5.2

Edison
2 Lincoln Hwy
Edison, NJ 08820
732.363.4777

The day I was Told to stop my Meds I had to call the office [Allen Morgan Fertility] several times to get an answer. Around 4:30 (my results had been posted since 1 pm) she said to me “oh ya, Dr.Morgan wants you to stop all Meds and he will see you in a week” then tried to hang up withou any explanation!!! I was Crying and I said Wait what happened? She fumbled for words then said I just Didn’t respond to the Meds. ZERO compassion and most important answers or information !!
How was your experience with Allen Morgan at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey)?
Dr. Morgan is a smart doctor and He diagnosed my endometriosis when other doctors ignored me. But he is always in a hurry, always sounded irritated with spending more than a few minutes answering questions and he had ZERO compassion. He had no idea how to treat a patient with any form of care. During an ivf consult where he told me 80% of my ovaries were covered in endometriosis and ivf was our only option. We were shocked at the price and he actually laughed & told us to think about the fact that it’s still less than buying a new car. During an SHG, he walked in , sat down and while i was in the middle of asking what the SHG results will tell him, he shoved the speculum into my vagina without warning and ignored my question. Of course i knew what was happening but he has zero tact and has no idea how to treat a patient. Most doctors will give a brief warning. . I never Saw him during my failed ivf cycle but on one occasions he did my ultrasound. He walked Into the room, didn’t say hello to me and i just felt upset the entire ultrasound because of his cold demeanor. I never Made it to egg retrieval because after 10 days of stims I didn’t respond. On day 6 of stims I knew Something was wrong because my follicles weren’t growing. I questioned The nurses but they Insisted dr. Morgan said everything was fine and no changes were needed. I was never explained by him what happened .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Allen Morgan at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey)?
I would tell them to look eisewhere. Infertility is an Increfibly hard journey and if your doctor doesn’t make you feel confident or ease your worries it’s going to cause a lot of unneeded stress. The stress the staff caused me was unbearable
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Allen Morgan at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey)?
I very Rarely got to actually talk to Dr.Morgan. When I requested to speak to him about results they either would say to make an appointment (and pay my copay) or that he wasn’t available. All communication was through nurses who never explained much and sounded very irritated with the more questions I asked. I was told i would have one IVF Nurse but multiple nurses who never knew what was going on with my case constantly gave me incorrect or inconsistent Information. I visited the officd 3x a week and most did not know my name and always looked angry. I never Felt confident with what I was being told. Dr. Morgan also had terrible bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Allen Morgan used in your cycles at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey) and their degree of success.
I started taking birth control pills for about 9 days, then started lupron, then I started gonal f and menopur. The explanations I was Given as to wat each did was brief by the nurse and I had To research most of it myself. I never Knew what the next steps were until they were actually happening, I was Told I was Taking the lowest dose of all the medications. Very little information which was incredibly worrisome but I was Just trying to make the best of the situation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey). (Assigned nurse: Kelly h)
Kelly H was supposed to be my dedicated IVF nurse as for most part did as best a job she could. She was very caring but extremely busy all the time. Always in a rush on the phone and in person. A lot of my results calls including the call that my cycle was cancelled were made by Jennifer d. Who on their website s listed as a ultrasound tech and not a nurse. She clearly lacked any experience In how to talk to a patient or deliver bad news. The day I was Told to stop my Meds I had to call the office several times to get an answer. Around 4:30 (my results had been posted since 1 pm) she said to me “oh ya, Dr.Morgan wants you to stop all Meds and he will see you in a week” then tried to hang up withou any explanation!!! I was Crying and I said Wait what happened? She fumbled for words then said I just Didn’t respond to the Meds. ZERO compassion and most important answers or information !! My next apppointment would have only been bloodwork and ultrasound so i would not have had a chance to talk to Dr.Morgan. Yet again. There was an ultrasound tech named Diana and she was phenomenal and the only reason I stayed so long before seeking a new dr
Describe your experience with Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey).
The clinics only strength wasyhe technology. Portal/emails receipts. Their waiting area was comfortable and neat. Other than that they were unorganized, unfriendly and unapproachable for questions. I was Told bad news in a front desk area numerous times where another patient checking in could hear if the window was open or if they walked by as it was near the exit
Describe the costs associated with your care under Allen Morgan at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey).
