7.3

ORM Fertility Washington

Bellevue
1370 116th Ave NE Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98004

We had a very candid long discussion at the beginning of my treatment where she [Dr. Amanda Hurliman] laid out all of my various options and discussed with me my ultimate family goals. I was able to direct exactly what I wanted to happen- she was willing to do more IUIs if I wanted, or to go straight to IVF. I felt like she was always very informed about my care, very excited for me, and very involved in my treatment. Immediately after my FET, I remember she came over to me and just rested her hand on my head in a very supportive gesture which was immensely calming- I felt like we were partners in my treatment. When that transfer resulted in pregnancy, Dr. Hurliman and the entire team were so excited for me.
I loved Katy. She was really responsive, always called me within hours of my appointment to go over my results and my protocol. She was really responsive and an absolute sweetheart....ORM was great- I went to the smaller clinic for the majority of my appointments, which had a smaller staff. That means that I saw the same person for blood draws every time, the same nurse, and my same doctor. I'm not sure if this is consistent with the larger downtown location. I also appreciated ORM's IVF orientation sessions (two of them, overview and injection training)- made me feel very confident in moving through the process.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
I found Dr. Hurliman to be very thorough in explaining every step along the way and making me feel comfortable as we proceeded though the IVF process. I saw her for every single appointment but the egg retrieval, because ORM has the doctors share duties for egg retrieval. She did every single monitoring appointment and my frozen embryo transfer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
I was very happy with my care at ORM under Dr. Hurliman. We had a very candid long discussion at the beginning of my treatment where she laid out all of my various options and discussed with me my ultimate family goals. I was able to direct exactly what I wanted to happen- she was willing to do more IUIs if I wanted, or to go straight to IVF. I felt like she was always very informed about my care, very excited for me, and very involved in my treatment. Immediately after my FET, I remember she came over to me and just rested her hand on my head in a very supportive gesture which was immensely calming- I felt like we were partners in my treatment. When that transfer resulted in pregnancy, Dr. Hurliman and the entire team were so excited for me.
Describe the protocols Amanda Hurliman used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
We started with an IUI while I was doing the basic testing (Clomid Challenge, etc.) Then we moved into stimulation for IVF- I did an antagonist protocol. I can't remember why, but I remember the pros/cons of antagonist vs. one of the lupron protocols were explained to me and I agreed with antagonist. I had 12 days of medication and monitoring because Dr. Hurliman wanted my follicles to develop. I retrieved 21 eggs, 19 of which were mature and 16 of which fertilized with ICSI. I had 8 embryos make it to Day 5, at which time they were biopsied for PGD testing and frozen. I had 7 embryos come back as chromosome-normal. For the frozen embryo transfer, Dr. Hurliman discussed that I could do a "natural" FET or a medicated FET. I chose the medicated because I wanted to make sure that I could control the date of transfer and because I didn't find the injections to be that bad. My single embryo transfer resulted in a pregnancy- I had frequent monitoring with Dr. Hurliman until I was released to my OB-GYN at 10 weeks pregnant. I wish I could have stayed with her for my whole pregnancy because I felt that I got MUCH more individual attention at ORM than at my OB-GYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katy)
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I was able to schedule my monitoring appointments for first thing in the morning, which worked best with my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I believe that the IVF was approx $16k, PGD testing of up to 9 embryos was approx. $5k, and my frozen embryo transfer was approx. $3k. Medications were approx. $2.5k.
Describe Amanda Hurliman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Dr. Hurliman recommended that because I was doing PGD testing I only do a single transfer. We had previously discussed that I didn't want twins so I had never considered transferring more than one. She did go over ORM's statistics of eSET v. multiple embryo transfers for both PGD tested and non-PGD tested embryos.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I didn't feel at all connected to Dr. Hurliman and tried to switch doctors but was told by the clinic manager that it was too late in my cycle to switch. She is difficult to get in touch with so for many cycles I was left feeling like I was in the dark regarding my care and my plan for fertility treatments. When I did have contact with her she was great at explaining things factually but lacked compassion and understanding. Her unavailability- both in terms of her time and emotionally- made me feel not cared for...
From the front desk staff to nursing and MDs [at Oregon Reproductive Medicine - Portland Westside], everyone was rather cold. General lack of compassion at the offices. Terrible experiences with the billing offices, had to demand to see a financial counselor and when I got to the meeting all she did was read me an email she had already sent me. It felt like she was completely unprepared, she was unable to answer my questions, it was a horribly frustrating experience. No information on prior authorizations from my insurance were obtained prior to my treatment deposit being due.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Don't expect to be able to reach her if you have questions or need more in depth explaining of testing or OF your treatment plan.
I went for months without seeing her and didn't feel that she cared about whether or not I conceived. At no point did Dr.Hurliman contact me to ask if I wanted to continue IUI vs move on to IVF. I had to literally beg the staff to put me on her schedule to discuss starting IVF. I never felt like Dr. Hurliman had time for me or really cared about helping me move forward.
I decided that I would go on Clomid, she recommended the dose. I decided that I would do three IUIs- she performed none of them. I decided that I would move from IUI to IVF. None of this was "recommended " by my doctor- she never recommended anything, which made me feel like no one was "driving the bus"
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I had several different coordinators in my year at ORM. The staff turnover and inconsistencies made it very difficult to know who I was supposed to contact with questions. I felt like I just kept getting passed off to different people.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
From the front desk staff to nursing and MDs, everyone was rather cold. General lack of compassion at the offices. Terrible experiences with the billing offices, had to demand to see a financial counselor and when I got to the meeting all she did was read me an email she had already sent me. It felt like she was completely unprepared, she was unable to answer my questions, it was a horribly frustrating experience. No information on prior authorizations from my insurance were obtained prior to my treatment deposit being due.
We were able to use insurance for our treatments. An ongoing frustration has been that ORM did not obtain prior authorization for treatments before requiring my $12,000 IVF deposit. No one from ORM made any effort to help me determine what was covered and what wasn't until I demanded that it be done. I'm sure I wasn't the first patient to use insurance for IVF, but the financial office certainly did not seem as though this was something that they were familiar or comfortable with doing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
A big frustration has been having tests ordered with no explanation as to why they are necessary. A frequent explanation I got from the nursing staff was "that's Dr Hurlimans protocol." That did nothing to explain to me why invasive, expensive tests were needed. This may have been able to be alleviated if I had better communication from my doctor- however, in spite of expressing this to the staff, communications NEVER improved.

