New York Medical College
Mount Sinai

Alan Copperman works in 1 office at

635 Madison Ave

2019, 17 Eggs Frozen
On the day of the surgery he [Dr. Coppernan] was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in...He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him...made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients...My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends...I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there...The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was a phenomenal communicator. He was compassionate, caring and genuine. He was very thorough and always spent as much time as necessary with me to ensure all my questions were answered and all of my concerns were addressed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat when meeting with me from that point forward. He would email me directly to check in on me throughout my cycle. Dr. Copperman was the best part of my visit to RMA NY every time I got to see him. He is so sweet and sincere. His bedside manner was out of this world. He encouraged me throughout my cycle and praised me for my bravery in my decision to preserve my fertility. There is literally no other Reproductive Endocrinologist that I would trust with my fertility other than Dr. Copperman. The choice was easy. He was so sweet to my partner and great with my sister. On the day of the surgery he was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in. The team introduced themselves to me and explained what role they would be playing in my retrieval. He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients. I didn't care about that as long as I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on 2 vials of Menopur every night with the exception of one night when they dropped it down to 1 vial. I was on 150 IU of Gonal-F that I injected every morning. Towards the end of my cycle, they dropped the Gonal-F to 112.5 IU. The last few days of my cycle I did Gonal-F in the morning and Menopur and Cetrotide at night until my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire & Jordyn Banks)
My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends. My nurse coordinator Jordyn was a dream to work with. She was always on top of everything and spent the time to sit with me and explain my protocol as well as provide me with injection instructions and tips. Both Sam and Jordyn went above and beyond for me. They're both my fertility fairy God Mothers.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room could definitely be improved in terms of atmosphere and furniture but don't let that turn you off. Sometimes classical music would be playing today's top hits and I really liked that when it was on. The colors in the waiting room were a little dark and dreary. Sometimes the phlebotomist didn't introduce themselves by name but kindly greeted me as I went back for blood work. My very first visit was a little confusing as I had never been to a monitoring appointment before and didn't know the process / what to expect and I didn't receive instructions from the front desk check in coordinators when you sign in. I think that all new patients that come in for their first monitoring appointment should be told what to expect and what the process entails (sign your name on the sticker with your doctors name, sit in the waiting room until your name is called by a nurse, go back and get your blood work done, go back into the waiting room and wait to be called for your ultrasound, following the ultrasound go to the check out desk and formally check out and speak with a billing coordinator.) I had to self navigate my first appointment but after the initial monitoring appointment I got the hang of things in terms of the process. The nurses were always very pleasant. The billing coordinators required retraining in terms of how to speak to patients compassionately during check out. I made RMA NY aware of this immediately and shortly after I provided this feedback the billing coordinator experience improved drastically. At the end of the day, all I cared about was that I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman and his team. Go to your monitoring appointment at 6:50 - 7AM - the early bird gets the worm and there are way less patients there and you get in and get right out!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super convenient. I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there. The phlebotomist should be taking the time to explain blood work during your first monitoring appointment so that you understand as I was confused my first appointment. The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
NY - Eastside

Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He [Dr. Cooperman] has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.... Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.'
The strengths [of RMA NY] are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results.... The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.... If you got there by 8, it was easy. If you came at 8:30, there was a backup. The monitoring and blood draw was quick. Seeing a nurse could take time.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.
Ask for odds. The guy has an encyclopedic knowledge of how this works. We found knowing that one part of the process was less certain than others helped us manage expectations.
Due to false positive on a genetic test by our OB-GYN, by the time we found our way to RMA, we had already seen a host of other specialists including another big name fertility clinic. We were worried not only about our reproductive capacity but also my wife's future health. Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.' It took only a few days to rule out the impossibly rare combination of disorders previous doctors had assume my wife had from one botched test. From there, we engaged in routine IVF therapy, during which time we always felt like every doctor, nurse, counselor and administrator genuinely cared for us.
We did three retrieval cycles, each with a different third drug. The third cycle worked significantly better than the previous two.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were two nurses, Leila and Jordyn, who we saw the most and were extraordinarily knowledgeable, kind and even somehow fun. Of course, over multiple cycles we might have seen a dozen nurses. All were good, but not all were great. Sure, that can be unnerving at sensitive times, but it's wasn't actually a problem. If ever something seemed off or an instruction was worded vaguely, we just called later in the day. A different nurse would take our call and help us clear it up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results. (We have an 11 day old son. And the pregnancy was totally uneventful in a good way.) The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
For nine months of care out of pocket expenses were about $40K but that includes pharmacy bills. We elected to do things in a manner that minimized our coverage, but costs would have fractional if we had followed the mandate of our insurer.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone.... He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action.
I think some of the nurses [RMA of NY] who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.... Jordyn was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action. He also has called me in response to an email I sent him once just to make me feel better. He clearly cares about his patients and wants them to succeed at having a healthy pregnancy.
Ask questions if he speaks too quickly or goes too fast -- I think sometimes he forgets it's new information to his patients but any time I've asked him to clarify or re-explain it's been no problem.
Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone. I never felt badly reaching out with extra questions and I always feel like they really care and are "in it" with me.
We did three IUI cycles with Femera, which he said was better than Clomid for patients like me with PCOS. We were also briefly on an antagonist protocol for IVF before it was cancelled due to a lead follicle. During that IVF treatment I was monitored every 2 days also because of my PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn B and Samantha M)
Every single nurse on Dr. Copperman's team has been fantastic. Jordyn Banks was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way - even giving me her cellphone number in case we had any urgent questions/concerns after hours. Samantha M is our IVF coordinator and was so detailed and organized from the get go and responds to e-mails immediately. I always felt like they were on top of everything at every turn.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think some of the nurses who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman has said he will only transfer 1 embryo at a time and that is fine with us.

Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I felt like a human because Dr. Copperman and the entire staff treated me with respect and I felt they catered to my specific needs. I was given information and results from tests in a timely manner via email and phone call from the nurses. Prescription were up to date and explained to me fully what they were for and dosage... He was determined to get us pregnant with success. The second transfer was a success and I gave birth to our baby boy on May 21st, 2020.
The girls who perform morning monitoring [at RMA of New York] are all very friendly and experienced. They made the whole procedure of giving blood easy and pain free. The experience was one of a kind. Even the billing department were caring and had patience in explaining questions I had concerning my bills...The staff are all very friendly and professional
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I felt like a human because Dr. Copperman was warm and consoling. He was always happy to see me and was happier when he saw me and my husband on the crucial visits. My husband and I started our journey with Dr. Copperman in October of 2018. He assured us we will get to the bottom of why I was miscarrying earlier and then not able to conceive later on. We found out the my left Tube was blocked. We then proceed to IUI which was not a success. Our next step was egg retrieval. My husband felt comfortable as well when he had to give his specimen. Dr. Copperman and everyone at RMA of New York were so helpful and caring and friendly. The egg retrieval was a success and we did the embryo transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. Now the next part gets sad but with a happy ending. Our first transfer resulted a miscarriage. We found this out when I went in for a routine visit. Dr. Copperman immediately grabbed my hand to console me. He made sure I was ok before he let go. He was determined to get us pregnant with success. The second transfer was a success and I gave birth to our baby boy on May 21st, 2020.
The advice I would give is not to give up. My husband and I started the process in October of 2018 and I gave birth to our baby boy on May of 2020. Dr. Copperman is very compassionate and will not give up on you.
I felt like a human because Dr. Copperman and the entire staff treated me with respect and I felt they catered to my specific needs. I was given information and results from tests in a timely manner via email and phone call from the nurses. Prescription were up to date and explained to me fully what they were for and dosage. The entire staff of RMA of NY Eastside made me feel like a human.
Dr. Copperman had me check my tubes to see if they were blocked. One was blocked. We then moved to IUI. I got pregnant but unfortunately it led to a miscarriage. We then started the process for egg retrieval. My husband had to submit his sperm as well. After the retrival we did the transfer. The first one was a miscarriage. The second one led to me giving birth to my baby boy on May of 2020.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Jordyn)
They were very professional and knowledgeable. They were very pleasant and caring as well..
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I wouldn't change a thing. The girls who perform morning monitoring are all very friendly and experienced. They made the whole procedure of giving blood easy and pain free. The experience was one of a kind. Even the billing department were caring and had patience in explaining questions I had concerning my bills.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was done with ease and in a time that was convenient for me. The staff are all very friendly and professional
My insurance paid for most but put of pocket for the entire process ran us around Twenty thousand dollars
NY - Eastside

