Oregon Health & Science

9555 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
503.274.4994

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Hurliman is a compassionate and caring Dr. that you can tell truly cares about her patients. She explained everything to us throughly and I never felt like I was uninformed about what the plan was or what the next step would be. Going through fertility help was one of the most difficult and heart wrenching experiences I've ever gone through and I needed a Dr. like her that was gentle and caring but also didn't give false hope. I felt like I knew what we were up against but I had a team that went beyond my husband and I that was going to do everything in their power to give us our dream of becoming parents...
Katy [nurse at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] was completely on top of it! We absolutely loved her and are so thankful she was our nurse. She was always available to answer questions we had (which were many) and I knew she was always just a call away. She was so incredibly supportive, caring and informative. I honestly can't express enough how much I appreciate her and the rest of the staff...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Go into the experience knowing that if it is possible they will get you there! Expect a caring Dr. that will keep you well informed and wants the best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
I felt as though I had a relationship with Dr. Hurliman where I was able to completely trust that she cared about us and truly wanted to see us through as parents. I felt like she truly knew us on a personal level and could tell when I was worried or nervous about something without me even having to say that I was and she took the extra time to explain things to me as well as encourage me without giving false hope.
Describe the protocols Amanda Hurliman used in your cycles at ORM Fertility and their degree of success.
We were very hesitant to go do ivf and wanted to try several cycles of iui first and use ivf as the absolute last result. Dr. Hurliman let us do 4 or 5 cycles of iui before we went into the ivf process. During that time I was on letrozole and trigger shots and my husband was on clomid. Once we started the ivf process my husband continued the clomid while I started on injections and birth control. I do not remember all the names of the meds during this time or the dosage
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katy Shane)
Katy was completely on top of it! We absolutely loved her and are so thankful she was our nurse. She was always available to answer questions we had (which were many) and I knew she was always just a call away. She was so incredibly supportive, caring and informative. I honestly can't express enough how much I appreciate her and the rest of the staff
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. From the Dr.'s to the receptionist we had nothing but postie experiences with everyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility.
It was over $20,000
Treated 2016
Dr. Hurliman is a very nice woman. Like many doctors she is sometimes over burdened. I had to make sure and ask questions, otherwise I sometimes felt that things were not thoroughly explained. She is good at explaining things and I felt like she gave us all the facts, with reasonable expectations.
[Oregon Reproductive Medicine's] West side is great. I feel like the downtown location is sometimes lacking in bedside manner as far as the nurses and receptionists are concerned. The phlebotamist at the west side location (Jerri) is my favorite. She just makes the whole thing easier... loved Heather. She gave me her e-mail and I was able to do a lot of corresponding with her that way....So expensive! IVF in total was probably about 20K with ICSI, No CCS testing. fresh transfer
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Hurliman is a very nice woman. Like many doctors she is sometimes over burdened. I had to make sure and ask questions, otherwise I sometimes felt that things were not thoroughly explained. She is good at explaining things and I fell like she gave us all the facts, with reasonable expectations.
Ask questions! Be your own heath care advocate. Sometimes she gets busy, remind her, or ask questions.
I like dr. Hurliman and her staff at the west side location. She is always friendly and honest. You have to be assertive and ask questions, otherwise a lot may be left unexplained or unsaid.
My husband and I had 3 rounds of IUI. One with Chlomid and two with Femara. Both were unsuccessful. We tried naturally for 6 months, then proceeded to IVF with ICSI with a fresh transfer. I responded well to the femara and chlomid so I was put on a good responder antagonist protocol which was perfect for me. I deviated from my original IVF calendar by only one day of additional meds. We did a fresh transfer and I am now 5 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Heather Fivas)
I loved Heather. She gave me her e-mail and I was able to do a lot of corresponding with her that way. She was always prompt, and compassionate. No question was too small which I greatly appreciated. She was so down to earth and made me feel as if all of my fears and questions were perfectly reasonable.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
small things. Once they forgot to call in my prescription

Treated 2015
She [Dr. Hurliman] explained every step with great details and drawings. I still have them today. She made us feel comfortable. She gave us options while also inserting her opinion. She followed up with me even when not necessary...She tells it like it is. Very matter of fact but also is compassionate....She listened well and you could tell she wanted to help us have a family....IUI with femara only 1 time since I had done this 4 times prior without success. She recommended I do this 6 times total but the last one was cancelled due to a cyst
They [Oregon Repro Med - Port W] were almost always on time. There are so many options when calling that it is hard to get to who you want to talk to without waiting several minutes...There are two locations. I had an appointment at the new clinic downtown and the receptionist wrote the address on my appointment card, when I showed up, they said it was the other location. My signed contract with my husband and I was sent in twice and "received" and then "lost."
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
She explained every step with great details and drawings. I still have them today. She made us feel comfortable. She gave us options while also inserting her opinion. She followed up with me even when not necessary.