2014 - 2016, Successful
...Also, I really like that Dr. Hurliman is part of a larger group at ORM. When my treatment got unexpectedly complicated, she was able to talk with her colleagues, and I felt like I had a team of some of the best doctors in the world recommending next steps for my treatment... I had two surgeries while I was seeking fertility treatment at ORM, and both times Dr. Hurliman called me before and after surgery to check on me even though she didn't do the surgeries. When we found out that my first pregnancy was ectopic, I felt like my whole ORM team mourned the loss with my husband and I. And when we conceived our daughter, the whole office celebrated with us...
My nurses [at Oregon Repro Med - Port NW] were amazing! I always felt like they cared about me and my husband. I think it is really important to feel comfortable asking questions during fertility care, and I never hesitated to call the office or email my questions. I always got a response within 24 hours, and usually within a couple hours of reaching out...The clinic is professional and welcoming. They have everything really streamlined compared to the first clinic we went to. There was a clear process for talking with clinic staff about insurance, financial assistance, scheduling, and medical questions...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
After nearly four years of trying to conceive on our own and at other clinics, we made an appointment with Dr. Hurliman on a friend's recommendation, and from the first visit I knew we had come to the right place. She took a lot of time to talk with us and explained our options thoroughly. She did all of my IVF procedures including egg retrieval, a fresh transfer (two embryos), and two frozen transfers (one embryo each transfer). I always felt confident knowing she was orchestrating my treatment. I needed two surgeries while I was in her care, and she connected me with surgical teams that she trusted, which really put my mind at ease. Even though she didn't do my surgeries, she followed up with me about them before and after to see how I was doing. I went through a lot while I was in Dr. H's care, including a twin pregnancy that ended with one blighted ovum (empty gestational sac) and a complicated ectopic pregnancy. It is heartbreaking to lose a pregnancy after years of trying to conceive, and Dr. Hurliman recognized that. She had just the right mix of compassion and professionalism that helped me get through that devastating time. Also, I really like that Dr. Hurliman is part of a larger group at ORM. When my treatment got unexpectedly complicated, she was able to talk with her colleagues, and I felt like I had a team of some of the best doctors in the world recommending next steps for my treatment. I conceived again after our second frozen embryo transfer, and I continued in Dr. Hurliman's care through my first trimester. If she delivered babies, I would have loved to stay in her care through my whole pregnancy!
To the extent that you can, you can stop worrying about the medical aspects of your treatment while you are Dr. Hurliman's care. She has that covered, so you can spend that energy taking care of yourself instead.
Everyone in the office knew my name when I came in, including the receptionist, the nurses, and the phlebotomist. Dr. Hurliman was always professional and extremely knowledgable, and she was also kind. She took the time to ask us about other things in our lives besides infertility. She and the nurses happily answered all of my questions during my visits, and the nurses always responded to my calls and emails quickly. I had two surgeries while I was seeking fertility treatment at ORM, and both times Dr. Hurliman called me before and after survey to check on me even though she didn't do the surgeries. When we found out that my first pregnancy was ectopic, I felt like my whole ORM team mourned the loss with my husband and I. And when we conceived our daughter, the whole office celebrated with us.
We had already been trying to conceive for four years when we started seeing Dr. Hurliman, and we went right to IVF. I received a detailed calendar for each cycle and treatment. It was really easy to follow my calendar, and when I had questions, my nurse always got back to me within a few hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Katy)
My nurses were amazing! I always felt like they cared about me and my husband. I think it is really important to feel comfortable asking questions during fertility care, and I never hesitated to call the office or email my questions. I always got a response within 24 hours, and usually within a couple hours of reaching out.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
I can't remember the exact cost of our IVF cycle, but we put down a deposit before the cycle started, which was nice because we didn't need to pay for anything during my appointments. The office also did a great job of billing my insurance. And even though IVF wasn't covered, a lot of the office visits and lab work was.
Portland Downtown

