Good

U of Connecticut

Alyaa Elassar works at

693 Fifth Avenue

2021 - 2022, Successful
Since day one she [Dr. Elassar] has been honest, caring, taking the time to know me, my situation, my past experiences and my fears. She made me feel like I’m her only patience. I’m working full time and she accomodate to my crazy schedule as well....Dr Elassar decided to do two cycles of egg stimulations (and retrieval), fertilize the eggs retrieved in the first cycle them with my husband’ sperm and push to day 3, the second time fertilize them, and at day 3 defreeze the ones in the first set and then let them all survive to day 5. At day 5 the genetic test was performed and the good one was transferred one month later
Clinic [New York City IVF] is in midtown, private, clean, accessible. A pleasant environment (especially if you arrive as distressed and hopeless as I was). They made me visti the entire premises at the first visit explaining me which part was for which treatment...The cost were explained to me at the first appointment, which I like, because it gave clarity and expectations were set....
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Honest, professional, caring, empathic. She took the time to explain each step of the treatment and what to expect. I knew I could call her anytime for questions. I never doubter her professionalism as I was aware of the details of the procedure from my previous experiences.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She is an honest and caring doctor. You will be in good hands with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Since day one she has been honest, caring, taking the time to know me, my situation, my past experiences and my fears. She made me feel like I’m her only patience. I’m working full time and she accomodate to my crazy schedule as well!
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
Due to my age and 2 failing cycles of IVF made in another country, Dr Elassar decided to do two cycles of egg stimulations (and retrieval), fertilize the eggs retrieved in the first cycle them with my husband’ sperm and push to day 3, the second time fertilize them, and at day 3 defreeze the ones in the first set and then let them all survive to day 5. At day 5 the genetic test was performed and the good one was transferred one month later, after making sure my other problems were solved.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Tamar Badridze and the nurses taking the blood were absolutely adorable and professional.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Clinic is in midtown, private, clean, accessible. A pleasant environment (especially if you arrive as distressed and hopeless as I was). They made me visti the entire premises at the first visit explaining me which part was for which treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
Describe Alyaa Elassar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York City IVF.
No comment. I only had one good embryo, so this discussion never took place.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Elassar was always attentive and adjusted our treatment based on our medical history and my body's response. My body was not always cooperating but we had trust and we were listening to each other, the knowledge and experience she has is obvious...you get to see [her] at most if not all of your appointments...be open about your concerns and medical history. Be prepared with any questions you may have.
Our [NYC IVF] nurse was very knowledgeable and caring she helped us through the process and trained on how to do all the shots...13K for IVF cycle ~3k for genetic testing of embryos Plus medications And visits ~$350. My insurance only payed for blood tests...[the] staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in. Wait times are short. They work with you through anything..
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar was always attentive and adjusted our treatment based on our medical history and my body's response. My body was not always cooperating but we had trust and we were listening to each other, the knowledge and experience she has is obvious. She clearly cares about her work and did what she could to get us the results we were looking for for so long. I found Dr. Elassar through this website and hope I could help here with my review. My advice, be open about your concerns and medical history. Be prepared with any questions you may have.
Dr. Elassar has a small clinic. This means that staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in. Wait times are short and you get to see Dr. Elassar at most if not all of your appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Badridze , RN )
Our nurse Tamar was very knowledgeable and caring she helped us through the process and trained on how to do all the shots. Dr. Elassar has a small clinic. This means that staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Dr. Elassar has a small clinic. This means that staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in. Wait times are short. They work with you through anything. She is very straight forward. We got pregnant from our first try with Dr. Elassar. Highly recommend. Best! Also, you will not be treated like a number which tends to happen in IVF clinics. She does all ultrasounds herself. You will always see her.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Elassar] is very professional and knew all the answers to our questions, she is truly knowledgeable. Unlike other doctors we saw, she brought warmth and a sense of ease to us. She outlined a plan for us and was very straightforward and very kind...Trust Dr. Elassar, you're in good hands...Thanks to Dr. Elassar and the entire team we are now expecting a baby girl
The entire NYC IVF team was very helpful through the process, all email and phone calls were answered in a prompt manner...The clinic feels like a family doctor, they are very caring and warm. The waiting periods are very short and it makes it easy to go there. You feel at ease when you get to the clinic, the staff makes sure you are welcomed...They also helped us with some insurance questions we had which made our journey a bit easier.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar and the NYC IVF team are amazing!. From the moment we first spoke with Dr. Elassar we knew we were in good hands. She is very professional and knew all the answers to our questions, she is truly knowledgeable. Unlike other doctors we saw, she brought warmth and a sense of ease to us. She outlined a plan for us and was very straightforward and very kind. The entire NYC IVF team was very helpful through the process, all email and phone calls were answered in a prompt manner. All the team deserves 5 stars from reception to the nurses which helped us through the medication process and explained in detail all questions we had. They also helped us with some insurance questions we had which made our journey a bit easier. During the visits, the staff was welcoming and we did not have to wait long periods which helped manage our rest of the day schedule. Thanks to Dr. Elassar and the entire team we are now expecting a baby girl and can’t thank the team enough, they are true professionals and would recommend to anyone that is going through the process of picking a doctor on the IVF journey. This team felt like a personalized, caring, and family team of professionals. They are the best at what they do!.
Trust Dr. Elassar, you're in good hands
Very caring of each individuals needs
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Nursing Staff were great, they always very attentive and knew what they were doing. They explained all questions we had in detail
2016 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Alyaa Elassar is] so compassionate...always pays attention to details. I always feel like there can be 4 other patients with the same issue in that waiting room, but she treats each one different because she knows every person is built different...makes me feel like she is going to search from all angles to help me achieve my dream, while making sure I’m safe...It’s been a long journey from removing my tubes to egg retrieval. But that is what as been so comforting. I have never felt rushed.
[New York City IVF is] clean and organized. For something so stressful and sensitive that your going in for…they make you feel relaxed and cheerful when you walk in. I love how I can get everything done there in house...[nurse is] Always available. Responsive, even on days I didn’t expect her to respond...Dr. Elassar makes me feel like she is going to search from all angles to help me achieve my dream, while making sure I’m safe.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
No one is perfect, but for me…this is as close to a super hero Dr. They come. Being and endocrinologist is hard. So many variables, but I have to say I cant imagine my journey of motherhood possible with anyone else. I have felt like she is always looking out for my health and safety first, while trying to give me what we so badly want. It’s been a long journey from removing my tubes to egg retrieval. But that is what as been so comforting. I have never felt rushed. She try’s to make things happen in the least invasive way before taking drastic steps like other Drs. Suggested. We still have ways to go, but this Dr. gives me hope. She works around my needs, she understands my life style and is so patient, which is key in something so time sensitive like these cycles. I trust her. And even if sometimes there are bumps on the road, I continue to trust and agree with the plan. She has in place for me.
Whatever ideas you created in your mind that a Endocrinologist is suppose to be…take that out of your mind. Dr. Elassar is a Dr., but she is also a Scientist. Sometimes non-cookie cutter Drs can intimidate us or make us quick to use the word weird, but if you genuinely walk in there with an open heart and open mind…I promise you’re gonna see this very gifted human.
She’s so compassionate. She always pays attention to details. I always feel like there can be 4 other patients with the same issue in that waiting room, but she treats each one different because she knows every person is built different. Unlike other offices where I felt like a dime a dozen, Dr. Elassar makes me feel like she is going to search from all angles to help me achieve my dream, while making sure I’m safe.
I’ve had several journeys with Dr. Elassar. From removing my tubes, which where clogged and probably going to cause more damage down the road, to egg retrieval and transfer, to flash forward now. Trying to conceived, but my uterus is just not responding to the medicine. I love that everything is always done strategically in a way that will give me a higher risk of success, but to persevere my health so she doesn’t have to put me through so much. My my IVF cycle went well. We were able to freeze 7 embryos which fast forward, are hoping to transfer one soon. The issue we are having is my lining is just not getting thick, but thanks to her monitor it so closely with blood work and ultrasounds…I know we are gonna find a way to make this happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar )
Always available. Responsive, even on days I didn’t expect her to respond.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It’s clean and organized. For something so stressful and sensitive that your going in for…they make you feel relaxed and cheerful when you walk in. I love how I can get everything done there in house.
I do love that she explains all your options, while looking at the details of your health and age in wether a single or multiple is best for you.

