New York Medical College
Yale
Mount Sinai

Alan Copperman works in 1 office at

635 Madison Ave

I did not get to see him [Dr. Alan Cooperman] at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
[RMA of New York] is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I am very grateful for Dr. Copperman. He was the third fertility doctor i had seen. After Many failed iuis with previous doctors i met with Dr. Copperman. Upon meeting him for my consultation he knew exactly what treatment plan i needed. I did not get to see him at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Trust his plan for you. He has your best interest at heart.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol freeze all cycle with genetic screening
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and jordan)
The nurses were always there to answer any questions. The called back in a timely manner and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
NY - Westside

When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he [Dr Copperman of RMA New York] came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Dr. Copperman [of RMA New York] will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
Trust him - you're in excellent hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is very professional and gets to the point - which I appreciate. When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Leyla was wonderful throughout the process. She was full of information and so thoughtful and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is busy in the mornings, so I like to get there extra early so that I can get in and out for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There could be a wait if you get there at peak times, so I was always one of the first ones in the door. I had no wait when I got there very early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
$19,000 per cycle
2012 - 2013, Successful
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal...but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman....Hilda [nurse at RMA of New York] became like a friend she was wonderful and always talked me through everything.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Around $40k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One time they told me I was ovulating and then days later I wasn't producing progesterone and a nurse told me I can't get pregnant if I don't have progesterone. Turns out I got a cist it wasn't my egg and I ovulated later in the month.
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
We felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
Was most impressed with the office staff and Dr. Copperman's assistant [Heidi]. Wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I started fertility treatment with Coppermann be finding his name on this list of top doctors in the New York Times. He does his treatment in cycles of 3 which I liked - therefor I had 3 cycles of clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's with him. I would not describe Coppermann as particularly warm with a great bedside manner- he did explain the process and answer all out questions but at times we felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
I would say demand the attention. Ask for sit-downs with the doctor before and after treatment. Do your research and homework.
was most impressed with the office staff - Heidi was Dr. Coppermann's nurse and I did feel like she genuinely cared about what we were going through. She was very patient and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
felt they tried to make it as bearable as possible- patient, took time to make sure you understood everything. Gave us medication from own supply when we had run out -, organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
went in for early monitoring hours before work so was convenient - 7am -9am - wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
NY - Eastside

My first initial meeting with Dr. Copperman was great. He went through all of my paperwork in a lot of detail. Unfortunately, I have to complete 6 IUI treatments before moving onto IVF, so we are working towards that... My first appointment at RMA was incredible. I met with not only my doctor, but the whole team. The financial consultant, my nurse, my IVF coordinator - everyone was SO helpful and gave me all of their direct contact information. Everyone is so accessible and easy to get in touch with.
Leyla [a nurse at RMA of NY] is incredible. She responds to me almost immediately and answers all my questions with a lot of compassion and trust. I cannot recommend her enough.... My first appointment at RMA was incredible. I met with not only my doctor, but the whole team. The financial consultant, my nurse, my IVF coordinator - everyone was SO helpful and gave me all of their direct contact information. Everyone is so accessible and easy to get in touch with.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a great, well-known doctor with a lot of experience.
The only reason why I feel like a number is because when I go to RMA, I almost never see Dr. Copperman.
Unexplained infertility is a tough diagnosis since there aren't many protocols to use. Insurance requires 6 cycles of IUI, so we are going through with that right now.
Leyla is incredible. She responds to me almost immediately and answers all my questions with a lot of compassion and trust. I cannot recommend her enough.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The billing team is amazing. They were so helpful navigating my insurance plan and even called my insurance company to get information for me.
NY - Eastside

