Medical SchoolCornell
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipU of Connecticut
693 Fifth Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Alyaa Elassar to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New York City IVF to a friend?
IUI, 3 IVF
IUI, 3 IVF
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Not only is Dr. Alyaa Elassar amazingly competent and knowledgeable, she is very caring and puts the patient's well-being (mental, physical, financial) above everything else. She takes the time to explain things in great detail, and customizes personalized treatment to one's specific needs, rather than mass-production factory approaches. Dr. Elassar knows my file inside out, and despite my complicated medical history (thyroid disease) and age (early 40s) she did not write me off and went to great lengths customizing protocols for me. I was able to get pregnant because of the protocols she designed for me. She is very hands-on and has a no-nonsense down-to-earth approach, which is very refreshing and reassuring. You immediately get the feeling that you're in very good hands. Not to mention she responds to emails very promptly even at odd hours and nights and weekends. I recommend her wholeheartedly!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She puts the patient's well-being above everything else. She knows my file inside out. She is caring and kind.
Excellent care. Very skilled. I have very thin veins, making it generally difficult to draw blood. In fact generally each time I get blood work done I have bad bruises. Dr. Elassar's medical assistant Adilen is highly skilled and was able to draw my blood every time without a single bruise! The staff all have a pleasant and friendly demeanor, and are very helpful. They are also very prompt and efficient with respect to calling in prescriptions and scheduling appointments, etc.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Excellent clinic. It feels like a personalized boutique experience and not a mass-production impersonal factory approach. Also, they are careful to give a lot of individual attention to each person. I have never felt rushed, and there are never more than 1-2 people in the waiting room. They go over everything in great detail and help you with whatever you need, whether it's ordering prescriptions or working with your insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
My insurance covered most of the costs, I had to pay a co-pay. Certain procedures were not covered by insurance so I paid out of pocket.
Manhattan
She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] clearly explained that we may need a few rounds to adjust the medication for better stimulation and when we got to the right meds all went as planned with good implementation...is in every detail and closely manages everything. She does all the scans herself and clearly communicates what she sees. She is also always interested in the wellbeing of the patient, follows up after every treatment. She is available 24 hours a day and always sends lab results to you the same day as they come in with clear next steps
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is in every detail and closely manages everything. She does all the scans herself and clearly communicates what she sees. She is also always interested in the wellbeing of the patient, follows up after every treatment. She is available 24 hours a day and always sends lab results to you the same day as they come in with clear next steps. She clearly explained that we may need a few rounds to adjust the medication for better stimulation and when we got to the right meds all went as planned with good implementation. unfortunately the pregnancy did not last past 9 weeks but we will continue to try again with Dr Elassar We are lucky to have her and hope to get the result we want soon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
the personal care is worth the time and the perhaps additional payment
Dr Elassar has genuine compassion and is very personal and caring
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
First cycle - birth control pills 2 weeks then gonal-F 300 + Menopur 150 (not good stimulation, cancelled after a few days) 2nd cycle - estrogen patches, then gonal-F 300 + Menopur 150 (better stimulation, but early ovulation, cancelled cycle) 3rd cycle - birth control pills 2 weeks + testosterone gel then Lupron + gonal-F 200 + Menopur 150 (good stimulation + retrieval + pregnancy)
Extremity nice and responsive. easy to communicate with for appointments, prescriptions and any requests
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Clinic is new, clean and organized. the facility is equipped with all the surgical needs, 2 scan rooms, offices with plenty of space to sit down and review results, go through procedures, medications and also live video
Describe Alyaa Elassar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York City IVF.
She had a preference to use 2 embryos in our case but she likely has a very personalized recommendation based on various factors
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr Elassar is a magician and and is the most caring and nicest I have ever experienced. People come to see her from all over the world so I feel privileged to be her patient - she is really best in class. She got me confident and optimistic right away - she is clearly at the front edge of all newest research and technologies. There was never a question she couldn't answer or support with data. She remembered all my personal details and numbers on top off her head. She is incredibly professional but personal and approachable at the same time. I cannot recommend her enough and will come to her for another baby!
