Medical SchoolYale
844-539-0628
Manchester
150 Tarrytown Road
Manchester, NH 03103
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alison Zimon to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Boston to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. I raised concerns and she brushed them off. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again) Dr Zimon was the dr on rotation for the day of my 2nd transfer and it also happened to be her last day at he practice. She didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She was very nice and personable when we met for a consultation. Our next appointment after testing was quick and to the point. All communication after that was with her nurses. My first problem with her and what made me lose her trust happened at my first transfer. She changed our agreed upon plan last minute. We agreed on single embryo transfer of a 5 day blast or two embryos if day 3. I showed up on day three and the random dr that was doing my transfer told me we were transferring one. Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Consult she was friendly but never spoke with her again until follow up for failed cycle. She kept the call quick.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have a low AMH of .8 but I am only 31 so she wasn't worried about egg quality. Based on my AFC of 10 she was very confident that we would get around 10 eggs. First cycle was bcp/antagonist with 225 gonal and 20 HCG. I only stimmed for 6 days, triggering with HCG on day 7. I only used two doses of cetrotide. Retrieved 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized, transferred 2, chemical Cycle two we had planned estrogen patch protocol. I went for bloodwork to confirm ovulation then I was to start the estrogen patch for a few days, then add cetrotide before period. I got my period early so on cycle day 1 she had me put on estrogen patch then I started gonal f at 375 the next day with 40 HCG. She didn't send me for a scan until day 5 on which day she increased my gonal to 450 with 40 HCG. Stimmed 6 days again, trigger with ovidrel on day 7. 5 eggs retrieved 2 fertilized (didn't tell me how many were mature) transferred both (excellent grades) and had a negative beta. No follow up because she left the practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Minor prescription mix ups but they are overall awesome. I was told 8 eggs at my second retrieval but it was only 5. They went through hell when Zimon left the practice so there was a few rocky days of missed callbacks but overall they recovered quickly and are very helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are very efficient. I don't live near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend. —————————————————————-———————————-—————————————————————————————————
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
I have insurance coverage and ended up spending $800 first cycle $1100 second.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She really pushed me to one. I chose two of day 3 transfers. Since I only got two embryos each time I felt good about putting both in.
Cape Cod
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Zimon was inaccessible and I felt like I was scared and frustrated that I didn't know why they were growing so slowly and no one talked with me about it....Dr. Zimon spent over a year getting to know me and guiding the process of IUIs and IVF....Dr. Zimon will meet you at your level but she doesn't exceed expectations. If you show her you're working hard to understand your infertility, then she will match you on that. Unfortunately, she doesn't go above and beyond to understand your unexplained infertility.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon was extremely personable, but when it came to certain things, she didn't have much faith in me. For example, after working with her for a year scheduling and doing natural IUIs, when she challenged me to decrease my BMI to a certain number so I could do IVF, she exclaimed she didn't think I'd do it - after I lost all the weight she required. It was disheartening. She is a compassionate doctor, and very much interested in seeing you do well, but there was always something off about her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon will meet you at your level but she doesn't exceed expectations. If you show her you're working hard to understand your infertility, then she will match you on that. Unfortunately, she doesn't go above and beyond to understand your unexplained infertility. She assumes it might be an age issue, AMH issue, but she doesn't really try to find out if there's something wrong with immunology or other things that could explain it.
Dr. Zimon spent over a year getting to know me and guiding the process of IUIs and IVF. She strongly advocated for me with IVF failed. It failed partially due to human error, because the doctor assigned to do the retrieval only spent 5 minutes trying to retrieve the egg on the left ovary and gave up trying after 5 minutes. That was Dr. Alper doing the retrieval (Boston IVF has any doctor on any given day do any procedure even if your doctor is managing the case). Dr. Alper didn't know my case or how hard I worked to losing 60 lbs prior to egg retrieval. He didn't know how hard I worked for over a year and a half leading up to IVF. So this is partially a negative report on him as much as it is a positive report on Dr. Zimon. My left ovary had the most mature follicles, but the doctor didn't retrieve them. Regardless, the doctor retrieved the right ovary follicles and even though I was 43, the immature follicle fertilized and became a 4b embryo on day 3. When my insurance refused to cover IVF a second time because I was just about to turn 44 (maybe 3 weeks shy of my 44th birthday), Dr. Zimon advocated that I had lost 60 lbs, and her colleague didn't obtain the mature follicle for my first IVF. Unfortunately, just after this, Dr. Zimon left Boston IVF and I was without any way to move forward with appeals. The whole thing ruined my life because now I can't have my own kids. I gave Boston IVF way too much time to get through the 6 IUIs to finally get to IVF. My fertility numbers got worse over the year and they should have strongly advocated at the very beginning to start with IVF rather than waste time with 6 IUIs.
