Medical SchoolU. of Albany
330-452-6010
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Akas Jain to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain welcomes you with open arms and goes over every detail of your plan with you. We are religious and he was very understanding of how we wanted to proceed after our last IUI failed. He’s so compassionate and takes his time with you in each appointment. I never felt rushed with him ever. He has a certain quality that is just very trusting and his bedside manner could not be better. I have worked with a lot of doctors in my past (being a corpmans in the military) and he is just a stand out from all the rest. He understands his job and how emotional it is for us patients. I had a page of questions I wanted answered and he sat there and answered each one! Just so caring and overall wonderful at his job. Very very gentil as well
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Go see him now! It takes about a month to get an initial appointment so I wouldn’t waste any time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has a certain quality about him that allows you to feel comfortable and confident in him. He talks to you with respect and understanding. Nothing you say to him in your consult will surprise him and he is very welcoming, he even made me laugh a little. He does an initial ultrasound at your first appointment (the other clinic did not) where he looks at your follicles and tries to get a overall look at your fertility health, he also ordered blood work to look for all indicators on why I had not gotten pregnant in the past, instead on just pushing another IUI on me like the other clinic did. He is very smart and wants to genuinely help you achieve your goal!!! I just can’t express enough on how wonderful he has made me feel since seeing him. He has a wonderful bedside manner and remembers me each time I see him. I am not just a number to him.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
By the time I see him, I had already had 3 IUIs but no work up done on my own body. Dr. Jain told me that after listening to me tell him about my history he believes I probably have endometriosis but we would not be able to tell without surgery and at this point surgery isn’t the answer. He recommended IVF off the bat. With it being so expensive, he said we could try 1 more IUI with his protocol. His clinic looks at the sperm on a more molecular level and he would be able to get a better idea on why I was not getting pregnant. After consult, he did an initial ultrasound where he looked at my existing follicles. Here is where I found out I had a diminished egg reserve. He put me on some over the counter medicine (Cosequin and DHEA) to help with egg quality. He also did blood work to get actual numbers. At the IUI, he told me that my husbands sperm was not where he would like it to be but it’s not terrible. He only recommended 1 IUI and if it failed to consider IVF sooner than later because of my own egg health. We are now in the process of IVF and I feel very confident in him. He sat with me for about an hour and went over every step. We have to do IVF with ICSY because of my low egg count and my husbands motility issues. This is allow more of my eggs to get fertilized than the traditional IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
All the nurses have been so wonderful and so nice at every appointment. I just got assigned my IVF coordinator and my only complaint from her is that sometimes it’s confusing on when things should be ordered or when medicine should be taken. But she has been very responsive to my emails and questions which is a huge plus!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic overall is very nice looking and very clean! They have baby wipes in each room and each room is very upscale. This “upscale” look can be both bad and good because the cost of all this is so expensive you wonder where the money is going. I do like that I’m in a nice place though. I also like that it’s small and easy to get around.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
My copay each visit was $30 (I have ok insurance that covers any preliminary fertility). IUI are not covered by my insurance and it was $500, IVF with ICSY is $14,500 and meds for IVF are $6300.
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
I would like to have more than one embryo put in but because of my age (under 35) it’s recommended only 1 is put in at a time. I trust this is the right step even though I would prefer 2
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He [Dr. Jain] did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.... I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended.
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.
My advice is the same for any fertility doctor, have them explain all procedures and outcomes in detail. Some times I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces of info that would help my understanding of the process.
I don't feel like a number because I am addressed by name and not my account information. The nurses and doctor are readily available to answer questions.
