Allison Lange

Philadelphia, PA 19107
215.922.1556

1 patient review filtered by:

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr Lange provided great treatment for my 5 IUIs; although they did not result in pregnancies my medication dose, timing, hormone levels, etc. were good...very thoughtful, whether at their facilities for treatment or over zoom for consultation. No complaints on their "bedside manner"...5 medicated IUIs with HCG trigger (ovidrel or pregnyl). First medication was Clomid then switched to Letrozole. Clinic also put me on Synthroid.
How was your experience with Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Lange provided great treatment for my 5 IUIs; although they did not result in pregnancies my medication dose, timing, hormone levels, etc. were good. Unfortunately, RMA did not provide quality service when it came to suspecting endometriosis. At the time of my treatment there I had a large suspected chocolate cyst. They never went through the symptom list to help me further diagnose, never dived into my medical history (maternal side has endo), never requested I go for "proper" imaging at ultrasound/MRI center, and didn't recommend I speak to a specialist. We breezed through it instead of taking the time to investigate - I guess this was outside of fertilty care for RMA. Turn out, I had stage 4 and needed surgery.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Get a diagnosis - don't automatically agree with an initial unexplained. It's easy for clinics to call it that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Doctors and nurses were very thoughtful, whether at their facilities for treatment or over zoom for consultation. No complaints on their "bedside manner"! They want to help their patients.
Describe the protocols Allison Lange used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
They were great communicators and compassionate. Sometimes they pushed back if I asked for a doctor opinion, but they do this all the time so you have to trust them.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
RMA has highly skilled and intelligent doctors, they are well resourced ($$$) which means great systems/technology and quality nurses (they are not short staffed). If I stuck with them, they would have likely gotten me pregnant, at some point, with IVF. Unfortunately, when I went for a second opinion once I knew IVF was my next step, my next second clinic was alarmed at my endometriosis and, honestly, a little confused why I knew so little about it and I hadn't had imaging or specialized conversations about it. I had to have a hysteroscopy, they removed a 3.5in endometrioma mass and was diagnosed stage 4. Like I said, they probably could get me pregnant with IVF and probably treat endo patients all the time, but I didn't trust my doctor after this and a new clinic was a better fit for me on a couple of factors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia.
I only did IUIs which was covered by insurance (IBX Keystone East). Each visit I had a co-pay. The only add-on would have been genetic testing for my spouse and myself, which thinking back was a little odd and pushy since nothing ran in our families and I was way under the typical female 35 age threshold at the time. I don't recall their IVF pricing.
Allison Lange