6.2

1195 W. Fremont Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

1 patient review filtered by:

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Milki is fantastic and extremely knowledgeable, use your valuable time with him well and be prepared with what-ever testing you can ahead of time to get the most out of your appointment...We are trying for a natural IUI, possibly followed by using Clomid if a subsequent IUI(s) are needed. We had an initial ultrasound to check for eggs, and continued to track ovulation and periods until we can have the IUI performed...was extremely professional, knowledgable, presented a lot of information in a short amount of time, while readily answering all of our questions. We left feeling prepared and excited to move forward with him and the Stanford team.
The nursing staff [at Stanford University] are great and really care about their patients...While the requiered online training were great and informative the mandatory in person training had almost nothing to do with my situation and felt like a waste of half a day since it takes approximately 1.5 hours to drive each way to the clinic. Lastly the clinic sent my pre-approval information to the wrong medical plan and thus relayed to us that we had no insurance coverage for the treatments. I proved that I do have insurance coverage and was then told the procedures were denied and only my consultation visit with Dr. Milki was being covered. Ultimately my insurance stepped in and sorted it out, in
How was your experience with Amin Milki at Stanford University?
Strengths: Extremely knowledgable, caring, informative, willing to jump right in. Weaknesses (not specific to Dr. Milki but the Stanford Fertility Clinic): a lot of testing and pre-requirements-more so than any other fertility doctor's office, it started to feel like Stanford was making sure all of their bases were covered not just things related to my health. My husband and I are seeking treatment due to male -factor infertility and already had a donor selected to provide donor sperm-what should be the simplest of procedures, yet we kept being presented with numerous set-backs during the testing and pre-required consultations/trainings some of which had to due the the results of bloodwork and others from the clinic not handling the insurance and pre-approval properly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amin Milki at Stanford University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amin Milki at Stanford University?
Dr. Milki was extremely professional, knowledgable, presented a lot of information in a short amount of time, while readily answering all of our questions. We left feeling prepared and excited to move forward with him and the Stanford team.
Describe the protocols Amin Milki used in your cycles at Stanford University and their degree of success.
We are trying for a natural IUI, possibly followed by using Clomid if a subsequent IUI(s) are needed. We had an initial ultrasound to check for eggs, and continued to track ovulation and periods until we can have the IUI performed. Due to COVID Coronavirus all IUIs have been put on hold for an unspecified amount of time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Stanford University.
The nursing staff are great and really care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Stanford University.
The clinic is at the forefront of fertility research and treatment. My situation is somewhat straightforward (Natural IUI) it is nice knowing that I asm being treated at one of the best facilities. The clinic however mis-handled some of my pre-approval and insurance information which caused an immense amount of stress, confusion, and wasted time. Thankfully my insurance company stepped in to help clear up the confusion that had arisen with Stanford, my medical plan and my insurance. Also the clinic did not send back the tank used to ship the donor sperm back to the sperm bank, possibly die to COVID (Coronavirus) shortened hours and staff, and I have had to field questions from the sperm bank.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amin Milki at Stanford University.
Our out of pocket expenses for a natural (no-medication) Intra Uterine Insemination IUI, will cost close to $6,300 including the cost of donor sperm.
Describe Amin Milki's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Stanford University.
What specific things went wrong at Stanford University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Stanford University.
I was not informed that due to one of my required blood test result for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) coming back showing I did not have Measles immunity I would have to get a measles vaccine and miss 2 cycles since Stanford would not inseminate me if any part of my 28 day cycle overlapped with 30 days from the date of my measles immunization, which it did by 2 days. I was also informed I would have to select a new donor because of incompatible CMV results, as opposed to informing us about the very low potential risk and asking if we would like to proceed with a new donor–we ultimately pushed back and are using our donor. While the requiered online training were great and informative the mandatory in person training had almost nothing to do with my situation and felt like a waste of half a day since it takes approximately 1.5 hours to drive each way to the clinic. Lastly the clinic sent my pre-approval information to the wrong medical plan and thus relayed to us that we had no insurance coverage for the treatments. I proved that I do have insurance coverage and was then told the procedures were denied and only my consultation visit with Dr. Milki was being covered. Ultimately my insurance stepped in and sorted it out, in the process discovering Stanford's mistake and also forcing my medical plan to accept the coverage. This was very stressful since it took 8 months (hundreds of hours phone calls and emails) to get the approval for fertility treatment "anywhere" since it is not offered in my area.
Amin Milki