Available by cell phone
815-356-7034
2592 East Grand Avenue
Lindenhurst, IL 60046
847-356-0483
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Allison Rodgers to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of Illinois to a friend?
2017 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Rodgers is really a cheerleader for all her patients. She takes the time to answer all questions ... and personally calls you with good or bad news. I feel that she really has your back and tailors treatment based on each individual case. ... The only negative that I would say about her is that due to the amount of patients, she sometimes has to be reminded of things like meds, what protocol you followed for your last transfer but that should be probably expected as I am not her only patient.
2017 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. She may be younger than most RE's but I honestly thing she takes her time to really understand different treatment options and thinks outside the box. She is not afraid to be challenged and answers all questions and concerns with honesty and with data to back it up if needed. She will try anything and everything that makes sense for your treatment. The only negative that I would say about her is that due to the amount of patients, she sometimes has to be reminded of things like meds, what protocol you followed for your last transfer but that should be probably expected as I am not her only patient. I never have felt rushed during any consults with her and she makes sure to be there for all transfers and procedures. I really wish that I had done a cycle with her with my own eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Once you are a patient and in treatment, make sure you remind her of things that could be important.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers is really a cheerleader for all her patients. She takes the time to answer all questions (even has answered emails on the weekends and when on vacation which i felt horrible about!) and personally calls you with good or bad news. I feel that she really has your back and tailors treatment based on each individual case.
Describe the protocols Allison Rodgers used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
Before the first FET I had a saline sono and ERA done. FET #1 included an endometrial scratch, lupron, estrace, estrogen patches, antibiotic, baby asprin, and PIO. I got pregnant for the 1st time ever but sadly miscarried a couple weeks later. After the miscarriage we ran a couple of blood tests and everything was ok. Before FET #2, we did an endometrial biopsy to look for inflammation which came back negative so we proceed with the same protocol as the 1st FET and it was a negative. For our last FET, we added predisone and lovenox (everything but the kitchen sink) and sadly we had another negative. After this last negative, we decided to run a couple of more blood tests and will possibly do an EIP before our next transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley is pretty amazing. Anytime that I had questions, she has made sure to call me or email me back the same day. I never have felt rushed to get off the phone or to keep emails short with her. When she has not been available, all of her other nurses have been nothing short of amazing either. This is honestly the first group of nurses that I have felt the most comfortable and least stressed with. They are a HUGE group of cheerleader for all of Dr. Rodger's patients.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Many people don't like FCI and refer to it as a "cattle call" but I believe that's coming from those patients that visit the River North location which is the biggest and busiest with multiple doctors and not to mention where all the procedures take place. There are so many other locations that FCI has in the suburbs where you definitely don't get that feeling. Getting an appointment is pretty easy and the entire staff is super friendly. For monitoring, they try to adhere as close as possible to your appointment time. The most that I had to wait was approximately 15 minutes. It's super helpful that they are open as early as 6:30 am for appointment for those of us who have to get to work early.
Chicago

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Rodgers is compassionate, and focused. She tailors each treatment protocol based on the individual she is treating, and is first and foremost concerned with the wellbeing of her patients, both physically and mentally. She has acted as both doctor and therapist during our experience, and never rushes her appointments no matter how busy she is. She is honest, yet optimistic, which is critical for me as I tend to expect the worst. I wish I had found her sooner. She is a true blessing. I know that if we do not have a child out of this, Dr. Rodgers has truely given it everything she’s got.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Don’t hesitate. Go see her now. She will change your life!
Dr. Rodgers experienced infertility first hand, and underwent IVF to have her daughter. I can see the pain in her eyes when I discuss my struggle thus far. After my egg retrieval, I experienced OHSS and Dr. Rodgers personally called to check on me. Upon arriving to my post retrieval consultation, she hugged my husband and I and took time to discuss our results, the next step, and any concerns we may have.
I have a high ovarian reserve and my husbands sperm quality is wonderful. I just have severely blocked tubes which couldn’t be fixed via surgery. She began my dosage very low to try to prevent OHSS. I was on 75 unita of Menopur and 100 units of Gonal-F to start treatment. We slowly increased my dosage until my ovaries responded correctly. At retrevial we got 27 eggs, fertilized 20 with conventional insemination, and got 14 total embryos (8 1aa, 2 1ab, and 4 1bb). I ended up with OHSS so we had to put off transfer to be safe. We never expected this outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Every question, every need, every concern my husband or I had was met with enthusiasm and urgency.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The whole system utilized the same nursing staff seamlessly between each of the different locations. No matter which location we were to visit, the staff was completely up to date with our case. My only complaint would be regarding the parking options at the River North location. Street parking was our only option on a few occasions which would leave us walking a couple blocks to get to the clinic. It was well worth it though.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Monitoring appointments were always quick and efficient. I would arrive and be back in my car to leave within 10-15 minutes usually.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Insurance covered some of my expenses, however a retrieval cycle came to around $12,00
Describe Allison Rodgers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Due to my age and quality of embryos, we have decided with Dr. Rodgers advice to transfer 1 embryo for our first transfer.