She [Dr. Hurliman] is smart, thorough, and compassionate. We always knew what to expect next as she is great about compassionately communicating all potential outcomes, good or bad. We never felt as though we were given false hope, realistic expectations were always communicated to us in a very caring way. And we always felt that if we had any questions or concerns outside of our appointments we could reach out to the clinic and Dr. Hurliman would respond in a very reasonable amount of time...
The ORM Westside clinic is fantastic! It is small and provides personalized service, the way it should be. From scheduling to the lab to the nursing staff, everyone knows you. You are not just another number in their system, you are a real live person, with a real live medical history...Both Katy and Heather (Care Coordinators) were AMAZING! It was so nice to have caring, knowledgable Care Coordinators, as they serve as the link between patients and doctors. We always knew we could reach out the Katy or Heather at any time and we would be responded to very quickly. In addition to us being very satisfied with Dr. Hurliman, these two made our experience with ORM very positive. Dr. Hurliman has a great team, and they two ladies are a vital part of making the practice was it is! ...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr. Hurliman is the best of the best! She is smart, thorough, and compassionate. We always knew what to expect next as she is great about compassionately communicating all potential outcomes, good or bad. We never felt as though we were given false hope, realistic expectations were always communicated to us in a very caring way. And we always felt that if we had any questions or concerns outside of our appointments we could reach out to the clinic and Dr. Hurliman would respond in a very reasonable amount of time. We would highly recommend Dr. Hurliman to an couples seeking fertility treatments!
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Hurliman is very knowledgeable when it comes to fertility treatments. She will give you the facts, without building any false expectations. She is an expert at what she does, but know that fertility treatments don't work for everyone. Dr. Hurliman will tailor your treatment plan to you and your needs, which is why open communication is so vital in the process. Ask questions and provide feedback.
ORM's West clinic is small, which allows for very personalized service. Seeking fertility treatment can be a very scary and emotional process, but all of the staff at ORM was very friendly and compassionate throughout our entire treatment process. They knew us and our story, which helped us feel very comfortable and cared for. At ORM you are not just another number or patient, which is why fertility clinics should stay small. Small clinics with personalized service are few and far between when it comes to Western Medicine. Fertility treatments are a very emotional process for patients, keeping care personalized is imperative for successful outcomes. Thanks ORM!
I remember going to our first injection class, and we were the only patients in the class to be on a Good Responder Antagonist protocol. This was our first IVF process, and of course I was thinking there was something wrong with me because all the other patients in the class were on different protocols than I was. I was confused about why so many other patients were on Agonist protocols and I was not. When I asked Dr. Hurliman she explained in great detail why she had chose that protocol for me, giving me a piece of mind that she had chosen a protocol specific to me and my situation. For me, injections were never easy, and Dr. Hurliman knew that about me. So, prior to starting any new medication or injections Dr. Hurliman went over the purpose for each in detail to help us understand the process on both a small and large scale.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katy McShane & Heather Fivas)
Both Katy and Heather (Care Coordinators) were AMAZING! It was so nice to have caring, knowledgable Care Coordinators, as they serve as the link between patients and doctors. We always knew we could reach out the Katy or Heather at any time and we would be responded to very quickly. In addition to us being very satisfied with Dr. Hurliman, these two made our experience with ORM very positive. Dr. Hurliman has a great team, and they two ladies are a vital part of making the practice was it is! They continued to reach out to us to check in throughout our pregnancy. Half way through my pregnancy we needed to changed OBGYN clinics and Heather and Katy were there to assist with referrals. We now see a OBGYN that we are EXTREMELY pleased with. Thank you Katy & Heather!
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
IVF is expensive, there is no doubt. But, all the costs were stated up front as best as possible. The wildcard in associated costs were what your insurance will and will not cover, specifically related to prescriptions. But, I definitely feel as though all associated costs were stated up front.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Hurliman was amazing to work with. I always saw her for my appointment except for one IUI transfer out of 6. Although many of our encounters were brief it was usually because I had no questions as she had already answered all of them. However, when needed she spent the time explaining things to us or in reassuring us about how things were going. She was always concerned about how we were doing emotionally as well as physically. I would recommend her to anyone!
Katy [Nurse at Oregon Repro Med - Port NW] was wonderful to work with. She checked in periodically and always called with results in a timely manner. She also remembered specifics about my husband and I which I know is hard when there are so many patients. Also the day of my egg retrieval and transfer she sent us emails and left voicemails to wish us luck. She was a joy to have as part of the team...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Don't hesitate to ask clarifying questions. She does a great job at communicating but everyone has different questions and there is no way to cover everything for everyone. She is one doctor who will not make you feel stupid or like you are taking up too much of her time if you ask the questions you are wondering about so do it.
Throughout the process she was always checking to see how we were doing emotionally. She also asked how life was going otherwise. Also even after a break from infertility treatments she remembered us.
Initially we tried to IUI with medication and did 6 rounds. We did 6 instead of the standard 4 because of cervical stenosis problems making it unclear whether the first 2 were as successful as they could have been. Due to my age (relatively young) and no other known risk factors or reasons for infertility it was thought it could be secondary to genetic issues either with my eggs or my husband's sperm. For that reason, when we decided to do IVF she recommended (although did not push) that we do CCS. It turns out that was a good idea as we had a low yield of embryos as compared to the number of eggs that were retrieved and of those embryos half had problems genetically. I did have problems with mild ovarian hyperstim but do not remember the specifics regarding the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katy McShane)
Katy was wonderful to work with. She checked in periodically and always called with results in a timely manner. She also remembered specifics about my husband and I which I know is hard when there are so many patients. Also the day of my egg retrieval and transfer she sent us emails and left voicemails to wish us luck. She was a joy to have as part of the team.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
It was very easy to check in and check out. The receptionist very early on learned who I was and would check me in without having to wait at the counter. The one issue I had with the clinic was it's billing process. At times it was very confusing - sometimes I would be asked to make a payment after a visit and sometimes I was told I was up to date but then would get a bill later in the mail. The bills were also very confusing regarding dates and what I was being billed for. The only other concern I had was with the scheduling. I would often ask for the earliest or latest appointment on a certain day and would be offered a time but I found if I said anything later or anything earlier? there typically was a later or earlier time available. So for new patient's, don't hesitate to continue asking about certain times if you need them rather than just taking what is offered.
Overall cost for the 6 IUIs was around $8000 including medication, ultrasounds, testing, and visits with Dr. Hurliman. 1 round of IVF with all the fixings =) (ICSI, CCS, medication, egg retrieval and transfer, tests, ultrasounds, visits with Dr. Hurliman, as well as post-transfer monitoring) was around $25,000. Insurance did not cover anything until after I became pregnant.

IUI With Other Docs
She [Dr. Hurliman] is very good at adjusting her plan as needed so don't be afraid to talk to her about it...She gets to know you and your family. The treatment is very personalized so they need to know your lifestyle and needs... The initial treatment was very smooth and as we inched closer to ovarian stimulation, we found a cyst which would push back egg retrieval. Though it was very disappointing, Amanda comforted us in the process and explained why it should be postponed and when we could start back up. I saw her several times during this process...
Katy [Nurse at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] is very responsive and a pleasure to have assisting with care. She was always ensuring I was aware of the next steps and would check up on us throughout the process. I could email Katy at any time if I had concerns. She was always willing to work through concerns or issues or share in the joy of procedures that went well. She was definitely a key component to making this process work and I couldn't have imagined it without her.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Amanda is very thorough. She explained everything on the first day to us as if we had no knowledge of the procedures or options. Once we shared that we had done extensive research and knew what we wanted she skipped to details that would matter most to us. We explained we wanted to start as soon as possible so she immediately had us start the preliminary testing. This was very important to us as she was actually listening to what we wanted. The initial treatment was very smooth and as we inched closer to ovarian stimulation, we found a cyst which would push back egg retrieval. Though it was very disappointing, Amanda comforted us in the process and explained why it should be postponed and when we could start back up. I saw her several times during this process. Finally once it was gone, she continued the procedure just as promised. We even experienced an ice storm in the middle of the ovarian simulation process and were unable to get to an appointment the day before egg retrieval. Amanda thoroughly went through our his history and determined that the missed appointment would probably be okay, and it was. Egg retrieval was done the next day with another doctor but this was explained to us prior to it being done. Transfer was done roughly 6 weeks later with Amanda at the NW location which means she needed to leave her office to come to another facility for the procedure. She did a great job with the transfer, it was fast and professional. Amanda is extremely knowledgeable and has proven to be able to handle any situation that comes her way. I saw her most of my cycle with the exception of egg retrieval procedures. She was even willing to have a phone appointment. Thanks to Amanda, we are expecting a beautiful baby girl and baby boy in a few months. Amanda was so involved that we have promised to come see her once they are born!
It is very important to be straight forward with what you want or need. She is very good at adjusting her plan as needed so don't be afraid to talk to her about it.
Amanda and her team are very personable. She gets to know you and your family. The treatment is very personalized so they need to know your lifestyle and needs. It was a great experience.
We did the Ganirelix Protocol based on my test results. During the process, I took Doxycycline, Lupron, OCPs, Menopur, Ganirelix trigger shot, baby aspirin, daily injections of progesterone and twice a week injections of Estrogen (during and after transfer), suppositories of progesterone 3 times a day (after transfer). These were not all done at the same time. They were spaced as necessary.
Katy is very responsive and a pleasure to have assisting with care. She was always ensuring I was aware of the next steps and would check up on us throughout the process. I could email Katy at any time if I had concerns. She was always willing to work through concerns or issues or share in the joy of procedures that went well. She was definitely a key component to making this process work and I couldn't have imagined it without her.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The Clinic is very professional and has a pleasant feel to it. Staff is very helpful and willing to assist in getting you the care you need especially if the person you need is away. They were willing to work with me when I confused the time of my appointment and worked me in. You will want to keep track of your own payments and charges as sometimes they can't see that you have a credit on your account and ask for payment. Once you mention it, they will resolve it. We didn't get to speak with a financial counselor but it all worked out in the end. So if financial topics are your concern, be sure to request a meeting with your financial coordinator. I never had problems working with the financial staff when I was confused about billings and they were always willing to assist. The phlebotomist at Westside is the best (Geri). She was always pleasant and reassuring when I was there which was often. The office are updated and always extremely clean. There is no doubt they care about you, your care and the environment that you receive it in. Weekend Nurse staffing is excellent and helped put me at ease if I had concerns.
Costs are patient specific. They are broken into pre-treatment testing, phase 1 which will include any exams and egg retrieval procedures, Phase 2 which is your basic transfer charges. ICSI, Genetic Testing and other procedures you opt for will be in addition. The finance team will give you a great breakdown of the costs. Prescriptions are paid to the pharmacy you pick it up at and is not included in the cost estimate. Be aware if your cycle cancels, you will have additional costs due to the increased number of exams and visits. Acupuncture may be recommended so note that will be paid separately as well... but completely worth it. The first deposit will cover the basic costs of Phase 1 and the second deposit will cover the basic costs of Phase 2. All RML (laboratory) expenses are paid to ORM and they will coordinate payment to the lab.
Portland Westside

