Good

U of Connecticut

Alyaa Elassar works at

693 Fifth Avenue

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Elassar is the best. She always explained everything and never let me worry. She was so positive and always made me feel better even after not so great news. She is an amazing doctor and I sent my cousin and good friend To her as well, because of how much I trust her...In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home...I always see the doctor.
The office [New York City IVF] is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses...Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I would tell them that they are in the best hands and to trust that she will do everything she can for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home. Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Everyone that works in this office is amazing. I have never had better experiences with nurses and staff anywhere else. They have made me feel so safe and comfortable.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
Manhattan

Throughout my IVF treatment with Doctor Alyaa Elassar, I felt like a human rather than a number. This was because every time I went in for a scan to evaluate my ovaries and uterus lining, I was always seen by Doctor Alyaa Elassar. She always called me by my respectful name and knew my medical history, which put me at ease that I'm not just a number. The staff called me by my name as well and knew where I am in the process of my cycle so that appropriate tests can be done. I would like to mention that after my successful IVF treatment, I was no longer seeing Doctor Alyaa Elassar. However, she sent a warm email to me asking how I am doing in my pregnancy. That also made me feel human rather than a number.
The clinic [New York City IVF] is on 7th Floor and has a nice waiting area that is usually not packed. The clinic itself has a modern look and yet very simple... I met with Victoria [nurrse] the most and she is super nice and professional. There was a new individual named Michelle and I think she does the best demo when it comes to showing you how to do the injections. I wish she stayed with the clinic, she was nice, professional, and helpful. Alejandra and Haley on the billing side were helpful and worked with us to explain how things are going to work out with the insurance and all. The staff did their best to know each client by name. All are hard working despite some busy and hectic days.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I want to start by saying that Doctor Alyaa Elassar is very knowledgeable in what she does. I can say this because after every visit, my husband and I would spend time doing google research and find that Doctor Elassar was spot on with what she said. We had faith in Doctor Elassar's expertise, we were just a paranoid couple who were spending money on an expensive treatment and didn't want anything to go wrong so we did our own research. I liked that every single scan of my ovaries and uterus was done by Doctor Elassar only. I only met with Doctor Elassar and no other doctor. It put me at an ease that I am seeing the same Doctor each visit and she knows where I am in my treatment cycle very well. Doctor Elassar has great bedside manner. I am a little shy with my body because I have so much body hair due to PCOS. I never felt like I had to wax/shave my legs for each visit. Doctor Elassar made me feel comfortable in my own skin with hairy hands and legs. Doctor Elassar is flexible with the treatment option. We first met her in February of 2019 and wanted to do IVF. She recommended we try IUI since we have never tried it and if it is unsuccessful, we can just move on to IVF. Our IUI went great except my embryo never made it down the Fallopian tube so it ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Doctor Elassar went over the options with us and we decided to let my body end that pregnancy naturally rather than taking strong medications to end it (since ectopic pregnancy never goes to full term any way). I decided to take a break after the IUI because I wanted to do some traveling and job hunting before the next treatment. Doctor Elassar never forced me to come in for appointments during those times. She gave me my space that I needed. In January 2020 we met with Doctor Elassar and were ready to begin our first cycle of IVF treatment. She had preliminary bloodwork and sonogram done the same day to see where my hormone levels stand and from there, everything was a smooth process. I had a successful pregnancy by end of March 2020. Doctor Elassar always wishes the best for her patients regardless of your racial/educational background. She does her best for her patients. She came in on weekends if I just needed a bloodwork or a sonogram done for monitoring purposes. Doctor Elassar works 24/7! A very hard working woman. She is also professional and does not stick her nose in your personal matters. Even when it comes to 'timed intercourse' during IUI, she does not want to know the details, she just wants to know if the 'timed intercourse' was done or not. Doctor Elassar is great at what she does and I look forward to doing a 2nd IVF transfer from her when time comes. In the end, I want to say that even though I started going to a different clinic after my 6 weeks of successful pregnancy, I always reached out to Doctor Elassar for any question that my clinic was not able to answer.
Doctor Elassar is an expert and will do her best to help you achieve your treatment goal. She will always be there with you at every visit (except bloodwork). If you want to be treated as a human and not just a number at a clinic, then this is the Doctor you SHOULD think about seeing.
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
In February 2019, we had a consultation visit with Doctor Elassar. She asked some screening questions and explained a couple of things about how conceiving works normally. We had our initial bloodwork, sonogram and genetic carrier testing done. In March 2019 we began IUI treatment. I took Clomid and Doctor Elassar monitored my ovaries to see how the egg was growing. Based on bloodwork and her scan, she confirmed I was ovulating and asked to come in for insemination. In between there was bloodwork done to monitor progesterone level. I was prescribed progesterone pills. Unfortunately the embryo never made it down the fallopian tube on its own so we let the body naturally end the pregnancy. If we had taken medication to end the pregnancy, it would add a 4 month wait before we could try conceiving again because the medication takes time to come out of the system. After taking break, I met with Doctor Elassar January of 2020 and decided to do IVF as we did not want anything getting stuck in the fallopian tube again. Since all our genetic screening was done, I only needed a hormone checks through bloodwork and a sonogram check to see how my ovaries are doing as well as my uterus lining. I received a green light once bloodwork results came in. Gonal F was ordered and shipped to my house. In between, I would visit Doctor Elassar so she could do a scan to see how many eggs were growing in each ovary. In the middle, I was also prescribed Menopur along with Gonal F to pump my ovaries to grow those eggs. My ovaries were taking a bit too much time in growing them. The retrieval day was scheduled and 14 eggs were retrieved and fertilized. 10 lived up to day 5. We opted to do a PGS testing so our embryos were frozen and the PGS results came back in a week. Only 6 our to 10 embryos had normal chromosomes. I had to wait until my uterus lining was back in normal range. We began injections to ready my uterus and did transfer beginning of March. We continued with the injections as advised by Doctor Elassar. After 2 week wait, pregnancy test was done and I was pregnant! Injections for progesterone were continued until Week 9 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Doctor Elassar's staff team are great. I met with Victoria the most and she is super nice and professional. There was a new individual named Michelle and I think she does the best demo when it comes to showing you how to do the injections. I wish she stayed with the clinic, she was nice, professional, and helpful. Alejandra and Haley on the billing side were helpful and worked with us to explain how things are going to work out with the insurance and all. The staff did their best to know each client by name. All are hard working despite some busy and hectic days.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is on 7th Floor and has a nice waiting area that is usually not packed. The clinic itself has a modern look and yet very simple. I do think each room can have an added TV screen so the patient can see their sonogram on TV. But the machine itself is big and if you tilt your head just enough, you can see your live scan there as well. I think a cabinet (or more hooks behind the door) can be added so the patient can store their clothes when they have to undress. For some reason, I always have more clothes because of winter and one hook can't fit all my clothes. The bathroom is decent. There are two, one is in the hallway before the receptionists desk and one is inside the clinic. The only thing missing is the seat covers. I would just use toilet paper since there were no seat covers attached to the wall. Other than that, the office is clutter-free and simple. I like to go to a Doctor's office and not be intimidated by big technical machines.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
Doctor Elassar was out of network. There's cost of drugs which varies depending on your insurance coverage. Embryo retrieval process has it's own set of costs. The PGS/PGD testing has it's own set of costs as well. The last major cost was embryo cost, set by Doctor Elassar's clinic.
Describe Alyaa Elassar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York City IVF.
We chose to transfer only 1 of the 6 normal embryos we had because did not want to have twins. We didn't want to choose gender so we let Doctor Elassar decide. The embryologist just pulled out the first normal chromosome embryo from our 10 frozen embryos (4 were tested as not good) and transferred that. It turned out to be a girl!
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York City IVF.
One time I received only 2 needles with Progesterone. I had to take Progesterone injection for a couple weeks but I had very few needles. Since it was also my first time, I emailed Clinic to ask how many needles I would need for Progesterone and for how long I will need. I was able to get the needles requested by the clinic and ordered on time to have them available for my injections.
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend...very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options...You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the e
From the start, the doctor and her team [at New York City IVF] were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy b
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar and her entire team were amazing! We would recommend her without a doubt and know that she played a big part in us finally achieving our dreams of having a family! The IVF process is a tough one, usually filled with ups and downs, and a lot of anxiety and heartache. Like many others like us, when we started having difficulty in getting pregnant, we didnt know where to turn or whether to go to a large, well established place, or a smaller private practice. Everyone is different and has unique needs, but my husband and I were very turned off by the experience of the large well known places, and besides wasted time / effort / money, later on found out that the advice given to us was not actually in our best interest. After giving up hope we ultimately stumbled upon Dr. Alyaa Alassar and are we glad we did! From the start, the doctor and her team were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the end of the day, the process is long and difficult, and so much of it can be mental - it is super important to be in the best headspace possible and to feel like you're being taken care of and on the right path. That is what we got with Dr. Alassar's practice and would highly recommend her and her team. You won't regret it.
Don't hesitate to use her. You won't regret it.
We didn't. She was great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
They were great, especially Raquel.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It was great. Nice / warm and inviting office. Very efficient, never long wait times. Always great at explaining things and good with insurance. You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend.