I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended. We had one full cycle with first donor, but embryos were low quality, transfer was negative, and extra embryos weren't good enough to freeze. Second donor cycle was cancelled before transfer when donor wasn't responding to the drugs as well as hoped. Donors 3-4 were tested, but didn't meet the requirements. Donor 5 was a good candidate, but had to back out due to an injury. Donor 6 was successful in that we got 12 quality embryos to freeze: After a negative test and a miscarriage, we did PGS testing. 7 of 10 embryos tested were abnormal. Had two transfers of “normal” embryos which ended in chemical pregnancy and a misacarriage. During the first donor egg cycle I was synced to donor, so I had prenatal vitamins and folbic tablet, birth control pills, then lupron, estrogen, and eventually progesterone shots. There were some meds taken around time of transfer, such as antibiotics as prep. This current cycle I am not syncing to the donor's cycle, so there is no lupron, but the rest of the meds are pretty similar, except this time I have an additional thyroid med due to low TSH. Because of recurrent miscarriage was tested for clotting issues, but none found.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: In the beginning yes, but not now)
When we started, Betheen took care of the IVF patients and was readily available to answer questions, but she retired. Lately, it’s a small group of nurses who take turns responding, but I do have nurses’ email and doctor’s email and phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses (in a legible form that wasn't in office codes). The drop off for semen samples is not more than a hallway leading to a window with a couple of chairs to the side and can be awkward if someone's waiting there and another person has to drop off, mainly due to cramped quarters. Some times they over book and can run late, which is not fun on a Monday or Saturday morning when it seems very busy.
This is an estimate... about $22k total for a cycle: donor drugs, egg retrieval, embryology, and transfer (no freezing). Freezing embryos for my second cycle was $1k extra. Donor drugs are around $3-3500 of that $22k. My drug costs have ranged from $500-750 per cycle and not part of the $22k. IUIs were $500 and extra for the drugs (clomid was ~$25, can't remember how much follistim and HcG chot were).
I prefer single transfer. The last four transfers have been singles. For the last attempt, due to low quality of embryos, two were transferred, but that didn't work.
Westerville
When Dr. Jain entered the office he didn't introduce himself or shake our hands. He spent about 30 minutes talking to us about our previous experience with failed fertility treatments, which made me cry at points, and he failed to show any empathy or even offer tissue.... The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems. Dr. Jain spoke off the cuff, which again, I appreciated because my previous RE was *very* reheared. After speaking with Dr. Jain in his office, he suggested we move to a procedure room in order to perform an AFC. I was grateful for this because after treatment with my previous RE, an AFC had never been performed at baseline. The bad: Dr. Jain spent a good time blaming my previous RE, calling his techniques antiquated and completely based on a handful of old case studies. The ugly: Dr. Jain's bluntness often borders on rudeness. He was generally unpleasant and didn't introduce himself or shake our hands upon meeting or finishing our appointment.
Prepare yourself for a RE who lacks bedside manner.
I'm currently under the agonist protocol, priming with a short cycle of birth control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Not sure how I feel about this yet, but our nurse prefers to communicate via email instead of phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.
$7,600 with embryo freezing.
Dr. Jain said that we could decide if we wanted him to transfer 1-2 embryos.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Jain definitely is definitely determined to help us achieve pregnancy. But at every appointment we usually have to remind him of our history and what we've already been through...has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Be prepared for him to give it to you straight. He won't sugar coat his reponses about your condition.
We used clomid and ultrasound monitoring for our cycles. We used ultrasound monitoring to observe the follicles as they were approaching ovulation. I only have one fallopian tube so if I had follicles on the good side we were able to use ultrasound to observe them and prepare for an IUI. If they we're not on the good side then he would advise to have timed intercourse at home.
They provide quick responses over the phone to schedule appointments and have worked well with us to help educate us on giving an HCG trigger shot at home, as well as the timing of the IUI.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The waiting area is very nice. I appreciate that they have someone on staff to draw blood work instead of having to travel elsewhere. They also have a lab onsite for sperm analysis and preparations for an IUI. The exam rooms are always clean and prepared for my appointment.
I do not have insurance that covers fertility treatments so I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jain] has wonderful bedside manner and is so kind... I did some IUIs and medicated timed intercourse cycled with him and during that time I felt like a number. I couldn't get answers to the questions that I had. However, when I went through the IVF process with him I felt like he put much more energy and care into my treatment plans...I feel like he sugarcoats things a little too much in order to make me feel like things are going to work out.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He has wonderful bedside manner and is so kind. However, sometimes I feel like he sugarcoats things a little too much in order to make me feel like things are going to work out. There are times when I wish he would just be blunt about my chances so I can set my expectations. He is always willing to answer all of my questions, but I sometimes feel bad keeping him because he seems so busy.
Ask questions. Do a lot of research and be prepared with a list of questions at each visit. He won't dig incredibly deep about certain situations (i.e. short cycles or endometriosis concerns) unless you ask him to.
