $12,000 for 3 DS IUIs & several consults / monitoring outside DE cycle
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
She truly cares about her patients & takes time to do appropriate tests & talk through options. She runs a small practice and uses OHSU labs, & uses her own judgement which clearly comes from both science & her gut instinct. The most kind & caring doctor I’ve written with. I’m writing this review 7 years after our last appointment.... that’s how much I was impressed by her.
She laughed with me. She gave me clear information. She was willing to work with me to monitor DE cycle when I couldn’t add her services & decided to cycle abroad. She understood financial constraints & did what she could to help.
I do not recall specific dosage but when I did IUI with donor sperm she was willing to push my ovaries to the max to rule out the need for egg donor. She also respected my reluctance to spend $ on own egg IVF when I was deciding to move on to DE.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
Great at blood draws - painless! Attentive & asked what I needed.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
It’s small. One doctor. But she will come in on a Sunday if that’s the best moment for a procedure. The waiting room is small. I would ask about how they separate egg donors from couples on retrieval days
About $12,000 for 3 DS IUIs & several consults / monitoring outside DE cycle
Portland

[Dr. Aimee Chang is] friendly, intelligent, sympathetic, and kind. I haven’t gotten pregnant yet and each time she’s been comforting and optimistic. She answers all of my questions and never rushes me. I feel heard when I’m in her care. I trust her...We tired Clomid with timed intercourse twice, Clomid with a trigger shot and an IUI and then Letrozole with a tigger shot and IUI. I also took estrogen throughout each cycle. I’m taking a month off right now because the medicine made me pretty depressed.
It’s really hard to find a weakness [at Oregon Fertility Institute] , but if I really had to pick something I would say one of the nurses needs to be a bit more confident on the phone with delivering information. But that’s being really picky...[nurses are] Very friendly and nice. Some know a lot more than others but they are all very helpful and patient. All the nurses are good at drawing blood. I used to get super nervous about getting my blood taken but now I’m a pro! They’re great.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
She’s friendly, intelligent, sympathetic, and kind. I haven’t gotten pregnant yet and each time she’s been comforting and optimistic. She answers all of my questions and never rushes me. I feel heard when I’m in her care. I trust her.
I’m not sure. I haven’t had any problems. I would tell them she’s really nice and is on your side.
Dr. Chang is very nice and patient. She explains everything very well. She’s not only a good doctor but a good person.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
It’s really hard to find a weakness, but if I really had to pick something I would say one of the nurses needs to be a bit more confident on the phone with delivering information. But that’s being really picky.
I think each IUI is around $300. They also do the sperm washing for about $100. The trigger shot was $100. Clomid, Letrozole and the estrogen pills were very cheap.
2020, Unknown Success
I thought that aimee chang was very personable and understanding especially since we did our consultation over the phone because of covid 19 . She made me feel like she was standing right in front of me and understood and answered any questions I had which I liked a lot...If you have questions dont guess ask her she will tell you an honest trustworthy answer
[Oregon Fertility Institute] has insurance plans you can choose from an in network system...I thought that aimee chang was very personable and understanding especially since we did our consultation over the phone because of covid 19 . She made me feel like she was standing right in front of me and understood and answered any questions I had which I liked a lot..
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
I thought that aimee chang was very personable and understanding especially since we did our consultation over the phone because of covid 19 . She made me feel like she was standing right in front of me and understood and answered any questions I had which I liked a lot .
She explained things very well gave me step by step instructions to follow that I could understand.
Haven't used any yet
Not yet
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
Don't know yet I have not been that far in my treatment yet but will let you know as soon as I am able to do so but I think that the clinic is going to be a great experience it has been so far and I am very pleased the way dr chang is understanding a n.v d very much patient with me .
She has insurance plans you can choose from an in network system
I would like just one embryo transfer
Portland