Investor
Dr. Elassar's office is small, she is the only Dr. in the practice.... Dr. Elassar seems very intelligent and experienced. My egg retrieval process went very smoothly and I believe her careful monitoring of me during that time was a big part of the reason it did so. I have now had two frozen embryo transfers with Dr. Elassar without success. I don't know if I can blame Dr. Elassar for telling me that the reason is just bad luck, since in this field I think that is often the only answer.
The office [NYCIVF] is beautiful and a pleasant place to be. Leidy the administrator is very sweet and communicative. The only weakness is that there is only 1 doctor so if she goes on vacation there is no one else there to manage your cycle and you have to take a break if she does. Thus far, this has only happened in August and December.... There is really only one nurse at Dr. Elassar's office at this time. She is friendly and has become a pro at taking my blood, even though it's not an easy task with my veins!
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar seems very intelligent and experienced. My egg retrieval process went very smoothly and I believe her careful monitoring of me during that time was a big part of the reason it did so. I have now had two frozen embryo transfers with Dr. Elassar without success. I don't know if I can blame Dr. Elassar for telling me that the reason is just bad luck, since in this field I think that is often the only answer. At this point in my process, I would definitely recommend her. She is VERY available via email and this is invaluable to me. I also trust her even though I'm not always 100% sure what is going on behind the scenes.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! She will answer and explain but you must ask. And even though I haven't had success yet I would say trust the process as much as you can.
Dr. Elassar's office is small, she is the only Dr. in the practice. All of the nurses and admin staff know your name and your partner's name.
For egg retrieval, but I was on follistim 300 units for 3 nights and then increased to 400 units for 3 nights. Then I added 150 units of Menopur and Ganirelex for 5 nights with 300 units follistim. I then triggered with Lupron. For my FETs, I've used oral estradiol tabs (between 4-6 mg per day) and in-oil progestrone shots with baby aspirin added post transfer.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is beautiful and a pleasant place to be. Leidy the administrator is very sweet and communicative. The only weakness is that there is only 1 doctor so if she goes on vacation there is no one else there to manage your cycle and you have to take a break if she does. Thus far, this has only happened in August and December.
Egg retrieval was $16,000 and each FET was $3,000. Each visit is $250 before I meet my deductible. Nothing is covered by my insurance. I do not know how much I have spent on meds and lab bills to date but it's most likely over $5,000.
She prefers to do single embryo transfers in my case and I agree with her so there is no issue there.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar gives you an exceptional personalized experience. She is 100% in it with you and makes you feel like you are her only patient. She did all my monitoring, she followed up with results, she did my egg retrieval and embryo transfer...She also gives hugs when needed. From the first consultation, I felt so lucky to have found Dr. Elassar. She spent quite a while with my husband and I going through almost every detail of my previous IVF cycles explaining things to me that my previous Doctor had not.
from the front desk [at New York City IVF] to the nurses, are a bunch of really fabulous people who were always there supporting me and rooting me on...The office was clean, modern with the latest equipment. 99% of the time I was seen in minutes. When I had questions about billing they sat down with me and went over everything. They do not take insurance but most insurances don't cove IVF anyway. Their pricing for IVF was super reasonable and they worked with my out of network insurance coverage to get the cost office visits down pretty low.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
My whole experience with Dr. Elassar was truly amazing. Besides being a brilliant doctor she is also an incredibly supportive and kind person. Her whole team, from the front desk to the nurses, are a bunch of really fabulous people who were always there supporting me and rooting me on. After 2 failed IVF rounds at RMA of NY it was time for a change and Dr. Elassar was a breath of fresh air. No waiting rooms filled to the brim. No seeing a different doctor every visit. No being treated like a number. Dr. Elassar gives you an exceptional personalized experience. She is 100% in it with you and makes you feel like you are her only patient. She did all my monitoring, she followed up with results, she did my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. She also gives hugs when needed. From the first consultation, I felt so lucky to have found Dr. Elassar. She spent quite a while with my husband and I going through almost every detail of my previous IVF cycles explaining things to me that my previous Doctor had not. I’m sure there are many good fertility doctors in NYC but Dr. Elassar is really just one of a kind. After one round of IFV with I’m almost 8 weeks pregnant with twins. I’m a week out from moving on to an OB and just thinking about having to leave her is making me tear up right now. She is truly an incredible person and doctor. I'm beyond grateful for her!
First, she put me on birth control for about 2 weeks to get my FSH down before started stims. At the same time, I also used topical testosterone to improve egg quality. After my FHS was low enough we went right into stims and it took about 2 weeks for my eggs to be ready for retrieval. We used a Follistim, Menopur and Ganirelix protocol. Timing is EVERYTHING with IVF and having Dr. Elassar keeping a close eye on them we got great results 9 eggs which ended in 5 A/B rated embryos.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
$450 consultation. $80 per visit using my out of network coverage. IVF $12,000. $100 per month for frozen embryos
She talked to me about what the protocol is for someone my age which was 2 embryos. She explained the risk of multiples and I was ok with it so we moved forward. I don't think she would ever force it on someone if they were not comfortable with it.