My first and only IVF was estrogen priming micro dose lupron flare. I was stimming a bit longer than expected, the follicles were growing slowly. Dr. Zimon was inaccessible and I felt like I was scared and frustrated that I didn't know why they were growing so slowly and no one talked with me about it. In the end, there were some beautiful follicles on my left ovary, and the best was unable to be retrieved due to the other doctor on the case (Dr. Michael Alper), spending literally only five minutes and failing to retrieve the best follicle on my left ovary!! He did not even try to get it, didn't seem to realize this was the most important thing in my life -- that 5 minutes was not enough time to spend getting it. The right ovary had the more immature follicle, so it was retrieved, miraculously fertilized, resulting in negative pregnancy test for my only IVF cycle ever. HOW AWFUL!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: all of them at Boston IVF)
Incorrect information conveyed, inability to count cycle days, inability to really know what they were doing
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
During my IUIs, one time the stirrup moved A LOT and I felt that this impacted the administration of frozen donor sperm. The clinician did not listen to me as I was telling her the stirrup was moving too much. I felt extraordinary pain afterwards. I expressed upset/concern to staff. I was called by a head nurse or ombudsperson and expressed my concern. Absolutely NOTHING was done about this and they denied that this was ever an issue. I was so upset at the entire community of staff that denied it was a problem and their insistence that this was a successful IUI. How could they deny it? Surely, they didn't care about patient safety or adequate procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
IUIs not covered ($450 each), IVF was covered by my insurance. I paid for frozen donor sperm.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Zimon was knowledgeable, caring and matter of fact. When our results for trying for our second child were not optimal and not expected - she completely adjusted plans and worked with us to determine the level of aggression we wished to pursue. Very satisfied with out results.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Be honest with yourself and Dr. Zimon about how you tolerate pain, and know what your expectations are. (I know - it is to have a baby!) But how aggressive do you want to be? Understand your financial ramifications as well. We only could do one full cycle of IVF and knowing that - we chose the upper level of medical interventions rather than starting out at lower doses.
Dr. Zimon took the time to get to know us as people and to really understand our treatment expectations. She adjusted plans and manner accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
I think they could be a little more organized. A couple of appointments were "lost" which just added unnecessary stress to the process.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The best part is the appointments before work hours. Not having to take time off for all of the routine monitoring is amazing. And South Shore has the best phlebotomist. Seriously - she is amazing. The major weakness for us was a sometimes lack of organization and that semen analysis and collection is only done in Waltham - and only in the early morning. Trying to produce a sample and then get it there in 90 minutes through the crazy traffic was a hardship.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
Insurance covered the majority of or IUI cycles for our first child - copay was around 400 for Dr. Zimon and maybe 300 for the drugs? For our IVF cycle we maxed out our drug benefit after the initial cycle and had to pay out of pocket for all drugs to sustain the pregnancy. I would say Dr. Zimon's co-pay was around 400-500; and the out of pockets cost on drugs was easily over 2000
South Shore
Dr. Zimon took a great deal of time to meet with myself and my husband to discuss our fertility options. She was direct but supportive while also being optimistic....It is clear that she has a deep understanding of the impact of infertility on clients....During the second round of the IUI it was not clear whether or not I needed to give myself a trigger shot. I had to call and speak to the on call doctor, which happened to be Dr. Zimon, to get this information.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I have no complaints! She has been wonderful to work with! She has been incredibly supportive throughout this process. It is clear that she has a deep understanding of the impact of infertility on clients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I would suggest asking as many questions as possible!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen, Andrea, Ellen)
My husband and I have enjoyed working with Karen and Andrea. They have both been incredibly understanding and supportive throughout this process. There have been a few experiences where we have not gotten all of the information we needed when moving forward with a portion of treatment. The nurses have been incredibly apologetic in these situations; however, not having all the information we needed did create additional stress during an already stressful times. There was also an occurrence when I had to remind the nurse that I was working with that I need to also have blood work in addition to the ultrasound to monitor my follicle growth.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is beautiful and Liz at the front desk is incredibly nice. For the past three visits, we have had to wait close to 30 minutes to be seen. While we understand that there are often waits when seeing doctors and nurses, there was little explanation as to why we were waiting.
