Good

Alyaa Elassar works at

693 Fifth Avenue

2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend...very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options...You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the e
From the start, the doctor and her team [at New York City IVF] were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy b
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar and her entire team were amazing! We would recommend her without a doubt and know that she played a big part in us finally achieving our dreams of having a family! The IVF process is a tough one, usually filled with ups and downs, and a lot of anxiety and heartache. Like many others like us, when we started having difficulty in getting pregnant, we didnt know where to turn or whether to go to a large, well established place, or a smaller private practice. Everyone is different and has unique needs, but my husband and I were very turned off by the experience of the large well known places, and besides wasted time / effort / money, later on found out that the advice given to us was not actually in our best interest. After giving up hope we ultimately stumbled upon Dr. Alyaa Alassar and are we glad we did! From the start, the doctor and her team were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the end of the day, the process is long and difficult, and so much of it can be mental - it is super important to be in the best headspace possible and to feel like you're being taken care of and on the right path. That is what we got with Dr. Alassar's practice and would highly recommend her and her team. You won't regret it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Don't hesitate to use her. You won't regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We didn't. She was great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
They were great, especially Raquel.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It was great. Nice / warm and inviting office. Very efficient, never long wait times. Always great at explaining things and good with insurance. You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend.
Manhattan

She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] took special care to understand my body, how I might be feeling, and to empathize. At one point in the treatment I had a major meltdown ... she personally wiped my tears and reassured me that I am doing great. She's a great human being and exceptional doctor...did every single ultrasound. On my first visit she said she needed to 'get to know my ovaries', which no other doctor ever said .... there is so much depth to this, because IVF is all about timing ... she adjusted the timing of egg retrieval based on what she saw and she just really understood my body so well. Her protocol worked really well for me and gave us more eggs/ embryos than we ever expected. She is also very candid - she told me on the first visit that IUI would be a complete waste of time in my case, and I'm glad I listened to her. She knows her field inside/out and she earned my trust, so I followed her instructions to the T and we were able to get pregnant at the first transfer. She is truly exceptional.
Keep in mind that she [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] is the only practitioner in this clinic [New York City IVF]. So when she goes away, there is no treatment ... although she is very responsive via email even when she is away...there was a fair bit of changeover [on the nursing staff]. Some were new or interns and not as experts in their field...Egg Retrieval: $10,500 Transfer: $3,500 Meds: $3K-5K...Strength: 1) Excellent doctor 2) Excellent lab - gave us great results 3) Scheduling - front desk was great at scheduling and would go above and beyond to squeeze me in 4) Communication - very responsive doctor and nurse - they would respond to my emails within less than a day 5) Great convenient location Weaknesses: 1) There was a lot of staff attrition and constant new people coming and going.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is an exceptional doctor and I would whole-heartedly recommend her to anyone who is looking for results. She is the only practitioner who did every single ultrasound. On my first visit she said she needed to 'get to know my ovaries', which no other doctor ever said .... there is so much depth to this, because IVF is all about timing ... she adjusted the timing of egg retrieval based on what she saw and she just really understood my body so well. Her protocol worked really well for me and gave us more eggs/ embryos than we ever expected. She is also very candid - she told me on the first visit that IUI would be a complete waste of time in my case, and I'm glad I listened to her. She knows her field inside/out and she earned my trust, so I followed her instructions to the T and we were able to get pregnant at the first transfer. She is truly exceptional.
Have an open mind. Listen deeply to what Dr Elassar says and if you decide to go with her, follow her instructions to the T - she knows what she is doing and you are in great hands. Keep in mind that she is the only practitioner in this clinic. So when she goes away, there is no treatment ... although she is very responsive via email even when she is away.
Dr Elassar is an extremely humane doctor. She took special care to understand my body, how I might be feeling, and to empathize. At one point in the treatment I had a major meltdown ... she personally wiped my tears and reassured me that I am doing great. She's a great human being and exceptional doctor.