She tells it like it is. Very matter of fact but also is compassionate.
She listened well and you could tell she wanted to help us have a family.
IUI with femara only 1 time since I had done this 4 times prior without success. She recommended I do this 6 times total but the last one was cancelled due to a cyst. Once we moved to IVF I was prepared for a frozen transfer due to the large amount of eggs they were expected to receive since I have PCOS. I did injectables in the abdomen for 10-14 days in early October and then I had my frozen transfer in mid December. I started progesterone and estradiol injections in November, progesterone daily and estradiol twice weekly. This continued until mid February.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
They were almost always on time. There are so many options when calling that it is hard to get to who you want to talk to without waiting several minutes.
Around $25,000 total.
Describe Amanda Hurliman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility.
I hear of some clinics where they will only let you transfer one embryo the first time so I wondered why we had the option of 1 or 2. Our goal was to have one baby but so much had failed and I didn't want to go through more injections and another transfer so we chose 2. I ended up having horribly complicated pregnancy because my body/uterus/cervix could not handle two babies but no one could have predicted that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
There are two locations. I had an appointment at the new clinic downtown and the receptionist wrote the address on my appointment card, when I showed up, they said it was the other location. My signed contract with my husband and I was sent in twice and "received" and then "lost." Both copies were then recovered later and they apologized.
Treated 2015
As a patient, I feel like there was an overall lack of a compassionate bedside manner. This does not just apply to Dr. Hurliman, but to most of the staff I encountered at the clinic. I definitely felt like I was just a number and a dollar sign. For something so personal to me and my husband, I feel like Dr. Hurliman knew nothing about us as people and didn't even try to get to know us. In and out... as quickly as possible.
In my opinion, the weaknesses of this clinic [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] include an overall lack of compassion for patients, improper billing of insurance, failure to explain treatment options and procedures thoroughly without prompting. The strengths would be that it's open every day if you need to get in for an appointment.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Take time to get to know your patients. Offer more information... not just when prompted by questions. It's hard to know what to ask when you're just starting down the infertility path.
Dr. Hurliman always seemed rushed when I saw her like she had to move quickly in order to get to another patient. She wouldn't readily give information out, it felt like I had to dig for answers and ask all of the questions.
Dr. Hurliman only prescribed clomid for me with IUI's. I wish she would have told me injectibles with IUI were a possibility. I was probably on clomid for too long, according to my new RE, who switched my protocol immediately upon reviewing my case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility.
The best person at ORM is the phlebotomist. She drew my blood perfectly, on the first time, every time. I just felt lost in the shuffle by the rest of the staff at ORM.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
In my opinion, the weaknesses of this clinic include an OVERALL LACK OF COMPASSION for patients, improper billing of insurance, failure to explain treatment options and procedures thoroughly without prompting. The strengths would be that it's open every day if you need to get in for an appointment.
As mentioned before, ORM will make you pay up front for some things (like medication) without billing your insurance first. My insurance was not too pleased with that protocol.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
I showed up for SCHEDULED appointments twice, which they had neglected to schedule. The billing of insurance is a nightmare at this clinic. They would make me pay for some drugs up front, without billing my insurance first.
Treated 2015
Dr. Hurliman and her team really care about their patients, and I received amazing support during my three IVF cycles...She is a brilliant doctor that listens to her patients, laughed with me on the good days, and offered compassion on the tough days. I always felt like she was on MY team. I wasn’t just a number. She deeply cared about me and kept tweaking my IVF cycles/meds to try and help me succeed in having the baby I desired so deeply. I have tears in my eyes as I’m writing this...
...I did have some issues with billing [at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] that were resolved quickly. I was sent a few bills for misc. things when I had already paid the deposit. I contacted the billing department and they told me to ignore the bills they were an error. After I became pregnant I had to contact billing for a refund of the credit we had with them. This was not an issue, just something to be aware of...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
I did three IVF cycles with Dr. Hurliman, and she was amazing throughout the entire process. I was diagnosed with DOR a few months before my 34th birthday. We were trying for our second child, and the diagnosis totally devastated me. I cried through the entire first few meetings my husband and I had with Dr. Hurliman. She was very kind, but let me know that my chance of success was more in-line with the over 43 year old group (my FSH was very high 21.42). Dr. Hurliman suggested donor eggs would be my best chance of success, but I wasn't ready for that and wanted to try with my own eggs. Dr. Hurliman listened to me, and we came up with a plan to move forward. I never felt that she pushed donor eggs on me, and I greatly appreciated that. However, she did provide realistic expectations - My chance of success using my own eggs was low. My first two cycles were canceled at different stages of the IVF process. My third IVF cycle wasn't looking much better (only 2 mature follicles). Dr. Hurliman gave me the option to cancel that cycle or proceed. I decided I had zero chance of success if I didn't try, so I went forward with the retrieval. One egg fertilized, and on day 5 it was a day behind in development, but I decided to proceed with the fresh transfer. On the day of the transfer I remember telling my nurse Heather “It’s a beautiful day for a miracle." I now have a perfectly healthy 3 month old baby girl. There were many times during this process that Dr. Hurliman could of gave up on me. With my high FSH she could of refused me service from the time I first walked in her door like many other fertility clinics would of done, but she didn’t. She could of let me know I wasn’t a candidate for IVF using my own eggs, but she didn’t. She could of canceled my third cycle without giving me the option to proceed, but she didn’t. Dr. Hurliman never gave up on me, and I love her for it. I wouldn’t have my miracle baby without her. She is a brilliant doctor that listens to her patients, laughed with me on the good days, and offered compassion on the tough days. I always felt like she was on MY team. I wasn’t just a number. She deeply cared about me and kept tweaking my IVF cycles/meds to try and help me succeed in having the baby I desired so deeply. I have tears in my eyes as I’m writing this. It was a rough year, but we did it Dr. H!!! My baby girl is perfect in every way, and we love her so much. There are no words to express how grateful we are to Dr. Hurliman. I highly recommend her to anyone needing fertility services.