7 IVF, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I loved her hugs and she [Dr. Rodgers] was so caring. She always gave me the strength to continue to try another cycle. She wanted me to get pregnant just as much as I did. I would recommend her to anyone...She was there for me the entire time. Any questions I had she answered, and I had a lot. I went through 7 IVF cycles. I came to Dr Rodger after my 2nd egg retrieval that did not make it to a transfer. I was told I had bad egg quality but we she was going to try her best to help me become a mother. We tried so many different protocols. After every unsuccessful cycle we had a consultation to review my results and how well my body reacted to the meds.
7 IVF, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers had to go through fertility treatments herself so she knew what was going through. She was there for me the entire time. Any questions I had she answered, and I had a lot. I went through 7 IVF cycles. I came to Dr Rodger after my 2nd egg retrieval that did not make it to a transfer. I was told I had bad egg quality but we she was going to try her best to help me become a mother. We tried so many different protocols. After every unsuccessful cycle we had a consultation to review my results and how well my body reacted to the meds. Then we came up with a new plan for the next cycle. I loved her hugs and she was so caring. She always gave me the strength to continue to try another cycle. She wanted me to get pregnant just as much as I did. I would recommend her to anyone.
Just be open and honest about your wants and fears. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr Rodgers and her team of nurses and colleagues were amazing. They were with me every step of the way. She held my hand the hold time. Every time I saw her she gave me a hug. They were hug that were needed, especially after every unsuccessful cycle. During every consultation she would say to me " let's get you a baby". She gave me courage to not give up when I wasn't sure what to do next.
I had so many different protocols that I can't remember them all. I was on several daily supplements to improve my egg quality plus a prenatal vitamin. My daily injections varied cycle by cycle based on how my body reacted to the previous cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Crissie)
She was so sweet with her southern accent. She was always there for me anytime. Especially when I freaked out about my meds. If she was not available I could always reach her by voicemail or email. If she was not available someone else always was. They have a great team of doctors and nurses. I never felt alone.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They were always so courteous and caring. They always made me feel like they were on my team. I was always able to get an appointment even if I had to go to a different location. They have so many locations.
I always did multiple embryo transfers due to my age and poor egg quality. I was terrified at first because how I going to take care of more multiple children at one time. Then I realized that everything was going to work out the way it was supposed to. I wanted to become a mother and I would accept any little blessing.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Rodgers always called with any negative pregnancy test to discuss next steps. She was very easy to reach by email and would call to discuss questions over the phone if anything needed clarification. She was very compassionate and seemed personally invested in every case...Once IVF begins, there is frequent phone calls and appointments with her. I never felt like a number.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers was so easy to work with. She is confident and extremely knowledgeable. She is up front and honest about prognosis, while also being caring and compassionate. If you do IUI before moving to IVF, you rarely see Dr. Rodgers because the nursing staff perform the inseminations, but she always calls with pregnancy results and to discuss next steps. Once IVF begins, there is frequent phone calls and appointments with her. I never felt like a number.
I think you can trust Dr. Rodgers. She is knowledgeable and up to date on evidence based research. Don’t be afraid to reach out to her and ask questions because she is very responsive.
I started out with three IUI’s with 150mg of Letrazole. None were successful because Dr. Rodgers believes I have endometriosis that might be interfering with the egg being able to travel through my fallopian tubes. She did not want to do injectables with IUI because I have PCOS and would be at risk for producing too many eggs. We moved to IVF after the three failed IUI’s. I was on birth control for three weeks to suppress my ovaries, then was prescribed an antagonist protocol, including approximately 10 days of Gonal-F and Menopur shots. After careful monitoring my Gonal-F was decreased because my ovaries were responding very well to the medication and there was concern for OHSS. My HCG trigger was decreased to 5,000iu instead of 10,000 to prevent OHSS. During retrieval, they were able to get 29 eggs, 21 of which were mature. We were concerned about having leftover embryos so we only fertilized 8 eggs with ICSI, and froze the other 13 eggs. We wound up with 4 beautiful embryos! Three are graded 1AA and the fourth is 1AB. We did a fresh transfer with one of the 1AA embryos and it worked! I am now 16 weeks pregnant. I want to say that with the number of eggs that were retrieved my risk of OHSS was pretty high, but Dr. Rodgers was so careful with my medications and monitored me so closely that I had a picture perfect recovery and was able to do a fresh transfer. Dr. Rodgers educated me really well on the symptoms of OHSS and helpful tips to prevent it. She also called me several times after the retrieval to check on me. I could not have imagined IVF going any better than it did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Amber is great! She is compassionate and also very good at her job. She always explained things thoroughly and was easy to reach if I ever needed clarification.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I saw Dr. Rodgers at the Highland Park Clinic, but I live in the city so I would go to the Chicago location for most of my monitoring appointments. Dr. Rodgers also typically works one day a week at the Chicago location so she would see me there occasionally when it was convenient as well. Highland Park is much smaller and has a much more personal feel so you feel like less of a number. The staff is very friendly. The Chicago location is convenient and has very flexible hours, but is huge and seems to crank patients in and out. It is a less “cozy” environment. Overall, I wouldn’t say I like one or the other better because I didn’t mind the anonymity of the Chicago location. It just depends on preference.
Luckily in IL it is mandated for insurance companies to cover fertility treatments, though we have a pretty high out of pocket max. Our IUI’s each cost around $500. IVF cost $3,600 after insurance and then an additional $1,200 for embryo freezing because insurance did not cover that. My medications we mostly covered.
Dr. Rodgers recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age and the high quality of our embryos. She said the chance of implantation of one embryo was very high and the goal is to produce one healthy baby. She went over this with us in detail so there were no questions come transfer day.

PCOS, Other
After the surgery [with Dr. Allison Rodgers], they told me that the eggs were “granular” because they had given me too much medication too fast. Basically they told me that the eggs were low quality because I’d been cooked on high. I am about to start the second round and they have adjusted my dosage. This second round I will have 150 IU Menopur and will start at 175 IU Follistim. It is anticipated that the cycle will last slightly longer.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers has a lot of experience treating patients with PCOS and was fully equipped to handle my condition. My treatment plan appeared to take into account the PCOS and she took over my metformin treatment as well. It was a little challenging that she chose not to be the treating doctor for my hypothyroidism. My main Endocrinologist still had to order her own bloodwork and adjust medications. During the IVF cycle, when I was already being poked so many times, it was challenging to then have to be poked again separately for TSH/T4 tests. During consultation visits, Dr. Rodgers makes decisions very quickly. Sometimes I felt like she left me out of the decisions. The decisions were medically sound, but her thought process was not well explained. I was happy that she was the doctor on call for my first egg retrieval. It was comforting to know that she already knew me. I would have liked her to check back on me post-op before I left. She did call me a day later to give results. Her explainations about the eggs/embryos were a little misleading. Her words confused me and concerned me, although when i talked with the Embryologist from her office, they were able to describe things a lot better. Overall, I think Dr. Rodgers is a good doctor and has good follow through with her patients, but could work on improving her communication skills about the treatment.
Dr. Rodgers’ explainations are not the end-all. If you are confused, ask her supportig staff and they will offer more explainations.
I was assigned to a singular nurse (Stephanie) who handled all of my care. I could shoot her an email and she would respond back the same day or the next day. She was intimately involved with my care and did not seem to be constantly referencing records to decide what to do next.
The first cycle included 21 days of Orthocyclen, then baseline ultrasound, then on the first day of my period I started with 2.5 MG Letrozole, 75 IU Menopur, and 225 IU Follistim. At the first ultrasound they upped the dose to 250 IU Follistim. Later it was upped to 300 IU Follistim and added Ganirelix. They explained that the increased Follistim would help the eggs get bigger. Monitoring was every other day at first, and then every day. Monitoring on the weekend is downtown at the River North office (over 1 hour away from the main clinic). 36 hours before the surgery I was instructed to take an IM shot of Pregnyl. After the surgery, they told me that the eggs were “granular” because they had given me too much medication too fast. Basically they told me that the eggs were low quality because I’d been cooked on high. I am about to start the second round and they have adjusted my dosage. This second round I will have 150 IU Menopur and will start at 175 IU Follistim. It is anticipated that the cycle will last slightly longer.
She responded to emails pretty quickly, but often placed the blame on other people for why paperwork was not recorded correctly or why things hadn’t worked out like planned. Additionally I felt like she was relatively judgey of my personal life and made me jump through additional hoops when my personal life did not fit what she anticipated it would be.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I felt like the clinic did not make good effort to get things covered by insuance. My insurance plan was eventually willing to cover everything, but it ended up requiring me to put in my own pre-certification. A boiling point was after I had gotten a denial mid-cycle while my hormones were all crazy where I was basically crying on the phone with the billing department about how they weren’t trying hard enough to get things covered. After I accused them of not trying to get things covered because they would get more money if I paid out of pocket, they transfered me to a supervisor who was miraculously able to call the insurance to get a peer-to-peer scheduled. In terms of the clinical staff, I like the main woman who does the ultrasounds, but her backup is a little clueless. The woman who draws the blood leaves bruises, but the backup persom is very good. The other backups seem to make me anxious. The front desk staff is sort of aloof. The wait time is always 20-30 minutes, even if it’s just a blood draw!! It doesn’t matter if you are early or late, the wait is always there. Don’t get anxious about it, that’s just how it is. Overall, the clinic itself is not my favorite. If I felt like it was possible to switch, I might, but I like the doctor enough that I will stay.
$1700 for the cryopreservation and storage for 1 year. Additional years of storage are $500. Everything else was covered by insurance. Semen analysis (at the beginning) was $100.
My doctor believes that only one embryo can be transfered at a time because it is already a high risk pregnancy. I have done IVF with Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis for my BRCA1 mutation. She considers all PGD or PGS patients high risk and will not implant more than one at a time. Since I have depression, my therapist told me to ask if I could do two at a time (because it is anticipated that I will have post-partum depression), but Dr. Rodgers did not think this was possible.

