Good

Alexa Clapp works at

6025 Metropolitan Drive
Beaumont, TX 77706
409-212-1636

Dr. Clapp has a way of speaking to patients like a friend, presenting all the facts while also being delicate. She has a positive and confident demeanor that puts anyone at ease...she presented all of our options and steps to us clearly and in detail as well as ways to pivot if we got an undesirable result...extremely personable and confident and makes us feel that we will get the outcome we all desire, a family of our own
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is very welcoming...really get to know one another. They are friendly, attentive, and always available if you call to ask questions...costs for an oral medication cycle was roughly $900. The cost for an injectable cycle is around $2000...nice area with a free parking garage
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
When we first consulted with Dr. Clapp she welcomed us like old friends. After going over all of our labs, she presented all of our options and steps to us clearly and in detail as well as ways to pivot if we got an undesirable result. We had to cancel our cycle due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but Dr.Clapp made a point to contact us personally outlining what we would do next as soon as we could get back in the clinic and calmed all of our anxieties and fears. She’s extremely personable and confident and makes us feel that we will get the outcome we all desire, a family of our own.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come prepared when seeing Dr. Clapp. If you have any questions write them down and make sure to ask them. If you have any labs, vaccination records, or test results, bring them with you. There’s no such thing as too much information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My husband and I wanted to try to get pregnant as naturally as possible, however I was diagnosed with PCOS. We started our cycle out with taking Letrozol, once we found that my ovaries were resistant, we switched to a cycle of Clomid, upping the dosage each time. My follicles continued not to mature, so with a new cycle we are doing doing a combination of things, including taking Metformin and injectables.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is very welcoming. Because we have to sometimes come in multiple times a week to monitor the growth of follicles, we have the opportunity to really get to know one another. They are friendly, attentive, and always available if you call to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is one of the largest and most successful fertility clinics in the Greater Houston Area. There are multiple locations so be sure to find one close to your home. Our clinic is located in a nice area with a free parking garage. The clinic itself has a bunch of useful literature if you need it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
The costs for an oral medication cycle was roughly $900. The cost for an injectable cycle is around $2000.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I don’t have any comments on this because we haven’t gotten to that point in our fertility journey yet, and haven’t discussed.
Beaumont Office

Dr Clapp is a wonderful specialist. She is extremely knowledgeable and always happy to explain any procedure to what ever detail made us comfortable. She personally called the lab when we had questions about laboratory equipment and procedures. If I had questions the nurses couldn’t answer she would personally call back. Sometimes she can be matter of fact, but she does care about her patients greatly.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate. ... They had a wide variety of financial options. They range from single egg retrieval to multiple retrievals and transfers.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
she Works at multiple facilities, so don’t be concerned if you can’t see her every visit. She reviews all the results and works with the other doctors in her practice and ultimately makes the recommendations for your treatment
The nurses were spectacular. Called every day to check on me, provide updates and answer any questions I had
We started with androgen Hormone priming (estrogen & testosterone) to promote better quality eggs since I am older than 35 & previous 2 retrievals resulted in Poor quality embryos. We planned on a 10 day ovarian stimulation with max doses of menopur and gonal F. She adjusted to 12 days of stimulation to allow the eggs to further mature. We had planned on fresh day 3 transfer. Dr clapp recommended against this as my progesterone rose to a level where fresh transfers are unsuccessful. She explained everything and we moved to a freeze all. By day 5 we only had 1 blast embryo, but 5 still growing. We let them mature to day 6 and got one more blast. We then did a frozen transfer of both embryos (one excellent quality the other fair). We had a live singleton birth as the result. No complications during pregnancy. Easy birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Called frequently with test results and to check on me. Very friendly and compassionate. Efficient at care & provided excellent follow up
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate.
Dr Clapp makes her recommendations on a case by case basis. I really felt like she was tailoring our treatment to us vs blindly following a protocol.
Beaumont Office
She [Dr. Alexa Clapp] mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Over all communication [at Houston Fertility Institute] was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
She mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Even if you don't have many questions during consult she was always easily reachable via email to answer questions I had later.
We had several conversation before starting treatment where she answered our questions throughly. Even when our cycle failed we had answers and a new plan. When she didn't have the answers she openly talked about consulting her colleagues and sent me studies to answer the questions I did have.
After all of test results appeared to be normal and on the right track we used birth control to bring my levels down. Once my endocrinologist ok'd my A1c level to start it was gonal and menopur with ovidril starting half way through our tx. Growth via ultrasound was consist although there was concern my estrogen wasn't rising as expected. Before retrieval there were an estimated 4 eggs. Day of retrieval a different Dr performed my procedure, she found 2 eggs but was only able to reach one due to location.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
There are two main nurses on the office and although you have one that is assigned to your doctor each nurse is familiar with your case and can sub in for each other as needed.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Over all communication was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
I could schedule before work as needed sometimes I could be seen before the official open hours.
We paid out of pocket the first round about 17000 medication was cheaper with the clinic discount verses my insurance.
Due to being high risk due to age and being diabetic single embryo transfer was our best option for the safety and health for me and future baby.
Houston Office
I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.... She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor.... We started off with the basics finding out the issue. Then we progressed to which treatment would be best.
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.... They [nurses] were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
HFI was amazinf from the very first consultation. I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.
To choose Dr. Clapp if you want a doctor who is trustworthy and will help you with anything
She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor. At HFI you are a human not a number.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
They were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.
IVF is around 12 thousand dollars