$25 copay for visits with Dr. Zimon and procedures
Chestnut Hill
In regards to Dr. Zimon, I cannot say enough positive things about her. She sat with us for over an hour, truly listening and taking the time to explain her thoughts....Dr. Zimon takes the time to listed to her patients. She is brilliant, thoughtful, and caring. She thinks outside the box when it comes to treatment and takes the patient's situation, feelings, and preferences into account when making recommendations. Treatment plans are designed as a patient-doctor team with compassion and kindness.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Be honest and forthcoming. She will actually listen and consider you as a person.
The facility is AMAZING - everything is clean and new. But most importantly, the nurses and staff treated us with such care and kindness, I wanted to hug them! They offered us snacks and water, spent time with us, made eye contact, answered all of our questions with consideration and patience, and communicated the plan and what was happening very clearly. In regards to Dr. Zimon, I cannot say enough positive things about her. She sat with us for over an hour, truly listening and taking the time to explain her thoughts. We have not felt as cared for by a medical professional in way too long. We walked out of her office feeling at peace, feeling cared for, and as if a giant weight had been lifted off of our tired shoulders.
Attentive, kind, thorough, happy, easygoing
Amazing, state-of-the art facility
Chestnut Hill
Dr. Zimon is direct, but she's also compassionate, She's willing to answer all of our questions in great detail, truly sharing her knowledge, which has made us feel quite comfortable. She has a good bedside manner, but she's not fluffy. She speaks to us in a way that demonstrates respect...Alison Zimon is a smart, kind and honest medical professional who truly loves what she does each day. I believe that she has our best interests at heart and wants to see us through a successful pregnancy
European, Latino
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Alison Zimon is a smart, kind and honest medical professional who truly loves what she does each day. I believe that she has our best interests at heart and wants to see us through a successful pregnancy. I would recommend anyone I know to her.
If you prefer to shy away from all of the details or the what if's, say so up front. Otherwise, Dr. Zimon will share every piece of information she has with you (which I prefer, but I know not everyone does).
Dr. Zimon is direct, but she's also compassionate, She's willing to answer all of our questions in great detail, truly sharing her knowledge, which has made us feel quite comfortable. She has a good bedside manner, but she's not fluffy. She speaks to us in a way that demonstrates respect. Additionally, the staff that works with her really seems to enjoy working with her, which makes the whole experience a little better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is kind and always seems to smile - something about her demeanor is calming, which is really nice given that the process can be rather stressful.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Our questions were met with thoughtful, thorough answers, as Dr. Zimon made herself available to my husband and me both during and in between appointments. What was most important to me was how genuinely invested Dr. Zimon was in us—not just in our success, but also in our experience leading up to it.... she is incredibly patient and wants you to understand and be comfortable with every step of the process.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if it means asking Dr. Zimon to repeat herself; she is incredibly patient and wants you to understand and be comfortable with every step of the process.
Given the frequency of our appointments, the nursing staff at CCRM became familiar with my husband and me, always making us feel welcome, informed, and like they were pulling for us.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The CCRM facility is nice and new and appointments generally run on time (which is critical as I was there a lot). They were flexible in scheduling my appointments, and kept me in the loop regarding next-steps.
Chestnut Hill
I like Dr. Zimon a lot, we've done once cycle that went well, basically as expected. Genetic testing proved the embryos were not viable. We have a plan in place already to start the next cycle. I am ramping up my personal health to make the next cycle more successful....There were a few times where my chart could have been reviewed before my appointments....Tested for ovulation, estrogen priming, 3 shots of lupron and then full doses of menapure and Gonal-F. HCG trigger.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Ask a lot of questions regarding things you don't understand and she will explain them to you.