2021 - 2022, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Elassar taught me so much about my own body and the whole egg-retrieval process...Dr. Elassar has an excellent "bedside manner" and ensured that I understood everything and felt well-informed and realistic about my treatment...She saw me every visit and took the time to explain everything to me in detail and answer any questions...She was extremely non-judgmental and comes across as highly intelligent, professional, and extremely capable...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar treated me with respect, compassion, and professionalism. She saw me every visit and took the time to explain everything to me in detail and answer any questions. Throughout the whole process, Dr. Elassar was very caring and made me feel very confident and optimistic about trusting my treatment with her and her team. She clearly cared about me having a good outcome and equipped me with the knowledge to get the best results. She was extremely non-judgmental and comes across as highly intelligent, professional, and extremely capable in her field. Dr. Elassar made me feel great about the whole process with kindness and transparency and I could not recommend her more!
Bring a notebook and pen to every visit to take notes. Dr. Elassar taught me so much about my own body and the whole egg-retrieval process that it's easy to feel a little overwhelmed or like you missed something. She and her team readily answered any questions and responded promptly over email but I wish I brought a notebook and pen to each visit to reference later.
Dr. Elassar and her entire team made me feel very comfortable and made my care feel very personalized. I saw them frequently throughout the process and they all remembered info about me and my treatment between appointments. Everyone was very caring and able to answer any questions I had about the process. Dr. Elassar has an excellent "bedside manner" and ensured that I understood everything and felt well-informed and realistic about my treatment.
For the egg-retrieval process, Dr. Elassar put me on a 10-day cycle of injections with the expectation to take a "trigger shot" on the tenth day and retrieve the eggs on the 12th day (I think exactly 36 hours later). The primary medication was Gonal f and Follistim (my insurance did not cover the Gonal f but she gave me some that had been donated free of charge). I also started using Ganirelex on Day 5 to prevent ovulation. Everything went according to Dr. Elassar's plan, the only thing in question was whether I would start Ganirelex on day 5 or 6 but based on my Estrogen levels she decided I should take it on the 5th day. The procedure went as well as I could have hoped and we successfully froze 17 eggs which is close to what Dr. Elassar predicted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff at NYC IVF was outstanding. Every visit the nurses were very kind, compassionate, and knowledgable about where I was in the process. They answered all my questions in detail and provided demonstrations for the injections, as well as a thorough explanation of the medications and process my body was going through. The nurses were also extremely attentive via email whenever I had a question they responded almost immediately. I felt very well cared for throughout the whole process!
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
This clinic felt warm, inviting, clean, orderly, and professional. The interior of the office and all the exam rooms gave the clinic a "luxury" feel as opposed to a classic "Doctor's office" feel. There was privacy from other patients and a conference room for in-depth discussions outside of the exam room for comfort. I can't think of any weaknesses of the clinic itself.
To the best of my memory, the breakdown of the cost was as follows: $350 per doctor visit (approximately $2100), $8000 for the process including retrieval, and roughly $3800 for medications (including necessary refills), so altogether I believe I paid around $13900.
I did not ask about embryo transfer and that was not related to my procedure.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Elassar describes in detail what is necessary for your treatment. She is very direct, confident, and thorough. She will only proceed if she feels 100% and it allowed me to feel confident as well, even though I was disappointed to have to cancel cycles. Delaying was for the best, and she knew what was best...he isn't warm and cuddly, but is assertive, direct, and will get it done!
The nursing staff [at NYC IVF] is exquisite! They were prompt, all blood draws were easy, they are personable, engaged in your treatment, and kind and lovely...They are prompt, good communicators, and kind. The clinic is spotless and feels fresh and modern. They always accommodated my work schedule and emailed instructions daily....
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar describes in detail what is necessary for your treatment. She is very direct, confident, and thorough. She will only proceed if she feels 100% and it allowed me to feel confident as well, even though I was disappointed to have to cancel cycles. Delaying was for the best, and she knew what was best. I trusted her completely.
Trust that she is the doctor and knows what is best for your case. She will look out for you and your needs fully. She isn't warm and cuddly, but is assertive, direct, and will get it done!
This office is so personalized and you get such undivided attention to your specific needs/case.
We changed from Lupron to birth control because I continued to ovulate through cycles. It was the right course of action and worked perfectly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar, Victoria)
The nursing staff is exquisite! They were prompt, all blood draws were easy, they are personable, engaged in your treatment, and kind and lovely.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths: It is such a small clinic that you feel well cared for. I rarely, if ever, had to wait. They are prompt, good communicators, and kind. The clinic is spotless and feels fresh and modern. They always accommodated my work schedule and emailed instructions daily. Weaknesses: the one tiny thing I would have preferred would be to have access to my bloodwork numbers once drawn. At prior clinics I would get readings in a portal and it allowed me to communicate with my PCP and acupuncturist to help guide treatment.
For me, very few of the costs were covered by insurance. They were always direct and upfront about any costs and it felt worth it to pay out of pocket in the end.
She advised transferring only one, and that is what we wanted to do as well.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Elassar is excellent. She explained the IVF process to me in a way that a layman would understand it. Even when I didn’t understand certain concepts right away, she was very patient and explained things in more detail. She was blunt but not uncaring. She told me facts in a straight-forward manner but always showed great compassion towards me and understood that I was going through something that was very difficult...
Every staff member in the clinic [New York City IVF] knew me by name and they know my medical history and personal story so well that I never had to repeat myself in any of my visits. It was very comforting...The best part about it is everything is done there and the staff is the same every time. You do not need to go to different hospitals for different visits and speak to someone new and explain your medical history every single time or go to a different lab for testing and another one for ultrasounds and other one to be operated on. Everything can be done in the comfort of one beautiful clinic with the same staff that you will grow comfortable with as well...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Just go see her. She will run a thorough diagnostic exam and tell you what may be the problem. Then she will give you options as to how to move forward, including an assessment of all the risks it may involve. It is up to you to choose which option to take or none at all.
Every staff member in the clinic knew me by name and they know my medical history and personal story so well that I never had to repeat myself in any of my visits. It was very comforting.
I had two previous miscarriages. My first was spontaneous so they weren’t able to determine the cause. For my second, the baby had stopped growing so I had to go through and D&C procedure. After testing, they found that my baby had trisomy 16. I went to see Dr. Elassar after that and she diagnosed me with recurrent pregnancy loss. She suspected that I may conceive babies with monosomy or trisomy or mosaicism. Moreover, she found that my husband and I are carriers of the same genetic defect (hearing loss) and explained that there is a 25% chance that our babies will be affected with it. So she suggested that I undergo IVF (with PGT-A and PGT-M) to be able to determine which embryos are good or not. Unfortunately, my results were not very good as only one out of my eleven embryos turned out to be a good candidate for transfer. Three have arrested, and the rest were aneuploids or high-level mosaics or affected with hearing loss. Of course, it was not within Dr. Elassar’s control. It is just really unfortunate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Badridze)
Tamar was very knowledgeable and competent. She always entertained and answered all of my questions, no matter how ridiculous some of them may have been. She was also very patient and understood that I had a lot of anxiety because of my previous miscarriages. The rest of the nursing staff was also very warm and friendly and I always felt at ease with them in all of my visits.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming. It is well-lit, has lots of space, and has excellent views. It is not cramped or dingy unlike the other IVF clinic I visited. The best part about it is everything is done there and the staff is the same every time. You do not need to go to different hospitals for different visits and speak to someone new and explain your medical history every single time or go to a different lab for testing and another one for ultrasounds and other one to be operated on. Everything can be done in the comfort of one beautiful clinic with the same staff that you will grow comfortable with as well.
My insurance only had a maximum lifetime benefit of $5,000 including medications so the clinic gave me a discounted patient responsibility. For the IVF treatments (oocyte retrieval, identification, ultrasound guidance, sperm isolation and preparation, oocyte insemination, assisted fertilization, culture, extended culture, and assisted embryo hatching, they only charged me $5,000 on the condition that my insurance pays them the maximum $5,000 coverage. The cryopreservation of embryos is $1,500, thawing is $500, re-freezing is $1,500, FET is $1,500, additional FETs is $3,500, PGT is $3,000 for 5 embryos and $225 for every additional embryo, and storage is $100 per month. Of course, I had to pay for all of my medications out-of-pocket since my insurance didn’t cover them.
Before we even started the IVF treatment, my doctor told me that it was best to only do a single embryo transfer rather than a multiple one. She said that while the idea of having twins or multiples seems alluring, it is actually more taxing on both the mom’s body and the babies. Also, it can lead to other complications that may not arise if there was only a single embryo. And should such complications arise during pregnancy, it would be harder to treat it if there were more babies to take into consideration.
2021, Successful
The nursing staff [at NYC IVF] is smart and efficient. They want to make you feel comfortable during your appointments and will take the time to answer any questions. They are also extremely responsive to phone calls and emails. We would get email responses within 30 mins from the office...NYCIVF is a well-organized, well-run office. There is constant communication amongst the staff and the office is extremely efficient.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar really takes the time to get to know her patients. From the first appointment, she wanted to know the details and history of our story and background in depth. She listened to us and to our needs and helped to us to achieve our ultimate goal of getting pregnant. She has a great bedside manner, is responsive to emails and phone calls and wants to work with her patients to keep them informed and comfortable throughout the process. I can’t recommend her enough.
Dr. Elassar and the entire staff always made us feel like humans. They got to know us on a very personal level and took the time to understand our story and our needs.
We did an egg retrieval, created embryos and transferred one embryo to my wife so that she could carry. This was successful on our first try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff is smart and efficient. They want to make you feel comfortable during your appointments and will take the time to answer any questions. They are also extremely responsive to phone calls and emails. We would get email responses within 30 mins from the office.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
NYCIVF is a well-organized, well-run office. There is constant communication amongst the staff and the office is extremely efficient. The staff is warm and makes you feel comfortable during appointments and the Doctor is so experienced and has a wealth of knowledge. She is good at what she does and will help you achieve your pregnancy goals.