IUI and timed intercourse cycles were done with Letrozole or Clomid and an HCG trigger shot. IVF was an antagonist protocol- birth control, Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, an HCG trigger shot, then progesterone in oil and Estrace leading up to a fresh transfer. My first attempt at a frozen transfer (it was cancelled due to lack of lining thickness) was done with Letrozole. The next frozen transfer he prescribed Tamoxifen to help build my lining, then an HCG trigger shot, progesterone in oil, and Estrace. I am currently in the two week wait after that FET. I have had all negative results up until now- no pregnancies. Tamoxifen did help to build my lining substantially.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen Strewing)
Betheen is fantastic. All of the nurses are very accessible via email and I love that. The one complaint that I have is that Betheen saw me through the first cycle, but then after that I was assigned to a new nurse (Angela- who I also liked) and then the next cycle, I was given a nurse that I had never met. I don't even know her name. She seemed new and not extremely knowledgeable yet. I have continued to email Angela if I have questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Always be prepared to wait. We've waited as little as 5 minutes or as long as 45. It just depends on how many people they are seeing at the same time. They're great with giving specific details on what you need to do or what you can expect and everyone is always extremely compassionate and friendly, from the nurses to the receptionist staff to the embryologists.
IVF is $8000. ICSI is $1500. PGS testing is $4500. Embryo freezing is $1000. IUIs are $500.
Yes- because of my age and our unexplained infertility diagnosis, he strongly suggested transferring only one.
Westerville
Dr. Jain was honest with me and presented information at a level that was appropriate for me. He was patient with my questions/concerns/preferences. I never felt rushed or like a bother. He was gentle with his exams and procedures. My husband was also confident and reassured by his knowledge and experience. We wouldn't hesitate to go back to him...Dr. Jain gave me his cellphone number to call if I needed. He also texted to check in on me after I had transitioned back to my OB during my pregnancy.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Wait times can be long, but his knowledge, compassion and expertise are worth it.
I had a few follistim plus IUI cycles while I was still breastfeeding. Every time I got great follicles, but never conceived. I had overstimulation with one combined follistim and clomid cycle, which I had to abandon due to risk for high order of multiples. I had a couple follistim plus Femara cycles where I again got good looking follicles but never conceived. Eventually I got pregnant in an off cycle as we were exploring the option of IVF. This is similar to the course I took in getting pregnant during an off cycle with my first child while I was seeing a different doctor in the same clinic. I had 7 failed treatment trials prior to each of my pregnancies.
Lynn was always my favorite. She always kept a positive attitude and helped me get back to my own provider after a bad visit with a partner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Small clinic so faces are familiar. Site is beautiful. Wait times can be long but understandable with unpredictable components of treatment cycles.
I think IUI is around $500. My insurance covered my visits and ultrasounds. My meds were purchased from a pharmacy recommended by the clinic.
Westerville
Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Dr. Jain. I feel that he genuinely cares about me and being cautious but aggressive with treatment. I have complete confidence in his judgement and plan of treatment. The only shortcoming is that he seems rushed most of the time. It feels like he wants to get in and out. Questions need to be asked quickly...My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way...
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Ask questions throughout the office visit, do no wait until the end.
My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way.
Synthroid 50 mcg throughout treatment 2 rounds of chlomid 100 mg (timed intercourse) and 150 mg - no developing follicles and thin lining so switch to... 4 rounds letrozole 10 mg multiple developed and released follicles (timed intercourse each time) last 2 rounds had 4 follicles develop so decrease dose to... 1 (and counting) round of 7.5 mg letrozole with IUI (currently in 2 week wait)
Nurses always respond same day to phone calls. Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology (you don't have to parade through the waiting room with a cup of semen).
My insurance covered everything so far except IUI which was $500
10 IUI, IVF
Personalized care. [Dr. Jain] Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct...He provided individualized compassionate and direct patient care. Always listened to us had good suggestions and felt confident he could make our dream come true. I saw him for every visit and we didnt have to wait long. He gave his cell phone number so that I could directly text him with questions. He was friendly and thourough while still being blunt enough to not give you false hope.