We were given a military discount and we paid $7800 upfront not including medications. They were in 3 checks . One was to embryologist lab, physician and cryopresertion ad storage. Once our cycle was cancelled before egg retrieval we called to pay for the monitoring visits upfront so we could get our money back. They had already deposited our checks. It took a couple of weeks to get the embryology and cryo checks back but they advised they had to wait until insurance approved the monitoring visits before we received the remainder. That took several weeks and then we owed the regular copays. The billing person Melanie was extremely kind, professional and explained things well.
Describe Allen Morgan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey).
What specific things went wrong at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey).
I was also On metformin and I specifically told my ivf nurse several times that I felt like my heart rate was elevated and that I was Having facial twitches. She always said she would ask the dr but I never Got an answer. They never even followed up with my blood pressure. When I received my records to give to my new dr. All the records noted that I had Zero side effects which was untrue. My new dr. Informed me I should stop metformin immediately as I do Not have PCOS and was causing me stomach distress and other symptoms. There were numerous times where there were discrepancies in the dosage I was Verbally told and what was written on my portal. And many times where Jennifer d had no idea what other medications I had been on
Lakewood

Dr. Morgan did not explain things fully and was quite dismissive and distant. I was fine with it because I did not need to like him or feel warm fuzzies; I needed his skill set and it worked for us...Be prepared with the questions you want answers to as he will not explain much- if anything. Do not take his affect or personality personally and do your best to check your emotions at the door.
Patient, caring, helpful. She Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine nurse] really made the experience bearable. She made up for what the physician lacked with her knowledge, compassion and thoroughness...I had an issue with obtaining medications. My insurance at that time required me to go through my employers pharmacy and that was a headache.
Ultimately, he did his job and we were lucky and successful with our first IUI procedure. Dr. Morgan left much to be desired but his clinical staff made up for it. The hours were convenient and I did not have to miss work. Dr. Morgan did not explain things fully and was quite dismissive and distant. I was fine with it because I did not need to like him or feel warm fuzzies; I needed his skill set and it worked for us. Quickly worked for us, too. I think if I was unsuccessful under his care, I would detest him. I feel nothing toward him. His staff, particularly nurse Kelly was wonderful and helpful.
Try him out if he is covered under your insurance. Be prepared with the questions you want answers to as he will not explain much- if anything. Do not take his affect or personality personally and do your best to check your emotions at the door. If you want someone to be sweet to you or be invested in your well being as a person, consider another practice.
Dr. Morgan, himself, was distant, blunt, and not warm. His staff is his saving grace. They were responsive, kind and willingly to explain and discuss our care.
I do not remember all the strategies but I did have to spend a decent amount of money on two types of drugs that I luckily did not need in the end. That was annoying though-- trying to get the medications and trying to get them somewhat covered by insurance. I did get pregnant after 1 cycle of IUI but we did two inseminations (back to back days). One procedure was completed by nurse Kelly who was fantastic and other was completed by Dr. Morgan. I did have to have one injection at home that was emotional for me. I am impressed by the strength of women who have months- or years- of TTC. My year journey (and about a 1.5 months with Dr. Morgan were very taxing on me. I'd still do it again and am overjoyed with our sweet daughter. I wish we could afford to do it again to give our little love a sibling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey). (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was an angel. Patient, caring, helpful. She really made the experience bearable. She made up for what the physician lacked with her knowledge, compassion and thoroughness.
It was adequate. I liked the early morning hours for bloodwork and/or ultrasound so it did not impact my work day. It was stressful though because it did involve early morning wake ups and waiting outside as it is a first come, first serve for those mornings.
I think my insurance covered most and it was somewhere between 9-11 thousand. Please note that my genetic testing was done through my hospital at no cost and this was for one cycle of IUI.
No comments as we were beyond lucky to have been successful with IUI alone.

2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Morgan oversaw all of my care, but I had a woman do 2 of the 3 IUI's and another man do my egg retrieval and transfer...I am not sure if I would return to him to go through the IVF process again. Part of me would want to find a dr that I am personally more comfortable asking questions and talking with. He had a way of saying he was the expert and not what I read or who else I knew that had gone through infertility.