2021, Successful
Dr. Elassar provides the highest level of care, personally "monitoring" you daily during your cycle, answering any emails 24/7...She is also realistic but optimistic...even after negative results, I always felt confident that we would figure it out together...extremely knowledgeable and optimistic - presenting options for consideration. She will ultimately present the options and talk you through the pros/cons but she will leave the final decision to you and support you either way...
the entire team and office [at NYC IVF] runs so smoothly, they are all at the top of their game. Once you hit reception, they will already know exactly when the Doctor wants to see you again/referrals needed etc. What was also really helpful was the access to the billing department - having someone that I could speak to and would help me understand the insurance lingo was extremely helpful...The team is copied on all communication so they are aware of your treatment and medication needs...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
When I met Dr. Elassar I had no idea about any fertility treatment - I just found her on this website (Fertility HQ) based on the positive reviews. It was extremely fortunate for me. From the moment I met her, I felt completely at ease. She took alot of time to meet with me and explain all the details and information around fertility. Through the entire IVF process I felt 100% supported, and cared for. Dr. Elassar and the team were ready 24/7 to answer any queries and even when we needed to pivot in treatment or medication, everything was fully explained to me. Dr. Elassar is also very kind and takes a personal stake in your treatment, she really wants the very best outcome for you. She would follow up with me after my retrival to ensure I was feeling okay and completed each of my daily monitoring appointments personally - checking on how I was finding the medication and injections. I felt like we were a team and she had my back and that whatever was thrown at us, we were going to navigate it together. Lastly, I truly believe that because she was so close to my treatment (reviewing it daily), that she was able to maximize the effectiveness and gain superior results.
Set up a meeting and meet her. Dr. Elassar is truly talented and I think this is really evident in the initial meeting. She is realistic/frank with you regarding treatment outcomes/expectations, but also extremely knowledgeable and optimistic - presenting options for consideration. She will ultimately present the options and talk you through the pros/cons but she will leave the final decision to you and support you either way.
Dr. Elassar provides the highest level of care, personally "monitoring" you daily during your cycle, answering any emails 24/7 (even checking on my trigger shot at 3 AM!). She personally takes a stake in your IVF journey, taking time to make thoughtful decisions about medications and procedures. She is very patient and is happy to spend time with you and help you navigate all of the decisions. She is also realistic but optimistic (if you can imagine that), even after negative results, I always felt confident that we would figure it out together. She is a very smart and talented doctor and I could tell that she didn't make decisions or recommendations lightly - always thinking them through. Lastly, the entire team and office runs so smoothly, they are all at the top of their game. Once you hit reception, they will already know exactly when the Doctor wants to see you again/referrals needed etc. What was also really helpful was the access to the billing department - having someone that I could speak to and would help me understand the insurance lingo was extremely helpful.
We started immediately with IVF. I started on a menopur and Follistim, then Ganirelix later in the cycle. Dr. Elassar also prepped my body with birth controls/and or estradiol before starting the injections. The second IVF round produced the best results when I did the round back to back (following the first round).
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar, Racquel and Vicky)
I literally LOVE the nurses at NYC IVF. They are all so great. They are all caring and skilled. They operate seamlessly as they have all worked together for years. The team is copied on all communication so they are aware of your treatment and medication needs. They answer emails quickly and provide any support you need (day and night). Tamar is highly skilled and I trust her 100%, she would support Dr. Elassar with the occasional monitoring appt, and she would always call me after every procedure to check in with me. When I was feeling nervous before a retrieval she would hold my hand and keep my distracted. Since it is a small team, you will see them frequently and they will make you feel relaxed and at ease. Vicky and Racquel are so kind and lovely. They will make sure you have all your medication and prep you for your procedures.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The main strength about this clinic is that it is a small team who have worked together for years, they run a tight ship, where every team member is looped in on all communication and is aware of every single patient. The coordination efforts is remarkable. I wouldn't need to ask if they had pre-authorized my insurance because Alejandra was copied into my medical notes and would know to immediately go out to the insurance, so not to delay the treatment. Being a small clinic makes it feel much more personable, each member of the team know who you are and where you are at in your cycle/journey. It is hard for me to pinpoint any weaknesses. I would say that due to Covid, I attended all of my appointments by myself. My husband only came in for the retrievals - but this wasn't a huge issue for us since taking time out of work each day probably wasn't realistic for both of us, but this maybe a factor for other patients. The other thing to consider is that the monitoring appointments start from 9AM, and although they are super quick - 15 mins in/out. This could be a challenge if you have a busy work schedule - although I would say this is the nature of IVF - sadly it dominates your entire schedule.
I was very fortunate that alot of my care was covered my by insurance. But Alejandra really provided alot of support with dealing with all of that.
I only did one transfer and we tried with two embryos. Dr. Elassar spoke to me about the pros and cons and keen for me to ultimately make the decision - not influencing me either way.