Dr. Hurliman is a compassionate and caring Dr. that you can tell truly cares about her patients. She explained everything to us throughly and I never felt like I was uninformed about what the plan was or what the next step would be. Going through fertility help was one of the most difficult and heart wrenching experiences I've ever gone through and I needed a Dr. like her that was gentle and caring but also didn't give false hope. I felt like I knew what we were up against but I had a team that went beyond my husband and I that was going to do everything in their power to give us our dream of becoming parents...
Katy [nurse at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] was completely on top of it! We absolutely loved her and are so thankful she was our nurse. She was always available to answer questions we had (which were many) and I knew she was always just a call away. She was so incredibly supportive, caring and informative. I honestly can't express enough how much I appreciate her and the rest of the staff...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Go into the experience knowing that if it is possible they will get you there! Expect a caring Dr. that will keep you well informed and wants the best for you.
I felt as though I had a relationship with Dr. Hurliman where I was able to completely trust that she cared about us and truly wanted to see us through as parents. I felt like she truly knew us on a personal level and could tell when I was worried or nervous about something without me even having to say that I was and she took the extra time to explain things to me as well as encourage me without giving false hope.
We were very hesitant to go do ivf and wanted to try several cycles of iui first and use ivf as the absolute last result. Dr. Hurliman let us do 4 or 5 cycles of iui before we went into the ivf process. During that time I was on letrozole and trigger shots and my husband was on clomid. Once we started the ivf process my husband continued the clomid while I started on injections and birth control. I do not remember all the names of the meds during this time or the dosage
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katy Shane)
Katy was completely on top of it! We absolutely loved her and are so thankful she was our nurse. She was always available to answer questions we had (which were many) and I knew she was always just a call away. She was so incredibly supportive, caring and informative. I honestly can't express enough how much I appreciate her and the rest of the staff
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. From the Dr.'s to the receptionist we had nothing but postie experiences with everyone.
It was over $20,000
Portland Westside

Dr. Hurliman is a very nice woman. Like many doctors she is sometimes over burdened. I had to make sure and ask questions, otherwise I sometimes felt that things were not thoroughly explained. She is good at explaining things and I felt like she gave us all the facts, with reasonable expectations.
[Oregon Reproductive Medicine's] West side is great. I feel like the downtown location is sometimes lacking in bedside manner as far as the nurses and receptionists are concerned. The phlebotamist at the west side location (Jerri) is my favorite. She just makes the whole thing easier... loved Heather. She gave me her e-mail and I was able to do a lot of corresponding with her that way....So expensive! IVF in total was probably about 20K with ICSI, No CCS testing. fresh transfer
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr. Hurliman is a very nice woman. Like many doctors she is sometimes over burdened. I had to make sure and ask questions, otherwise I sometimes felt that things were not thoroughly explained. She is good at explaining things and I fell like she gave us all the facts, with reasonable expectations.
Ask questions! Be your own heath care advocate. Sometimes she gets busy, remind her, or ask questions.
I like dr. Hurliman and her staff at the west side location. She is always friendly and honest. You have to be assertive and ask questions, otherwise a lot may be left unexplained or unsaid.
My husband and I had 3 rounds of IUI. One with Chlomid and two with Femara. Both were unsuccessful. We tried naturally for 6 months, then proceeded to IVF with ICSI with a fresh transfer. I responded well to the femara and chlomid so I was put on a good responder antagonist protocol which was perfect for me. I deviated from my original IVF calendar by only one day of additional meds. We did a fresh transfer and I am now 5 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Heather Fivas)
I loved Heather. She gave me her e-mail and I was able to do a lot of corresponding with her that way. She was always prompt, and compassionate. No question was too small which I greatly appreciated. She was so down to earth and made me feel as if all of my fears and questions were perfectly reasonable.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
small things. Once they forgot to call in my prescription

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Hurliman] explained every step with great details and drawings. I still have them today. She made us feel comfortable. She gave us options while also inserting her opinion. She followed up with me even when not necessary...She tells it like it is. Very matter of fact but also is compassionate....She listened well and you could tell she wanted to help us have a family....IUI with femara only 1 time since I had done this 4 times prior without success. She recommended I do this 6 times total but the last one was cancelled due to a cyst
They [Oregon Repro Med - Port W] were almost always on time. There are so many options when calling that it is hard to get to who you want to talk to without waiting several minutes...There are two locations. I had an appointment at the new clinic downtown and the receptionist wrote the address on my appointment card, when I showed up, they said it was the other location. My signed contract with my husband and I was sent in twice and "received" and then "lost."
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
She explained every step with great details and drawings. I still have them today. She made us feel comfortable. She gave us options while also inserting her opinion. She followed up with me even when not necessary.
She tells it like it is. Very matter of fact but also is compassionate.
She listened well and you could tell she wanted to help us have a family.
IUI with femara only 1 time since I had done this 4 times prior without success. She recommended I do this 6 times total but the last one was cancelled due to a cyst. Once we moved to IVF I was prepared for a frozen transfer due to the large amount of eggs they were expected to receive since I have PCOS. I did injectables in the abdomen for 10-14 days in early October and then I had my frozen transfer in mid December. I started progesterone and estradiol injections in November, progesterone daily and estradiol twice weekly. This continued until mid February.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
They were almost always on time. There are so many options when calling that it is hard to get to who you want to talk to without waiting several minutes.
Around $25,000 total.
I hear of some clinics where they will only let you transfer one embryo the first time so I wondered why we had the option of 1 or 2. Our goal was to have one baby but so much had failed and I didn't want to go through more injections and another transfer so we chose 2. I ended up having horribly complicated pregnancy because my body/uterus/cervix could not handle two babies but no one could have predicted that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
There are two locations. I had an appointment at the new clinic downtown and the receptionist wrote the address on my appointment card, when I showed up, they said it was the other location. My signed contract with my husband and I was sent in twice and "received" and then "lost." Both copies were then recovered later and they apologized.