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Don't get overwhelmed at your first visit! Just trust her experience, you will learn more along the way and she will guide you carefully.
Dr Elassar was pretty much available 24/7 for any questions I had along the way and could see me on short notice even on weekends when it was needed. She is the most kind and supportive doctor I ever met. Cannot recommend her enough!
Used Gonal and Cetrotide to mature eggs for retrieval which worked great, although my hormone level was growing a bit slow so we did not do the Lupron shot. I had a very high number of eggs (22) with high success rate (ended up with 8 embryos, several very high quality). We froze the embryos to do the transfer next cycle because I wasn't feeling great (and because we did not use Lupron at the end). Transferred one embryo and it worked the first time! Have been adjusting the dose of estrogen along the way, as well as progesterone and increasing my TSH synthoid (I have a thyroid issue so Dr Elassar monitored my TSH and adjusted the dose progressively). Everything is going great!
All of the staff was incredibly helpful and caring. The bloodwork didn't even bother me that much!
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
NYC IVF is a great place - doesn't have the 'hospital feel' so it is very comfortable to be there. The admin staff is very caring and attentive, knows all patients by name (this is a small clinic). Towards the end, I felt like I was coming to a friend's house rather than to a doctors office.
I had insurance cover most of it
We decided to go with one embryo because I am still under 35 and we were ready to take our chances vs potentially getting multiple births. Dr Elassar explained all the statistics and our odds very carefully which we appreciated.
Manhattan
During my visit with Dr. Elassar, I was treated with utmost care. She was very prompt in responding to emails and I was able to resolve any of my questions for the doctor on the same day... She is a very knowledgable, kind-hearted and caring doctor. She has a customized approach for each couple. She also laid the potential options for us, clearly communicated the details when we had to take a big decision for embryo transfer. She is prompt in responding to emails any time of the day and that helped me to clarify any doubts I had while undergoing this process. She made it so easier and better despite the stress you undergo with this whole process. It was really sad on the day when I graduated from her facility. She also showed her concern and asked me to give updates on how our pregnancy has been progressing.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I was fortunate enough to meet with this doctor and the best decision we took after failed IUIs/IVF at another facility. On our first visit, she took the time to understand my previous medical history and gave us the confidence to start the second round of IVF. Her words gave us so much trust right from the beginning we met her and we always thought that this second attempt would work. She is a very knowledgable, kind-hearted and caring doctor. She has a customized approach for each couple. She also laid the potential options for us, clearly communicated the details when we had to take a big decision for embryo transfer. She is prompt in responding to emails any time of the day and that helped me to clarify any doubts I had while undergoing this process. She made it so easier and better despite the stress you undergo with this whole process. It was really sad on the day when I graduated from her facility. She also showed her concern and asked me to give updates on how our pregnancy has been progressing.
Be prepared with the list of questions that you would want to ask the doctor and be informed. Have trust in this doctor !! My husband and I were extremely happy with the whole process.
I was given Lupron, Menopur and Gonal-f and did a fresh embryo transfer. After the transfer, I continued with the progesterone in oil injection until 8 weeks before moving to ob/gyn.
The nursing staff was kind, accommodating for medical appointments, supportive throughout the process and prompt in taking care of medications, refills, blood tests.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It was a nice and clean facility. All blood tests, regular monitoring, egg retrieval and embryo transfer was at the same location. Great doctor and staffs. All are friendly and caring as well. This facility made me feel comfortable and important throughout the whole process.
Be prepared for the costs to be higher considering the standards and also compared to other facilities, the entire process is slightly higher priced. But you get more than what you pay for.
Manhattan
Dr Elassar is a wonderful person. She is intelligent, thoughtful, funny, and very focused on the project at hand. I felt completely confident in her abilities and totally comfortable in her care....She didn't condescend at all, but treated me like a peer...She always tested my blood and then adjusted the dose. She was available on email all the time, even when I wrote to her at 7pm with an inquiry and needed a response by 7:30pm...She is gracious, warm, and thoughtful. She is direct and always compassionate. She clearly loves what she does.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is a wonderful person. She is intelligent, thoughtful, funny, and very focused on the project at hand. I felt completely confident in her abilities and totally comfortable in her care. I wasn't even sure I was going to proceed with anything when I first met her - I was just checking it out - but she was so clearly trustworthy and smart that when she recommended that I go forward, I decided to do it, and I only started liking her more from then. She is gracious, warm, and thoughtful. She is direct and always compassionate. She clearly loves what she does.
Don't be intimidated by the office. You'll develop very personal relationships with the people here.
in her explanations about what was going on. She didn't condescend at all, but treated me like a peer, someone equally interested in the topic and equally intelligent. Then - when I was as interested as she but certainly not as intelligent! - she was patient and good-natured about explaining things in great detail. I felt that getting to know me as a person was a priority of hers, as well as a natural inclination. She always had time for me. She was open and friendly about taking about the process, as well as talking about other things. She seemed invested in the whole project of my relationship and me having a family, which really meant a lot.
Dr. Elassar just did a pretty basic egg retrieval for me. She tested my blood to decide how much hormones to give me, gave me the minimum always. Oh! She put me on birth control for a couple days before I began the process because I was going to get my period over Thanksgiving and that way I could still do the retrieval in November. Then she allowed me to stay on the birth control for a few more days because I had an event I wanted to go to on the projected day of the harvest. She was totally non-judgmental about that and what it was (it was a holiday party, so pretty frivolous to be moving a medical procedure because of, but she didn't ask and I'm sure would have said that was a perfectly fine reason). Once i went on the hormones, it was pretty simple. I just went and checked in with her every couple days so she could make sure things were going according to plan. She always tested my blood and then adjusted the dose. She was available on email all the time, even when I wrote to her at 7pm with an inquiry and needed a response by 7:30pm because of the timing. So we did those hormones for the expected number of days and then she gave me the final triggering injection I needed to take. I did that, then she checked on me again and gave me a little more of that one. Then she did the procedure the next day! I had fewer side effects than I expected on every leg of the process, especially the recovery from the procedure. Results were good. I got a bunch of eggs and then most of them ended up successfully frozen (more than 20)
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: adilen hindi)
Adilen is a very warm and reassuring presence, with a good sense of humor and a great manner, who was always completely prepared and good at her job. She took blood all the time, but I never got bruised or anything.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
This is a great practice. Its grand midtown offices could be a little intimidating at first, because they schedule the appointments so that there is rarely anyone else waiting, but you'll get over that at first. It's a very personal practice and Dr Elassar sets a tone of kind, optimistic intelligence and order.
$8000 plus drop costs
Manhattan
She [Dr. Elassar] made the IVF journey seem almost easy. She set my medication dosage exactly as was needed in order to stimulate me appropriately in order to get the most mature eggs, but was very careful to never overstimulate me and put my health at risk. Because of this I always truly felt great. She monitored me extremely carefully from the beginning to the end of my IVF journey constantly. She was always kind, came in with a smile and was always uplifting and reassuring.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is so incredibly knowledgeable, personable, compassionate and has a kind, warm heart and a beautiful soul. She is an excellent communicator and makes sure you understand everything along the way. She made the IVF journey seem almost easy. She set my medication dosage exactly as was needed in order to stimulate me appropriately in order to get the most mature eggs, but was very careful to never overstimulate me and put my health at risk. Because of this I always truly felt great. She monitored me extremely carefully from the beginning to the end of my IVF journey constantly. She was always kind, came in with a smile and was always uplifting and reassuring. She was always immediately available by email to answer any and all questions day or night. When we found out that I was pregnant after my first embryo transfer, she was genuinely so happy for me, like a best friend would be. I could not have ever imagined such a wonderful and pleasant experience. Dr. Elassar was truly God sent. My husband and I will be forever grateful to her.
I would advise any prospective patient of Dr. Elassar to never hesitate for one second on using her as a doctor for all of their fertility needs.
