Medical SchoolNew York Med Col
ResidencyYale
FellowshipMount Sinai
635 Madison Avenue
212-756-5777
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alan Copperman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He [Dr. Alan Copperman] suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman was extremely warm and understanding when I met with him during my initial consult. He was happy to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. He was realistic but not an alarmist. He also understood my mental and emotional state. I had come to him after my second chemical pregnancy in the 10 months I had been trying. He didn't initially propose the most aggressive course of treatment, but set my expectations as to when I should pursue those options. He did my IUI, and saw me during what was apparently a more critical monitoring session, and then was there to discharge me on my last visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Come in prepared to ask questions! He is really smart and moves quickly, but if you have questions, he is really patient, thorough and informative. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I expected to see a different doctor every time I went to the office based on the review that I saw. I did see a few others, but Dr Copperman did my IUI, and saw me for 1-2 monitoring appointments as well as my last visit during which I was discharged. The nurses and staff are so friendly - Leyla and Jordyn (his nurses) are always available over email - they are friendly, informative and their responses are personalized.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla, Jordyn)
Leyla and Jordyn were awesome! I think they both sensed how nervous I was so they always called w/ my results within a few hours of my morning visits. I often wrote them emails with questions about my results or symptoms I was experiencing, and they both wrote back immediately everything - they were very helpful and reassuring. Both were a really calming influence and amazing resource during my time at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Including the frozen sperm, the IUI cost less than $1000. Each visit with bloodwork and an ultrasound would be about $40 after insurance.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
4 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Copperman is very knowledgeable in the field and seems to be on top of trends in the industry. In terms of personality, he is very robotic and difficult to engage. Over the course of treatment (including 3 transfers), he was seen only for the first...Dr. Copperman is exceedingly more of a researcher than a warm and caring doctor...Dr. Copperman also would not consider natural cycle for FET.
4 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is exceedingly more of a researcher than a warm and caring doctor. If you want warmth, compassion and a relationship, I’d go elsewhere.
RMA is a factory, simply put. This isn’t entirely bad, as they seem to know what they are doing (for the most part) - but you will not be treated as an individual really in any way.
Treatment protocols for egg retrievals were never changed or personalized, despite diminishing number of eggs retrieved each cycle as age increased. Dr. Copperman also would not consider natural cycle for FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara)
As is the case with large practices, nurse staff quality ranges. We’ve had some very positive interactions and help from nurses, and then some major major oversights and multiple miscommunications in terms of medication instructions that we had to catch ourselves.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a factory - again, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it does mean you won’t get personalized care and you MUST stay on top of your own treatment and be your own advocate. There were multiple oversights in terms of my care and I was tested for things (that could have negatively impacted treatment success and turns out I had) only because I insisted on doing so.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were typically smoothly run. They could get be crowded depending on the day, but most of all it was as positive an experience as possible.
IVF was not covered by insurance so costs were high - around $20,000 for egg retrivel and $4,000 for FET.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Copperman is an exceptional doctor and knows what he is doing. I trust hime with my medical care and although it has taken us awhile he is always ready to keep trying. However, he is not warm and fuzzy and this has been hard for us at times when we needed a bit of encouragement. He is very much a scientist reflecting on data and analysis to determine best course of treatment.... It can also be hard to get an appt with him as he is VERY busy so sometimes it seems that you speak via the nurses to him versus hearing your plan straight from your doctor.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an exceptional doctor and knows what he is doing. I trust hime with my medical care and although it has taken us awhile he is always ready to keep trying. However, he is not warm and fuzzy and this has been hard for us at times when we needed a bit of encouragement. He is very much a scientist reflecting on data and analysis to determine best course of treatment. I can't complain because we have so far gotten the results we wanted. So his system must work. It can also be hard to get an appt with him as he is VERY busy so sometimes it seems that you speak via the nurses to him versus hearing your plan straight from your doctor. RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm.
Ask a lot of questions so that you feel informed of what the next steps are. Dr Copperman has alot of statistics and that helped me make decisions as to do IUI or IVF. In that way he is super helpful on what success rate of each procedure is.
RMA is very effecient and is able to see alot of patients at same time. Some of the nurses that you get to know are quite generous and warm and then you feel like a human. However, you rarely speak with your doctor unless you catch him during monitoring hours - so that makes you feel like a number.
Egg retrievals worked best for me when I took birth control pill for 1 month and then started menopur, follistum, and lupron. For FET I was on estradial pills, vaginal e-ring, and estrogen patch, and progesterone in oil via injection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordan)
There were a few nurses that worked with Dr Copperman that would connect with you re results or directions for special procedures. They were all very upbeat, positive, warm, and excellent communicators. I really enjoy speaking with them. The rest of the nursing staff that took your blood is also very warm, efficient at taking your blood quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm which is nice because you don't always get to do procedures with your doctor. It is also great that they call you with results / directions and then email them as well so you don't have to be worried if you didn't catch everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was a well oiled machine. If we got there early enough it didn't ruin our day. And since there are locations all over the city it felt quite easy. And then we would treat ourselves for a nice breakfast before work.
