Available by cell phone
330-452-6010
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Akas Jain to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
He [Dr. Jain] was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers. ... He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. ... He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very straightforward and blunt. He is fast but knowledgeable and won’t hesitate to answer questions. He will give you the chances of scenarios but will let you know a brief overview of different treatments or courses of action that he will take depending on the outcome so you are prepared. He performs everything himself right down to ultrasounds so he gets all information first hand. Overall he is incredibly knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be prepared. Take notes and don’t be afraid to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was genuinely interested in our life and very straightforward with what he thought would be the most beneficial treatment for us. He didn’t opt for the most expensive treatment just because he is trying to get numbers.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
During our consultation he was very thorough in getting background information on my husband and I both. He let us know that IUI would be the best option to try as there was no need to jump ahead to IVF. He informed us that we would do 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole as I previously did not have success with Clomid. He did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked ok and started me on Letrozole the same day and informed me that I would take a trigger shot prior to IUI once I received a second ultrasound to check follicle size. When we had the second ultrasound done he gave me the specific date and time to take the Pregnyl trigger injection as well as how often to have intercourse leading up to IUI. During the IUI, he overviewed our plan if this was not to be successful which included a HSG test to ensure my Fallopian tubes were open and a second round of IUI with increased dosage of Letrozole. I was then informed to test for pregnancy in 2 weeks and follow up with a positive pregnancy test or start of my cycle.
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. They aren’t bothered by questions and return calls immediately should a question arise after you leave the office
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very aesthetically pleasing and clean. The seating in the waiting room is comfortable, the exam rooms large and the parking lot able to accommodate several vehicles. The front staff are friendly and the coordinators do their best to submit everything possible to insurance so that if any coverage is available it is useable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
Consultation submitted to insurance including ultrasound and bloodwork $250, sperm washing (not submitted to insurance) $100, IUI (submitted to insurance for coverage) $500 out of pocket
Westerville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.

Dr Jain was very sympathetic to the loss of our first son and I do feel as though he listened when I had something to offer or talk about. However, I did feel at times as though he needed to read my chart before meeting with me to be familiar with my case and my treatment.... I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I like that Dr. Jain is aggressive and thorough with treatment. However I had very little testing done compared to what I expected. I had an ultrasound and blood work to determine ovarian reserve, a bubble test to verify that there were no blockages, and we discussed my history at a glance. I also never feel like I know what is next. I am rarely given any direction on how to take next steps.
If you have them, ask questions.
After 6 failed cycles of Clomid with my regular OB/GYN, she referred me to Dr. Jain. Dr. Jain was suprised to here that we had one successful pregnancy (that resulted in my son being stillborn) and had had no success with Clomid. He decided to do one more round of Clomid and do our first round of IUI. I had 3 mature follicles that cycle with very high numbers from my husband and Dr Jain was confident in our chances. After the first round was unsuccessful, Dr. Jain felt that my endomentrial lining was thin due to the rounds of Clomid, so he switched me to Letrozole. During that cycle I only had one mature egg and so my husband and I decided to skip IUI that cycle. Dr. Jain did feel that my lining looked better after changing medication. I am currently at the beginning of our 3rd cycle with Dr. Jain. He raised my dose of Letrozole with the hopes of having more eggs. Mid-cycle check is next Monday and we will decided how to proceed for this cycle.
I have seen a few nurses. All of them are very nice, however none stick out as going above and beyond. I also don't feel as though they provide any information as to what to expect next.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I like the clinic. The waiting room is overdone. It feels ostentatious and like that is where my money goes. The girls at the front desk are very nice and are starting to recognize me when I come in. Again I repeat, if you have questions ask them. Information is not readily provided.
Each round of IUI cost $500. The trigger shot was $125. Ultrasounds and blood work were run through my insurance.