Get as healthy as you can for your fertility treatment(s). I lost 25 lbs., ate only organic foods - lots of fruits and vegetables, followed an alkaline diet, eliminated foods from my diet (sugar, caffeine, wheat, dairy and alcohol), took a bunch of herbal supplements & Chinese herbal tea, walked an hour or more daily, quit my job as a graphic designer to reduce stress in my life, listened to the Circle+Bloom IVF & IUI relaxation and meditation CDs every night, and did acupuncture twice a week (moxa sticks & hot foot baths too!). I'm not sure if any of these things helped or not, but I know it helped me emotionally. Gave me a sense of control in a situation I had no control over. It helped to be working toward something. Dr. Hurliman didn't suggest theses things specifically, so do your own research and try things that make sense to you. Even if it seems crazy - who cares! Dosen't hurt to try things. I know I was desperate for a successful outcome, and now I have my little miracle.
Me = 34 years old; Diagnosis = DOR; AMH = 0.33; FSH = 21.42; Husband = Low sperm count. IVF Cycle 1 = Lupron 40 Flare with Omnitrope protocol. 150 Menopur and 300-425 Follistim. We thought we had 4 mature follicles, but ended up just having 3 mature eggs at collection. One egg fertilized, and on day 5 it was a day behind in development so we gave it an extra day. It arrested and the cycle was canceled. IVF Cycle 2 = Antagonist protocol converted to HMG/IUI. Follistim 150. Only 2 mature follicles, so we thought we could do better and canceled the cycle before egg collection. The IUI was unsuccessful. This was the 4th IUI I tried (3 with my OBGYN before I came to ORM - all unsuccessful). IVF Cycle 3 = Estrogen Priming Antagonist protocol. 150 Menopur and 300-425 Follistim. Only two mature follicles, two mature eggs collected, one egg fertilized, and day 5 it was a day behind in development but we went ahead with the fresh transfer on day 5. I now have a perfectly healthy 3 month old baby girl. I am so thankful to my ORM team!
I LOVE Heather!!! I always looked forward to seeing her at all my appointments. Sitting and talking with her was like talking to a lifelong friend. She cares so much about her patients, and would do anything to help me during this very difficult process. I truly don't know what I would of done with out her. She made a huge difference in my treatment. My husband was out of town a lot for work during my IVF cycles, so I had to administer all the shots to myself. I kept messing up my doses, and Heather would always laugh with me and show me what I was doing wrong. She even drew a bullseye on my rear end for the progesterone shots. One cycle I did 8 shots a day, the other two I did six. It was such a stressful time, and I wanted to make sure I did everything correctly. A few times I cried in frustration to Heather, and she always did anything she could to help. I had difficulty with one med in particular, and for my last cycle she even put all the doses in syringes for me so I didn't have to worry about getting it right. After I got pregnant, and I would come in for my scans to make sure everything was alright, I remember her waiting outside my door with tears in her eyes hoping for good news. Heather was rooting for me every step of the way. She will forever have a friend in me. She went above and beyond her role at ORM, and I will forever be grateful to her. Love that girl!!!
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Very pleased with Dr. Hurliman, nurse Heather Fivas, and the rest of their staff. I did have some issues with billing that were resolved quickly. I was sent a few bills for misc. things when I had already paid the deposit. I contacted the billing department and they told me to ignore the bills they were an error. After I became pregnant I had to contact billing for a refund of the credit we had with them. This was not an issue, just something to be aware of. It's not automatically refunded after a successful pregnancy. Also, when we first became patients at ORM my husband went in to provide a sperm sample for freezing, and he was told he needed to take a few tests before he could leave his sample. He didn't realize that ORM hadn't received our medical records from Kaiser yet, and he had already taken the tests - $500 wasted. Make sure ORM has received your medical records before leaving sperm samples!
