Medical SchoolUCLA
732-918-2500
3131 Princeton Pike
LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ 08648
609-895-1114
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alan Martinez to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey to a friend?
2015 - 2019
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Martinez always took the time to explain everything in detail, and in a way that hopeful and friendly and understandable...I feel like he truly cares about his patients and works hard to get the best results possible... ran a VERY through pregnancy-loss panel of blood tests, and has tweaked my treatment for the next transfer. We are hopeful that the next FET will be a success!...I had to have one of my fallopian tubes removed, as well as some endometriosis and polyps. I felt so reassured, having him as my surgeon as well as my IVF doctor. He is very patient, and will explain everything in as much detail as you need. I have never felt rushed in my appointments with him and he always takes the time to make sure I am feeling good and positive every step of the way. I feel like he truly cares about his patients and works hard to
2015 - 2019
European, Latino
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr Martinez is the sweetest, most caring doctor I've ever had. I had to have one of my fallopian tubes removed, as well as some endometriosis and polyps. I felt so reassured, having him as my surgeon as well as my IVF doctor. He is very patient, and will explain everything in as much detail as you need. I have never felt rushed in my appointments with him and he always takes the time to make sure I am feeling good and positive every step of the way. I feel like he truly cares about his patients and works hard to get the best results possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Ask as many questions as you like, he will answer all of them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Martinez always took the time to explain everything in detail, and in a way that hopeful and friendly and understandable. He is very caring and empathetic.
Describe the protocols Alan Martinez used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
When we first came to Dr. Martinez, I had a tubal blockage that I knew I would have to be surgically removed. He explained everything to me, and I felt very confident going into the surgery. Afterwards, I wanted to try to get pregnant naturally (with one fallopian tube remaining), and he never pressured me to start IVF right away. A few months later, we were more mentally prepared to start the IVF process and again, he explained every step and was very patient with us. During our first egg retrieval, we had a very sudden death in the family, which I do think affected our outcome—we had about 9 eggs retrieved and only one embryo that made it to day 5. We did another egg retrieval round and Dr. Martinez tweaked my protocol (I believe it was a long lupron cycle). This time we got 9 eggs again, but 5 made it to day 5, so we had 6 embryos total. We did PGS and had 3 viable embryos after the testing. Our first FET was successful, and I gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2017. Now we are trying for our second, with 2 embryos left. We transferred in February, and I did get pregnant, but the pregnancy didn't continue after week 7. Dr. Martinez ran a VERY through pregnancy-loss panel of blood tests, and has tweaked my treatment for the next transfer. We are hopeful that the next FET will be a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Domenica)
Domenica has been so kind and helpful during our second go at IVF and FET. She emails me right back, answers all my calls and many questions! She goes out of he way to make sure the appointment schedule works best for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The clinic is fairly new, clean and nice. Everyone on staff is friendly... there used to be a receptionist that was a little surly, but I think she is gone now. I have never had to wait long for an appointment!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring/blood work is from 7-8am. Sometimes there can be up to 10 people who come in, that I've seen. They move pretty quickly, doesn't take too long once you get there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Our first IVF round was out-of-pocket. We paid a lump sum that included the egg retrieval, ICSI, an FET cycle and assisted hatching. We paid separate for medication at Mandell's Pharmacy. This time around, we are covered by insurance, so I only make copayments when I see the doctor (not for monitoring) and medications are covered.
Describe Alan Martinez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Dr. Martinez was/is of the mind that one embryo transferred at a time was the right course of action for us.
Eatontown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alan Martinez at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The care I received was always compassionate and understanding. Dr M always listened to my questions and thoughts regarding my course of treatment and really let me be in the driver seat in regards to how aggressive and fast we wanted to move with treatment. ... We weren’t in a rush to have a baby at this point and we’re fine with doing a more conservative approach round one. ... At our next consult ... I wanted to go right to IVF, dr M got us in with the next group. We did a standard protocol with ICSI ...
Anovulation, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The care I received was always compassionate and understanding. Dr M always listened to my questions and thoughts regarding my course of treatment and really let me be in the driver seat in regards to how aggressive and fast we wanted to move with treatment. I always felt like he had my best interest in mind.
Be up front with what your expectations are. If you want to go right to IVF due to financial concerns tell him. If you want to go slow and start with Clomid and timed intercourse let him know. The more honest you are the better.
Dr M carefully explained everything and never just threw facts and info at us.