4 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
4 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
On our first visit Dr. Jain he was very blunt and up front with us about the cause of my infertility as well as his expectations of what it would take for us to get pregnant. I had initially left our first appointment feeling like he lacked compassion but we did appreciated his honesty. Once we started the IVF process we got to know Dr. Jain a lot better through the frequent visits. I never saw another provider and I truly feel he made decisions regarding our care based on our specific needs. I had several FET cycles canceled due to fluid in my uterine lining. He tried several different interventions to get rid of the fluid so the conditions were prefect for transfer. Even though it was very frustrating having so many canceled cycles, it showed me how much he truly wanted the best outcome for us and didn't want to just "wing it". My husband and I both feel our experience with Dr. Jain was wonderful.
Dr. Jain was the second provider we had consulted with. As he reviewed my history he was very direct explaining my diagnosis of DOR and poor egg quality. Throughout my treatment he gave us his honest advice and opinions on how we should move forward. I had several cycles canceled because he felt the conditions were not perfect. I could tell he truly wanted the best outcome for us and didn't want to take any chances.
I don't remember the specific protocol that was used but during egg retrieval we used Menopur, Follistim, Cetrodite, and Estrace. I have an AMH of 1 and produced 13 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
My primary nurse (Megan) during my egg retrieval and leading up to my FET was amazing. I could email her questions or concerns and she would always get back to me by the end of the day. She truly went above and beyond. Once our embryo was transferred different nurses handled my follow up and it was terrible. I had to wait 3 days to hear the results of my beta hCG (5 days actually if you include the weekend.) I emailed two different nurses that were suppose to be handling my case and called once a day everyday. Finally someone called to give me my results (neither one of the nurses ever emailed me back). The whole experience had left me very discouraged and stressed out. Since I live 5 hours away from the clinic they were not quick to send BW or ultrasound orders. My OB office had to call twice to have an ultrasound order sent as well as my records. They only sent 1 orders so I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks then not another one until 12 weeks. I know if I had been living in Columbus I would have been monitored more closely during the early weeks of pregnancy. I had such a positive experience with the clinic up until the time of the transfer and was very disappointed with the communication of the nurses post FET.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I think this clinic is truly amazing. They are very organized and on top of things. I did explain my poor experience with the nursing staff post transfer but I feel if you live in Columbus most people would have a great all around experience.
The total cost including PGS and medications was $21,000
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr. Jain would only transfer 1 embryo at a time until we've had 2 unsuccessful transfers. Then he would transfer 2.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain welcomes you with open arms and goes over every detail of your plan with you. We are religious and he was very understanding of how we wanted to proceed after our last IUI failed. He’s so compassionate and takes his time with you in each appointment. I never felt rushed with him ever. He has a certain quality that is just very trusting and his bedside manner could not be better. I have worked with a lot of doctors in my past (being a corpmans in the military) and he is just a stand out from all the rest. He understands his job and how emotional it is for us patients. I had a page of questions I wanted answered and he sat there and answered each one! Just so caring and overall wonderful at his job. Very very gentil as well
Go see him now! It takes about a month to get an initial appointment so I wouldn’t waste any time.
Dr. Jain has a certain quality about him that allows you to feel comfortable and confident in him. He talks to you with respect and understanding. Nothing you say to him in your consult will surprise him and he is very welcoming, he even made me laugh a little. He does an initial ultrasound at your first appointment (the other clinic did not) where he looks at your follicles and tries to get a overall look at your fertility health, he also ordered blood work to look for all indicators on why I had not gotten pregnant in the past, instead on just pushing another IUI on me like the other clinic did. He is very smart and wants to genuinely help you achieve your goal!!! I just can’t express enough on how wonderful he has made me feel since seeing him. He has a wonderful bedside manner and remembers me each time I see him. I am not just a number to him.
By the time I see him, I had already had 3 IUIs but no work up done on my own body. Dr. Jain told me that after listening to me tell him about my history he believes I probably have endometriosis but we would not be able to tell without surgery and at this point surgery isn’t the answer. He recommended IVF off the bat. With it being so expensive, he said we could try 1 more IUI with his protocol. His clinic looks at the sperm on a more molecular level and he would be able to get a better idea on why I was not getting pregnant. After consult, he did an initial ultrasound where he looked at my existing follicles. Here is where I found out I had a diminished egg reserve. He put me on some over the counter medicine (Cosequin and DHEA) to help with egg quality. He also did blood work to get actual numbers. At the IUI, he told me that my husbands sperm was not where he would like it to be but it’s not terrible. He only recommended 1 IUI and if it failed to consider IVF sooner than later because of my own egg health. We are now in the process of IVF and I feel very confident in him. He sat with me for about an hour and went over every step. We have to do IVF with ICSY because of my low egg count and my husbands motility issues. This is allow more of my eggs to get fertilized than the traditional IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
All the nurses have been so wonderful and so nice at every appointment. I just got assigned my IVF coordinator and my only complaint from her is that sometimes it’s confusing on when things should be ordered or when medicine should be taken. But she has been very responsive to my emails and questions which is a huge plus!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic overall is very nice looking and very clean! They have baby wipes in each room and each room is very upscale. This “upscale” look can be both bad and good because the cost of all this is so expensive you wonder where the money is going. I do like that I’m in a nice place though. I also like that it’s small and easy to get around.
My copay each visit was $30 (I have ok insurance that covers any preliminary fertility). IUI are not covered by my insurance and it was $500, IVF with ICSY is $14,500 and meds for IVF are $6300.
I would like to have more than one embryo put in but because of my age (under 35) it’s recommended only 1 is put in at a time. I trust this is the right step even though I would prefer 2