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
Gonal-F Menopur Ganirelex Pregnyl for trigger shot Everything was the lowest possible dose ... she would adjust the dose during the visits based on what she saw in the scan. Transfer .... Estrace, Progesterone in Oil shots for 9 weeks
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
there was a fair bit of changeover. Some were new or interns and not as experts in their field.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strength: 1) Excellent doctor 2) Excellent lab - gave us great results 3) Scheduling - front desk was great at scheduling and would go above and beyond to squeeze me in 4) Communication - very responsive doctor and nurse - they would respond to my emails within less than a day 5) Great convenient location Weaknesses: 1) There was a lot of staff attrition and constant new people coming and going. The finance person who dealt with insurance wasn't very good at what they were doing; while my insurance was great, the staff here didn't know how to deal with them - they were calling the wrong department, misspelt our names, kept complaining, etc. and there were a number of petty annoyances in this regard. Everything eventually worked out, but it was a nuisance to have to deal with the office staff's mistakes on top of IVF. And some of the staff was so new that they would charge me with no clarity on what the charge was even for. So you will need to micromanage your insurance and expenses. 2) When the doctor is away, everything shuts down as she is the only practitioner. So if you are starting treatment, make sure to check her availability for the month first.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
Egg Retrieval: $10,500 Transfer: $3,500 Meds: $3K-5K
Describe Alyaa Elassar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York City IVF.
She strongly recommended single embryo transfer in our case. She was very clear about the downsides of multiple embryo transfer ... we thought about it and agreed to go with her recommendation. It worked for us.
Manhattan

We tested both myself and my husband with the usual tests [with Dr. Alyaa Elassar]- tubal view, egg quality, count and sperm. We’re able to quickly conclude 2 male factor issues. She advised that IVF would be the quickest and most cost effective rather than going through IUI as well. We trusted her and agreed with her rationale...She got to know us before treatment, was an active listener, always asked how we were and was and kind.
No complaints [at New York City IVF], the office was quick, efficient and personal! I never felt like a number. They called and immediately knew it was me. They scheduled appointments around my schedule and were always helpful with everything (including Aetna which was a nightmare at first!!)...I loved all the nurses here!! The staff was so great, personal and communicative. From the front desk to those drawing your blood and doing your checks. You become acquainted to seeing them every week and it was sad to say goodbye. I have gratitude to each and every one of them. It takes a great team :)
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She is a very brilliant woman who knows what she is doing. From the moment I met her I knew I could trust her guidance and methodology. I never questioned her decisions and knew she was doing the best for myself and husband and our fertility journey. We had 2 frozen embryo, day 5 transfers. The first was unsuccessful, which can be common. She was compassionate when this happened and reiterated that it was bad luck and to be positive and give it another go. I am glad that we did as the 2nd transfer was successful. We are so very thankful!
Trust her, her methodology and don’t get caught up in looking at the internet and doing your own analysis paralysis.
We tested both myself and my husband with the usual tests - tubal view, egg quality, count and sperm. We’re able to quickly conclude 2 male factor issues. She advised that IVF would be the quickest and most cost effective rather than going through IUI as well. We trusted her and agreed with her rationale.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
No complaints, the office was quick, efficient and personal! I never felt like a number. They called and immediately knew it was me. They scheduled appointments around my schedule and were always helpful with everything (including Aetna which was a nightmare at first!!)
Dr. Elassar was out of network for us but still covered by Aetna. This meant slightly higher costs for us but we opted for this as choosing our Dr was important for us. Think in the end it was around $20k give or take. Well worth it.
We did single embryo due to my age. We were all comfortable with this approach.
Manhattan
Dr Elassar took a great deal of time to learn about both my husband's and my health background. She treated us both with utmost respect and dignity, addressing our concerns and needs as individuals. ... Dr Elassar is a professional, efficient physician. She has a busy and rigorous practice, yet she updates me on my lab results as soon as they are available. For one particular exam, within an hour or two of leaving the imaging facility, a remote location from her office, she notified me of the results via email.
Beautiful space, friendly and personable front desk staff. They [NYC IVF] knew my name after the first visit. Weakness - the office is in a very busy part of Manhattan, which if you are driving makes things a bit of a challenge, but there is plenty of nearby parking. ... The nursing staff was kind, gentle, and attentive. I spent more time with Dr Elassar than with her nursing staff. ... Dr Elassar's visits were between $300 - $350.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is a professional, efficient physician. She has a busy and rigorous practice, yet she updates me on my lab results as soon as they are available. For one particular exam, within an hour or two of leaving the imaging facility, a remote location from her office, she notified me of the results via email. Similarly, her office was closed during the holidays however she and her staff were still available by phone and email throughout this time, responding promptly.
