9.7

Manchester, NH 03103
South Shore Office
90 Libbey Parkway MA
Weymouth, MA 02189

Dr. Zimon is very compassionate and caring. She has made me feel heard and validated regarding my frustrations with the TTC Process....I just completed my first IUI with Dr. Zimon. I did a baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. Then took letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle. I went in on day 9 for a monitoring appointment. I then went in for two additional monitoring appointments on days 12 and 15. I was able to administer the trigger shot on the evening of day 15 and did IUI on day 17. I did not see Dr. Zimon at all the day of my IUI.
The clinic [CCRM Boston] is newer to the area and it shows because in my first month or two there during the testing phase, things seemed to be disorganized. I would come in for an appointment but I would leave not really understanding what the next step was --I found myself having to call back to speak with my nurse to make sure I understood what was coming next.... If it wasn't for me calling to advocate and ask for very detailed instructors, I worry that my testing wouldn't have been completed in a timely manor and we would have had to come back for multiple unnecessary visits.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Dr. Zimon is very compassionate and caring. She has made me feel heard and validated regarding my frustrations with the TTC Process. CCRM is a newer facility in Boston and it shows because things can seem disorganized at times. If it wasn't for me calling to advocate and ask for very detailed instructors, I worry that my testing wouldn't have been completed in a timely manor and we would have had to come back for multiple unnecessary visits. The nurses are very caring and I feel like family there! The online portal has room for improvement as lab results are not posted automatically.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
It had been a frustrating process just to get to CCRM because my OB gave me the old age advice "wait a year, then we'll talk about referring you out." I finally decided to seek out treatment on my own and as soon as I met with Dr. Zimon she made me feel heard and validated.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at CCRM Boston and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
The clinic is newer to the area and it shows because in my first month or two there during the testing phase, things seemed to be disorganized. I would come in for an appointment but I would leave not really understanding what the next step was --I found myself having to call back to speak with my nurse to make sure I understood what was coming next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
I am very lucky that I have very good insurance coverage for infertility treatments.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Boston?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
During the diagnostic testing period, the clinic failed to fully explain the logistics of the genetic testing that was being asked of me and my husband. They had scheduled me for some bloodwork and I indicated that I would like my genetic testing to be done at the same time. It was not until I already had a needle in my arm that they told me that the timing of my husband's genetic testing was crucial (it needed to be done within 24 hours of mine). I had to go back the next week to do the genetic testing due to this error.
Framingham

Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. I raised concerns and she brushed them off. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again) Dr Zimon was the dr on rotation for the day of my 2nd transfer and it also happened to be her last day at he practice. She didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern.
...She [Dr Alison Zimon] didn't bother to mention that to me and I found out my dr had quit on Facebook! I feel like her quiting was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely love my new dr. He spent almost an hour on the phone with me answering every question and concern...They [Boston IVF] are very efficient. I don't lived near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
She was very nice and personable when we met for a consultation. Our next appointment after testing was quick and to the point. All communication after that was with her nurses. My first problem with her and what made me lose her trust happened at my first transfer. She changed our agreed upon plan last minute. We agreed on single embryo transfer of a 5 day blast or two embryos if day 3. I showed up on day three and the random dr that was doing my transfer told me we were transferring one. Since I had only two embryos I had assumed one stopped growing. When I asked he said nope it's fine but dr Zimon changed you to one. I was so angry. I hate confrontation and I felt like I was put on the spot and had to defend myself and fight for my original plan. I had a chemical that cycle and had a phone follow up that was very brief with dr Zimon. Cycle two I had the exact same results. Same amount of eggs (I was told 8 but they were wrong, they got 5 again).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Consult she was friendly but never spoke with her again until follow up for failed cycle. She kept the call quick.
Describe the protocols Alison Zimon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I have a low AMH of .8 but I am only 31 so she wasn't worried about egg quality. Based on my AFC of 10 she was very confident that we would get around 10 eggs. First cycle was bcp/antagonist with 225 gonal and 20 HCG. I only stimmed for 6 days, triggering with HCG on day 7. I only used two doses of cetrotide. Retrieved 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized, transferred 2, chemical Cycle two we had planned estrogen patch protocol. I went for bloodwork to confirm ovulation then I was to start the estrogen patch for a few days, then add cetrotide before period. I got my period early so on cycle day 1 she had me put on estrogen patch then I started gonal f at 375 the next day with 40 HCG. She didn't send me for a scan until day 5 on which day she increased my gonal to 450 with 40 HCG. Stimmed 6 days again, trigger with ovidrel on day 7. 5 eggs retrieved 2 fertilized (didn't tell me how many were mature) transferred both (excellent grades) and had a negative beta. No follow up because she left the practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Minor prescription mix ups but they are overall awesome. I was told 8 eggs at my second retrieval but it was only 5. They went through hell when Zimon left the practice so there was a few rocky days of missed callbacks but overall they recovered quickly and are very helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are very efficient. I don't live near an office so I get blood and scans done locally. It's very convenient. Unless it's a weekend. —————————————————————-———————————-—————————————————————————————————
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
I have insurance coverage and ended up spending $800 first cycle $1100 second.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
She really pushed me to one. I chose two of day 3 transfers. Since I only got two embryos each time I felt good about putting both in.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Surprise changes to protocol. I thought I was doing the same type of estrogen priming I did before but I was actually changed to luteal estrogen and wouldn't have known if I didn't ask questions.
Cape Cod