ORM 3 rounds of IVF (2 rounds canceled at different stages) = $28,551.00 Medications = $16,256.67 Acupuncture = $3,600 Oregon Anesthesiology = $1,134 Labs/IUI's outside of ORM = $1,458.33 TOTAL COST = $51,000 Kaiser only covered the IUI's we did with them - Not our IVF treatments. The itemized info above was 100% out of pocket. Worth every penny!!!

Treated 2015 - 2018
I feel like Dr. Hurliman is very invested in our case. She has been very supportive and I feel she is truly rooting for us to have success.... My wife and I have had many struggles throughout this process. Dr. Hurliman has always been able to give us hope that the next step will work. Each step of this process is difficult to cope with and process. Dr. Hurliman has been able to aid us through the hurt of not yet having success and instilling hope for the next attempt. Each time we have a set back Dr. Hurliman has been able to adjust our process to give us the best chance for success.
The transition between the two locations [Oregon Repro Med] is both convenient and difficult. It's nice to have a consistent location where you go every time, but I enjoy the fresh change meeting at a different location. The rotation of doctors conducting the procedures can seem daunting but there are several sets of eyes on your case.... Every member of the team is very supportive. I feel that they are invested in our success and have felt the disappointment with the lack there of.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Be patient. This process doesn't just happen over night, and it is easy to get caught up in the instant gratification environment of today. Dr. Hurliman takes time for your relationship to build but with patience it is a rewarding one. She is. Invested in her patience.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The transition between the two locations is both convenient and difficult. It's nice to have a consistent location where you go every time, but I enjoy the fresh change meeting at a different location. The rotation of doctors conducting the procedures can seem daunting but there are several sets of eyes on your case.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Hurliman] always took the time to sit down and listen to our concerns and questions. She recognizes the financial and emotional burden this takes on all of us... We started with letrozole for close to a year and after 2 miscarriages she felt like ivf with genetic testing was our best shot since it would give us the most info re egg quality.... While she is incredibly intelligent and nearly everything she predicted to happen,
Expensive. I think more than other clinics. And sometimes hard to get an appt. [at Oregon Reproductive Med] I’ve learned that I have had to make some appts a couple of months our just to make sure it worked with my work schedule... There was one instance when one of their nurses failed to reach me despite bei instructed to call me at work. Which resulted in a 2 month delay of the cycle... Elizabeth is the best. She anticipated everything Dr Hurliman will order or next steps.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
While she is incredibly intelligent and nearly everything she predicted to happen, did. However our we have had a possibly major hiccup with our ivf process, which I wish I would have known was a possibility prior to egg retrieval.
Ask lots and lots of questions especially if you have recurrent pregnancy loss.
She always took the time to sit down and listen to our concerns and questions. She recognizes the financial and emotional burden this takes on all of us
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth )
Elizabeth is the best. She anticipated everything Dr Hurliman will order or next steps. She is incredibly organized and a great communicator. I never felt like she forgot about me or I was left in the dark
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Expensive. I think more than other clinics. And sometimes hard to get an appt. I’ve learned that I have had to make some appts a couple of months our just to make sure it worked with my work schedule
So far we’ve spent about 25k
She left it up to us

Treated 2016
Dr. Hurliman was very nice and explained things to my husband and I. We were mostly happy with our care but once we had a positive pregnancy result I feel like that was all that was important to her. When we lost our babies there was no follow up.... We did injectables with egg retrival then chromosonal screening on the embryos and froze them. Transfer of one embryo was done as it was the only one with normal chromosomes
The nursing staff [Oregon Reproductive Med] was so easy to work with, understanding, and helpful. To them I never felt like just a number. They were always there when I had a question and if not would always get back in touch with me quickly....When we lost our twins at 12 weeks and I notified the office they never really outreached to me like they cared.... [Cost Of Treatment] We payed 30,000 for services and medication
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Make sure you ask questions through the whole process. You are spending a lot of money and it is a very emotional process. Don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something!
I felt like she cared but once there was a postive pregnancy result after 9 weeks I was released to my regular obgyn. When we lost our twins at 12 weeks and I notified the office they never really outreached to me like they cared.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility.
I feel like the nursing staff was most helpful. There was one nurse that was always so kind and helpful whenever I called with questions. I'm sorry I can't remember her name.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The nursing staff was so easy to work with, understanding, and helpful. To them I never felt like just a number. They were always there when I had a question and if not would always get back in touch with me quickly.
We payed 30,000 for services and medication
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Hurliman is a great communicator who doesn't beat around the bush, but shows compassion. She is an expert in her field, but is not cocky and is easy to talk to. She was always willing to take extra time to answer any questions we had...Don't be afraid to ask questions. No matter how stupid you might think the question is, Dr. Hurliman will always give you an honest answer and never make you feel dumb for asking...