Investor
You always see her [Dr. Elassar] when you go in to the office as well which I really appreciated. She called me or emailed me daily after the procedure to see how I was doing. ... She explains each step of the process in detail so you know exactly what to expect. ... She learns everything about you and your background, explains everything about both your reproductive system and the procedures she plans to do with you in detail, and is always available.
I have very small veins that are notoriously tough to find. Her [Dr. Elassar] nurses were able to access them every day for 12 days straight with no issues. That's honestly never happened to me. ... They [New York City IVF] always saw me on time or within 5 minutes of my scheduled appointment. They're also super flexible with appointments, which is important when you're going there every day for over a week straight. ...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She's the best doctor I've ever had. period. She is kind, incredibly smart, caring, and personable. She runs a timely office and sees you at each visit. She explains each step of the process in detail so you know exactly what to expect. Before I started on the hormone injections, she gave me a calendar with our daily plan for the next 12 days and we adjusted it at each visit. On the day on the retrieval, she held my hand while they administered the anesthesia and was right there when I woke up. After successfully turning all of the eggs she retrieved into embryos, we froze 100% of the embryos on day 3. We froze 3 times the number of embryos we should have according to average statistics - and I attribute that to how amazing Dr. Elassar is at her job. I'm just sad that I can't have Dr. Elassar as my doctor throughout pregnancy. She is that wonderful.
Just know that you're in wonderful hands and will be cared for in the best way possible. I really don't think you'll find a better Doctor than Dr. Elassar.
She is just wonderful. I've honestly never had a doctor be so kind and caring as Dr. Elassar. She learns everything about you and your background, explains everything about both your reproductive system and the procedures she plans to do with you in detail, and is always available. You always see her when you go in to the office as well which I really appreciated. She called me or emailed me daily after the procedure to see how I was doing.
She had me doing Gonal F 300 & Menopur 150 every day up until trigger shot day. She monitored my levels via a blood test daily for all 12 days leading up to retrieval in case she needed to modify the dosages. During that appointment, she also used the ultrasound to measure how well the follicle were growing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
They are the best. Dr. Elassar takes the quality of her staff very seriously and it shows. She has the best nurses I've ever met. I have very small veins that are notoriously tough to find. Her nurses were able to access them every day for 12 days straight with no issues. That's honestly never happened to me. They're also all really sweet and caring. They knew all about me and would also email with me to check in on me. Wonderful people.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It's clean, well lit, and easy to get to in midtown. They always saw me on time or within 5 minutes of my scheduled appointment. They're also super flexible with appointments, which is important when you're going there every day for over a week straight. Dr. Elassar will squeeze you in as needed. Most doctor just would not do that.
All in, including egg retrieval, embryos creation and embryos freezing and storage, it cost $14k. If you want to do PGS, it's another $3.5k. My insurance covered the medications, which I hear can be about $4-5k.
Manhattan

[My protocol with Dr. Elassar was] antagonist protocol, but a lower dose for a longer amount of time. Basically to grow my eggs slower and with more care. We retrieved more eggs than the first two rounds with my previous clinic combined...Our doctor gave us all the data [about Eset] and stayed pretty neutral. It was fully up to us to make the decision and she would support us either way...Even when she was on vacation, she would always be responsive. When my cycle start was delayed, she was able to fix the plan and explain all the upsides and downsides. She is very realistic and explains the data, the research, and how is applies to me. Things that are specific to my ethnic background which may be different than the typical american patient. She is attentive, research and data driven, and very focused on getting the best results for her patients. I wish I went to her from the
Each person who worked at the clinic [New York City IVF] knew exactly who my husband and I were, they knew my schedule pretty well and were really patient with us. We were given pretty personalized care. Any of my concerns were addressed by all the staff. They were extremely supportive...The entire nursing staff would put their weight behind us to help us out. From showing us how to do injections, drawing blood, being excited for us the day of the egg retreival and the day of the transfer. They don't coddle, they genuinely care.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar worked with my schedule and was extremely accommodating. She scheduled her time off around my treatment. Even when she was on vacation, she would always be responsive. When my cycle start was delayed, she was able to fix the plan and explain all the upsides and downsides. She is very realistic and explains the data, the research, and how is applies to me. Things that are specific to my ethnic background which may be different than the typical american patient. She is attentive, research and data driven, and very focused on getting the best results for her patients. I wish I went to her from the beginning.
Dr. Elassar doesn't give all the bloodwork data every single blood draw. Knowing that Dr. Elassar really has personalized care for each of her patients, I knew I could trust her because she has the best intentions. It's not worth tracking all your hormone levels and driving yourself nuts.
Each person who worked at the clinic knew exactly who my husband and I were, they knew my schedule pretty well and were really patient with us. We were given pretty personalized care. Any of my concerns were addressed by all the staff. They were extremely supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Leidy and Racquel)
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Personalized care is something you wont get at a larger practice. They tailor the treatment to each patient in lieu of "the standard of care" and standard protocols. The location is key, and they will make the hours work. The only downside for me was traveling from NJ to NYC for the days of the procedure or when I had to come in for bloodwork on a weekend.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New York City IVF.
It was all scheduled, there were no set monitoring hours, it was based on when appointments were available. It's a well oiled machine considering Dr. Elassar is the one doing every ultrasound. I think patients are given hours based on priority (i.e. early in stims vs retrieval any day now).
Our doctor gave us all the data and stayed pretty neutral. It was fully up to us to make the decision and she would support us either way.

Investment Banker
Throughout the process, my body didn’t always cooperate but Dr. Elassar was always ready to adjust the treatment as needed and to respond to many of the unknowns. She was always 100% honest with me in regards to treatment and outcomes. She also always followed up, it was one of my favorite traits of hers. Also, she was shockingly available 24/7, always wanting to be available for her patients...was my sole doctor contact throughout my entire treatment. She was detailed in her explanations and ALWAYS followed up when she said she would. She was available 24/7 for any questions or concerns I had. She was kind and considerate of everything we were going through but firm with her recommendations if we needed to change anything in our day to day life.
Strengths [at New York City IVF]: great doctor, attentive and strong nursing staff Honestly my only complaint with the clinic was the location because it’s not close to any subway lines except the M and E. So it was a lot of cab rides!...The nursing staff, particularly Racquel, were always professional, timely and compassionate. They know the patients are going through something not everyone goes through and they are incredibly considerate. Racquel in particular was always inquisitive of my status but also very very helpful to the doctor. She’s the best!
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Being a patient of Dr. Elassar’s was a treat. It’s rare you get so much 1on1 time with a doctor. She cares about every single one of her patients equally and is always 100% prepared for all scenarios. She was incredibly knowledgeable and versatile. Throughout the process, my body didn’t always cooperate but Dr. Elassar was always ready to adjust the treatment as needed and to respond to many of the unknowns. She was always 100% honest with me in regards to treatment and outcomes. She also always followed up, it was one of my favorite traits of hers. Also, she was shockingly available 24/7, always wanting to be available for her patients.
Ask any and all questions!
Dr. Elassar was my sole doctor contact throughout my entire treatment. She was detailed in her explanations and ALWAYS followed up when she said she would. She was available 24/7 for any questions or concerns I had. She was kind and considerate of everything we were going through but firm with her recommendations if we needed to change anything in our day to day life.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths: great doctor, attentive and strong nursing staff Honestly my only complaint with the clinic was the location because it’s not close to any subway lines except the M and E. So it was a lot of cab rides!
Manhattan