About $13000 per egg retrieval / $3500 for FET transfer. $2000 PGSD for testing
Dr Copperman would only transfer 1 embryo. He said statistically 1 embryo transfer is more successful and is safer for baby and mother. We went in originally wanting to transfer two embryos so we were a bit disappointed to hear he would only transfer one. However, we only have a few embryos so I think this route is much better for us health wise and strategically.
NY - Eastside
I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal...He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Very knowledge and I felt 100% confident in his abilities. He is very fixed on his way which seems to work. He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
Talk about the risks of multiple cycles to your body? Having had 8 cycles I do worry that I'd doing long term damage to myself. Also PGS - is it really really worth it? What if you're throwing away good embryos - what is the risk of that?
Direct but honest and caring
Antagonist for 2 cycles. I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire)
The organisation at the clinic is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinical strength of the team and also having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient but it is a cattle call and horrible on the weekend when everyone decends on this clinic. I hated that
$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo which is very reasonable)
1 as we only had 1 at this clinic so wasn't an option to transfer more
NY - Eastside
In June, he [Dr. Alan Copperman] told us we would be pregnant by Thanksgiving. We then went through two rounds of egg retrievals, neither of which resulted in any viable embryos to test for the genetic disease and freeze. His only change between round 1 and 2 was to bump up the hormones - no additional testing for any unknown factors that caused the issues. When the 2nd egg retrieval didn't work, he treated us like we were the problem and left me wondering if I had unknown fertility issues.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
My husband and I came to see Dr. Copperman because we had both tested as carriers for a genetic disease. In June, he told us we would be pregnant by Thanksgiving. We then went through two rounds of egg retrievals, neither of which resulted in any viable embryos to test for the genetic disease and freeze. His only change between round 1 and 2 was to bump up the hormones - no additional testing for any unknown factors that caused the issues. When the 2nd egg retrieval didn't work, he treated us like we were the problem and left me wondering if I had unknown fertility issues. We switched to another doctor and I'm now pregnant after one very successful round of IVF, with four frozen embryos to spare. So clearly, the problem wasn't with me. I recognize this is all a bit magic, a bit of a crapshoot, but to have my IVF doctor treat me like an annoyance for not performing the way he assumed I would is really the icing on the cake of an already extremely rough experience.
I would get a second opinion.
RMA is a cattle call. The office is always packed and appointments never take place on time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
I was assigned a coordinator of Dr. Copperman. She was lovely and very helpful and communicative, but because I was never given contact info for Dr. Copperman, she was a poor substitute in the moments when I really needed to speak to my doctor. Also, the nursing team in general had terrible bedside manner. When all our embryos failed after an egg retrieval, a nurse left me a voicemail on a Saturday morning to inform me. When I called back, I was told she didn't think Dr. Copperman could speak to me until Monday. I only got a call back from Dr. Copperman after expressing the fact that that was an unacceptable response. There's a real lack of care towards patients here that is felt especially when the news is bad.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a cattle call. Appointments are never on time and trying to get through on the phone is just as stressful - you're guaranteed to listen to a lot of hold music. They are also very shady about billing practices. My husband was going somewhere with Zika before an egg retrieval, so we had him freeze sperm in advance, just in case. When he returned, Zika-free, and we proceeded with the transfers with fresh sperm, we assumed the frozen sperm had been thrown out, since no one told us otherwise. Six months after we stopped going to RMA, we received a $500 bill for the storage of the sperm. We are still trying to untangle this mess, both in terms of paying the bill and also making sure they stop storing his sperm, and it's now been 8 months since we left the practice. The finance team has been nothing but rude and lacking in compassion this entire process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call. Getting there really early was the best way to avoid a very long wait.
NY - Eastside
I thought he [Dr. Alan Copperman] and his team were unethical because they kept pushing for procedures and tests that seem unnecessary- he looked at my blood reports and ultrasound and told me that I needed aggressive fertility treatment immediately-that while there was no bad news there was no good news either. I'd been referred by my obgyn who told me that even though my results were excellent (he said "your numbers are that of a woman 10 years younger") he couldn't determine why I hadn't conceived after trying for 3 months and if I wanted I should speak to a fertility specialist to explore my options.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I thought he and his team were unethical because they kept pushing for procedures and tests that seem unnecessary- he looked at my blood reports and ultrasound and told me that I needed aggressive fertility treatment immediately-that while there was no bad news there was no good news either. I'd been referred by my obgyn who told me that even though my results were excellent (he said "your numbers are that of a woman 10 years younger") he couldn't determine why I hadn't conceived after trying for 3 months and if I wanted I should speak to a fertility specialist to explore my options.
Find another doctor.