Whitney [nurse at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] was who I talked to when I called in with questions or frustrations. She was absolutely amazing! She was always so patient and never rushed me off the phone. More than once I called crying and confused, and she took the time to comfort me and calm me down. She is filled with hope, but also very realistic. Any question she didn't immediately know the answer to, she would ask Heather and get an answer. Everybody at the clinic was awesome!...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Hurliman and all the staff knew myself and my partner by name.
First, we did three unmedicated cycles of iui. The final three rounds I was on Clomid. The fourth iui resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I am 10 weeks pregnant from the 6th iui. For the first few cycles they did a baseline ultra sound. For all the cycles they did a mid cycle ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
Whitney was who I talked to when I called in with questions or frustrations. She was absolutely amazing! She was always so patient and never rushed me off the phone. More than once I called crying and confused, and she took the time to comfort me and calm me down. She is filled with hope, but also very realistic. Any question she didn't immediately know the answer to, she would ask Heather and get an answer. Everybody at the clinic was awesome!
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The staff at the clinic was very easy to reach and communicate with.

Treated 2015
Dr Hurliman was very knowledgeable and always communicated what the plan was. She did not come across warm or compassionate which made me feel like a number or that she didn’t seem to care. While we always knew what the immediate next step was, I found it frustrating to not know more specifics about the next 2 or three steps depending on how things went.... She switched us to Letrazole. Her explication was that in her experience it worked better for people in my situation.
Overall the clinic [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] felt a little cold to me (emotionally not physical temp) would have liked to feel more compassion during the difficult infertility struggle. They are good at answering questions except when it’s related to the plan ahead more then one step. I found that hard. And The facility is very clean.... Mostly interacted via email with Katy as I think we saw a couple different nurses during our apointments. But the couple times I remember seeing her she was kind, compassionate and easy to talk to.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
To be aware that She does not come across warm or fuzzy
At times I felt as though because we weren’t to the point of spending thousands that we were less important.
Prior to seeing Dr Hurliman we had been using Clomid. She switched us to Letrazole. Her explication was that in her experience it worked better for people in my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katy McShane)
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Overall the clinic felt a little cold to me (emotionally not physical temp) would have liked to feel more compassion during the difficult infertility struggle. They are good at answering questions except when it’s related to the plan ahead more then one step. I found that hard. And The facility is very clean.
The clinic was able to bill my insurance for a couple small tests but 95% was out of pocket.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility.

Dr Hurliman is quite personal and cared about our LGBT family plan...is very thoughtful and direct. She was empathetic and compassionate as well. Much of the communication is through her assistant, but the questions get answered efficiently. She made Time For hone and video visits and our on site evaluation was planned flawlessly with her spending a lot of time getting to know us and our plan and making sure we were satisfied with our questions being answered...Ask questions, she will answer candidly about anything you need or are worried about...IVF with donor egg. ICSI insemination
[ORM Fertility has] Great teams of staff and doctors. We did find a donor through the list they have, but the list of donors was limited and not incredibly diverse with regards to race. This is representative of Portland, however. The team worked well with us, including the lab and embryology team. There was some turnover in finance, which was difficult because we were in the midst of paying and timing things...[nurse was] Caring compassionate and very friendly. She was instrumental in organizing our visit...Cycle with donor fee and medication was about $45000...IVF with donor egg. ICSI insemination
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Dr Hurliman is very thoughtful and direct. She was empathetic and compassionate as well. Much of the communication is through her assistant, but the questions get answered efficiently. She made Time For hone and video visits and our on site evaluation was planned flawlessly with her spending a lot of time getting to know us and our plan and making sure we were satisfied with our questions being answered.
Dr Hurliman is quite personal and cared about our LGBT family plan
IVF with donor egg. ICSI insemination
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Haley)
Cycle with donor fee and medication was about $45000
Single transfer is absolutely the recommendation of Dr Hurliman
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Hurliman is direct, honest, and straightforward. She shows great compassion when needed and I really feel like she’s genuinely trying to help us conceive successfully. She is promptly on time usually and has aided in necessary decision making.... I feel like I can trust what Dr. Hurliman recommends for me. She always maintains eye contact and is direct, doesn’t sugar coat things.... Antagonist protocol- no birth control pills.
Great clinic [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] with clear communication and expectations. They offer IVF classes which prepare you complete and answer all of your questions. The clinic is always clean. Staff is kind and friendly. I sometimes felt rushed but that’s to be expected at such a busy clinic.... [Cost Of Treatment] Very expensive. Spent $34,000 last year and no baby yet.... I feel like I can trust what Dr. Hurliman recommends for me.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
She encourages you to ask questions so don’t hesitate to ask her any questions for clarification.
Compassionate, honest care. I feel like I can trust what Dr. Hurliman recommends for me. She always maintains eye contact and is direct, doesn’t sugar coat things.