3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
In the beginning I was more of a number but as time & problems have gone on I feel like I am getting treated more like a human. She [Dr. Rodgers] does have great bedside manner and really cares for her patients....She has been a great doctor for me. I know she cares and tries her best. We have had many setbacks and she is willing to fight with us....First retrieval was an antagonist protocol with 300 Gonal F & 300 Menopur along with Cetrotide.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She has been a great doctor for me. I know she cares and tries her best. We have had many setbacks and she is willing to fight with us. The negatives are FCI does not prescribe HGH. You do have to be very vigilant in getting your concerns and information to everyone you work with.
Make sure you remind her of important details especially during the phone calls.
In the beginning I was more of a number but as time & problems have gone on I feel like I am getting treated more like a human. She does have great bedside manner and really cares for her patients.
First retrieval was an antagonist protocol with 300 Gonal F & 300 Menopur along with Cetrotide. I retrieved 10 eggs, 8 fertilized and all 8 arrested by day 3 so no transfer. My second retrieval I did a lupron protocol with Gonal F & Menopur doses changing almost daily. I retrieved 11 eggs, 6 fertilized, and 1 embryo had to be frozen as my progesterone was too high for a fresh transfer. My third retrieval was lupron, 300 gonal F & 300 Menopur. I had 16 follicles going into retrieval and ended up ovulating during the procedure. 2 follicles were retrieved, 1 fertilized and I don't know yet if it makes it or not to be frozen. We found out during our second & third retrieval due to an ERA that I am pre-receptive by 12 hours so going forward I always have to freeze embryos.
She is good for the most part but I do need to keep on top of details and question potential mistakes at times. I think she care but on an overall basis she seems very overwhelmed and this is getting reflected in the quality and care of her work.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The financial coordinator is very good with communication and responding. The billing department is sloppy and you don't get good statements especially if you have anything prepaid with them. The clinic does not use HGH. Also retrievals at River North you need to stay on top of timing there as you are getting pushed around with many people and your doctor is most likely not there.
I could always get an appointment time that was convenient. Some days you are in and out and others they are backed up.
I am running around $12,000 per retrieval cycle which includes meds, monitoring & retrieval. I do have some insurance but no coverage for meds.
We have not transferred anything yet but we have discussed positives & negatives to both.

PCOS, Other
When I sat with her from the beginning she gave me lots of re-assurance. We went over in great detail mine and my husbands medical history and what our next steps were. Since the very beginning she has never pushed us into doing anything we didn’t want to do and she has always advocated for what we wanted.... Dr Rodgers and her team of nurses are absolutely amazing. Since the very first appointment they have made me feel so at ease.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
As stated previously, she is a miracle. When I walked into her office in April of 2017 I was so nervous. I had no idea what to expect. When I sat with her from the beginning she gave me lots of re-assurance. We went over in great detail mine and my husbands medical history and what our next steps were. Since the very beginning she has never pushed us into doing anything we didn’t want to do and she has always advocated for what we wanted. Almost a year later and I wouldn’t want anyone else as my doctor!
Do your research. Research articles, new things being done, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. No question is stupid and that’s what they are there for. You got this.
Dr Rodgers and her team of nurses are absolutely amazing. Since the very first appointment they have made me feel so at ease. They answer all of my questions, get back to me same day with results, are very friendly and open and answer any stupid question I have. Dr Rodgers and her team of nurses have comforted me and soothed me in some of my darkest times through this process. I am so appreciative of them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Million and Stephanie Crissie)
They are just as amazing as Dr Rodgers! They always call me same day with results, or questions that I may have asked. & they are quick to get me anything I need. They have held me and hugged me while I cried, and have been my rock.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They are a great clinic! I really think they need to work on scheduling, and especially with there patients. Sometimes it is really hard for me to schedule early morning appointments with them due to already being booked
Honestly, I couldn’t tell you. When we started with Dr Rodgers we had fertility coverage, so all I had to pay were deductibles.
I am not sure what her approach is.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Best part was she [Dr. Rodgers] let us know what was going on every step of the way and made sure we understood everything, which was extremely important to me...She had me start taking metformin and ASA 81mg and a prenatal right away. We started injections (Novarel and maybe ganirelix?) as soon as my meds came in because I had PCOS. I would go in for bloodwork and ultrasounds 1 to 2 times a week at first and the hormones were not where they should be and the ultrasounds didnt show a lot of eggs growing.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Allison Rodgers truly cares and is an amazing Dr. She lays it out there for you, generates a plan, and gets results!!! We had a couple set backs but she was reassuring and we knew what to expect and watch out for. Amazing bedside manner she treats you like she would her own family and she is a very skilled Dr. Best part was she let us know what was going on every step of the way and made sure we understood everything, which was extremely important to me.
I would choose her 100 times over. If you follow her instructions she will give you results
She was very kind, amazing bedside manner and honestly feels like she truly cares for her patients. Never once did I feel like just another patient. She centers her attention on you and never rushes
Before we started treatment we did a saline sonogram and were not sure if my tubes had closed so she recommended IVF (which was my gut feeling for a successful pregnancy). She had me start taking metformin and ASA 81mg and a prenatal right away. We started injections (Novarel and maybe ganirelix?) as soon as my meds came in because I had PCOS. I would go in for bloodwork and ultrasounds 1 to 2 times a week at first and the hormones were not where they should be and the ultrasounds didnt show a lot of eggs growing. We ended up increasing the med dose two to three times and I believe maxing out on one. Because of gas in my colon the ultrasounds were hard to tell. We did about 3 weeks on 2 injectables to get my hormones/ Eggs up. And then an injection (follistem?) 24 hours before egg retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval I was put on a liquid diet and magnesium drink to hopefully help clear out. We went in early the next day and we were thinking maybe a couple eggs but my hormones were still low. Dr Rodgers wasnt the dr to do the retrieval it was another md at the Chicago facility. After the retrieval they had amazingly taken out 32 mature eggs!!!! They used ICSI for the sperm/egg connection (which I believe is their protocol). After the 5th day there was 18 eggs and we were to come in the day after for transfer. I was so sick after the retrieval we went in and I had gained 14 lbs in the 5 days. Free fluid in the abdomen. So we needed up canceling the transfer and Dr Rodgers came up with a game plan because of the OHSS. We waited a couple weeks and then started a frozen egg cycle. Using lupron and progesterone injections to get my uterus nice and fluffy. We transferred 1 embryo after the medicine and it was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy was amazing from making sure we understood before we left the office, to coordinating the meds to the specialty pharmacies, to taking my frantic anxiety ridden calls She was truly an amazing, compassionate, and patient nurse
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Amazing group at the highland park office which is where I did 90 percent of my testing. Honestly wish it was closer but i would travel to that office over and over again no problem. They were efficient and had a system. The staff is caring and dont pressure you about anything. They understand that this is such an emotionally overwhelming process and make you feel like you arent just a number. The buffalo grove office is great too but there is just something special about the team and environment at the highland park office.
Lindenhurst