2015, Unsuccessful
As a patient, I feel like there was an overall lack of a compassionate bedside manner. This does not just apply to Dr. Hurliman, but to most of the staff I encountered at the clinic. I definitely felt like I was just a number and a dollar sign. For something so personal to me and my husband, I feel like Dr. Hurliman knew nothing about us as people and didn't even try to get to know us. In and out... as quickly as possible.
In my opinion, the weaknesses of this clinic [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] include an overall lack of compassion for patients, improper billing of insurance, failure to explain treatment options and procedures thoroughly without prompting. The strengths would be that it's open every day if you need to get in for an appointment.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Take time to get to know your patients. Offer more information... not just when prompted by questions. It's hard to know what to ask when you're just starting down the infertility path.
Dr. Hurliman always seemed rushed when I saw her like she had to move quickly in order to get to another patient. She wouldn't readily give information out, it felt like I had to dig for answers and ask all of the questions.
Dr. Hurliman only prescribed clomid for me with IUI's. I wish she would have told me injectibles with IUI were a possibility. I was probably on clomid for too long, according to my new RE, who switched my protocol immediately upon reviewing my case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
The best person at ORM is the phlebotomist. She drew my blood perfectly, on the first time, every time. I just felt lost in the shuffle by the rest of the staff at ORM.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
In my opinion, the weaknesses of this clinic include an OVERALL LACK OF COMPASSION for patients, improper billing of insurance, failure to explain treatment options and procedures thoroughly without prompting. The strengths would be that it's open every day if you need to get in for an appointment.
As mentioned before, ORM will make you pay up front for some things (like medication) without billing your insurance first. My insurance was not too pleased with that protocol.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I showed up for SCHEDULED appointments twice, which they had neglected to schedule. The billing of insurance is a nightmare at this clinic. They would make me pay for some drugs up front, without billing my insurance first.
2015, Successful
Dr. Hurliman and her team really care about their patients, and I received amazing support during my three IVF cycles...She is a brilliant doctor that listens to her patients, laughed with me on the good days, and offered compassion on the tough days. I always felt like she was on MY team. I wasn’t just a number. She deeply cared about me and kept tweaking my IVF cycles/meds to try and help me succeed in having the baby I desired so deeply. I have tears in my eyes as I’m writing this...
...I did have some issues with billing [at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] that were resolved quickly. I was sent a few bills for misc. things when I had already paid the deposit. I contacted the billing department and they told me to ignore the bills they were an error. After I became pregnant I had to contact billing for a refund of the credit we had with them. This was not an issue, just something to be aware of...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
I did three IVF cycles with Dr. Hurliman, and she was amazing throughout the entire process. I was diagnosed with DOR a few months before my 34th birthday. We were trying for our second child, and the diagnosis totally devastated me. I cried through the entire first few meetings my husband and I had with Dr. Hurliman. She was very kind, but let me know that my chance of success was more in-line with the over 43 year old group (my FSH was very high 21.42). Dr. Hurliman suggested donor eggs would be my best chance of success, but I wasn't ready for that and wanted to try with my own eggs. Dr. Hurliman listened to me, and we came up with a plan to move forward. I never felt that she pushed donor eggs on me, and I greatly appreciated that. However, she did provide realistic expectations - My chance of success using my own eggs was low. My first two cycles were canceled at different stages of the IVF process. My third IVF cycle wasn't looking much better (only 2 mature follicles). Dr. Hurliman gave me the option to cancel that cycle or proceed. I decided I had zero chance of success if I didn't try, so I went forward with the retrieval. One egg fertilized, and on day 5 it was a day behind in development, but I decided to proceed with the fresh transfer. On the day of the transfer I remember telling my nurse Heather “It’s a beautiful day for a miracle." I now have a perfectly healthy 3 month old baby girl. There were many times during this process that Dr. Hurliman could of gave up on me. With my high FSH she could of refused me service from the time I first walked in her door like many other fertility clinics would of done, but she didn’t. She could of let me know I wasn’t a candidate for IVF using my own eggs, but she didn’t. She could of canceled my third cycle without giving me the option to proceed, but she didn’t. Dr. Hurliman never gave up on me, and I love her for it. I wouldn’t have my miracle baby without her. She is a brilliant doctor that listens to her patients, laughed with me on the good days, and offered compassion on the tough days. I always felt like she was on MY team. I wasn’t just a number. She deeply cared about me and kept tweaking my IVF cycles/meds to try and help me succeed in having the baby I desired so deeply. I have tears in my eyes as I’m writing this. It was a rough year, but we did it Dr. H!!! My baby girl is perfect in every way, and we love her so much. There are no words to express how grateful we are to Dr. Hurliman. I highly recommend her to anyone needing fertility services.
Get as healthy as you can for your fertility treatment(s). I lost 25 lbs., ate only organic foods - lots of fruits and vegetables, followed an alkaline diet, eliminated foods from my diet (sugar, caffeine, wheat, dairy and alcohol), took a bunch of herbal supplements & Chinese herbal tea, walked an hour or more daily, quit my job as a graphic designer to reduce stress in my life, listened to the Circle+Bloom IVF & IUI relaxation and meditation CDs every night, and did acupuncture twice a week (moxa sticks & hot foot baths too!). I'm not sure if any of these things helped or not, but I know it helped me emotionally. Gave me a sense of control in a situation I had no control over. It helped to be working toward something. Dr. Hurliman didn't suggest theses things specifically, so do your own research and try things that make sense to you. Even if it seems crazy - who cares! Dosen't hurt to try things. I know I was desperate for a successful outcome, and now I have my little miracle.
Me = 34 years old; Diagnosis = DOR; AMH = 0.33; FSH = 21.42; Husband = Low sperm count. IVF Cycle 1 = Lupron 40 Flare with Omnitrope protocol. 150 Menopur and 300-425 Follistim. We thought we had 4 mature follicles, but ended up just having 3 mature eggs at collection. One egg fertilized, and on day 5 it was a day behind in development so we gave it an extra day. It arrested and the cycle was canceled. IVF Cycle 2 = Antagonist protocol converted to HMG/IUI. Follistim 150. Only 2 mature follicles, so we thought we could do better and canceled the cycle before egg collection. The IUI was unsuccessful. This was the 4th IUI I tried (3 with my OBGYN before I came to ORM - all unsuccessful). IVF Cycle 3 = Estrogen Priming Antagonist protocol. 150 Menopur and 300-425 Follistim. Only two mature follicles, two mature eggs collected, one egg fertilized, and day 5 it was a day behind in development but we went ahead with the fresh transfer on day 5. I now have a perfectly healthy 3 month old baby girl. I am so thankful to my ORM team!
I LOVE Heather!!! I always looked forward to seeing her at all my appointments. Sitting and talking with her was like talking to a lifelong friend. She cares so much about her patients, and would do anything to help me during this very difficult process. I truly don't know what I would of done with out her. She made a huge difference in my treatment. My husband was out of town a lot for work during my IVF cycles, so I had to administer all the shots to myself. I kept messing up my doses, and Heather would always laugh with me and show me what I was doing wrong. She even drew a bullseye on my rear end for the progesterone shots. One cycle I did 8 shots a day, the other two I did six. It was such a stressful time, and I wanted to make sure I did everything correctly. A few times I cried in frustration to Heather, and she always did anything she could to help. I had difficulty with one med in particular, and for my last cycle she even put all the doses in syringes for me so I didn't have to worry about getting it right. After I got pregnant, and I would come in for my scans to make sure everything was alright, I remember her waiting outside my door with tears in her eyes hoping for good news. Heather was rooting for me every step of the way. She will forever have a friend in me. She went above and beyond her role at ORM, and I will forever be grateful to her. Love that girl!!!
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Very pleased with Dr. Hurliman, nurse Heather Fivas, and the rest of their staff. I did have some issues with billing that were resolved quickly. I was sent a few bills for misc. things when I had already paid the deposit. I contacted the billing department and they told me to ignore the bills they were an error. After I became pregnant I had to contact billing for a refund of the credit we had with them. This was not an issue, just something to be aware of. It's not automatically refunded after a successful pregnancy. Also, when we first became patients at ORM my husband went in to provide a sperm sample for freezing, and he was told he needed to take a few tests before he could leave his sample. He didn't realize that ORM hadn't received our medical records from Kaiser yet, and he had already taken the tests - $500 wasted. Make sure ORM has received your medical records before leaving sperm samples!
ORM 3 rounds of IVF (2 rounds canceled at different stages) = $28,551.00 Medications = $16,256.67 Acupuncture = $3,600 Oregon Anesthesiology = $1,134 Labs/IUI's outside of ORM = $1,458.33 TOTAL COST = $51,000 Kaiser only covered the IUI's we did with them - Not our IVF treatments. The itemized info above was 100% out of pocket. Worth every penny!!!

