Medical SchoolLoyola U.
FellowshipWash U. St. Louis
6 Bronze Pointe
Swansea, IL 62226
866-577-7926
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Amber Cooper to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 119.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Centers for Reproductive Medicine & Wellness to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 39.7
2013 - 2016
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Cooper is the most compassionate and empathetic physician I have ever had. Her knowledge and expertise on infertility related disease states are well shown through the research and studies she partakes in within the reproductive/endocrinology field. She treats each patient like a person and not as a statistic that will increase/decrease her facilities success rates. She never rushes you and thoroughly answers all questions during all phone and in person interactions.
2013 - 2016
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper?
Make an in person consultation ASAP to see for yourself what a wonderful physician she is. You will leave feeling loved, cared about, and that your best interest is her number one priority.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
She made me feel like she truest wanted the best outcomes for me and despite my hormone levels was still willing to work with me if treatment is what I wanted to persue
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles and their degree of success.
After being diagnosed with premature ovarian insiffiency, I wanted to know that I tried everything I could before opting for donor eggs. I tried high doses of gonadotropins such as follistim and menopur, but still did not produce follicles of sufficient size to proceed to a trigger and a retrieval. I tried this 2 different times, both times with the same results. I am currently in the process of persueing donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Andrea was great in communicating with me the plan Dr. Copper wanted me to take or to provide me lab/ultrasound results. She was just as compassionate and empathetic as Dr. Cooper.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I love the feel of this clinic, it is very small and you get to know all the staff very well. All the staff do an excellent job at their positions. Since it is a new facility, I have had issues with billing, but have never been pressured to pay anything before seen or a next appointment. The hold up was just due to the Doctor getting credentialed with each insurance company taking some time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
After my deductible is met, insurance picks up a majority of my visit cost. Prior to my deductible being met, a consultation was around $250, all of which was being applied to my deductible.
2013 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I have always felt that she [Dr. Cooper] has treated me like a friend. She is extremely compassionate and empathetic. I did not get the results we had hoped for but every time she called with the bad news, she was so empathetic and took the time to listen to my fears and my hurt. She is always so optimistic. I have never felt a connection with a doctor the way I feel with Dr. Cooper and I have never trusted a doctor as much as I trust her.
2013 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Amber Cooper?
I began seeing Dr. Cooper my freshman year of college. She was very understanding of the stress I was going through with transitioning to college as well as the stress of trying to have a successful egg retrieval. It took several attempt to get my hormone levels to the appropriate level to go forward with the injections but Dr. Cooper was always optimistic. I was finally able to go through with the injections but they were unsuccessful. My ovaries did not produce any follicles. Even through the disappointment, she helped me to remain hopeful. We tried two more times in two different ways. Both times were unsuccessful. Dr. Cooper was so hopeful for me. I could tell she wanted it to work just as badly as I did. Unfortunately, we had to take a step back and take a break from the process. She has always encouraged me to remain hopeful because I am so young. I still see her annually and she keeps me up to date with the new research. She is very cutting edge. I will never go to a different fertility specialist.
Don't wait.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I was 19 when I began seeing Dr. Cooper. I have always felt that she has treated me like a friend. She is extremely compassionate and empathetic. I did not get the results we had hoped for but every time she called with the bad news, she was so empathetic and took the time to listen to my fears and my hurt. She is always so optimistic. I have never felt a connection with a doctor the way I feel with Dr. Cooper and I have never trusted a doctor as much as I trust her.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
The nurse practitioner that worked with Dr Cooper was phenomenal as was the staff in the lab and the ultrasound technicians.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is very private and very positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
My parents insurance covered the treatment. The girl who set me up with the medications did such a great job of working with our insurance on such short notice. I felt the staff was extremely accommodating.
St. Louis CWE
Dr Cooper is absolutely wonderful. When everyone else has given up hope in your case, Dr. Cooper remains steadfast. However, she is very realistic about the overall prognosis and is upfront about that. As a healthcare professional myself, I am often very particular about healthcare providers. Dr. Amber Cooper is top-notch in all aspects: 1)knowledge and level of care 2) compassion and empathy 3) communication and pleasant office environment
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper?