He Dr. Copperman] was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt....Did not explain well and was not warm....He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Nice place [RMA] pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms...stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask...She [nurse] was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened...Well run, [monitoring appts] at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt. I am so happy I switched to Dr. Lekovich!!!
Not warm, see someone else
Did not explain well and was not warm.
He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
She was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice place pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms. Avoid dr copperman, and stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask. If there are med students, feel free to say you dont want them in on meetings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well run, at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
Very expensive, luckily I have Bonei Olam who helps with lowering and sharing costs.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Copperman was kind, thoughtful, and insightful. He explained everything and made sure I was informed about all procedures. I felt very comfortable under his care. He even called me while on vacation with his family to make sure I was ok after my transfer...to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me... I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me...[Nurse] Jordyn was a life saver. She helped me Through the hardest times in my cycle. She was compassionate and very kind to me and my husband. She even helped me deal with the financial team when needed. She was/is amazing....I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of....
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be patient and trust the team
I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me, Dr. Copperman even called me while on vacation to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well. I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman believes in one healthy baby. I asked to transfer two embryos to help my chances of conceiving, never thinking I would get so lucky with twins! Best thing that has ever happened to me!
2012 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Copperman] is kind and compassionate, and really feels invested in our success. My biggest critique is that he is sometimes overly optimistic, and won't entertain 'next steps' or worst case scenarios in a cycle unless or until they happen. He's a cheerleader through the process.
It's [RMA New York] definitely a bit of a factory feel, but it also runs like a well-oiled machine....First time around they were amazing; I cried when I said goodbye to our primary nurse as I transitioned to the OB. This time, my IVF coordinator is fantastic, but I have talked to a different nurse each time and it doesn't feel as warm.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is kind and compassionate, and really feels invested in our success. My biggest critique is that he is sometimes overly optimistic, and won't entertain 'next steps' or worst case scenarios in a cycle unless or until they happen. He's a cheerleader through the process.
After our 4th failed IUI, he encouraged us to move onto IVF bc we were approaching later 30s. Based on my response to Clomid, he predicted I would be a low responder and put me on an antagonist protocol (no estrogen priming, no Lupron suppression). He was pretty spot on in his predictions of how the cycle would go--and I ended our first fresh IVF cycle with a positive beta and a healthy, full term singleton.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's definitely a bit of a factory feel, but it also runs like a well-oiled machine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was mostly well-oiled; the waits were never onerous. I appreciated that they did not feel disruptive to the work day, but it also meant luck of the draw (ha ha) for phlebotomists and doctors.
2009 - 2010, Successful
Investment Banker
At the beginning he [Dr Alan Copperman] seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients...Dr. Copperman was straightforward and he provided all information about my case and answered my questions. He was also very kind when I had a miscarriage at month three during my second pregnancy.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Pros: Straight forward, open minded about non-traditional treatments to use as a complement (i.e. acupuncture), it was important for me to know the details of the treatment and why did we have to do IVF and he very willing to educate me and provide explanations even if it required extra time.
At the beginning he seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients
I do not remember very well because this was a while ago. We did antagonist protocol. He did not recommend Clomid which was extremely painful and the protocol that Spandorfer from Cornell had me on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were extremely responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have no complains about the clinic. They were very well organized and always ran on time.
it was al covered by my insurance

