Houston Fertility Institute

Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolUniversity of Florida
ResidencyUniversity of Texas
FellowshipAlbert Einstein College/Montefiore Med Ctr
Beaumont
6025 Metropolitan Drive
Beaumont, TX 77706
409-212-1636
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alexa Clapp to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
She [Dr. Alexa Clapp] mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Over all communication [at Houston Fertility Institute] was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
She mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Even if you don't have many questions during consult she was always easily reachable via email to answer questions I had later.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
We had several conversation before starting treatment where she answered our questions throughly. Even when our cycle failed we had answers and a new plan. When she didn't have the answers she openly talked about consulting her colleagues and sent me studies to answer the questions I did have.
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After all of test results appeared to be normal and on the right track we used birth control to bring my levels down. Once my endocrinologist ok'd my A1c level to start it was gonal and menopur with ovidril starting half way through our tx. Growth via ultrasound was consist although there was concern my estrogen wasn't rising as expected. Before retrieval there were an estimated 4 eggs. Day of retrieval a different Dr performed my procedure, she found 2 eggs but was only able to reach one due to location.
There are two main nurses on the office and although you have one that is assigned to your doctor each nurse is familiar with your case and can sub in for each other as needed.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Over all communication was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
I could schedule before work as needed sometimes I could be seen before the official open hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
We paid out of pocket the first round about 17000 medication was cheaper with the clinic discount verses my insurance.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Due to being high risk due to age and being diabetic single embryo transfer was our best option for the safety and health for me and future baby.
Houston - Hous
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.

I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.... She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor.... We started off with the basics finding out the issue. Then we progressed to which treatment would be best.
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.... They [nurses] were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
HFI was amazinf from the very first consultation. I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.
To choose Dr. Clapp if you want a doctor who is trustworthy and will help you with anything
She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor. At HFI you are a human not a number.
They were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.
IVF is around 12 thousand dollars