If you want solutions and help to get you there, i.e. a successful pregnancy, she is a great clinician. If you want to spend hours talking to your doctor about your fears and concerns over infertility, Dr Elassar is too busy doing the hard work to help get you solutions, which is what you want from someone who is in the business of helping you achieve pregnancy.
Fortunately, Dr Elassar has to intervene very little. My husband and I both went through the standard testing in a fertility workup, and with her education and guidance about timing to optimize pregnancy, I was able to get pregnant. She did describe in detail what the next steps would be if this did not work.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Beautiful space, friendly and personable front desk staff. They knew my name after the first visit. Weakness - the office is in a very busy part of Manhattan, which if you are driving makes things a bit of a challenge, but there is plenty of nearby parking.
She was out of network, so I had to meet my deductible first. Dr Elassar's visits were between $300 - $350.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar has a lot of heart when it comes to her practice. She works so hard to provide each of her patients with attention, care and thoughtfulness, while aiming to get them the results they are after... was always happy to spend time answering questions in a detailed, straightforward manner. She made herself available via phone or email 24 hours a day and we appreciated her caring bedside manner...Be ready to commit to a plan of action and to follow through!
Leidy at reception [at New York City IVF] is always a pleasure to speak with, very organized and responsive. She was very flexible with scheduling which was very helpful when scheduling my appointments in a discreet way during the work day! Raquel [nurse] was always a pleasure to see at the office! It was great to have her by our side during retrievals/transfers during my frozen transfer cycle for our 2nd baby because she was both attentive and compassionate. Carlos, the embryologist is wonderful to work with, both warm and approachable and imparts the utmost confidence in his work and expertise! It was clear that Dr. Elassar and her team work very closely together and have a great report that translates into the care of their patients.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Be ready to commit to a plan of action and to follow through!
Dr. Elassar was always happy to spend time answering questions in a detailed, straightforward manner. She made herself available via phone or email 24 hours a day and we appreciated her caring bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Leidy, Raquel)
Leidy at reception is always a pleasure to speak with, very organized and responsive. She was very flexible with scheduling which was very helpful when scheduling my appointments in a discreet way during the work day! Raquel was always a pleasure to see at the office! It was great to have her by our side during retrievals/transfers during my frozen transfer cycle for our 2nd baby because she was both attentive and compassionate. Carlos, the embryologist is wonderful to work with, both warm and approachable and imparts the utmost confidence in his work and expertise! It was clear that Dr. Elassar and her team work very closely together and have a great report that translates into the care of their patients.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths: patient is well cared for, intimate relationship formed, scheduling is easy, responsive and communicative. They also very clean and new facilities on premise for retrieval/transfers which is very helpful. Beautiful office. Weaknesses: slight delays in waiting room from time to time when Dr is in a procedure.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was a dream to work with. At my initial consultation she explained more to me about my PCOS and what it meant, than any other doc has in 4 years. She took the time to get to know me and my goals. She worked one on one with us and was always available via email. She treated us with kindness and compassion and we always felt seen and heard in her care. ... Dr Elassar was kind and compassionate and very reassuring throughout our whole journey.
The staff [New York City IVF] are so caring and compassionate, we really felt so well looked after and comfortable in their practice ... In terms of location, the clinic is so Conveniently located close to public transport. The clinic itself is a beautiful, warm and welcoming space. ... Our nurse Rachael was very kind and compassionate and she was very good at her job. She was gentle taking bloods and she was comforting when I was anxious about treatment.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We are so beyond grateful for Dr Elassar and her amazing staff at NYCIVF. They have been an absolute dream to work with and so helpful in every aspect of our treatment. I went to Dr Elassar very confused and anxious about my PCOS and our chances to conceive. She explained more to me in my initial consultation than numerous doctors have in the 4 years since my diagnosis. She was very clear in her plan of action for us which was hugely comforting and I can honestly say I felt so well cared for and safe in her hands. Dr Elassar never made us feel anything other than hopeful and she was always available to us on email if and when we needed which is an amazing comfort during an extremely stressful time. Dr Elassar was kind and compassionate and very reassuring throughout our whole journey. We are so so happy we found her and so grateful for the little life she has helped us create...there really are not enough ways to say thank you for what she has done for us. Our experience with Dr Elassar has been amazing and we will always be thankful for the help and guidance she provided us.
Run to her...now!
Our first cycle started with 50mg of clomid taken for 5 days and then TI. I have problems ovulating and clomid was very successful in that it stimulated 3/4 eggs that first cycle and I did in fact ovulate. It didn’t however result in pregnancy, most likely due to timing. Our second cycle was also 50mg of clomid however I did not seem to respond as quickly this cycle. After a consultation with the Dr, we decided to do a second round of clomid within the same cycle and sure enough I responded. We then followed with a trigger shot and IUI insemmination. After a week I returned for a progesterone test and after another week a pregnancy test. I am so thankful to say that this cycle worked and I am currently pregnant with our first baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Rachael and Leidy)
Our nurse Rachael was very kind and compassionate and she was very good at her job. She was gentle taking bloods and she was comforting when I was anxious about treatment. Leidy was a dream to deal with..she answered all my questions and was so helpful and accommodating with my work. The staff are so caring and compassionate, we really felt so well looked after and comfortable in their practice
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
In terms of location, the clinic is so Conveniently located close to public transport. The clinic itself is a beautiful, warm and welcoming space. The strengths of this clinic are without a Doubt Dr Elassar and her staff. They are the dream team. There are no weakness in my opinion!
The costs associated with our treatment where standard for NYC. We had no issues with any treatment costs. We paid for every treatment ourselves without insurance and they were very upfront about the costs and we spoke in depth with the financial coordinator of the practice after the initial consultation. Everything was outline clearly for us and there were no additional costs.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time....is the only doctor you will see...with NYCIVF. She and her staff were easy to get a hold of and always responded quickly to emails... has great bedside manner, is very knowledgable, warm and really takes the time to get to know you in order to figure out the best treatment plan for your situation. I never felt like she rushed through appointments and she always explained things in a way we could understand. She was always very positive, even during the tough times. I really can't think of anything that would be considered a weakness.
The clinic [New York Citiy IVF] was clean, office was newly renovated, location was convenient and overall a very comfortable and welcoming office which was nice since I was there so much. I can't think of any weaknesses...Dr. Elassar and her staff really took the time to get to know you and treat you like a human and not just a number. They always greeted you by name when you walked in the office. Dr. Elassar is the only doctor you will see during our time with NYCIVF. She and her staff were easy to get a hold of and always responded quickly to emails.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar has great bedside manner, is very knowledgable, warm and really takes the time to get to know you in order to figure out the best treatment plan for your situation. I never felt like she rushed through appointments and she always explained things in a way we could understand. She was always very positive, even during the tough times. I really can't think of anything that would be considered a weakness.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable with the recommended treatment plan but at the same time, trust her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff was great. When I'd walk into the office they all knew who I was and where I was in my treatment plan. They were easy to reach via email when I had questions and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic was clean, office was newly renovated, location was convenient and overall a very comfortable and welcoming office which was nice since I was there so much. I can't think of any weaknesses.
Dr. Elassar was not covered under my insurance so it was an expensive treatment process. That said, totally worth it!
Dr. Elassar recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time.
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar was very patient with all my questions in person and answered all my questions in timely manner by email...Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility...I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer
Costs [at New York City IVF] were direct and upfront, on par with other clinics in NYC...Small clinic which offers more personalized treatment but sometimes less seamless (re: set morning monitoring hours, emails after each visit with blood results) than a bigger clinic. I preferred the smaller and less crowded feel of this clinic and had no issues getting the information that I wanted or needed...Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Cycle 1 w. Dr. Elassar: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, before retrieval, progesterone before transfer Cycle 2 w. Dr. Elassar: Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, testosterone before retrieval, progesterone / endometrin before transfer Had retrieval and transfer cycles previously with another facility.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Costs were direct and upfront, on par with other clinics in NYC.
