Nurse available by email
FellowshipUCLA
450 N. Roxbury Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310-277-2393
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alin Lina Akopians to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
I feel I was treated like a human due to the time and effort she [Dr. Akopians] and her staff [SCRC] has taken to help me through the process. I work in the medical field and I tend to ask many questions. ... She provided me with data and additional process facts that helped educate and reassure me. She gave me a sense of comfort due to her communication, reassurance, empathy and her confidence.
How was your experience with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Akopians quickly assessed my anxiety and need for control at the beginning of my IVF process. She took time to explain each detail. She wrote steps down for me so I could focus on listening but also having note to reference later. I pride myself in being organized and detail oriented so her notes were wonderful for me. She was patient with all my questions that constantly diverted the conversation. She provided me with data and additional process facts that helped educate and reassure me. She gave me a sense of comfort due to her communication, reassurance, empathy and her confidence. Her ability to make me feel at ease and confident in her abilities has been essential.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She is accessible in person if you like that type constant interaction. If you’re like me I didn’t see her in person very often but I spoke with her over phone calls which worked well with my lifestyle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I feel I was treated like a human due to the time and effort she and her staff has taken to help me through the process. I work in the medical field and I tend to ask many questions. The communication that Dr. Akopians and her staff have provided me has exceeded my expectations. They have provided me with the quality time I have needed to go through each step.
Describe the protocols Alin Lina Akopians used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Due to the know low sperm count and motility my husband had she had him take medication to increase his quantity and motility. Due to all our infectious disease labs being expired we had to re do them. We had sperm frozen in another facility. Dr. Akopians asked us to transfer it to her facility as backup for our process. Due to our sperm ICSI was recommended and used. Due to our sperm it was recommended to use an embryo scope to reduce the amount of times the embryos are manipulated to give them a higher chance to do well. We used the embryo scope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia Fletcher)
I absolutely love the nurse assigned to me. As I’ve mentioned I ask a lot of questions. I like to know all my facts and opinions. I would email the nurse daily or even multiple times a day. I felt bad for emailing and calling so often but she reassured me that that is why she was there to help. She is extremely caring and reassuring. Her patients to walk me through all my injections questions and nervous was incredible.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
There are always a lot of patients but they have a fast well organized process that gets all patients in and out in a timely organized manner. They should improve their check out process were you typically pay your fees. More privacy should be created for this check out process. The semen collection rooms are near public areas were there is a lot of traffic. They are currently expanding to make more rooms and allow more privacy and quiet environment outside the semen collection rooms
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Consultation $275. Transvaginal US $230. Labs:Assay of Estradiol $85, FSH $85, Lh $85, assay thyroid stim hormone $85, venipuncture $30. Embryo freeze all: Cycle management fee $715, monitoring $3140, retrieval $2440. Frozen Embryo transfer: cycle management fee $715, monitoring $1590, embryo transfer $1065. Had to pay other fees for the surgery center and for the cryobank facility.
Describe Alin Lina Akopians's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Due to our specific scenario and factors only one embryo will be transferred. Dr. Akopians made it sound like all other scenarios also only one embryo is encouraged to increase the transplant success rate. Ever couples scenario is unique.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alin Lina Akopians at Southern California Reproductive Center.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I wanted a doctor who was going to coddle me enough but also treat me with respect during this hard time. Dr. Akopains was a lot of that and more. She is incredible, hands on, explained everything/broke everything down, incredibly kind, patient, caring, gentle but stern when necessary...I love everything about her. I was so sad to graduate...Omintrope 25 cc - for egg quality...Mock ERA cycle - to up my odds for an embryo to stick during transfer. Saline ultrasound Transfer cycle: Birth control. Lupron injections. Estrace orally Endometrin Medrol Progesterone in oil 1ML
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I came from working with Dr. Surrey who had the worse bed side manner. I wanted a doctor who was going to coddle me enough but also treat me with respect during this hard time. Dr. Akopains was a lot of that and more. She is incredible, hands on, explained everything/broke everything down, incredibly kind, patient, caring, gentle but stern when necessary...I love everything about her. I was so sad to graduate.
Ask questions...she will answer it all!