2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He [Dr. Jain] did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.... I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended.
2014 - 2018
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's a thorough doctor, taking into consideration various scenarios and options. He's a little chatty at times, but seems genuinely concerned about patient's circumstances. He did all of my procedures except one appointment when he was sick and a partner, Dr. Nash, helped out and kept the appointment to keep us on schedule.
My advice is the same for any fertility doctor, have them explain all procedures and outcomes in detail. Some times I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces of info that would help my understanding of the process.
I don't feel like a number because I am addressed by name and not my account information. The nurses and doctor are readily available to answer questions.
I had two IUI with clomid and follistim injections (and HcG trigger shot) that failed. Based on age and low reserve, donor egg was recommended. We had one full cycle with first donor, but embryos were low quality, transfer was negative, and extra embryos weren't good enough to freeze. Second donor cycle was cancelled before transfer when donor wasn't responding to the drugs as well as hoped. Donors 3-4 were tested, but didn't meet the requirements. Donor 5 was a good candidate, but had to back out due to an injury. Donor 6 was successful in that we got 12 quality embryos to freeze: After a negative test and a miscarriage, we did PGS testing. 7 of 10 embryos tested were abnormal. Had two transfers of “normal” embryos which ended in chemical pregnancy and a misacarriage. During the first donor egg cycle I was synced to donor, so I had prenatal vitamins and folbic tablet, birth control pills, then lupron, estrogen, and eventually progesterone shots. There were some meds taken around time of transfer, such as antibiotics as prep. This current cycle I am not syncing to the donor's cycle, so there is no lupron, but the rest of the meds are pretty similar, except this time I have an additional thyroid med due to low TSH. Because of recurrent miscarriage was tested for clotting issues, but none found.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: In the beginning yes, but not now)
When we started, Betheen took care of the IVF patients and was readily available to answer questions, but she retired. Lately, it’s a small group of nurses who take turns responding, but I do have nurses’ email and doctor’s email and phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The strengths are: the environment is modern and clean. Staff are pretty friendly and you're treated like a human being, not a number. They have an in-house LabCorp tech, so you don't have to go elsewhere for blood work and the lab tech is very good. Weaknesses: there's not much in terms of guarantee programs/refunds. Billing needs more transparency. When I've had money due, it wasn't an issue getting an itemized list of services (in bill form), when I had a positive balance on my account, it was like pulling teeth to get a list of documented services and expenses (in a legible form that wasn't in office codes). The drop off for semen samples is not more than a hallway leading to a window with a couple of chairs to the side and can be awkward if someone's waiting there and another person has to drop off, mainly due to cramped quarters. Some times they over book and can run late, which is not fun on a Monday or Saturday morning when it seems very busy.
This is an estimate... about $22k total for a cycle: donor drugs, egg retrieval, embryology, and transfer (no freezing). Freezing embryos for my second cycle was $1k extra. Donor drugs are around $3-3500 of that $22k. My drug costs have ranged from $500-750 per cycle and not part of the $22k. IUIs were $500 and extra for the drugs (clomid was ~$25, can't remember how much follistim and HcG chot were).
I prefer single transfer. The last four transfers have been singles. For the last attempt, due to low quality of embryos, two were transferred, but that didn't work.
Westerville

When Dr. Jain entered the office he didn't introduce himself or shake our hands. He spent about 30 minutes talking to us about our previous experience with failed fertility treatments, which made me cry at points, and he failed to show any empathy or even offer tissue.... The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
The good: Dr. Jain is very blunt, which I appreciated after so many failed fertility treatments with my previous RE, who at times sugarcoated our problems. Dr. Jain spoke off the cuff, which again, I appreciated because my previous RE was *very* reheared. After speaking with Dr. Jain in his office, he suggested we move to a procedure room in order to perform an AFC. I was grateful for this because after treatment with my previous RE, an AFC had never been performed at baseline. The bad: Dr. Jain spent a good time blaming my previous RE, calling his techniques antiquated and completely based on a handful of old case studies. The ugly: Dr. Jain's bluntness often borders on rudeness. He was generally unpleasant and didn't introduce himself or shake our hands upon meeting or finishing our appointment.
Prepare yourself for a RE who lacks bedside manner.
I'm currently under the agonist protocol, priming with a short cycle of birth control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Not sure how I feel about this yet, but our nurse prefers to communicate via email instead of phone.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern, clean, and designed to very warm and welcoming. They have the front desk staffed with 2-3 individuals who greet you with a friendly smile. The procedure rooms are modern, have low lighting for more privacy, and are not stuffy with unnecessary decorations.
$7,600 with embryo freezing.
Dr. Jain said that we could decide if we wanted him to transfer 1-2 embryos.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Jain definitely is definitely determined to help us achieve pregnancy. But at every appointment we usually have to remind him of our history and what we've already been through...has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has been great at determining a plan of action to help us achieve our dream of having a baby. He is always willing to answer any questions we have. He is somewhat blunt with his responses but as a woman going through infertility I prefer this, instead of having my hopes up every cycle and then being destroyed if the treatment isn't successful.
Be prepared for him to give it to you straight. He won't sugar coat his reponses about your condition.
We used clomid and ultrasound monitoring for our cycles. We used ultrasound monitoring to observe the follicles as they were approaching ovulation. I only have one fallopian tube so if I had follicles on the good side we were able to use ultrasound to observe them and prepare for an IUI. If they we're not on the good side then he would advise to have timed intercourse at home.
They provide quick responses over the phone to schedule appointments and have worked well with us to help educate us on giving an HCG trigger shot at home, as well as the timing of the IUI.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The waiting area is very nice. I appreciate that they have someone on staff to draw blood work instead of having to travel elsewhere. They also have a lab onsite for sperm analysis and preparations for an IUI. The exam rooms are always clean and prepared for my appointment.
I do not have insurance that covers fertility treatments so I pay $200 for every ultrasound, $125 for a trigger shot and $500 for an IUI.
Westerville