Investor
[Dr. Alyaa Elassar] was recommended by my OB/GYN as an IVF practice that didn't feel like an "assembly line." She was spot on. I nearly always saw Dr. Elassar herself for my visits. She did a great job setting reasonable expectations about the process and potential results, which was helpful and reassuring...[She] and her staff got to know me, and I was always seeing the same few members of her staff. I felt like a patient they knew and cared about, not just a number.
The clinic [NYC IVF] did not have an "assembly line" feel. It was small and highly personalized. I loved that all of the procedures happened in-house and I never had to go into a hospital. Everything was incredibly organized and efficient, from reception, to billing/insurance claims, to the appointments and procedures themselves...I felt very well taken-care of by the warm and knowledgeable staff at NYC IVF. I always saw one of the same three nurses - Tamar, Victoria, or Racquel - and I felt they all got to know me well.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We are so grateful to Dr. Elassar and the whole team at NYC IVF for helping us bring our sweet little boy into the world. Dr. Elassar was recommended by my OB/GYN as an IVF practice that didn't feel like an "assembly line." She was spot on. I nearly always saw Dr. Elassar herself for my visits. She did a great job setting reasonable expectations about the process and potential results, which was helpful and reassuring. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Elassar to anyone looking for a personalized and caring experience.
Have reasonable expectations because she will be kind, but candid about what the statistics say your potential outcomes could be.
Dr. Elassar and her staff got to know me, and I was always seeing the same few members of her staff. I felt like a patient they knew and cared about, not just a number.
I don't remember the specifics of the protocol, other than that she used Lupron as a trigger shot for me because she was somewhat concerned about OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
I felt very well taken-care of by the warm and knowledgeable staff at NYC IVF. I always saw one of the same three nurses - Tamar, Victoria, or Racquel - and I felt they all got to know me well. Everyone on the team was kind and very supportive throughout. They helped make a nervewracking experience much easier and followed up after I achieved a successful pregnancy to check in, which was much appreciated.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic did not have an "assembly line" feel. It was small and highly personalized. I loved that all of the procedures happened in-house and I never had to go into a hospital. Everything was incredibly organized and efficient, from reception, to billing/insurance claims, to the appointments and procedures themselves.
All-in a cycle of egg retrieval, embryo freezing, PGT-a testing, and embryo transfer totaled ~$24k (including meds). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get approved for insurance coverage. The PGT-a was $3,500 and the transfer was discounted to $1,500 as a result of doing the PGT. The meds cost approx. $4,700 for the full cycle. The ultrasound visits were covered y insurance with just a co-pay.
We had PGT-a testing done on our embryos to assess viability, so Dr. Elassar strongly recommended against multiple embryo transfer.
2021, Successful
Office [New York City IVF] is incredibly well run, clean, and respectful of other patients. Never too crowded, never had to wait long...They treat each situation with love and care and the entire team makes you feel comfortable and hopeful...Dr. Elassar is extremely knowledgeable and professional while also exuding care and comfort. From the moment I walked into her office, I knew I would be in good hands. She always explains your options in detail and lets you be a part of the process you would like to move forward with.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is extremely knowledgeable and professional while also exuding care and comfort. From the moment I walked into her office, I knew I would be in good hands. She always explains your options in detail and lets you be a part of the process you would like to move forward with. She not only remembers your name and your partner but also things about us individually and as a couple. She was always present on important visits and always smiled or waved on office visits that she did not need to be present for (like giving blood). I found great comfort in her skills and in her presence.
Every single member of this team is so special, caring, empathetic, educated and patient. While my experience here was brief (thanks to this rockstar team!!) I found myself thinking of how much I am actually going to miss coming to this office and seeing these women. My husband and I found Dr. Elassar after a truly callous experience elsewhere, where we found that we wasted months under the care of a team who simply did not care about us or our journey at all. The experience at Dr. Elassar's office was everything but. They treat each situation with love and care and the entire team makes you feel comfortable and hopeful. Despite this being out of network for my insurance, I would recommend this team to anyone that is looking for a compassionate and dedicated team to assist with their fertility journey.
Every single member of this team is so special, caring, empathetic, educated, and patient. While my experience here was brief (thanks to this rockstar team!!) I found myself thinking of how much I am actually going to miss coming to this office and seeing these women. They treat each situation with love and care and the entire team makes you feel comfortable and hopeful. Despite this being out of network for my insurance, I would recommend this team to anyone that is looking for a compassionate and dedicated team to assist with their fertility journey.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Usually out of network. Can be pricey. Worth the insurance headache to get the type of care they provide. Office is incredibly well run, clean, and respectful of other patients. Never too crowded, never had to wait long.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Elassar is the best. She always explained everything and never let me worry. She was so positive and always made me feel better even after not so great news. She is an amazing doctor and I sent my cousin and good friend To her as well, because of how much I trust her...In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home...I always see the doctor.
The office [New York City IVF] is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses...Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I would tell them that they are in the best hands and to trust that she will do everything she can for you.
In Dr. Elassar’s office I always felt comfortable and at home. Everyone that worked there was extremely warm and helpful. Infertility is a very sensitive subject and I always felt better after a visit. She always made me feel very important and that she would do anything and everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Everyone that works in this office is amazing. I have never had better experiences with nurses and staff anywhere else. They have made me feel so safe and comfortable.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is great. I can always get an appointment when I want. I never have to wait long at all. I always see the doctor. It’s clean and inviting. I feel very comfortable when I’m there and always feel I am getting the very best care. I can’t think of any weaknesses.