Antagonist protocol- no birth control pills. 2 vials of Menopur, 300 units of Follistim, baby Aspirin, pre Natals. Ganarelix was added on cycle day 9. Lots of bloating as a side effect and a 5 pound weight gain. Started off with 6 follicles, but only had 2 by the end of stims on cycle Day 12. Cycle was converted to IUI.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Great clinic with clear communication and expectations. They offer IVF classes which prepare you complete and answer all of your questions. The clinic is always clean. Staff is kind and friendly. I sometimes felt rushed but that’s to be expected at such a busy clinic.
Very expensive. Spent $34,000 last year and no baby yet.
Strong preference on single embryo transfers for women over 35.
Treated 2016
She [Dr. Hurliman] comes across very "matter-of-fact" with less compassion or emotion than I'm used to. On the other hand, she was very professional and helped us get pregnant so I really can't complain with the overall experience...
The [Oregon Repro Med - Port W] clinic is very professional, organized, and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant to work with (esp. the women who would check us in and take our blood)...[Nurse] Katy was easy to work with. Sometimes I got the feeling like I was "bugging" her. Overall, I was pleased with our encounters and enjoyed dealing with her and the rest of the staff...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
She comes across very "matter-of-fact" with less compassion or emotion than I'm used to. On the other hand, she was very professional and helped us get pregnant so I really can't complain with the overall experience.
I trusted her treatment plan for my husband and I and never questioned why she was doing what she was doing. It worked and that's what matters most. She just won't give you the "warm and fuzzies".
The demeanor of Dr. Hurliman is very matter-of-fact / black and white. I'm just not totally used to that style of treatment.
I can't remember much of the specifics and why she decided they were right for us. I do remember that we kept our trust in her throughout the process and tried to be patient.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is very professional, organized, and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant to work with (esp. the women who would check us in and take our blood).
Unfortunately, our insurance did not cover any services coded as "infertility" so overall, the experience was very expensive.
Treated 2015
She [Dr. Amanda Hurliman] was friendly but very blunt. She was knowledgeable and use big words so it's hard to understand the treatment routes and exactly which one would be more successful more expensive less expensive. But over all our experience wasn't horrible... I was fairly Young when my husband and I went to her. We kept getting told by every doctor that we were too young and just keep trying 5 years later getting pregnant naturally had a baby girl. Now been ttc baby #2 for over a year now and nothing.
Wish they [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] made feel more at home or comfortable with them than they did. I wish they cared more like I said I felt like a number more than a patient feel like they were just trying to get money out of me understand IVF is what I was told old but of course during that time I needed to save for it and during that time of saving for it I ended up looking natural herbs up and getting pregnant that way I just wish I would have had more help
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
She was friendly but very blunt. She was knowledgeable and use big words so it's hard to understand the treatment routes and exactly which one would be more successful more expensive less expensive. But over all our experience wasn't horrible
Felt like both! I was fairly Young when my husband and I went to her. We kept getting told by every doctor that we were too young and just keep trying 5 years later getting pregnant naturally had a baby girl. Now been ttc baby #2 for over a year now and nothing.
Did Clomid 3 rounds not all with her with monitoring was told ivf would be our best bet
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Wish they made feel more at home or comfortable with them than they did. I wish they cared more like I said I felt like a number more than a patient feel like they were just trying to get money out of me understand IVF is what I was told old but of course during that time I needed to save for it and during that time of saving for it I ended up looking natural herbs up and getting pregnant that way I just wish I would have had more help
Way out of my spending limits :(
Treated 2015
[Dr. Amanda Hurliman was] Caring and took the time to talk with and check in...She very thoroughly explained with pictures what was happening with my ovaries, pcos. Helpful for me to understand how hormones were working. Was gentle with encouragement to lower bmi but didn't say I couldn't pursue treatment. Did have some issues after using trigger shots a few months in a row, decided to check uterus by more than just ultrasound and found polyp.
The waiting area is small, at peterkort [Oregon Reproductive Medicine]. Not completely private if discussing anything near waiting room or front desk. There are rooms for meeting and of course exam rooms. Artwork in waiting area was dark...People [nurses] took the time to put me at ease. Showed me how to do a trigger shot. Compassionate when we didn't have success...She [Dr. Hurliman] very thoroughly explained with pictures what was happening with my ovaries, pcos. Helpful for me to understand how hormones were working. Was gentle with encouragement to lower bmi but didn't say I couldn't pursue treatment. Did have some issues after using trigger shots a few months in a row, decided to check uterus by more than just ultrasound and found polyp.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Be open. Ask questions. Discuss expectations. Dr. Hurliman will have a conversation with you and help walk you through.
Caring and took the time to talk with and check in.
Letrozole with trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
People took the time to put me at ease. Showed me how to do a trigger shot. Compassionate when we didn't have success.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The waiting area is small, at peterkort. Not completely private if discussing anything near waiting room or front desk. There are rooms for meeting and of course exam rooms. Artwork in waiting area was dark.
