Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Mississippi
ResidencyU. of Virginia
FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
80 Humphreys Center
Memphis, TN 38120
901-747-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Amelia Bailey to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates to a friend?
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Bailey always took the time to answer our questions and made us feel at ease. I really felt her compassion for our situation.... We ended up doing 4 IUIs and then moved on to IVF.... We had typical protocols - we did have a break in between one of our IUI cycles due to my uterine lining not thickening up enough, but she adjusted the medication. Every IUI cycle always looked “text book”, but we didn’t get pregnant.
European, Other
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
She was amazing. I hope we don’t have trouble conceiving another child, but if we do, I feel comforted knowing that we could go back to her. She followed up with her with personal phone calls, had a great sense of humor and explained everything so we could understand it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Trust what she tells you. She is the doctor with experience. Don’t listen to “Dr. Google”.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Describe the protocols Amelia Bailey used in your cycles at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
We ended up doing 4 IUIs and then moved on to IVF. We had two frozen transfers. The first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The second resulted with out beautiful daughter. We had typical protocols - we did have a break in between one of our IUI cycles due to my uterine lining not thickening up enough, but she adjusted the medication. Every IUI cycle always looked “text book”, but we didn’t get pregnant. With PCOS, I think “typical” protocols were used.
I did not have very good experiences with her nurses. She had several in the two years that I received treatment. They seemed inexperienced or not very compassionate - almost robotic. This was a very sensitive and stressful situtation and they at times seemed too robotic. I complained to her directly several times.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
There are not many options in Memphis, so you have to deal with the clinic. Dr. Bailey is worth dealing with the staff. The front clerks were always very friendly, but nurses and people in the lab weren’t so great. One ultrasound tech was great, but the other was so rude and cold.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
IUIs were about $1,000 each, egg retrieval was about $15K and each transfer was about $3K. Not to mention all of the medication.
Describe Amelia Bailey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Dr. Bailey said that due to my age and diagnosis she recommended single embryo transfer. I wish I would have pushed to transfer multiples, but I trust her and would have listened to her again.
What specific things went wrong at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Memphis
Dr Bailey suspected I have PCOS and devised a testing protocol that will detect PCOS and any other issue that's affecting my fertility. I had lots of blood drawn to begin the process and took medroxyprogesterone to to start my cycle (because it won't start on its own). At day three of my cycle, it was back for more bloodwork and a transvaginal ultrasound. I got back between days 6 and ten for a hysterosalpingogram (they insert dye into the uterus which backs into the fallopian tubes to check for blockages) and a sonohysterogram (they insert saline into the uterus to check the uterus for problems. Finally my husband has to produce a "sample" to make sure his sperm are good. I'm not sure where the treatment goes from here as the tests are not all done yet so we don't have a complete picture of the problem.
How was your experience with Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Dr. Bailey was friendly and approachable. She was experienced but not jaded in a "been there, seen that" way. She made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me even though it was just an initial appointment. I feel incredibly comfortable with her as my doctor.
Don't be nervous if this is your first experience with a fertility doc or the process because Dr. Bailey will help you through it (while making it seem simple to understand).
Dr. Bailey sat down at the start of treatment and really paid attention to my medical history. Then she explained how we were going to do a round of testing and the types of tests they would do. She was incredibly reassuring and saw me as a person, not just a set of data. Really gave me confidence that we would solve this problem.
They are friendly and organized.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
I haven't had a lot of interaction with the clinic as we're just getting started. It seems like a busy place but I've never felt like a number there. Everyone is very friendly. They're very tolerant of a newbie like me (who doesn't know the routine or what to expect).
Memphis
Dr Bailey was very straightforward from the beginning. She outlined the testing needed and treatment plan in a way which we could understand. she also answered any questions we had a long the way and let us direct the pace at which we took each new step.... I was diagnosed with PCOS. She started metformin to help with insulin resistance that is a result of PCOS. I was also started on synthroid for an elevated TSH. I remained on both of these medications my entire pregnancy.
How was your experience with Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Have your questions ready. She is very personable but is also busy and appointments are to the point but do not linger.
She took the time to answer my questions, empathize with my feelings, she also had PCOS and would share her experiences as they related
I was diagnosed with PCOS. She started metformin to help with insulin resistance that is a result of PCOS. I was also started on synthroid for an elevated TSH. I remained on both of these medications my entire pregnancy. I did four rounds of letrozole. Once I had a positive pregnancy test I was started on progesterone supplements for my first trimester.
They were quick to respond to phone messages and always willing to answer questions
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
The clinic was very organized and all of the staff is friendly. They worked hard to accommodate appointments with our work schedules. We didn’t have to wait long to see a doctor or nurse once we had checked in for appointments. I loved the ultrasound techs! They always took extra time to explain what they were seeing on imaging.
We laid specialist copay for each visit. The diagnostic work up was covered by insurance and then we paid for medications.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Bailey only elected to do single embryo transfers on the two transfers we have completed to date. Single embryo transplants were done based on statistics for twins with multiple embryo transfers...always made time to speak with my husband and me. She never made us feel rushed or like a “number.” She is compassionate, a great listener and did a great job of explaining processes, procedures and medical concepts in ways that were easily understandable.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Dr. Bailey always made time to speak with my husband and me. She never made us feel rushed or like a “number.” She is compassionate, a great listener and did a great job of explaining processes, procedures and medical concepts in ways that were easily understandable.
Take notes while meeting with Dr Bailey as there will be significant amounts of information discussed.
The facility administrator, Ashley Anderson, always took my concerns seriously and either made time to speak with me directly in the office or through phone conversation.
I was on metformin 750 mg twice a day for my PCOS. Synthroid 25 mcg once a day for my thyroid. Estrodial to thicken my uterine lining. Injections before and after my transfer. Prenatal vitamins were also prescribed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Patrice)
Patrice was always available to take calls, answer questions and provide clear instructions throughout the fertility process.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Strengths: Professionalism, outstanding service, knowledge, compassion, ease of access to facility from major highways Weanknesses: it was rare to get into appointment at the scheduled time. Wait times were the norm.
Dr. Bailey only elected to do single embryo transfers on the two transfers we have completed to date. Single embryo transplants were done based on statistics for twins with multiple embryo transfers as well as
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Bailey is amazing!!! She is very knowledgeable, willing to learn about you, the patient, empathetic, compassionate, a blessing. I have been blessed to get to know Dr. Bailey on a personal level. She is an awesome surgeon as well. She is so caring and puts you at ease. She looks at you in the eye when speaking with you and gives you the pros and cons to all procedures. I have already recommended her to other people.
Black or African-American, Native American
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Amelia Bailey at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Be honest and willing to hear the good and bad.
Amelia was genuinely concerned with our well being. She has great bedside manners and very caring
The nursing staff was always compassionate.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
The clinic changed lab techs too often. This is the only weakness. I love this clinic. I have not experienced any bad things at FAM. Everyone is compassionate and empathetic from the front desk staff to the billing coordinator to the nurses and doctors.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Very well-oiled machine
Labs Retrieval and facility costs Transfer costs
Dr. Bailey assesses each patient and helps you come up with a plan that will not hinder the patient