You're lucky to be able to be a patient of Dr. Cooper's. She will be there for you every step of the way.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Cooper is the most compassionate and empathetic physician I have ever met. In addition, she is absolutely brilliant in her field. I know she stays up to date with the most recent research and protocols, thereby presenting patients with the best options available for treatment. You will leave feeling like you are one of Dr. Coopers' family members or best friends. She has never made me feel like she was not 100% invested.
Estrogen priming with injectable 250 units follistim and 150 units menapur and 10 units Lupron daily- protocol for DOR. 5 eggs retrieved, 2 embryos survived and transferred on day 3. No pregnancy 20 units Lupron daily, 150 units follistim daily, 75 units menapur daily , omnitrope for 4 days starting day 5. No response, no pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse.
All very kind and organized. They made me feel as if I was one of their closest friends or family members. Truly want success for you.
Describe your experience with Centers for Reproductive Medicine & Wellness.
Fantastic! Very caring, kind, organized. Highly knowledgeable and professional team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
Very reasonable, worked with me on out of pocket cost while she was still out of network with my insurance because Dr Cooper was the only RE I wanted to see. They are within the same average costs of other ivf clinics--they truly want to see their patients get the care they need and want
Swansea
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Amber Cooper was the first Dr to really listen to what we were comfortable doing and who searched deep beyond the routine startup blood work to find underlying causes to our problems. It seemed like every test to figure out our issue came with negative news and she always took plenty of time to explain the results and tell us what they mean in our case. We were always knowledgeable and comfortable.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper?
Don't think your Dr is the best for you until you have seen her! Dr. Cooper was our 2nd and 4th Dr. We liked her so much that when she left to open her own practice we followed as soon as it was open! (And so did my favorite staff from the old office!)
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
She always knows patients, not just names but asks questions related to previous conversations. She comforted me when things didn't work out the way I had hoped or if I was nervous about part of the treatment. She has never stopped searching for the exact treatment that could help us.
I can't be specific here. It's been 3 years of multiple pills, surgeries, injections, and diagnostic blood work. we have multiple factor infertility and our cycles were constantly being adjusted to achieve better results. I feel Dr. Cooper was extremely active every step of the way and fought hard to get a distinct diagnosis and used that info to give us our best chance.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
All of the staff was friendly and warm. Even for routine blood work they are peppy and make sure you are completely comfortable with all parts of the treatment, from tiny blood pricks to surgery!
Describe your experience with Centers for Reproductive Medicine & Wellness.
I honestly love the new clinic the space is inviting and comfortable and the staff and Dr.s are fantastic. I drive 30 min farther than my old clinic just go here! 115 miles round trip and I don't mind a bit!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
Seemed comparable as with the other 3 Drs.
3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Amber Cooper was always excited to see us, like an old friend. She remembered our daughter's name (miscarriage) and would use her name when speaking about her. That meant a lot. She would check on us and email us any time we had questions or worries....Even though we traveled across state lines (we are on the IL side of St Louis), our insurance covered most of our procedures after getting a Global Release.
3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Amber Cooper?
Amber Cooper was just amazing. Can't say a bad thing about her. She was warm and kind, and sympathized with us. She greeted us excitedly and was always hopeful (but realistic) on our chances. She built our family.