I came from working with Dr. Surrey who treated me like a number. Dr. Akopains was incredible, hands on, explained everything/broke everything down, incredibly kind, patient, caring, gently but stern when necessary...I love everything about her.
IVF egg retrieval: Birth control. Followed by: Gonal F 200 units Menopur 75 units Omintrope 25 cc - for egg quality Cetrotide Trigger shot (don't recall the name) Mock ERA cycle - to up my odds for an embryo to stick during transfer. Saline ultrasound Transfer cycle: Birth control. Lupron injections. Estrace orally Endometrin Medrol Progesterone in oil 1ML
SHE WAS THE BEST!!!! So caring, kind, compassionate, personable, educated, helpful.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC is LARGE! Sometimes it is hard to not feel a little lost. With Surrey's team, I felt like a number. With Dr. Akopains team, because of the care and one on one time spent, I felt cared for. However, SCRC is one of the best for the reason. All the techs, embryologists, etc. were great.
Insurance did not cover anything. I do not know the exact number but it was somewhere between $20-25k including freezing, genetic testing, procedures, medications, etc.
We did the mock ERA cycle for this reason. I did not have many embryos and we did not want to take the risk of losing any.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Beverly Hills

Dr. Akopian and I sat for over and hour and never in that time did I feel she was rushing through the conversation. She gave me a run down of our options ( at that point ) drew illustrations for me to better understand and made me feel hopeful again. ... She personally called me to give me my results after each test I have had up to date ( US readings, Blood test, Genetics, etc) I never had to chase her down or wait long for my results, Dr. Akopian was on top of it.
She is genuinely warm and compassionate. She explains everything in great detail. She personally called me to give me my results after each test I have had up to date ( US readings, Blood test, Genetics, etc) I never had to chase her down or wait long for my results, Dr. Akopian was on top of it.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She has answers and is more then willing to educate.
My husband and I are really early in the whole process of IVF. We have been trying for almost 4 years. After our primary doctors lead us down the wrong paths I decided to reach out to SCRC in Beverly Hills. First visit Dr. Akopian and her nurse Julia were so warm and explained every detail to me. Dr. Akopian and I sat for over and hour and never in that time did I feel she was rushing through the conversation. She gave me a run down of our options ( at that point ) drew illustrations for me to better understand and made me feel hopeful again.Her Nurse Julia is a total sweetheart and kept up with my weekly to make sure I was getting the proper care for my husband who was seeing the wrong Urologist for 2 years (Recommended by his primary for fertility), Dr. Akopian and Julia (RN) also helped us find him a proper urologist who specializes in fertility for men( whom my husband fell in love with after the first visit). The office staff is genuine and nice as well. I been bragging about this office since I first stepped into it. 5 stars all around!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Julia is such the sweetest nurse I have come across. She was so warm, friendly and on top of everything. She was the first one I came in contact, she could tell I was nervous ( I was alone) she walked me through a bit, made sure I was comfortable. By the time Dr. Akopian came in she and I were joking about something none related which helped me to relax
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
There are 2 different offices on the floor exiting the elevator I was a bit confused. It’s an open concept. That’s about it, front office staff is nice, helpful and willing to answer basic questions and info
I personally paid out of pocket. Insurance covers some portions. A financial advisor is present to assist in the payment options
Beverly Hills

I absolutely loved Dr. Akopians! She’s caring and so knowledgeable, and went the extra mile for me to ensure that I was fully informed about certain procedures that needed to take place. She answered all my questions and spent a crucial amount of time with me making me feel that I was comfortable throughout the whole experience...has by far been the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. She has incredible bed aide manner and presented to me clearly all the information I needed to hear about egg retrieval for freezing my eggs for the future.
Don’t be scared or nervous!
Dr. Akopians has by far been the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. She has incredible bed aide manner and presented to me clearly all the information I needed to hear about egg retrieval for freezing my eggs for the future.
Very kind and informative just like Dr. Akopians. Best staff ever
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Front desk staff was very welcoming and greeted everyone with a kind smile on their face. They were organized, prompt and I only waited for a short amount of time. The office was well maintained, and clean.