We tested both myself and my husband with the usual tests [with Dr. Alyaa Elassar]- tubal view, egg quality, count and sperm. We’re able to quickly conclude 2 male factor issues. She advised that IVF would be the quickest and most cost effective rather than going through IUI as well. We trusted her and agreed with her rationale...She got to know us before treatment, was an active listener, always asked how we were and was and kind.
No complaints [at New York City IVF], the office was quick, efficient and personal! I never felt like a number. They called and immediately knew it was me. They scheduled appointments around my schedule and were always helpful with everything (including Aetna which was a nightmare at first!!)...I loved all the nurses here!! The staff was so great, personal and communicative. From the front desk to those drawing your blood and doing your checks. You become acquainted to seeing them every week and it was sad to say goodbye. I have gratitude to each and every one of them. It takes a great team :)
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She is a very brilliant woman who knows what she is doing. From the moment I met her I knew I could trust her guidance and methodology. I never questioned her decisions and knew she was doing the best for myself and husband and our fertility journey. We had 2 frozen embryo, day 5 transfers. The first was unsuccessful, which can be common. She was compassionate when this happened and reiterated that it was bad luck and to be positive and give it another go. I am glad that we did as the 2nd transfer was successful. We are so very thankful!
Trust her, her methodology and don’t get caught up in looking at the internet and doing your own analysis paralysis.
We tested both myself and my husband with the usual tests - tubal view, egg quality, count and sperm. We’re able to quickly conclude 2 male factor issues. She advised that IVF would be the quickest and most cost effective rather than going through IUI as well. We trusted her and agreed with her rationale.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
No complaints, the office was quick, efficient and personal! I never felt like a number. They called and immediately knew it was me. They scheduled appointments around my schedule and were always helpful with everything (including Aetna which was a nightmare at first!!)
Dr. Elassar was out of network for us but still covered by Aetna. This meant slightly higher costs for us but we opted for this as choosing our Dr was important for us. Think in the end it was around $20k give or take. Well worth it.
We did single embryo due to my age. We were all comfortable with this approach.
Manhattan

She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] took special care to understand my body, how I might be feeling, and to empathize. At one point in the treatment I had a major meltdown ... she personally wiped my tears and reassured me that I am doing great. She's a great human being and exceptional doctor...did every single ultrasound. On my first visit she said she needed to 'get to know my ovaries', which no other doctor ever said .... there is so much depth to this, because IVF is all about timing ... she adjusted the timing of egg retrieval based on what she saw and she just really understood my body so well. Her protocol worked really well for me and gave us more eggs/ embryos than we ever expected. She is also very candid - she told me on the first visit that IUI would be a complete waste of time in my case, and I'm glad I listened to her. She knows her field inside/out and she earned my trust, so I followed her instructions to the T and we were able to get pregnant at the first transfer. She is truly exceptional.
Keep in mind that she [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] is the only practitioner in this clinic [New York City IVF]. So when she goes away, there is no treatment ... although she is very responsive via email even when she is away...there was a fair bit of changeover [on the nursing staff]. Some were new or interns and not as experts in their field...Egg Retrieval: $10,500 Transfer: $3,500 Meds: $3K-5K...Strength: 1) Excellent doctor 2) Excellent lab - gave us great results 3) Scheduling - front desk was great at scheduling and would go above and beyond to squeeze me in 4) Communication - very responsive doctor and nurse - they would respond to my emails within less than a day 5) Great convenient location Weaknesses: 1) There was a lot of staff attrition and constant new people coming and going.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is an exceptional doctor and I would whole-heartedly recommend her to anyone who is looking for results. She is the only practitioner who did every single ultrasound. On my first visit she said she needed to 'get to know my ovaries', which no other doctor ever said .... there is so much depth to this, because IVF is all about timing ... she adjusted the timing of egg retrieval based on what she saw and she just really understood my body so well. Her protocol worked really well for me and gave us more eggs/ embryos than we ever expected. She is also very candid - she told me on the first visit that IUI would be a complete waste of time in my case, and I'm glad I listened to her. She knows her field inside/out and she earned my trust, so I followed her instructions to the T and we were able to get pregnant at the first transfer. She is truly exceptional.
Have an open mind. Listen deeply to what Dr Elassar says and if you decide to go with her, follow her instructions to the T - she knows what she is doing and you are in great hands. Keep in mind that she is the only practitioner in this clinic. So when she goes away, there is no treatment ... although she is very responsive via email even when she is away.
Dr Elassar is an extremely humane doctor. She took special care to understand my body, how I might be feeling, and to empathize. At one point in the treatment I had a major meltdown ... she personally wiped my tears and reassured me that I am doing great. She's a great human being and exceptional doctor.
Gonal-F Menopur Ganirelex Pregnyl for trigger shot Everything was the lowest possible dose ... she would adjust the dose during the visits based on what she saw in the scan. Transfer .... Estrace, Progesterone in Oil shots for 9 weeks
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
there was a fair bit of changeover. Some were new or interns and not as experts in their field.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strength: 1) Excellent doctor 2) Excellent lab - gave us great results 3) Scheduling - front desk was great at scheduling and would go above and beyond to squeeze me in 4) Communication - very responsive doctor and nurse - they would respond to my emails within less than a day 5) Great convenient location Weaknesses: 1) There was a lot of staff attrition and constant new people coming and going. The finance person who dealt with insurance wasn't very good at what they were doing; while my insurance was great, the staff here didn't know how to deal with them - they were calling the wrong department, misspelt our names, kept complaining, etc. and there were a number of petty annoyances in this regard. Everything eventually worked out, but it was a nuisance to have to deal with the office staff's mistakes on top of IVF. And some of the staff was so new that they would charge me with no clarity on what the charge was even for. So you will need to micromanage your insurance and expenses. 2) When the doctor is away, everything shuts down as she is the only practitioner. So if you are starting treatment, make sure to check her availability for the month first.
Egg Retrieval: $10,500 Transfer: $3,500 Meds: $3K-5K
She strongly recommended single embryo transfer in our case. She was very clear about the downsides of multiple embryo transfer ... we thought about it and agreed to go with her recommendation. It worked for us.
Manhattan
Dr Elassar took a great deal of time to learn about both my husband's and my health background. She treated us both with utmost respect and dignity, addressing our concerns and needs as individuals. ... Dr Elassar is a professional, efficient physician. She has a busy and rigorous practice, yet she updates me on my lab results as soon as they are available. For one particular exam, within an hour or two of leaving the imaging facility, a remote location from her office, she notified me of the results via email.
Beautiful space, friendly and personable front desk staff. They [NYC IVF] knew my name after the first visit. Weakness - the office is in a very busy part of Manhattan, which if you are driving makes things a bit of a challenge, but there is plenty of nearby parking. ... The nursing staff was kind, gentle, and attentive. I spent more time with Dr Elassar than with her nursing staff. ... Dr Elassar's visits were between $300 - $350.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is a professional, efficient physician. She has a busy and rigorous practice, yet she updates me on my lab results as soon as they are available. For one particular exam, within an hour or two of leaving the imaging facility, a remote location from her office, she notified me of the results via email. Similarly, her office was closed during the holidays however she and her staff were still available by phone and email throughout this time, responding promptly.
If you want solutions and help to get you there, i.e. a successful pregnancy, she is a great clinician. If you want to spend hours talking to your doctor about your fears and concerns over infertility, Dr Elassar is too busy doing the hard work to help get you solutions, which is what you want from someone who is in the business of helping you achieve pregnancy.
Fortunately, Dr Elassar has to intervene very little. My husband and I both went through the standard testing in a fertility workup, and with her education and guidance about timing to optimize pregnancy, I was able to get pregnant. She did describe in detail what the next steps would be if this did not work.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Beautiful space, friendly and personable front desk staff. They knew my name after the first visit. Weakness - the office is in a very busy part of Manhattan, which if you are driving makes things a bit of a challenge, but there is plenty of nearby parking.
She was out of network, so I had to meet my deductible first. Dr Elassar's visits were between $300 - $350.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time....is the only doctor you will see...with NYCIVF. She and her staff were easy to get a hold of and always responded quickly to emails... has great bedside manner, is very knowledgable, warm and really takes the time to get to know you in order to figure out the best treatment plan for your situation. I never felt like she rushed through appointments and she always explained things in a way we could understand. She was always very positive, even during the tough times. I really can't think of anything that would be considered a weakness.
The clinic [New York Citiy IVF] was clean, office was newly renovated, location was convenient and overall a very comfortable and welcoming office which was nice since I was there so much. I can't think of any weaknesses...Dr. Elassar and her staff really took the time to get to know you and treat you like a human and not just a number. They always greeted you by name when you walked in the office. Dr. Elassar is the only doctor you will see during our time with NYCIVF. She and her staff were easy to get a hold of and always responded quickly to emails.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar has great bedside manner, is very knowledgable, warm and really takes the time to get to know you in order to figure out the best treatment plan for your situation. I never felt like she rushed through appointments and she always explained things in a way we could understand. She was always very positive, even during the tough times. I really can't think of anything that would be considered a weakness.
Ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable with the recommended treatment plan but at the same time, trust her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff was great. When I'd walk into the office they all knew who I was and where I was in my treatment plan. They were easy to reach via email when I had questions and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic was clean, office was newly renovated, location was convenient and overall a very comfortable and welcoming office which was nice since I was there so much. I can't think of any weaknesses.
Dr. Elassar was not covered under my insurance so it was an expensive treatment process. That said, totally worth it!
Dr. Elassar recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar is a magician and and is the most caring and nicest I have ever experienced. People come to see her from all over the world so I feel privileged to be her patient - she is really best in class. She got me confident and optimistic right away - she is clearly at the front edge of all newest research and technologies. There was never a question she couldn't answer or support with data. She remembered all my personal details and numbers on top off her head. She is incredibly professional but personal and approachable at the same time. I cannot recommend her enough and will come to her for another baby!
NYC IVF is a great place - doesn't have the 'hospital feel' so it is very comfortable to be there. The admin staff is very caring and attentive, knows all patients by name (this is a small clinic). Towards the end, I felt like I was coming to a friend's house rather than to a doctors office.... All of the staff was incredibly helpful and caring. The bloodwork didn't even bother me that much!
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Don't get overwhelmed at your first visit! Just trust her experience, you will learn more along the way and she will guide you carefully.
Dr Elassar was pretty much available 24/7 for any questions I had along the way and could see me on short notice even on weekends when it was needed. She is the most kind and supportive doctor I ever met. Cannot recommend her enough!
Used Gonal and Cetrotide to mature eggs for retrieval which worked great, although my hormone level was growing a bit slow so we did not do the Lupron shot. I had a very high number of eggs (22) with high success rate (ended up with 8 embryos, several very high quality). We froze the embryos to do the transfer next cycle because I wasn't feeling great (and because we did not use Lupron at the end). Transferred one embryo and it worked the first time! Have been adjusting the dose of estrogen along the way, as well as progesterone and increasing my TSH synthoid (I have a thyroid issue so Dr Elassar monitored my TSH and adjusted the dose progressively). Everything is going great!
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
I had insurance cover most of it
We decided to go with one embryo because I am still under 35 and we were ready to take our chances vs potentially getting multiple births. Dr Elassar explained all the statistics and our odds very carefully which we appreciated.
Manhattan