Alan recommended 3 rounds of Clomid with IUI and then IVF with embryo freezing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn)
The nursing staff are bored and disorganized and almost always rude. They don't answer questions and aren't always up to date on the information that they provide.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's a factory. Be prepared to be told you're infertile and only they can help.The nurses were mostly rude and unresponsive to questions. I was in touch with two of them via email- one of them wouldn't respond to my emails or phone calls and then would lie about having left me VMs. It was a very unpleasant experience.
2500 IUI and genetic testing covered by insurance
Endometriosis, Unexplained
After our first less-than-ideal egg retrieval, Dr. Copperman called us to discuss what went wrong and what we needed to change to improve our chances if we were to try again...Dr. Copperman does things quickly. He talks fast, he moves through visits very quickly. It was a little dizzying the first visit, but you get used to the pace. Despite that, he always responds to my emails, usually with a phone call. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him, but he is efficient.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman does things quickly. He talks fast, he moves through visits very quickly. It was a little dizzying the first visit, but you get used to the pace. Despite that, he always responds to my emails, usually with a phone call. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him, but he is efficient. He's not going to chat about the weather. I believe he listens to me and respects that I know a lot about my own body. I am still currently in treatment, so I can't say if he has helped us achieve our goals yet, but I feel confident that he will. Or he will at least do his very best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to reach out if there's something you want to discuss. It's a big clinic, so it may feel like you aren't getting personal attention. But I always got responses to my calls or emails usually on the same day or the day after.
After our first less-than-ideal egg retrieval, Dr. Copperman called us to discuss what went wrong and what we needed to change to improve our chances if we were to try again. He followed up a few days after we learned that all of our embryos had arrested to make sure we were doing okay. I really appreciated that he was concerned for our well-being.
The nurses always were very thorough when giving me the daily instructions and would email me with written instructions so I was never confused about how much medicine I needed to admister each day. They returned my calls promptly and usually responded to emails within a day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's a large clinic, and it could get very busy in the mornings. While the wait could last up to 40 minutes, they were very efficient once they saw you. The ladies that did the blood draws were very warm and friendly. I would recomend arriving at the clinic right at 7 if you need to be at work before 9. If you are more flexible with time, arriving closer to 8:30 always worked well for me. By then, most of the morning rush had cleared out.
Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
During monitoring sessions, the interaction with Dr Copperman was brief but he aligned my monitoring days to his rostered days so I was able to see him....His operating bedside manner was great - positive, empathetic, focused....not every in-person interaction with Dr Copperman is consistent but it was always great when it really counted....Dr Copperman was brilliant where and when it counted. I think he assumed certain knowledge
Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
See previous comment and below. Dr Copperman was brilliant where and when it counted. I think he assumed certain knowledge - perhaps because he knows I had been through multiple cycles in the past or perhaps because his nursing team should have briefed me - certain things weren’t explained very well to me and caused me days of anxiety needlessly. This may be a comment more appropriate for the clinic...?
Ask all your questions at your initial consult or email him directly if you aren’t getting the answers from the nursing team or from him during monitoring sessions. Appeal and request his attendance at procedures directly to Dr Copperman and also have the nursing team note he request so it’s in the system as well.
The good and not so good: Not so good: During monitoring sessions, the interaction with Dr Copperman was brief but he aligned my monitoring days to his rostered days so I was able to see him. I only figured this out towards the end of my retrieval cycle - I would not have gone to RMANY west for monitoring if I had known this from the start. He didn’t really address my questions well during the monitoring sessions. The good/great: Twice, I wrote an email to Dr Copperman with some late night anxieties / questions. One was on Thanksgiving Day. On both occasions, he wrote back same day, answering my questions without making me feel like I was hassling him or asking stupid questions. I was surprised to find out that you may not necessarily get your Dr for your retrieval / transfer procedures - that it just depended on whose day your procedures happened to fall. This was not the case at the other clinics (in LA and Australia) where the default was your Dr would operate unless they were on leave. I made a request to the clinic and directly to dr Copperman and both times, he said he would do his best to move things around and both times, he turned up!! For my retrieval, I’m pretty sure he really did move his schedule as they told me that I had another Dr while I was in the waiting room ... and then dr Copperman showed up! His operating bedside manner was great - positive, empathetic, focused. In summary, not every in-person interaction with Dr Copperman is consistent but it was always great when it really counted.
Retrieval stim: gonal-f, luprolide, menopur Trigger shot: ovidrel Transfer: estradiol, progesterone shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
My primary nurse was appalling. Never picked up the phone, voice was always monotone and answers seemed almost scripted. Other nurses I saw during monitoring or happened to be connected to on the phone were much better - much more informative, compassionate, patient, responsive. It’s a shame that my primary nurse was so unhelpful - a better nurse could’ve answered my questions more directly, prevented my anxieties and me reaching out to Dr Copperman.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Finance department was not great. Not responsive unless they were calling you for payment. Inflexible and not informed / empowered to deal with non-standard requests. Monitoring was efficient and well run. The old ladies who do bloods at RMANY east clinic are amazing - barely felt anything! I prayed one of the two ladies called my name! Cycle coordinators: briefly dealt with One (Dr Mukherjee’s) who was super organised and communicative. I wish she had kept my case. But I changed Drs after one consult (incidentally, the transfer was smooth) and Dr Copperman’s cycle coordinator was not organised, not a good communicator and not very responsive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Always busy but if you get there for the start of monitoring hours, I was out within 30minutes. East was quicker than west side clinic. If you want to see a nurse, that can take a while to wait. Otherwise, bloods and US were quick.