Yes, I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Elassar is the best. She always explained everything and never let me worry. She was so positive and always made me feel better even after not so great news. She is an amazing doctor and I sent my cousin and good friend To her as well, because of how much I trust her...In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home...I always see the doctor.
The office [New York City IVF] is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses...Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I would tell them that they are in the best hands and to trust that she will do everything she can for you.
In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home. Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Everyone that works in this office is amazing. I have never had better experiences with nurses and staff anywhere else. They have made me feel so safe and comfortable.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
Manhattan

It is hard to put into words how incredible Dr Elassar and team are. The support, encouragement and personalized care was incredible. I am still amazed at how invested the team was in our success...Dr Elassar was great with suggesting in my circumstance only to transfer multiple embryos if i was comfortable with having a multi pregnancy....
[New York City IVF] Small clinic with very personalized care. Dr Elassar is nurturing, emphatic and performed all of my procedures...Nurses were fantastic and tailored my experience to suit my needs and specific situation...The staff were very invested in my success and i had amazing tailored care...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
It is hard to put into words how incredible Dr Elassar and team are. The support, encouragement and personalized care was incredible. I am still amazed at how invested the team was in our success. We are forever grateful for the beautiful girl we now treasure, and look forward to the next  journey with NYC IVF for baby number two.
Go for it
The staff were very invested in my success and i had amazing tailored care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Gomez)
My nurse was amazing and so invested in my success. She gave me special treatment with blood tests as i did not do well with them in the beginning. She cried when i had success. What more can you ask for?
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Small clinic with very personalized care. Dr Elassar is nurturing, emphatic and performed all of my procedures. Very nurturing environment. Nurses were fantastic and tailored my experience to suit my needs and specific situation.
2018, Consult
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working....Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing...turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.... She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit [NYC IVF] was very thorough, educational, and nurturing....I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E [Elassar] had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI)....Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Great bedside manner. Was disappointed that I had to wait 30 minutes before seeing her for every subsequent appointment because she was late arriving to the office. I was the first patient arriving at 9, waiting for her to arrive by 9:30. Makes it hard while working.
I went there in an emergency situation when I thought my initial IUI (performed by another provider whose clinic was closing midway through my treatment) hadn't worked. In reviewing my case, Dr. E had a very different outlook and suggested a way more intensive approach (IVF/or higher dose of clomid & no IUI). Turns out I was actually pregnant and Dr. E carefully observed me and released me to an OBGYN once it was a viable pregnancy. She was very critical of my original treatment plan (which was effective!), so I wasn't sure what to think. Overall, she's very sweet and I always felt taken care of.
Initial intake visit was very thorough, educational, and nurturing.
N/A - turns out I was pregnant when I got there. But she was leaning towards IVF or high dose of clomid. I'm 39 with one blocked fallopian tube.
Alyaa Elassar
I developed a strong relationship with Dr Elassar even though I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. ... I really connected with her. ... I really trusted Dr Elassar and always felt she had my best interest at heart. ... The only feedback was that she never picked up the phone to give me bad news which I would have preferred over email communication. ...Don’t make assumptions based on test results.
The biggest feedback I have is the nursing staff and the front desk [New York City IVF] showed very little compassion during difficult times. I think the DR has hired some new people that seem better but this was something that bothered me a lot. However, the nurses were very good at drawing blood. They were very professional just not personal. ... Great office space. No wait times. Very clean. I really liked the new office space.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I really trusted Dr Elassar and always felt she had my best interest at heart. I really connected with her. The only feedback was that she never picked up the phone to give me bad news which I would have preferred over email communication.
Make sure you have tried to get pregnant naturally before pursuing IVF. Don’t make assumptions based on test results.
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The biggest feedback I have is the nursing staff and the front desk showed very little compassion during difficult times. I think the DR has hired some new people that seem better but this was something that bothered me a lot. However, the nurses were very good at drawing blood. They were very professional just not personal.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Great office space. No wait times. Very clean. I really liked the new office space. There is not much I can say here. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnnnnnXxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccccccccccvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbcccvv
I had insurance but there were out of pocket costs for transfers
No comment