2019, Consult
I only had a consultation with him [Dr. Copperman]. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators. Im trying to decide if I should move forward with him... He seems really nice but I havent gone through with the treatment yet.... They [RMA] are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around.
They [RMA] are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around....I have insurance they said it was $8k out of pocket.... I only had a consultation with him [Dr. Copperman]. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I only had a consultation with him. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators. Im trying to decide if I should move forward with him or Nejat at Generation Next. RMA told me that with insurance it would be $8k. Nejat wont tell me how much it will cost yet.
Im not sure yet. He seems really nice but I havent gone through with the treatment yet.
I cant say yet as I havent moved forward with treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around. They said it would cost 8k. That is a lot for me out of pocket.
I have insurance they said it was $8k out of pocket.
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Copperman] is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback
[Nurses at RMA] They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear...It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols...[Cost of Treatment] 15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor [Dr. Copperman] but you will get quality care
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation
You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care
Gonal f and menopur then ganorellix very straight forward. Lupron and hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols .....................................................................................................................................................................
15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Alan Copperman] is responsive, kind and excellent at managing the medicine levels for optimal results. He is not always the biggest fan of alternative treatments but he will listen and agree to trying out of the box methods as long as they won't cause harm.... He was compassionate and kind when we had a miscarriage and was truly thrilled when we had our baby.
You can wait for a long time on a Saturday [at RMA of NY]. The finance department does not always explain all your options. Ask questions. The nurses are responsive and great. If you have questions take the time to meet with your nurse after morning hours.... Layla [a nurse] and her staff were wonderful and caring. They actually kept in touch with me during my pregnancy to just check in!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is responsive, kind and excellent at managing the medicine levels for optimal results. He is not always the biggest fan of alternative treatments but he will listen and agree to trying out of the box methods as long as they won't cause harm.
Ask many questions and don't be afraid to email him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Layla and her staff were wonderful and caring. They actually kept in touch with me during my pregnancy to just check in!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You can wait for a long time on a Saturday. The finance department does not always explain all your options. Ask questions. The nurses are responsive and great. If you have questions take the time to meet with your nurse after morning hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They mostly ran well. The weekends were the longest waits.
He felt very strongly about only transferring a single one. And I'm so grateful that he did.
2011 - 2015, Successful
He was open to experiment but not without good reason, he made excellent choices, he dealt with it when I questioned him.
Dr Copperman always has a couple of nurses who are your primary nurses...That makes RMA unique (some clinics are not like that) and one of the best things about them.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I owe him 1.5 kids! He was open to experiment but not without good reason, he made excellent choices, he dealt with it when I questioned him, he was dogged about getting a good result. He may not always be warm and fuzzy but he does care and he is a terrific doctor
Don't expect him to always take a ton of time explaining things to you - you kind of have to trust that he is a great re and he will do the best for you the patient
Dr copperman was totally aware of all aspects of my case, he was on it and he cared about results as did his whole team. Never felt like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and Melissa )
Dr c always has a couple of nurses who are your primary nurses and know your whole history and treatment. They are your support system too. That makes Rma unique (some clinics are not like that) and one of the best things about them
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They always made sure things ran smoothly and got you in and out as fast as possible.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Not really. Once there was conflicting information but it got sorted
2004 - 2011, Successful
The wait times were not crazy although I did always get there early. When I started going to Dr Copperman he was working out of Mt Sinai then moved to his own RMA on Madison. The facility was brand new...Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC [single mother by choice] to be...He was caring, honest, sympathetic and overall amazing. He treated me like a person and not a number. I saw him more than I expected after all the stores I had heard about just being a number. And still in my life even after my kids are 14 years old!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
BE persistent with your care
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC to be. There were many factors that contributed to this.
Sorry but this was a long time ago and don't really remember specific details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were totally on top of everything. They helped me emotionally as well.
He was very kind to me especially after 3 IVF's
NY - Eastside

one on one, he's [Dr. Copperman] fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work...Know that hes a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention....the whole process [at RMA] is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
the whole process is extremely impersonal [at RMA =- East Side]. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter...Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc...Know that hes [Dr. Cooperman] a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
one on one, he's fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work.
the whole process is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
do not remember
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc
2004 - 2011, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child...I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to no
I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to not pay attention to anyone else....My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a very good doctor; listen to his advice.
Sorry, it's too long ago and frankly (and kindly) I have forgotten most of the details.
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
NY - Downtown

2011, Successful
Wonderful bedside manner. Very thorough, though, I would have liked a follow up appointment with him after the egg extraction to discuss the quality of the eggs / embryos.
Don't expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr. Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation. The staff was very warm and I felt like they genuinely cared about my well being.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
dont expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation.

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Copperman] has an excellent coordinator and nurse who quickly relayed information...He’s the chairman so if you want to see the same doctor every visit, he may not be the best choice. I wanted the best chance for a healthy baby, which is why I chose Dr. Copperman...Follistim 225 daily, 1 vial Menopur for a few days then 2 vials. Trigger shot! And that’s it for the retrieval. Estradiol 6mg daily and progesterone 50 nightly...
Katrina Garbin is a fantastic nurse [at RMA of New York]! Smart, considerate and genuinely calmed me down on multiple occasions...It’s a big operation. Doesn’t have a strong holistic or nutrition component which I think would be helpful. They do have a nutritionist but I did not work with them...He’s [Dr. Copperman] a brilliant doctor! We have had better than expected results thus far...It’s an amazing feeling to completely trust the process since he is my doctor...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He’s a brilliant doctor! We have had better than expected results thus far. He has a really sweet coordinator and I I adore one of his nurses (Katrina Garbin). It’s an amazing feeling to completely trust the process since he is my doctor.
He’s the chairman so if you want to see the same doctor every visit, he may not be the best choice. I wanted the best chance for a healthy baby, which is why I chose Dr. Copperman!
He has an excellent coordinator and nurse who quickly relayed information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lily L)
Katrina Garbin is a fantastic nurse! Smart, considerate and genuinely calmed me down on multiple occasions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s a big operation. Doesn’t have a strong holistic or nutrition component which I think would be helpful. They do have a nutritionist but I did not work with them. Xcxccxccccccxxxccxcccccc ccxccxccccccxxxccxccc
Insurance paid $10K, we paid $8000 out of pocket
We used PGT testing so we went with one