[Morgan Fert ] wait times varied, bloodwork and ultrasounds were usually very quick and in and out in the waiting room..Waiting room is comfortable and decorated nicely. Billing specialist was always available to talk to you at appointments and could come in meet with you in a room there or call you...Robin was my nurse for the IUIs and then on her way out when I was doing IVF and training Kelly. They were both very thorough. They always answered my questions and called me back, called in necessary prescriptions, did in person training for injectables,
Dr. Morgan oversaw all of my care, but I had a woman do 2 of the 3 IUI's and another man do my egg retrieval and transfer. I believe they both left shortly after. He came highly recommended by a few people in my area as for helping them successfully have a child or children after years of not being able to conceive. So I am of course very grateful for his knowledge and expertise in helping me have a child and achieve the end result. However, I am not sure if I would return to him to go through the IVF process again. Part of me would want to find a dr that I am personally more comfortable asking questions and talking with. He had a way of saying he was the expert and not what I read or who else I knew that had gone through infertility. I understand he is the one with the medical degree in this specific area, but I often felt like he diminished my questions or concerns. For example I could say what a friend had used and asked do you think that could help in my case and he would brush it off. I know every women or couple is different, but he could be a little gentler with his approach or understanding as to how someone in my case with unexplained fertility could be wracking her brain to know what is it? Anytime someone has asked me how I liked who I used, I've said he doesn't have the best bedside manner but got the job done. My husband didn't think he was as bad as I did to talk to. But he also did not interact with him as much as I did. I've met another woman who had success with him after 1 IUI and felt the same exact way, that he'd be nice to her husband and talk down to her. If it weren't for the compassionate nurses, kind ultrasound technician and easy to work with billing staff I would not have continued there. I went for a consult with one other dr. after the 3 IUI's were not successful, but I didn't love the next dr and it was further distance so my husband and I felt like we should just stay with him. I am so grateful I had success with my first egg retrieval and transfer and have a healthy child but talking with Dr Morgan is no where near as comfortable as talking to my regular male obgyn.
When I had the 3 IUI's and IVF, the practice was not as big as it seems to be now. I see they have several locations now where back then I felt like my office, Lakewood was his main office. So I felt like he, especially the other staff knew me.
Clomid with Ovidrel 1st IUI Gonal F and Ovidrel for 2nd and 3rd IUI's This was my choice to do a 3rd IUI, Dr. Morgan seemed to have recommended to move onto IVF, but I was wanting to try one more before moving to bigger process with IVF. For IVF Gonal F, estrace, Medrol, Lupron, Menopur, Metformin, Novarel instead of Ovidrel, Crinone 8% are listed under my file but I don’t remember the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey). (Assigned nurse: Robin and Kelly)
Robin was my nurse for the IUIs and then on her way out when I was doing IVF and training Kelly. They were both very thorough. They always answered my questions and called me back, called in necessary prescriptions, did in person training for injectables, made sure the patient portal was always updated and listened to my concerns.
wait times varied, bloodwork and ultrasounds were usually very quick and in and out in the waiting room. Other times, I thought it would be quick but was a little bit of wait. Still shorter than my gyno and other dr offices. Waiting room is comfortable and decorated nicely. Billing specialist was always available to talk to you at appointments and could come in meet with you in a room there or call you.
I had a medical insurance plan that at the time covered all aspects of infertility treatment and medications. We were very fortunate to pay very minimal co pays and coinsurance %. I don't remember exactly but my estimate for meds was around $6000 before insurance.
We did not do any genetic testing on the embryos and I don't remember it being made to sound so common or like part of the process like I have heard from friends going other places. Or maybe we just didn't consider it much because it would have been around $5000 out of pocket and we were fortunate to have so much covered at the time. We probably paid not even $2000 total through the whole process, counting meds and everything.
