4.8

825 Old Lancaster Rd.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-527-0800

Treated 2020
He [Dr. El-Roeiy] had not read our notes before our initial consultation, felt very basic/rushed and did not explain the needed sequence/justification for work up procedures with enough detail...the results from the procedure [HSG] were completely inaccurate and laughable to other physicians that reviewed them at MGH. Dr. El-Roeiy's note only included two scribbles on a single piece of paper saying "uterine adhesions" and "complete bilateral tubal blockage." Not a single adhesion was found a few weeks later when another doctor did a hysteroscopy procedure. My husband and I are baffled at how something can be seen on ultrasound that isn't there. I'm so glad I got away from El-Roeiy when I did due to inaccuracy of his procedures, painful technique, and uncaring billing practices (everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage). He is absolutely unwilling to budge or assist on any billing issues at all and will
The billing department [at Main Line Fertility] never answers the phone and is not helpful in dealing with any issues or discrepancies. Expect prices to differ from what may be quoted. Also expect to be required to do an extensive lab workup irregardless of your personal history and risk factors before being seen at all...everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage)
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
The procedure I had (saline hysterosonography) was the most painful medical experience I've ever had due to technique and the use of a tenaculum (old-fashioned gyn device that pierces through your cervix to hold it in place). Subsequently four OB/REI providers have told me that they never use this draconian device on women anymore as it is painful and not needed. I have had subsequent hysteroscopy, CVS and other cervical procedures without the tenaculum and zero pain. Furthermore, the results from the procedure were completely inaccurate and laughable to other physicians that reviewed them at MGH. Dr. El-Roeiy's note only included two scribbles on a single piece of paper saying "uterine adhesions" and "complete bilateral tubal blockage." Not a single adhesion was found a few weeks later when another doctor did a hysteroscopy procedure. My husband and I are baffled at how something can be seen on ultrasound that isn't there. I'm so glad I got away from El-Roeiy when I did due to inaccuracy of his procedures, painful technique, and uncaring billing practices (everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage). He is absolutely unwilling to budge or assist on any billing issues at all and will not make an effort to work with you/respond to any messages or questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
Run away, there are far more caring and evidence-based physicians in the area.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
He had not read our notes before our initial consultation, felt very basic/rushed and did not explain the needed sequence/justification for work up procedures with enough detail
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The billing department never answers the phone and is not helpful in dealing with any issues or discrepancies. Expect prices to differ from what may be quoted. Also expect to be required to do an extensive lab workup irregardless of your personal history and risk factors before being seen at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility .
800+336 for semen analysis and freezing of two specimens
What specific things went wrong at Main Line Fertility ?
Treated 2020
We consulted with Dr. El-Roiey after a year and a half of infertility. He went through and did all of the diagnostics, and blatantly told us we “needed IVF” and this was our only option to conceive. I am 26, my husband is 27. We were not expecting some terrible news like this, and he was hardly compassionate. He was unwilling to try other options than IVF and when I asked questions just felt like he was annoyed by the questions I had after researching.
Strength [of Main Line Fertility] is definitely communication. Reception was always willing to answer questions and help out. You could get in for diagnostics and consults relatively fast. I would not recommend this place for anyone who doesn’t know infertility yet, only someone willing to be their own advocate. ... The nurses that I had met were nice and compassionate but also felt rushed at some points.
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
I felt as though he lacked compassion and that all he cared about was “selling” IVF. He was uninterested in helping us understand and was less than willing to research why my husbands sperm count was so low.
Expect bluntness- he has no bedside manner. Expect to be your own advocate and ASK QUESTIONS. He will question why you have so many questions but otherwise you won’t get much out of him.
Describe the protocols Albert El-Roeiy used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
we only went through initial diagnostics with him. When he gave us the only option of IVF (which we could not afford with him), we went for a second opinion elsewhere and are much happier.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength is definitely communication. Reception was always willing to answer questions and help out. You could get in for diagnostics and consults relatively fast. I would not recommend this place for anyone who doesn’t know infertility yet, only someone willing to be their own advocate. I feel Dr. El-Roiey lacks compassion and is so used to people just agreeing to IVF he doesn’t see the need to do other testing or procedures, and if you can’t afford that or don’t agree with him than he is uninterested in helping you.
Copays for consults, other than that didn’t pay anything out of pocket. IVF at their facility runs close to $20k.

