Good

West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
The protocol we were on didn't feel specific to my body and she [Dr. Peck] often seemed unsure of what to do. Anything and everything that COULD work she would throw at us, ranging from a mock cycle to an intralipid infusion...she would often appear angry or annoyed if we asked too many questions....I truly felt like I was being experimented on there. I'm not convinced she is up to date on the latest research and I'm not even sure she cares too much about results outside of how it might affect her numbers...
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck seems like a really nice person and I'd trust her with our child. But I wouldn't trust her to create one. I truly felt like I was being experimented on there. I'm not convinced she is up to date on the latest research and I'm not even sure she cares too much about results outside of how it might affect her numbers. My experience at my next fertility clinic with our next doctor was like night and day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Her bedside manner isn't great, which would be totally fine if her results were. Unfortunately that wasn't the case in our situation. We felt like so much time and money was wasted with her conservative approach, not to mention how much my body went through unnecessarily. Do your research and don't just talk to a friend who had success with her. See what the experience has been like for patients overall.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
The protocol we were on didn't feel specific to my body and she often seemed unsure of what to do. Anything and everything that COULD work she would throw at us, ranging from a mock cycle to an intralipid infusion. When we had difficult results, a nurse would call instead of her, and she would often appear angry or annoyed if we asked too many questions.
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
The first round of egg retrievals/embryo creation, we wound up with zero healthy embryos. Yet not much was changed for round two (which resulted in 2 healthy ones, but neither transfer worked). And I know now from my experience at the next clinic that she was overmedicating me. She also didn't monitor me at all once I started injections for the transfer, whereas at my next clinic, the doctor had me come in so he could adjust the medication if necessary. She seemed utterly baffled why I wasn't getting pregnant, and threw a lot at the wall to see what would stick as a result (acupuncture day of transfer, intrillipid inufusion day of transfer, mock cycles to improve results, etc.). Nothing worked and everything was more costly and took more time. She'll tell you that she said we didn't need to do any of those things, but when a doctor tells you that something COULD work, you are so desperate and don't want any regrets that you'll try anything. But I want a doctor who KNOWS what will likely work. Not someone who is guessing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jessica, Chrystie, and one I can't remember who isn't there anymore)
We had 3 nurses throughout our year and a half at HRC, which is part of the problem. The turnover rate there is very frequent. So just when we would get used to one, someone else would take over. The first and last were truly wonderful. The one in the middle made me stressed and angry during a process when I should be as relaxed as possible. I'm guessing she was fired because others felt similarly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
There is too much turnover there. Just when you start to connect with someone, they leave. Overall I was not impressed. Two of the nurses assigned to our doctor were really wonderful, but a big part of feeling grateful for their warmth and compassion is that our doctor seemed to lack it.
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
It was never discussed in detail but she did eSET on us both times. I have no objections to that. She did a multiple embryo transfer for our friends who ended up having twins. I'm sure either could work.
Encino
Initially she [Dr. Alison Peck] was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
Lots of different costs [at HRC] that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused...I think the finance Dept has too many complicated paperwork and it’s impossible to understand the costings. The rest of the staff are easy. The nursing staff are great. The acupuncturist is great. It is a very diverse clinic. They have a lot of tests and the process has many steps.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Initially she was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
I don’t have any since each case is different
The nurses and staff were friendly
I can’t remember all the technicals but dr peck put me on the pill and then regulated the timings and medications accordingly. During this period I came in for regular blood tests and had a few acupuncture sessions. She checked my uterus regularly. The general treatment was good. I had the karyotype testing done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley )
The care staff and Kimberley are excellent. Kimberley is really warm and responds very quickly on email.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Lots of different costs that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Alison Peck] she was knowledgeable, direct, yet compassionate. She gave you a few options of what she thought was the best course of action. We did an aggressive treatment and it didn't work. However, we talked about different ways to approach the next rounds if we decided to go that route...she and her staff continue to communicate and check in on me
communication at this clinic [HRC Fertility] was good compared to others I went too. They explained the process and you could access communication via email with the staff and doctor.They had early hours and the scheduling was pretty onpoint. you didn't have to wait for hours to get your blood drawn...she [Dr. Peck] was knowledgeable, direct, yet compassionate. She gave you a few options of what she thought was the best course of action.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
be curious. know what you want. discuss the pros and cons of each course of treatment.
she and her staff continue to communicate and check in on me
very aggressive; high dosage.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
communication at this clinic was good compared to others I went too. They explained the process and you could access communication via email with the staff and doctor.They had early hours and the scheduling was pretty onpoint. you didn't have to wait for hours to get your blood drawn.
they cost about 15-20K
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?