She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] clearly explained that we may need a few rounds to adjust the medication for better stimulation and when we got to the right meds all went as planned with good implementation...is in every detail and closely manages everything. She does all the scans herself and clearly communicates what she sees. She is also always interested in the wellbeing of the patient, follows up after every treatment. She is available 24 hours a day and always sends lab results to you the same day as they come in with clear next steps
[The nursing staff at New York City IVF is] Extremity nice and responsive. easy to communicate with for appointments, prescriptions and any requests...She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] had a preference to use 2 embryos in our case but she likely has a very personalized recommendation based on various factors...Clinic is new, clean and organized. the facility is equipped with all the surgical needs, 2 scan rooms, offices with plenty of space to sit down and review results, go through procedures, medications and also live video
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr Elassar is in every detail and closely manages everything. She does all the scans herself and clearly communicates what she sees. She is also always interested in the wellbeing of the patient, follows up after every treatment. She is available 24 hours a day and always sends lab results to you the same day as they come in with clear next steps. She clearly explained that we may need a few rounds to adjust the medication for better stimulation and when we got to the right meds all went as planned with good implementation. unfortunately the pregnancy did not last past 9 weeks but we will continue to try again with Dr Elassar We are lucky to have her and hope to get the result we want soon.
the personal care is worth the time and the perhaps additional payment
Dr Elassar has genuine compassion and is very personal and caring
First cycle - birth control pills 2 weeks then gonal-F 300 + Menopur 150 (not good stimulation, cancelled after a few days) 2nd cycle - estrogen patches, then gonal-F 300 + Menopur 150 (better stimulation, but early ovulation, cancelled cycle) 3rd cycle - birth control pills 2 weeks + testosterone gel then Lupron + gonal-F 200 + Menopur 150 (good stimulation + retrieval + pregnancy)
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
She had a preference to use 2 embryos in our case but she likely has a very personalized recommendation based on various factors
Manhattan