I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He [Dr. Alan Copperman] suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
They [RMA of NY-Eastside] are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman was extremely warm and understanding when I met with him during my initial consult. He was happy to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. He was realistic but not an alarmist. He also understood my mental and emotional state. I had come to him after my second chemical pregnancy in the 10 months I had been trying. He didn't initially propose the most aggressive course of treatment, but set my expectations as to when I should pursue those options. He did my IUI, and saw me during what was apparently a more critical monitoring session, and then was there to discharge me on my last visit.
Come in prepared to ask questions! He is really smart and moves quickly, but if you have questions, he is really patient, thorough and informative. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door.
I expected to see a different doctor every time I went to the office based on the review that I saw. I did see a few others, but Dr Copperman did my IUI, and saw me for 1-2 monitoring appointments as well as my last visit during which I was discharged. The nurses and staff are so friendly - Leyla and Jordyn (his nurses) are always available over email - they are friendly, informative and their responses are personalized.
I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla, Jordyn)
Leyla and Jordyn were awesome! I think they both sensed how nervous I was so they always called w/ my results within a few hours of my morning visits. I often wrote them emails with questions about my results or symptoms I was experiencing, and they both wrote back immediately everything - they were very helpful and reassuring. Both were a really calming influence and amazing resource during my time at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
Including the frozen sperm, the IUI cost less than $1000. Each visit with bloodwork and an ultrasound would be about $40 after insurance.
NY - Eastside

I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal...He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
The organisation at the clinic [RMA] is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off...$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo...having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Very knowledge and I felt 100% confident in his abilities. He is very fixed on his way which seems to work. He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
Talk about the risks of multiple cycles to your body? Having had 8 cycles I do worry that I'd doing long term damage to myself. Also PGS - is it really really worth it? What if you're throwing away good embryos - what is the risk of that?
Direct but honest and caring
Antagonist for 2 cycles. I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam M)
The organisation at the clinic is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinical strength of the team and also having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient but it is a cattle call and horrible on the weekend when everyone decends on this clinic. I hated that
$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo which is very reasonable)
1 as we only had 1 at this clinic so wasn't an option to transfer more
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him...We did a normal range of tests and then tried 2 IUIs before I had to switch practices for insurance purposes...I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed.
I only dealt with the nursing staff [at RMA of New York] for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate...I wasn't comfortable in the huge waiting room where I felt like I might run into people I know; I wish they offered some private areas. Dr. Copperman's coordinator's were really kind and available. I appreciated that. Any staff member I interacted with was compassionate and considerate. I felt like I could ask questions, and also, I felt like I could reach a real person when I needed to. It was as pleasant as dealing with infertility could be.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him.
Ask all the questions you have. He's very helpful and willing to spend time with you.
Dr. Copperman was extremely warm and compassionate. I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed. I was very comfortable speaking with him. The only reason I switched doctors was for insurance purposes, and I actually went back to consult with him a year later. He was wonderful and offered all the help he could.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I only dealt with the nursing staff for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I had some insurance coverage in the beginning (when I saw Dr. Copperman) and so part of my fees were covered by insurance. I think the out of pocket cost for a visit was $305.
NY - Eastside

After our first less-than-ideal egg retrieval, Dr. Copperman called us to discuss what went wrong and what we needed to change to improve our chances if we were to try again...Dr. Copperman does things quickly. He talks fast, he moves through visits very quickly. It was a little dizzying the first visit, but you get used to the pace. Despite that, he always responds to my emails, usually with a phone call. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him, but he is efficient.
It's a large clinic [RMA - East Side], and it could get very busy in the mornings. While the wait could last up to 40 minutes, they were very efficient once they saw you. The ladies that did the blood draws were very warm and friendly. I would recomend arriving at the clinic right at 7 if you need to be at work before 9....the nurses always were very thorough when giving me the daily instructions and would email me with written instructions so I was never confused about how much medicine I needed to admister each day. They returned my calls promptly and usually responded to emails within a day.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman does things quickly. He talks fast, he moves through visits very quickly. It was a little dizzying the first visit, but you get used to the pace. Despite that, he always responds to my emails, usually with a phone call. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him, but he is efficient. He's not going to chat about the weather. I believe he listens to me and respects that I know a lot about my own body. I am still currently in treatment, so I can't say if he has helped us achieve our goals yet, but I feel confident that he will. Or he will at least do his very best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to reach out if there's something you want to discuss. It's a big clinic, so it may feel like you aren't getting personal attention. But I always got responses to my calls or emails usually on the same day or the day after.
After our first less-than-ideal egg retrieval, Dr. Copperman called us to discuss what went wrong and what we needed to change to improve our chances if we were to try again. He followed up a few days after we learned that all of our embryos had arrested to make sure we were doing okay. I really appreciated that he was concerned for our well-being.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses always were very thorough when giving me the daily instructions and would email me with written instructions so I was never confused about how much medicine I needed to admister each day. They returned my calls promptly and usually responded to emails within a day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's a large clinic, and it could get very busy in the mornings. While the wait could last up to 40 minutes, they were very efficient once they saw you. The ladies that did the blood draws were very warm and friendly. I would recomend arriving at the clinic right at 7 if you need to be at work before 9. If you are more flexible with time, arriving closer to 8:30 always worked well for me. By then, most of the morning rush had cleared out.
NY - Eastside

