Nurse available by email
FellowshipUSC
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alexander Quaas to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Quass is always patient and compassionate. He has helped me tot stay positive in a situation that can very often make one feel inadequate or negative. ... Dr. Quass has always gone out of his way to make sure we understand every step of the process and make sure that we are comfortable with it. ... I have had 3 IUI's thus far ... He spends as much time as we need going over everything and is so thorough. He is very patient and kind.
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I feel very confident in Dr. Quass and his ability to assist me in getting pregnant. Dr. Quass is always patient and compassionate. He has helped me tot stay positive in a situation that can very often make one feel inadequate or negative.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Don't be discouraged, trust that he will help you to the best of his ability. He is truly compassionate, warm, kind and trustworthy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Quass has always gone out of his way to make sure we understand every step of the process and make sure that we are comfortable with it. He spends as much time as we need going over everything and is so thorough. He is very patient and kind.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have had 3 IUI's thus far, I am currently awaiting the results of the third one. We tried clomid on the first round, upon realizing my lining wasn't thickening enough, they changed me to letrizole. I had strong reactions to the clomid so I was thrilled to change. My lining thickened as was intended and we decided to use a trigger shot the next two times to pin point my ovulation. The over the counter tests weren't giving the correct results, based on low results in my blood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
All of the nursing staff has been exceptional. hey are all very warm, compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are all very warm and compassionate. I would recommend them to anyone, I have recommended them already. I feel confident that I will get pregnant with this team by my side. I would feel very confident recommending them to anyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
You pay every time you go for everything they do that day, blood work, sonograms, iui, consults, etc.
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexander Quaas at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
He’s [Dr. Quaas] quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-) ... He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well.
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
He really comes off like he wants to get to know you. He will engage with my husband about sports and things that make him feel included and talked to as well. He lets us ask whatever question we have, and genuinely seems to take interest in helping when we have questions on things. He’s very compassionate, yet also extremely positive which helps takes the stress off of something that is truly hard to go through.
He’s quirky and he talks a lot. You have to want the kind of doctor who sees past the clinical but also seems so passionate about reseArch and the fertility field. You also need to make sure you have a good amount of time for meetings with him - you could end up with a 30 minute conversation about soccer ;-)
He’s quirky but extremely friendly, caring. And seems to really want to get to know his patients. He regularly spends time with us, even if we don’t have a scheduled appointment - for example if we are in for a blood draw - he will stop and chat with us. He engages on things to get to know us as people and a couple, and makes us feel like be really wants to help us grow our family.
Very low dose stimulation for the retrieval because of my previous cycle getting so many eggs, but we still got a lot of eggs. We used I think 75 of menopur and 50 of gonal-f but I can’t totally remember. Also used a steroid, and baby aspirin and a z-pack before. For the transfer, estrogen patches, progesterone in oil, a few days of steroid and a few days of antibiotics but I didn’t take them per a recommendation for my specific case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
What i love is that every person - even billing, and the people who take your blood - seem to know what’s going on in your case and asks about how your feeling or how a specific drug or process is going. Everyone makes you feel cared about, and taken care of. Our nurse coordinator is awesome. Super compassionate, easy to get a hold of, fields questions with ease, and will spend time explaining things.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office isn’t huge, and we love that. We also love that we see our doctor for every scan and procedure. The nursing staff is on point with knowing your case and being compassionate and interested. You feel like a person, not a walking dollar sign. Even the billing and Insurance departments are super helpful and nice. The biggest weakness is honestly the parking lot. It’s not fun and I’m scared I’ll hit someone. Also, they could use some more pictures and things on the walls. On one hand - you feel like the pictures of Kids and things are genuine, and the offices with no pictures are there and money is spent elsewhere. On the other hand, it could make some of the rooms feel a little less clinical with a picture or two
I’m not 100% sure. I believe a retrieval is about $10k and a transfer is $2k
Describe Alexander Quaas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
It seems to be standard practice in their office.
La Jolla