His decisions are always based on what will get us to our goal most successfully, with the least amount of hardship on our behalf. I have never had a doctor who provided as much face-to-face interaction, which during the stages of IVF is so incredibly comforting. ... Dr. Jain is a warm, compassionate and vibrant doctor. ... Dr. Jain’s expertise is evident from the first meeting; I remember feeling intense relief and rekindled hope after my very first consult with him. ...
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is a warm, compassionate and vibrant doctor. He sees the positive of every situation, and really pushes for the best possible outcome regardless of the potential time investment involved. His decisions are always based on what will get us to our goal most successfully, with the least amount of hardship on our behalf. I have never had a doctor who provided as much face-to-face interaction, which during the stages of IVF is so incredibly comforting. Dr. Jain’s expertise is evident from the first meeting; I remember feeling intense relief and rekindled hope after my very first consult with him. I am sure I am not the only patient whom he has made feel like they can have faith again, and restored our belief in that one day we can in fact have our dreams come true.
Trust the process, and believe in him. He’ll do everything he can to make your dreams come true.
Dr. Jain is the first doctor to give me hope. On our first consult, he reviewed my file and explained to me why IVF CAN work for us. He was realistic about our expectations given my age and my physiological history, but he was encouraging, positive, and hopeful. At that point, that was all we needed. And all along this process, he has been so involved I couldn’t be more grateful for his support and the warmth from his staff as well.
antagonist protocol with hmg and fsh with preimplantation genetic screening
Caring, and very prompt and consistent with communication. They are all so friendly and engaging, and very compassionate. One nurse even came by to my house to help give me IM progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. They are all incredible, I love them all. It is a reflection of Dr. Jain that he has chosen such a warm, empathetic and compassionate staff to work with his patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths are it’s visually pleasant; always spotless, smells good in the waiting room, front desk staff is always smiling an friendly and remember my name each time I come in. They rooms are always spotless, bathrooms are impeccable. Nice bright lighting, location is easily accessible. No cons to be honest. It’s the nicest clinic I’ve been to, and it is always a pleasant experience. It is a very busy clinic, yet always maintains is professional standards to give the patients the best. Even the embryoologists and lab tech are so friendly.
eSET was the only option given
Westerville
Dr Jain was very straightforward and honest with me since the first consultation. He knew exactly what he was doing and everything about my case. This gave me a lot of confidence during the process He wanted to understand the reason why I was not getting pregnant and work on a customized plan for me. The first time I went through IVF with another doctor he did not even test me for egg quality or reserve since he assumed that this was not my issue because of my age
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would strongly recommend Dr Jain for anyone in the area suffering from infertility. He sets real expectations, treats you like a human being and does everything he can to achieve a positive outcome.
Trust that Dr Jain will take care of you and do everything that is possible to achieve a positive outcome. He is brutally honest and sometimes can "scare" you with all risks and possibilities, but he is the best.
I think I've used the antagonist protocol with Menopur, Gonal F and Cetroide. My trigger shot was with Lupron. Dr Jain wanted me in the maximum dosage of medication since I have DOR and I ended up having 10 eggs.
Megan was great, very responsive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is new, clean and has everything you need (lab, "surgery room", ultrasound machines). The only weakness is that sometimes Dr Jain runs late....
$1,700 - medications $11,000 - LAB and PGS (out of network) I am not sure about the in network portion (Dr visit, ultrasounds, bloodwrodk etc) because this was covered by my insurance
I wanted to transfer only one embryo and Dr Jain was aligned with that approach.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Jain is very attentive and treats every patient differently. He even texts me on evening/weekends to check in on me and answer any questions I have.... We did 3 IUIs with letrozole. We did an egg retrieval with Menopur and Follustim. We did this twice. Our first egg retrieval we PGS tested our embryos and had 2 chromosomally normal embryos. We transferred one successfully as a frozen 5 Day embryo but lost the heart beat for unknown reasons at 10 weeks.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Jain is a very busy guy. But he makes time to answer questions, talk to you on the phone and/or text you. He is very good at what he does. Although we have not had a baby yet, I feel like he will not give up.
Be patient but know that Dr Jain is great.
We did 3 IUIs with letrozole. We did an egg retrieval with Menopur and Follustim. We did this twice. Our first egg retrieval we PGS tested our embryos and had 2 chromosomally normal embryos. We transferred one successfully as a frozen 5 Day embryo but lost the heart beat for unknown reasons at 10 weeks. I had to have a d&c and then a second d&c 6 weeks later for retained fetal tissue. Due to only having 1 PGS normal embryo remaining, we finally had another egg retrieval using the same protocol. This was delayed several months due to lining not thick enough, fluid in my uterus, etc. Our 2nd retrieval we got 3 normal PGS embryos leaving us with 4 total. For my first (somewhat successsful FET) we used estradiol. My subsequent FETs, my lining wasn’t thick enough with estradiol. We did 2 FETs with Tamoxifen. Lining was decent but both chemical pregnancies. This last FET we used Letrozole. Awaiting my beta tomorrow!
Many of the nurses are great! There is one nurse who is very disorganized with poor communication, but still worth going there.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a great clinic. State of the art facility with in house surgical suite and embryology lab. The embryologist are fantastic. The girl who draws blood is incredible. The only weakness is communication and organization at times. But I would recommend them to anyone!
$500 per IUI. About $18,000-$20,000 per IVF cycle, including the cost of meds. Plus some costs for routine appointments, d&cs etc. We have probably spent about $45,000 over the last year and a half.
I am 34. He will only transfer 1 embryo for me. Trust me, I’ve tried to get him to transfer 2

