New York Medical College
Mount Sinai

Alan Copperman works in 1 office at

635 Madison Ave

2021, Unsuccessful
Alan Copperman is excellent at what he does but he is not the warmest person. I didn’t feel like he knew or cared who I was when I saw him. He seemed busy and didn’t take the time to explain much... I had few interactions with doctor...During these visits, he was overall detached and cold. Simply performing the sonogram and speaking only the necessary.
RMA of NY is a well run clinic. It is very efficient. However a lot of patients go through this clinic and I felt like a number. I would be in and out of there fast but I was just one of many women patients there...The team was efficient, responsive and well organized. They would schedule my blood work and other exams and everything ran smooth. Not too long a wait in the waiting room. I could speak on the phone with a nurse quickly if I had any questions about a medication or how to use it.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
This doctor came highly recommended and he sure has a lot of experience treating infertility. He was honest in telling me that I didn’t have a lot of follicules and that there was a chance that I couldn’t get any viable embryos. He debated whether to continue the cycle or cancel and try another time but decided to keep going. In the end only one embryo reached J5 but turned out to be no good for transfer. I had few interactions with doctor Copperman - during the initial introductory visit (via Zoom) and then 2 or 3 times during the sonograms to see the evolution of my follicules during the hormone stimulation. During these visits, he was overall detached and cold. Simply performing the sonogram and speaking only the necessary. I would try to get more information but he wouldn’t share much. It is a stressful time and this doctor wasn’t warm or reassuring during the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Do not expect a lot of hand holding or compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had strong hormone stimulation meds to retrieve my own eggs. 9 were retrieved and 5 fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Abigail Goldberger)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
My IVF cycle was about $15,000
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Doctor recommended single embryo transfer which I approved also
NY - Eastside