My first cycle was with clomid and IUI. We weren’t in a rush to have a baby at this point and we’re fine with doing a more conservative approach round one. The IUI didn’t work and then I had cysts from the clomid. Fast forward three months and we tried an alternative drug for clomid, I didn’t respond and had cysts again. At our next consult dr M wanted to go to injectables with IUI but due to my insurance cap I wanted to go right to IVF, dr M got us in with the next group. We did a standard protocol with ICSI, dr M believed I would produce a decent amount of eggs, which I did, 18, 12 mature, and the quality should be good due to my age and AMH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
The overall nursing staff is wonderful and sweet. My particular nurse was very nice but want not quick to respond to voice mails or emails.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
The clinic has 3 offices which is a plus and you can usually get a first visit appointment within a week of calling. Once you’re a patient they always try and get you in as quickly as possible. Bloodwork is done on site for IVF patients and the egg retrieval as well. All of the billing staff is very helpful and always answers my questions.
Monitoring is done before normal hours and is done on first come first serve basis. I would be there before the doors open to make sure I was first so I could be in and out. The window is for an hour and I don’t believe anyone ever had a long wait.
I used insurance and had a $15,000 lifetime max, everything fell under that cap.
RCSNJ only does 1 embryo transfer unless extreme circumstances arise.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Eatontown

Dr. Martinez went as far as writing numerous letters to the VA clinics and health insurance to help us with trying to get coverage...Dr. Martinez takes as much time as needed to cover all the patient's concerns and to get all the info needed to help them...Be ready to wait and work through all the check ups - it is worth the time Dr. Martinez takes...Dr. Martinez decided that our best way to conceive would be through IVF and ICIS and that it would give us the highest chance of working. Before we could start any treatment, he sent me to have my iron and blood checked out to get cleared before starting the procedure.
Dr. Martinez takes as much time as needed to cover all the patient's concerns and to get all the info needed to help them. He went the extra mile and wrote letters to the VA on our behalf explaining why we needed medical coverage to get pregnant.
The entire practice handled our case with the top of the line professionalism, they held our hand and made us feel comfortable all the way through. Dr. Martinez went as far as writing numerous letters to the VA clinics and health insurance to help us with trying to get coverage.
The nurses were just as professional and friendly as Dr. Martinez. They took their time and were sensitive towards our feelings and what we were about to go through
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Everyone is amazing here - professional and genuinely interested in helping each patient that walks through their door. They also offer a military discount - even though it doesn't see like much it's something more than others offer.
Because of our insurance, we were only covered for appointments and testing to see what our chances of getting pregnant alone were. After that, Dr. Martinez and his staff came up with different options to help us with costs of IVF.
none
LAWRENCEVILLE

I was a patient of Reproductive Science Center starting in 2011 or 2012. The doctor, who is no longer with the practice, was less than satisfactory to say the least. She had no bedside manner and just felt cold. I ultimately got pregnant by another doctor during that time frame and had my first child. When my husband I and came back to the clinic in 2017 Dr. Martinez was new to us. From the first visit on, we felt comfortable with him and felt like he truly cared about our wellbeing and the outcome. He was understanding, patient, compassionate and kind through my entire cycle with him. When my transfer last year did not turn out successfully, he called multiple times to check on my status and wellbeing. I knew that when we were ready to try again, he was going to be my doctor. Today was my last visit with him and I've had mixed emotions because while I want to move on and grow my pregnancy the "normal" way, I wish he and the nurses could see this pregnancy all the way through. I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor than I have with Dr. Martinez. It's a very invasive and stressful time and you want someone to have your back and that's how I've felt every step of the way. I would recommend Dr. Martinez to anyone that is going through this experience. He is simply the best!
Be patient and trust that Dr. Martinez will guide you in the right direction. Even if things don't turn out the way you want them to, trust that he has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Martinez and the team of nurses in both Lawrenceville and Eatontown, while incredibly busy, always made me feel like they were devoting all their attention to me. I'd watch countless patients come and go and I always felt special when I was working with them.
IVF resulting in twin pregnancy I really can't remember all the specifics.
I mainly saw Tiffany and Marianela in Lawrenceville, who are the best! They both were informative, compassionate and caring. They always took interest and just made me feel comfortable. The nurses in Eatontown are also really great. During my last procedure Heather was really great and helped me get through a difficult retrival. I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff, they are one of a kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I don't have many bad things to say about the clinic. The only improvement I might suggest is through the billing department. Sometimes, I'd receive conflicting information when asking questions, however I do understand that this is a complicated topic so I took it all with a grain of salt. A strength is that its seems as though overall the staff is incredibly compassionate, caring and knowledgeable.