You don't see her [Dr. Rodgers] at each appointment. ... She doesn't explain a lot of why she's doing what she's doing so if you have questions you need to ask and she'll definitely answer. Her treatments are not the same for each person. She tailors treatments to each patient. ... I did multiple embryo transfer due to my age and no pgs testing. ... Used estrogen priming and high dosages of stimulants. No birth control due to my age and not wanting to over suppress. No PGS as I have no history of miscarriages.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
You don't see her at each appointment. Only for consultations and follow ups after treatments. I was ok with that, as the other nurses and doctors are more than competent. She doesn't explain a lot of why she's doing what she's doing so if you have questions you need to ask and she'll definitely answer. Her treatments are not the same for each person. She tailors treatments to each patient.
Don't expect to see her at each appointment for blood work and ultra sounds.
Staff were like friends and always rooting me on.
Used estrogen priming and high dosages of stimulants. No birth control due to my age and not wanting to over suppress. No PGS as I have no history of miscarriages. Fresh transfer because I had few embryos. 1st cycle transferred 2 embryos fresh on day 5. Negative. 2nd cycle transferred 2 embryos fresh on day 5. Positive pregnancy test. Healthy baby girl born end of 2018.
Very efficient and on top of everything. Quick to get back to you with answers and results. Not warm and fuzzy but cares.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There are several locations and I think people feel lost in the shuffle at the main clinic in downtown chicago. I felt like I received personal treatment at the suburban location. Although it doesn't bother me, some might not like that your doctor might not be doing your transfer or retrieval depending. Also, nurses do the iuis. Dr Rodgers was also a infertility patient herself so I think this makes her a better doctor to get patients.
I don't remember the total cost but I shopped around so I know they were competitively priced.
I did multiple embryo transfer due to my age and no pgs testing.

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Rodgers is very open with her communication. She personally calls to speak with us, even after we have already spoken to our nurse. When we did our egg retrieval, she sounded so excited for us! She always answers any questions that we may have in great detail, and is always so kind....For fresh transfer we used agonist protocol....I have PCOS, and my husband has low morphology, so we used ICSI....Dr. Rodgers has experienced infertility herself, I think it gives her the compassion and understanding that some other doctors may not necessarily have.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Trust her! She really knows her stuff!!
Dr. Rodgers and my nurse Amber personally contacted me frequently. They’ve met my first son. I feel like they truly care to help us grow our family, and as Dr. Rodgers has experienced infertility herself, I think it gives her the compassion and understanding that some other doctors may not necessarily have.
For fresh transfer we used agonist protocol. Can’t remember all of he drugs used that cycle, but I remember crinone, estrace, lupron, menupur. For our frozen cycle for baby number two, we are using lupron acetate, baby aspirin, minivelle, and progesterone in oil, and crinone if needed-as well as estrace as needed. I have PCOS, and my husband has low morphology, so we used ICSI. Our first fresh cycle resulted in our beautiful baby boy with one embryo transferred. We are in the middle of our frozen transfer now for baby number 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Amber )
Very friendly, prompt, and easy to communicate with. We love that we can email and receive quick replys. Amber is amazing!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Organized, kind, patient, and even the receptionists get to know you by name. Everyone is so friendly and it makes the entire process less scary! There is even a financial advisor who helps you set up plans if you need to, so you can afford your treatment if insurance doesn’t help much.
Very well oiled machine!!!! That’s for sure. I loved that I could schedule my appointments early in the morning. That way I would not have to keep leaving work for monitoring appointments. I was always in and out within 25 minutes of arriving.
With my insurance, embryo freezing, and spleen freezing, I think we paid a total of $5000 after insurance. We pay $500 annually for the frozen embryos and $500 for the frozen sperm.
Dr. Rodgers always asks what we are comfortable with, but always reminds us that the human body is made to safely carry one baby at a time
Lindenhurst

I would ask questions, but get answers like ‘I don’t know’ [from Dr. Rodgers]. She would then tell me to come in for a consultation and talk , but she wasn’t ready to give me answers over the phone. Always ending the coversation with ‘we are here for you, let us know if you need anything’...having her as my IUI doctor I did not feel she was paying attention to my case at all...I went through cycle with Clomid & IUI, And 2 rounds of Letrozole & timed intercourse. With each medication I would have follicles, but never a positive pregnancy.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
When I was called with bad resluts. I would ask questions, but get answers like ‘I don’t know’. She would then tell me to come in for a consultation and talk , but she wasn’t ready to give me answers over the phone. Always ending the coversation with ‘we are here for you, let us know if you need anything’. When l had just asked for help, and got an ‘i don’t know’ response.
Maybe your experience will be better with her as your IVF doctor. But having her as my IUI doctor I did not feel she was paying attention to my case at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Stephanie was also programmed to say ‘we are here for you’.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I has asked for an estimate on IUI cycle because my insurance would not pay for it. I was given the wrong estimate of $200-$300. I then received bills of $1000s. The office would then only call me to confirm my appointment when they wanted more $$. I explained to them I was wrongfully estimated, they continued to push and threaten to cancel my cycle. All the while saying ‘we are here for you’
Lindenhurst