Dr. Quaas is equal parts kind and knowledgable. He answered all of my questions about the IVF process but also about PCOS (my underlying diagnosis) which had never before been answered by other fertility doctors. ... Dr. Quaas cared about not only my IVF cycle (hormone levels, follicle development, eggs retrieved), but also how I was feeling and doing during the process. He reassured me when I was nervous and he helped me feel as calm and comfortable with the process as possible.
Dr. Quaas is equal parts kind and knowledgable. He answered all of my questions about the IVF process but also about PCOS (my underlying diagnosis) which had never before been answered by other fertility doctors. He is an amazing doctor, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a kind, smart, and skilled reproductive endocrinologist.
He is willing to answer any questions you have about fertility and fertility treatments, so don't be afraid to ask!
Dr. Quaas cared about not only my IVF cycle (hormone levels, follicle development, eggs retrieved), but also how I was feeling and doing during the process. He reassured me when I was nervous and he helped me feel as calm and comfortable with the process as possible. He is genuinely warm and caring, and I am grateful for him!
I can't remember the specific protocols used. I remember we talked a lot about using injectable hormones to try to get one follicle to ovulate versus going straight to IVF. He explained his rational for recommending going straight to IVF by explaining that it would be very difficult for someone with my ovarian reserve to ovulate a single follicle with injectable drugs, and it would likely take a lot of trial and error to titrate the dose.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson)
Amy is simply the best! She is very kind and knowledgable. I genuinely enjoyed going to the clinic to see her and felt supported by her at every step of our IVF process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Reproductive Partners and the staff there are all professional, organized, and kind. They made me feel comfortable immediately during my first appointment and made me felt cared for along the way. The front desk staff knew my name, greeted me warmly, and seemed to genuinely care about how I was doing during each visit. They answered questions about insurance, communicated well with us, and were always kind!
My insurance luckily covered a big chunk of IVF costs, so I payed a copay for every ultrasound and 20% of drug costs. Retrieval procedure cost another $2500 or so.
The clinic has a strong preference for single embryo transfer.

IUI, 2 IVF
He [Dr. Quaas] really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed....Easy to talk to. Never felt judged. Always gave us as much information as possible so we could make the best decision. Went above and beyond with respect to follow up and checking in to make sure everything was going great after the procedure.
IUI, 2 IVF
Be yourself and don't be afraid to convey any fears/questions/concerns. He will happily address all of them and guide you towards a treatment plan that works best for you.
He really took the time to get to know us and our situation. Seemed like he really cared about us. Was always nice and personable. Never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy N.)
Amy always kept us in the loop and responded quickly to emails and phone calls. We always felt that she had our best interest at heart at all times. The few times we interacted with other nursing staff, they went above and beyond as Amy did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All staff are well organized, personable, and quality of treatment is top notch. We have had a issues getting a few things resolved with the finance department (emails that have not been returned regarding an issue with a claim form/billing). Always take early appointments if possible because parking can be a nightmare later in the day.
Our total costs for 2 egg retrievals including genetic testing and medications was roughly $45,000 before insurance reimbursement. The clinic was out of network and the treatments occurred during 2 different calendar years which increased our net cost slightly.
We are happy our doctor uses eSET because we specifically sought out an expert in this.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Quaas was extremely kind, had a great sense of humor and I felt super comfortable in his care....He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great.... We had severe MFI & my age left me with lower quality eggs. He pulled out almost all of the stops without going overboard to get me wonderful results.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
After our failed cycle at another clinic where I felt like just another number, I was very nervous to start all over again. I knew right away after meeting Dr. Quaas and his nurse Amy that I was in wonderful hands and I would bring home a baby one day thanks to them. He was super compassionate, fun to talk to and always listened to all of my questions. His schedule was very flexible and the office was great. I would recommend him to anyone needing his services without hesitation. As much as I am glad to be done with my IVF treatment thanks to his great care & treatment plan, I will miss him and his staff!
He is the best you will get without a doubt!
The nursing staff was AMAZING & Amy was beyond fantastic. I couldn't have asked for better.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic got busy every once in a while, but nothing crazy. Most visits were right on time! The schedule was very flexible & I never had trouble getting in at a good time. Everyone was very helpful & always greeting you with a smile.
Roughly 13k for retrieval process, about 10k+ for retrieval and transfer meds, 5k for various PGS testing and other costs
We only had one good embryo to use and he made it a success!
2013 - 2014
Before my first appointment, I was incredibly scared. We began the appointment by just talking and I felt at ease very quickly. He was very honest but tactful. He seemed concerned about my overall health and not just my reproductive status....He's a native of Germany so be prepared for some cultural differences. This was not a problem for me, but for some it might be....I had a transvaginal ultrasound to check for abnormalities in anatomy. I had three rounds of 100mg clomiphene with a Novarel injection. On the third round, he performed an intrauterine insemination that was successful. After blood tests confirmed pregnancy, I was given supplemental progesterone in the form of vaginal suppositories.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Dr. Quaas is a very compassionate, caring individual who wanted only the best for me.
Describe the protocols Alexander Quaas used in your cycles at OU Physicians Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
All of the nurses at this clinic are friendly, courteous, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Wait times for an available appointment can take several months. The waiting room has never been crowded when I've been there. There is a water cooler and a Keurig in the waiting room for patient refreshment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
I was mailed a price list after scheduling my initial appointment. My total cost, not including medication, was about $2,000. My IUI cost $400. I don't remember the individual costs for office visits and ultrasound exams.
Oklahoma City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexander Quaas at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.