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain has gone above and beyond for me. My story is long but shows just how much Dr. Jain cares about his patients. I unfortunately experienced a very scary time while in his care. We had done an IUI which was unsuccessful and we’re told to take a break while we completed more genetic testing. I was found to be a carrier of spinal muscular atrophy and we needed to have my husband tested. Fortunately he was not a carrier and we were told we could try another round on IUI (6th total, 2nd with Dr. Jain) after another cycle since I would be out of the country for my next cycle. Well during this time we found out I was pregnant (with my third pregnancy). Dr. Jain did not wait and did an ultrasound immediately and discovered it was an ectopic. He treated it aggressively per my request but my ectopic continued to grow. Dr. Jain checked in on me via texting almost daily (even when he was out of town spending time with his family). I ended up in the ER one night thinking my tube had ruptured. Dr. Jain stayed on the phone with me till 11pm and called the ER doctor on call to make sure he was following the best plan of care and was trying to find childcare so he could rush to the hospital if I needed him. I fortunately did not need surgery but Dr. Jain called me the next morning To check in. He is amazing and made me feel at ease during a very scary time. We’ve discussed my options and both feel that IVF is the safest option for me at this point. I know we have sometime to wait for financial reasons but I would not have anyone else on my team for the next part of our journey! I feel very lucky to be under his care.
Dr. Jain has a dry sense of humor and can be very blunt. I appreciate this in a doctor but can understand how it may come off to others. Dr. Jain May check his phone during an appointment with you but after being on the other side of things, as a patient who needed his immediate attention, I can respect that and know that he is listening and making sure ALL of his patients are taken care of.
Clovis and IUI- I responded very well to both. Although I have experienced miscarriages I specifically asked to continue with IUI for a few more cycles Methotrexate- to treat my ectopic pregnancy. I wanted to avoid surgery and the loss of my tube at all costs.
The nurses are great! At times the communication could have been better but I ALWAYS got a quick call back and response from them when needed. They are all so caring and make you feel like you’re a real human and want the best for you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths- always find one for your appointments. They also have an amazing lab staff that is quick. Weakness- getting ahold of the front fest can be difficult at times. I wish they had longer Friday hours.
IUI- $500.00
Not sure yet- will learn more in the next few weeks.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jain] has wonderful bedside manner and is so kind... I did some IUIs and medicated timed intercourse cycled with him and during that time I felt like a number. I couldn't get answers to the questions that I had. However, when I went through the IVF process with him I felt like he put much more energy and care into my treatment plans...I feel like he sugarcoats things a little too much in order to make me feel like things are going to work out.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He has wonderful bedside manner and is so kind. However, sometimes I feel like he sugarcoats things a little too much in order to make me feel like things are going to work out. There are times when I wish he would just be blunt about my chances so I can set my expectations. He is always willing to answer all of my questions, but I sometimes feel bad keeping him because he seems so busy.
Ask questions. Do a lot of research and be prepared with a list of questions at each visit. He won't dig incredibly deep about certain situations (i.e. short cycles or endometriosis concerns) unless you ask him to.
IUI and timed intercourse cycles were done with Letrozole or Clomid and an HCG trigger shot. IVF was an antagonist protocol- birth control, Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, an HCG trigger shot, then progesterone in oil and Estrace leading up to a fresh transfer. My first attempt at a frozen transfer (it was cancelled due to lack of lining thickness) was done with Letrozole. The next frozen transfer he prescribed Tamoxifen to help build my lining, then an HCG trigger shot, progesterone in oil, and Estrace. I am currently in the two week wait after that FET. I have had all negative results up until now- no pregnancies. Tamoxifen did help to build my lining substantially.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen Strewing)
Betheen is fantastic. All of the nurses are very accessible via email and I love that. The one complaint that I have is that Betheen saw me through the first cycle, but then after that I was assigned to a new nurse (Angela- who I also liked) and then the next cycle, I was given a nurse that I had never met. I don't even know her name. She seemed new and not extremely knowledgeable yet. I have continued to email Angela if I have questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Always be prepared to wait. We've waited as little as 5 minutes or as long as 45. It just depends on how many people they are seeing at the same time. They're great with giving specific details on what you need to do or what you can expect and everyone is always extremely compassionate and friendly, from the nurses to the receptionist staff to the embryologists.
IVF is $8000. ICSI is $1500. PGS testing is $4500. Embryo freezing is $1000. IUIs are $500.
Yes- because of my age and our unexplained infertility diagnosis, he strongly suggested transferring only one.
Westerville