Labs, medications, visits, tests, ultrasounds. All out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
If I remember correctly I think that I had received some information/instructions that differed from conversation at appointment and needed further clarification.

Treated 2016 - 2017
She [Dr. Hurliman] was pleasant but did not offer any information or advice unless specifcally asked. No emotion perceived. just facts.... Didn't feel she had any personal opinions/advice. unexplained infertility...my lab results were not interpreted to me. I can view online portal but the values don't mean anything to me. My fsh was high and i wasnt made aware of it. concerned about pcos.... recommended a naturopath
Staff [Oregon Reproductive Med] is very warm and friendly, but Billing dept is not on-site and difficult to reach and communicate with. Pay in person at the time of each visit to avoid the billing department. Insurance coverage for basic labs is confusing. No straight answers.... my lab results were not interpreted to me.... She [Dr. Hurliman] was pleasant but did not offer any information or advice unless specifcally asked. No emotion perceived. just facts.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Didn't feel she had any personal opinions/advice. unexplained infertility.... No explanation of lab results. Went to an accupunturist and she reviewed my labs, noticed my fsh levels were high so she was concerned about pcos.... recommended a naturopath.. why Dr. Hurliman never mentioned it is beyond me.
Come prepared with lots of questions because it's like pulling teeth to get her to tell you anything.
She was pleasant but did not offer any information or advice unless specifcally asked. No emotion perceived. just facts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
Sensitive & compassionate
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Staff is very warm and friendly, but Billing dept is not on-site and difficult to reach and communicate with. Pay in person at the time of each visit to avoid the billing department. Insurance coverage for basic labs is confusing. No straight answers.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr Hurliman sat down at every visit with us and made us feel like we were her only patient. She went into detail about each step of the IVF/IUI process and answered any questions that we had. I like to know every detail and I was more than satisfied that she disclosed all information, good or bad...It is a process and be prepared for many appointments! If you have questions, make sure to ask them!!!
At the very beginning of the IUI process there was some scheduling problems [at Oregon Repro Med]. I was rescheduled a few times and it became an issue, especially when you have to arrange time off work...Katy was the best nurse I could ever ask for! She was prompt in answering questions and didn't rush us out the door...
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
At the very beginning of the IUI process there was some scheduling problems. I was rescheduled a few times and it became an issue, especially when you have to arrange time off work.
Portland Downtown

Treated 2014 - 2016
Dr Hurliman was always very nice, polite and really made us feel like sure cared about us and our attempts to get pregnant...
[Oregon Repro Med- Port W] Clinic was always welcoming. Had no issues with availability even on the weekends. All doctors and nurses we worked with were nice and helpful...
Treated 2015
[Dr. Hurliman was a] very good doctor. We were treated with respect and had successful iui on first attempt...My care team didn't really get to know me but never mixed me up with anyone else either.
They didn't tell us which [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] clinic to go to. I had previously seen Amanda Hurliman at the downtown clinic and when my appointment was supposed to be at the west side clinic, they did not tell me. Instead of apologizing the front desk said "well dr. Hurliman only sees patients at this clinic"
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Very good doctor. We were treated with respect and had successful iui on first attempt
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
They didn't tell us which clinic to go to. I had previously seen Amanda Hurliman at the downtown clinic and when my appointment was supposed to be at the west side clinic, they did not tell me. Instead of apologizing the front desk said "well dr. Hurliman only sees patients at this clinic"

Treated 2016 - 2017
We transferred two and we now have twins. I can’t even imagine having triplets. Thank you Dr. Hurliman for not allowing that!...She was kind, direct, and thorough. I never felt rushed...reviewed my case and told me she felt I had a great chance of getting pregnant and she could help...After my egg retrieval, i had 45 eggs. 24 ended up being tested...I asked what would happen if I had more than 10 embryos after the testing. They assured me that no one has more than 10 and not to worry about it.
They definitely answer all your questions [at ORM Fertility]. To you, everything is unfamiliar but to them, it is what they deal with every day. They are truly experts. They were more expensive than I was hoping and I think I should have been able to do all the pre testing at Kaiser, but they insisted I do it all with them. The pharmacy prices will add another 5k to the estimate they give you. But, for me, it was worth it...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Hurliman reviewed my case and told me she felt I had a great chance of getting pregnant and she could help... and I don’t know what else to say other than I believed her when she said it. I had a gut feeling knowing she would help me make my dream come true.
Don’t be nervous, she is really kind.
She was kind, direct, and thorough. I never felt rushed.
I really can’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katy)
Everyone was so great. My main nurse, Katy, no longer works there but everyone from the front desk to the lady that takes your blood was so kind.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
They definitely answer all your questions. To you, everything is unfamiliar but to them, it is what they deal with every day. They are truly experts. They were more expensive than I was hoping and I think I should have been able to do all the pre testing at Kaiser, but they insisted I do it all with them. The pharmacy prices will add another 5k to the estimate they give you. But, for me, it was worth it.