Dr Rodgers is fabulous. She personally calls me during the treatment and meets with me to go through next steps. She listens to me and really tailors the treatment to me specifically.... She is very thorough when going over all the options. She is optimistic yet provides realistic expectations. She is very compassionate and seems to truly care about her patients. It would be nice to have a little more contact with her throughout the cycle, but the care from the nurse and clinic is top notch.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers seems to know what she is talking about. She is very thorough when going over all the options. She is optimistic yet provides realistic expectations. She is very compassionate and seems to truly care about her patients. It would be nice to have a little more contact with her throughout the cycle, but the care from the nurse and clinic is top notch.
She is friendly and relatable.
Cycle 1 we used letrozole, trigger shot and iui- this resulted in one mature follicle but ended in chemical pregnancy. Added estrogen part way through cycle and progesterone day 21. Cycle 2 letrozole trigger shot and iui. Began estrogen and progesterone earlier. Lining was thin so upped the dose of progesterone and estrogen. Ended in a negative. Cycle 3- getting ready to start this cycle. Letrozole with added metformin, and Gonal-f.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Nancy McEntee)
I have a primary nurse. She always provides me with my results the afternoon of each visit. She is also available by email and always replies. She answers all of my questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic had a variety of locations which is nice. For my main visits I go to a clinic 45 min from my home but for monitoring I am able to go to a clinic 10 min from my home. I wish that more services would b offered at clinic closer but I believe they are working on increasing the services! They are on top of your cycle so you do not feel like you are wasting any time.
I am out of pocket so it was 275 per cycle and 274 per iui.
Lindenhurst

After a cancelled IVF and a failed IVF at another clinic, I was losing hope when I came to Dr Rodgers. She gave me hope, but also acknowledged our odds and that it wouldn't be easy. I was glad she was willing to give it her all on a hard case. I thought she was very up to date on all the latest research and took time to answer all my questions. I have a direct email for any questions, and she made sure to call multiple times throughout the cycle to check in since she wasn't scheduled the day of my retrieval or transfer. Even after a failure, I know she will help me have a child with either my eggs or donor.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She is great. After seeing 2 other doctors, and having consults with 2 more, I finally found the right fit with Dr. Rodgers. Schedule a consult with her, you won't regret it. I was worried about feeling like a number in a large clinic, but Dr. Rodgers and her nurse make it feel like a small clinic experience.
Dr Rodgers is very compassionate, yet honest and straight forward. You can tell she gets it since she has gone through it. She called multiple times through my cycle to let me know she was watching things closely and called personally with my negative result. She also spent as long as we needed (over an hour) talking about options for next steps.
After previous attempts with Birth control/Antagonist and estrogen priming/microdose lupron failed, we did an estrogen primed and antagonist protocol with max stims. It was exactly what we needed. After getting only 2 eggs at my previous clinic, we were able to get 12 eggs (8 mature) and 2 embryos to day 5. Unfortunately it didn't work, but this was by far the furthest we had ever gotten.
Amber is excellent. She has been an FCI patient herself, so she gets it. She is patient and prompt when responding to questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is a large clinic, but Dr Rodgers and Amber give such personal attention. I had Dr. Marut for both my retrieval and transfer, and I really liked him as well. Overall I was very impressed with the facilities and everyone I have met there.
I have insurance that covers infertility up to a life time max after hitting a deductible and OOP max
Crystal Lake (closed)

Dr. Rodgers discussed diagnosis with us and always answered all of our questions; she called with every negative pregnancy test to discuss the next steps..... Letrozole and double IUI with estrogen support. During the first cycle, the letrozole (2.5 mg I believe) caused two great looking follicles to grow and the back to back IUI went perfectly. The estrogen support (Crinone) was added during the TWW. During the second cycle, the letrozole (same dosage) only caused one normal sized follicle, and Estrodiol, Crinone, and progesterone in oil (1mL) were all added during the TWW due to uterine lining not being think enough. For the third cycle, Dr. Rodgers doubled the dosage of the letrozole and we'll see if that helped the follicle size and count.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers always made us feel normal and excepted, and the compassion that she shows during every call helps us process the results. I prefer to focus on the next step and Dr. Rodgers helped us do that.
Ask every question you have, and don't be ashamed to ask.
Dr. Rodgers discussed diagnosis with us and always answered all of our questions; she called with every negative pregnancy test to discuss the next steps. The staff took great care to learn our names and ask us about our lives outside of treatments. And every nurse is understanding and responsive both over phone and email.
We've only done two cycles so far, both were the same. Letrozole and double IUI with estrogen support. During the first cycle, the letrozole (2.5 mg I believe) caused two great looking follicles to grow and the back to back IUI went perfectly. The estrogen support (Crinone) was added during the TWW. During the second cycle, the letrozole (same dosage) only caused one normal sized follicle, and Estrodiol, Crinone, and progesterone in oil (1mL) were all added during the TWW due to uterine lining not being think enough. For the third cycle, Dr. Rodgers doubled the dosage of the letrozole and we'll see if that helped the follicle size and count.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Amber Kidde and Ashley Milton)
Amber was wonderful and compassionate. She has also gone through treatments and has some of the same issues that I have and been successful. She is currently on maternity leave and Ashley is now my primary nurse since the start of the second cycle. Ashley is also great and always responsive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths: welcoming, compassionate, knowledgeable, comfortable Weaknesses: The first cycle can be tricky- if you don't ask questions they assume you know what's going on. Also, be aware of their payment process and policies. Talk to your nurse or the office manager about how much you might need to save and ways to find discounts.
Treatments are expensive but I was lucky my insurance covered most of it, and now covers all of it after I hit my deductible. For reference, my deductible was just over 3000 and we hit that with a cycle and a half.
Highland Park