2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Copperman has always given me his honest expert opinion -- many times in person -- even when the news was not what I necessarily wanted to hear. During the period of 4 years, from the time I underwent and completed an elective egg freezing cycle to ultimately using donor eggs to conceive a daughter with my now-husband, I've always found Dr. Copperman and his team accessible, concerned and deeply committed my success.
The third party team at RMA New York is exceptional. Everyone who touched our case was super organized, compassionate and truly rooting for our success... My only issue with RMA during the donor process was a lack of communication and 100% transparency about the rate of drop-off that's present in any cycle. I don't feel that we were fully informed about what to expect in this regard especially given my history. Had we been made truly aware and realized the rate of drop-off that we'd likely see from the start, we would have chosen to move forward with a non-shared cycle instead of a shared cycle. In the end, we had 3 embryos total and 2 were used to achieve our daughter. We have only 1 remaining.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I first worked with Dr. Copperman for my elective egg freezing cycle while still single. Only 2 eggs were retrieved and he informed me that he felt the peak of my fertility was likely several years earlier, in my 20s, which I felt was a little harsh at the time (I was 34 at the time of retrieval). Four years later, now married and with many disappointments on the fertility journey already under my belt, Dr.Copperman was exactly the doctor I needed. He gave me his expert opinion about my prognosis and best next steps for achieving a live birth (donor eggs). With his recommendation corroborated by another doctor at a different top NYC facility, we decided to move forward, with Dr. Copperman leading the charge. I was ready to stop chasing unicorns and wanted the outcome I was looking for, basically, to be a mom and to be able to carry our child.
If you're truly ready for the outcome that you've been pushing for, whether the end result is exactly what you envisioned at the start, a little or even a lot different, Dr. Copperman is your guy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a lot of patients overall but I found the third party experience to be very personalized, which it should be, given the financial investment. I didn't pay too much attention to what the waiting room looked like as far as physical bodies waiting for monitoring by the time I reached this point and was more concerned about the actual level of care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I saw Dr. Copperman at nearly every monitoring appointment and once pregnant, he did my first ultrasound and released me personally several weeks later. When we had a scare midway through the pregnancy (unrelated to RMA), he saw us immediately to discuss and offer his opinion even though I was technically no longer under his care and hadn't been for several weeks.
$24k shared donor egg cycle + additional transfer required to achieve pregnancy ($3k) + pregnancy visits ($1k) + frozen embryo storage ($1k/year) + required psych eval (few hundred) + meds.
We transferred one embryo at a time (I did 2 transfers in total) to reduce chance of multiples and limit overall risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Since I was never able to retrieve any eggs of my own in previous cycles while trying to get pregnant (vs. elective egg freezing several years earlier), I didn't realize the significant rate of drop-off when it comes to eggs retrieved vs. embryos fertilized vs. those embryos that survive, mature and are viable. My only issue with RMA during the donor process was a lack of communication and 100% transparency about the rate of drop-off that's present in any cycle. I don't feel that we were fully informed about what to expect in this regard especially given my history. Had we been made truly aware and realized the rate of drop-off that we'd likely see from the start, we would have chosen to move forward with a non-shared cycle instead of a shared cycle. In the end, we had 3 embryos total and 2 were used to achieve our daughter. We have only 1 remaining.
2014 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude...I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby...
Amazing staff [at RMA of New York], an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that...The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business...They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude. He’s the opposite of a slick marketing machine. I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby. In 2020 at age 39 I returned for two more rounds of IVF with purpose to get a female embryo and I was not nearly as successful… only getting one male embryo. In hindsight I should have done an IVF round in 2018 after giving birth. But I wound up accepting reality and successfully transferring a 3rd male embryo, and now I am the mother of three beautiful boys. RMA gets criticized for being a factory, but that’s what you want! They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process. Fertility is NOT the time to go boutique, it’s the time to go with the operation who has a lock-step process in place.
Trust the process but do NOT delay another minute in getting your fertility journey underway.
Dr. Copperman is a lovely person and has a very calm demeanor. He was always positive while also being honest especially in my latter cycles at a later age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business. They do an amazing job at hiring!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing staff, an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that.
I was not interested in having twins, but was deemed likely to carry them so we only transferred one embryo at a time