Don't wait.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Our first IVF cycle I had very low quality eggs and embryos. We transferred two, but were realistic with how low quality they were. That cycle was a BFN. The very next cycle 3 months later we completely switched protocols and injections. I responded slightly better. We transferred 2 more "below average" embryos, but by miracle one took. Two years later or son wanted a sibling. We reviewed my results and tweaked my protocol once again. We had twin girls.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
She wasn't all about business. She cared to ask how I was going, really doing, and wanted to know when/if I felt overhwelmed or scared or worried. She always validated my feelings and helped encourage me to push on.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic did IVF on rotation. So even if you loved your doctor, she helped set you up, but another doctor may be doing your retrieval and transfer. Dr. Cooper was so kind she came in and visited sometimes during our retrieval/transfers anyway. I did not connect with all the other doctors the same way I did with Amber Cooper, but I trusted their skills.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Due to my fear of medical procedures I would only agree to be seen by Dr. Cooper. She agreed to oversee my care and came in for all of my appointments, egg retrieval, and egg transfers. She is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. She puts her patients first...Dr. Cooper cares about her patients and will spend any amount of time necessary to make a patient comfortable with their options and their decision...
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Amber Cooper?
Dr. Cooper will take the time to inform the patient of the physical, emotional, and even financial aspects of trying to grow a family. My wife, who fears the medical profession, was able to overcome her greatest fear and perform 1 cycle of IVF, which I directly correlate to Dr. Cooper. She moved mountains so my wife could overcome her greatest fear and be granted her most desired wish, a family. She came in for every appointment, for every procedure, even though she worked in a multi-physician environment. Dr. Cooper cares about her patients and will spend any amount of time necessary to make a patient comfortable with their options and their decision.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper?
Leave no question un-asked. Go to the consultation a couple to talk about growing your family. Everyone involved in the process should be seen and talk with Dr. Cooper.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Cooper, was working at Wash U at the time. There were a number of reproductive endocrinologist on staff that took weekend call for egg retrieval and egg transfers. The clinic worked as a team. Due to my fear of medical procedures I would only agree to be seen by Dr. Cooper. She agreed to oversee my care and came in for all of my appointments, egg retrieval, and egg transfers. She is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. She puts her patients first.
The ART method was followed. Daily ultra sounds with medication dose changes based upon medical diagnostic testing performed daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Everyone was attentive to my needs. They all understood my fears and took their time with me. They trated me like gold.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic sees a lot of patients and they hold a lot of educational seminars / teaching moments for patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
Patrial Insurance Coverage. Between $5-$10, our of pocket.
St. Louis CWE
I contacted Dr cooper to have InvoCell done because we couldnt afford traditional IVF. She was very compassionate and thorough in going over the treatment plan. Her monitoring was very good but something was missed at the end. On wednesday i had 8 follicles i took my trigger shot that night and she brought me in 36 hours later for egg retrieval. I came out of surgery with 4 follicles that ovulated already so she only was able to get 2 eggs, one which was immature. The other 2 follicles didnt have eggs im assuming. So because i had premature ovulation she forfeited the Invocell and did an IUI to try and catch them. She ICSI the one "good" egg and she called the next day to report it was a 3PN. So i got no embryos and one egg that the embryo was no good. I got charged full price for the cycle $4200 plus medications. She offered me to help with medications for IVF as sone kind of compensation for not getting a "fair chance" this go around.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper?
The only advice i can guve is just really know your cycle and if you suspect you may ovulate early tell her so she can adjust your supression meds
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr cooper was very compassionate in the way she treated me
Everyone was very nice and knowledgable
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The office staff is wonderful, everyone was so nice and caring and very accomodating. There would be times i would call Mariah and have to change an appoiuntment 2 or 3 times and she was very sweet never heard annoyance in her voice
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring was very frequent but it was at the convenience of my work schedule
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
$4200 for the InvoCell cycle $1800 for medications mostly were covered by my insurance All monitoring appointments (US/bloodwork/saline US) covered by insurance.
Vios Fertility Institute
St. Louis
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Dr. Cooper has a great depth of knowledge and lectures regionally to other health care professionals regarding fertility. She is avle to explain the science and will draw diagrams and charts as needed to help you understand what is going on with your body. She is compassionate, empathetic and keeps a positive attitude....She is a wonderful doctor so far. I have high hopes for success that I wasn't feeling with my previous doctor.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Everyone in the office is warm and friendly.