In the initial consultation and on follow-up conversations about next steps, Dr. Copperman was very helpful, informative and empathetic. I felt like he really cared about our outcomes and was confident in his expertise during the transfer process which we had to modify at the last minute, switching from one embryo to two. His reasoning was clear and I felt confident in our decisions together...If you feel strongly about one path or another, he's open to hearing that feedback.
The upper east side location [of RMA] has many patients and the phlebotomy staff is large which keeps up with the demand for the daily blood draws and ultrasounds. I once did an IUI over a holiday weekend and there was even staff available then which was reassuring. I also used their facility in Brooklyn Heights which was more convenient for me but smaller. I appreciated that flexibility, when necessary and I always found everyone friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Ask any and all questions you have. If you feel strongly about one path or another, he's open to hearing that feedback.
Dr. Copperman and his whole team were really thoughtful and kind throughout the process. They were always available to answer questions or provide support over the phone, email or in person at the office. When I was feeling emotional during the process to getting pregnant, they were honest and caring. I was excited to send them newborn pictures when our baby was born and look forward to working with them again on baby #2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Jordyn was very helpful, responsive and knowledgable. I found working with her really wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The upper east side location has many patients and the phlebotomy staff is large which keeps up with the demand for the daily blood draws and ultrasounds. I once did an IUI over a holiday weekend and there was even staff available then which was reassuring. I also used their facility in Brooklyn Heights which was more convenient for me but smaller. I appreciated that flexibility, when necessary and I always found everyone friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some days the waiting room was busier than others but you could always tell that the support staff was moving through the patients as quickly as they could.
Dr. Copperman ordinarily is a very strong proponent of single embryo transfer but on my second transfer, the defrosting process didn't go as smoothly as expected and rather than cancel, they called me that morning to request thawing a second embryo. We did that and then decided to transfer both, which was very unusual for him, as his staff and he reiterated at our transfer. This transfer ended up in a positive pregnancy and a single baby so I'm glad we went this route.
NY - Eastside
During monitoring sessions, the interaction with Dr Copperman was brief but he aligned my monitoring days to his rostered days so I was able to see him....His operating bedside manner was great - positive, empathetic, focused....not every in-person interaction with Dr Copperman is consistent but it was always great when it really counted....Dr Copperman was brilliant where and when it counted. I think he assumed certain knowledge
My primary nurse [at RMA] was appalling. Never picked up the phone, voice was always monotone and answers seemed almost scripted. Other nurses I saw during monitoring or happened to be connected to on the phone were much better...Finance department was not great. Not responsive unless they were calling you for payment. Inflexible and not informed / empowered to deal with non-standard requests. Monitoring was efficient and well run.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
See previous comment and below. Dr Copperman was brilliant where and when it counted. I think he assumed certain knowledge - perhaps because he knows I had been through multiple cycles in the past or perhaps because his nursing team should have briefed me - certain things weren’t explained very well to me and caused me days of anxiety needlessly. This may be a comment more appropriate for the clinic...?
Ask all your questions at your initial consult or email him directly if you aren’t getting the answers from the nursing team or from him during monitoring sessions. Appeal and request his attendance at procedures directly to Dr Copperman and also have the nursing team note he request so it’s in the system as well.
The good and not so good: Not so good: During monitoring sessions, the interaction with Dr Copperman was brief but he aligned my monitoring days to his rostered days so I was able to see him. I only figured this out towards the end of my retrieval cycle - I would not have gone to RMANY west for monitoring if I had known this from the start. He didn’t really address my questions well during the monitoring sessions. The good/great: Twice, I wrote an email to Dr Copperman with some late night anxieties / questions. One was on Thanksgiving Day. On both occasions, he wrote back same day, answering my questions without making me feel like I was hassling him or asking stupid questions. I was surprised to find out that you may not necessarily get your Dr for your retrieval / transfer procedures - that it just depended on whose day your procedures happened to fall. This was not the case at the other clinics (in LA and Australia) where the default was your Dr would operate unless they were on leave. I made a request to the clinic and directly to dr Copperman and both times, he said he would do his best to move things around and both times, he turned up!! For my retrieval, I’m pretty sure he really did move his schedule as they told me that I had another Dr while I was in the waiting room ... and then dr Copperman showed up! His operating bedside manner was great - positive, empathetic, focused. In summary, not every in-person interaction with Dr Copperman is consistent but it was always great when it really counted.
Retrieval stim: gonal-f, luprolide, menopur Trigger shot: ovidrel Transfer: estradiol, progesterone shots.
My primary nurse was appalling. Never picked up the phone, voice was always monotone and answers seemed almost scripted. Other nurses I saw during monitoring or happened to be connected to on the phone were much better - much more informative, compassionate, patient, responsive. It’s a shame that my primary nurse was so unhelpful - a better nurse could’ve answered my questions more directly, prevented my anxieties and me reaching out to Dr Copperman.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Finance department was not great. Not responsive unless they were calling you for payment. Inflexible and not informed / empowered to deal with non-standard requests. Monitoring was efficient and well run. The old ladies who do bloods at RMANY east clinic are amazing - barely felt anything! I prayed one of the two ladies called my name! Cycle coordinators: briefly dealt with One (Dr Mukherjee’s) who was super organised and communicative. I wish she had kept my case. But I changed Drs after one consult (incidentally, the transfer was smooth) and Dr Copperman’s cycle coordinator was not organised, not a good communicator and not very responsive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Always busy but if you get there for the start of monitoring hours, I was out within 30minutes. East was quicker than west side clinic. If you want to see a nurse, that can take a while to wait. Otherwise, bloods and US were quick.
Dr. Copperman recommended a single transfer with chromosome testing. In the end we only had one good tested embryo to transfer anyway.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
at 42 I was at my last attempt to try to get pregnant and needed a doctor who could give me an honest, realistic assessment of our chances. Dr Copperman immediately took the time to get to know us, who we were, and what we had been going through...I did a fairly aggressive protocol in terms of the dose of medication, I had one retrieval and I did PGS on the embryos. I then did a frozen transfer of the PGS day 5 tested embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby girl
They [the costs at RMA of New York] were very competitive and I felt like I was paying the right amount, I wasn't being over charged and I knew what to expect up front...Everything from the front desk, to the lab, nurses and doctors were amazing. I always felt like they knew who I was, was met with a smile and encouraging words and support...Jordyn was an amazing nurse!! She was always available to answer any question, was through, warm, friendly and compassionate. I loved working with her and still keep in touch with her! A+mazing.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman is amazing. Truly the best. I feel like I can give a very fair accurate assessment of him because I can compare him to 3 other doctors I did IVF treatments with as well as many others I did consultations with. Dr Copperman took the time to really get to know us and understand everything we had been trying before him to get pregnant. He thoroughly explained his approach and showed us the science and data behind our chances based on our stats which I found very helpful. He was so incredibly warm, supportive but also informed and incredibly knowledgeable. He was with us every step of the way, always available to me by phone or e-mail and ensured that we knew what was coming, he was there for all of my procedures, retrieval and transfer. I truly felt like he partners with us and wanted this for us just as much as we did. I continue to stay in touch with Dr. Copperman, my beautiful daughter has met him and I knew his joy to meet one of his babies and hold her in his arms!
Go see him today! Don't wait. I truly believe he is the best IVF doctor and has the best lab, clinic and team.
From the moment we walked into RMA we were treated SO well. We had been through 3 different doctors and other clinics and at 42 I was at my last attempt to try to get pregnant and needed a doctor who could give me an honest, realistic assessment of our chances. Dr Copperman immediately took the time to get to know us, who we were, and what we had been going through. He educated us, gave us an honest assessment of our chances and made us feel like real partners with him on our pregnancy journey.
I don't recall the details but I did a fairly aggressive protocol in terms of the dose of medication, I had one retrieval and I did PGS on the embryos. I then did a frozen transfer of the PGS day 5 tested embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby girl
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA as a whole was incredible. Everything from the front desk, to the lab, nurses and doctors were amazing. I always felt like they knew who I was, was met with a smile and encouraging words and support.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring appointments were very smooth and quick. They have monitoring hours but its w ell oiled machine and the wait wasn't very long. Much better than other places in the city.
They were very competitive and I felt like I was paying the right amount, I wasn't being over charged and I knew what to expect up front.
My doctor said I really needed to do PGS to test my embryos primarily due to my age and it being the best safest way to proceed. I only had one healthy embryo so that's all we transferred and discussed given the circumstance.