For my first treatment cycle with Dr. Martinez, my prescription medication maximum was met so I ended up paying around $6,000. My second cycle, I've only had to pay a few hundred dollars as my insurance renewed because of some special circumstances.
Dr. Martinez, my husband and I discussed this in depth and we decided given my history and current state that transferring multiple embryos was the best course for us.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I had no issue with Dr. Martinez at all. He's always been great every time I talked to him. Always willing to explain anything and everything I asked him.... At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I had no issue with Dr. Martinez at all. He's always been great every time I talked to him. Always willing to explain anything and everything I asked him. My issue was mainly with the clinic and something that occurred last year during my treatments. I'd rather not say at this time.
Highly recommend Dr. Martinez. He's always been professional, understanding of circumstances and willing to take the time to explain any and all treatment info and processes.
I'd rather not say at this time
At the time I was trying to get pregnant on my own and using Donor Sperm. I tried 3 IUI cycles where all 3 times my eggs just weren't growing to a large enough size (I believe it's 10mm+?) they needed to be to proceed with using the Donor Sperm for any of the cycles. Luckily my Insurance is top notch and covered all my treatments and Meds for the IUI cycles. Having been unsuccessful the clinic suggested using a Donor Egg and my existing Donor Sperm....this also required purchasing a package for that procedure $9K+$11K or $15K (purchase of the Eggs). None of which was covered by my Insurance, so I borrowed against my 401K and proceeded. Out of the 6 eggs that were fertilized only 1 survived which was used for the IVF cycle; unsuccessfully implanted so now I'm back to where I was with no baby, in debt and locked into my Company and job until it's paid back in 5 yrs. :( I'm taking a break right now struggling with the lack of baby and what I'm going to do next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The whole team was great. Always willing and able to answer any all questions I had at any point in time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths-Excellent replies to all inquiries that were made to the Nurses and staff. Weaknesses-Expensive, especially doing it solo. I can't think of anything else at this time..............................
Out of pocket was $20K
I'm not familiar with this and/or tried this so, no comment.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He has been very through and has answered all questions. The consults have been very informative. I am overweight and I know Dr. Martinez should mention that losing weight would help fertility issues but I felt like he was a little judgmental and I felt like I was being blamed for issues. I know that was not his intention but that is how I felt.... When I asked why I had to go on birth control before IVF, the response was that they had to control my cycle because there are so many egg retrievals in the office.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Ask questions.
There have been a few times where I felt rushed because the office was busy. I also felt like some of the appointments, like a pre-op appointment could have been combined with another appointment because all I did was sign paperwork and had to pay a copay. When I asked why I had to go on birth control before IVF, the response was that they had to control my cycle because there are so many egg retrievals in the office. Other times he was wonderful and did treat me like a human.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
They communicate well, it's easy to make an appointment and they are kind. Sometimes I feel rushed. They also only do procedures at the Eatontown office which is far from where I live. When having iuis I asked for a little bit later appointment (it was 7am) due to the distance we were driving and they would not accommodate us.
$40 specialist copay each time (except for bloodwork). $200 hospital bill for hysteroscopy. $240 each month for iui for the medication - we did this 3 times.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
LAWRENCEVILLE

I felt Dr. Martinez couldn't do enough for us. He always made himself available and even took time to call me with my results...I could not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Martinez he took time to make sure we understood everything ever step of the way. He never pressured us or swayed us one way or another he gave us straight facts and let us do what we felt was most comfortable.
You won't be disappointed
I had done two iuis with Dr. Martinez. I was prescribed clomid both times with increased amounts. Although I did not respond well to it he still gave us hope. We are undergoing ivf with Dr. Martinez and he has been great throughout
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
I love that I can call up with any question or concern no matter how crazy and they always take my concern with full attention. I have never felt alone in this whole process I actually feel like they are rooting for me each step of the way.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
I felt like I could get an appointment easily. They were always pleasant on the phone. I have never had an issue with anyone in the office
With the iuis that was covered under our insurance. With ivf our insurance does not cover anything but they did absolutely try for us. We paid out of pocket so far around $18,000 and I haven't regretted it. We are still undergoing our ivf journey
Dr. Martinez is doing a single transfer because of my age and good health. I completely have faith and trust in him.