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
I feel like Dr. Hurliman is very invested in our case. She has been very supportive and I feel she is truly rooting for us to have success.... My wife and I have had many struggles throughout this process. Dr. Hurliman has always been able to give us hope that the next step will work. Each step of this process is difficult to cope with and process. Dr. Hurliman has been able to aid us through the hurt of not yet having success and instilling hope for the next attempt. Each time we have a set back Dr. Hurliman has been able to adjust our process to give us the best chance for success.
The transition between the two locations [Oregon Repro Med] is both convenient and difficult. It's nice to have a consistent location where you go every time, but I enjoy the fresh change meeting at a different location. The rotation of doctors conducting the procedures can seem daunting but there are several sets of eyes on your case.... Every member of the team is very supportive. I feel that they are invested in our success and have felt the disappointment with the lack there of.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Be patient. This process doesn't just happen over night, and it is easy to get caught up in the instant gratification environment of today. Dr. Hurliman takes time for your relationship to build but with patience it is a rewarding one. She is. Invested in her patience.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The transition between the two locations is both convenient and difficult. It's nice to have a consistent location where you go every time, but I enjoy the fresh change meeting at a different location. The rotation of doctors conducting the procedures can seem daunting but there are several sets of eyes on your case.
Portland Westside
She [Dr. Hurliman] always took the time to sit down and listen to our concerns and questions. She recognizes the financial and emotional burden this takes on all of us... We started with letrozole for close to a year and after 2 miscarriages she felt like ivf with genetic testing was our best shot since it would give us the most info re egg quality.... While she is incredibly intelligent and nearly everything she predicted to happen,
Expensive. I think more than other clinics. And sometimes hard to get an appt. [at Oregon Reproductive Med] I’ve learned that I have had to make some appts a couple of months our just to make sure it worked with my work schedule... There was one instance when one of their nurses failed to reach me despite bei instructed to call me at work. Which resulted in a 2 month delay of the cycle... Elizabeth is the best. She anticipated everything Dr Hurliman will order or next steps.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
While she is incredibly intelligent and nearly everything she predicted to happen, did. However our we have had a possibly major hiccup with our ivf process, which I wish I would have known was a possibility prior to egg retrieval.
Ask lots and lots of questions especially if you have recurrent pregnancy loss.
She always took the time to sit down and listen to our concerns and questions. She recognizes the financial and emotional burden this takes on all of us
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth )
Elizabeth is the best. She anticipated everything Dr Hurliman will order or next steps. She is incredibly organized and a great communicator. I never felt like she forgot about me or I was left in the dark
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Expensive. I think more than other clinics. And sometimes hard to get an appt. I’ve learned that I have had to make some appts a couple of months our just to make sure it worked with my work schedule
So far we’ve spent about 25k
She left it up to us

