9.7

Alyaa Elassar works at

Manhattan
693 Fifth Avenue

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. E [Dr. Elassar] is always very available to talk through any concerns I have. She's very familiar with what's going on with me and my cycle and answers any questions I may have...Sometimes, things can feel rushed and I don't completely understand what's going on, why we are using certain medications vs. others, etc. Need things to be dumbed-down a bit. Dr. E is brilliant and I know I'm in the best hands with her. I can tell how much pressure she puts on herself to do her very best for her patients...
The nurses [at New York City IVF] are very kind, smart, and always on top of everything. They are a delight...Each regular visit is $350. For IVF retrieval, the cost (without freezing) is $6k...Brilliant doctor and wonderful nurses. Since the doctor doesn't accept insurance, costs can add up very quickly. Prepare yourself for this mentally and via putting money aside - especially if the doctor thinks you'll need a number of rounds....
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I would say to not be afraid of asking dumb questions. Because the doctor and team live and breathe this, they sometimes forget that other people don't understand the process. I barely understood how my reproductive system worked before I started seeing Dr. Elassar.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. E is always very available to talk through any concerns I have. She's very familiar with what's going on with me and my cycle and answers any questions I may have.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Where do I begin? The nurses are very kind, smart, and always on top of everything. They are a delight.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
Manhattan
2018, Consult
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working....Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing...turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.... She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit [NYC IVF] was very thorough, educational, and nurturing....I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E [Elassar] had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI)....Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working.
I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI). Turns out I was actually pregnant and Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing.
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
N/A - turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.