Dr. Rodgers has personally called me on multiple occasions. She called me when I had to cancel an IUI cycle, she called me with my final fertilization report, and she shared personal experiences while I was miscarrying. I recently had a hysterscopy and D&C performed and she sat in bed with me to discuss my results. She also called me the next day to see how I was doing....Dr. Rodgers will give you a ton of information and tell you what she thinks is best for you, but she is also willing to discuss any research you may have discovered on your own. She definitely advocates for her patients and makes sure you are involved in your treatment plan. She generally answers questions you did not know you even had, but also make sure you ask the questions you do have.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
When I first met with Dr. Rodgers, I was extremely nervous because I did not know what to expect. However, she quickly put me at ease. She told me what she thought was going on, explained the process for figuring it out, and then made sure I had all of her contact information. Once I had a diagnosis and started the process she was very upfront about everything. She explained things in terms I understood and addressed any and all issues I had. After my first failed cycle, she called me personally to tell my beta hCG results were negative and discussed next steps. Each appointment we had with her she was incredibly informative and discussed our chances of success and what to expect. I think one of Dr. Rodgers' strengths is her compassion. She herself has been through the gamut of fertility treatment and because of this, she totally understands where each and every patient is coming from. I feel like I am thoroughly cared for by Dr. Rodgers and honestly could not ask for a better doctor to have to go through this journey with.
Our first cycle was a timed intercourse and Letrozole cycle. I took Letrozole on cycle days 5-9. The rationale behind this was the fact that I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. If I could ovulate, I could potentially get pregnant. Unfortunately, I began surging on my own with only a 14.5mm follicle so while I did the trigger shot, it did not produce a mature enough egg. I did not get pregnant this cycle. My second cycle we chose to do an injectable IUI cycle. The rationale behind this was that while I produced one follicle on Letrozole, it was not large enough. The injectables (Gonal-f) would hopefully produce a few mature follicles. Unfortunately, after 19 days of stimming, I had 10 follicles growing at the same rate. This cycle was cancelled. We finally opted for IVF. We used an antagonist protocol with Gonal-f, Menopur, and Ganirelix. I stimmed for eleven days. Days 1-4 I was on 200iu of Gonal-f. Days 5-10 I was on 150iu Gonal-f, 75iu Menopur and Ganirelix. Day 11 I was on 100iu Gonal-f, 75iu Menopur, and Ganirelix. Day 12 I triggered with 20iu of Lupron. Day 13 I had to add an hCG booster. On Day 14, I had 24 eggs retrieved, 16 of them were mature and 14 were ICSIed. We ended up with seven day 5 blastocysts and two day 6 blastocysts. This was a freeze all cycle as I have a rather high AMH and PCOS. In January we transferred one 2AA blastocyst and ended up getting pregnant. Unfortunately, this ended in a loss at 7w3d. I am currently prepping for a May FET.
Amber is definitely my go to. Whenever I have questions she is quick to e-mail or call me back with answers. She is incredibly compassionate and knowledgable. Her coordination with Dr. Rodgers is amazing and I always feel like I am getting the best care. At times I felt incredibly overwhelmed with the process, but Amber always put my mind at ease. She has made this journey tolerable and I cannot imagine having a better nurse to help me through the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Fertility Centers of Illinois is a large clinic, but they do have many smaller offices in the suburbs. Almost all of the blood work and ultrasound appointments, and meeting with Dr. Rodgers will be at your home office. Sometimes you may have to go to the River North location for an appointment or two, but that depends on the cycle you are in. For example, during IVF I had to have weekend monitoring appointments so I had to go to River North. Because it is a large practice, some procedures may not actually be done by Dr. Rodgers. My egg retrieval was performed by another doctor, but I never once felt my quality of care was compromised. Dr. Rodgers will try her best to make sure she can perform transfers and any surgeries you may need. We had a slight issue with the billing department because they did not send my husband's initial testing through insurance. Because of this, we had to pay out of pocket. Once they did send it though, they were very slow to issue a refund and would not issue it until my account was also paid off. We have finally received the refund, but that process took longer than expected.
We are extremely fortunate to have excellent insurance coverage. Once I hit my deductible, I was only responsible for 10% of the total cost of fertility care. Each time I meet with Dr. Rodgers personally I have a $40 co-pay. Other than that I just pay the lab and ultrasound costs. With that said, this treatment still has not been cheap, but it has been incredibly affordable because of my insurance.

How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers is full of energy and makes you feel comfortable right away. We liked her right away because she was so confident that she could help us. Because she has a lot of patients, it's hard at times to keep her full attention. This is the case from our first consultation throughout the next 3-4 months. When we requested phone calls, she was cooperative but we had to spend the first part of the call reminding her of our journey thus far. I think she did the best she could but she just has to handle a lot of volume. Her nurse Amber is her other half and while I adore Amber, there's only so much she can do with approximately 200 patients. My biggest frustration is the lack of follow up or communication. Their offices closed at 4pm or earlier on a regular basis and it was hard to get ahold of people to ask questions or to review your medications.
Have phone discussions with Dr. Rodgers on a regular basis. Her nurses are great, but it's nice to review next steps with the doctor and understand why she's prescribing what she is.
When we requested her attention she was there for us. The clinic as a whole has a lot of volume so it's easy to feel like a number and there's only so much the doctors and nurses can do to make you feel different. Amber, our nurse, worked very hard to communicate with us and she was lovely. We spoke to Dr. Rodgers about 2-3 times over a 5 month period. Again, once we requested to speak with her she was accommodating. My husband and I decided that although we feel like it's a cattle call at times, if it works, then GREAT! We are still in treatment.
Amber works very hard to make a connection with her patients. She makes herself available after hours for calls and emails with patients in case you have any questions. She definitely made up for the lack or warm and fuzzies we got from the doctor.

Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Allison Rodgers is very smart and compassionate. Since she has been through IVF herself, she seems to just get it. She is on top of the latest studies and does base her treatments off research...Don't be afraid to ask questions. She is willing to explain it all and no question is stupid...I came to Rodger with two embryos lefts from my 1st clinic. They were not PGS tested but good quality. First, we worked on thickening my uterine lining with a different protocol, and it worked with her! We did a biopsy as well in a mock cycle. We went on to do a transfer which unfortunately didn't work.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Allison Rodgers is very smart and compassionate. Since she has been through IVF herself, she seems to just get it. She is on top of the latest studies and does base her treatments off research. I trust her opinion as try to stay as confident and she leads me to feel the same.
She knows her stuff. Don't be afraid to ask questions. She is willing to explain it all and no question is stupid.
The nursing staff and Dr. Rodgers are so responsive and took time out of their weekends to talk to me. I did not have that at my 1st clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Amber Kiddie)
Amber and Nancy are Rodger's nurses. They are great at checking in and very responsive when they are working. I appreciate the quick turnaround in emails too.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I think the quality of the staff is great. All techs have been pleasant and the staff is easy to work with. Sometimes billing and treatment for self pay clients is difficult and its not always clear cut what is covered.
I am self pay so there is a cost to it all. Consults, ultrasounds and treatment. My saline ultrasound is out of pocket and is around $1000 and my treatments so far have been biopsy and a transfer. Stimulated FET is $4200 and biopsy was around $1200 with all the monitoring
Rodgers felt putting two embryos in that were not PGS tested would be recommended. She would have been fine with one too. With our multiple failed transfers, two gave us better odds.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr Rodgers seemsnto care for me as a person, and us as a couple. She is very detailed and I feel she really wants us to get pregnant. She is very invested in our success.... I feel like she understands what you are going through and looks at everything as a whole to give you the best chance possible for success....She was my second opinion and found I had polyps in my uterus which could have prevented pregnancy. She also gave me a plan, so I felt comfortable moving forward.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I would highly recommend Dr Rodgers. She seems to really care about you as a person and your success. I feel like she understands what you are going through and looks at everything as a whole to give you the best chance possible for success.
Go see her! Get a second opinion! She was my second opinion and found I had polyps in my uterus which could have prevented pregnancy. She also gave me a plan, so I felt comfortable moving forward.
We are doing the schoyer prep protocol. We are just starting this process now.
Amber is amazing! I have nothing but great things to say about her. She has always called me back same day and took as much time as I needed to explain everything. She is amazing!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I am very impressed with the clinic. Scheduling is very easy and everyone has been so helpful. I love that they have mulitple locations that you can go to. I love that I always get a returned phone call before the end of the day. I had surgrey with Dr. Rodgers, and I was very nervous but everyone from the front desk, to the nurses and doctor herself walked me through everystep and made me feel so comfortable. So far this has been a wonderful experience, during a very stressful time in our lives. I highly recommend FCI to anyone needing a reproductive endocronologist.
We used Attain to purchase a multi package system