He's [Dr. Copperman] knowledgable, yet very clinical. Very pro western medicine, not all that progressive and a bit one sized fits all. His strength certainly comes from that fact that he has years of experience and a successful clinic, and while he can be rushed, he is certainly compassionate. He personally called us after we had an extremely unfortunate cycle.
[RMA of NY] is certainly a cattle call and everything is piecemeal and siloed - each part of the process takes place in a different area with a different person. You interact with at least 3-4 people in a single visit and it's never the same people. I knew that it was a large center before cycling, yet they could add some continuity, such as being assigned to one nurse for your cycle.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's knowledgable, yet very clinical. Very pro western medicine, not all that progressive and a bit one sized fits all. His strength certainly comes from that fact that he has years of experience and a successful clinic, and while he can be rushed, he is certainly compassionate. He personally called us after we had an extremely unfortunate cycle.
It's a large clinic with 100s of patients cycling at a time. The nurses and doctors are compassionate; however, you don't see any of them enough to create a rapport.
Protocol 1: Antagonist, 300 gonal, 2 -3 powder menopur. 5 eggs, 0 fertilized Protocol 2: Microdose Lupron, lupron morning and night, 300 gonal, 2 powder menopur. 12 eggs, 3 fertilized The first cycle was a standard initial protocol and it did not work with my body, which is why we moved to a more aggressive microdose flare protocol. While results were much better we had challenges with fertilization at RMA. We dramatically increased our fertilization when we switched clinics.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were kind and mostly provided directions. I especially appreciated that they both called and then emailed all directions and test results. When your head is spacey this is extremely helpful. They do not draw blood or interact with you at every visit, so the process is a bit more disjointed than it is at other clinics.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is certainly a cattle call and everything is piecemeal and siloed - each part of the process takes place in a different area with a different person. You interact with at least 3-4 people in a single visit and it's never the same people. I knew that it was a large center before cycling, yet they could add some continuity, such as being assigned to one nurse for your cycle.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Factory conveyer belt - they move quickly and efficiently and you all huddle in the waiting room until your number is called. It was no more than 10-15min for monitoring (note: heading in on the earlier side is better).
Not sure, but billing was easy if you are out of pocket. Extremely fast and efficient, one email clearly laying out all costs. Once you paid you never thought about it again, which was refreshing.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Copperman gives off a bro-y vibe that is at odds with RMA’s purported reputation as an LGBTQ-friendly clinic...seemed uncomfortable with my transgender husband and I being affectionate in front of him. He overpromised and didn’t seem to show any concern or care for his plan for us failing repeatedly
They [RMA of New York] also have absolutely no training in accommodating people with disabilities and will ignore your accommodation requests even when you are very clear and specific...failed to introduce us to the finance team and gave us misinformation about the RMA finance team when we asked her directly.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman gives off a bro-y vibe that is at odds with RMA’s purported reputation as an LGBTQ-friendly clinic. He’s the kind of doctor who has sperm-shaped paperweights on his desk, if you know what I mean. He makes corny jokes and seemed uncomfortable with my transgender husband and I being affectionate in front of him. He overpromised and didn’t seem to show any concern or care for his plan for us failing repeatedly. The one nice thing I can say about him is that he was rarely present at my monitoring sessions.
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN, consider finding a better fertility doctor, like a lamp or a piece of broccoli.
Dr. Copperman outright refused to communicate with me by email in spite of the fact that I have a disability that makes it difficult to speak by phone. His team repeatedly “lost” information about my disability, gave me the wrong information by email, and even made notes in my records claiming they had sent out information they had not. His team (led by a coordinator named Jordyn) failed to introduce us to the finance team and when we asked outright if we could speak to someone who could help with finance options, we were told that there wasn’t anyone and that we had to discuss finances with our insurance company, not with the clinic. This meant that we entirely used up our fertility coverage on procedures that we could have afforded out of pocket and were not left with enough coverage to pay for IVF when the IUIs failed. What is perhaps the worst, though, is that when I explained via email for the umpteenth time that I could not communicate by phone for medical reasons, his response was to call me, unannounced, late in the evening. I obviously could not speak with him, but his office never followed up or even tried to make contact. I eventually went to my OBGYN who recommended him and asked if she could explain the situation to him. She did, and I still never heard from Dr. Copperman’s team apart from a message delivered by my unaffiliated OBGYN that he’d be willing to talk to me in person and could record the conversation for me to make it easier regarding my disability. No one at RMA cared, bothered to apologize, or ever made any kind of efforts to address the things his team failed to do.
I would love to describe the strategies that were used, but none of them were ever explained to me!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Jordyn Banks failed to introduce us to the finance team and gave us misinformation about the RMA finance team when we asked her directly. She did the same when we asked for genetic counseling support. As our treatment progressed, she covered for her failure to communicate by adding notes to our record that claimed she had contacted us with vital and time sensitive information when she had not.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I’ve seen other patients describe RMA as being too robotic but robots wouldn’t be this error-prone or incompetent. RMA does not care about patients, just their money. If your insurance runs out and you suggest that you may not have more money, they will discharge you and refuse to let you speak with your doctor. They have a “patient advocate and social worker” who is supposed to help you through the process but if you repeat anything she says to your doctor, she will accuse you (the patient) of violating confidentiality, and she will misrepresent your conversations in order to give the clinic reasons to discharge you. DO NOT agree to see her under any circumstances. Talking to her feels like being trapped in a Kafka novel. They also have absolutely no training in accommodating people with disabilities and will ignore your accommodation requests even when you are very clear and specific, and then claim that any resulting medical issues are your fault for not responding correctly.
No one ever told me what anything cost, and they used up my entire fertility allowance without giving me any information.
This doctor didn’t work with me on this procedure, only IUIs
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I just explained everything that went wrong in my previous answers and would prefer not to repeat it. I would be happy to chat with you via video or email for more information.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Copperman is an exceptional doctor and knows what he is doing. I trust hime with my medical care and although it has taken us awhile he is always ready to keep trying. However, he is not warm and fuzzy and this has been hard for us at times when we needed a bit of encouragement. He is very much a scientist reflecting on data and analysis to determine best course of treatment.... It can also be hard to get an appt with him as he is VERY busy so sometimes it seems that you speak via the nurses to him versus hearing your plan straight from your doctor.
RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm which is nice because you don't always get to do procedures with your doctor.... There were a few nurses that worked with Dr Copperman that would connect with you re results or directions for special procedures. They were all very upbeat, positive, warm, and excellent communicators. I really enjoy speaking with them. The rest of the nursing staff that took your blood is also very warm, efficient at taking your blood quickly.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an exceptional doctor and knows what he is doing. I trust hime with my medical care and although it has taken us awhile he is always ready to keep trying. However, he is not warm and fuzzy and this has been hard for us at times when we needed a bit of encouragement. He is very much a scientist reflecting on data and analysis to determine best course of treatment. I can't complain because we have so far gotten the results we wanted. So his system must work. It can also be hard to get an appt with him as he is VERY busy so sometimes it seems that you speak via the nurses to him versus hearing your plan straight from your doctor. RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm.
Ask a lot of questions so that you feel informed of what the next steps are. Dr Copperman has alot of statistics and that helped me make decisions as to do IUI or IVF. In that way he is super helpful on what success rate of each procedure is.
RMA is very effecient and is able to see alot of patients at same time. Some of the nurses that you get to know are quite generous and warm and then you feel like a human. However, you rarely speak with your doctor unless you catch him during monitoring hours - so that makes you feel like a number.
Egg retrievals worked best for me when I took birth control pill for 1 month and then started menopur, follistum, and lupron. For FET I was on estradial pills, vaginal e-ring, and estrogen patch, and progesterone in oil via injection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordan)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm which is nice because you don't always get to do procedures with your doctor. It is also great that they call you with results / directions and then email them as well so you don't have to be worried if you didn't catch everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was a well oiled machine. If we got there early enough it didn't ruin our day. And since there are locations all over the city it felt quite easy. And then we would treat ourselves for a nice breakfast before work.
About $13000 per egg retrieval / $3500 for FET transfer. $2000 PGSD for testing
Dr Copperman would only transfer 1 embryo. He said statistically 1 embryo transfer is more successful and is safer for baby and mother. We went in originally wanting to transfer two embryos so we were a bit disappointed to hear he would only transfer one. However, we only have a few embryos so I think this route is much better for us health wise and strategically.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Copperman is very knowledgeable in the field and seems to be on top of trends in the industry. In terms of personality, he is very robotic and difficult to engage. Over the course of treatment (including 3 transfers), he was seen only for the first...Dr. Copperman is exceedingly more of a researcher than a warm and caring doctor...Dr. Copperman also would not consider natural cycle for FET.
RMA is a factory, simply put. This isn’t entirely bad, as they seem to know what they are doing (for the most part) - but you will not be treated as an individual really in any way...you won’t get personalized care and you MUST stay on top of your own treatment and be your own advocate. There were multiple oversights in terms of my care and I was tested for things (that could have negatively impacted treatment success and turns out I had) only because I insisted on doing so.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is exceedingly more of a researcher than a warm and caring doctor. If you want warmth, compassion and a relationship, I’d go elsewhere.
Treatment protocols for egg retrievals were never changed or personalized, despite diminishing number of eggs retrieved each cycle as age increased. Dr. Copperman also would not consider natural cycle for FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara)
As is the case with large practices, nurse staff quality ranges. We’ve had some very positive interactions and help from nurses, and then some major major oversights and multiple miscommunications in terms of medication instructions that we had to catch ourselves.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a factory - again, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it does mean you won’t get personalized care and you MUST stay on top of your own treatment and be your own advocate. There were multiple oversights in terms of my care and I was tested for things (that could have negatively impacted treatment success and turns out I had) only because I insisted on doing so.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were typically smoothly run. They could get be crowded depending on the day, but most of all it was as positive an experience as possible.
IVF was not covered by insurance so costs were high - around $20,000 for egg retrivel and $4,000 for FET.
NY - Eastside