2020, Unsuccessful
In my initial consultation, Dr. Elassar was very kind and thorough. Unfortunately, as soon as the monitoring began, each of my sessions with her felt very rushed. She did not answer emails, was unavailable on the phone, and in person, she did not seem interested in taking the time to answer my questions or to clearly explain the protocol and next steps.
Strengths [of New York City IVF] are a great consultation, a beautiful office, generally good and timely email communication, and good communication about what medications are needed and when. Weaknesses are lack of compassion overall, and rushed in-person experiences with the doctor...$350 for each monitoring visit. An IUI would have been $2,000. IVF was $14,000 not including any transfers.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar was very impressive in my initial consultation. And she has outstanding reviews online. So I was very surprised and disappointed when she seemed very rushed and uninterested in answering questions during my in-person visits. At one point, she said "I don't have time to answer your questions. You can ask [a member of our medical team] -- she is working on a medical degree and can answer these questions for you." You want to feel like your doctor is genuinely interested in your success, and that he or she is willing to take the time to make sure you are aware of what's happening and what the next steps are. It was really disappointing.
Ask in advance if she will be available to answer your questions via phone or email, or during in-person sessions. Be your own advocate and have questions prepared so that you understand what is going on in your protocol / cycle.
I began an IVF cycle that had to be cancelled due to poor response. Dr. Elassar did not say this to me directly, but a member of her medical team said that they believed my ovaries were likely "over-suppressed" by taking birth control pills for too long, which meant that not as many follicles as anticipated grew. I was on birth control for about 2.5 weeks, and then on Menopur and Follistim for 2 weeks. I had 3 mature follicles (we anticipated 7-8 based on prior evaluations) so we decided to cancel the cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Some of the nursing staff was good. They were mostly responsive and easy to work with. Other members of the team seemed really deflated, and like they didn't want to be there. In particular, the nurse who managed the instructions for administering medication just never seemed happy. I think patients who are experiencing infertility should expect to work with a team that is upbeat and positive, otherwise they make an already challenging and uncomfortable situation even more of a challenge.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths are a great consultation, a beautiful office, generally good and timely email communication, and good communication about what medications are needed and when. Weaknesses are lack of compassion overall, and rushed in-person experiences with the doctor.
Please note this is NOT NEW HOPE. This is NYC IVF with Dr. Alayaa Elassar. $350 for each monitoring visit. An IUI would have been $2,000. IVF was $14,000 not including any transfers.
Manhattan

Throughout my IVF treatment with Doctor Alyaa Elassar, I felt like a human rather than a number. This was because every time I went in for a scan to evaluate my ovaries and uterus lining, I was always seen by Doctor Alyaa Elassar. She always called me by my respectful name and knew my medical history, which put me at ease that I'm not just a number. The staff called me by my name as well and knew where I am in the process of my cycle so that appropriate tests can be done. I would like to mention that after my successful IVF treatment, I was no longer seeing Doctor Alyaa Elassar. However, she sent a warm email to me asking how I am doing in my pregnancy. That also made me feel human rather than a number.
The clinic [New York City IVF] is on 7th Floor and has a nice waiting area that is usually not packed. The clinic itself has a modern look and yet very simple... I met with Victoria [nurrse] the most and she is super nice and professional. There was a new individual named Michelle and I think she does the best demo when it comes to showing you how to do the injections. I wish she stayed with the clinic, she was nice, professional, and helpful. Alejandra and Haley on the billing side were helpful and worked with us to explain how things are going to work out with the insurance and all. The staff did their best to know each client by name. All are hard working despite some busy and hectic days.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I want to start by saying that Doctor Alyaa Elassar is very knowledgeable in what she does. I can say this because after every visit, my husband and I would spend time doing google research and find that Doctor Elassar was spot on with what she said. We had faith in Doctor Elassar's expertise, we were just a paranoid couple who were spending money on an expensive treatment and didn't want anything to go wrong so we did our own research. I liked that every single scan of my ovaries and uterus was done by Doctor Elassar only. I only met with Doctor Elassar and no other doctor. It put me at an ease that I am seeing the same Doctor each visit and she knows where I am in my treatment cycle very well. Doctor Elassar has great bedside manner. I am a little shy with my body because I have so much body hair due to PCOS. I never felt like I had to wax/shave my legs for each visit. Doctor Elassar made me feel comfortable in my own skin with hairy hands and legs. Doctor Elassar is flexible with the treatment option. We first met her in February of 2019 and wanted to do IVF. She recommended we try IUI since we have never tried it and if it is unsuccessful, we can just move on to IVF. Our IUI went great except my embryo never made it down the Fallopian tube so it ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Doctor Elassar went over the options with us and we decided to let my body end that pregnancy naturally rather than taking strong medications to end it (since ectopic pregnancy never goes to full term any way). I decided to take a break after the IUI because I wanted to do some traveling and job hunting before the next treatment. Doctor Elassar never forced me to come in for appointments during those times. She gave me my space that I needed. In January 2020 we met with Doctor Elassar and were ready to begin our first cycle of IVF treatment. She had preliminary bloodwork and sonogram done the same day to see where my hormone levels stand and from there, everything was a smooth process. I had a successful pregnancy by end of March 2020. Doctor Elassar always wishes the best for her patients regardless of your racial/educational background. She does her best for her patients. She came in on weekends if I just needed a bloodwork or a sonogram done for monitoring purposes. Doctor Elassar works 24/7! A very hard working woman. She is also professional and does not stick her nose in your personal matters. Even when it comes to 'timed intercourse' during IUI, she does not want to know the details, she just wants to know if the 'timed intercourse' was done or not. Doctor Elassar is great at what she does and I look forward to doing a 2nd IVF transfer from her when time comes. In the end, I want to say that even though I started going to a different clinic after my 6 weeks of successful pregnancy, I always reached out to Doctor Elassar for any question that my clinic was not able to answer.
Doctor Elassar is an expert and will do her best to help you achieve your treatment goal. She will always be there with you at every visit (except bloodwork). If you want to be treated as a human and not just a number at a clinic, then this is the Doctor you SHOULD think about seeing.
In February 2019, we had a consultation visit with Doctor Elassar. She asked some screening questions and explained a couple of things about how conceiving works normally. We had our initial bloodwork, sonogram and genetic carrier testing done. In March 2019 we began IUI treatment. I took Clomid and Doctor Elassar monitored my ovaries to see how the egg was growing. Based on bloodwork and her scan, she confirmed I was ovulating and asked to come in for insemination. In between there was bloodwork done to monitor progesterone level. I was prescribed progesterone pills. Unfortunately the embryo never made it down the fallopian tube on its own so we let the body naturally end the pregnancy. If we had taken medication to end the pregnancy, it would add a 4 month wait before we could try conceiving again because the medication takes time to come out of the system. After taking break, I met with Doctor Elassar January of 2020 and decided to do IVF as we did not want anything getting stuck in the fallopian tube again. Since all our genetic screening was done, I only needed a hormone checks through bloodwork and a sonogram check to see how my ovaries are doing as well as my uterus lining. I received a green light once bloodwork results came in. Gonal F was ordered and shipped to my house. In between, I would visit Doctor Elassar so she could do a scan to see how many eggs were growing in each ovary. In the middle, I was also prescribed Menopur along with Gonal F to pump my ovaries to grow those eggs. My ovaries were taking a bit too much time in growing them. The retrieval day was scheduled and 14 eggs were retrieved and fertilized. 10 lived up to day 5. We opted to do a PGS testing so our embryos were frozen and the PGS results came back in a week. Only 6 our to 10 embryos had normal chromosomes. I had to wait until my uterus lining was back in normal range. We began injections to ready my uterus and did transfer beginning of March. We continued with the injections as advised by Doctor Elassar. After 2 week wait, pregnancy test was done and I was pregnant! Injections for progesterone were continued until Week 9 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Doctor Elassar's staff team are great. I met with Victoria the most and she is super nice and professional. There was a new individual named Michelle and I think she does the best demo when it comes to showing you how to do the injections. I wish she stayed with the clinic, she was nice, professional, and helpful. Alejandra and Haley on the billing side were helpful and worked with us to explain how things are going to work out with the insurance and all. The staff did their best to know each client by name. All are hard working despite some busy and hectic days.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is on 7th Floor and has a nice waiting area that is usually not packed. The clinic itself has a modern look and yet very simple. I do think each room can have an added TV screen so the patient can see their sonogram on TV. But the machine itself is big and if you tilt your head just enough, you can see your live scan there as well. I think a cabinet (or more hooks behind the door) can be added so the patient can store their clothes when they have to undress. For some reason, I always have more clothes because of winter and one hook can't fit all my clothes. The bathroom is decent. There are two, one is in the hallway before the receptionists desk and one is inside the clinic. The only thing missing is the seat covers. I would just use toilet paper since there were no seat covers attached to the wall. Other than that, the office is clutter-free and simple. I like to go to a Doctor's office and not be intimidated by big technical machines.
Doctor Elassar was out of network. There's cost of drugs which varies depending on your insurance coverage. Embryo retrieval process has it's own set of costs. The PGS/PGD testing has it's own set of costs as well. The last major cost was embryo cost, set by Doctor Elassar's clinic.
We chose to transfer only 1 of the 6 normal embryos we had because did not want to have twins. We didn't want to choose gender so we let Doctor Elassar decide. The embryologist just pulled out the first normal chromosome embryo from our 10 frozen embryos (4 were tested as not good) and transferred that. It turned out to be a girl!
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York City IVF.
One time I received only 2 needles with Progesterone. I had to take Progesterone injection for a couple weeks but I had very few needles. Since it was also my first time, I emailed Clinic to ask how many needles I would need for Progesterone and for how long I will need. I was able to get the needles requested by the clinic and ordered on time to have them available for my injections.
Manhattan