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Hurliman was very nice and explained things to my husband and I. We were mostly happy with our care but once we had a positive pregnancy result I feel like that was all that was important to her. When we lost our babies there was no follow up.... We did injectables with egg retrival then chromosonal screening on the embryos and froze them. Transfer of one embryo was done as it was the only one with normal chromosomes
The nursing staff [Oregon Reproductive Med] was so easy to work with, understanding, and helpful. To them I never felt like just a number. They were always there when I had a question and if not would always get back in touch with me quickly....When we lost our twins at 12 weeks and I notified the office they never really outreached to me like they cared.... [Cost Of Treatment] We payed 30,000 for services and medication
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Make sure you ask questions through the whole process. You are spending a lot of money and it is a very emotional process. Don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something!
I felt like she cared but once there was a postive pregnancy result after 9 weeks I was released to my regular obgyn. When we lost our twins at 12 weeks and I notified the office they never really outreached to me like they cared.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I feel like the nursing staff was most helpful. There was one nurse that was always so kind and helpful whenever I called with questions. I'm sorry I can't remember her name.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The nursing staff was so easy to work with, understanding, and helpful. To them I never felt like just a number. They were always there when I had a question and if not would always get back in touch with me quickly.
We payed 30,000 for services and medication
Portland Westside
Dr. Hurliman is a great communicator who doesn't beat around the bush, but shows compassion. She is an expert in her field, but is not cocky and is easy to talk to. She was always willing to take extra time to answer any questions we had...Don't be afraid to ask questions. No matter how stupid you might think the question is, Dr. Hurliman will always give you an honest answer and never make you feel dumb for asking...
Whitney [nurse at Oregon Repro Med - Port W] was who I talked to when I called in with questions or frustrations. She was absolutely amazing! She was always so patient and never rushed me off the phone. More than once I called crying and confused, and she took the time to comfort me and calm me down. She is filled with hope, but also very realistic. Any question she didn't immediately know the answer to, she would ask Heather and get an answer. Everybody at the clinic was awesome!...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr. Hurliman and all the staff knew myself and my partner by name.
First, we did three unmedicated cycles of iui. The final three rounds I was on Clomid. The fourth iui resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I am 10 weeks pregnant from the 6th iui. For the first few cycles they did a baseline ultra sound. For all the cycles they did a mid cycle ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
Whitney was who I talked to when I called in with questions or frustrations. She was absolutely amazing! She was always so patient and never rushed me off the phone. More than once I called crying and confused, and she took the time to comfort me and calm me down. She is filled with hope, but also very realistic. Any question she didn't immediately know the answer to, she would ask Heather and get an answer. Everybody at the clinic was awesome!
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The staff at the clinic was very easy to reach and communicate with.

2015, Successful
Dr Hurliman was very knowledgeable and always communicated what the plan was. She did not come across warm or compassionate which made me feel like a number or that she didn’t seem to care. While we always knew what the immediate next step was, I found it frustrating to not know more specifics about the next 2 or three steps depending on how things went.... She switched us to Letrazole. Her explication was that in her experience it worked better for people in my situation.
Overall the clinic [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] felt a little cold to me (emotionally not physical temp) would have liked to feel more compassion during the difficult infertility struggle. They are good at answering questions except when it’s related to the plan ahead more then one step. I found that hard. And The facility is very clean.... Mostly interacted via email with Katy as I think we saw a couple different nurses during our apointments. But the couple times I remember seeing her she was kind, compassionate and easy to talk to.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
To be aware that She does not come across warm or fuzzy
At times I felt as though because we weren’t to the point of spending thousands that we were less important.
Prior to seeing Dr Hurliman we had been using Clomid. She switched us to Letrazole. Her explication was that in her experience it worked better for people in my situation.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Overall the clinic felt a little cold to me (emotionally not physical temp) would have liked to feel more compassion during the difficult infertility struggle. They are good at answering questions except when it’s related to the plan ahead more then one step. I found that hard. And The facility is very clean.
The clinic was able to bill my insurance for a couple small tests but 95% was out of pocket.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr Hurliman is quite personal and cared about our LGBT family plan...is very thoughtful and direct. She was empathetic and compassionate as well. Much of the communication is through her assistant, but the questions get answered efficiently. She made Time For hone and video visits and our on site evaluation was planned flawlessly with her spending a lot of time getting to know us and our plan and making sure we were satisfied with our questions being answered...Ask questions, she will answer candidly about anything you need or are worried about...IVF with donor egg. ICSI insemination
[ORM Fertility has] Great teams of staff and doctors. We did find a donor through the list they have, but the list of donors was limited and not incredibly diverse with regards to race. This is representative of Portland, however. The team worked well with us, including the lab and embryology team. There was some turnover in finance, which was difficult because we were in the midst of paying and timing things...[nurse was] Caring compassionate and very friendly. She was instrumental in organizing our visit...Cycle with donor fee and medication was about $45000...IVF with donor egg. ICSI insemination
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr Hurliman is very thoughtful and direct. She was empathetic and compassionate as well. Much of the communication is through her assistant, but the questions get answered efficiently. She made Time For hone and video visits and our on site evaluation was planned flawlessly with her spending a lot of time getting to know us and our plan and making sure we were satisfied with our questions being answered.
Dr Hurliman is quite personal and cared about our LGBT family plan
IVF with donor egg. ICSI insemination
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Haley)
Cycle with donor fee and medication was about $45000
Single transfer is absolutely the recommendation of Dr Hurliman
Portland Westside
Dr. Hurliman is direct, honest, and straightforward. She shows great compassion when needed and I really feel like she’s genuinely trying to help us conceive successfully. She is promptly on time usually and has aided in necessary decision making.... I feel like I can trust what Dr. Hurliman recommends for me. She always maintains eye contact and is direct, doesn’t sugar coat things.... Antagonist protocol- no birth control pills.
Great clinic [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] with clear communication and expectations. They offer IVF classes which prepare you complete and answer all of your questions. The clinic is always clean. Staff is kind and friendly. I sometimes felt rushed but that’s to be expected at such a busy clinic.... [Cost Of Treatment] Very expensive. Spent $34,000 last year and no baby yet.... I feel like I can trust what Dr. Hurliman recommends for me.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
She encourages you to ask questions so don’t hesitate to ask her any questions for clarification.
Compassionate, honest care. I feel like I can trust what Dr. Hurliman recommends for me. She always maintains eye contact and is direct, doesn’t sugar coat things.
Antagonist protocol- no birth control pills. 2 vials of Menopur, 300 units of Follistim, baby Aspirin, pre Natals. Ganarelix was added on cycle day 9. Lots of bloating as a side effect and a 5 pound weight gain. Started off with 6 follicles, but only had 2 by the end of stims on cycle Day 12. Cycle was converted to IUI.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Great clinic with clear communication and expectations. They offer IVF classes which prepare you complete and answer all of your questions. The clinic is always clean. Staff is kind and friendly. I sometimes felt rushed but that’s to be expected at such a busy clinic.
Very expensive. Spent $34,000 last year and no baby yet.
Strong preference on single embryo transfers for women over 35.
Portland Westside

She [Dr. Hurliman] comes across very "matter-of-fact" with less compassion or emotion than I'm used to. On the other hand, she was very professional and helped us get pregnant so I really can't complain with the overall experience...
The [Oregon Repro Med - Port W] clinic is very professional, organized, and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant to work with (esp. the women who would check us in and take our blood)...[Nurse] Katy was easy to work with. Sometimes I got the feeling like I was "bugging" her. Overall, I was pleased with our encounters and enjoyed dealing with her and the rest of the staff...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
She comes across very "matter-of-fact" with less compassion or emotion than I'm used to. On the other hand, she was very professional and helped us get pregnant so I really can't complain with the overall experience.
I trusted her treatment plan for my husband and I and never questioned why she was doing what she was doing. It worked and that's what matters most. She just won't give you the "warm and fuzzies".
The demeanor of Dr. Hurliman is very matter-of-fact / black and white. I'm just not totally used to that style of treatment.
I can't remember much of the specifics and why she decided they were right for us. I do remember that we kept our trust in her throughout the process and tried to be patient.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The clinic is very professional, organized, and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant to work with (esp. the women who would check us in and take our blood).
Unfortunately, our insurance did not cover any services coded as "infertility" so overall, the experience was very expensive.
2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Amanda Hurliman] was friendly but very blunt. She was knowledgeable and use big words so it's hard to understand the treatment routes and exactly which one would be more successful more expensive less expensive. But over all our experience wasn't horrible... I was fairly Young when my husband and I went to her. We kept getting told by every doctor that we were too young and just keep trying 5 years later getting pregnant naturally had a baby girl. Now been ttc baby #2 for over a year now and nothing.
Wish they [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] made feel more at home or comfortable with them than they did. I wish they cared more like I said I felt like a number more than a patient feel like they were just trying to get money out of me understand IVF is what I was told old but of course during that time I needed to save for it and during that time of saving for it I ended up looking natural herbs up and getting pregnant that way I just wish I would have had more help
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
She was friendly but very blunt. She was knowledgeable and use big words so it's hard to understand the treatment routes and exactly which one would be more successful more expensive less expensive. But over all our experience wasn't horrible
Felt like both! I was fairly Young when my husband and I went to her. We kept getting told by every doctor that we were too young and just keep trying 5 years later getting pregnant naturally had a baby girl. Now been ttc baby #2 for over a year now and nothing.
Did Clomid 3 rounds not all with her with monitoring was told ivf would be our best bet
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Wish they made feel more at home or comfortable with them than they did. I wish they cared more like I said I felt like a number more than a patient feel like they were just trying to get money out of me understand IVF is what I was told old but of course during that time I needed to save for it and during that time of saving for it I ended up looking natural herbs up and getting pregnant that way I just wish I would have had more help
Way out of my spending limits :(
2015, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Amanda Hurliman was] Caring and took the time to talk with and check in...She very thoroughly explained with pictures what was happening with my ovaries, pcos. Helpful for me to understand how hormones were working. Was gentle with encouragement to lower bmi but didn't say I couldn't pursue treatment. Did have some issues after using trigger shots a few months in a row, decided to check uterus by more than just ultrasound and found polyp.
The waiting area is small, at peterkort [Oregon Reproductive Medicine]. Not completely private if discussing anything near waiting room or front desk. There are rooms for meeting and of course exam rooms. Artwork in waiting area was dark...People [nurses] took the time to put me at ease. Showed me how to do a trigger shot. Compassionate when we didn't have success...She [Dr. Hurliman] very thoroughly explained with pictures what was happening with my ovaries, pcos. Helpful for me to understand how hormones were working. Was gentle with encouragement to lower bmi but didn't say I couldn't pursue treatment. Did have some issues after using trigger shots a few months in a row, decided to check uterus by more than just ultrasound and found polyp.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Be open. Ask questions. Discuss expectations. Dr. Hurliman will have a conversation with you and help walk you through.
Caring and took the time to talk with and check in.
Letrozole with trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
People took the time to put me at ease. Showed me how to do a trigger shot. Compassionate when we didn't have success.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The waiting area is small, at peterkort. Not completely private if discussing anything near waiting room or front desk. There are rooms for meeting and of course exam rooms. Artwork in waiting area was dark.
Labs, medications, visits, tests, ultrasounds. All out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
If I remember correctly I think that I had received some information/instructions that differed from conversation at appointment and needed further clarification.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

She [Dr. Hurliman] was pleasant but did not offer any information or advice unless specifcally asked. No emotion perceived. just facts.... Didn't feel she had any personal opinions/advice. unexplained infertility...my lab results were not interpreted to me. I can view online portal but the values don't mean anything to me. My fsh was high and i wasnt made aware of it. concerned about pcos.... recommended a naturopath
Staff [Oregon Reproductive Med] is very warm and friendly, but Billing dept is not on-site and difficult to reach and communicate with. Pay in person at the time of each visit to avoid the billing department. Insurance coverage for basic labs is confusing. No straight answers.... my lab results were not interpreted to me.... She [Dr. Hurliman] was pleasant but did not offer any information or advice unless specifcally asked. No emotion perceived. just facts.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Didn't feel she had any personal opinions/advice. unexplained infertility.... No explanation of lab results. Went to an accupunturist and she reviewed my labs, noticed my fsh levels were high so she was concerned about pcos.... recommended a naturopath.. why Dr. Hurliman never mentioned it is beyond me.
Come prepared with lots of questions because it's like pulling teeth to get her to tell you anything.
She was pleasant but did not offer any information or advice unless specifcally asked. No emotion perceived. just facts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Sensitive & compassionate
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Staff is very warm and friendly, but Billing dept is not on-site and difficult to reach and communicate with. Pay in person at the time of each visit to avoid the billing department. Insurance coverage for basic labs is confusing. No straight answers.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Dr Hurliman sat down at every visit with us and made us feel like we were her only patient. She went into detail about each step of the IVF/IUI process and answered any questions that we had. I like to know every detail and I was more than satisfied that she disclosed all information, good or bad...It is a process and be prepared for many appointments! If you have questions, make sure to ask them!!!
At the very beginning of the IUI process there was some scheduling problems [at Oregon Repro Med]. I was rescheduled a few times and it became an issue, especially when you have to arrange time off work...Katy was the best nurse I could ever ask for! She was prompt in answering questions and didn't rush us out the door...
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
At the very beginning of the IUI process there was some scheduling problems. I was rescheduled a few times and it became an issue, especially when you have to arrange time off work.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Hurliman was always very nice, polite and really made us feel like sure cared about us and our attempts to get pregnant...
[Oregon Repro Med- Port W] Clinic was always welcoming. Had no issues with availability even on the weekends. All doctors and nurses we worked with were nice and helpful...
2015, Successful
[Dr. Hurliman was a] very good doctor. We were treated with respect and had successful iui on first attempt...My care team didn't really get to know me but never mixed me up with anyone else either.
They didn't tell us which [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] clinic to go to. I had previously seen Amanda Hurliman at the downtown clinic and when my appointment was supposed to be at the west side clinic, they did not tell me. Instead of apologizing the front desk said "well dr. Hurliman only sees patients at this clinic"
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Very good doctor. We were treated with respect and had successful iui on first attempt
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
They didn't tell us which clinic to go to. I had previously seen Amanda Hurliman at the downtown clinic and when my appointment was supposed to be at the west side clinic, they did not tell me. Instead of apologizing the front desk said "well dr. Hurliman only sees patients at this clinic"