I thought he [Dr. Alan Copperman] and his team were unethical because they kept pushing for procedures and tests that seem unnecessary- he looked at my blood reports and ultrasound and told me that I needed aggressive fertility treatment immediately-that while there was no bad news there was no good news either. I'd been referred by my obgyn who told me that even though my results were excellent (he said "your numbers are that of a woman 10 years younger") he couldn't determine why I hadn't conceived after trying for 3 months and if I wanted I should speak to a fertility specialist to explore my options.
It's [RMA of New York] a factory. Be prepared to be told you're infertile and only they can help.The nurses were mostly rude and unresponsive to questions. I was in touch with two of them via email- one of them wouldn't respond to my emails or phone calls and then would lie about having left me VMs. It was a very unpleasant experience
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I thought he and his team were unethical because they kept pushing for procedures and tests that seem unnecessary- he looked at my blood reports and ultrasound and told me that I needed aggressive fertility treatment immediately-that while there was no bad news there was no good news either. I'd been referred by my obgyn who told me that even though my results were excellent (he said "your numbers are that of a woman 10 years younger") he couldn't determine why I hadn't conceived after trying for 3 months and if I wanted I should speak to a fertility specialist to explore my options.
Find another doctor.
Alan recommended 3 rounds of Clomid with IUI and then IVF with embryo freezing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn)
The nursing staff are bored and disorganized and almost always rude. They don't answer questions and aren't always up to date on the information that they provide.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's a factory. Be prepared to be told you're infertile and only they can help.The nurses were mostly rude and unresponsive to questions. I was in touch with two of them via email- one of them wouldn't respond to my emails or phone calls and then would lie about having left me VMs. It was a very unpleasant experience.
2500 IUI and genetic testing covered by insurance
NY - Eastside