Dr. Copperman recommended a single transfer with chromosome testing. In the end we only had one good tested embryo to transfer anyway.
6 IUI, 6 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
at 42 I was at my last attempt to try to get pregnant and needed a doctor who could give me an honest, realistic assessment of our chances. Dr Copperman immediately took the time to get to know us, who we were, and what we had been going through...I did a fairly aggressive protocol in terms of the dose of medication, I had one retrieval and I did PGS on the embryos. I then did a frozen transfer of the PGS day 5 tested embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby girl
6 IUI, 6 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman is amazing. Truly the best. I feel like I can give a very fair accurate assessment of him because I can compare him to 3 other doctors I did IVF treatments with as well as many others I did consultations with. Dr Copperman took the time to really get to know us and understand everything we had been trying before him to get pregnant. He thoroughly explained his approach and showed us the science and data behind our chances based on our stats which I found very helpful. He was so incredibly warm, supportive but also informed and incredibly knowledgeable. He was with us every step of the way, always available to me by phone or e-mail and ensured that we knew what was coming, he was there for all of my procedures, retrieval and transfer. I truly felt like he partners with us and wanted this for us just as much as we did. I continue to stay in touch with Dr. Copperman, my beautiful daughter has met him and I knew his joy to meet one of his babies and hold her in his arms!
Go see him today! Don't wait. I truly believe he is the best IVF doctor and has the best lab, clinic and team.
From the moment we walked into RMA we were treated SO well. We had been through 3 different doctors and other clinics and at 42 I was at my last attempt to try to get pregnant and needed a doctor who could give me an honest, realistic assessment of our chances. Dr Copperman immediately took the time to get to know us, who we were, and what we had been going through. He educated us, gave us an honest assessment of our chances and made us feel like real partners with him on our pregnancy journey.
I don't recall the details but I did a fairly aggressive protocol in terms of the dose of medication, I had one retrieval and I did PGS on the embryos. I then did a frozen transfer of the PGS day 5 tested embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby girl
Jordyn was an amazing nurse!! She was always available to answer any question, was through, warm, friendly and compassionate. I loved working with her and still keep in touch with her! A+mazing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA as a whole was incredible. Everything from the front desk, to the lab, nurses and doctors were amazing. I always felt like they knew who I was, was met with a smile and encouraging words and support.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring appointments were very smooth and quick. They have monitoring hours but its w ell oiled machine and the wait wasn't very long. Much better than other places in the city.
They were very competitive and I felt like I was paying the right amount, I wasn't being over charged and I knew what to expect up front.
My doctor said I really needed to do PGS to test my embryos primarily due to my age and it being the best safest way to proceed. I only had one healthy embryo so that's all we transferred and discussed given the circumstance.
NY - Eastside
I felt like a number because this Dr. [Copperman] only seemed to show compassion when it came to deciding to do my IVF with him. He was not willing to listen to my ideas of things to do differently this round since I had 2 failed IVFs prior to him. He seemed stubborn on his ways to repeat the same medications like my previous IVFs just at a lower dose...He never called to apologize about my miscarriage which I found hurtful.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
When I met this dr he was very nice and looked into my eyes saying " I will get you pregnant." This doctor is pretty set in his ways and is not open to patient suggestions. Ive had several failed IVFS prior to seeing him so I knew what to expect. I have a tendency to make many eggs and embryos and they all arrest. He basically did the same IVF stim cycle as my previous dr and just lowered the medication dose a bit. He did not take my MTHFR seriously and said I do not need to take baby aspirin or lovenox. I ended up getting 2 poor quality but PGD tested normal embryos with him. They only made it to blast on day 6 and 7. He only let me transfer one and it stuck! I had to ask him to check my thyroid levels which he neglected to check and they were high! I had to start medication immediately since I was currently pregnant but it takes over a month for the medication to work. I ended up miscarrying. My progesterone levels were on the lower side and he didn't seem to care. He never called to apologize about my miscarriage which I found hurtful. I felt like I slid between the cracks because I look young and he probably figured it would be an easy cycle. I will never forget when I asked him why I miscarried a normal embryo and he answered " you are just unlucky".
To be your own advocate because he does not look at everything and important testing numbers get neglected.