2014, Successful
[Our nurse] was very easily accessible via email (and I emailed a lot!). She was very patient and answered ALL my questions.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
We successfully conceived our first baby under Dr. Copperman and his team's care. We chose him as our doctor based on a friend's recommendation as well as personal research of his background/qualities. Dr. Copperman's knowledge and dedication to his patients' needs and plan is remarkable. We never once doubted his plan for us, as he was very confident in what would ultimately work for us. Despite not seeing Dr. Copperman at every monitoring appointment, we trusted his team of doctors. Since all the RMA doctors work very closely together, we knew we were in good hands. He was very realistic and honest, which was an aspect we really appreciated. I remember the exact appointment when he told me that "why go through a third failed IUI, when I expect that you will be pregnant by your 1st IVF cycle." Despite how hard it was to hear certain news during the emotional process, we knew we could trust Dr. Copperman's expertise to guide us to conceive as easily/quickly as possible. Even at Dr. Copperman's level, he took the time to speak to us thoroughly about our concerns and answered all of our questions throughout the journey. We couldn't be more grateful for all that RMA has done for us, especially Dr. Copperman.
Trust him! It's really hard to give away 100% control of this journey to conceive, but giving the doctor your trust is the first step. Also, having a "list" of questions/concerns ready in your head to discuss (aka be prepared as much as possible) helps. As everyone knows, doctors are all very busy and doing this will help ensure all will be addressed.
We 100% felt like patients. Dr. Copperman and I even joked about the intensity of signing up for Soul Cycle (NYC spinning class). The other doctors at RMA also were good at getting to know us. Everyone from the front desk to Dr. Copperman would know who we are (granted we were there ALL the time, as you know....). Despite all of above, the RMA team was still very efficient at getting all the patients in and out of monitoring, which as we know, is the most daunting. Even after our son was born, and we brought him into RMA, Dr. Copperman clearly remembered us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Bell)
She was very easily accessible via email (and I emailed a lot!). She was very patient and answered ALL my questions. She took the time to get to know us but yet keep a professional demeanor.
NY - Westside