10 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
To warn them he is direct because some patients like sugar coating
Personalized care. Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct
We did several iui with letrozole follistim combination because. We then did an egg retrieval followed by fresh transfer which resulted in a miscarriage. 9months later we did a frozen cycle and resulted in a healthy baby girl
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen )
Very nice compassionate and patient
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Efficient clean friendly knowledgable. The lab is great as well as the success of ivf storage and treatment or embryos. They are getting busier so the wait time has invreased. But waiting room is nice and inviting
12k for ivf plus meds Embryo trAnsfer 3500k
Because of my age and history of miscarriage we did 2 embryos and he was ok with that
PCOS, Unexplained
While Dr Jain was personable I didn't feel like he emotionally understood my situation m. I felt like I was in need of answers and deeper understanding that I never received. Everything was very surface level....I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained. It's hard to pay so much money and still not end up with your ultimate goal.
Ask questions if you have them st your appointment.
I tried femara several cycles with timed intercourse without success. I then added 3 IUI cycles without success and also Clomid.
They seemed to be organized and on top of things but seemed to get frustrated if questions were asked or further explanation needed. Some were more personable than others but again they didn't seem to care personally.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is beautiful and well kept. It is a happy atmosphere for not happy appointments. Not ideal to be located right next to a pediatrician office as that is an emotional struggle as a patient.
$175 for ultrasound visits $400 IUI $90 trigger shot
Westerville
First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he [Dr. Akas Jain] was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
European, Other
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
Go in knowing that things may not be what you had planned and be ready to ask questions because they’re not going to take the time to explain it to you.
The office is very busy and it felt like they are behind. But the staff and physician appeared to remember me
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a busy office. I think they have high success rates therefore they have high traffic and don’t take the time to individualize you and your process. They have poor communication through departments and back to the patient.
8,000.00 blanket price for IVF
Westerville
Dr Jain remembers details of my life and aspects important to my care without me having to remind him. He genuinely cares about his patients....Dr. Jain has always been honest and upfront with us. He answers ours questions directly/bluntly but also with compassion. He always makes me Feel at ease. I have issues with my cervix which makes IUI and other procedures more difficilt than normal. He always takes his time and makes sure I am Comfortable.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come to your appt with specific questions I had a Million of them and he took the time to answer each one.
Compassionate, respectful, able to answer questions thoroughly
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall we are very happy with the clinic. Strengths: friendly, compassionate, care about privacy. Only weakness is it is hard to get in touch via telephone... I always have to leave a message. Someone does always call back the same day.
Westerville
He [Dr. Akas Jain] does seem to be in a rush alot of times....He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge...His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion...Just ask for a little of his patience...Dr Jain is an awesome dr...Just ask for a little of his patience
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge. He does seem to be in a rush alot of times. His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion.
Just ask for a little of his patience
Dr Jain always seems in a rush.
Follistim 225 menopur 75 for 10 days cetrotide the last few days and 5000 hcg for trigger
The easiest way to get ahold of the nurses is email, they are friendly and willing to help
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I overall enjoyed the experience. They could work on their communication a little. Shanell and Jenna are the absolute sweetest! Dr Jain is an awesome dr. The office is clean and inviting. Being able to.do all procedures in office is very convenient.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I feel Dr Jain takes time to know you and your history. He remembers key details about previous cycles. He also gets to know you as a person and asks about /takes interest details in our personal hobbies, work etc...After seeing another specialist, Dr Jain reviewed all my paperwork to have a good discussion regarding next steps with my husband and me. He’s always been kind, compassionate and has great bedside manner.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He may appear arrogant at times, but he really knows his stuff
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This clinic is very nice and clean. Appears to have up to date equipment. It’s nice there is a LabCorp on site to get bloodwork completed ASAP. It is busy, but runs on schedule. If behind at all they apologize for the wait.
Westerville
He's [Dr. Akas Jain] very thorough, wants everything to be perfect to get the best results. Will not cut corners or go forward with retrieval/ transfer unless he thinks everything is perfect. Truly cares about achieving the best results possible for his patients.... Used the highest dose for Stims that he could due to my diminished ovarian reserve.... The staff is Friendly, easy to get into, always see your own doctor, not a long wait time during appointments. Billing can be somewhat confusing. Nurse communicates by email which can be difficult at times but also convenient at times.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's very thorough, wants everything to be perfect to get the best results. Will not cut corners or go forward with retrieval/ transfer unless he thinks everything is perfect. Truly cares about achieving the best results possible for his patients.
Ask questions
Dr Jain remembered personal things about me
Very nice, sometimes seemed rushed