I am currently starting an antagonist protocol because I was a poor responder to a previous agonist protocol. Since I am just starting I habe no feedback to give on success.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Mary, the lab nurse, is awesome at phlebotomy and very personable. My nurse coordinator is a little disorganized and trying to get settled in at the new office. My only complaint is that I start stims tomorrow and I still have no set doses or a calendar for my cycle. The office is more "wing it last minute" with finalizing doses. It's not a huge deal to me as I'm laid back and have been through this before, but I could see it being stressful to a new patient just starting their IVF journey.
Describe your experience with Centers for Reproductive Medicine & Wellness.
New office, location in Metro East St. Louis to service women on this side of the river, ability to do all procedures and phlebotomy in the same office. Ability to contact your doctor and nurse via email is helpful too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
I have 100% insurance coverage.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
One piece of advice would be to enter lose hope. There were many times where I know it was just as hard for Dr. Cooper [at Washington University School of Medicine] to share the bad news as it was for us to hear it. She never gave up on us or turned us away. Instead she was there with a hug, compassionate smile, and a let's try again attitude. Now I have no greater joy than being able to share photos and updates of our amazing daughter thanks to her!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Amber Cooper?
When you enter Dr. Cooper's office she makes you feel so welcome. As her patient, there were many times I was scared, worried, overwhelmed, and the list goes on. However, I always left with a sense of reassurance and comfort. There was never a time I felt unsure of the plan or what was out next step. She stood by my husband and I even step of the way. Bad times and now good, she truly cares for her patients and that passion is evident.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper?
One price of advice would be to enter lose hope. There were many times where I know it was just as hard for Dr. Cooper to share the bad news as it was for us to hear it. She never gave up on us or turned us away. Instead she was there with a hug, compassionate smile, and a let's try again attitude. Now I have no greater joy than being able to share photos and updates of our amazing daughter thanks to her!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Cooper is the most amazing doctor! She is dedicated beyond belief. She made me feel so comfortable and at ease. Dr. Cooper has always gone above and beyond for me and I will never be able to thank her enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I would speak with Andrea on a regular basics. She always took the time to make sure I understood everything and did not have any questions. She is truly amazing!
St. Louis CWE
Dr. Cooper was amazing. I had a break down on the phone with one of the nurses because my cycle wasn't going as good as I wanted. Minutes later Dr. Cooper called me and she was out of the country on vacation and calmed me down...letroloze and injectibles with cetrotide included InvoCell...1st IUI, Clomid and ovidril...2nd IUI letrozol, follistim, and ovidril...3rd iui all injectibles...4th all injectable
None
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
The only time I felt like a number is when they got super busy and would ask me questions that they should know the answer to. For example, I was using donor sperm and they asked my husband to go back to give his sample.
1st IUI, Clomid and ovidril 2nd IUI letrozol, follistim, and ovidril 3rd iui all injectibles 4th all injectable 5th letroloze and injectibles with cetrotide included InvoCell. Gonal F, menopur, cetrotide, and trigger
The only bad thing I have to say is sometimes I would not get a phone call with my results. I would have to call in the next day and they would apologize for not getting back to me
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Great clinic, just getting busier everyday. So sometimes you have to wait a long time. And the billing department doesn't seem to really know what is going on. I would highly recommend. That is all.
I've spent a total of about 18000
What specific things went wrong at this clinic?
Vios Fertility Institute
St. Louis
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Amber Cooper] provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking...She has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. She takes the time to explain everything, sets realistic expectations, and truly cares about your outcome.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Amber Cooper?
She provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking.
You can trust her 100%
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Endometrial biopsy to test for endometritis and help improve implantation. Lupron, menopure, folystim, and trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Both the nurse Andrea and the secretary Mary Ann were so good throughout the entire process. They answered every question. Treated me with respect at all times and showed so much compassion.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The only issue was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper.
Insurance covered some until I reached my lifetime max. Took out a loan from the arc program for about $12000 to cover a retrieval, fresh transfer, and frozen transfer