[NYCIVF is an] Excellent clinic. It feels like a personalized boutique experience and not a mass-production impersonal factory approach. Also, they are careful to give a lot of individual attention to each person. I have never felt rushed, and there are never more than 1-2 people in the waiting room. They go over everything in great detail and help you with whatever you need, whether it's ordering prescriptions or working with your insurance.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Not only is Dr. Alyaa Elassar amazingly competent and knowledgeable, she is very caring and puts the patient's well-being (mental, physical, financial) above everything else. She takes the time to explain things in great detail, and customizes personalized treatment to one's specific needs, rather than mass-production factory approaches. Dr. Elassar knows my file inside out, and despite my complicated medical history (thyroid disease) and age (early 40s) she did not write me off and went to great lengths customizing protocols for me. I was able to get pregnant because of the protocols she designed for me. She is very hands-on and has a no-nonsense down-to-earth approach, which is very refreshing and reassuring. You immediately get the feeling that you're in very good hands. Not to mention she responds to emails very promptly even at odd hours and nights and weekends. I recommend her wholeheartedly!
She puts the patient's well-being above everything else. She knows my file inside out. She is caring and kind.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Excellent care. Very skilled. I have very thin veins, making it generally difficult to draw blood. In fact generally each time I get blood work done I have bad bruises. Dr. Elassar's medical assistant Adilen is highly skilled and was able to draw my blood every time without a single bruise! The staff all have a pleasant and friendly demeanor, and are very helpful. They are also very prompt and efficient with respect to calling in prescriptions and scheduling appointments, etc.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
My insurance covered most of the costs, I had to pay a co-pay. Certain procedures were not covered by insurance so I paid out of pocket.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar is one of those people in the world who is living her calling. She is a natural born healer. As a result, her practice is a reflection of who she is as an individual: Brilliant, kind, dedicated, determined, and an absolute angel. ... I believe she is an empath with an Einstein-like genius and passion for her vocation. ... Put simply, Dr. Elassar is the best doctor I have ever had. ...
All staff at the clinic [New York City IVF]... are cheerful, kind, professional and very diligent. ... Everyone here is excellent. Not a bad egg among them. ... The clinic is absolutely pristine and quite fancy. Of the doctor's offices I've visited, it's certainly the nicest. ... Based on my research, the costs at this clinic are commensurate with the standard costs of the procedures involved ...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Put simply, Dr. Elassar is the best doctor I have ever had. I believe she is an empath with an Einstein-like genius and passion for her vocation. If that is not the ultimate combination for a doctor, I don't know what is. When my husband and I were looking for a doctor, we reviewed hundreds of bios all across the country, and interviewed several other doctors. My hope in writing this review is that my words will provide you the confidence to call Dr. Elassar without hesitation as once you meet her, you will be so relieved to know she exists and you will never look back.
Not to hesitate in consulting with her! This process is filled with so much sacrifice and uncertainty. The only thing you can really do for yourself is to take the journey with the right person.
Dr. Elassar is one of those people in the world who is living her calling. She is a natural born healer. As a result, her practice is a reflection of who she is as an individual: Brilliant, kind, dedicated, determined, and an absolute angel. If only Dr. Elassar could be cloned and trained in every medical speciality I would ever need, I would never have another doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF.
All staff at the clinic, like Dr. Elassar, are cheerful, kind, professional and very diligent. How could it be possible to enjoy going to a fertility clinic? Well, I did. Everyone here is excellent. Not a bad egg among them.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is absolutely pristine and quite fancy. Of the doctor's offices I've visited, it's certainly the nicest. However, if Dr. Elassar was treating clients out of a studio apartment on a 7th floor walk-up, I would hire her there as well. This woman is an angel. The fact that her clinic also looks like the waiting room of heaven is simply a bonus.
Based on my research, the costs at this clinic are commensurate with the standard costs of the procedures involved, though I have no doubt that Dr. Elassar could command much higher rates if she chose too.
Manhattan

She [Dr. Elassar] performs every scan and every procedure, follows up immediately with results/next steps, and is available over email constantly. She knew my file by heart within the first few visits, and at every appointment, she was interested not only in discussing treatment steps but also how I was doing and how my husband was doing. She is very matter-of-fact in her approach, but she also makes us laugh every visit, and continually makes us feel like we are her only patients.
The office [New York City IVF] is small, so the whole staff knows you by name—there is never any trouble getting appointments or prescriptions, and they are very responsive to emails/calls as well. The atmosphere is relaxed (as much as it can be), and you never feel as if you are being rushed out the door.... They are all extraordinarily caring, from the receptionist to the nurses, and make the whole process so much easier.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
My husband and I decided to see a fertility specialist just for peace of mind after we had been trying for six months with no success. We picked Dr. Elassar based on her reviews and how close her office was to my work, and I am so grateful every day that we did. From the first appointment/scans through our most recent egg retrieval, she has been nothing short of wonderful through every stage—walking us through each step of the process, answering emails at all times (nights, weekends; it makes no difference), and providing endless support. Her warmth and compassion over the past ten months we have been undergoing treatment have made the entire process so much more bearable—at every visit (and there have been many), she greets me with a smile, and appointments have become a welcome break in the work day rather than something to dread. She is incredibly kind and brilliant and we are so thankful for her.
Do not hesitate, it would be impossible to find a better doctor.
Dr. Elassar is the only fertility specialist we’ve ever seen, so I don’t have experience with the larger clinics/how they’re run, but I cannot imagine going through this with any other doctor. She performs every scan and every procedure, follows up immediately with results/next steps, and is available over email constantly. She knew my file by heart within the first few visits, and at every appointment, she was interested not only in discussing treatment steps but also how I was doing and how my husband was doing. She is very matter-of-fact in her approach, but she also makes us laugh every visit, and continually makes us feel like we are her only patients.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
As wonderful as the doctor. They are all extraordinarily caring, from the receptionist to the nurses, and make the whole process so much easier.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is small, so the whole staff knows you by name—there is never any trouble getting appointments or prescriptions, and they are very responsive to emails/calls as well. The atmosphere is relaxed (as much as it can be), and you never feel as if you are being rushed out the door.