Dr. Zimon is very personable and talks to me like I would expect to be talked to.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
A few times I saw the other doctor for ultrasounds, who is a male, which I was not expecting. It turned out fine, just wish I had been prepared. The clinic is well decorated and always looks clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered most things.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
None
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
She [Dr. Alison Zimon] asked how we were doing and offered counseling if we wanted it. She also apologized for running behind at one of our appointments...Dr Zimon is very thorough and takes the time to meet personally with her patients. During our initial consult she spent more time with us than our previous doctor did. I was pleasantly surprised that she took the time to do my 3 day ultrasound and hysterscopy to see for herself how everything looked...Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She asked how we were doing and offered counseling if we wanted it. She also apologized for running behind at one of our appointments.
We have not yet completed a cycle.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
Everything is neat and orderly. The nurses and staff are happy to answer your questions. You get the feeling that the staff genuinely cares about you and wants you to feel secure in your care. You don't feel like number and you get great one on one attention. You are never rushed out of the clinic so they can get to the next patient.
IUI, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Other
The one on one consultation time and regrouping time is amazing. Dr. Zimon knows my name and the size of my fibroids before I even walk in the door. She's on point and is truly an amazing physician....I waited for her to get into CCRM and made an appt. I wanted to continue to my fertility treatment with her. I didn't see her for 2 years and when we met again, it was like we didn't skip a beat. I walked into her office and she remembered every little detail there was.
IUI, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
I saw Dr. Zimon when she was at Boston IVF. I waited for her to get into CCRM and made an appt. I wanted to continue to my fertility treatment with her. I didn't see her for 2 years and when we met again, it was like we didn't skip a beat. I walked into her office and she remembered every little detail there was.
Make an appointment
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Boston. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is truly amazing. She takes the time to relate and is a wealth of knowledge. She truly is amazing at her job.
Beautiful location Modern Clean Organized
500 per iui
Chestnut Hill
She [Dr. Alison Zimon] was perfectly friendly and clear I really liked her and appreciated how she explained everything to us. The clinic was easy and they kept me informed of everything I needed to know and got back to me really quickly. I think dr Zimon did a great job for us and we ended up getting pregnant.... Clomid, letrzole ovidrel and IUI... Lots going on here but they make sure to make you feel important and taken care of. Follow up is always super prompt and thourough and they always answer your questions. Infertility can be overwhelming but they make it easier.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She was perfectly friendly and clear I really liked her and appreciated how she explained everything to us. The clinic was easy and they kept me informed of everything I needed to know and got back to me really quickly. I think dr Zimon did a great job for us and we ended up getting pregnant.
Clomid, letrzole ovidrel and IUI
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
Most was covered by my insurance
Cape Cod
2013 - 2015
3 IUI, 7 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
She gives options. You have to make decisions. She is very good. Her staff is very sloppy and needs constant follow up.
2013 - 2015
3 IUI, 7 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr Zimon is very personable and does her best to work with you to understand your needs. What she could do better is be more decisive instead of always being diplomatic. Sometimes she needs to be the doctor and take charge.
Dr Zimon takes the time to speak to you and will call whenever needed even if just to chat.
All agonist protocols. Donor eggs with estrace and crinone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen londergan and Sharon Letizia )
They always remembered details only when prompted. You have to stay on top to get all forms, Meds, approvals yourself otherwise will be stranded at the last min!
65k
2013 - 2014
IVF, Donor Eggs
Allison [Zimon] must see a thousand patients per month and she still found a way to remember me & make the experience much more personal...I didn't have to do much since I used a donor egg, but the prep work towasn't terribly difficult...Alison was kind, patient & detailed. The situations she deals with are usually stressful, personal and potentially painful, but she did a very good job of maintaining professionalism while also being empathetic.
2013 - 2014
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Be patient & don't lose hope!
Allison must see a thousand patients per month and she still found a way to remember me & make the experience much more personal.
Pleasant, but a little mechanical.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Friendly, but still your typical doctor's office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
No insurance, so very high.
Foxboro