When I first saw her [Dr. Aimee Chang], I had no intention of ever doing IVF, I just wanted to some answers to why I wasn't conceiving, but she convinced me to try it just once, especially given my great insurance...Because we chose not to PGS and ended up with so many frozen embryos (15), Dr Chang advised i transfer 2 embryos at a time. She acknowledged that it might possibly result in multiples, but said I was very healthy and likely wouldn't have issues carrying.
I liked the small clinic vibe [of Oregon Fertility Institute] - I knew everybody and the rapport was very good and personal. They accommodate my work schedules really well. For weaknesses, I wish there were more materials and I was given more options for what the treatment would look like. I'm naturally someone that researches everything, so I questioned what I was advised to do, but someone more obedient would not even be aware that you don't "have to" do PGS, for instance.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
I loved my doctor for how invested she was in getting me pregnant. When I first saw her, I had no intention of ever doing IVF, I just wanted to some answers to why I wasn't conceiving, but she convinced me to try it just once, especially given my great insurance.
Aimee Chang will strongly advise you to follow all the protocols generally accepted in the field right now (PGS, ICSI etc). If you, for whatever reason, do not feel like you need or want all that, be prepared to stand your ground.
Small clinic where the doctor herself conducted all procedure, she remembered the details of my case, and she was generally even more invested in getting me pregnant than I was.
Ganirelix antagonist protocol for stimulation (for egg retrieval). 2 Menopurs 275 Follistim IU, dropped to 225 as my E2 level was going up, dropped to 75 towards the end Doxycycline AM + PM Dexamethasone PM Aspirine 81 mg Before trigger, E2 level was 7369.05, so I triggered with Lupron 4mg AND 1,000 HCG 10,000 IU. Because of high E2 levels and number of eggs retrieved, I was put on Cabergoline post retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
Aimee Chang doesn't necessarily have a nursing staff - she does all that work herself. Her team of receptionists/phlebotomists help with admin work, calendar, insurance etc.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
I liked the small clinic vibe - I knew everybody and the rapport was very good and personal. They accommodate my work schedules really well. For weaknesses, I wish there were more materials and I was given more options for what the treatment would look like. I'm naturally someone that researches everything, so I questioned what I was advised to do, but someone more obedient would not even be aware that you don't "have to" do PGS, for instance.
I have to say that I was given a sheet with exact costs before the treatments, which I really appreciated. It was almost 5K for the stimulation+retrival+ fertilization, meds not included.
Because we chose not to PGS and ended up with so many frozen embryos (15), Dr Chang advised i transfer 2 embryos at a time. She acknowledged that it might possibly result in multiples, but said I was very healthy and likely wouldn't have issues carrying. First FET resulted in an anembryonic pregnancy (blighted ovum) followed by a miscarriage, but second FET did result in twins. I am happy with the result but will only transfer one embryo if we decide to try for another.
Portland
Dr. Chang is soft spoken but very kind and compassionate. You can tell she has great knowledge and experience in her field. I felt like she was willing to try any option in order for us to have success...Very kind and compassionate to our situation. Was willing to try several different options to get us a successful pregnancy... Dr. Chang wanted a single embryo transfer. I had a proven uterus and no issues.
The [Oregon Fertility Institute] clinic is very kind and empathetic. Also reasonably priced compared to some of the bigger clinics. Communication and organization are lacking a bit. Having packets that outlined the fees and had all the documents would help tremendously...The staff is very friendly and kind. At times, the communication wasn't as clear as I would have preferred.
Trust her judgement!
We tried a mini stim for me and it was clear my body was not going to respond. I ended up needing an egg donor, and Dr Chang was wonderful and patient with her. Getting my body ready for the transfer, Dr Chang made a couple of adjustments to the protocol, as I didn't respond right away. After the first transfer, I am now 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very kind and empathetic. Also reasonably priced compared to some of the bigger clinics. Communication and organization are lacking a bit. Having packets that outlined the fees and had all the documents would help tremendously.
I don't remember exact costs, but things were broken down via lab or clinic charges.
For me, Dr. Chang wanted a single embryo transfer. I had a proven uterus and no issues. With my sister, she used two embryos, as she had a history of endometriosis and had never been pregnant. My sister is now 8 weeks pregnant with one.

2017 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Chang provided empathetic but also realistic care. All of her recommendations were transparent in the chances of success and estimated cost...Both Dr. Chang and her staff were very responsive to both phone and email and resolved issues like lab results and refill requests very quickly. Dr. Chang went out of her way to make sure our treatment was affordable as possible by collaborating with our primary insurance the was not accepted at her clinic...
Both Dr. Chang and her staff [at Oregon Fertility Institute] were very responsive to both phone and email and resolved issues like lab results and refill requests very quickly...The nursing staff I worked with were professional, genial and organized...All costs were plainly spelled out prior to procedures...The size of the clinic provides an intimate and private setting that contributes to the feeling of individualized care and being treated as a. person and not a number. The environment is clean and organized and the waiting room is inviting and low-stress.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
I enjoyed working with Dr. Chang. We were successful with both transfers that were performed. Both Dr. Chang and her staff were very responsive to both phone and email and resolved issues like lab results and refill requests very quickly. Dr. Chang went out of her way to make sure our treatment was affordable as possible by collaborating with our primary insurance the was not accepted at her clinic.
No major advice to be given. We had a great experience with Dr. Chang over the last 4 years.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff I worked with were professional, genial and organized.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
All costs were plainly spelled out prior to procedures. Dr. Chang and her team agreed to coordinate with multiple pharmacies to minimize drug cost.
Portland

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7 years when we had our first appointment at the practice...Aimee Chang is an extremely experienced, knowledgeable, trustworthy and thorough person. Her goal was always to find the best treatment plan for us. She listened to our concerns and questions and responded with care at all times...She carefully explained both procedures and potential risks.
The clinic / practice [at Oregon Fertility Institute] is rather small, providing a comforting and cozy feeling. The place is spotless and privacy is always maintained. Both of our IUI'S were performed there. The actual IVF was performed at a different location (hospital). However the team there was led by Aimee Chang. Everything was well organized and super professional. Friendly and knowledgeable staff explaining each step of the procedure.
How was your experience with Aimee Chang at Oregon Fertility Institute?
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7 years when we had our first appointment at the practice. Right from the beginning we felt that our doctor was caring, mindful and understanding of our situation. That never changed in the course of the entire treatment/ consultation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Fertility Institute.
Warm, welcoming and friendly staff.
Describe your experience with Oregon Fertility Institute.
The clinic / practice is rather small, providing a comforting and cozy feeling. The place is spotless and privacy is always maintained. Both of our IUI'S were performed there. The actual IVF was performed at a different location (hospital). However the team there was led by Aimee Chang. Everything was well organized and super professional. Friendly and knowledgeable staff explaining each step of the procedure.
She carefully explained both procedures and potential risks. I extremely appreciated her honest recommendation and advice on how to move on.