I felt like a number because this Dr. only seemed to show compassion when it came to deciding to do my IVF with him. He was not willing to listen to my ideas of things to do differently this round since I had 2 failed IVFs prior to him. He seemed stubborn on his ways to repeat the same medications like my previous IVFs just at a lower dose. I did get pregnant but my baby stopped growing at 5 1/2 weeks. He had to induce a miscarriage using cytomel and it was pretty traumatizing. When I asked why did this PGD normal embryo stop growing he answered " you are just unlucky". I will NEVER forget that.
We used Gonal F 150 mg, menopur, ganirelix and a HCG/Lupron dual trigger to avoid hyperstimulation. I ended up with 22 eggs, 13 mature, 2 made it to blast but only on day 6 and 7. They were biopsied and PGD tested and then were frozen. I did a FET that following month which resulted in an unexplained miscarriage.
Some nurses were really nice. Jordan was the most compassionate nurse when delivering news on the phone. Leyla was the complete opposite and made me cry even more because of how she delivered sensitive information. She was very cold and uncaring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a factory setting clinic. There is often very long waits during monitoring. Do not expect to see your doctor during monitoring visits. The doctors were all pleasant overall but I prefer seeing my own doctor throughout this process which was impossible. You also need to be on top of you test results..etc because they forget to call you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA had a few locations throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan where you can do monitoring. The Manhattan offices were like a cattle call. I once was in the waiting room for almost 2 hours! the Brooklyn office is a little less of a wait because its a smaller office.
My IVF was not covered by insurance so the medications, egg retrieval, PGD testing, and FET was around $25,000.
My dr. strongly suggested transferring only 1 embryo because it was PGD tested normal. I had 2 embryos that were poor quality but both PGD normal and he refused to transfer both. I ended up miscarrying one. I have not transferred the other yet.
2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Over all I liked Dr. Copperman, I do wish I saw him more. His bed side manner is decent, although he can have a bit of a sarcastic way about him which can be good for some and bad for others. He used a different protocol than my previous doctor which I liked and seemed more appropriate for someone my age dealing with diminishing ovarian reserves.
2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. He sees a lot of patients and can be very quick during a monitoring appointments and can make it hard to get your questions asked and it can feel a little rushed.
I really struggled with my experience at RMA. I really liked Dr. Copperman when I met with him so I knew going in he knew what he was doing. After the initial one on one meeting, nothing about the experience was personal. I almost never saw my own doctor, i always seemed to speak to a different nurse, and overall communication with the nurses was poor. The most obvious reason why i felt like a number was the atmosphere of the clinic, it has a "herding cattle" atmosphere. There are always at least 20 people in the waiting room if not 40.
Dr. Copperman used something called the short protocol with me for the cycle. This adds in a medicine called luperon which helps your brain to naturally produce FSH. Since I am considered to be young in the fertility world, he said this protocol can be very successful as my body can be very receptive. In addition to the Luperon I also took menopur and follistim. The short protocol also doesn't require estrogen beforehand or ovulation tracking. I was also put on the pill for two weeks before my cycle to jump start my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Maya)
My coordinator was overall good. She was good at communicating besides a few times when she didn't respond to my email and I had to follow up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Besides the great doctors that work there, there arent too many strengths to the clinic. Although this may not seem important, this really bothered me during my treatment - the office staff and even some nurses dressed very inappropriately for a doctors office setting. They did not represent the clinic well and it was hard to take many of the seriously. The clinic is always always crowded. I was actually surprised how quickly they get people in and out. I did really enjoy the women who did the blood tests, they were all warm and friendly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There was a window of time in the morning which was nice in a way since I didn't have to miss work. They are very quick and on average would probably spend 15 min waiting which wasn't terrible considering how many people were waiting.
treatment for embryo freezing was $12,000 plus the cost of meds
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I felt like he [Dr. Copperman] understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances...In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I saw Dr Copperman after working with another clinic that couldn't give me a reason for why my cycle didn't work. I wasn't really planning on doing another IVF cycle, but I agreed to go for a consultation with him. At that first meeting, he was able to tell me why he thought the first cycle didn't work, and what he would do differently. He seemed sure that he could get me pregnant. We ended up doing several cycles with him. Each time something didn't work, he tweaked. I thought he would want us to go to donor egg after the first failed cycle, but he didn't. The fact that I had low ovarian reserves didn't scare him, and he was willing to keep trying new protocols. In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
Be willing to ask questions, and try new protocols if the first one doesn't work
While the clinic is very large, I felt like he understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances. When you are sitting in the waiting room though, it can feel a little bit like you are a number.
