U. of Albany

540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333

Treated 2018 - 2019
Jain thought I was ovulating too early but it took 2 courses before he even tested my blood to confirm ... I had to call to request a redraw to compare numbers ... Each time we requested timed intercourse he would follow up with the next visit asking "so are we doing an IUI yet?" ... I felt like I was not heard. ... After that miscarriage he had his nurse call to say I just needed to do IVF. No compassion. very disappointed. will not be returning.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is nice inside. Rooms are standard and comfortable. Easy to find offices and lab. would prefer it not be right next to a pediatric office. The front desk staff is not always the nicest but the nurses are great. ... I was told their billing is usually a month or 2 behind. ... Nursing staff is incredible. Always took their time to answer my questions and got back to me in a timely manner
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain is very straightforward which can be good. he don't sugar coat anything. He also shows not much compassion nor does he seem to want to waste time. Jain thought I was ovulating too early but it took 2 courses before he even tested my blood to confirm , I expressed I didn't feel like I was ovulating early due to my ovulation kit. I had to call to request a redraw to compare numbers, he didn't seem to be concerned to think about that himself. After our initial consult he diagnosed me with Low ovarian reserve and pushed us on an IUI right off the start. We left with so many questions that he didn't address or take time to explain what my diagnosis meant. we had a positive pregnancy test after our second round of Clomid with him, we miscarried and was told we could have more testing done to find causes of miscarriages since this was our third. After that miscarriage he had his nurse call to say I just needed to do IVF. No compassion. very disappointed. will not be returning.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
know he is pushy, if you are not prepared to start IUI or IVF right off the start then he will not take you as a patient seriously.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Jain was very direct right off the bat wich is fine, he's very blunt. That being said we felt that he was pushing us towards IUI and IVF right off the bat. Each time we requested timed intercourse he would follow up with the next visit asking "so are we doing an IUI yet?" I felt since we were not doing the more expensive procedures that he did not want to waste time with us. I felt like I was not heard. I would have to ask for blood work to confirm ovulation and also call and ask for a follow up to compare the number to. He never seemed concerned to do it on his own.
Describe the protocols Akas Jain used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
we did 50mg of Clomid and times intercourse. That is what we were comfortable with and could afford at the time. It only made sense to us at the time to not waste money on IUI's when we were getting pregnant naturally but miscarrying. we want to try to find a cause for them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is nice inside. Rooms are standard and comfortable. Easy to find offices and lab. would prefer it not be right next to a pediatric office. The front desk staff is not always the nicest but the nurses are great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology.
our co pay for each visit was $40. we have yet to receive a bill other wise. I was told their billing is usually a month or 2 behind.
Treated 2015 - 2016
While Dr Jain was personable I didn't feel like he emotionally understood my situation m. I felt like I was in need of answers and deeper understanding that I never received. Everything was very surface level....I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained.
The clinic [Repro Gyn] is beautiful and well kept. It is a happy atmosphere for not happy appointments. Not ideal to be located right next to a pediatrician office as that is an emotional struggle as a patient...[Nursing staff] They seemed to be organized and on top of things but seemed to get frustrated if questions were asked or further explanation needed. Some were more personable than others but again they didn't seem to care personally....
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
I felt like Dr. Jain knew what he was doing but did at times feel like a number and not a patient. He was friendly and easy going but didn't seem to connect with me on a deeper level which was hard when you are emotionally, physically and even financially being drained. It's hard to pay so much money and still not end up with your ultimate goal.
Ask questions if you have them st your appointment.
I tried femara several cycles with timed intercourse without success. I then added 3 IUI cycles without success and also Clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is beautiful and well kept. It is a happy atmosphere for not happy appointments. Not ideal to be located right next to a pediatrician office as that is an emotional struggle as a patient.
$175 for ultrasound visits $400 IUI $90 trigger shot
Describe Akas Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.

Treated 2017 - 2018
First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he [Dr. Akas Jain] was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
This [Reproductive Gynecology] is a busy office. I think they have high success rates therefore they have high traffic and don’t take the time to individualize you and your process. They have poor communication through departments and back to the patient.... The office is very busy and it felt like they are behind. But the staff and physician appeared to remember me
How was your experience with Akas Jain at Reproductive Gynecology?
First appointment was terrible. Did not explain what he was looking at during the initial transvaginal ultrasound. No education was provided and so I didn’t know how to handle my text results. He went on vacation without notifying me and I was supposed to start and IVF cycle. And then never called me back (not sure if it was poor nurse to physician communication).
Go in knowing that things may not be what you had planned and be ready to ask questions because they’re not going to take the time to explain it to you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a busy office. I think they have high success rates therefore they have high traffic and don’t take the time to individualize you and your process. They have poor communication through departments and back to the patient.
8,000.00 blanket price for IVF
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology?