Alyaa Elassar

Manhattan
693 Fifth Avenue

1 patient review filtered by:

2018, Consult
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working....Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing...turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.... She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit [NYC IVF] was very thorough, educational, and nurturing....I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E [Elassar] had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI)....Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI). Turns out I was actually pregnant and Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing.
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
N/A - turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.
Alyaa Elassar