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Copperman was very thorough and was sure to explain everything to us. He was also very candid as to what the possible results could be and all possible options we should keep in mind...He also did not give us false hope and never pushed for us to do something that he did not believe would work...believe in just a single embryo transfer...starts out less aggressive...For the second and third round of IVF, he changed some of the medication and dosage. I did have more eggs retrieved the second and third time.
The clinic [at RMA of New York] has a wonderful system of when you have to come in for monitoring. All procedures are done in the same facility. The office is very clean. The office runs very well and are quite organized. All staff is friendly and caring...I had multiple people on Dr. Copperman's staff that I could communicate with via email and phone and they were all very timely in their response
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was very thorough and was sure to explain everything to us. He was also very candid as to what the possible results could be and all possible options we should keep in mind. He has a very kind, sensitive but candid way about him. He also did not give us false hope and never pushed for us to do something that he did not believe would work.
He is honest but very sensitive to your situation and wants to do what is best for the woman's health.
Dr. Copperman and his staff were extremely attentive to both me and my husband. When we met with him, we never felt rushed and he really took the time to explain things to us and answer our questions. After our initial consultation, we wanted to meet with Dr. Copperman again before starting IVF and he quickly made time for us. His staff was always quick to reply to us and always made time for us. We really felt supported by Dr. Copperman and his team and you could tell that they really wanted the best for us and were doing everything they could to help us.
The first round of IVF, Dr. Copperman starts out less aggressive because one does not know how each woman will react to if you start too aggressive and that could actually cause further problems. For the second and third round of IVF, he changed some of the medication and dosage. I did have more eggs retrieved the second and third time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I had multiple people on Dr. Copperman's staff that I could communicate with via email and phone and they were all very timely in their response. They were also very compassionate and sensitive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic has a wonderful system of when you have to come in for monitoring. All procedures are done in the same facility. The office is very clean. The office runs very well and are quite organized. All staff is friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA had designated morning monitoring hours each day of the week, every day except Christmas. Monitoring hours runs like a well-oiled machine.
I had three rounds of IVF, each round was around $10,000. My insurance covered one round so I paid over $20,000 for IVF. The fee for the anesthesiologist is a separate cost--I think $700 per procedure.
Dr. Copperman and RMA believe in just a single embryo transfer because they put the health of the woman first. If they were to transfer multiple embryos there is more of a risk of becoming pregnant with multiples, which can cause harm to the woman's health.
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] is honest and caring. A genuine person. He cares about the mother and wants to ensure a heathy mom before a healthy baby...was at my every appointment and explained the next steps, risks, etc...I never felt over medicated, or over tested. I plan to go back if I decide to have another baby...I had two transfers with Dr Copperman. Both resulted in a pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a missed- miscarriage at 17weeks due to uterine fibroids. I of course was devastated, but Dr Cooperman was honest with me and told me that if we were to proceed I would need a myomectomy to remove the fibroids.
[RMA of New York was] Very organized, never much of a wait. Runs like clock work. Monitoring hours run smoothly and can handle quite a few patients at once. Calls with results usually take place before noon which is great...I yielded 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 5 made it to freeze and 4 were good...Jordyn and Samantha [nurses] were organized and responsive. At times I was over communicative via email but they put up with me and answered all of my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I had two transfers with Dr Copperman. Both resulted in a pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a missed- miscarriage at 17weeks due to uterine fibroids. I of course was devastated, but Dr Cooperman was honest with me and told me that if we were to proceed I would need a myomectomy to remove the fibroids. So I went ahead with the surgery, healed, and then we transferred the next embryo resulting in my son born October 2019. Dr Copperman was at my every appointment and explained the next steps, risks, etc. He was honest and genuine. I never felt over medicated, or over tested. I plan to go back if I decide to have another baby.
He is honest and caring. A genuine person. He cares about the mother and wants to ensure a heathy mom before a healthy baby.
Dr Copperman and his nurses Jordyn and Sam were so helpful during my treatment. They were so responsive and caring, I couldn’t have asked for better partners.
I don’t recall exactly as it has been almost two years since my retrieval. What I do recall is that I was not over stimulated or medicated. That it was just right. I yielded 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 5 made it to freeze and 4 were good.
Jordyn and Samantha were organized and responsive. At times I was over communicative via email but they put up with me and answered all of my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr Copperman was comfortable transferring one per transfer for me. Each transfer resulting in a pregnancy.

2014 - 2018, Successful
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized...only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples...when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
The staff who drew my blood [at RMA of New York] were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed...Sometimes it feels like a factory, but they get you through the process and are caring and compassionate, especially if you reach out for support. Advocate for yourself, ask as many questions as you can think of, try to stay ahead of what's coming up for you and make sure you have what you need (meds ordered in time, etc.).
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman brings all of his experience and expertise to helping you get what you want. Sometimes I had to ask him to be more forthcoming about his opinion, since the tendency can be to let you take charge, but he did this when asked, and ultimately helped me not waste time and get pregnant in less than 6 months! I felt especially attended to during my FET cycle and during the weekly visits with him after my positive pregnancy test. He confidently told me everything looked perfect as we went along. I felt reassured and like I was in great hands. By the end I was so comfortable, that it was hard to leave and switch to an OB.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask for what you need, while trusting you are in expert hands.
Sometimes I felt like a number, when I wasn't sure if they were paying attention to my cycle and upcoming start dates and the needs attached to it (e.g. getting meds delivered around travel schedules). But overall, the nurses were very friendly and available - by email, phone, and in person. And when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized. However only one embryo survived a week of growth to be PGS tested and frozen. Luckily it was normal, and this was the embryo that was transferred two cycles later and stuck. I did two IUI cycles before IVF. Each was with Letrozole and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla)
Nurses were all great. Sometimes it did feel like there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen and I wasn't sure who was paying attention to my upcoming cycles. But once my cycles were underway, all was smooth and nurses responded very quickly to all of my questions and concerns (even the insane ones).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Once I got used to it, it was easy. I knew the latest I could show up in the morning (I'm not a morning person), and when I would usually be done by. The staff who drew my blood were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed.
For my egg freezing cycles, insurance covered about half of the costs by covering almost all meds, ultrasounds, and testing. So I paid about $10,000 total for two cycles. My final IUI and IVF costs have yet to be fully sorted out, but I think insurance is covering it. I paid copays of $20 or $40 for many but not all visits. I had one visit with Dr. Copperman where he was out of network with my insurance at the time and I paid $100 for an office visit.
My doctor only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I struggled with the beginning of my IVF egg retrieval cycle. I was traveling a lot at the time and also had to order some of my meds from a delivery service so that they would be covered by insurance. I was not told which meds I would need on day 1 of my cycle, which led me to have to buy one of the meds that had not yet been delivered locally, instead, and pay out of pocket. It wasn't a huge expense, luckily, but was an added stress during an already stressful time. I wish someone had given me more details on my protocol and the timing well in advance of my cycle, so I could have adequately prepared around my schedule. With insurance coverage of meds being so complicated these days, the more advance it can get sorted out, the better. I had plenty of time leading up to this IVF cycle, but the meds got sorted out very last minute, and only after I called my clinic to check in and see what the story was. This led to the problem above and much unnecessary stress.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Copperman was warm and personable, but also very direct and factual. I appreciated that he discussed data and probability to give us accurate expectations. He came across as very knowledgeable and trustworthy...You will mostly interact with [his] assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
She [RMA of NY nurse] was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions...I underwent IVF in March/April 2020, at the height of the pandemic. I was super nervous and stressed, but the clinic was very organized and responsive and definitely put me at ease. Luckily, despite the stress, I had a successful transfer.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
You will mostly interact with Dr. Copperman’s assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
Our coordinator Samantha was fabulous! She was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions. The nurse Jordyn Banks was also great.