Treated 2016
[Dr. Albert El-Roeiy] gets annoyed when asked to repeat information...He has a very poor bedside manner, is blunt and uncompassionate...Dr. El-roeiy initially told me he would attempt IVF. He put me on birth control to start a 'group' cycle. When the time came and I went in to get my protocol, he rescinded his offer and said 'I don't know why I would have said I would do it. It is not going to work'. He completely screwed up my cycle with the birth control and delayed me starting a cycle with another provider
[Crozer Chester Medical Center is] Clean, easily accessible. The waiting room was empty most of the time. New technology and new office. Seems organized. I have nothing more to say about the office. He is a sole practitioner, so not very busy...Dr. El-roeiy initially told me he would attempt IVF. He put me on birth control to start a 'group' cycle. When the time came and I went in to get my protocol, he rescinded his offer and said 'I don't know why I would have said I would do it. It is not going to work'. He completely screwed up my cycle with the birth control and delayed me starting a cycle with another provider
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Dr. El-Roeiy is difficult to understand with his accent, and gets annoyed when asked to repeat information. Dr. El-Roeiy is only worried about his success rates; he does not care for the patients. He has a very poor bedside manner, is blunt and uncompassionate. He made several inappropriate comments about my anatomy and 'tightness'
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Don't go to him. I have spoken to many friends who started with him, and all of them have changed providers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
I feel as if Dr. El-Roeiy will only treat those that have a higher likelihood of having success. I was a 'risky' patient, as the expectations were low, and he wouldn't even give me a chance, even though I asked. When he presented me with my numbers, I had no idea what was good or not. When I said, "OK", he said "Not OK, these numbers are very bad". He then proceeded to tell me I would never have children with my own eggs. Very blunt. I was younger at the time and it was completely unexpected...and he just blurted it out without any buffer
Describe the protocols Albert El-Roeiy used in your cycles at Crozer Chester Medical Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Crozer Chester Medical Center.
Not very compassionate. And I have heard that his own nurses tell patients to go to another physician
Describe your experience with Crozer Chester Medical Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center.
He had treatment plans, but since he refused to treat me, I don't remember
Treated 2015 - 2016
On days that he felt I needed a little extra support, he [Dr. Albert El-Roeiy] would even call me himself and tell me unimportant results that generally a nurse would call for. When my husband was not able to join me for appointments, Dr. E would directly call him and discuss anything that I felt I would not be able to adequately explain. Before surgery, Dr. E will quite literally hold your hand as you are administered anesthesia, and when one of my retrievals did not have the yield that we had hoped, he actually wiped away my tears. He has always made me feel that I was special, not just one of a thousand other patients.
Brooke is an amazing nurse [at Crozer Chester Medical Center] - not only is she caring, warm and friendly, but she is also very knowledgeable in her field. She is well-versed in the mechanisms behind medications, as well as the steps of each procedure - making you feel very safe when discussing your care with her....This clinic is beautiful. There is a spacious waiting room that can always accommodate the amount of patients scheduled. There are 3 single bathrooms available for patients, which is always nice to have prior to a fertility appointment. The wait time is generally very reasonable, usually not more than 15 minutes. Another huge plus is that there is a very large private parking lot.
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Dr. El-Roeiy is a very experienced and intelligent clinician. As such, he takes a very scientific and calculated approach to his treatment, and tailors it to your specific needs - always stressing that patient safety was the most important factor. For me specifically, he knew from the get-go that I would be at risk for ovarian hyperstimulation, and adjusted his protocol to keep me as safe as possible. Dr. E does not beat around the bush - he calls it like it is. I very much appreciate this, because when your desire to have a baby is so strong, you want to know exactly what is going on and what to expect. That being said, he will fight for you to achieve your goals.
Be informed about your diagnosis and your care - be an active part of your treatment. Ask as many questions as it takes to fully understand what is going on - not only will it not "annoy" Dr. El-Roeiy, but it will encourage him to help you learn even more about your treatment.
Dr. El-Roeiy not only treats me as a human, but he goes above and beyond in doing so. You will see him at every visit, where he will greet you with a smile and a hug. If he sees that you are anxious or worried (as I think every woman who goes through IVF is), he does his very best to calm your nerves and explain his reasoning to help you through everything. He has always made sure to show and explain each and every ultrasound to me, making me feel that I was truly a part of my care, that I was a partner rather than back-seat passenger. On days that he felt I needed a little extra support, he would even call me himself and tell me unimportant results that generally a nurse would call for. When my husband was not able to join me for appointments, Dr. E would directly call him and discuss anything that I felt I would not be able to adequately explain. Before surgery, Dr. E will quite literally hold your hand as you are administered anesthesia, and when one of my retrievals did not have the yield that we had hoped, he actually wiped away my tears. He has always made me feel that I was special, not just one of a thousand other patients.