2012 - 2014, Successful
I felt like he [Dr. Copperman] understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances...In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
[RMA] Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call...For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I saw Dr Copperman after working with another clinic that couldn't give me a reason for why my cycle didn't work. I wasn't really planning on doing another IVF cycle, but I agreed to go for a consultation with him. At that first meeting, he was able to tell me why he thought the first cycle didn't work, and what he would do differently. He seemed sure that he could get me pregnant. We ended up doing several cycles with him. Each time something didn't work, he tweaked. I thought he would want us to go to donor egg after the first failed cycle, but he didn't. The fact that I had low ovarian reserves didn't scare him, and he was willing to keep trying new protocols. In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
Be willing to ask questions, and try new protocols if the first one doesn't work
While the clinic is very large, I felt like he understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances. When you are sitting in the waiting room though, it can feel a little bit like you are a number.
First cycle - Lupron Flare. Birth Control Pills to shut off my natural cycle, then low dose of lupron. Follistrum and menopure were used to stimulate ovaries. Trigger shot of orvidrel. This cycle was cancelled prior to retrieval, because I only had one follicle. It was suspected that the birth control pills suppressed me too much. 2nd cycle - antagonist with Clomid added. This was my best cycle - 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized. We transferred 2 good quality 3 day embryos. I got pregnant with a singleton, but ended up loosing the baby at 25 weeks gestation due to early onset preeclampsia and growth restriction. 3rd cycle - antagonist with clomid. 2 eggs retrieved, 1mature. Nothing fertilized. 4th cycle - antagonist with estrogen patches to try and prime my overies. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 2 transferred. I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Theresa/Dara)
For my own cycles my coordinator was Theresa. She was open to questions (I emailed her all the time) and she responded in a timely manner. For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call. Dr Copperman didn't do any of my procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were 7:00 - 8:30. You could show up anytime during those hours. The earlier you got there, the shorter the wait. On occasion I went to the Long Island offices. There monitoring hours were 8 am - 10 am and there was rarely a wait.
$11,000 for cycle $2500 for ICSY I believe there was a few for the anesthesiologist as well but I don't remember how much. Donor cycle $21,000 for shared, $28,000 for non-shared.
He did not push for single embryo transfers based on my DOR, embryo quality, and the fact that we wanted to transfer more than one.
NY - Eastside