Dr. Jain was honest with me and presented information at a level that was appropriate for me. He was patient with my questions/concerns/preferences. I never felt rushed or like a bother. He was gentle with his exams and procedures. My husband was also confident and reassured by his knowledge and experience. We wouldn't hesitate to go back to him...Dr. Jain gave me his cellphone number to call if I needed. He also texted to check in on me after I had transitioned back to my OB during my pregnancy.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Wait times can be long, but his knowledge, compassion and expertise are worth it.
I had a few follistim plus IUI cycles while I was still breastfeeding. Every time I got great follicles, but never conceived. I had overstimulation with one combined follistim and clomid cycle, which I had to abandon due to risk for high order of multiples. I had a couple follistim plus Femara cycles where I again got good looking follicles but never conceived. Eventually I got pregnant in an off cycle as we were exploring the option of IVF. This is similar to the course I took in getting pregnant during an off cycle with my first child while I was seeing a different doctor in the same clinic. I had 7 failed treatment trials prior to each of my pregnancies.
Lynn was always my favorite. She always kept a positive attitude and helped me get back to my own provider after a bad visit with a partner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Small clinic so faces are familiar. Site is beautiful. Wait times can be long but understandable with unpredictable components of treatment cycles.
I think IUI is around $500. My insurance covered my visits and ultrasounds. My meds were purchased from a pharmacy recommended by the clinic.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Jain was our second opinion. I began to trust him during our consultation when he had suggested trying one more IUI (after 3 failed with a previous doctor), then did a baseline ultrasound he noticed a low antral follicle count. This had never been mentioned by my previous doctor, and I liked that Dr. Jain didn't immediately push IVF until he had more evidence....We used a high dose of Follistim and Menopur because he correctly predicted that my ovaries would be slow to respond
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain was our second opinion. I began to trust him during our consultation when he had suggested trying one more IUI (after 3 failed with a previous doctor), then did a baseline ultrasound he noticed a low antral follicle count. This had never been mentioned by my previous doctor, and I liked that Dr. Jain didn't immediately push IVF until he had more evidence. He speaks very quickly and is blunt sometimes, but we appreciate the honesty throughout the IVF process.
Although he is very blunt at times, he is honest and sets realistic expectations.
It takes some time to get a response to phone calls to the office, but responses through email or text are much faster
We used a high dose of Follistim and Menopur because he correctly predicted that my ovaries would be slow to respond. We used a Lupron trigger to reduce risk of OHSS. We expected 8-10 eggs and retrieved 8 mature eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Shannel)
The IVF coordinators go above and beyond by answering emails and texts after hours and on weekends.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
There is often a wait for your appointment time, but it is because the doctor spends extra time with patients when needed. The office is staff is friendly and welcoming. It took almost a week to get a return phone call for my initial appointment, but they were always very responsive once I was a patient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Gynecology.
Monitoring appointments are typically during certain morning hours, approximately between 8 and 9 am.
IVF plus one FET approximately 9,000 PGS 4,500 Meds 6,000
Dr. Jain recommended only transferring one embryo based on my age and the recommended standards.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Jain is a great communicator and is honest about treatment and success rates. He takes all the time with you at each visit that you would want. He’s up front, but also has a good sense of humor, which is important my husband and I. I wouldn’t want to see any other doctor!... Dr. Jain wanted us to immediately move into IVF and he was very clear as to why (MFI). He did take my thoughts into consideration and we did 3 rounds of IUI first with clomid and HCG.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come in with your thoughts and plan. He will have his recommendations but he always takes what you want into consideration.
He texts me to follow up, is entirely up front and honest. Makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you and your success
Dr. Jain wanted us to immediately move into IVF and he was very clear as to why (MFI). He did take my thoughts into consideration and we did 3 rounds of IUI first with clomid and HCG. He tested me and did ultrasound prior to each IUI to make sure that I was going to ovulate on the date of the IUI.
They are kind and always address me by name. It makes you feel comfortable and welcome during a difficult process. They were also very knowledgeable about treatment and billing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The front desk staff is very friendly. There is plenty to read in the waiting room and tv playing. The only weakness is how late sometimes they are for my appointment time. I do expect that at a doctors office though.
They accept my insurance, but normal is $500 for IUI and $14500 for IVF.
He does single transfer
Westerville

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Dr. Jain. I feel that he genuinely cares about me and being cautious but aggressive with treatment. I have complete confidence in his judgement and plan of treatment. The only shortcoming is that he seems rushed most of the time. It feels like he wants to get in and out. Questions need to be asked quickly...My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way...
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Ask questions throughout the office visit, do no wait until the end.
My treatment was tailored to me and how my body responded each step of the way.
Synthroid 50 mcg throughout treatment 2 rounds of chlomid 100 mg (timed intercourse) and 150 mg - no developing follicles and thin lining so switch to... 4 rounds letrozole 10 mg multiple developed and released follicles (timed intercourse each time) last 2 rounds had 4 follicles develop so decrease dose to... 1 (and counting) round of 7.5 mg letrozole with IUI (currently in 2 week wait)
Nurses always respond same day to phone calls. Very accommodating for appointment times, able to answer basic questions about treatment. They seem to have a lot on their plate but are always kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very upscale clinic with modern decor. Comfortable. Enough waiting space unless it is a very busy day. Separate entrance and small waiting area for andrology (you don't have to parade through the waiting room with a cup of semen).
My insurance covered everything so far except IUI which was $500
Westerville