Dr. Zimon was inaccessible and I felt like I was scared and frustrated that I didn't know why they were growing so slowly and no one talked with me about it....Dr. Zimon spent over a year getting to know me and guiding the process of IUIs and IVF....Dr. Zimon will meet you at your level but she doesn't exceed expectations. If you show her you're working hard to understand your infertility, then she will match you on that. Unfortunately, she doesn't go above and beyond to understand your unexplained infertility.
The clinic struggled with many administrative tasks....Boston IVF has any doctor on any given day do any procedure even if your doctor is managing the case...[nursing staff] Incorrect information conveyed, inability to count cycle days, inability to really know what they were doing...During my IUIs, one time the stirrup moved A LOT and I felt that this impacted the administration of frozen donor sperm. The clinician did not listen to me as I was telling her the stirrup was moving too much. I felt extraordinary pain afterwards. I expressed upset/concern to staff.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon was extremely personable, but when it came to certain things, she didn't have much faith in me. For example, after working with her for a year scheduling and doing natural IUIs, when she challenged me to decrease my BMI to a certain number so I could do IVF, she exclaimed she didn't think I'd do it - after I lost all the weight she required. It was disheartening. She is a compassionate doctor, and very much interested in seeing you do well, but there was always something off about her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Zimon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Zimon will meet you at your level but she doesn't exceed expectations. If you show her you're working hard to understand your infertility, then she will match you on that. Unfortunately, she doesn't go above and beyond to understand your unexplained infertility. She assumes it might be an age issue, AMH issue, but she doesn't really try to find out if there's something wrong with immunology or other things that could explain it.
Dr. Zimon spent over a year getting to know me and guiding the process of IUIs and IVF. She strongly advocated for me with IVF failed. It failed partially due to human error, because the doctor assigned to do the retrieval only spent 5 minutes trying to retrieve the egg on the left ovary and gave up trying after 5 minutes. That was Dr. Alper doing the retrieval (Boston IVF has any doctor on any given day do any procedure even if your doctor is managing the case). Dr. Alper didn't know my case or how hard I worked to losing 60 lbs prior to egg retrieval. He didn't know how hard I worked for over a year and a half leading up to IVF. So this is partially a negative report on him as much as it is a positive report on Dr. Zimon. My left ovary had the most mature follicles, but the doctor didn't retrieve them. Regardless, the doctor retrieved the right ovary follicles and even though I was 43, the immature follicle fertilized and became a 4b embryo on day 3. When my insurance refused to cover IVF a second time because I was just about to turn 44 (maybe 3 weeks shy of my 44th birthday), Dr. Zimon advocated that I had lost 60 lbs, and her colleague didn't obtain the mature follicle for my first IVF. Unfortunately, just after this, Dr. Zimon left Boston IVF and I was without any way to move forward with appeals. The whole thing ruined my life because now I can't have my own kids. I gave Boston IVF way too much time to get through the 6 IUIs to finally get to IVF. My fertility numbers got worse over the year and they should have strongly advocated at the very beginning to start with IVF rather than waste time with 6 IUIs.
My first and only IVF was estrogen priming micro dose lupron flare. I was stimming a bit longer than expected, the follicles were growing slowly. Dr. Zimon was inaccessible and I felt like I was scared and frustrated that I didn't know why they were growing so slowly and no one talked with me about it. In the end, there were some beautiful follicles on my left ovary, and the best was unable to be retrieved due to the other doctor on the case (Dr. Michael Alper), spending literally only five minutes and failing to retrieve the best follicle on my left ovary!! He did not even try to get it, didn't seem to realize this was the most important thing in my life -- that 5 minutes was not enough time to spend getting it. The right ovary had the more immature follicle, so it was retrieved, miraculously fertilized, resulting in negative pregnancy test for my only IVF cycle ever. HOW AWFUL!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: all of them at Boston IVF)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
During my IUIs, one time the stirrup moved A LOT and I felt that this impacted the administration of frozen donor sperm. The clinician did not listen to me as I was telling her the stirrup was moving too much. I felt extraordinary pain afterwards. I expressed upset/concern to staff. I was called by a head nurse or ombudsperson and expressed my concern. Absolutely NOTHING was done about this and they denied that this was ever an issue. I was so upset at the entire community of staff that denied it was a problem and their insistence that this was a successful IUI. How could they deny it? Surely, they didn't care about patient safety or adequate procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
IUIs not covered ($450 each), IVF was covered by my insurance. I paid for frozen donor sperm.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The clinic struggled with many administrative tasks. They let me know my prolactin levels were elevated, but they actually were not. They provided low quality information, incorrect information, misinformation.
South Shore