2018, Consult
We had a good first consultation with Dr Alassar. She seemed very thorough going over my history. My partner and I were wanting to move into IVF but we didn't get too much info about this on the first consult....After leaving we emailed some additional questions that we felt would help us in making a decision whether to proceed with the clinic for the 20k IVF cycle. Some of these were answered over email... On the next visit we were taken by a nurse at the front desk and put in an ultrasound room without any information about what we were doing.
The front desk woman was very helpful over email and very nice to deal with in person. The clinic itself [New York City IVF] is very nice and comfortable. We didn't pursue treatment here because of our negative interaction with Dr Elassar so I can't speak too much to the facilities but the monitoring room where I had an ultrasound was fine....They left us in the room waiting for the doctor for 40 mins while the lights kept turning out. No one told us anything and we began to feel quite frustrated and not know what was going on
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
This was our second clinic and we were looking for somewhere with better communication and with a doctor we felt trustworthy. We had a good first consultation with Dr Alassar. She seemed very thorough going over my history. My partner and I were wanting to move into IVF but we didn't get too much info about this on the first consult. None the less we felt pretty good about the doctor and the clinic. After leaving we emailed some additional questions that we felt would help us in making a decision whether to proceed with the clinic for the 20k IVF cycle. Some of these were answered over email but we were told we could go over everything with the doctor on our next visit. On the next visit we were taken by a nurse at the front desk and put in an ultrasound room without any information about what we were doing. They said "take your pants off and watch this video" and put on a 5 min video about IVF medication without explaining anything to us. They left us in the room waiting for the doctor for 40 mins while the lights kept turning out. No one told us anything and we began to feel quite frustrated and not know what was going on. Finally when Dr Alassar came to the room to see us it was her that seemed annoyed at us. I don't know if she was just very busy that day but she was very rude and not apologetic in the slightest. When we tried to ask certain questions about what to expect moving forward with an ivf cycle she was very dismissive, patronizing and rushed in her responses. We were completely shocked and never returned to the clinic.
Be firm in asking for the information you need. You are entitled to this and any good doctor should answer the questions and concerns you put forward.
We were rushed through and felt like we had no time for questions
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
On the one visit they put us in a room without communicating anything and left us there for 40 mins
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The front desk woman was very helpful over email and very nice to deal with in person. The clinic itself is very nice and comfortable. We didn't pursue treatment here because of our negative interaction with Dr Elassar so I can't speak too much to the facilities but the monitoring room where I had an ultrasound was fine.
Had we proceeded with IVF, costs were roughly 20k for a cycle +5k for meds
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was the one who saw me each time for monitoring which is somewhat unusual...The doctor seemed very nice the first consult and then when it came to the other appointments it was more like we were a nuisance to her, and her recommendation I later found out was not a best practice (to ignore investigating a fibroid - which I later had to have removed before any treatment - she wanted me to just move straight into treatment...I felt that she not only lacked compassion but worst of all, didn’t answer questions and made us feel like we were a nuisance by asking them. She was cold hearted and her recommendations were contradicting.
the office [New York City IVF] was very good at sending all medical records and Dr Elassar was the one who saw me each time for monitoring which is somewhat unusual. Very disappointing and hope other women don’t have to go through the same... The doctor seemed very nice the first consult and then when it came to the other appointments it was more like we were a nuisance to her, and her recommendation I later found out was not a best practice (to ignore investigating a fibroid - which I later had to have removed before any treatment - she wanted me to just move straight into treatment (more money for her)).
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I felt that she not only lacked compassion but worst of all, didn’t answer questions and made us feel like we were a nuisance by asking them. She was cold hearted and her recommendations were contradicting. She charges a fortune and I would expect her level of customer service especially with sensitive issues to be at the same level. Extremely disappointed and would hope that people don’t have to go through the same expensive mistake as we did. Find a doctor who believes in you and makes you feel like they are thinking about everything deeply and in a holistic manner. I don’t need things sugar coated but I want a doctor who is happy to answer my questions.
Don’t be fooled by the 5th ave stylish offices (remember, this is part of what your money is funding); find a clinic and doctor where you feel treated like a human and are comfortable asking your questions. On the plus side, the office was very good at sending all medical records and Dr Elassar was the one who saw me each time for monitoring which is somewhat unusual. Very disappointing and hope other women don’t have to go through the same.
Dr. Elassar came highly recommended but was truly so inhumane as she spoke to us. She seemed annoyed when we asked questions, she delivered information without any heart and in a condescending manner.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Sharing of your records without charging you is helpful, but more helpful would be a patient portal. I think I’ve answered this in other places. The office is central. If being in a fancy swanky stylish office in a ‘cool’ location is important to you and you don’t mind knowing it’s part of what you’re paying for, this is your place. If you do go here, don’t be afraid to ask your questions. The doctor seemed very nice the first consult and then when it came to the other appointments it was more like we were a nuisance to her, and her recommendation I later found out was not a best practice (to ignore investigating a fibroid - which I later had to have removed before any treatment - she wanted me to just move straight into treatment (more money for her)).
I don’t remember exact costs but I believe the first consult was $400.
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Manhattan
During my visit with Dr. Elassar, I was treated with utmost care. She was very prompt in responding to emails and I was able to resolve any of my questions for the doctor on the same day... She is a very knowledgable, kind-hearted and caring doctor. She has a customized approach for each couple. She also laid the potential options for us, clearly communicated the details when we had to take a big decision for embryo transfer. She is prompt in responding to emails any time of the day and that helped me to clarify any doubts I had while undergoing this process. She made it so easier and better despite the stress you undergo with this whole process. It was really sad on the day when I graduated from her facility. She also showed her concern and asked me to give updates on how our pregnancy has been progressing.
It [New York City IVF] was a nice and clean facility. All blood tests, regular monitoring, egg retrieval and embryo transfer was at the same location. Great doctor and staffs. All are friendly and caring as well. This facility made me feel comfortable and important throughout the whole process...The nursing staff was kind, accommodating for medical appointments, supportive throughout the process and prompt in taking care of medications, refills, blood tests.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I was fortunate enough to meet with this doctor and the best decision we took after failed IUIs/IVF at another facility. On our first visit, she took the time to understand my previous medical history and gave us the confidence to start the second round of IVF. Her words gave us so much trust right from the beginning we met her and we always thought that this second attempt would work. She is a very knowledgable, kind-hearted and caring doctor. She has a customized approach for each couple. She also laid the potential options for us, clearly communicated the details when we had to take a big decision for embryo transfer. She is prompt in responding to emails any time of the day and that helped me to clarify any doubts I had while undergoing this process. She made it so easier and better despite the stress you undergo with this whole process. It was really sad on the day when I graduated from her facility. She also showed her concern and asked me to give updates on how our pregnancy has been progressing.
Be prepared with the list of questions that you would want to ask the doctor and be informed. Have trust in this doctor !! My husband and I were extremely happy with the whole process.
I was given Lupron, Menopur and Gonal-f and did a fresh embryo transfer. After the transfer, I continued with the progesterone in oil injection until 8 weeks before moving to ob/gyn.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It was a nice and clean facility. All blood tests, regular monitoring, egg retrieval and embryo transfer was at the same location. Great doctor and staffs. All are friendly and caring as well. This facility made me feel comfortable and important throughout the whole process.
Be prepared for the costs to be higher considering the standards and also compared to other facilities, the entire process is slightly higher priced. But you get more than what you pay for.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar has multiple experience in the field, and she can understand patient's anxiety and worries very well. She works very hard to take care of each patient, even at night or on the weekend she wrote back to my inquiry mail in time...has been following up each step of the IVF cycle...I really appreciated her help during this tough journey... I finally get pregnant after 3 times IUI failure and twice embryos transfer failure in other clinic. So Dr. Alyaa Elassar is highly recommended.
The whole group [nurses at New York City IVF] showed a lot of support. They tried hard to communicate with the insurance company and the pharmacy. They will reply to your mails prompt. I love this group...Without PGS, almost 20,000 dollars per cycle...The clinic just moved to a new office and is very comfortable. Its location is very convenient to reach. The most outstanding strengths of this clinic is Dr. Elassar's expertise and her team.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar solved my inquires with her expertise, which helped me to know my body better and also saved a lot of unnecessary spending, like Hysteroscope. What is the most important is that I finally get pregnant after 3 times IUI failure and twice embryos transfer failure in other clinic. So Dr. Alyaa Elassar is highly recommended.
nil
Dr.Alyaa Elassar, MD has been following up each step of the IVF cycle. She was ready to answer your inquiry anytime, even during the weekend. I really appreciated her help during this tough journey.
nil
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Adilen Hindi)
The whole group showed a lot of support. They tried hard to communicate with the insurance company and the pharmacy. They will reply to your mails prompt. I love this group.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic just moved to a new office and is very comfortable. Its location is very convenient to reach. The most outstanding strengths of this clinic is Dr. Elassar's expertise and her team. Dr. Elassar has multiple experience in the field, and she can understand patient's anxiety and worries very well. She works very hard to take care of each patient, even at night or on the weekend she wrote back to my inquiry mail in time.
Without PGS, almost 20,000 dollars per cycle.
Since my husband and I would like to have two babies, we asked our doctor to transferred two embryos.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She explained the process with patience. She was compassionate but also matter of fact. Her staff were helpful and the facility was very nice. I would recommend her to others seeking treatment.... Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She was compassionate yet no nonsense.
The clinic [NYC IVF] is run in an organized manner and the facility is really clean, modern and beautiful. I enjoyed visiting the space which is important since you are there a lot. The staff were very helpful.... Dr Elassar was open and honest all the way. She explained the process with patience. She was compassionate but also matter of fact. Her staff were helpful and the facility was very nice. I would recommend her to others seeking treatment.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Ask many questions, and you will receive the guidance you need.
IVF cycle
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is run in an organized manner and the facility is really clean, modern and beautiful. I enjoyed visiting the space which is important since you are there a lot. The staff were very helpful.
Out of pocket for IVF cycle and medicines. Insurance covered some medical costs associated with bloodwork, etc.
Manhattan