He [Dr. Alexander Quaas] was nice and subtly blunt. He never got our expectations up too high and gave us the options for our treatments. We could have moved on to other fertility processes if we wanted but felt comfortable with what we were doing...As a patient we loved him and felt very comfortable with him. His schedule with the clinic is less than disirerable. But that is a little out of his control. He was great . My husband felt comfortable with him too.
Just be blunt with him too on what is going on and your expectations.
He was nice and subtly blunt. He never got our expectations up too high and gave us the options for our treatments. We could have moved on to other fertility processes if we wanted but felt comfortable with what we were doing.
The nurses did not pay any attention to my chart before they would do the IUIs. So Everytime I'd have to wait extra and then one of the doctors would actually come do it because they couldn't just take two seconds to look at the chart.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
My husband seemed to be comfortable there. I thought the nurses would try to move too quickly between patients and the clinic felt private when I was being seen. The waiting was never too terrible and they handled my bill properly. The way the gave medicine was weird but I don't have another clinic to compare that too.
Our insurance covered 75% of the IUIs. Because of the way they did they're prescriptions we paid out of pocket for all the shots about$125 a piece. And insurance covered clomid and famara.
What specific things went wrong at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
Oklahoma City

Dr.Quaas made me feel comfortable through the entire process and had a very positive attitude. He communicated well and made the visits comfortable. I felt I could trust that I had a very good doctor taking care of me. ... Proffessional doctor and clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center], listened to my goals, worked with my schedule and took the time to explain any questions I had.
Don’t wait to get your fertility treatment or egg freezing done later, if you are thinking about it, do it!
Proffessional doctor and clinic, listened to my goals, worked with my schedule and took the time to explain any questions I had.
After consultation a schedule was made and after starting hormone shots, bloodwork was done every day to monitor levels and progress. US was done every few days up until trigger shots and retrieval, all scheduled within my busy work schedule!!
Great team of proffessional that was very experienced and very organized. I saw many different nurses and they were all great with a great attitude!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Very organized staff, clinic was clean and had a friendly atmosphere but maybe a bit outdated as far as design. Parking was good, waiting area ok and payments and checkout were quick. Overall very satisfied.
Medications $3-5K Consultation $250 Appointments and egg retrieval around $9K
La Jolla