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She makes time for her patients...I was always greeted by doctor Rodgers with a hug and a smile. She genuinely wanted us to have success and it showed... very attentive and empathetic. She always tried to solve the issue at hand and never made me feel like I was asking a dumb question. She made me feel like I was part of my treatment plan...the second round she added menopur and Lurpon which helped get 5 embryos instead of only 2.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Rodgers was very attentive and empathetic. She always tried to solve the issue at hand and never made me feel like I was asking a dumb question. She made me feel like I was part of my treatment plan.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions big or small. She is your doctor if you want to speak with her email her or set up a consultation. She makes time for her patients
I felt like a human because I was always greeted by doctor Rodgers with a hug and a smile. She genuinely wanted us to have success and it showed.
All I remember was the second round she added menopur and Lurpon which helped get 5 embryos instead of only 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Nancy )
I have gone to this clinic for over 3 years and most remember me by name. Nancy always tried to answer questions when I called and she was great with getting back to me with emails
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinics strength is it is a well oiled machine. The have a good system. I would say the weakness is sometimes because of scheduling you could have a different doctors do retrieval’s. I know my doctor couldn’t be at everyone but was odd to have a doctor do your retrieval when they never have treated you
A lot of my insurance covered my treatments. I paid $35 co pays and for medication. I did an ERA test that I paid $900 for out of pocket

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Allison Rodgers] was everything we wanted in a doctor and more. I can’t thank her enough for our miracle baby. She was kind, respectful, listened to our concerns and wants. Anytime we wanted to try a different protocol or had questions she listened to us and made sure to accommodate our needs.... First protocol was schoyer prep & stims were menopur with follistim. Produced 2 embryos transferred both and failed pregnancy. Second was microdose lupron prep continued with high doses of follistim & menopur. Resulted in 1 embryo and a full term pregnancy
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was everything we wanted in a doctor and more. I can’t thank her enough for our miracle baby. She was kind, respectful, listened to our concerns and wants. Anytime we wanted to try a different protocol or had questions she listened to us and made sure to accommodate our needs.
To not be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask questions.
She was very honest with us and up front about our odds. She checked in on us throughout treatment and made us feel like family.
Very warm and kind. Always answered any questions or concerns we had throughout treatment and promptly
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Some of the receptionists could be a little more friendly but overall it was a great experience. My appointments were all scheduled flawlessly and I always felt like family when I came in. They knew my name right away. I would recommend this clinic to anyone looking to pursue fertility treatments.
Medications costing us $6000 out of pocket and treatment itself another $2500. Now we have no coverage so it would cost us 15-20,000 if we tried again

Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Rodgers is kind, enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicated... I can tell when she is on the phone with me that Dr Rodgers is looking at my chart and reviewing my history, and sometimes she forgets the details and I have to remind her. She is on top of her game and is a great Dr, but these are just minor details that I've noticed...
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers is kind, enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicated.
You have the best doctor in the practice!
This is a popular doctor in a huge clinic network, so some of the impersonal-ness is to be expected. I can tell when she is on the phone with me that Dr Rodgers is looking at my chart and reviewing my history, and sometimes she forgets the details and I have to remind her. She is on top of her game and is a great Dr, but these are just minor details that I've noticed.
Dr. Rodgers was my second RE and based my first IVF protocol on my first IVF attempt. After two failed, cancelled long lupron cycles, an antagonist protocol with an hCG trigger worked for me. I am a difficult responder to stimulation, so I do not fault Dr. Rodgers in my failed cases. Each time we learned more about my body and I felt that she was dedicated to figuring me out. On IVF attempt #3 (with her), she was able to retrieve a healthy number of eggs without hyper-stimulating.
I had several nurses working on my various IVF cycles. They were all extremely competent. The procedure nurses at the River North location were super comforting, sweet, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It is a large clinic, so be prepared for lines at the River North office. The nice thing is that there are many branch locations for you to monitor and get labs at.
Fresh IVF (without meds): ~$12,000 FET: $3,500

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She's [Dr. Rodgers] always very kind and encouraging. Sometimes, however, she seems distracted...ask her any questions they have when they get to see her. You may end up taking more work her nurses, but fortunately they are very kind and helpful....We used an antagonist protocol. It was slightly switched for the 2nd retrieval cycle....Dr. Rodgers has always been encouraging and compassionate. She answers all our questions and helps us understand the process. There have been moments it feels like her attention is elsewhere, but she is otherwise helpful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I would just encourage them to ask her any questions they have when they get to see her. You may end up taking more work her nurses, but fortunately they are very kind and helpful.
She's always very kind and encouraging. Sometimes, however, she seems distracted.
She is kind, upbeat and funny. Very encouraging and responsive whenever I ask her questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths: Everyone I've worked with is very kind. I am someone who needs encouragement and positivity. Thankfully everyone has been that and more. This isn't always easy with such a large, widespread clinic. Pro... clinics all over the Chicago area. This is helpful for me during all the monitoring. Weaknesses: I felt very rushed at my first retrieval after waiting for over an hour in the waiting room. It was not a good experience. The second retrieval went more smoothly. The downtown location tends to get backed up and wait times are long.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
[Dr. Allison Rodgers] started with low dosage since my body is so sensitive. Worked great for me since I have very high number of of follicles...only do single embryo transfer...only follow up after retrieval. No other communication, except with the nurse... Very positive and not pushy. She seem very experienced and open to alternative treatments as well. Great and personable...great with starting slow dosage and explaining what our game plan would
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Roger is great with starting slow dosage and explaining what our game plan would be. Very positive and not pushy. She seem very experienced and open to alternative treatments as well. Great and personable.
She is very straight forward so you will know if she can help.
Feel like the nurse keeps on pressuring me to hurry up for the next round. Dr. Rogers only follow up after retrieval. No other communication, except with the nurse.
We started with low dosage since my body is so sensitive. Worked great for me since I have very high number of of follicles.
Felt like she was pushy and insisted that I should not wait too long when I kept on telling her I feel off after the first round of IVF. I had to tell her and ordered my own lab work to confirm my TSH was elevated.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Most of the time there is little wait if you come early. Sometimes the front desk is rude. Ultrasound nurse is always grumpy and in a bad mood. Never friendly and just rude most of the time. Would go to a different clinic if I didn't like the doctor.
$6,000 out of pocket with insurance
Dr. Rogers only do single embryo transfer

