New York City IVF

Doctor available by emailDoctor available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolCairo University
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipCornell
400 East 56th St
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Amr Azim to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 310
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New York City IVF to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 610
He [Dr Azim] was there to comfort me when I cried because I didn't get pregnant during two cycles with him. At one point he asked if I wanted IVF and I said I did but I could not afford it and he quickly said "we will find a way to get you the drugs for less money." He was simply wonderful.
How was your experience with Amr Azim?
Dr. Azim works 24/7 for his patients. He saw me on many Saturdays and Sundays. He is extremely precise and usually backs up his statements with research. He guided me to be patient and allow a pregnancy with a singleton instead of upping the doses of medicine to release more eggs and increase risk for twins. He is very supportive of having a singleton and tries to avoid multiples. He did all of my testing and appointments personally and is very tech savvy and uses his phone and e-mail. Even today we are in touch as I try to navigate my next pregnancy and the Zika virus. I recommend him 100%, especially if you do not want to be a number in a large practice. Finally, he accepted whatever my insurance paid and I did not come out of pocket for his help.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amr Azim?
Dr. Azim will encourage genetic testing so be ready for that.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Azim gave generously of his time to evaluate our history trying to get pregnant and give me his feedback on the best options for us. He knew my name after my first appointment. He was there to comfort me when I cried because I didn't get pregnant during two cycles with him. At one point he asked if I wanted IVF and I said I did but I could not afford it and he quickly said "we will find a way to get you the drugs for less money." He was simply wonderful.
N/A for Dr. Azim. He treats patients personally.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Dr. Azim's clinic is basically all him and his lovely receptionist.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amr Azim.
I have Aetna insurance and Dr. Amir accepted what my insurance paid. I have no idea how much that is, but I didn't come out of pocket, except for small amounts for the medicine.
46 Eggs Frozen
My partner and I knew very little about the egg freezing process and our options, and he [Dr Amr Azim]spent a lot of time with us during our consultation educating us about the process and helping us decide what we wanted to do. He was also very flexible with us in terms of timing and kept us informed during all the ultrasounds, etc. I had some questions for him at night and over the weekend while administering the medication, and he was always available. I found the process to be much easier and less stressful than I expected, and I credit that to him. I felt that he really cared about his patients and having a successful outcome for each patient.
46 Eggs Frozen
European, Latino
How was your experience with Amr Azim?
Dr. Azim is an amazing doctor. He is very knowledgeable and caring. My partner and I knew very little about the egg freezing process and our options, and we spent a lot of time with us during our consultation educating us about the process and helping us decide what we wanted to do. He was also very flexible with us in terms of timing and kept us informed during all the ultrasounds, etc. I had some questions for him at night and over the weekend while administering the medication, and he was always available. I found the process to be much easier and less stressful than I expected, and I credit that to him. I felt that he really cared about his patients and having a successful outcome for each patient.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Azim always took the time to explain everything to my partner and me and was very available (including on weekends and nights) and caring and interested in our input and reactions throughout the entire process.
The office is very small. It is only two doctors, one nurse (or perhaps physician's assistant or resident) and an office manager. I mostly spoke with Dr. Azim or his office manager Tihara. Tihara is very organized, nice and personal; she got me an appointment quickly and helped coordinate insurance, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amr Azim.
$8500 for the treatment cycle and retrieval. I spent approximately $2000 on medications and long-term storage will be approximately $600 a year.
Manhattan
Dr Azim has incredible bedside manner. He's as passionate about helping us have a baby as we are. He delivers good and bad news with kindness and care...Dr. Azim is the doctor that you see at every appointment. He draws blood, does the ultrasounds and performs all of the procedures. He is always very reachable whether its via cell phone or email. I'm not sure when he has the time to sleep...
How was your experience with Amr Azim?
Dr. Azim is the doctor that you see at every appointment. He draws blood, does the ultrasounds and performs all of the procedures. He is always very reachable whether its via cell phone or email. I'm not sure when he has the time to sleep :)
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amr Azim?
You are in very good hands.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Azim performs all of the typical duties of a nurse.