You see Dr. Elassar for each visit...Dr. Elassar is available to answer all of your questions whether in person during your visit or via email. I never felt rushed and she explained all my options to me thoroughly allowing me and my husband to make informed decisions that worked for us...Without PGS testing, Dr. Elassar recommended transferring two embryos which is what is ASRM recomments for my age group. With PGS testing, Dr. Elassar recommended a single embryo transfer since we would be aware of the quality of the embryo.
Due to the small size of the office, you receive personalized attention from Dr. Elassar and her staff [at NYC IVF]...There were minimal waiting times to be seen by Dr. Elassar and they had flexible appointment times. You really get a level of personalized attention that is not available at the larger clinics...Dr. Elassar and her staff become part of your journey. They remember your name, your husband's name, your children's name, your history and really root for you.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is an absolutely fabulous doctor with a warm heart. You see Dr. Elassar for each visit rather than a rotating list of doctors who might not remember your name at larger clinics. Dr. Elassar is available to answer all of your questions whether in person during your visit or via email. I never felt rushed and she explained all my options to me thoroughly allowing me and my husband to make informed decisions that worked for us.
Be sure to read the instructions provided to you by Dr. Elassar's staff so that you are prepared to ask any questions.
Due to the small size of the office, you receive personalized attention from Dr. Elassar and her staff. Dr. Elassar and her staff become part of your journey. They remember your name, your husband's name, your children's name, your history and really root for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Victoria and Racquel)
All of the staff members at Dr. Elassar's office are absolutely fabulous. They always greeted me by name with a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Dr. Elassar's office is impeccably clean and well-decorated. There were minimal waiting times to be seen by Dr. Elassar and they had flexible appointment times. You really get a level of personalized attention that is not available at the larger clinics. I initially started my fertility journey at one of the larger clinics in New York City, but felt like I was just a number. I am extremely happy that I turned to Dr. Elassar for IVF rather than continuing at the larger clinic.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar did all of my scans (not once did she have someone else do a scan for her) and she was at all of my visits...Dr. Elassar was always quick to answer any emails I sent...Don’t plan on getting any sugar coating. She’s amazingly blunt...Dr. Elassar only transferred one embryo. She explained I was young and at my age (diagnosis) a multiple transfer would be high risk...
The reason I went with Dr. Elassar was because I knew that in her clinic [NYC IVF] I wouldn’t be treated like a number...Dr. Elassar did all of my scans (not once did she have someone else do a scan for her) and she was at all of my visits. Her and her staff are very knowledgeable. I mainly only interacted with 3 individuals including Dr. Elassar...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I chose Dr. Elassar because if I’m going to pay for a treatment I wanted the best of the best and that’s exactly what I got. She’s straight forward which I personally love. When looking her up, I found that her education and experience was A+++. She’s competitive and gives results. She was at all of my appointments and did every scan herself. She was thorough and was excited as I was whenever we received any good news. I have PCOS and I remember asking about OHSS, she quickly stopped me and told me she had never had a case of OHSS. I went in fully trusting her and the results speak for themselves. Going in we started with many eggs and some how (of course I have an aliens body) I started to lose my eggs during my stimulation cycle. I was so bummed as was Dr. Elassar. She told me not to worry that it’s best to work with quality than quantity. By the time of my egg retrieval, we got 11 eggs, 10 were fertilized using ICSI and 9 matured for freezing. At first we weren’t going to get genetic testing (even though Dr. Elassar recommended). She recommended it at first and her justification was that if we are going to do something this significant might as well get our best chances at a healthy pregnancy (especially since I had 2 prior miscarriage before the age of 28). After losing some of my eggs during stimulation, we decided to go with the genetic testing. Out of our 9 embryos, we got 4 normal healthy embryos (amazing results!!!!). Our first frozen transfer ended up in a pregnancy. I’m currently 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I had some complications at the beginning of my pregnancy and Dr. Elassar was always quick to answer any emails I sent. If you’re looking to get a truthful diagnosis with personal care this is the doctor/clinic for you.
Don’t plan on getting any sugar coating. She’s amazingly blunt. Also, just do what she says. It was really hard for me at first to give complete control of my care over but I never questioned it (just asked and researched for peace of mind) and obtained the best results.
The reason I went with Dr. Elassar was because I knew that in her clinic I wouldn’t be treated like a number. Most fertility clinics are too commercialized and just treat their patients like a number. I knew I wanted something different and set out to find a clinic that could provide me with that intimate patient care I was looking for. Dr. Elassar did all of my scans (not once did she have someone else do a scan for her) and she was at all of my visits. Her and her staff are very knowledgeable. I mainly only interacted with 3 individuals including Dr. Elassar.
At first I had to take birth control because I had a large corpus luteum cyst that was taking up space in my ovary. After about 10 days, we started stims. My protocol was very minimal (just gonal-f) and then the ganirelix. These were one of the times I was skeptical about her choices since I saw everyone’s protocol included meds like menopur. After asking, she explained I didn’t need it. Great! Due to the PCOS, I only needed about 9 days of stims with close monitoring. As mentioned, every scan was done by Dr. Elassar herself. Before seeing Dr. Elassar I did do 3-4 months of supplements to try and improve egg quality. I took myo-inositol, Vitex berry, melatonin and CoQ10.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is at a great location and due to covid you barely see any of the other patients. You will see maybe one person come out as you go into another room and such. The clinic did a great job at making sure there weren’t many people in the waiting area at the same time. There was barely to 0 wait.
Dr. Elassar only transferred one embryo. She explained I was young and at my age (diagnosis) a multiple transfer would be high risk. Also, after researching, multiple embryo transfers don’t exactly result in a higher success rate.
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar is the only doctor at the clinic and handles all the daily monitorings and procedures on her own. It's helpful to have one person oversee the IVF process. She is very responsive on email. Although, she is very smart, she can be impatient if you ask too many questions along the way...I have unexplained infertility and I thought my treatment was not customized...
Pros: The clinic [NYC IVF] is beautiful, clean and well run. You never see more than 1-2 other patients at a time. Nurses are great and very gentle and compassionate. Cons: The monitoring hours start at 9am and the doctor runs late so it was difficult managing the appointments if working full-time. Dr. Elassar has a cookie-cutter way of approaching the IVF process. I would've liked to see her run some more testing before deciding on the protocol.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is a fine doctor if you are a normal patient with a diagnosed cause. I have unexplained infertility and I thought my treatment was not customized. I went through two rounds of IVF, each round was trial and error. I only yielded one blastocyst from two rounds of IVF.
Ask all your questions. Even if it sounds silly or confusing, it's important to understand the protocol being recommended. Look into their stats. I didn't have the clinic information, only the national stats.
Dr. Elassar is the only doctor at the clinic and handles all the daily monitorings and procedures on her own. It's helpful to have one person oversee the IVF process. She is very responsive on email. Although, she is very smart, she can be impatient if you ask too many questions along the way. I thought at times her moods varied and one day she was nice and the next day she was impatient and rushed through the appointment. I asked generic questions about vitamins, protocols, testing etc.
First round of IVF included birth control, two vials of menopur and follistim 150. I had 10 follicles, 8 retrieved and 5 fertilized. None of them made it to blastocyst. Second round of IVF included birth control, lupron, two vials of menopur, follistim 200. I had 8 follicles, 6 retrieved, 1 mature and fertilized. One made it to Day 5 graded B blastocyst.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Nurses are fantastic. They follow up regularly and never made mistakes on their communication.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Pros: The clinic is beautiful, clean and well run. You never see more than 1-2 other patients at a time. Nurses are great and very gentle and compassionate. Cons: The monitoring hours start at 9am and the doctor runs late so it was difficult managing the appointments if working full-time. Dr. Elassar has a cookie-cutter way of approaching the IVF process. I would've liked to see her run some more testing before deciding on the protocol.
Prices changed midway through my two cycles. IVF process was $13,500 and the transfer was another $2,000.
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York City IVF.
I transferred one untested grade B blastocyst based on the advice of Dr. Elassar (in her words: lots of babies are born without genetic testing). I got pregnant and at 12 weeks found out the fetus had trisomy 13. I had to terminate the pregnancy. I would've never transferred the embryo had the doctor told me to genetically test the embryo first.
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend...very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options...You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the e
From the start, the doctor and her team [at New York City IVF] were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy b
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar and her entire team were amazing! We would recommend her without a doubt and know that she played a big part in us finally achieving our dreams of having a family! The IVF process is a tough one, usually filled with ups and downs, and a lot of anxiety and heartache. Like many others like us, when we started having difficulty in getting pregnant, we didnt know where to turn or whether to go to a large, well established place, or a smaller private practice. Everyone is different and has unique needs, but my husband and I were very turned off by the experience of the large well known places, and besides wasted time / effort / money, later on found out that the advice given to us was not actually in our best interest. After giving up hope we ultimately stumbled upon Dr. Alyaa Alassar and are we glad we did! From the start, the doctor and her team were very warm and inviting, always patient to explain to us our options, and we never felt like we were just another "number". You see Dr. Alassar every time, which I think is a big benefit. Not just whichever doctor is on the schedule who have skimmed your records. The doctor would email us personally with certain results, and shared in our disappointment when things didn't always go as we wanted. We did two cycles of egg retrieval and two transfers. After the first transfer failed, Dr. Alassar took the time to sit down with us and brainstorm how we should approach the next transfer. The rest of the team (especially Racquel) is also great, each appointment (for which there are many) was always super efficient, and her office is very warm and inviting. Everything ended up working out great, and my husband and I now have a fully healthy baby boy and we couldn't be happier! At the end of the day, the process is long and difficult, and so much of it can be mental - it is super important to be in the best headspace possible and to feel like you're being taken care of and on the right path. That is what we got with Dr. Alassar's practice and would highly recommend her and her team. You won't regret it.
Don't hesitate to use her. You won't regret it.
We didn't. She was great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
They were great, especially Raquel.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It was great. Nice / warm and inviting office. Very efficient, never long wait times. Always great at explaining things and good with insurance. You never feel like a number and you always meet with Dr. Elassar. Would definitely recommend.
Manhattan
She [Dr. Elassar] always treated me with respect and compassion. She took time to explain things to me and always answered my questions in details. I liked that she was straightforward and never sugarcoated anything. She set realistic expectations. We had two failed transfers after which she recommended new tests to figure out what was going on and fortunately the subsequent transfer was a success! I saw at every visit and she did all procedures by herself which was the best thing about this treatment
It’s [New York City IVF is] a single doctor run practice, so you feel that the treatment is tailored to your specific needs and that you’re not just a number...For my 3rd embryo transfer we decided to proceed with two embryos instead of just one and it was a success! Not sure if using two embryos helped but it was helpful that the clinic agreed to respect our wishes...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is a wonderful physician! She always treated me with respect and compassion. She took time to explain things to me and always answered my questions in details. I liked that she was straightforward and never sugarcoated anything. She set realistic expectations. We had two failed transfers after which she recommended new tests to figure out what was going on and fortunately the subsequent transfer was a success! I saw at every visit and she did all procedures by herself which was the best thing about this treatment.
If you want to be treated by a single doc and want care that’s tailored to your requirements, don’t think twice about going with Dr. Elassar!
She was empathetic when I had a negative pregnancy test and always took time to explain things when I had questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Victoria, Alejandra)
Everyone was very helpful, always responded quick to my questions and calls!
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It’s a single doctor run practice, so you feel that the treatment is tailored to your specific needs and that you’re not just a number. This is a big advantage! But if your insurance doesn’t cover the cost then you have to pay everything out of pocket which happened with me. So it would be nice if they offered discounted plans to help with the financial cost!
Costs are high if your insurance doesn’t cover the treatment!
Manhattan