Dr. Elassar felt like a close friend who was doing everything in her power to get me pregnant safely, all while monitoring my health very carefully and keeping my well being a high priority.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Adilen Hindi)
The nurse and office manager were the most kind and pleasant ladies. They began to feel like friends. I always felt comfortable asking any and all questions, even some uncomfortable ones. They would always recognize my voice over the phone when I would call the office. It was a truly personalized experience. There was never any issue getting an appointment at any time necessary. They were always extremely accommodating and sweet.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
I can not think of a single weakness for this clinic. Their strengths on the other hand are immeasurable. Everyone from the doctor, to the nurse, to the office manager are thorough, proactive, organized, extremely knowledgeable, never miss a single possible thing and always responsive by email day or night for any and all questions, and your experience is very personalized. You never feel like just a random patient or a number.
eSet was the choice my husband and I both had decided on ourselves. However, based on my young age (30) and good health, eSET happened to be the recommended approach for embryo transfer for someone in my age/health demographic as well.
Manhattan
Productive and pleasant. I have fully trusted Dr. Elassar since our first appointment. I am 40 years old and from the very beginning we wasted no time....I could only have been seen during short lunch breaks or weekends -- and the doctor made it possible... I only saw Dr. Elassar during my appointments and she was constantly available by email, including late hours and weekends to answer all your questions and adjust treatment as necessary. She checked if I received all the right meds from the online pharmacy by emailing me and asking me to open the box and list all the meds that I got before starting the stims.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Productive and pleasant. I have fully trusted Dr. Elassar since our first appointment. I am 40 years old and from the very beginning we wasted no time. It took just one full cycle to complete all the tests -- from genetics to ruling out fibrosis and all the hormonal levels -- and assess our chances. We had no major issues. We started the IVF stims with my second cycle. I got pregnant on the third transfer after one failed fresh and one failed FET cycle. Overall experience took less than six months from the first introductory appointment in March to graduation in the beginning of September. I only saw Dr. Elassar during my appointments and she was constantly available by email, including late hours and weekends to answer all your questions and adjust treatment as necessary. She checked if I received all the right meds from the online pharmacy by emailing me and asking me to open the box and list all the meds that I got before starting the stims. The doctor was there when my first two transfers failed to support me. I was completely devastated and emotionally destroyed when that happened - Dr Elassar made me believe again that it could still happen -- and voila -- it did! She never promises anything unrealistic, just simply states the facts and gives you a clear assessment of your chances. I have a very demanding job -- I start at 7am and it is extremely difficult to step out of the office even at a lunch break. But Dr. Elassar made it work adjusting her schedule to fit mine, which sounded next to impossible to me before we started the treatment -- but somehow it worked. Above all -- Dr. Elassar is just a great professional and a very pleasant person.
Prepare for your first visit - send all your period calendars, previous test results etc. to the doctor ahead of your first visit. She will review them before your first appointment and you will have a more productive conversation right from the start. Prepare for all your visits. The Doctor sees all her patients herself and is extremely busy - you will make it a better experience for both of you if you come prepared. State you time and money limitations right from the start - both the Doctor and you need to set expectations clear right from the start.
I don't have any experience with a big clinic, but from reading other reviews I understand my NYC IVF experience with Dr. Elassar has been very unique. She does work with your schedule. As an extremely busy professional, I could not see her in the morning hours (these hours are usually left for monitoring). I could only have been seen during short lunch breaks or weekends -- and the doctor made it possible. She was available 24/7 by email.
1st fresh cycle: Short (flare/microflare) agonist protocol - Lupron, Follistim (300iu), Menopur (150iu) -- failed. FET cycle - estadiol both orally and vaginally -- failed. 2nd fresh cycle - Antagonist protocol - Follistim (300iu), Menopur (150iu), Ganirelix -- success.
The nurse is not your primary contact here - you communicate directly with the doctor. However, secondary questions, like medication refills, blood test requisitions for an outside lab -- are among the things Adilen handles. She responded to all my emails in a very timely manner, always nice and accurate. She came in before the work hours for me to draw blood one day when I could not make it to my appointment at lunch time. She leaves no bruising when she draws blood. Overall very nice and friendly.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It is run by Dr. Elassar, so anything that pertains to the doctor -- pertains to the clinic. Overall nice and quiet office. Convenient location -- you go there for your routine ultrasounds and blood draws. Procedures take place in a different location -- the lab, which is is also a very nice recently renovated place in midtown. Head embryologist is a very professional, friendly guy - you get to know him well too during the process.