I did not get to see him [Dr. Alan Cooperman] at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
[RMA of New York] is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I am very grateful for Dr. Copperman. He was the third fertility doctor i had seen. After Many failed iuis with previous doctors i met with Dr. Copperman. Upon meeting him for my consultation he knew exactly what treatment plan i needed. I did not get to see him at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
Trust his plan for you. He has your best interest at heart.
Antagonist protocol freeze all cycle with genetic screening
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and jordan)
The nurses were always there to answer any questions. The called back in a timely manner and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
NY - Westside

When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he [Dr Copperman of RMA New York] came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Dr. Copperman [of RMA New York] will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
Trust him - you're in excellent hands.
Dr. Copperman is very professional and gets to the point - which I appreciate. When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Leyla was wonderful throughout the process. She was full of information and so thoughtful and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is busy in the mornings, so I like to get there extra early so that I can get in and out for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There could be a wait if you get there at peak times, so I was always one of the first ones in the door. I had no wait when I got there very early.
$19,000 per cycle
NY - Eastside
Dr. Copperman was kind, thoughtful, and insightful. He explained everything and made sure I was informed about all procedures. I felt very comfortable under his care. He even called me while on vacation with his family to make sure I was ok after my transfer...to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me... I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me...[Nurse] Jordyn was a life saver. She helped me Through the hardest times in my cycle. She was compassionate and very kind to me and my husband. She even helped me deal with the financial team when needed. She was/is amazing....I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of....
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be patient and trust the team
I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me, Dr. Copperman even called me while on vacation to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well. I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork.
Dr. Copperman believes in one healthy baby. I asked to transfer two embryos to help my chances of conceiving, never thinking I would get so lucky with twins! Best thing that has ever happened to me!
2012 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Copperman] is kind and compassionate, and really feels invested in our success. My biggest critique is that he is sometimes overly optimistic, and won't entertain 'next steps' or worst case scenarios in a cycle unless or until they happen. He's a cheerleader through the process.
It's [RMA New York] definitely a bit of a factory feel, but it also runs like a well-oiled machine....First time around they were amazing; I cried when I said goodbye to our primary nurse as I transitioned to the OB. This time, my IVF coordinator is fantastic, but I have talked to a different nurse each time and it doesn't feel as warm.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is kind and compassionate, and really feels invested in our success. My biggest critique is that he is sometimes overly optimistic, and won't entertain 'next steps' or worst case scenarios in a cycle unless or until they happen. He's a cheerleader through the process.
After our 4th failed IUI, he encouraged us to move onto IVF bc we were approaching later 30s. Based on my response to Clomid, he predicted I would be a low responder and put me on an antagonist protocol (no estrogen priming, no Lupron suppression). He was pretty spot on in his predictions of how the cycle would go--and I ended our first fresh IVF cycle with a positive beta and a healthy, full term singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's definitely a bit of a factory feel, but it also runs like a well-oiled machine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was mostly well-oiled; the waits were never onerous. I appreciated that they did not feel disruptive to the work day, but it also meant luck of the draw (ha ha) for phlebotomists and doctors.
2009 - 2010, Successful
Investment Banker
At the beginning he [Dr Alan Copperman] seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients...Dr. Copperman was straightforward and he provided all information about my case and answered my questions. He was also very kind when I had a miscarriage at month three during my second pregnancy.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Pros: Straight forward, open minded about non-traditional treatments to use as a complement (i.e. acupuncture), it was important for me to know the details of the treatment and why did we have to do IVF and he very willing to educate me and provide explanations even if it required extra time.
At the beginning he seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients
I do not remember very well because this was a while ago. We did antagonist protocol. He did not recommend Clomid which was extremely painful and the protocol that Spandorfer from Cornell had me on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were extremely responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have no complains about the clinic. They were very well organized and always ran on time.
it was al covered by my insurance

