University of Illinois at Chicago

Chicago
1740 West Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60612
866.600.CARE
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Albert Asante to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Illinois at Chicago to a friend?
1 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Albert Asante] is a wonderful person. He always has a smile on his face and is a very relatable in conversation. He is a family man and is easy to talk to. He was always there when we had questions and personally called us back if we requested a call back. He is a wonderful doctor.... We did an atognist protcol if I remember. We did menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide I think. We were on bcp prior to stims, we stimmed 9 days had 18 eggs, 14 retrieved by the on day surgeon not Dr. Ashante because it was not his day. Only two made it to blast and only one came back Pgs norma
Unfortunately this is not a good subject we started out happy with our nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and she was very imformative but our protocol seemed to be very unorganized and we were given the wrong. Instruction during stims I’m hoping this didn’t prevent us from getting pregnant. There were a lot of mistakes by the nurse that was working with us and I was driving to different office location because they were messing up medication orders and trying to make it up but in the end it seems she must of been let go because we got a new nurse after transfer and she seems to be doing well so far no complaints yet.
European, East Asian, Other
1 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He is a wonderful person. He always has a smile on his face and is a very relatable in conversation. He is a family man and is easy to talk to. He was always there when we had questions and personally called us back if we requested a call back. He is a wonderful doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
To listen to what he has to say, ask him whatever you want. He is a brilliant man!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He treated me like a human. He was very compassionate with my husband and I both. He always gave us as mush as we wanted during Office visits and made sure to answer any questions we had. He ever allowed my husband to conf call in when he couldn’t make it to my appointments.
Describe the protocols Albert Asante used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We did an atognist protcol if I remember. We did menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide I think. We were on bcp prior to stims, we stimmed 9 days had 18 eggs, 14 retrieved by the on day surgeon not Dr. Ashante because it was not his day. Only two made it to blast and only one came back Pgs normal. We also did lupron and progesterone prior to transfer and progesterone during the tww. Unfortunately it didn’t take and we didn’t get above a 0 on my beta. We are now prepping for the 2nd cycle with new supplants for about 3 months prior to retrieval. Hoping for better quality eggs this time.
Unfortunately this is not a good subject we started out happy with our nurse and she was very imformative but our protocol seemed to be very unorganized and we were given the wrong. Instruction during stims I’m hoping this didn’t prevent us from getting pregnant. There were a lot of mistakes by the nurse that was working with us and I was driving to different office location because they were messing up medication orders and trying to make it up but in the end it seems she must of been let go because we got a new nurse after transfer and she seems to be doing well so far no complaints yet.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful offices, front desk staff need work. As a patient if infertility issues I would expect the front desk staff to be over friendly and inviting and they really aren’t. There’s no welcome or greeting when you walk in. No eye contact just a “sign in and we’ll call you when we’re ready” it’s like that at both clinics. One clinic is definitely nicer then the other but the front desk staff just needs customer service training.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Celebration
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Albert Asante at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Dr Asante is my second fertility doctor and I have only been working with him a short time but my experience has been wonderful.... After my embry transfer, positive pregnancy results, and miscarriage, Dr Asante was very empathetic and compassionate... Dr Asante tansfered a single embryo, however due to my recurrent miscarriages stated he would approve transferring more than one embryo at my next transfer if that is the decision I make
I think the clinic [Ctr for Repro Med] is a very welcoming environment. All of the staff are friendly and warm hearted which is very important with this type of treatment. It is easy to get an appointments. The staff are very knowledgeable and patient with answering any questions that you may have...My medications (progesterone and estrogen) were around 60 per week. 2,900$ for the FET. My ultrasounds and blood work were billed to my insurance, and I paid a 65 dollar co pay per office visit
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Dr Asante is my second fertility doctor and I have only been working with him a short time but my experience has been wonderful. Dr Asante has great knowledge on the process and is very through with al areas of treatment. After my embry transfer, positive pregnancy results, and miscarriage, Dr Asante was very empathetic and compassionate
You are able to trust him with your care
Dr Asante is very compassionate and thorough during the whole treatment process
Dr Asante followed the clinics protocols and is resulted in a successful thaw transfer, however I later miscarried
The nursing staff was very helpful and even showed compassion after my miscarriage
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I think the clinic is a very welcoming environment. All of the staff are friendly and warm hearted which is very important with this type of treatment. It is easy to get an appointments. The staff are very knowledgeable and patient with answering any questions that you may have
Describe Albert Asante's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Celebration

Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Asante takes the time with you during each visit to answer any questions you have and he thoroughbred explains each step of your process...Although my first IUI was not successful, I still love Dr. Asante and how he makes me feel as a patient. He is kind and very knowledgeable. He is positive about treatment but also realistic about what steps may need to be taken...Started with lab work for me to determine my hormones and amh levels, then checked my ovaries for cysts.
Very clean, organized, busy clinic [CRM - Orlando]. My only complaint is I went to the Lake Mary office because it is closer and more convenient for me but they don't always do ultrasounds and procedures there so I had to go to the Orlando office a lot...I dealt with different nurses but all seemed very nice and always returned my calls within the same day with any questions I had...IUI was $450, ultrasounds $225 and progesterone was $75, estrogen checks were $125
Anovulation, Male Factor
Started with lab work for me to determine my hormones and amh levels, then checked my ovaries for cysts. I started clomid cycle day 3, had a follicle scan cycle day 12 and scheduled the IUI for 2 days later.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean, organized, busy clinic. My only complaint is I went to the Lake Mary office because it is closer and more convenient for me but they don't always do ultrasounds and procedures there so I had to go to the Orlando office a lot.
Lake Mary