Dr. Elassar was out of network. I have Anthem BCBS. So I had to pay around $10k out of pocket. Insurance paid the rest and I exhausted all of $30k life-time maximum insurance funds available for IVF. Meds are entirely covered by insurance with no limit.
Quality over Quantity
Manhattan
...she [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] put forth a plan of action to get us pregnant that I not only felt completely comfortable with, but also that I was a part of planning. Dr. Elassar answered all of my questions and assured me every single step of the way. She was available on email ALL THE TIME. I'm not exaggerating - I would email her at 8pm and two hours later, I would have a response from her...She was the one who had to call me when my first transfer didn't work, a devastating time. She shared in my grief but more importantly, she never lost faith that I would be pregnant. Our next transfer a month later, it was her optimism and dedication to me that kept me hopeful. The transfer was a success and we are currently 13 weeks pregnant. I "graduated" from Dr. Elassar's office a few weeks ago and still miss them. Incredibly, Dr. Elassar reached out to me just a week ago to see how I was doing. It made me cry and think of how truly lucky I am to have her in my life. For you women about to
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I think of Dr. Elassar and wonder how I got so lucky and fortunate to have met someone like her. Dr. Elassar has truly been a godsend during an extremely difficult time. My husband and I decided to see Dr. Elassar after we were trying to get pregnant for 6 months with no luck. For those thinking of doing IVF, I can't stress enough how important it is to find a doctor like Dr. Elassar. From our first meeting, she put forth a plan of action to get us pregnant that I not only felt completely comfortable with, but also that I was a part of planning. Dr. Elassar answered all of my questions and assured me every single step of the way. She was available on email ALL THE TIME. I'm not exaggerating - I would email her at 8pm and two hours later, I would have a response from her. It was incredible and not something that many doctors do, let alone reproductive endocrinologists who have a number of patients who I'm sure are constantly emailing her. As her patient, I only saw Dr. Elassar every step of the way. She was the one who had to call me when my first transfer didn't work, a devastating time. She shared in my grief but more importantly, she never lost faith that I would be pregnant. Our next transfer a month later, it was her optimism and dedication to me that kept me hopeful. The transfer was a success and we are currently 13 weeks pregnant. I "graduated" from Dr. Elassar's office a few weeks ago and still miss them. Incredibly, Dr. Elassar reached out to me just a week ago to see how I was doing. It made me cry and think of how truly lucky I am to have her in my life. For you women about to go through this difficult journey. please know that having Dr. Elassar in your corner will make you stronger, make the process more bearable, and should there be some heart ache involved as there was in mine, you will have someone in your corner to cry with you but to also pick you up and moving toward your ultimate goal. Your questions will be answered, you will be seen my one of the most thorough doctors I have ever met, and more importantly, you will feel like this is someone who is by your side during what can be a challenging time. You will not regret choosing her. Best of luck to all you ladies starting this journey. My heart is with you.
Go see her sooner rather than later if you are older. Don't wait for an OB doctor to refer you. I listened to my acupuncturist and went straight to Dr. Elassar once I couldn't get pregnant after 6 months. I am 35 years old and didn't want to wait a full year before seeing an RE.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Adelien)
I only saw Adilen during my time with Dr. Elassar. She would call me with all medication updates and was extremely professional, caring, and kind. It was amazing to just have the team of two, Adilen and Dr. Elassar working with me.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It's a small clinic so you are going to get lots of attention from Dr. Elassar. Please give yourself time when you go to an appointment. Since Dr. Elassar does not rush her patients, I would sometimes have to wait past my appointment time to meet with her. I didn't care because I knew the level of attention and detail she was giving to each patient.
She was out of network for me, so it was $8000 total for the procedure. My meds were covered by our insurance.