We heard from the embryologist the day after the egg retrieval and she said we had 7 out of 7 eggs retrieved fertilize. She was very polite and professional. While I have heard many women have many more eggs (in the double digits usually) than I had retrieved, I felt good that I seemed to have very good quality. We had decided in advance (as we were explained to) we were going to put 2 eggs in as I was just over 30 at the time and pay to freeze any we had left over. We were scheduled to come back in for a day 3 transfer and took off from work, but very early that morning we were told to not come in and that we would wait 2 more days to see which embryos looked better. At that time I think there were 5 or 6. We heard nothing the next day and then the following morning we went in anxiously waiting to hear how many we had and no one told us until they were about to put the 2 in. They said that was all there was. There were none left to freeze. So this was something we would have liked to have known but no one told us. I forget if I asked at the front desk after waiting a little while and that woman said she didn't know and would have to find out, or if I didn't speak up. All I remember is how anxious we were to find out and it seemed strange that no one let us know until I asked while having my legs spread open waiting for the embryo transfer to go down (or should I say up) day 5. And it was disappointing to have gone from 5 to 2 embryos and no one tell us.
Lakewood

[Dr. Morgan] Seems to be very competent and knowledgeable, but bedside manner leaves something to be desired. He does not seem to have much compassion, and makes you feel rushed during the few times you actually see him....I felt like I was rushed once I got in to see the doctor, and he only did 2 of my IUI treatments. The second time he did one he was sort of abrupt when I voiced some concerns with him.... Fertility shots, clomid, iui treatments all combined.
Front desk staff [Allen Morgan Fertility] could be more friendly and patient. New patients should always be ready with payment when they are called. Ask as many questions as you need to, because they don’t always tell you everything you need to know.... Nurses made me feel very comfortable. The front desk and doctor, not so much. I felt like I was rushed once I got in to see the doctor... I was prescribed an antibiotic and told to take them all at once, but when I took them I got very sick.
Do not expect much in the way of compassion. You will be disappointed.
Nurses made me feel very comfortable. The front desk and doctor, not so much. I felt like I was rushed once I got in to see the doctor, and he only did 2 of my IUI treatments. The second time he did one he was sort of abrupt when I voiced some concerns with him.
Fertility shots, clomid, iui treatments all combined.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey).
Very compassionate and friendly. Seemed very knowledgeable and eager to answer my questions.
Front desk staff could be more friendly and patient. New patients should always be ready with payment when they are called. Ask as many questions as you need to, because they don’t always tell you everything you need to know.
My cost was only the copays due from my insurance ($30 a visit) and the cost of the medications covered by my insurance (between $12 and $75).
I was prescribed an antibiotic and told to take them all at once, but when I took them I got very sick. Come to find out, I was only supposed to take one and then wait 12 hours before taking the second one.
Lakewood

Dr Morgan always treated me respectfully & was always kind however I felt that because I had a diminished egg reserve that he didn’t feel as positive for good results and wasn’t as innovative. I can say that after all morning monitoring appts if he saw me leave, he would call me into his office to review where in the process things stood for the cycle...Make sure to be an advocate for your own personal gain especially if you have other medical issues because he is very conservative in his approach
They [Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] were very compassionate, honest and helpful. They were very detailed in their instructions and always got back to me when I had questions...We felt that Dr Morgan was not very aggressive in approach especially with someone with diminished egg reserve. He never changed tactics or levels of medicine through each of my cycles. After the cycles didn’t work we thought that and suggested that maybe we should change things and basically got an unfavorable response.
In all of my treatment cycles I had low dose of follistim and we tried testosterone hoping this would help. In the end resulted in negative pregnancy. We were not happy that his approach did not change cycle to cycle with my condition
Describe your experience with your nurse at Morgan Fertility & Reproductive Medicine (formerly Women's Fertility Center of New Jersey). (Assigned nurse: Kelly & Jess)
All the nurses working at Dr Morgan’s office were excellent! They were very compassionate, honest and helpful. They were very detailed in their instructions and always got back to me when I had questions
We felt that Dr Morgan was not very aggressive in approach especially with someone with diminished egg reserve. He never changed tactics or levels of medicine through each of my cycles. After the cycles didn’t work we thought that and suggested that maybe we should change things and basically got an unfavorable response. We loved his Nursing staff They were very friendly and informative. These were the Team of women that I saw 2-3 times a week so they made me feel more at ease with everything we were going through.
We have good insurance so we didn’t have a lot out of pocket for IUI/IVF but being I have diminished egg reserve this is not covered