Dr Elassar was a dream to work with. At my initial consultation she explained more to me about my PCOS and what it meant, than any other doc has in 4 years. She took the time to get to know me and my goals. She worked one on one with us and was always available via email. She treated us with kindness and compassion and we always felt seen and heard in her care. ... Dr Elassar was kind and compassionate and very reassuring throughout our whole journey.
The staff [New York City IVF] are so caring and compassionate, we really felt so well looked after and comfortable in their practice ... In terms of location, the clinic is so Conveniently located close to public transport. The clinic itself is a beautiful, warm and welcoming space. ... Our nurse Rachael was very kind and compassionate and she was very good at her job. She was gentle taking bloods and she was comforting when I was anxious about treatment.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We are so beyond grateful for Dr Elassar and her amazing staff at NYCIVF. They have been an absolute dream to work with and so helpful in every aspect of our treatment. I went to Dr Elassar very confused and anxious about my PCOS and our chances to conceive. She explained more to me in my initial consultation than numerous doctors have in the 4 years since my diagnosis. She was very clear in her plan of action for us which was hugely comforting and I can honestly say I felt so well cared for and safe in her hands. Dr Elassar never made us feel anything other than hopeful and she was always available to us on email if and when we needed which is an amazing comfort during an extremely stressful time. Dr Elassar was kind and compassionate and very reassuring throughout our whole journey. We are so so happy we found her and so grateful for the little life she has helped us create...there really are not enough ways to say thank you for what she has done for us. Our experience with Dr Elassar has been amazing and we will always be thankful for the help and guidance she provided us.
Run to her...now!
Our first cycle started with 50mg of clomid taken for 5 days and then TI. I have problems ovulating and clomid was very successful in that it stimulated 3/4 eggs that first cycle and I did in fact ovulate. It didn’t however result in pregnancy, most likely due to timing. Our second cycle was also 50mg of clomid however I did not seem to respond as quickly this cycle. After a consultation with the Dr, we decided to do a second round of clomid within the same cycle and sure enough I responded. We then followed with a trigger shot and IUI insemmination. After a week I returned for a progesterone test and after another week a pregnancy test. I am so thankful to say that this cycle worked and I am currently pregnant with our first baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Rachael and Leidy)
Our nurse Rachael was very kind and compassionate and she was very good at her job. She was gentle taking bloods and she was comforting when I was anxious about treatment. Leidy was a dream to deal with..she answered all my questions and was so helpful and accommodating with my work. The staff are so caring and compassionate, we really felt so well looked after and comfortable in their practice
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
In terms of location, the clinic is so Conveniently located close to public transport. The clinic itself is a beautiful, warm and welcoming space. The strengths of this clinic are without a Doubt Dr Elassar and her staff. They are the dream team. There are no weakness in my opinion!
The costs associated with our treatment where standard for NYC. We had no issues with any treatment costs. We paid for every treatment ourselves without insurance and they were very upfront about the costs and we spoke in depth with the financial coordinator of the practice after the initial consultation. Everything was outline clearly for us and there were no additional costs.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar has a lot of heart when it comes to her practice. She works so hard to provide each of her patients with attention, care and thoughtfulness, while aiming to get them the results they are after... was always happy to spend time answering questions in a detailed, straightforward manner. She made herself available via phone or email 24 hours a day and we appreciated her caring bedside manner...Be ready to commit to a plan of action and to follow through!
Leidy at reception [at New York City IVF] is always a pleasure to speak with, very organized and responsive. She was very flexible with scheduling which was very helpful when scheduling my appointments in a discreet way during the work day! Raquel [nurse] was always a pleasure to see at the office! It was great to have her by our side during retrievals/transfers during my frozen transfer cycle for our 2nd baby because she was both attentive and compassionate. Carlos, the embryologist is wonderful to work with, both warm and approachable and imparts the utmost confidence in his work and expertise! It was clear that Dr. Elassar and her team work very closely together and have a great report that translates into the care of their patients.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Be ready to commit to a plan of action and to follow through!
Dr. Elassar was always happy to spend time answering questions in a detailed, straightforward manner. She made herself available via phone or email 24 hours a day and we appreciated her caring bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Leidy, Raquel)
Leidy at reception is always a pleasure to speak with, very organized and responsive. She was very flexible with scheduling which was very helpful when scheduling my appointments in a discreet way during the work day! Raquel was always a pleasure to see at the office! It was great to have her by our side during retrievals/transfers during my frozen transfer cycle for our 2nd baby because she was both attentive and compassionate. Carlos, the embryologist is wonderful to work with, both warm and approachable and imparts the utmost confidence in his work and expertise! It was clear that Dr. Elassar and her team work very closely together and have a great report that translates into the care of their patients.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths: patient is well cared for, intimate relationship formed, scheduling is easy, responsive and communicative. They also very clean and new facilities on premise for retrieval/transfers which is very helpful. Beautiful office. Weaknesses: slight delays in waiting room from time to time when Dr is in a procedure.
Manhattan
Dr. Elassar was very patient with all my questions in person and answered all my questions in timely manner by email...Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility...I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer
Costs [at New York City IVF] were direct and upfront, on par with other clinics in NYC...Small clinic which offers more personalized treatment but sometimes less seamless (re: set morning monitoring hours, emails after each visit with blood results) than a bigger clinic. I preferred the smaller and less crowded feel of this clinic and had no issues getting the information that I wanted or needed...Dr. Elassar personalized my treatment and modified the protocol to my specific needs (i.e. low responder with potential egg quality issues). The results (# of eggs retrieved and fertilized and transferred) were more successful than previous attempts with another facility.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Cycle 1 w. Dr. Elassar: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, before retrieval, progesterone before transfer Cycle 2 w. Dr. Elassar: Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, testosterone before retrieval, progesterone / endometrin before transfer Had retrieval and transfer cycles previously with another facility.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Costs were direct and upfront, on par with other clinics in NYC.
Yes, I was aware of the trade-offs of a single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer