Reproductive Partners Fertility Center

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolVictoria
ResidencyBrigham & Women's Hosp
FellowshipUSC
La Jolla
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alexander Quaas to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?
2013 - 2014
Before my first appointment, I was incredibly scared. We began the appointment by just talking and I felt at ease very quickly. He was very honest but tactful. He seemed concerned about my overall health and not just my reproductive status....He's a native of Germany so be prepared for some cultural differences. This was not a problem for me, but for some it might be....I had a transvaginal ultrasound to check for abnormalities in anatomy. I had three rounds of 100mg clomiphene with a Novarel injection. On the third round, he performed an intrauterine insemination that was successful. After blood tests confirmed pregnancy, I was given supplemental progesterone in the form of vaginal suppositories.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Dr. Quaas is a very compassionate, caring individual who wanted only the best for me.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at OU Physicians Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
All of the nurses at this clinic are friendly, courteous, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Wait times for an available appointment can take several months. The waiting room has never been crowded when I've been there. There is a water cooler and a Keurig in the waiting room for patient refreshment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
I was mailed a price list after scheduling my initial appointment. My total cost, not including medication, was about $2,000. My IUI cost $400. I don't remember the individual costs for office visits and ultrasound exams.
Oklahoma City
He [Dr. Alexander Quaas] was nice and subtly blunt. He never got our expectations up too high and gave us the options for our treatments. We could have moved on to other fertility processes if we wanted but felt comfortable with what we were doing...As a patient we loved him and felt very comfortable with him. His schedule with the clinic is less than disirerable. But that is a little out of his control. He was great . My husband felt comfortable with him too.
Just be blunt with him too on what is going on and your expectations.
He was nice and subtly blunt. He never got our expectations up too high and gave us the options for our treatments. We could have moved on to other fertility processes if we wanted but felt comfortable with what we were doing.
The nurses did not pay any attention to my chart before they would do the IUIs. So Everytime I'd have to wait extra and then one of the doctors would actually come do it because they couldn't just take two seconds to look at the chart.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
My husband seemed to be comfortable there. I thought the nurses would try to move too quickly between patients and the clinic felt private when I was being seen. The waiting was never too terrible and they handled my bill properly. The way the gave medicine was weird but I don't have another clinic to compare that too.
Our insurance covered 75% of the IUIs. Because of the way they did they're prescriptions we paid out of pocket for all the shots about$125 a piece. And insurance covered clomid and famara.
What specific things went wrong at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Oklahoma City
Dr. Quaas sat down with me and my husband on my first appointment and explained things so well and have us such hope! He treated me so warmly each visit...was very optimistic that I would end up pregnant. He was very kind and compassionate when I didn't get the results we were hoping for at times. When I got pregnant, he called me personally to congratulate me and that me feel so special. Sadly, he moved away shortly thereafter and didn't get to perform my first pregnancy ultrasound.
Dr. Quaas was very optimistic that I would end up pregnant. He was very kind and compassionate when I didn't get the results we were hoping for at times. When I got pregnant, he called me personally to congratulate me and that me feel so special. Sadly, he moved away shortly thereafter and didn't get to perform my first pregnancy ultrasound.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
I took Letrozole starting at the lowest dosage in October and worked up to the highest dosage by March. We did trigger injections and timed intercourse. I didn't get pregnant, so in March we decided to do the IUI. I found out I was pregnant in April.
They were very friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
It takes a while to get in for your first appointment but after that they're great to get you in when needed. They are professional yet warm and friendly. Sometimes there is a wait time before appointments.
For 6 months of treatment, my cost was approximately $2,000.
PCOS, Other
PCOS, Other
I feel that Dr Quaas is confident and knowledgeable. Helpful and eager for the same result that I want. Sometimes I think he knows his job too well that he does forget to explain what a term means or what a test is for but I always ask or the nurses tell me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He always has a good answer and if not then he will find out.
The treat me with kindness and understanding. Promo when relaying info knowing that I'm waiting. Always warm and friendly.
The first cycle was hard because it's the cue that they are able to tweak and make sure to know what will be needed for next time. Take Femara CD3 to 7 then HCG injection around CD14. He has us call on CD3 1 or positive hpt. Not success yet but have found the right doses needed to make my cycle move along as "normal"
If I had to call with CD14 they are always sympathetic and patient when preparing for the next cycle. They always explain thing they know the Dr. may have missed.