Dr. Quaas sat down with me and my husband on my first appointment and explained things so well and have us such hope! He treated me so warmly each visit...was very optimistic that I would end up pregnant. He was very kind and compassionate when I didn't get the results we were hoping for at times. When I got pregnant, he called me personally to congratulate me and that me feel so special. Sadly, he moved away shortly thereafter and didn't get to perform my first pregnancy ultrasound.
Dr. Quaas was very optimistic that I would end up pregnant. He was very kind and compassionate when I didn't get the results we were hoping for at times. When I got pregnant, he called me personally to congratulate me and that me feel so special. Sadly, he moved away shortly thereafter and didn't get to perform my first pregnancy ultrasound.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
I took Letrozole starting at the lowest dosage in October and worked up to the highest dosage by March. We did trigger injections and timed intercourse. I didn't get pregnant, so in March we decided to do the IUI. I found out I was pregnant in April.
They were very friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
It takes a while to get in for your first appointment but after that they're great to get you in when needed. They are professional yet warm and friendly. Sometimes there is a wait time before appointments.
For 6 months of treatment, my cost was approximately $2,000.
Oklahoma City
Dr Quaas is professional in appearance and speaks in a professional manner. After sitting down with him a few times I started losing some faith in his judgement. A lot of my medical decisions were made by board members who had no clue of who I was or my individual condition. At the end of my unsuccessful cycle I was told that I was “over stimulated”. I felt deceived and like a number...
I hope his training is over and he is better trained for an individuals needs.
My POC (plan of care) was based on a general population of women, not designed for me as an individual.
I began with birth control for month and a half, moving on to injections. There were several categories of injections. During this time I was also have transvaginal ultrasounds. Leading up to the point of egg meets sperm. I know this may be vague but not a great memory because it had a heartbreaking ending.
Nursing staff was professional and concerned.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Strength - confidentiality was top scale. They put me at ease, and explained information to understanding because there is a lot of things you have to do at home. Weakness - Working with several different people that I had to build confidence in.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
This was such a delicate procedure, if your timing was off it was held till Monday. No scheduling was ever made on weekends.
Describe Alexander Quaas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
None
What specific things went wrong at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Quaas spent a lot of time with us explaining embryo preservation and answering all of our questions. ... Dr. Quaas was amazing. He is very intelligent but also has fantastic bedside manner. He answered all of our questions and even did additional research for us when I had a question that he was not sure about. ... I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
Embryo Freezing
I am still in the process of starting embryo preservation with Dr. Quaas
Amy Nelson is wonderful. She has responded to all of my e-mails promptly and thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Very clean, efficient, friendly staff. Not very long waiting times. Everyone is very helpful. Financial team is great, they give you an estimate of the cost depending on what procedures you select. I do not have any negative things to say.
We have not completed treatment yet so I am not sure the final cost

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Alexander [Quaas] is very friendly and supportive, even with patients with lower chances of pregnancy he has been very supportive and honest ... he takes his time explaining every single detail to me about my situation and the treatment and all. He is very supportive and honest. He made it clear that my case is not the easiest and that it will be a challenge to get me pregnant but still he is supportive and on top of everything.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Quaas is very friendly and nice, he takes his time explaining every single detail to me about my situation and the treatment and all. He is very supportive and honest. He made it clear that my case is not the easiest and that it will be a challenge to get me pregnant but still he is supportive and on top of everything.
Be honest with the dr about your medical situation , financial and emotional as fertility treatment is not easy.
Dr Alexander is very friendly and supportive, even with patients with lower chances of pregnancy he has been very supportive and honest
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson )
Amy is very nice and friendly , she is also very supportive and tries to gets back to me at the earliest whenever I have a question or need anything . She’s great
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Staff are very friendly, the clinic is lovely and organized . Everyone is supportive and friendly I Bieber had any problem dealing with anyone. When I go I get greeted and treated nicely by everyone not just my nurse and dr
La Jolla

Dr. Quads never rushed the appointments, always took the time to thoroughly explain what he was doing and why and even took the time to call me over the phone when some of my results about follicle numbers were not as we had hoped for. Genuine doctor with true care for his patients from my experience....From the beginning I felt a sense of ease with him. Super knowledgeable with a great bedside manner that is often a lost art in the medical field. He truly took time during our visits and I felt like his goal was to get me the best results possible
Be open and ask as many questions as you need to. Don’t be shy, he is very approachable
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: AMy nelson )
Efficient. Easy to get a hold of and talk to
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Overall great experience. Felt the financial piece could have been explained a bit better and reason for certain medications explained further. Apparently lots of choices regarding medication choices, would have liked more in depth explanation as to why this one was chosen.
PCOS, Other
PCOS, Other
I feel that Dr Quaas is confident and knowledgeable. Helpful and eager for the same result that I want. Sometimes I think he knows his job too well that he does forget to explain what a term means or what a test is for but I always ask or the nurses tell me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He always has a good answer and if not then he will find out.
The treat me with kindness and understanding. Promo when relaying info knowing that I'm waiting. Always warm and friendly.
The first cycle was hard because it's the cue that they are able to tweak and make sure to know what will be needed for next time. Take Femara CD3 to 7 then HCG injection around CD14. He has us call on CD3 1 or positive hpt. Not success yet but have found the right doses needed to make my cycle move along as "normal"
If I had to call with CD14 they are always sympathetic and patient when preparing for the next cycle. They always explain thing they know the Dr. may have missed.