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Alan Copperman] is responsive, kind and excellent at managing the medicine levels for optimal results. He is not always the biggest fan of alternative treatments but he will listen and agree to trying out of the box methods as long as they won't cause harm.... He was compassionate and kind when we had a miscarriage and was truly thrilled when we had our baby.
You can wait for a long time on a Saturday [at RMA of NY]. The finance department does not always explain all your options. Ask questions. The nurses are responsive and great. If you have questions take the time to meet with your nurse after morning hours.... Layla [a nurse] and her staff were wonderful and caring. They actually kept in touch with me during my pregnancy to just check in!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is responsive, kind and excellent at managing the medicine levels for optimal results. He is not always the biggest fan of alternative treatments but he will listen and agree to trying out of the box methods as long as they won't cause harm.
Ask many questions and don't be afraid to email him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Layla and her staff were wonderful and caring. They actually kept in touch with me during my pregnancy to just check in!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You can wait for a long time on a Saturday. The finance department does not always explain all your options. Ask questions. The nurses are responsive and great. If you have questions take the time to meet with your nurse after morning hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They mostly ran well. The weekends were the longest waits.
He felt very strongly about only transferring a single one. And I'm so grateful that he did.
2011 - 2015, Successful
He was open to experiment but not without good reason, he made excellent choices, he dealt with it when I questioned him.
Dr Copperman always has a couple of nurses who are your primary nurses...That makes RMA unique (some clinics are not like that) and one of the best things about them.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I owe him 1.5 kids! He was open to experiment but not without good reason, he made excellent choices, he dealt with it when I questioned him, he was dogged about getting a good result. He may not always be warm and fuzzy but he does care and he is a terrific doctor
Don't expect him to always take a ton of time explaining things to you - you kind of have to trust that he is a great re and he will do the best for you the patient
Dr copperman was totally aware of all aspects of my case, he was on it and he cared about results as did his whole team. Never felt like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and Melissa )
Dr c always has a couple of nurses who are your primary nurses and know your whole history and treatment. They are your support system too. That makes Rma unique (some clinics are not like that) and one of the best things about them
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They always made sure things ran smoothly and got you in and out as fast as possible.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Not really. Once there was conflicting information but it got sorted
2004 - 2011, Successful
The wait times were not crazy although I did always get there early. When I started going to Dr Copperman he was working out of Mt Sinai then moved to his own RMA on Madison. The facility was brand new...Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC [single mother by choice] to be...He was caring, honest, sympathetic and overall amazing. He treated me like a person and not a number. I saw him more than I expected after all the stores I had heard about just being a number. And still in my life even after my kids are 14 years old!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
BE persistent with your care
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC to be. There were many factors that contributed to this.
Sorry but this was a long time ago and don't really remember specific details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were totally on top of everything. They helped me emotionally as well.
He was very kind to me especially after 3 IVF's
2004 - 2011, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child...I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to no
I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to not pay attention to anyone else....My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a very good doctor; listen to his advice.
Sorry, it's too long ago and frankly (and kindly) I have forgotten most of the details.
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
NY - Downtown

2011, Successful
Wonderful bedside manner. Very thorough, though, I would have liked a follow up appointment with him after the egg extraction to discuss the quality of the eggs / embryos.
Don't expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr. Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation. The staff was very warm and I felt like they genuinely cared about my well being.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
dont expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation.

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Copperman] has an excellent coordinator and nurse who quickly relayed information...He’s the chairman so if you want to see the same doctor every visit, he may not be the best choice. I wanted the best chance for a healthy baby, which is why I chose Dr. Copperman...Follistim 225 daily, 1 vial Menopur for a few days then 2 vials. Trigger shot! And that’s it for the retrieval. Estradiol 6mg daily and progesterone 50 nightly...
Katrina Garbin is a fantastic nurse [at RMA of New York]! Smart, considerate and genuinely calmed me down on multiple occasions...It’s a big operation. Doesn’t have a strong holistic or nutrition component which I think would be helpful. They do have a nutritionist but I did not work with them...He’s [Dr. Copperman] a brilliant doctor! We have had better than expected results thus far...It’s an amazing feeling to completely trust the process since he is my doctor...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He’s a brilliant doctor! We have had better than expected results thus far. He has a really sweet coordinator and I I adore one of his nurses (Katrina Garbin). It’s an amazing feeling to completely trust the process since he is my doctor.
He’s the chairman so if you want to see the same doctor every visit, he may not be the best choice. I wanted the best chance for a healthy baby, which is why I chose Dr. Copperman!
He has an excellent coordinator and nurse who quickly relayed information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lily L)
Katrina Garbin is a fantastic nurse! Smart, considerate and genuinely calmed me down on multiple occasions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s a big operation. Doesn’t have a strong holistic or nutrition component which I think would be helpful. They do have a nutritionist but I did not work with them. Xcxccxccccccxxxccxcccccc ccxccxccccccxxxccxccc
Insurance paid $10K, we paid $8000 out of pocket
We used PGT testing so we went with one