USC

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Michigan
Los Angeles- Sunset
4867 W Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, , CA 90027
323-783-4011
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aline Ketefian to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend USC to a friend?
As a patient I felt completely taken care of with Dr. K. I trusted her knowledge and opinion . If she [Dr. Ketefian] thought something would help us or was concerned about something we went with her advice . I never felt like she didn't have our best interest in mind.... She was always willing to talk or answer any questions I had either during my appointments or through email and phone . WE made decisions together and she always gave me more than one option . She was honest yet sympathetic to the situation
Latino, Other
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at USC?
As a patient I felt completely taken care of with Dr. K. I trusted her knowledge and opinion . If she thought something would help us or was concerned about something we went with her advice . I never felt like she didn't have our best interest in mind. We never thought we would need fertility treatment but we were so Thankful to have had Dr.K as our Doctor. She has been the best Doctor I have ever had .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at USC?
ask every and any question you might have . I had a lot of anxiety about certain decision I had to make but I always felt better after Dr.K and I talked . I would just ask her for her honest opinion and what she would do . She always made sure I understood everything and that we had a plan for the next cycle that we were both comfortable with . We both had the same goal :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at USC?
I felt like a human due to DR. K 's daily attention to me and my questions. She was always willing to talk or answer any questions I had either during my appointments or through email and phone . WE made decisions together and she always gave me more than one option . She was honest yet sympathetic to the situation
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: elena / claudia / sarah )
everyone was great at USC. My primary nurse Elena was amazing . she was always so happy even at 630 in the morning. The rest of the staff was also great and so compassionate even on those negative pregnancy days. They always reminded me that we would try again and not give up. I always felt like a had a great team behind me cheering me on
Describe your experience with USC.
The clinic was in a convenient area for me which was really nice . It was a block away from my job. There was always coffee and someone to greet you even at 5 am in the morning. The clinic was clean and very will decorated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at USC.
costs were expensive but actually very reasonable compared to other clinics . I think any type of medical out of pocket seems like a lot at first . I looked into other clinics and USC was actually one of the most reasonable
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Ketefian however always seemed to take her time and did not seem rushed. She never looked at the clock and was genuinely interested in answering all my questions.... Her strengths include her ability to answer your questions thoroughly and patience with making sure your questions are answered. A drawback is that she won’t email you directly but answers through her nursing staff.... Come with questions because she will make sure you leave her appointment with a good understanding of your situation.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Doctors took time to answer my questions but other staff seemed cold and not as friendly. Dr Ketefian however always seemed to take her time and did not seem rushed. She never looked at the clock and was genuinely interested in answering all my questions.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I am Not sure of treatment strategies. It seems to be on an individual basis. I nsinly Did IUIs in her clinic which resulted in negative pregnancies. However, an additional follow up consultation was made to restrategize a new treatment plan.
I wish they can be more personable and remember your name. Every clinic visit resulted in a new nurse assignment.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
the clinic’s strength is their ability to get you an appointment on time so that you don’t miss important cycle days. They respond really quickly with regards to emails. Their weaknesses include getting different providers every time you go in. At times, nurses appear unaware of who is taking which patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have Dual coverage so i had A zero copay.
Describe Aline Ketefian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles- Sunset
Ketefian has a warm and pleasant demeanor. She made this complicated and scary time in my life seem bearable. She was honest from the beginning and willing to put up the fight with us to conceive. I can tell she is passionate about what she does...She took the time to call me from her cell phone to give me some important news....I have cysts on my one and only ovary and she made sure to contact the oncologist to ok the treatment of IUI.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC?
Ketefian has a warm and pleasant demeanor. She made this complicated and scary time in my life seem bearable. She was honest from the beginning and willing to put up the fight with us to conceive. I can tell she is passionate about what she does and how she helps so many people become parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at HRC?
I would say to be prepared with any questions because she will answer them. You can ask her to repeat if necessary. She wants you to understand everything as clear as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at HRC?
She took the time to call me from her cell phone to give me some important news. This meant the world to me.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
I have cysts on my one and only ovary and she made sure to contact the oncologist to ok the treatment of IUI. We see cloud and the shot to release the eggs both times. She said if it didn’t work we would up the medication of Clomid and shots. Now I am on this new cycle but haven’t yet started medication.
Always smiling, sweet and kind.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Wait times are reasonable. Easy to get a hold of when you need to speak to someone on the phone. If you leave a message hey call you back in a reasonable time. Clean facility. . Many appointment slots. Easy to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at HRC.
$143 every visit $8 clomid $90 trigger shot $190 insemination
HRC
Rancho Cucamonga
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
You may not see her [Dr. Ketefian] for every appointment, but she will be there for all the important appointments....She was humble enough to consult with other doctors regarding our treatment. She takes time to make decisions regarding treatment, which I appreciated. Her care felt very individualized. She's a great communicator- quick to answer emails and take further action if needed. Her enthusiasm when she shared the good news with us was genuine and really sweet.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at USC?
She was very kind and gentle throughout the process. She was humble enough to consult with other doctors regarding our treatment. She takes time to make decisions regarding treatment, which I appreciated. Her care felt very individualized. She's a great communicator- quick to answer emails and take further action if needed. Her enthusiasm when she shared the good news with us was genuine and really sweet.
You may not see her for every appointment, but she will be there for all the important appointments.
She was very gentle in the way she spoke to me. Took time to answer all my questions. Didn't make me feel dumb for questions asked. I felt like she was really rooting for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Darlene Estrada )
Very professional, very well informed.
Describe your experience with USC.
Love the set up- ultrasound, labs draws, procedure rooms all is in one place so it was very convenient. Only qualm is that parking is expensive, and they provide no validation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Monitoring appointments are at 7am for Dr Ketefians patients. I was usually out of there by 7:20~7:30. Weekends are a time window and you're seen by the physician on call, so it's a bit more busy during that time.
What specific things went wrong at USC?