In June, he [Dr. Alan Copperman] told us we would be pregnant by Thanksgiving. We then went through two rounds of egg retrievals, neither of which resulted in any viable embryos to test for the genetic disease and freeze. His only change between round 1 and 2 was to bump up the hormones - no additional testing for any unknown factors that caused the issues. When the 2nd egg retrieval didn't work, he treated us like we were the problem and left me wondering if I had unknown fertility issues.
It [RMA of New York] was a cattle call. Getting there really early was the best way to avoid a very long wait...The finance team has been nothing but rude and lacking in compassion this entire process...Appointments are never on time and trying to get through on the phone is just as stressful - you're guaranteed to listen to a lot of hold music...There's a real lack of care towards patients here that is felt especially when the news is bad.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
My husband and I came to see Dr. Copperman because we had both tested as carriers for a genetic disease. In June, he told us we would be pregnant by Thanksgiving. We then went through two rounds of egg retrievals, neither of which resulted in any viable embryos to test for the genetic disease and freeze. His only change between round 1 and 2 was to bump up the hormones - no additional testing for any unknown factors that caused the issues. When the 2nd egg retrieval didn't work, he treated us like we were the problem and left me wondering if I had unknown fertility issues. We switched to another doctor and I'm now pregnant after one very successful round of IVF, with four frozen embryos to spare. So clearly, the problem wasn't with me. I recognize this is all a bit magic, a bit of a crapshoot, but to have my IVF doctor treat me like an annoyance for not performing the way he assumed I would is really the icing on the cake of an already extremely rough experience.
I would get a second opinion.
RMA is a cattle call. The office is always packed and appointments never take place on time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
I was assigned a coordinator of Dr. Copperman. She was lovely and very helpful and communicative, but because I was never given contact info for Dr. Copperman, she was a poor substitute in the moments when I really needed to speak to my doctor. Also, the nursing team in general had terrible bedside manner. When all our embryos failed after an egg retrieval, a nurse left me a voicemail on a Saturday morning to inform me. When I called back, I was told she didn't think Dr. Copperman could speak to me until Monday. I only got a call back from Dr. Copperman after expressing the fact that that was an unacceptable response. There's a real lack of care towards patients here that is felt especially when the news is bad.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a cattle call. Appointments are never on time and trying to get through on the phone is just as stressful - you're guaranteed to listen to a lot of hold music. They are also very shady about billing practices. My husband was going somewhere with Zika before an egg retrieval, so we had him freeze sperm in advance, just in case. When he returned, Zika-free, and we proceeded with the transfers with fresh sperm, we assumed the frozen sperm had been thrown out, since no one told us otherwise. Six months after we stopped going to RMA, we received a $500 bill for the storage of the sperm. We are still trying to untangle this mess, both in terms of paying the bill and also making sure they stop storing his sperm, and it's now been 8 months since we left the practice. The finance team has been nothing but rude and lacking in compassion this entire process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call. Getting there really early was the best way to avoid a very long wait.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
When I was waiting for results of a test, I was told inconsistent information about when I would get the results. I was left hounding the office for the results, checking in weekly and told every week that they wouldn't be ready for another week. They also really drag their feet when it comes to sharing records with another office.