IVF cycle #1- was suppressed with lupron for three months prior to stimulation, with additional suppression with Letrozole for third month - suppression was prioritized in order to get rid of the many ovarian cysts in order to optimize egg quality and to avoid overstimulation. Was slowly stimulated with an extended course of very low dose gonal-F, menopur + ganirelex. Triggered with lupron to avoid OHSS. Frozen cycle determined at retrieval due to elevated estrogen (non-ideal environment for transfer). Frozen transfer of 1 embryo, negative pregnancy test. IVF cycle #2 - brief suppression with letrozole + birth control pills. More quick stimulation with gonal F, menopur + ganirelex. Triggered with lupron. No mature eggs retrieved - LH levels tested during retrieval were revealed to be extremely low, determining that Lupron trigger did not work (most likely defective bottle). IVF cycle #3- Suppression with two weeks letrozole. Stimulation with gonal-F and ganirelex (no menopur due to ovaries reacting strongly to a F). Awaiting frozen transfer due to elevated estrogen levels at retrieval. TBD!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Crozer Chester Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Brooke)
Brooke is an amazing nurse - not only is she caring, warm and friendly, but she is also very knowledgeable in her field. She is well-versed in the mechanisms behind medications, as well as the steps of each procedure - making you feel very safe when discussing your care with her. She works very hard, always calling you with updates and results within a very timely manner. She has even given me her cell phone number to call in case I had any trouble with administering medication over the weekend.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. El-Roiy did the best he could with what we could afford financially and with our insurance. He wasn’t willing to give up and he stayed with us every step of the way, even when we weren’t successful.... The only thing our insurance would cover was artificial insemination. We did the medicines, like clomid, progesterone suppositories, etc. before hand and followed up with ultrasounds to see when it would be best to inseminate. Also we did timed intercourse.
It’s nice in the office, a lot of room and the exam rooms and equipment is all too notch. It was very clean and inviting. They [Crozer Chester Med Ctr] even had a wall of all the babies they had helped create throughout the years there which I loved the most... Our nurse was the best part of our care! She handled us with great care and compassion! She was on our team and our biggest fan! She did everything the soonest and best she could do it!
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Dr. El-Roiy did the best he could with what we could afford financially and with our insurance. He wasn’t willing to give up and he stayed with us every step of the way, even when we weren’t successful. Eventually we did get our miracle baby so I consider it to be a blessing no matter what!
Be open and honest. Do what your heart tells you and trust in the doctor to what he needs to do.
Dr. El-Roiy was very compassionate and blunt towards us, he was honest. He told us what our results showed and what our probabilities were going in each direction. He gave us his professional opinion and was very dedicated to see us with our miracle baby and not go through anymore heartbreak if he could help us do so.
The only thing our insurance would cover was artificial insemination. We did the medicines, like clomid, progesterone suppositories, etc. before hand and followed up with ultrasounds to see when it would be best to inseminate. Also we did timed intercourse. All of which did not result in a baby, but a miracle still happened and I believe it was bc of the infertility meds I was on that made it possible for my miracle baby to stick that we got pregnant on our own after 3 failed ai attempts, we were gearing up for our next cycle when we were able to get pregnant on our own, which was never a problem for us, I just couldn’t keep the baby past 8 weeks, but we did this time and we were then followed with blood work, and weekly sonograms until 12 weeks where we switched over to our ob.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Crozer Chester Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: I don’t remember now, she has since left but she was amazing!!)
Describe your experience with Crozer Chester Medical Center.
It’s nice in the office, a lot of room and the exam rooms and equipment is all too notch. It was very clean and inviting. They even had a wall of all the babies they had helped create throughout the years there which I loved the most
We could not afford ivf. So we did iui, 3 rounds, and tat was mostly covered by insurance. I think total we spent $600
Describe Albert El-Roeiy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Crozer Chester Medical Center.
He did say I was a perfect candidate for ivf however we couldn’t afford it, had we been able to he prefers single embryo to multiple for higher of survival if it works then to multiples. I disagree somwhat, I think there shouldn’t be an issue with 2 embryos being transferred especially when we are paying so much for something we have tried for so long and lost multiple times :( those were our babies and they will always be...
Treated 2012 - 2013
Dr Elroiey is an amazing doctor, I felt that when I was unhappy he was unhappy. He felt my pain and shared my joy. Very comforting when things didn’t go as planned and made sure he created a better plan to work the next time!... He thoroughly goes through steps, gives honest opinions on if he thinks something will work. When I woke up from my retrieval that ended in no eggs retrieved he was standing there apologizing and felt my pain. Amazing doctor. 100%
Beth [nurse at Crozer Chester Medical Center] was simply amazing. Caring, sweet and comforting! When I had my ultrasounds she showed me where everything was. Explained in detail to help me understand. A great nurse...This office is a great place to go for fertility. Clean, respectful, compassionate and communication is amazing. They don’t treat you like a number. They are busy people (everyone wants babies ;) ) but they still treat you like a human and genuinely care about your needs.