I like Dr. Zimon a lot, we've done once cycle that went well, basically as expected. Genetic testing proved the embryos were not viable. We have a plan in place already to start the next cycle. I am ramping up my personal health to make the next cycle more successful....There were a few times where my chart could have been reviewed before my appointments....Tested for ovulation, estrogen priming, 3 shots of lupron and then full doses of menapure and Gonal-F. HCG trigger.
A few times I saw the other doctor for ultrasounds, who is a male, which I was not expecting. It turned out fine, just wish I had been prepared. The clinic [CCRM Boston] is well decorated and always looks clean...There were a few times where my chart could have been reviewed before my appointments....When initially getting all of my records transferred it was a struggle for them to find a few things they had received. Also a refund check was mailed to the wrong city.
How was your experience with Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston?
Ask a lot of questions regarding things you don't understand and she will explain them to you.
Dr. Zimon is very personable and talks to me like I would expect to be talked to.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Boston.
Describe your experience with CCRM Boston.
A few times I saw the other doctor for ultrasounds, who is a male, which I was not expecting. It turned out fine, just wish I had been prepared. The clinic is well decorated and always looks clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at CCRM Boston.
Insurance covered most things.
Describe Alison Zimon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Boston.
None
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Boston?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Boston.
Chestnut Hill

She [Dr. Alison Zimon] was perfectly friendly and clear I really liked her and appreciated how she explained everything to us. The clinic was easy and they kept me informed of everything I needed to know and got back to me really quickly. I think dr Zimon did a great job for us and we ended up getting pregnant.... Clomid, letrzole ovidrel and IUI... Lots going on here but they make sure to make you feel important and taken care of. Follow up is always super prompt and thourough and they always answer your questions. Infertility can be overwhelming but they make it easier.
Lots going on here [at Boston IVF-Cape Cod] but they make sure to make you feel important and taken care of. Follow up is always super prompt and thourough and they always answer your questions. Infertility can be overwhelming but they make it easier.... She was perfectly friendly and clear I really liked her and appreciated how she explained everything to us. The clinic was easy and they kept me informed of everything I needed to know and got back to me really quickly. I think dr Zimon did a great job for us and we ended up getting pregnant.
Clomid, letrzole ovidrel and IUI
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Zimon at Boston IVF.
Most was covered by my insurance
Cape Cod