Medical SchoolVanderbilt
ResidencyBrigham & Women's Hosp
FellowshipMass Gen Hosp
2365 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 60%Don't recommend: 40%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals to a friend?
How was your experience with Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
We went to Generations after a lot of wasted time and money with another clinic. From the time we walked in the door for our first visit, we were treated with respect, and not like just another number. Dr. Stanic-Kostic spent a LONG time just talking to us, asking questions about our history, and explaining everything in great detail. He was very personable and understanding. The main reason we'd left the previous clinic was that they had refused to do ANY testing with either my husband or I, and just continued to put me on very high doses of medication. Dr. Stanic-Kostic agreed that this was not appropriate, and immediately ordered testing for both of us. For me, this included a hysteroscopy and saline sonogram to rule out any fibroids or abnormalities (that came back totally clear). My husband did a semen analysis, which showed only 1% morphology (but a very high overall count and excellent motility). However, with morphology being so low, our chances of becoming pregnant without IUI or IVF were very slim (this is why none of the treatments were successful with the previous clinic). The staff at Generations did a wonderful job of explaining the results to us and then helped us to plan a course of action, which was to include oral meds, injectable meds, and then and IUI. If that didn't work, we would move on to IVF. However, just two weeks later (while we were getting ready to order the injectable meds to start the IUI cycle) I found out I'm pregnant! I'm now 19 weeks along with a healthy baby girl! I truly believe that the hysteroscopy made the difference and that had that been done before, we would have avoided a lot of expense and heartache. I regret that we didn't come to Generations sooner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Do not hesitate to make an appointment to see him! The only drawback is that he only works there 1 day per week (he's at UW the rest of the time). However, if he is not available, the other doctors in the clinic are, so you are always in good hands. Also, he is often running behind schedule for his appointments, but trust me this is a GOOD thing. It is because he takes as much time as necessary with every patient, and will not leave you until he is sure that you are feeling comfortable and informed. He is absolutely worth the wait.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
We received AMAZING care at Generations. From the receptionists to the nurses and doctors, we were treated with nothing but compassion, professionalism, and attentiveness. Dr. Stanic-Kostic talks a lot, but this is a positive because he spends as much time as necessary with every patient to answer all questions and provide as much information (and reassurance) as possible.
Describe the protocols Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic used in your cycles at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals and their degree of success.
I had a hysteroscopy and saline infused sonogram, which found no abnormalities. However I believe it was successful in flushing out debris left from my previous miscarriage, as I ended up getting pregnant shortly after the procedure. Had this NOT been successful, the plan was to do a cycle with letrozole and injectable FSH with an ovidrel trigger and IUI. This would have also included a baseline ultrasound on cycle day 3 and a follicle scan. Dr. Stanic is very cautious and will cancel a cycle if there are more than 2 mature follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
After finding out I was pregnant, I called the nurse at Generations, who was AMAZING. She completely understood my anxiety, given my previous miscarriage, and offered me blood draws and a 7 week ultrasound to ease my mind. And when my primary doctor (at Dean Clinic) messed up and mistakenly told me my blood levels were not rising appropriately, the nurse at Generations was right there to advocate for me, talk me through my panic, and get the issue straightened out immediately. When we came in for the 7 week ultrasound, she cried tears of joy right along with us as we saw that little heartbeat on the screen, presented us with a "Congratulations" card, and hugged us both. When this baby is born, I plan to send in pictures and a thank you card.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is very clean and professional and the lobby has a relaxing calming atmosphere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
Due to lack of insurance coverage (the clinic is out of network) we paid 50% up to a $2000 lifetime maximum and 100% for medications. Prices were very comparable to other clinics in the region.
Middleton
He is straight to the point, which I really appreciated. the clinic works in a rotation setting, so I only saw Dr. Stanic-Kostic a couple of times. But I really enjoyed my time with him when I did visit him. He would always talk through what he was doing and explain each step. He is pretty blunt, so if that's not your style you may want to try to meet with others in the office. After my hysteroscopy he was very forward with making sure I understood that this could take some time and to be ready for the long haul.
ask questions, he has a lot of knowledge and is willing to share!
I was on a 10 day cycle of 5mg of Letrozole. I would take the meds day 3-13. I would come in to be monitored around day 13 to make sure I had a mature folical, then take a Hcg trigger shot to have the egg drop.
they are great. open and willing to communicate. The number one complaint I had was it could sometime take a few hours to get back to me when I called. Not a huge deal, but could be stressful if you were low on meds or started your cycle day.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
you get a doctor, but every time you come in you see a provider. the actual provider I was assigned to was an NP, but I only ever saw her once. It worked for me, but if you want a tight relationship, this may not be the place. I enjoyed everyone I saw, but never felt bonded with anyone specifically.
Middleton
Dr. Stanic-Kostic is very attentive to answer any questions you may have and explains the procedures as going along, as well as checking to make sure I am feeling comfortable. His bedside manner is warm and he is never rushed.... Great doctor only downfall is that he only works there 1 day per week. However, if he is not available, the other doctors in the clinic are great, so you are always in good hands.... Dr. Stanic-Kostic preformed my hysteroscopy to determine reason for why our fertility issues.
Very caring and considerate of our feelings and concerns. Took the time to explain the procedures and what to expect.
Dr. Stanic-Kostic preformed my hysteroscopy to determine reason for why our fertility issues. He also did the insemination for 2 of my IUI's cycles.
Nursing staff was wonderful - always friendly and helpful. When not able to answer my questions immediately, they always called me back promptly with the answer.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is very clean and professional. The lobby has a relaxing, calming atmosphere and very spacious. They have ample ultrasound and consult rooms. The staff keep the office very clean and organized.
IUI (1 ultrasound + sperm processing and IUI) $750ish per cycle (not including meds... meds were about $160 for letrozole and ovidrel from costco)