First cycle - Lupron Flare. Birth Control Pills to shut off my natural cycle, then low dose of lupron. Follistrum and menopure were used to stimulate ovaries. Trigger shot of orvidrel. This cycle was cancelled prior to retrieval, because I only had one follicle. It was suspected that the birth control pills suppressed me too much. 2nd cycle - antagonist with Clomid added. This was my best cycle - 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized. We transferred 2 good quality 3 day embryos. I got pregnant with a singleton, but ended up loosing the baby at 25 weeks gestation due to early onset preeclampsia and growth restriction. 3rd cycle - antagonist with clomid. 2 eggs retrieved, 1mature. Nothing fertilized. 4th cycle - antagonist with estrogen patches to try and prime my overies. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 2 transferred. I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Theresa/Dara)
For my own cycles my coordinator was Theresa. She was open to questions (I emailed her all the time) and she responded in a timely manner. For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call. Dr Copperman didn't do any of my procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were 7:00 - 8:30. You could show up anytime during those hours. The earlier you got there, the shorter the wait. On occasion I went to the Long Island offices. There monitoring hours were 8 am - 10 am and there was rarely a wait.
$11,000 for cycle $2500 for ICSY I believe there was a few for the anesthesiologist as well but I don't remember how much. Donor cycle $21,000 for shared, $28,000 for non-shared.
He did not push for single embryo transfers based on my DOR, embryo quality, and the fact that we wanted to transfer more than one.
2 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor
2 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
We successfully conceived our first baby under Dr. Copperman and his team's care. We chose him as our doctor based on a friend's recommendation as well as personal research of his background/qualities. Dr. Copperman's knowledge and dedication to his patients' needs and plan is remarkable. We never once doubted his plan for us, as he was very confident in what would ultimately work for us. Despite not seeing Dr. Copperman at every monitoring appointment, we trusted his team of doctors. Since all the RMA doctors work very closely together, we knew we were in good hands. He was very realistic and honest, which was an aspect we really appreciated. I remember the exact appointment when he told me that "why go through a third failed IUI, when I expect that you will be pregnant by your 1st IVF cycle." Despite how hard it was to hear certain news during the emotional process, we knew we could trust Dr. Copperman's expertise to guide us to conceive as easily/quickly as possible. Even at Dr. Copperman's level, he took the time to speak to us thoroughly about our concerns and answered all of our questions throughout the journey. We couldn't be more grateful for all that RMA has done for us, especially Dr. Copperman.
Trust him! It's really hard to give away 100% control of this journey to conceive, but giving the doctor your trust is the first step. Also, having a "list" of questions/concerns ready in your head to discuss (aka be prepared as much as possible) helps. As everyone knows, doctors are all very busy and doing this will help ensure all will be addressed.
We 100% felt like patients. Dr. Copperman and I even joked about the intensity of signing up for Soul Cycle (NYC spinning class). The other doctors at RMA also were good at getting to know us. Everyone from the front desk to Dr. Copperman would know who we are (granted we were there ALL the time, as you know....). Despite all of above, the RMA team was still very efficient at getting all the patients in and out of monitoring, which as we know, is the most daunting. Even after our son was born, and we brought him into RMA, Dr. Copperman clearly remembered us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Bell)
She was very easily accessible via email (and I emailed a lot!). She was very patient and answered ALL my questions. She took the time to get to know us but yet keep a professional demeanor.
NY - Westside
2010 - 2013
IUI, 5 IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Copperman] is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good.
2010 - 2013
IUI, 5 IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
he is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good. i did have some losses, one in particular that was devastating, and he was very helpful. at the end of the day i owe my two amazing sons to him.
he is a clinician first with a high volume practice. you will get pregnant there but he won't be your best friend.
it feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
i dont remember sorry. i think I blocked it all out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: anne)
anne and hilde were absolutely amazing. they were my first cycles for my oldest. Second time around his staff was not nearly as good. HIlde was in midwifery school so wasn't as available and anne was out on maternity leave. one nurse gave me a dosage error during an iVF cycle and nearly destroyed the cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
factory. front desk staff probably dealt with way too many hormonal women to count and now is in robot mode.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
ugh. you had to wait. you didnt know if it would be 10 minutes or 40 minutes. during a 10 day cycle its awful when you are racing to get to work. The waiting room is absolutely packed. And they make you go back into the waiting room between blood and doctor sonogram (in 2010/2011 you went right in). general impression of the difference between 2010/2011 and 2013/2014 was that they got too big too fast
we had 5 cycles. insurance paid for 2 and change but even after that the doctor's visits were covered by coinsurance. it was just the transfer, retrieval, ICSI, etc that wasn't covered. Probably 20K out of pocket for all of it
NY - Eastside
I did not get to see him [Dr. Alan Cooperman] at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I am very grateful for Dr. Copperman. He was the third fertility doctor i had seen. After Many failed iuis with previous doctors i met with Dr. Copperman. Upon meeting him for my consultation he knew exactly what treatment plan i needed. I did not get to see him at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
Trust his plan for you. He has your best interest at heart.
Antagonist protocol freeze all cycle with genetic screening
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and jordan)
The nurses were always there to answer any questions. The called back in a timely manner and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
NY - Westside
When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he [Dr Copperman of RMA New York] came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
Trust him - you're in excellent hands.
