Medical SchoolU. of Texas Southwestern
ResidencyParkland Memorial
6130 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
(1-866-483-8392)
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alfred Rodriguez to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Infertility and IVF to a friend?
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Rodriguez was very friendly and sensitive to the fact that we hadn’t been able to get pregnant. He was clear and concise about the procedures I would undergo, and never rushed anything, even though I was anxious to get started. He recommended I have an ultrasound of my uterus done before IUI to rule out any other problems, and it was there that I found out that I had uterine polyps. He never rushed me during appointments or made me feel like a number. He even answered the millions of questions my mom had for him as well! :)
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
Go in there with an open mind. Although the doctor and nurses may be hopeful, always keep a level headed mindset that sometimes things don’t always work the way you want them to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
The nurses were so caring and kind towards my individual situation. I felt like they truly knew me and remembered details about my personal life. Especially Linda!!
Describe the protocols Alfred Rodriguez used in your cycles at Texas Infertility and IVF and their degree of success.
I was to take a medication that would promote follicle growth. I had to go in for sonograms to see if the follicles had begun growing. 24 hours before the planned IUI time, I was instructed to give myself the injection into my belly. After the IUI procedure, we did blood work about a week after to test progesterone levels, and then another blood test a week after that for the actual pregnancy test. Both IUI procedures failed.
I absolutely loved everyone from the women who just took my blood to Linda, who actually performed one of the IUI procedures. She was like a mother to me, so caring and compassionate, especially when calling me to tell me that the IUI procedures were unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with Texas Infertility and IVF.
There were a few issues with billing/payment. 2-3 times I was billed and asked to pay copays, when I shouldn’t have. The staff quickly fixed the issue. The attitude of every staff member I came across was very positive and welcoming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF.
The total cost for each IUI procedure was $900. This included all appointments with Dr. Rodriguez, blood work, and the actual IUI procedure. This price did not include the medication which I had to purchase from a pharmacy, totaling about $200.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He iDr Rodriguez] is the best doctor I have ever come across. I have never met such a understanding and compassionate doctor. I feel like I am his only patient when he is with me and he reassures me all the time. I have been through a lot with him in the last year and he took his time to make sure everything goes right with my upcoming transfer!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
He is the best doctor I have ever come across. I have never met such a understanding and compassionate doctor. I feel like I am his only patient when he is with me and he reassures me all the time. I have been through a lot with him in the last year and he took his time to make sure everything goes right with my upcoming transfer!
His practice does not act like a factory, they take their time to diagnosis and treat you. Don't bother looking for another doctor just go to him right away. He was reffered to us by a good friend who had twins through him and I am so grateful he did.
You feel like you are his only patient when he is with you. He is the only doctor in the practice and everyone knows who you are when you come in! Everyone really take the time with you and explains everything thoroughly. Everyone is extremely friendly and kind.
His protocol was different than my previous fertility doctor, he made sure he looked at everything very carefully. I required two surgeries after my retrieval to remove fibroids and he made sure it was done meticulously. We are currently in the process of doing a frozen transfer next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Infertility and IVF. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
She is great and has been with my doctor for over 20 years. She is very much on her game and has always answered all my questions with compassion and understanding.
Describe your experience with Texas Infertility and IVF.
Its a wonderful warm and welcoming place. All the staff know who you are as soon as you walk in the door. Everyone is extremely friendly, kind and understanding.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Texas Infertility and IVF.
Easy and quick but very imformative.
The total was around $25,000 for everything including hospital, surgery, medications
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Rodriguez was incredible. I saw him at nearly every visit and he always greeted me with a smile and knew my name/where we were.... Again, cannot express how wonderful of a doctor he was. We experienced a full term loss before needing his services, so he was extremely sensitive and compassionate to that situation. He took so much time to explain processes to me and my husband.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
Don't hesitate to see him!
My treatment first started with a hysteroscopy to eliminate fibroids and endometrial tissue. Following that surgery, I began prep for my egg retrieval using several injectables (I don't remember all the names). A few months after my retrieval, we proceeded with the transfer of one embryo.
Just as wonderful as the doctor. They were punctual, professional and encouraging to me. They also understood every step of the process and explained things to me whenever I had a question.
Describe your experience with Texas Infertility and IVF.
I never waited more than ten minutes for an appointment and could always reach a nurse when I needed to. They always called back promptly if I left a message. The office also had Saturday appointments available when I needed them before my retrieval. Children were not allowed in the waiting room, which I thought was a very sensitive philosophy for them to follow for patients who did not have other children.
2010 - 2011
Dr. Rodriguez is very clinical, which can be somewhat off-putting when you are in the middle of all of the hormones and emotions, but he makes it very clear that he's on your team and will do what is best to help you achieve your goal of pregnancy...Dr. Rodriguez, and his staff, knew who I was, what my situation was, etc. - without having to consult my chart. He made sure that we knew our options and allowed us to play active roles in our journey.
2010 - 2011
European, Latino
How was your experience with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
Don't be put off by his clinical nature - he has a phenomenal team of caring nurses/technicians that fill in that gap! He's a really smart guy and cares a LOT about helping his patients.
We starting with stimulation of egg development (sorry, I forget the drugs - all injectables), followed by a trigger shot and IUI. I was developing too many eggs and we had to abandon a cycle, so Dr. R. recommended we move to IVF. We started with Lupron, then the injectables to develop the follicles, followed by the trigger shot and retrieval. Started IM progesteron in oil following the retrieval to keep my lining intact. We transferred on day 3.
All of the nursing staff was kind, compassionate, friendly, and welcoming. They were also efficient. It was a lot of in-and-out, so getting to the point and not having to wait around is very much appreciated!
Describe your experience with Texas Infertility and IVF.
It's within Plano Presbyterian hospital, a small office suite that is nicely decorated and well-equipped.
Cash costs for IUI were around $6000, IVF around $14,000.
Plano
The office was accommodating with my schedule and worked around me needing to bring my son to the clinic. Dr.Rodriguez took time to get to know me and to ask about my personal life as well as my medical history.... Dr.Rodriguez is very intelligent and well educated in infertility. He was very informative while being kind and understanding. He thouroughly read my patient history and helped gather a game plan on our first visit.
How was your experience with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
Take notes! Dr.Rodriguez is very informative and I wish I would have written everything down to tell my husband.
We are just beginning my first cycle with Dr.Rodriguez. We have only done diagnostic testing, I have started birth control, and we will proceed with IVF in the following months.
The nursing staff is very kind and comforting.
Describe your experience with Texas Infertility and IVF.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. They do not allow children when you have appointments but we’re able to work me in the schedule when I had no option but to bring my son. They answer the phone quickly or return my call in a prompt time frame.
So far, we have paid $600-800
Describe Alfred Rodriguez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Infertility and IVF.
Plano
Dr. Rodriguez was up front but understanding about the situation. I appreciated his honesty and being able to quickly give me his best advice. He is incredibly knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I fully trust him with my care....Dr.Rodriguez has always spent the time to have a one on one conversation..... he never makes you feel like he is too busy to talk through everything.... Definitely go to him first! He knows what he is doing.
How was your experience with Alfred Rodriguez at Texas Infertility and IVF?
Definitely go to him first! He knows what he is doing.
The nursing staff is alway very quick to respond to calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Texas Infertility and IVF.
Everything has been very smooth.... they are always quick to communicate and get appointments set. They answer questions quickly as well and set a good expectation of what you can expect during the process and what next steps are. You don’t feel rushed ever. They make you feel like you are the most important person when you are there.
My insurance only covered diagnostic testing. It will be close to 20k gove or take with meds and genetic testing of embryos