Dr. Elassar was extremely accessible, took time to answer my questions and explain the process. She was also friendly and respectful - as was everyone in her office...I trusted her judgment and she explained my choices and made clear recommendations...She and the embryologist suggested I implant 2 embroys because of the age I was when I froze my eggs. She shared the risk of multiples - and.I am indeed pregnant with twins now.
I like that the clinic [NYC IVF] is very small...Everyone at this clinic knew me. I never had to wait. Only minor issue was that they asked to reschedule my appointments a couple of times...The nursing staff and reception staff were very warm, respectful, attentive and quickly answered my questions. I felt welcomed every visit...They seemed pleased to see me and answered all of my questions...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar was extremely accessible, took time to answer my questions and explain the process. She was also friendly and respectful - as was everyone in her office. I think she trained them very well. I trusted her judgment and she explained my choices and made clear recommendations. I would 100% recommend her to a friend - as I was recommended by a friend who loves her!
See her sooner rather than later!
Dr. Elassar and all of her staff knew me and my situation and welcomed me each time I arrived. They seemed pleased to see me and answered all of my questions. I really felt at home at her office. I would highly recommend them.
I used lupron first, then progesterone shots and twice daily estradiol pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Victoria )
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
I like that the clinic is very small. I went elsewhere first and felt like a number - it was like Grand Central station. Everyone at this clinic knew me. I never had to wait. Only minor issue was that they asked to reschedule my appointments a couple of times. That was inconvenient because of my work.
Other than co-pays it was covered by my insurance.
Manhattan