Dr. Jain is very blunt, but I think that he actually cares, which is refreshing after my experience at ORM. A lot of people describe him as pretentious, but to me he just seems confident and that is reassuring for me. It is useful to be informed and go into an appointment with questions and not let him get off topic. He is ALWAYS at the clinic, I am not sure if he ever does anything but work. But he seems to really like his job and care about his patients.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be proactive, have questions ready.
Dr. Jain is very busy and doesn't have a lot of time to talk, but when I do have a conversation with him I feel that he cares.
He wants to try 2-3 more cycles of IUI with Letrozole and then talk about IVF.
It is nearly impossible to communicate with the nurses if you are not at the clinic. The nurses sometimes take a long time to respond to an email or call and then don't answer my questions fully or at all. The only thing that I miss about ORM is the nursing staff. Dr. Jain's nurses are kind and helpful in person, but completely unhelpful if I have to call or email.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has great people at the front desk and they have a lab on site which makes blood tests really easy. The aesthetic of the waiting room is in the Polaris overly-fancy ugly style, but there are not as many people as ORM and you feel like less of a number and more of a person. The nurses are great in person, not great with calls/emails.
I still have not received most of the bills.
10 IUI, IVF
Personalized care. [Dr. Jain] Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct...He provided individualized compassionate and direct patient care. Always listened to us had good suggestions and felt confident he could make our dream come true. I saw him for every visit and we didnt have to wait long. He gave his cell phone number so that I could directly text him with questions. He was friendly and thourough while still being blunt enough to not give you false hope.
10 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
To warn them he is direct because some patients like sugar coating
Personalized care. Followed up with us via text. Felt as if he was really trying to get us a baby. Understanding and direct
We did several iui with letrozole follistim combination because. We then did an egg retrieval followed by fresh transfer which resulted in a miscarriage. 9months later we did a frozen cycle and resulted in a healthy baby girl
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Betheen )
Very nice compassionate and patient
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Efficient clean friendly knowledgable. The lab is great as well as the success of ivf storage and treatment or embryos. They are getting busier so the wait time has invreased. But waiting room is nice and inviting
12k for ivf plus meds Embryo trAnsfer 3500k
Because of my age and history of miscarriage we did 2 embryos and he was ok with that

PCOS, Unexplained
While Dr Jain was personable I didn't feel like he emotionally understood my situation m. I felt like I was in need of answers and deeper understanding that I never received. Everything was very surface level....I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained. It's hard to pay so much money and still not end up with your ultimate goal.
Ask questions if you have them st your appointment.
I tried femara several cycles with timed intercourse without success. I then added 3 IUI cycles without success and also Clomid.
They seemed to be organized and on top of things but seemed to get frustrated if questions were asked or further explanation needed. Some were more personable than others but again they didn't seem to care personally.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is beautiful and well kept. It is a happy atmosphere for not happy appointments. Not ideal to be located right next to a pediatrician office as that is an emotional struggle as a patient.
$175 for ultrasound visits $400 IUI $90 trigger shot
Westerville

First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he [Dr. Akas Jain] was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
European, Other
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
Go in knowing that things may not be what you had planned and be ready to ask questions because they’re not going to take the time to explain it to you.
The office is very busy and it felt like they are behind. But the staff and physician appeared to remember me
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a busy office. I think they have high success rates therefore they have high traffic and don’t take the time to individualize you and your process. They have poor communication through departments and back to the patient.
8,000.00 blanket price for IVF
Westerville

Dr Jain remembers details of my life and aspects important to my care without me having to remind him. He genuinely cares about his patients....Dr. Jain has always been honest and upfront with us. He answers ours questions directly/bluntly but also with compassion. He always makes me Feel at ease. I have issues with my cervix which makes IUI and other procedures more difficilt than normal. He always takes his time and makes sure I am Comfortable.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come to your appt with specific questions I had a Million of them and he took the time to answer each one.
Compassionate, respectful, able to answer questions thoroughly
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall we are very happy with the clinic. Strengths: friendly, compassionate, care about privacy. Only weakness is it is hard to get in touch via telephone... I always have to leave a message. Someone does always call back the same day.
Westerville

He [Dr. Akas Jain] does seem to be in a rush alot of times....He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge...His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion...Just ask for a little of his patience...Dr Jain is an awesome dr...Just ask for a little of his patience
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very good as far as explaining and knowledge. He does seem to be in a rush alot of times. His bedside manner is a little cold. Dr Jain is very straight forward and to the point. I really wouldn't change anything except maybe a little more compassion.
Just ask for a little of his patience
Dr Jain always seems in a rush.
Follistim 225 menopur 75 for 10 days cetrotide the last few days and 5000 hcg for trigger
The easiest way to get ahold of the nurses is email, they are friendly and willing to help
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I overall enjoyed the experience. They could work on their communication a little. Shanell and Jenna are the absolute sweetest! Dr Jain is an awesome dr. The office is clean and inviting. Being able to.do all procedures in office is very convenient.