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar took time to understand our situation and explain every detail thoroughly. She clearly thinks a mile a minute but is willing to walk you through her thought process, and her approach is tailored to each couple. The bottom line is, we were able to achieve pregnancy after our first IVF implantation. After trying for so long (including 7 IUIs) it felt like a miracle. We can't recommend Dr Elassar more highly...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We came to Dr. Elassar after visiting some of the bigger hospital affiliated clinics (NYU, Cornell, etc). Our level of stress immediately went way down. Dr. Elassar took time to understand our situation and explain every detail thoroughly. She clearly thinks a mile a minute but is willing to walk you through her thought process, and her approach is tailored to each couple. The bottom line is, we were able to achieve pregnancy after our first IVF implantation. After trying for so long (including 7 IUIs) it felt like a miracle. We can't recommend Dr Elassar more highly. Don't be put off by the shared reception area. It's a small operation but that's how she works best. We (almost) always were seen by Dr Elassar every step of the way, which mattered a lot to us. She answers email and phone calls directly. She is a blessing.
Don't be put off by the shared reception area or the small operation. It's professional and clean and not stressful.
Very personalized treatment with frequent adjustments based on individual assessments.
In general, we were given choices for the protocols but the doctor was careful to assess progress and change protocols as needed. In the end, we were able to use fewer drugs and did not have to use injected progesterone treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Adilen)
At this clinic the doctor did 90% of the care giving. The nurse's role was limited but the care was sufficient.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is shared with a dentist office. Don't be thrown off by the odd decor in the reception area. The admin assistant is quiet and has a reserved demeanor, but is thorough. The billing process was not as well explained or organized as we would have liked, but it didn't amount to much problem. It cost what was expected. The examination rpoms were clean and efficient.
$14,000 for the IVF. All the medications were around $4,000.
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar is on-call 24/7 for any questions I may have or issues that may come up. She was with me every step of the way and would see me every day if necessary. She evaluated my progress during stimulation and did not set arbitrary dates for retrieval. I felt like she was very patient to get the most optimum results...Her encouragement to try again can sometimes be a lot when you are emotional but I am glad to have her pushing towards the goal that I set for myself...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
The road of infertility can be rocky and we may not get the results we desire on the first try. Dr. Elassar was very clear about this and to keep a positive attitude. I am currently pregnant after a second IVF cycle (third transfer) and it was hard to try again on the second cycle with the same doctor as you think "am I doing everything I can to make this situation work..." but her one-to-one attention at a smaller clinic has been the best experience I can ask for. I see her, I can call or email her and I get her responding to me any time I have a question. I also have some thyroid issues that have come to light over the first trimester and even though I had "graduated" to my OB, Dr. Elassar still made herself available to me to answer questions and to validate medication decisions as well as she checked in on me to make sure I was doing okay. I very much appreciate her commitment to my case and her warmth in her bedside manner.
I feel that Dr. Elassar was aggressive in the schedule but she did ask us how serious we were about getting pregnant this year. We were serious and she pushed us to try again when we had a negative result (chemical on the first transfer and negative pregnancy test the second transfer). Her encouragement to try again can sometimes be a lot when you are emotional but I am glad to have her pushing towards the goal that I set for myself. I appreciate her in so many way. I think she is an excellent doctor and guided me through a really difficult process.
I have unexplained fertility. There weren't a lot of obvious roadblocks. The first cycle we used lupron, gonal f and menopur. I had a good number from the retrieval 7+ and was able to transfer 1 blastocyst (ended in chemical) and freeze two (frozen transfer the next month with a negative pregnancy test). The second cycle, we substituted lupron for ganrilex. They were only able to harvest 3 eggs and I only had 1 good (grade A) embryo and one mediocre embryo. I am currently 12.5 weeks pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
NYC IVF is a small clinic in Manhattan. I am able to get the times I want for appointments, the receptionist is very professional and able to work with me if I need help with insurance or appointment times. They are upfront about fees and payment expectations. I felt the waiting times were very short for a doctor office and they were respectful of my time. I was going into the office once a week and sometimes multiple times a week and I was able to get in and out in about 30 min on average.
There are co-payments along with the billing to insurance for doctor's office visits. There was a fee to the doctor for the stimulation process, there is a fee to the clinic for the retrieval and there is a fee to the clinic for the handling and freezing of extra eggs not used in the transfer.
Manhattan
While out of town, she [Dr. Elassar] called me the day I had to do a trigger shot and pretty much held my hand while on the phone to make sure things go smoothly. Dr Azim who took over the remainder of that cycle as well as egg retrieval was also a wonderfully caring and warm person...Dr. Elassar also manages to remember your name, what you like to do, and what your partner is up to, which makes the whole objectively rather unenjoyable experience of being poked and prodded much more bearable.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Because NYCIVF is a two partner office, and there is really no other medical staff there, your primary doctor is also the person who discusses things with you, does your bloodwork, does your ultrasound, and everything in between. In addition to having this one caregiver, dr. Elassar also manages to remember your name, what you like to do, and what your partner is up to, which makes the whole objectively rather unenjoyable experience of being poked and proded much more bearable. I never felt like I was in a factory farm.
NYCIVF is an office with just two partners, my doctor, Alyaa Elassar, and dr. Amr Azim. Beyond them, there is a receptionist, an invisible person who handles billing, and a gal who usually sits in a conference room reading who would join you for the ultrasound or other sensitive procedures to make you feel more comfortable. This means that your doctor talks to you about why you are seeing them and what you want to achieve, about the process and what to expect, that same doctor does the bloodwork and the ultrasound and shows who to do injections and pretty much is the only and main person who cares for you. You are not handed off to another 23 different people the way it's done in other clinics. Besides the fact that you are pretty much only seeing just one doctor, dr. Elassar is also a wonderfully warm and caring human who remembers not only your name, but also your partner. For one of the two cycles, she had to hand me over to her partner towards the end of the cycle while she attended the conference. While out of town, she called me the day I had to do a trigger shot and pretty much held my hand while on the phone to make sure things go smoothly. Dr Azim who took over the remainder of that cycle as well as egg retrieval was also a wonderfully caring and warm person. I have only done embryo freezing at this point, am yet to attempt to get pregnant.
don't recall the dosages, but the following medications were used: Follistim, Ganirelex, Menopur
there was no nursing staff, everything was done by Dr. Elassar.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
NYCIVF is located in a midtown east offices shared with a couple of other medical offices, small, quiet, comfortable, there is also water with fruits handy in the waiting room.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New York City IVF.
Monitoring appointments were done by the same doctor who saw me for all other needs, and as such it was as enjoyable as those things can possibly get. Other than an occasional waiting room reading time, since, again, it's one doctor handling everything, rather than a whole team.
it ended up being partially covered by health insurance, which significantly helped with medication costs. i believe my out of pocket costs were under $12k for two cycles of ivf.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] helped me get ready for the IVF cycle by adjusting my thyroid medication. I was well informed throughout the process and grateful for her kindness in the moments I was feeling a bit scared/insecure...Don't be afraid to ask questions and trust her...My body was a bit stubborn and she adjusted the dosage and medication accordingly...Dr. Elassar made herself always available. She called in results herself and made herself available 24/7. I never once felt like a number
European, Latino
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
My obgyn recommend her after 6 failed clomid cycles. At our first visit with Dr Elassar she went through our history and was very thorough. After required tests, she recommended IVF and explained th reasons for it. She helped me get ready for the IVF cycle by adjusting my thyroid medication. I was well informed throughout the process and grateful for her kindness in the moments I was feeling a bit scared/insecure.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and trust her.
We did 1cycle of IVF IMSI with own eggs. I don't recall the dosage but used Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix for stimulation. My body was a bit stubborn and she adjusted the dosage and medication accordingly.
Most of my interaction with Dr. Elassar herself. She has an assistant Adeline and an Office manager Tahira. They work very well coordinated team
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It is a small clinic and will never feel like a number. The whole staff knows you. Communication is easy and everyone makes themselves available to answer any questions you may have. They have just moved into a new space in midtown. The space is beautiful and modern
Appointments were frequent and had no issues with scheduling. They work with your schedule
We put 2 embryos in and glad we did so. Currently 2nd trimester
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar is very no-nonsense but also incredibly generous and compassionate. The perfect combination for a doctor! She saw me every visit (except when I just went in to give blood) and answered all my questions within hours - even panicked emails sent way after business hours. I could not recommend her more highly...Dr. Elassar'a no-nonsense approach may seem surprising at first, but stick with it. She's the best!