Dr. Copperman is very professional and gets to the point - which I appreciate. When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Leyla was wonderful throughout the process. She was full of information and so thoughtful and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is busy in the mornings, so I like to get there extra early so that I can get in and out for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There could be a wait if you get there at peak times, so I was always one of the first ones in the door. I had no wait when I got there very early.
$19,000 per cycle
11 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Alan [Copperman] was very knowledgeable and always seemed completely committed to getting me pregnant. he does not show much compassion though and he didn't tell me about pre genetic testing, which I found out from a friend, and found it to be extremely valuable in my final successful IVF...We first tried two IUIs every cycle - no success. The 2nd IVF, the Dr. advised only putting in one good embryo, although I had asked for the previous embryo to be included. It was a frozen embryo with a different donor and therefore, he said the practice wouldn't put two embryos together from different donors. This is understandable but he didn't tell me until the day of transfer, but he did come personally to explain it to me.
11 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Alan was very knowledgeable and always seemed completely committed to getting me pregnant. he does not show much compassion though and he didn't tell me about pre genetic testing, which I found out from a friend, and found it to be extremely valuable in my final successful IVF.
Ask a lot of questions about your options. The nurses are your friends, and the doctors do not generally have a lot of compassion.
He was generally kind but showed little to no emotion. In my 2nd and final iVF I had a miscarriage scare while traveling for work in HK and a HK doctor had wrongly told me I had a miscarriage. Fortunately, a second doctor told me everything was fine, but when I got back to NYC, Dr. Cooperman was somehow mad at me for the whole thing, which was a little heartless and ridiculous.
Very compassionate but not all could draw blood well and sometimes it took several times.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very knowledgeable and helpful but too big to receive personal attention.
It was fine
not much because of my health insurance plan.
None, he did a good job.
2009 - 2011
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
2009 - 2011
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I started fertility treatment with Coppermann be finding his name on this list of top doctors in the New York Times. He does his treatment in cycles of 3 which I liked - therefor I had 3 cycles of clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's with him. I would not describe Coppermann as particularly warm with a great bedside manner- he did explain the process and answer all out questions but at times we felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
I would say demand the attention. Ask for sit-downs with the doctor before and after treatment. Do your research and homework.
was most impressed with the office staff - Heidi was Dr. Coppermann's nurse and I did feel like she genuinely cared about what we were going through. She was very patient and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
felt they tried to make it as bearable as possible- patient, took time to make sure you understood everything. Gave us medication from own supply when we had run out -, organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
went in for early monitoring hours before work so was convenient - 7am -9am - wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
NY - Eastside
My first initial meeting with Dr. Copperman was great. He went through all of my paperwork in a lot of detail. Unfortunately, I have to complete 6 IUI treatments before moving onto IVF, so we are working towards that... My first appointment at RMA was incredible. I met with not only my doctor, but the whole team. The financial consultant, my nurse, my IVF coordinator - everyone was SO helpful and gave me all of their direct contact information. Everyone is so accessible and easy to get in touch with.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a great, well-known doctor with a lot of experience.
The only reason why I feel like a number is because when I go to RMA, I almost never see Dr. Copperman.
Unexplained infertility is a tough diagnosis since there aren't many protocols to use. Insurance requires 6 cycles of IUI, so we are going through with that right now.
Leyla is incredible. She responds to me almost immediately and answers all my questions with a lot of compassion and trust. I cannot recommend her enough.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The billing team is amazing. They were so helpful navigating my insurance plan and even called my insurance company to get information for me.
NY - Eastside
He Dr. Copperman] was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt....Did not explain well and was not warm....He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt. I am so happy I switched to Dr. Lekovich!!!
Not warm, see someone else
Did not explain well and was not warm.
He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
She was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice place pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms. Avoid dr copperman, and stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask. If there are med students, feel free to say you dont want them in on meetings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well run, at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
Very expensive, luckily I have Bonei Olam who helps with lowering and sharing costs.
2012 - 2016
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr Copperman] is kind and compassionate, and really feels invested in our success. My biggest critique is that he is sometimes overly optimistic, and won't entertain 'next steps' or worst case scenarios in a cycle unless or until they happen. He's a cheerleader through the process.
2012 - 2016
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is kind and compassionate, and really feels invested in our success. My biggest critique is that he is sometimes overly optimistic, and won't entertain 'next steps' or worst case scenarios in a cycle unless or until they happen. He's a cheerleader through the process.
After our 4th failed IUI, he encouraged us to move onto IVF bc we were approaching later 30s. Based on my response to Clomid, he predicted I would be a low responder and put me on an antagonist protocol (no estrogen priming, no Lupron suppression). He was pretty spot on in his predictions of how the cycle would go--and I ended our first fresh IVF cycle with a positive beta and a healthy, full term singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
First time around they were amazing; I cried when I said goodbye to our primary nurse as I transitioned to the OB. This time, my IVF coordinator is fantastic, but I have talked to a different nurse each time and it doesn't feel as warm.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's definitely a bit of a factory feel, but it also runs like a well-oiled machine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was mostly well-oiled; the waits were never onerous. I appreciated that they did not feel disruptive to the work day, but it also meant luck of the draw (ha ha) for phlebotomists and doctors.