2016, Unknown Success
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Over all I liked Dr. Copperman, I do wish I saw him more. His bed side manner is decent, although he can have a bit of a sarcastic way about him which can be good for some and bad for others. He used a different protocol than my previous doctor which I liked and seemed more appropriate for someone my age dealing with diminishing ovarian reserves.
I really struggled with my experience at RMA. I really liked Dr. Copperman when I met with him so I knew going in he knew what he was doing. After the initial one on one meeting, nothing about the experience was personal. I almost never saw my own doctor, i always seemed to speak to a different nurse, and overall communication with the nurses was poor. The most obvious reason why i felt like a number was the atmosphere of the clinic, it has a "herding cattle" atmosphere. There are always at least 20 people in the waiting room if not 40.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. He sees a lot of patients and can be very quick during a monitoring appointments and can make it hard to get your questions asked and it can feel a little rushed.
Dr. Copperman used something called the short protocol with me for the cycle. This adds in a medicine called luperon which helps your brain to naturally produce FSH. Since I am considered to be young in the fertility world, he said this protocol can be very successful as my body can be very receptive. In addition to the Luperon I also took menopur and follistim. The short protocol also doesn't require estrogen beforehand or ovulation tracking. I was also put on the pill for two weeks before my cycle to jump start my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Maya)
My coordinator was overall good. She was good at communicating besides a few times when she didn't respond to my email and I had to follow up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Besides the great doctors that work there, there arent too many strengths to the clinic. Although this may not seem important, this really bothered me during my treatment - the office staff and even some nurses dressed very inappropriately for a doctors office setting. They did not represent the clinic well and it was hard to take many of the seriously. The clinic is always always crowded. I was actually surprised how quickly they get people in and out. I did really enjoy the women who did the blood tests, they were all warm and friendly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There was a window of time in the morning which was nice in a way since I didn't have to miss work. They are very quick and on average would probably spend 15 min waiting which wasn't terrible considering how many people were waiting.
treatment for embryo freezing was $12,000 plus the cost of meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I really wish the nurses and doctors would have spent more time going over results with me. Having done two cycles before this, one successful and one failed, i know what signs to look for. There were times my blood results came back and they were not clear at all whether they were good or bad and I felt like i was left wondering. I think for patients who are not very involved with their treatment this isn't a major problem. Besides that, it was just the overall atmosphere of the office that I didn't like.
NY - Eastside