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is very no-nonsense but also incredibly generous and compassionate. The perfect combination for a doctor! She saw me every visit (except when I just went in to give blood) and answered all my questions within hours - even panicked emails sent way after business hours. I could not recommend her more highly. Her nurse, Adilen, and office manager, Tahira, are also both very professional and kind. It is a lovely office where you feel like family.
Dr. Azim, Dr. Elassar and the entire staff were unbelievably attentive and responsive. Questions were answered within hours in a kind and helpful way.
I was prescribed an agonist protocol (I think), menopur and follistem for the egg retrieval, which went better than the doctor had predicted. After the transfer I was on progesterone and estrogen. The medication was very manageable, and Dr. Elassar tweaked the dosage at several points along the way in response to blood tests.
Adilen is a fabulous nurse - very straightforward but also caring.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is a small practice, so you receive the personal support and individual attention that eases your mind, especially during a process as emotionally and financially taxing as IVF.
I believe the IVF was $12,000 and do with medicines, etc., the total came to $15,000-$18,000.
Dr. Elassar recommended single embryo transfer for the health of the mother and the embryos, but was not adamant.
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Elassar has multiple experience in the field, and she can understand patient's anxiety and worries very well. She works very hard to take care of each patient, even at night or on the weekend she wrote back to my inquiry mail in time...has been following up each step of the IVF cycle...I really appreciated her help during this tough journey... I finally get pregnant after 3 times IUI failure and twice embryos transfer failure in other clinic. So Dr. Alyaa Elassar is highly recommended.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar solved my inquires with her expertise, which helped me to know my body better and also saved a lot of unnecessary spending, like Hysteroscope. What is the most important is that I finally get pregnant after 3 times IUI failure and twice embryos transfer failure in other clinic. So Dr. Alyaa Elassar is highly recommended.
nil
Dr.Alyaa Elassar, MD has been following up each step of the IVF cycle. She was ready to answer your inquiry anytime, even during the weekend. I really appreciated her help during this tough journey.
nil
The whole group showed a lot of support. They tried hard to communicate with the insurance company and the pharmacy. They will reply to your mails prompt. I love this group.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic just moved to a new office and is very comfortable. Its location is very convenient to reach. The most outstanding strengths of this clinic is Dr. Elassar's expertise and her team. Dr. Elassar has multiple experience in the field, and she can understand patient's anxiety and worries very well. She works very hard to take care of each patient, even at night or on the weekend she wrote back to my inquiry mail in time.
Without PGS, almost 20,000 dollars per cycle.
Since my husband and I would like to have two babies, we asked our doctor to transferred two embryos.
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar was very patient with all my questions in person and answered all my questions in timely manner by email... personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility.
Cycle 1 w. Dr. Elassar: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, before retrieval, progesterone before transfer Cycle 2 w. Dr. Elassar: Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, testosterone before retrieval, progesterone / endometrin before transfer Had retrieval and transfer cycles previously with another facility.
Adilen was great. Very helpful and nice throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Small clinic which offers more personalized treatment but sometimes less seamless (re: set morning monitoring hours, emails after each visit with blood results) than a bigger clinic. I preferred the smaller and less crowded feel of this clinic and had no issues getting the information that I wanted or needed.
Yes, I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer
Manhattan
Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She explained the process with patience. She was compassionate but also matter of fact. Her staff were helpful and the facility was very nice. I would recommend her to others seeking treatment.... Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She was compassionate yet no nonsense.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Ask many questions, and you will receive the guidance you need.
IVF cycle
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is run in an organized manner and the facility is really clean, modern and beautiful. I enjoyed visiting the space which is important since you are there a lot. The staff were very helpful.
Out of pocket for IVF cycle and medicines. Insurance covered some medical costs associated with bloodwork, etc.