2012 - 2013
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
2012 - 2013
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Around $40k
2009 - 2010
At the beginning he [Dr Alan Copperman] seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients...Dr. Copperman was straightforward and he provided all information about my case and answered my questions. He was also very kind when I had a miscarriage at month three during my second pregnancy.
2009 - 2010
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Pros: Straight forward, open minded about non-traditional treatments to use as a complement (i.e. acupuncture), it was important for me to know the details of the treatment and why did we have to do IVF and he very willing to educate me and provide explanations even if it required extra time.
At the beginning he seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients
I do not remember very well because this was a while ago. We did antagonist protocol. He did not recommend Clomid which was extremely painful and the protocol that Spandorfer from Cornell had me on.
They were extremely responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have no complains about the clinic. They were very well organized and always ran on time.
it was al covered by my insurance
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. Alan Copperman] is responsive, kind and excellent at managing the medicine levels for optimal results. He is not always the biggest fan of alternative treatments but he will listen and agree to trying out of the box methods as long as they won't cause harm.... He was compassionate and kind when we had a miscarriage and was truly thrilled when we had our baby.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is responsive, kind and excellent at managing the medicine levels for optimal results. He is not always the biggest fan of alternative treatments but he will listen and agree to trying out of the box methods as long as they won't cause harm.
Ask many questions and don't be afraid to email him.
Layla and her staff were wonderful and caring. They actually kept in touch with me during my pregnancy to just check in!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You can wait for a long time on a Saturday. The finance department does not always explain all your options. Ask questions. The nurses are responsive and great. If you have questions take the time to meet with your nurse after morning hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They mostly ran well. The weekends were the longest waits.
He felt very strongly about only transferring a single one. And I'm so grateful that he did.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Copperman was kind, thoughtful, and insightful. He explained everything and made sure I was informed about all procedures. I felt very comfortable under his care. He even called me while on vacation with his family to make sure I was ok after my transfer...to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me... I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be patient and trust the team
I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me, Dr. Copperman even called me while on vacation to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well. I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
Jordyn was a life saver. She helped me Through the hardest times in my cycle. She was compassionate and very kind to me and my husband. She even helped me deal with the financial team when needed. She was/is amazing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork.
Dr. Copperman believes in one healthy baby. I asked to transfer two embryos to help my chances of conceiving, never thinking I would get so lucky with twins! Best thing that has ever happened to me!
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He was open to experiment but not without good reason, he made excellent choices, he dealt with it when I questioned him.
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I owe him 1.5 kids! He was open to experiment but not without good reason, he made excellent choices, he dealt with it when I questioned him, he was dogged about getting a good result. He may not always be warm and fuzzy but he does care and he is a terrific doctor
Don't expect him to always take a ton of time explaining things to you - you kind of have to trust that he is a great re and he will do the best for you the patient
Dr copperman was totally aware of all aspects of my case, he was on it and he cared about results as did his whole team. Never felt like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and Melissa )
Dr c always has a couple of nurses who are your primary nurses and know your whole history and treatment. They are your support system too. That makes Rma unique (some clinics are not like that) and one of the best things about them
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They always made sure things ran smoothly and got you in and out as fast as possible.
Other, Unexplained
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC [single mother by choice] to be...He was caring, honest, sympathetic and overall amazing. He treated me like a person and not a number. I saw him more than I expected after all the stores I had heard about just being a number. And still in my life even after my kids are 14 years old!
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
BE persistent with your care
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC to be. There were many factors that contributed to this.
Sorry but this was a long time ago and don't really remember specific details.
They were totally on top of everything. They helped me emotionally as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The wait times were not crazy although I did always get there early. When I started going to Dr Copperman he was working out of Mt Sinai then moved to his own RMA on Madison. The facility was brand new.
He was very kind to me especially after 3 IVF's
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Copperman] is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation
You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care
Gonal f and menopur then ganorellix very straight forward. Lupron and hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha maguire)
They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols
15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
one on one, he's [Dr. Copperman] fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work...Know that hes a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention....the whole process [at RMA] is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
one on one, he's fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work.
the whole process is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
do not remember
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc
6 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child...I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to no
6 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a very good doctor; listen to his advice.
Sorry, it's too long ago and frankly (and kindly) I have forgotten most of the details.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to not pay attention to anyone else.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
NY - Downtown
2011
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Wonderful bedside manner. Very thorough, though, I would have liked a follow up appointment with him after the egg extraction to discuss the quality of the eggs / embryos.
2011
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
dont expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation.
The staff was very warm and I felt like they genuinely cared about my well being.