The experience with Dr. Elassar and her team was very personal...It was wonderful seeing her every visit, and she was quick to respond to any queries we might have had if we emailed the clinic out of hours...I never felt rushed by her...Because I had a limited number of embryos overall and I was in my early 40s, the doctor recommended multiple embryo transfer....
The nursing staff [at NYC IVF] who worked with Dr. Elassar are highly competent and compassionate. I found them a pleasure to engage with...The clinic is in quite a modern clean setting, and they make an effort not to have too many people in the waiting area. Waiting times are usually very short so you are seen quite quickly by the doctor and nurses...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She is the only fertility doctor I saw, but I can't imagine a better one. It was wonderful seeing her every visit, and she was quick to respond to any queries we might have had if we emailed the clinic out of hours. I could tell she was very busy (probably because she was giving all her patients the same personal approach) but I never felt rushed by her.
Trust her and her methods. She said that she would be able to get me pregnant, and even though it took some time I am currently pregnant.
The experience with Dr. Elassar and her team was very personal. I felt like they made an effort to get to know me any my husband, and they genuinely cared about a successful outcome in our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff who worked with Dr. Elassar are highly competent and compassionate. I found them a pleasure to engage with in what was a difficult situation for my husband and I.
Manhattan

she [Dr. Elassar] explained for me how to use all medications and injections , dr elassar she’s soo professional ,she did my eggs retrieval and my embreyo transfer, it was really quick and efficient procedure...she’s answered my emails anytime even on the middle of the night and calling to check if everything okey...she’s so kind and extremely knowledgeable,,she explained for us everything, answered all our questions, she discussed every step with us..
in Nyc ivf clinic you will be treated with care and emotional support not just a number...During all the visits i was welcoming by staff receptionist by my name ,there’s no waiting time ,the room always prepared for me for scan and blood work ,everything cleaned and organized, all the nurses professionals , responsive, efficient and so kind ,they are always explaining for me how to use the new medications ,sending my prescriptions, and supporting me ,that makes me very comfortable..
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
We are soooo grateful for doctor EL assar ,there’s no words enough to describe dr el assar, she’s the best dr i ever seen ,since our first visit after struggling with unexplained infertility we were so relaxed and relieved,she’s so kind and extremely knowledgeable,,she explained for us everything, answered all our questions, she discussed every step with us ,i trust her 1000000% she know what she is doing, with dr el assar i feel like I’m her only patient ,she remember every single detail, Taking her time on each visit, did all the scans and follow up with results (blood work) on the same day . For our successful ivf cycle,everything went smooth and easy, she explained for me how to use all medications and injections , dr elassar she’s soo professional ,she did my eggs retrieval and my embreyo transfer, it was really quick and efficient procedure,she holds my hand and give me hugs ,she’s really the kindest ,warmest ,knowledgeable person ,she’s answered my emails anytime even on the middle of the night and calling to check if everything okey,
Just trust dr elassar, because she know what she is doing,
Dr. Elassar is truly the most caring and kindest doctor I have ever had. During struggling with infertility all what we need is support and someone feel our pain, that’s what dr elassar gives us ,she took all our worries and stress away,support us, during all the process i never felt like number ,she is the best
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
If you’re struggling with infertility,i highly recommended dr elassar, don’t waist your time, nyc ivf clinic, was the best decision i ever made ,I’m so grateful to be dr elassar patient,she is so knowledgeable,professional,confident,in Nyc ivf clinic you will be treated with care and emotional support not just a number
During all the process dr alassar , was asking us and letting us make a decision for everything,she give us advice and explain the risks,

2019 - 2020, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Elassar performed every single ultrasound, she was there for me as we prepared for the retrieval...She was kind, understanding, professional, intelligent, attentive and caring...First retrieval vs. second retrieval, medical approach slightly varied. (ie. double trigger for round 2). Results were similar, and I believe maximized best potential results for my low egg reserve....
I was addressed by name every single visit [at New York City IVF]...Beautiful, clean, not over crowded, personalized care, effective communication (email and phone), wonderful assistance with health insurance...[nurses were] Friendly, calm, kind, organized...Dr. Elassar performed every single ultrasound, she was there for me as we prepared for the retrieval...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is the best there is. I feel so lucky to have her as a doctor. She was kind, understanding, professional, intelligent, attentive and caring. Dr. Elassar performed every single ultrasound, she was there for me as we prepared for the retrieval. She's truly the best doctor I've had.
Don't wait, book your appointment now!
I was addressed by name every single visit. Compared to other offices where I was literally given a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Racquel Houston, Victoria Gomez)
Friendly, calm, kind, organized.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Beautiful, clean, not over crowded, personalized care, effective communication (email and phone), wonderful assistance with health insurance. I would highly recommend to my best friends. It's so rare to visit an office that takes care of you, and Dr. Elassar's office does!
Cost for egg retrieval procedure and monitoring visits.
Manhattan

Visits with Dr Elassar were always thorough and she was extremely compassionate. You saw Dr Elassar during every visit...She always knew where we last left off and looked out for your best interest... I saw Dr Elassar during every visit for nearly an entire year. I genuinely felt that she cared about me and my journey to get pregnant....
The moment you walked in to Dr Elassar’s office [New York City IVF], the entire team greeted you by your name. They were always professional and courteous. Visits with Dr Elassar were always thorough and she was extremely compassionate. You saw Dr Elassar during every visit...I typically had appointments in the mornings and the wait to see the doctor could be a little longer than other days so always schedule more time just in case...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I was skeptical to go to fertility clinic with only one doctor. What if she got sick and wasn’t able to make it in for an appointment? This never happened. I saw Dr Elassar during every visit for nearly an entire year. I genuinely felt that she cared about me and my journey to get pregnant.
Ask any and all questions. No question is silly. Be patient.
The moment you walked in to Dr Elassar’s office, the entire team greeted you by your name. They were always professional and courteous. Visits with Dr Elassar were always thorough and she was extremely compassionate. You saw Dr Elassar during every visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Victoria/Raquel )
Victoria and Raquel were both great and helped you feel at ease during the appointments.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
I typically had appointments in the mornings and the wait to see the doctor could be a little longer than other days so always schedule more time just in case. I really loved that I saw Dr Elassar during every visit and not someone who just read your file a minute before they come into the appointment room. She always knew where we last left off and looked out for your best interest.
Manhattan

It is hard to put into words how incredible Dr Elassar and team are. The support, encouragement and personalized care was incredible. I am still amazed at how invested the team was in our success...Dr Elassar was great with suggesting in my circumstance only to transfer multiple embryos if i was comfortable with having a multi pregnancy....
[New York City IVF] Small clinic with very personalized care. Dr Elassar is nurturing, emphatic and performed all of my procedures...Nurses were fantastic and tailored my experience to suit my needs and specific situation...The staff were very invested in my success and i had amazing tailored care...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
It is hard to put into words how incredible Dr Elassar and team are. The support, encouragement and personalized care was incredible. I am still amazed at how invested the team was in our success. We are forever grateful for the beautiful girl we now treasure, and look forward to the next  journey with NYC IVF for baby number two.
Go for it
The staff were very invested in my success and i had amazing tailored care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Gomez)
My nurse was amazing and so invested in my success. She gave me special treatment with blood tests as i did not do well with them in the beginning. She cried when i had success. What more can you ask for?
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Small clinic with very personalized care. Dr Elassar is nurturing, emphatic and performed all of my procedures. Very nurturing environment. Nurses were fantastic and tailored my experience to suit my needs and specific situation.