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Rodgers] is very nice. I think she is very knowledgeable and takes a hands on approach. I wish she was not as pushy about using an egg donor right away and would give it time to let me chose that course of action...She changed protocol after the first failure to include more menopur and added DHEA....She's very nice and supportive. She will adjust medications and make changes as need be...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She is very nice. I think she is very knowledgeable and takes a hands on approach. I wish she was not as pushy about using an egg donor right away and would give it time to let me chose that course of action.
She changed protocol after the first failure to include more menopur and added DHEA. I got 3 embryos the next time even though we had less eggs retrieved. For our 3rd cycle we will try lupron but also a high amount of menopur to increase egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Macentie)
She is the sweetest woman ever and the best cheerleader I could ever ask for.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic at river north runs late for egg retrievals and it is very frustrating. I was extremely anxious that I would ovulate all my eggs before retrievals and in fact that happened to two woman I know.
Every one was so nice and helpful. They were quick to get you in and out.
My insurance covered most of the treatment. I paid the deductible and 20% until I hit my out of pocket max
If the embryo is PGS then one, If not then 2.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Rodgers was very compassionate. We never felt rushed and our care was very customized. I could email her at midnight with questions and she would answer right away. She’s amazing...is not a one size fits all fertility specialist. She creates a customized plan with strategy and loving care. She’s been through IVF herself and gets it. I cannot imagine going through this without her care...
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers is not a one size fits all fertility specialist. She creates a customized plan with strategy and loving care. She’s been through IVF herself and gets it. I cannot imagine going through this without her care.
I fully trust Dr. Rodgers so anyone she treats is under exceptional care. Therefore, I do not have advice! Just best of luck!
I don’t remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Million )
My nurse was the best! Loving, responsive, sharp, and explained things clearly. She never rushed us and always took the time to make sure we were comfortable. She was incredible.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It’s a large facility can seem less person but on the contrary Dr Rodgers made it feel like a boutique clinic. Tons of locations convenient for appointments. They are equipped with really knowledgeable staff.
Don’t recall insurance covered so we paid for our copays and deductables. About 5k our of pocket.
One of the doctors in her facility was against transferring two. Dr Rodgers was open to transferring multiple. She thinks outside of the box.
2 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Rodgers] was caring, compassionate and professional. She is very knowledgeable. After years of trying, she was the first doctor to suggest I check antibodies for autoimmune disease. She was right to do so, because I had hashimoto...She was very kind and personal. She cared about me and tried for a positive outcome..... Also, the doctor that does your treatment will not be the doctor that does the actual retrieval or transfers, it would be the doctor on call that day [at FCI]...If it wasn’t for [my nurse] I would not know what to do. She guided me through the process step by step. She was very reliable.
2 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was caring, compassionate and professional. She is very knowledgeable. After years of trying, she was the first doctor to suggest I check antibodies for autoimmune disease. She was right to do so, because I had hashimoto.
Ask questions, don’t hold back. Me informed and do your research before hand.
Amber was an excellent nurse. Very compassionate and personal. She was very organized and detailed. If it wasn’t for her I would not know what to do. She guided me through the process step by step. She was very reliable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic is good. They have many locations which makes it convenient. I didn’t like the fact that they did retrieval’s and transfers at their Chicago location only. It would have been more convenient to do all procedures at their local clinics. Also, the doctor that does your treatment will not be the doctor that does the actual retrieval or transfers, it would be the doctor on call that day.
Highland Park
I always felt like I was Dr Rodgers only patient although we know there were many. There were times that she responded to panicked phone calls at 4:45am. Very professional and kind.... I immediately felt like I was in the right place. Every interaction was positive and she really took the time and her skills to ensure the best possible outcome for is to start our family. She is sincere and has wonderful success rates.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Amber was responsive immediately to all questions and concerns. She was wonderful!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I was more than pleased with the care and compassion I received at all of the FCI locations and with all of the staff. The receptionists, ultrasound techs, lab techs, nurses, and doctor were too notch. I never felt like a number but rather knew that each one of those people was invested in me and our journey to have a family. I love that they have multiple clinics, which made things more flexible and convenient. Ultimately I would recommend FCI to anyone in need of fertility related issues.
Allison Rodgers

I think Dr Rodgers is very knowledgeable but I think she has too many patients and I believe that affects her level of care. My results were less than expected and I plan to change to a different Dr...It’s clear Dr Rodgers attempts to make a connection with her patients...Press her for your test results, meaning get copies yourself so you can ensure everything is correct...We did injectables for egg retrieval to create embryos. Triggered with Lupron.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I think Dr Rodgers is very knowledgeable but I think she has too many patients and I believe that affects her level of care. My results were less than expected and I plan to change to a different Dr at FCI for this reason.
It’s clear Dr Rodgers attempts to make a connection with her patients.
We did injectables for egg retrieval to create embryos. Triggered with Lupron.
Very compassionate. She sat with me while I cried and generally got back to me in a reasonable timeframe.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic is very busy and there is only one ultrasound tech in the mornings so get there as early as you can for monitoring as they take you in the order you come. It’s better to go to the satellite locations as their main office downtown takes much longer despite multiple techs at that location.
My insurance paid for the procedures but I paid for the drugs out of pocket
None
Highland Park

Dr Rodgers was very helpful and understanding during this process. Still to early to know if IUI worked. But appreciated Doc and her staff. I only wish the protocol was outlined a bit clearer considering the several appts needed. Sometimes I didn’t know why I was coming in for an appt, I just showed up. ... Be encouraged to ask questions ... I was told that since my thyroid was low I’d have to take synthetic hormone
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be encouraged to ask questions
Not sure as this is my first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Z)
Although I hated communicating via email, my nurse was very responsive
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Weakness. For 6:30 am appts, if patients have arrived, don’t let them sit in the lobby, open the office doors so they can sit in the common area. Or have a sign saying the doors won’t open till a certain time so I doesn’t appear like the staff at the desk is ignoring patients
High deductible plan$1500