Total IVf with ICSI and PGS, with meds was about 25k.
I’m glad they only let me transfer two. Because I was like let’s just put in three! I was so desperate I just wanted whatever I could get. We transferred two and we now have twins. I can’t even imagine having triplets. Thank you Dr. Hurliman for not allowing that!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
After my egg retrieval, i had 45 eggs. 24 ended up being tested. The “package” included 10 embryos. I asked what would happen if I had more than 10 embryos after the testing. They assured me that no one has more than 10 and not to worry about it. Well, I had 19 and was charged for 9 extra... at $250 per embryo.
Treated 2013 - 2014
She [Dr. Hurliman] was a good doctor however sometimes I felt like something was missing. She’s nice, gives the information as it is, took into account our hopes, but ? I have a hard time putting my finger on what was missing.... For IUI it was meds, follicle count, ovulation testing and then the iui. We never made it to IVF-because of clinic [ORM Fertility] not the doctor.... From what I remember they were all very nice. The office as a whole kinda had an off feeling to it
The clinic [ORM Fertility] as a whole was disappointing. We called asking to talk to financial multiple times and they never got back to us, once they did they said we made too much to get assistance. I’m sorry but what? When it came to appointments they were great to get us in later because of our drive.... Iui wasn’t horrifyingly expensive- we paid out of pocket, $250-$400 per visit. IVF was not so clear on cost. Again tried to get an idea and wasn’t given much help in navigating the process
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
She was a good doctor however sometimes I felt like something was missing. She’s nice, gives the information as it is, took into account our hopes, but ? I have a hard time putting my finger on what was missing.
I’m not sure that I have any.
She remembered us.
For IUI it was meds, follicle count, ovulation testing and then the iui. We never made it to IVF-because of clinic not the doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility.
From what I remember they were all very nice. The office as a whole kinda had an off feeling to it... but individually they were nice
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic as a whole was disappointing. We called asking to talk to financial multiple times and they never got back to us, once they did they said we made too much to get assistance. I’m sorry but what? When it came to appointments they were great to get us in later because of our drive.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Hurliman is very devoted to helping us succeed in creating our family. I deal with the nurses and MAs a lot in the clinic, which I believe is standard. I know she is trying everything she can to help me.... The clinic [ORM Fertility- Portland] is organized and well run. I would like Dr. Hurliman to call me with unexpected results rather than embryologist and nurses. The nurses are organized and knowledgeable. The facility is clean.... I think the clinic is relatively conservative. Dr Hurliman would not transfer more then 2 embryos
he clinic [ORM Fertility- Portland] is organized and well run. I would like Dr. Hurliman to call me with unexpected results rather than embryologist and nurses. The nurses are organized and knowledgeable. The facility is clean.... I think the clinic is relatively conservative. Dr Hurliman would not transfer more then 2 embryos...Dr. Hurliman is very devoted to helping us succeed in creating our family. I deal with the nurses and MAs a lot in the clinic, which I believe is standard. I know she is trying everything she can to help me
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
Be open with her about your feelings and expectations.
Anatagonist protocol, microdose lupron protocol, lupron flare protocol
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is organized and well run. I would like Dr. Hurliman to call me with unexpected results rather than embryologist and nurses. The nurses are organized and knowledgeable. The facility is clean.
I dont remember. The billing department is not very transparent so this is one place they could definitely improve.

Treated 2014 - 2016
We loved everything about our experience with Dr. Hurliman...We wrestled with single va multiple embryo transfer and Dr Hurliman helped guide us through our decision making, while respecting our desires and allowing us to do what would ultimately be best for our family. I’m so happy she helped us through those decisions - without her support we wouldn’t have our two beautiful babies...It’s been 2 years since my twins were born and we still think of how blessed we were to have such a good experience and such an amazing doctor...
One sperm sample was accidentally thrown out Instead of frozen [at ORM Fertility]. It was a one time mistake and the clinic felt terrible. They were very open about the mistake and apologetic...Loved the clinic - the front desk wasn’t as welcoming and helpful as I would’ve liked but the rest about the clinic was fantastic! I think they may have been going through some turnover at the time as well...We wrestled with single va multiple embryo transfer and Dr Hurliman helped guide us through our decision making, while respecting our desires and allowing us to do what would ultimately be best for our family. I’m so happy she helped us through those decisions - without her support we wouldn’t have our two beautiful babies.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility?
We loved everything about our experience with Dr. Hurliman. It’s been 2 years since my twins were born and we still think of how blessed we were to have such a good experience and such an amazing doctor.
She seemed to care about us and our family.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility.
One sperm sample was accidentally thrown out Instead of frozen. It was a one time mistake and the clinic felt terrible. They were very open about the mistake and apologetic.