I felt like a number because this Dr. [Copperman] only seemed to show compassion when it came to deciding to do my IVF with him. He was not willing to listen to my ideas of things to do differently this round since I had 2 failed IVFs prior to him. He seemed stubborn on his ways to repeat the same medications like my previous IVFs just at a lower dose...He never called to apologize about my miscarriage which I found hurtful.
This is a factory setting clinic [RMA]. There is often very long waits during monitoring. Do not expect to see your doctor during monitoring visits. The doctors were all pleasant overall but I prefer seeing my own doctor throughout this process which was impossible. You also need to be on top of you test results..etc because they forget to call you... During my miscarriage I was having intense labor like pain. The nurse said she would call in a stronger pain killer and failed to do so.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
When I met this dr he was very nice and looked into my eyes saying " I will get you pregnant." This doctor is pretty set in his ways and is not open to patient suggestions. Ive had several failed IVFS prior to seeing him so I knew what to expect. I have a tendency to make many eggs and embryos and they all arrest. He basically did the same IVF stim cycle as my previous dr and just lowered the medication dose a bit. He did not take my MTHFR seriously and said I do not need to take baby aspirin or lovenox. I ended up getting 2 poor quality but PGD tested normal embryos with him. They only made it to blast on day 6 and 7. He only let me transfer one and it stuck! I had to ask him to check my thyroid levels which he neglected to check and they were high! I had to start medication immediately since I was currently pregnant but it takes over a month for the medication to work. I ended up miscarrying. My progesterone levels were on the lower side and he didn't seem to care. He never called to apologize about my miscarriage which I found hurtful. I felt like I slid between the cracks because I look young and he probably figured it would be an easy cycle. I will never forget when I asked him why I miscarried a normal embryo and he answered " you are just unlucky".
To be your own advocate because he does not look at everything and important testing numbers get neglected.
I felt like a number because this Dr. only seemed to show compassion when it came to deciding to do my IVF with him. He was not willing to listen to my ideas of things to do differently this round since I had 2 failed IVFs prior to him. He seemed stubborn on his ways to repeat the same medications like my previous IVFs just at a lower dose. I did get pregnant but my baby stopped growing at 5 1/2 weeks. He had to induce a miscarriage using cytomel and it was pretty traumatizing. When I asked why did this PGD normal embryo stop growing he answered " you are just unlucky". I will NEVER forget that.
We used Gonal F 150 mg, menopur, ganirelix and a HCG/Lupron dual trigger to avoid hyperstimulation. I ended up with 22 eggs, 13 mature, 2 made it to blast but only on day 6 and 7. They were biopsied and PGD tested and then were frozen. I did a FET that following month which resulted in an unexplained miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Some nurses were really nice. Jordan was the most compassionate nurse when delivering news on the phone. Leyla was the complete opposite and made me cry even more because of how she delivered sensitive information. She was very cold and uncaring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a factory setting clinic. There is often very long waits during monitoring. Do not expect to see your doctor during monitoring visits. The doctors were all pleasant overall but I prefer seeing my own doctor throughout this process which was impossible. You also need to be on top of you test results..etc because they forget to call you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA had a few locations throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan where you can do monitoring. The Manhattan offices were like a cattle call. I once was in the waiting room for almost 2 hours! the Brooklyn office is a little less of a wait because its a smaller office.
My IVF was not covered by insurance so the medications, egg retrieval, PGD testing, and FET was around $25,000.
My dr. strongly suggested transferring only 1 embryo because it was PGD tested normal. I had 2 embryos that were poor quality but both PGD normal and he refused to transfer both. I ended up miscarrying one. I have not transferred the other yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They forgot to call me with important results. During my miscarriage I was having intense labor like pain. The nurse said she would call in a stronger pain killer and failed to do so. She also did not check in on me when she said she would. Certain blood tests like TSH were neglected to be checked and certain levels like progesterone werent taken seriously when they were low.
2012 - 2013, Successful
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal...but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman....Hilda [nurse at RMA of New York] became like a friend she was wonderful and always talked me through everything.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Around $40k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One time they told me I was ovulating and then days later I wasn't producing progesterone and a nurse told me I can't get pregnant if I don't have progesterone. Turns out I got a cist it wasn't my egg and I ovulated later in the month.
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
We felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
Was most impressed with the office staff and Dr. Copperman's assistant [Heidi]. Wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I started fertility treatment with Coppermann be finding his name on this list of top doctors in the New York Times. He does his treatment in cycles of 3 which I liked - therefor I had 3 cycles of clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's with him. I would not describe Coppermann as particularly warm with a great bedside manner- he did explain the process and answer all out questions but at times we felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
I would say demand the attention. Ask for sit-downs with the doctor before and after treatment. Do your research and homework.
was most impressed with the office staff - Heidi was Dr. Coppermann's nurse and I did feel like she genuinely cared about what we were going through. She was very patient and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
felt they tried to make it as bearable as possible- patient, took time to make sure you understood everything. Gave us medication from own supply when we had run out -, organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
went in for early monitoring hours before work so was convenient - 7am -9am - wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
NY - Eastside

He Dr. Copperman] was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt....Did not explain well and was not warm....He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Nice place [RMA] pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms...stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask...She [nurse] was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened...Well run, [monitoring appts] at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt. I am so happy I switched to Dr. Lekovich!!!
Not warm, see someone else
Did not explain well and was not warm.
He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
She was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice place pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms. Avoid dr copperman, and stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask. If there are med students, feel free to say you dont want them in on meetings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well run, at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
Very expensive, luckily I have Bonei Olam who helps with lowering and sharing costs.

2019, Consult
I only had a consultation with him [Dr. Copperman]. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators. Im trying to decide if I should move forward with him... He seems really nice but I havent gone through with the treatment yet.... They [RMA] are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around.
They [RMA] are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around....I have insurance they said it was $8k out of pocket.... I only had a consultation with him [Dr. Copperman]. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I only had a consultation with him. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators. Im trying to decide if I should move forward with him or Nejat at Generation Next. RMA told me that with insurance it would be $8k. Nejat wont tell me how much it will cost yet.
Im not sure yet. He seems really nice but I havent gone through with the treatment yet.
I cant say yet as I havent moved forward with treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around. They said it would cost 8k. That is a lot for me out of pocket.
I have insurance they said it was $8k out of pocket.
NY - Eastside

one on one, he's [Dr. Copperman] fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work...Know that hes a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention....the whole process [at RMA] is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
the whole process is extremely impersonal [at RMA =- East Side]. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter...Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc...Know that hes [Dr. Cooperman] a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
one on one, he's fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work.
the whole process is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
do not remember
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc