Alan Johns

Fort Worth
1250 8th Avenue
Ft Worth, TX 76104
817-932-7353
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alan Johns to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Pelvic Medicine to a friend?
2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Alan Johns at Center for Pelvic Medicine?
Dr. Alan John’s was the first doctor who actually listened to me when I said that I knew something wasn’t right. We had already been trying to get pregnant for a year and had been to 3 other doctors who blew us off and just kept saying we needed to have more intercourse. Dr. Alan Johns diagnosed me on my first appointment. 6 months later he performed surgery on me. He burned out as much endometriosis that he could while salvaging my tubes and ovaries. He also cauterized two benign tumors that were attached to my ovaries. Since then we have tried for another year using clomid. He has now moved us to IUI. He has never let us leave feeling confused, scared, doubtful or unsure. He makes sure to explain things and procedures. He doesn’t give us false hope but can still keep the mood light and make my husband and I laugh. He is engaged in our personal life rather than only knowing us when we come in to the office. He’s a very involved doctor who isn’t afraid to be aggressive and get the job done. We have been with him for 2 years now. We’ve never been with another doctor since we found his office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Johns at Center for Pelvic Medicine?
I would advise them to come in with a list of all their questions and ask them because he will go into depth to make sure he helps you along your journey as well educated as possible. Also always be prepared to give a urine sample as soon as your called back so be sure and drink up!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Johns at Center for Pelvic Medicine?
I felt like a human because the nurses have cried with me, held my hand during procedures, stayed actively inquisitive about my personal life. My doctor takes the time to explain things to me, is very positive and encouraging, is very laid back which makes the process way less stressful and he always reminds us that it can be fun to try and that it can build your marriage. Even the staff that checks you in and out are so kind and never rush you or treat you like just another patient. The whole staff makes it a very personal experience.
Describe the protocols Alan Johns used in your cycles at Center for Pelvic Medicine and their degree of success.
After being diagnosed with severe stage 4 endometriosis and PCOS he helped create a healthy diet and exercise regimen to alleviate symptoms naturally. He performed a laparoscopy and burned out most of the endometriosis while ensuring to not damage any of my reproductive organs. He cauterized two tumors that were attached to my ovaries. After the surgery we were instructed to try naturally to get pregnant as 8 out of 10 patients will get pregnant within the first 6 months following a laparoscopic procedure. After 6 months of no success we were put on Clomid for 6 trials along with doing the blood work and OPK and nasal body temperature. after another 6 months of no luck he has no started us on IUI. Our first cycle will be this month. I am currently taking clomid and on day 13 of my cycles I will go in to have my sonogram to evaluate possible growth of follicles. If there are follicles that are of appropriate size I will have 10,000 units of HCG injected and within 32 to 40 hours after the injection I will go back in and have the semen inserted via a catheter directly into my uterus. After that we wait to see if the procedure was successful. If it isn’t then we will do another IUI the next month. I will do 6 rounds of IUI as that is the typical maximum allowance of IUI procedures. After that we will begin our discussion about IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Pelvic Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Teressa and Nurse Chrystal )
Both nurses have been amazing. The nurse who calls me back and does the initial assessment is so incredibly positive and upbeat and bubbly which sets the entire vibe up so well for the rest of the appointment. She never rushes you, she’s so thorough, she is so engaged and so compassionate and cares about anything you have to say. She is amazing. The nurse who does the sonograms and aids in the procedures is wonderful. She is very warm, kind, easygoing and keeps me laughing the whole time which is so important and makes the entire experience so much better. No one enjoys constant sonograms but she keeps you laughing and talking that it is pain free and goes by quickly. She has so much patience and will explain things a thousand times until you understand and are comfortable. She’s also very encouraging. She never gives false hope but she gives the perfect amount of positivity to keep hope. Both nurse Teressa and nurse Chrystal are actually the reason I enrolled in nursing school. I will graduate nursing school in 4 months and I always remind them that they are the reason I wanted to go into nursing, so that I could impact other people’s lives the way they have mine.
Describe your experience with Center for Pelvic Medicine.
The clinic is amazing, clean, comfortable, professional and easy to locate. They have free valet parking and a staff that makes checking in a breeze. We never wait in the lobby for more than 15 minutes maximum. They will work with you on payments and insurance and scheduling with so much patience and understanding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Johns at Center for Pelvic Medicine.
I’m not sure how much it would be for someone may have better insurance than I do. Our insurance is good but has a very high deductible so personally for us each visit is 360 but again that is because we don’t have a copay. It all just goes towards our very very high deductible. It may be cheaper for some people.
Alan Johns
Center for Pelvic Medicine
Fort Worth

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alan Johns at Center for Pelvic Medicine.