Medical SchoolU. of Florida
ResidencyU. of Florida
FellowshipMayo Clinic
4037 NW 86 Terrace
Gainesville, FL 32608
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alice Rhoton-Vlasak to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 80%Don't recommend: 20%8

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UF Health Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
We had 1 cancelled IUI, 1 complete IUI and we are undergoing 1 cycle of IVF currently [with Dr. Rhoton-Vlasak]...always makes sure we understand everything thoroughly before proceeding. You can tell that her main priority is to help us conceive a healthy baby, while also making sure to keep Mom healthy as well!...She keeps us updated at all times. She checks on me thoroughly throughout the process to make sure the dosage is right and we’re progressing properly. She makes us feel comfortable and encourages that we ask as many questions as possible.
How was your experience with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
We love Dr. Rhoton! She keeps us updated at all times. She checks on me thoroughly throughout the process to make sure the dosage is right and we’re progressing properly. She makes us feel comfortable and encourages that we ask as many questions as possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
We don’t have any advice to give in regards to being a patient of Dr. Rhoton’s. She makes the whole experience comfortable and informative.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rhoton always makes sure we understand everything thoroughly before proceeding. You can tell that her main priority is to help us conceive a healthy baby, while also making sure to keep Mom healthy as well!
Describe the protocols Alice Rhoton-Vlasak used in your cycles at UF Health Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
With my IUI’s, she was always sure to explain everything thoroughly and made it clear that if we were producing too many eggs, that for my own health, we would need to cancel. She’s always focused on the safety of her patients first and foremost. After seeing how my body responded, she adjusted my dosage and watched me very closely as to make sure not to overstimulate me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UF Health Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: RE Jean Melby)
My nurse, Jean Melby, is a rockstar!! I would 100% recommend her to anyone! She’s ALWAYS there to answer any question I may have. You can tell she genuinely cares about every patient that walks through the door. She even offers her personal cell number in case I need her during off hours! She’s awesome!
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
We love our clinic. As a new patient, it can be stressful, but they make you feel right at home. They learn your names and are so friendly. They have an online chart where you can see all your messages, future appointments and also keep up to date on finances.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
We had 1 cancelled IUI, 1 complete IUI and we are undergoing 1 cycle of IVF currently. Looking to have spent approximately $20k
Gainesville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.

2007 - 2010
6 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
She [Dr Rhoton-Vlasak] clearly didn't know who I was as a patient. The nurses did most of the work, including reading ultrasounds. Ultimately, someone missed the fact that I ovulated during an injectable iui cycle and even though I was already pregnant and bleeding from an ectopic the doctor on call did an IUI anyway and told me it was not likely to work (the charged me for it). Despite my calling about pain and bleeding it took several more days before they did a pregnancy test and discovered the ectopic pregnancy. When I went for my initial "what happened" appointment she said that the ectopic was likely caused by Endometrosis. When I went back several months later to discuss cycling again she told me I didn't have it. In sum, I felt like she didn't care about my treatment or me, and I wasted thousands of dollars (out of pocket/no insurance) on treatmemt with her and at least a year of time when I would have been better off seeing a different doctor - any different doctor.
2007 - 2010
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
6 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
She clearly didn't know who I was as a patient. The nurses did most of the work, including reading ultrasounds. Ultimately, someone missed the fact that I ovulated during an injectable iui cycle and even though I was already pregnant and bleeding from an ectopic the doctor on call did an IUI anyway and told me it was not likely to work (the charged me for it). Despite my calling about pain and bleeding it took several more days before they did a pregnancy test and discovered the ectopic pregnancy. When I went for my initial "what happened" appointment she said that the ectopic was likely caused by Endometrosis. When I went back several months later to discuss cycling again she told me I didn't have it. In sum, I felt like she didn't care about my treatment or me, and I wasted thousands of dollars (out of pocket/no insurance) on treatmemt with her and at least a year of time when I would have been better off seeing a different doctor - any different doctor.
jacksonville and Tampa are closer than you think - it is worth the drive.
After my ectopic pregnancy when I went back to discuss next options she used the cliche line "at least you can get pregnant," not recognizing how painful it was to loose a baby after over a year of fertility treatment with her. She didn't bother to read my file when I was ready to try again and changed her mind about what caused my infertility. (At first she said endo and then decided that I didn't have it - a subsequent doctor confirmed i did.) her clinic test of whether I qualified for treatment was entirely BMI based. Discussions with her made it clear she didn't read my file before stepping in the room with me.
We did several clomid challenges, 3 IUIs with Climid only, 3 IUIs with clomid+injectibles and some IUIs with just injectibles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UF Health Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jean (no longer there))
Jean was the only good think about the clinic and actually wished me luck when we switched clinics.
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
If you are looking at IVF, I found clinics in Tampa and Orlando were much less expensive than Gainesville.
What specific things went wrong at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Gainesville

She [Dr. Rhoton-Vlasak] is so kind and understanding. I never feel rushed with her and I feel like she encourages questions and wants to give you as much information as needed...When she did my HSG--she walked me through every step and helped me understand what was going on...We first did an entire evaluation and she determined we were unexplained fertility. She gave us our options and we decided to wait a couple of months to do anything. Then we started the first step, 50mg of clomid and IUI. We are currently in the tww. If it didn't work we will try 2 more times.
I really enjoy going to her and I really feel that she will do whatever she needs to get that couple pregnant. She is very thorough when explaining things. When she did my HSG--she walked me through every step and helped me understand what was going on.
She is so kind and understanding. I never feel rushed with her and I feel like she encourages questions and wants to give you as much information as needed.
Sweet and funny
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
They show compassion right when you walk through the door. They are there to help you in any way needed. Organized, clean, and understanding. Makes it easier when you have nice office staff. If you have questions you forgot to ask the doctor they will gladly get you a nurse to answer anything.
Most are covered under insurance. My last IUI was $362
What specific things went wrong at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?