HRC

Medical SchoolTel Aviv U.
ResidencyUSC
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
15503 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alison Peck to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Peck never wasted my time with multiple IUIs or rounds of clomid. She was honest about my chances instead of just going through the motions. Dr. Peck took the time to explain the entire situation and provide honest feedback.... She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.... Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC?
Dr Peck took time to ensure I received the care I needed and received the answers for the questions I asked. She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Peck is very sweet, but honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC?
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation. She also urged a semen sample and HSG prior to treatment. I’m so grateful that she did because I also have a blocked tube/my husband has poor morphology, motility, and DNA fragminatation. Knowing these results, she recommended IVF to save us time and money. Moreso, she recommended us to an IVF clinical trial, which will hopefully save us more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly and Shanise)
Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to, which is very important. Currently, she is assisting with having me join a clinical study. She’s amazing at answering all my pressing questions, being open about what is needed for me to do, and flexible with her scheduling!
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC-Encino is warm and inviting. Every time I call, I am quickly transferred to where I need to be. They’re honest about their costs. Also, they call with results on time! My only complaint is expensive parking.
300/ultrasound 80/bloodwork IUI/2,100
PCOS, Unexplained
We are a female/female couple and that was never an issue...We were with Dr Peck through 4 IUIs (the first 2 negative, 3rd miscarriage, 4th was an ectopic pregnancy) and our successful IVF cycle. She was the one that gave us updates (good and bad) and we saw her at every appointment. She was patient with us and answered all our questions. She gave us options in our treatment and explained both the positive and negative of pursuing different plans. Throughout the whole process, she was supportive and caring. I cried the day I "graduated" from the fertility clinic because I really felt like they were my family during the time we were there.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC?
Dr Peck felt like family to us throughout the course of our treatments. We are a female/female couple and that was never an issue. My wife has no inclination to be a gestational carrier; we mentioned that at our initial meeting and even though I had a few health issues, she never brought it up as an option. (Small back story: We had a meeting with another RE before we found Dr Peck and without getting any health history from either of us, he look at us and said he chose my wife to be the carrier. We mentioned that she was not comfortable with that and was a carrier for a genetic issue. He just said he would use my eggs but she would carry. Needless to say, we didn't see him again.) This experience made my wife extremely uncomfortable but Dr Peck was very respectful and we never felt pressured to do anything we were not comfortable doing. She treated my wife as an equal partner in our fertility journey. We were with Dr Peck through 4 IUIs (the first 2 negative, 3rd miscarriage, 4th was an ectopic pregnancy) and our successful IVF cycle. She was the one that gave us updates (good and bad) and we saw her at every appointment. She was patient with us and answered all our questions. She gave us options in our treatment and explained both the positive and negative of pursuing different plans. Throughout the whole process, she was supportive and caring. I cried the day I "graduated" from the fertility clinic because I really felt like they were my family during the time we were there.
If you don't understand something or have additional questions, speak up and ask her about it. She's really good at explaining how different meds work and the pros and cons of different techniques. She's also realistic with presenting your chance of conceiving. I never felt like we were doing treatments that were unnecessary or wouldn't help us increase our chances of conception.
Dr Peck seemed to really care about us. She personally called with results of lab work and was very good at delivering the news (good or bad) in a very caring and professional manner. When things didn't go as planned, she took the time to make sure we were ok.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Jennie Tran)
Jennie was great. We saw her every visit after seeing Dr Peck. She would answer any additional questions that we forgot to bring up with Dr Peck. She also handled scheduling of appointments with us. We did a lot of communicating through email if anything came up between appointments. She was great about helping me figure out if any of my symptoms were significant (or not) and letting me know when to come in for further evaluation. The rest of the medical staff was wonderful as well. The clinic does on site blood draws and everyone was always kind and very professional.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic staff is helpful and the front desk staff friendly. I never had any issues with billing. They were always friendly when helping me and I was never caught off guard with unknown charges. Scheduling was easy and as flexible as timed fertility treatments allow. The clinic hosts information sessions that you can attend and meet the doctors. Several clinics in the area host these. I would recommend attending. We were able to rule out another clinic based on attending one. The actual office is nice and the atmosphere pleasant. Parking was never an issue; they have a garage, metered street spaces and free parking on a side street.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC.
It was comparable to other clinic's costs for fertility treatment in the Los Angeles area. They also provided discounted programs if you qualify (refund program, purchase of multiple ivf rounds for a discount, etc). They let you know about the programs but don't pressure you to use them.
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
Dr Peck preferred to do a single embryo transfer but was open to transferring more. We just wanted a healthy pregnancy so pre-transfer day we decided a single transfer would be our approach. On the day of the transfer, we only had 2 embryos that were viable that had tested fine through pgs. We were going to transfer just one but the other one's quality wasn't high enough to survive the freezing process. After talking with Dr Peck, we decided to transfer both. Our end result was a single healthy baby.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Very kind and understanding -Dr Peck also provided the suggestion of acupuncture and supports working with TCM which I appreciate. I was really stressed during the cycle and she helped chill me out. The cycle failed but she was really sensitive and empathetic...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC?
The entire clinic has phenomenal bedside manner - everyone knows your name.
It was a very aggressive hormone therapy (low reserve). It seemed like the best option but the hormones were overwhelming. Next round is lower dose of hormones. It's unclear yet if the dosing was too aggressive for my body or not. I had one egg that did not survive retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
The staff is great - very personable and knowledgeable - they also deferred to Dr Peck when appropriate. The clinic is available for questions and they get back to you quickly (same day usually). I never had trouble getting a convenient appointment. The help with the insurance is amazing.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Strengths: very personable, great with insurance Weaknesses: parking
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC.
Insurance covered most of the retrieval. Approximately $5,000 out of pocket.
West Los Angeles