PCOS, Unexplained
H [Dr. Jain] sat with me, answered my questions and had a plan very quickly....He was friendly and funny, but was distracted when we when in for the ultrasound, sending a text message without explanation or apology. He didn't acknowledge the discomfort of the procedure, but was very open with results, and reassuring of the findings....Be prepared for a blunt experience, but he is friendly, open and honest. You won't feel like a number- he remembers his patients.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He sat with me, answered my questions and had a plan very quickly. His office staff are terrific, very compassionate and friendly.
Clomid, timed intercourse, ultrasounds. Plan for IUI.
The nurses explained options, testing and what to expect. They were kind and friendly, compassionate and genuine.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Scheduling is easy, everything is explained up front, and they are very aware of how to work with insurance companies. The staff are terrific, and available to answer questions readily. I felt seen and valued, and felt I could ask questions as needed.
Each IUI cycle is $500 and IVF is approximately $19000.

7 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Akas Jain] is very smart and goes above and beyond with each patient! He is very thorough reviewing your test results and retesting to ensure he has the best results. He is very straight forward and honest with your diagnosis. The honesty is much appreciated.... I started with my hysterscopy and it want as bad as what I expected. I am now on birth control waiting to have my baseline appointment
7 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is very smart and goes above and beyond with each patient! He is very thorough reviewing your test results and retesting to ensure he has the best results. He is very straight forward and honest with your diagnosis. The honesty is much appreciated.
He is upfront and honest
Dr Join is upfront and honest. Very smart doctor!
They reply very promptly
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Very clean and proffesional. The rooms were clean and tidy. The waiting room was clean and comfy. I especially thought the decor was interesting! The staff was very professional and friendly. They helped make your experience less stressful !
Total cost with medication and lots of bells and whistles for the ivf.........$13,000
No comment. We are ejecting for single transfer
IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Personalized care. Able to banter ideas with Dr Jain...He took the time to review my charts from the previous doctor then developed a plan. We were involved and asked a lot of questions which he answered and was very honest - even if it was something I didn’t want to hear. He didn’t sugar coat anything...Ask a lot of questions- he will answer them honestly...
IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Ask a lot of questions- he will answer them honestly
Personalized care. Able to banter ideas with Dr Jain
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is very nice and clean. Updated decor, comfortable lighting and new equipment. Friendly staff. Lab on site. Weakness is that since they are a great facility they can be busy, but typically running on time
We paid a lot out of pocket as we had exhausted insurance money

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I feel Dr Jain takes time to know you and your history. He remembers key details about previous cycles. He also gets to know you as a person and asks about /takes interest details in our personal hobbies, work etc...After seeing another specialist, Dr Jain reviewed all my paperwork to have a good discussion regarding next steps with my husband and me. He’s always been kind, compassionate and has great bedside manner.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He may appear arrogant at times, but he really knows his stuff
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This clinic is very nice and clean. Appears to have up to date equipment. It’s nice there is a LabCorp on site to get bloodwork completed ASAP. It is busy, but runs on schedule. If behind at all they apologize for the wait.
Westerville

He's [Dr. Akas Jain] very thorough, wants everything to be perfect to get the best results. Will not cut corners or go forward with retrieval/ transfer unless he thinks everything is perfect. Truly cares about achieving the best results possible for his patients.... Used the highest dose for Stims that he could due to my diminished ovarian reserve.... The staff is Friendly, easy to get into, always see your own doctor, not a long wait time during appointments. Billing can be somewhat confusing. Nurse communicates by email which can be difficult at times but also convenient at times.
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He's very thorough, wants everything to be perfect to get the best results. Will not cut corners or go forward with retrieval/ transfer unless he thinks everything is perfect. Truly cares about achieving the best results possible for his patients.
Ask questions
Dr Jain remembered personal things about me
Very nice, sometimes seemed rushed
Westerville

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jain] is amazingly knowledgeable and passionate in what he does. He treats patients with respect and compassion. His staff respects him and treat his patients just as he does. He takes adequate time at each visit and explains and answers all questions asked. I would highly recommend him to others going through similar struggles.... RGI was highly organized and passionate clinic. They all seem to have a common goal, to bring patients the family
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
He is amazingly knowledgeable and passionate in what he does. He treats patients with respect and compassion. His staff respects him and treat his patients just as he does. He takes adequate time at each visit and explains and answers all questions asked. I would highly recommend him to others going through similar struggles.
He is amazing!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI was highly organized and passionate clinic. They all seem to have a common goal, to bring patients the family that they have hoped, prayed and longed for...some for years upon years. The office setting is comfortable. The staff is caring and knowledgeable and all patients are highly respected.
Cost with any infertility can be costly and unfortunately we have no coverage for this treatment. As for the area it was an average cost.