1 review

Alex Robles works in 1 office at

Columbia University

5 Columbus Circle

2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Robles] always listened to me and not rush to the next patient and made sure that I asked all my questions. I was very nervous when I started the process but every time when I saw him I alway felt calm and had confidence in him and that the cycle would go well...he would always tried to meet with me even though he did not need to when I had to come in for things such as morning monitoring or egg retrieval...
the coordinator and financial specialist [at Columbia University] are very responsive...all the nurses are very friendly and considerate...it is very clean inside it might be crowded sometimes so I needed to wait for 5-15 minutes when I was doing egg monitoring in the morning because everyone come to this place for their good reputation Not all doctors are as nice as dr. Robles, all the doctors are very busy. There was one doctor, which I only saw once and he rushed to the next patient so I did not even get the chance to ask questions...
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Dr. Robles is the best doctor that I have met. Dr. Robles is an amazing, wonderful doctor because he cares about his patients. He is very professional. He always listened to me and not rush to the next patient and made sure that I asked all my questions. I was very nervous when I started the process but every time when I saw him I alway felt calm and had confidence in him and that the cycle would go well. Back then he was not certified, but he would always tried to meet with me even though he did not need to when I had to come in for things such as morning monitoring or egg retrieval. I picked a day that he was in the office to do embroyer transfer. I felt awesome after the transfer and I knew it would be a success. I think trust between patient and doctor is extremely important because it really affects your mood. Positive emotions and attitudes greatly affect the transfer success rate. I highly recommend Dr. Robles to everyone, and I am 100% sure that I will come back to him for my second baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alex Robles at Columbia University?
trust your doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
He always listened to me and did not rush to the next patient and made sure that I asked all my questions. I was very nervous when I started the process but every time when I saw him I always felt calm and had confidence in him and that the cycle would go well.
Describe the protocols Alex Robles used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval -- I took pills and injections daily for about a week. I came in to do morning monitoring every other day. When the eggs matured, we did the egg retrieval. We had 26 eggs. With donor sperm, we fertilized 11 eggs. After five days, only four embryos were frozen. We also did the PSG test. IVF (frozen cycle) -- Due to hormone issues, we did not perform a fresh cycle. After the egg retrieval cycle, I was ready for IVF. We did more progesterone injections. After the IVF procedure, we did about 30 more progesterone injections. At about day 10 after IVF, we had a positive pregnancy test at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Organize: the coordinator and financial specialist are very responsive Friendly: all the nurses are very friendly and considerate Clean: it is very clean inside it might be crowded sometimes so I needed to wait for 5-15 minutes when I was doing egg monitoring in the morning because everyone come to this place for their good reputation Not all doctors are as nice as dr. Robles, all the doctors are very busy. There was one doctor, which I only saw once and he rushed to the next patient so I did not even get the chance to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
I came in for morning and it was very easy, although sometimes it might be crowded and i needed to wait for some time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alex Robles at Columbia University.
I can get discounts for my medications, and it was much cheaper than what I expected. I spent about 2000-3000 on the medication
Alex Robles