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Dr elroiey is a compassionate doctor. He tells it how it is but is understanding to feelings and let’s patients have time to go over the plan. He thoroughly goes through steps, gives honest opinions on if he thinks something will work. When I woke up from my retrieval that ended in no eggs retrieved he was standing there apologizing and felt my pain. Amazing doctor. 100%
Listen and trust him, he is honest and will tell you exactly what he thinks. He is compassionate and will keep focusing on you until you get your miracle baby.
Dr Elroiey is an amazing doctor, I felt that when I was unhappy he was unhappy. He felt my pain and shared my joy. Very comforting when things didn’t go as planned and made sure he created a better plan to work the next time! I would go back to him again if I ever wanted more children.
I was on colmid for my cycle before transfer, I took antibiotics and injectables. I’m sorry I don’t remember the details it’s been 5 years.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Crozer Chester Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Beth was simply amazing. Caring, sweet and comforting! When I had my ultrasounds she showed me where everything was. Explained in detail to help me understand. A great nurse.
Describe your experience with Crozer Chester Medical Center.
I didn’t pay much besides co pays and for medicine. My insurance covered it.
He gave me a choice and his recommendations on what he thinks we should choose. He said that my odds were lower because of my condition so he recommends 2 embryos to transfer. My husband and I both agreed.
Treated 2013 - 2016
He [Dr Albert El-Roeiy] doesn't pussy foot - almost too blunt. He can be arrogant and compassionate. He refers to his years of experience and isn't afraid to change protocols if it is in your best interest...If you need your hand held, go elsewhere.....Previous protocol was delestrogen and progesterone. New protocol involved an endo scratch, vaginal Viagra, estrace and progesterone. Scratch (which he was against last year) may encourage white blood cells and assist with implantation. Viagra is to help increase blood supply to uterus.
He [Dr Albert El-Roeiy] took time to answer questions and the waiting room was rarely busy. The new location [at Crozer Chester Upland] is not so great as I always feel rushed in and out....I paid 20k per donor embryo cycle...I had to remind the nurse twice about the Viagra prescription and it was never explained to me how I would take it.
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
He doesn't pussy foot - almost too blunt. He can be arrogant and compassionate. He refers to his years of experience and isn't afraid to change protocols if it is in your best interest.
If you need your hand held, go elsewhere.
He took time to answer questions and the waiting room was rarely busy. The new location is not so great as I always feel rushed in and out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Crozer Chester Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Beth (left in 2015), Brooke (left after 10months) and jamie (been there since I started))
For the most part, they are pretty detached. No real warmth but efficient.
I paid 20k per donor embryo cycle
What specific things went wrong at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Crozer Chester Medical Center.
Treated 2013 - 2014
He [Dr. El-Roeiy] never took my diagnosis into account when he was pushing me into ivf. So I had high fsh and low amh and he put me on long Lupron cycle which isn't indicated for this. He also did two cycle day 2 transfers and I would have preferred to wait until day 5 to see if I had a viable embryo vs the 2 failed cycles. Poor communication....I was put on the wrong dosage for Long Lupron Cycle and i was extremely under stimulated which i feel lead to only 2 eggs!
[Nurse at Crozer Chester - Upland] took a while to return calls...I was put on the wrong dosage for Long Lupron Cycle and i was extremely under stimulated which i feel lead to only 2 eggs!...10k for IVF 1000 for IUI...He [Dr. El-Roeiy] never took my diagnosis into account when he was pushing me into ivf....He also did two cycle day 2 transfers and I would have preferred to wait until day 5...Didn't have a detailed game plan for me
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
He never took my diagnosis into account when he was pushing me into ivf. So I had high fsh and low amh and he put me on long Lupron cycle which isn't indicated for this. He also did two cycle day 2 transfers and I would have preferred to wait until day 5 to see if I had a viable embryo vs the 2 failed cycles. Poor communication. Also the nurse did my IUI.
Please find an office how has a state of the art lab and someone who will match your diagnosis and cater to a treatment plan that matches it
Didn't have a detailed game plan for me
Long Lupron Cycle- Menopur and Endometrim Short Lupron Cycle Menopur and Endometrim
Describe your experience with your nurse at Crozer Chester Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: BEth)
took a while to return calls
10k for IVF 1000 for IUI
he said to put in 2 and even 3 but the 3rd didnt make it past day 2
What specific things went wrong at Crozer Chester Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Crozer Chester Medical Center.